Blood Handy

"Run away?!" Ghirahim grinned, holding up his blade in defense as he felt the ground rumble. "I'll do no such thing! What's the point in running off when you're going to have to face each other eventually?!" As confident as he was, he gave no thought in running right at them, raising his blade for attack.

One of the hunters moved at Ghirahim and struck hard against his blade, then he leaped back as three others dropped a net over Ghirahim. The net had poison laced in it.

Cindy tenses and leaps out of the way as a Hunter moved towards her. There wasn't any where to run in the small home. Three other hunters focused on Red as well.

Red backed up a bit as the hunters started towards him, then tried to look around the room. "Cindy, what's the sharpest object you have in here?" Wait, how did he know for sure this would work? He tried to connect with the master vampire as he mumbled under his breath. "Are any of your men still outside? I think we're going to need them."

Ghirahim shot a snarl towards the creature, holding his blade in place stubbornly. Damn, those things did seem pretty intimidating. It's been a long time since Ghirahim actually had to struggle against an enemy. He wondered if he had lost any strength over the years.

He certainly didn't expect the net to land on him. He gave a yelp, tumbling down onto his belly. After a quick moment of wondering what the hell forced him down he grinned. They didn't expect this net to stand up against his sword did they? He raised his arm but was met with yet another surprise as the air refused to be inhaled. What was wrong?! He tried to breath but nothing would work with him it seems! He made a face of irritation as a hand moved to his throat. He had to get out of there! It's simple, he tried not to panic. All he had to do was pull it off like a blanket right? His blade hit the ground with a clatter, followed by the thud of his arm. DAMN, he couldn't move. His head hit the ground next, ouch. All this lacking of air was making his vision start to blur. Not to mention his lungs felt like they were on fire.

Cindy shakes her head slightly. "Just the knives in the kitchen and my work knife." She leaps back and to the side to avoid the hunter as he lunged for her. It caused her to crash into another who gripped her arms tightly to keep her from moving. She started to struggle though as she fought to get loose.

The other three hunters were advancing on Red and two lunged forward suddenly with weapons drawn as the third held another net ready.

'Invite me in!' The master had arrived. None of his men were alive but he had more with him.

As Cindy struggled with the hunter her tattoos glowed. The Hunter knocked Cindy over the head and sending her to the ground. The tattoos stopped glowing. The Hunter then leaned down sending a needle into her arm.

He was about to say that he'd use that information for future reference before Cindy was knocked out. Red just barely managed to get out of the way of the weapons as he started running to the front door. Seeing the vampires outside he quickly opened the door. "Please help..." was all he could manage to get out before stepping aside to let them inside. Cindy would hate him for it when she came to, but she might have to thank him for saving all three of their lives. Ghirahim probably would do, if he could set his ego aside.

Ghirahim laid uselessly upon the floor. What could he do to help them? NOTHING. How embarrassing. He could feel his face turning red in anger, embarrassment and because of the fact he couldn't really breath, at all. Damn, his chest felt like it could EXPLODE at any moment now! Things began to fade to black. Was this it for him? Was this how he was going to die? Guess he'd find out when and if he ever saw light again. His surroundings faded out along with the rest of his senses. He had blacked out.

(Since my character is currently unmobile just skip my turns for a little while. ^^)

The master entered the home and the temperture dropped drastically. The hunters stopped suddenly and turned their focus to the vampires.

Soon they charged in and began to fight. It didn't take long for the elite fighters to send the hunters running. The master was furious, he moved to Cindy but stopped from touching her.

Another vampire pulled the net from Ghirahim and began to treat him for the poison.

The master looks to Red. "She will not like this but you will all be safer at one of my homes."

He tilted his head a little as he looked between Cindy, Ghirahim, and the master. "If we do go, do you promise nothing will happen to these two? I may be paranoid by nature, but as I've told Cindy before about you, I'm trying to see both of sides of the argument. Even if it means both giving you the benefit of the doubt and taking things with a grain of salt."

