Blood Dragon

Scipio lays next to the fire, the stone floor was at least warm enough to rest on. The rain started to pour slowly, but increasingly it sped up. He closed his eyes and kept his scarf over his mouth and nose. His body ached from his injury, who knows what it damaged when the brute struck his blade into his gut

There was no chance he could survive in the land of dragons... and he didn't care for living with a bounty. Looking over at Dagger, he noticed she seemed troubled.

"What is the matter?" He asked, trying to restore his softer tone.

The rain sounded wonderful to her. It had been so long since she had been able to just listen to it. She missed those moments.

She tilts her head and looks towards Scipio as he spoke. He looked paler than he had been before. She wish he would let her look to his injures but he seemed so guarded right now.

Her eyes flicker slightly and she shakes her head. "It's nothing." She smiles a bit to him. "Get some rest. I'll stand guard." she says. Her own injury had started to heal better but there was still discomfort.

Scipio shook his head a bit.

"I will stand guard. I... have a bit to think about anyways." He says as he stands up and moves to the entrance. He didn't trust having someone else guard him anymore regardless, especially not after having a bounty on his neck.

She looks to him, moving away from the wall. "If you do not trust me then say so but do remember that you are not the one who killed the king." She walks pass him and towards the fire. She understood his mistrust. They both had been betrayed by their mates in the worst possible ways. Yet, she still trusted him in that moment. Her mate had died at her own hands and yet, still, she foolishly loved him.

Shaking her head, she lays down by the fire and forces her mind to clear so she could get some rest. She grimaces a little from the movement before relaxing and closing her eyes.

Scipio stares outside the entrance with his sword at ready. The storm raged until it was almost deafeningly loud, and lightning flashed brightly in the night. Scipio remained awake, but decided the cave was not possible to access during such a storm anyways. Standing up, he carefully walks over to Dagger. He knew she wasn't asleep.

"I am sorry. I... " Scipio couldn't find the right words to continue, and his voice was nearly drowned by the storm. He lays next to her, near the fire. He had every reason to not trust anyone, but he knew it was unwise to disrespect his companion in such a way. He kept his eyes on the entrance, and the storm.

She opens her eyes and looks over to him. She hadn't expected him to apologize to her at all. In truth she understood his actions and hadn't held it against him. She smiles a little and watches as he laid down.

His heart must be as heavy as hers, she wondered. Then she closes her eyes to try and let sleep take her. She needed to rest , that much was true.

Rest wouldn't come though as the storm only grew more intense. It was the scent though that caught her attention first. Sitting up, she looks to the entrance, narrowing her eyes.

"Scipio, move to the back of the cave. Quickly." She says and moves to her feet. That scent. She knew it any where. Dragon.

But not any dragon. The rain dragon of the north. Her mate's eldest brother.

Scipio did not require a second instruction, he grabbed his sword and moved into the back of the cave out of the fires light. He suspected a bandit... but Dagger acted otherwise.

She was glad that he had not hesitated because as soon as he had moved, the entrance of the cave was filled with a large grey dragon. His maw snapped at the entrance and Dagger managed to leap back out of reach. A rumbling growl echoed through the cave. "Come Dagger. Come and meet your fate!"

She grits her teeth and clenches her hands at her side. "Not on your life Ritor!"

The dragon snarls a bit before pulling back his head to lunge forward again. As he pulled back though, Dagger took advantage of it and ran forward out of the cave. Once outside, she shifted to her dragon form. A grumbling roar leaving her as Blood took control.

The two dragons slammed into one another like a thunderous sound. Their claws and teeth tore at each other. Blood began to mix with the rain.

After a few minutes of this, both parted long enough to catch their breath. The male growled sharply. "My brother was a fool to pick you!"

Blood glared at the male, blood soaking the ground around them. "He betrayed me but I will not stand here and explain myself to the likes of you." She growls.

Scipio watches the duel, and picks up his sword at the break. He noticed a beautifully vulnerable wound on the dragon, and he could reach it easily. He dashed out of the cave, the dragons weren't facing toward it. His aches didn't hinder him much as he jumped and sunk the bronze blade through the tender wound.

Ritor screeched in pain, the sword blade tip had been leaning inside the firepit by accident. Scipio held tightly onto the handle of the blade, and shoved it deep as he could into the flesh. This would at least give Dagger an opening to attack.

Blood's eyes widen as she saw Ritor in pain suddenly. That was when she saw Scipio with his blade within one of the wounds she had made into the male.

Moving carefully, she lunged forward as soon as the opening was revealed to her. Her jaws locked around Ritor's neck. Then she brings her claws up and dug them into the male's form. It took all of her strength but she managed to turn sharply, snapping the dragon's neck.

The body fell to the ground with a thud and she staggers back slightly. Licking her maw a little she then looks to Scipio. She nods her head to him then looks back to Ritor's body. She had not wanted to kill the male. He was only there to avenge his brother and she respected that but she wouldn't let herself be killed either.

Her eyes flicker slightly and looks around a bit. The body of the dead dragon would keep others away for a while but she knew that killing him would bring others to her later.

Back