Ghirahim was limp for a few minutes at the least before his eyes slowly fluttered open. Remembering the situation they were in, he panicked and flailed a moment before shoving the Vampire away. He shot up to his feet and teleported to the other side of the room with his sword, snarling in defense before he realized no one was fighting. ". . . . .What. . . . .What the hell happened while I was out?!"

The master looks to Red. "I can promise nothing with happen to Cindy but as of the other one, it's on him."

Then Ghirahim had woken up. The vampire tending to him gets back to his feet. The vampire was Darin and he glanced to the master who shook his head.

The master looked to Ghirahim. "The hunters are gone. I'm taking all of you to a safe house."

Cindy was still out on the floor. What had been in the needle was a knock out drug that would leave her unconscious for hours. It also kept her magic locked away which kept the dragon from appearing. The master wanted to pick her up but instead instructed Darin to do it.

When Ghirahim woke up, he was going to take care of the explanation, but the master beat him to it. Seeing as Ghirahim seemed okay for the time being, he decided once they got to the next location he'd keep an eye on Cindy. It would allow her extra protection as well, on the slim chance any of the vampires got any ideas. "Well, if you really think it'll be safer wherever you want to take us, then I suggest we go as soon as possible. We don't know if or when those... things will come back."

Ghirahim paused and then eyed the master suspiciously. He wanted to argue, but he DID just get his ass saved by them. He inched closer to Red and muttered. ". . .I suppose we don't really have a choice do we?" He glanced to everyone around the room and then let his sword fade away. He didn't need it now so why carry the extra weight? ". . . .I hope you don't mind me saying. . .we'd prefer not to let Cindy out of our sight. We're greatful you helped but you should understand we still have our suspicions. . ."

The master arched a brow at them both, Darin stood beside him with Cindy in his arms.

"If I wanted her dead I would have done so long ago." He stated then nods to another vampire. "Bring the cars around. We need to get moving." The vampire disappeared in smoke.

The sound of car engines could soon be heard outside. The vampire returned and bowed to the master. "We are ready."

The master nodded and looks to the others. "Follow me and I'll tell you about those hunters and what they want."

Red's eyes were wide for a second or two before he relaxed and nodded back to the master vampire, ready to follow. He glanced to Ghirahim to make sure he'd be willing to follow as well.

Ghirahim hesitated a moment before glancing back. Poor Cindy's house was a mess. He frowned. After all that work he had done to make it beautiful again! He held up his hand and a certain type of magic seemed to surround the pictures. Maybe he could preserve them. He'd hold onto them to make sure they were safe at least. With the snap of his fingers they disappeared. "Alright. . .Let's go then. I'll be holding onto those pictures for her. I know she can't get those back if they're broken." He followed them, suspicious but quiet. They had no better option.

After they were all piled into the car, they headed out. Darin kept hold on Cindy as he checked her vitals once in awhile and glsmced at her tattoos to make sure she wasn't waking up yet. To have that beast in the car would make for a tight fit.

They drove for a few before stopping out side a small cottage. It was outside the city but easier to protect.

"You both will not like this but we will have to lock her in a room for when she wakes. The guardian her father left behind won't be happy." The master stated as they all headed on side.

"Guardian?" was the first word out of Red's mouth as he got out of the car. "... You don't happen to mean a certain dragon that her tattoos can seemingly conjure up?" Things were starting to click together, but he wanted to be sure. Maybe he could talk to Cindy or the master vampire in private about it. Actually, now that he thought about it, it seemed the master would know more about this.

Ghirahim narrowed his eyes as he got out. "Watch your tongue shrimp. What if that was meant to be a secret? Think before you open your mouth." He looked to the Master and then to Cindy. "I really don't like the idea of that. Not at all. I want to go with her, you hear? Just how do you expect to gain her trust when she wakes up imprisoned?"

The master looks to Red. "So you've seen it." Then he looks to Ghirahim. "I said nothing about keeping her in there. That creature can do a great deal of damage and the first thing it will do it attack whatever is closest and then run taking her with it. Having such a thing free in the area is dangerous not just to my people but to herself. I know how she thinks. Let her wake and after a few minutes the creature with be calmed down by her and will return to its tattoo state." He nods to Darin to get the room set up.

Back