Blood Handy

"I see... well, if that's how everyone will be safest, then I'll trust you. And if it's not too much a problem, I'd like to have a word with you in private some time. I'm not trying to pose a threat or anything, I just have a few questions nagging at me that I think you can answer." He gave a genuine look to the master, trying to reassure him that he wouldn't cause trouble, and hopefully Ghirahim wouldn't either.

Ghirahim frowned and crossed his arms. He wrinkled his nose as he spoke, much like a pouting child. "Well then I'll still want to stay in there with her, just in case. Maybe I can calm her down faster. . .I don't want her to think of me as an enemy by letting her be taken to this place. . .I. ." His expression went soft, almost sad. "I don't want to lose, a friend." His face heated up extremely after he said those words, looks like he really was getting soft.

The master looked at the two males carefully. They were an odd bunch indeed. He nods though to them. "Red you and I may speak while we wait for her to wake. Ghirahim, you may wait in the room with her but if anything happens to you, this was your choice." He nods to his man. "Follow him and he'll take you to the room with her. Red follow me." The rest of his people dispersed and Darin headed to the room with Cindy still carried gently in his arms. The master led the way to a study.

Red smiled and followed the master to the study, making sure they were alone before speaking. "So, over the past few hours I've been seeing and hearing things that I've been managing to piece together. You mentioned something about a guardian Cindy's father had left for her. And from the context clues I've gotten, I can only guess that guardian is the dragon that emerges from her tattoos. And earlier I saw a picture in her house that showed her and her father, and her father had the same tattoos she has now. In my head I'm kind of answering my own questions here, but I just want to make sure everything's straight. So, Cindy's father left her a guardian in those tattoo, that I'm guessing she somehow got after his passing. Does that sound about right?"

Ghirahim gave a wide, happy grin at the news he could stay with her. They didn't even tease him about it! He felt delighted. Happily, he nodded and followed who he was instructed to. "Maybe I misjudged Shrimp. . ." He kept on grinning, a bit creepily.

The master nodded to him as he moved to a counter and poured a thick red liquid into a glass. He smiled a bit. He should have known the demon would figure it out. "Her tattoos are the guardian. Each person they can change to suit that person but because she wanted to honor her father she had gotten the exact same." He turns and looks to Red as he sipped on the blood then nods to a second glass he hands to him. "It will help feed you." He sits in one of the large chairs. "The guardian is part of the magic her family posses. Her father kept it hidden and locked away but after his passing it has been a bacon to a few. Mainly the one that has been causing the trouble for her."

In the room Darin put Cindy gently down on the bed that was in there. There were no windows in the room. He turns and looks to Ghirahim. "She will wake in a few more minutes." He nods then leaves the room, locking it after shutting the door.

He accepted the glass but for a split second he seemed a little confused. Red was a demon, not a vampire, and while he did feed from humans, he took their souls, not their blood. Either way, he simply held the glass for now and stayed where he was. "So, you keep telling me and trying to convince her that you didn't kill her father. And I'm willing to believe you, even with a small grain of salt. But if you or any other vampire didn't kill him, then who or what did?" He wasn't going to force an answer out of the master, if he wasn't ready to admit that kind of thing, but he figured if he knew, maybe he could help to convince Cindy of what really took her father away from her.

He nodded back and seated himself on the floor next to the bed. "Huh, usually the situation would be reversed for me." He smiled. "Here I am locked in a room and even sitting on the floor." A soft giggle escaped. "I feel like Karma's getting ready to slap me."

The master seemed to understand Red's thinking about the wine and nods to him. "Drink it. It's not just blood. It holds a soul within its contents. I keep it on hand for my demon guest so they stay fed and away from my other guests." He shrugs. Then nods. "The reason she thinks it's me is she found me standing over his body. The being that did it, wants the magic the family holds because it is that strong but before her father was killed, he had transferred it to Cindy. Cindy is the last of her line. The hunters work for the being. I don't know who it is exactly, no one seems to know who controls the hunters now but leadership changed in the past several years." He shakes his head. "I will admit to being drawn to her when I first saw her when she was younger and have watched over her for years. I want her as my own, that much I won't deny but she will never have me and now I settle simply for her safety." He shrugs again.

On the bed, Cindy remained asleep for a few more minutes before she began to stir. The tattoos flashed suddenly and soon the dragon stood over her. As soon as it saw Ghirahim, it roared in anger and lunged for him.

The master heard the roar as it echoed through his home. For a moment sadness entered his eyes before he hid it away. "We will know in a minute or two if your friend can calm the creature. If not...Then we won't be able to open that door."

Hearing the vampire's last statement made Red smile a little. "I guess we have similar attractions to her. The reason I met her was because I gained an interest in her. Granted, that interest first took the form of wanting to take her soul, but since with Ghirahim around I have no way to get it, I've become more attached to her. Which typically isn't something I like to do but this one I doubt I'll regret. So I have some reason to focus on her safety. So I guess, at least in that aspect, you and I are kind of alike." He puncuated his sentence with a smile and took a sip from the wine, trusting the master's words about it having a soul mixed in. Then, hearing the roar he was a little startled, but calmed down a bit as the master spoke. "As much as I surprise myself saying this... I hope he can get that guardian under control. From what I've been hearing so far, it sounds like it's more protective of her than either of us. But I suppose that is its job."

Ghirahim, as much as he should have been prepared was honestly caught off guard. He yelped, scrambling back and trying to summon his blade for defense. . . .but. . .What was this?! He couldn't summon it! He couldn't even summon a dagger. He backed against the wall and did the only thing he could. He raised his arms up above his face and closed his eyes tight. "CALM YOURSELF BEAST! I'M NOT YOUR ENEMY REMEMBER?!"

The master nodded. "We'll know quickly. The guardian is very intelligent but as you guessed, very protective."

The dragon had snapped it' jaws at Ghirham but had not attacked. Instead he stood over the male carefully. A rumbling growl left the beast before it lowered it' head and sniffed at Ghirahim. A softer sound left the creature before it turned and moved to Cindy.

Gently it nuzzled her and woke her further. She blinks a little, her head ached from being hit. She saw the guardian first then Ghirahim. "What happened?" She says as she moves to sit up, the guardian laid beside her. Realizing she wasn't home, she tensed. "Where are we?"

Not hearing any further commotion made him a little nervous. ".. Do you think he did it? Is it okay to check on her?" He held the glass close with how nervous he was, since it was the only thing in his hands at the moment. The dragon's seen Ghirahim before, so it should know he's not an enemy, right?

Ghirahim was honestly more relieved than he'd been in years. That was quite an Adrenalin rush. He sighed as he slowly put his mind back together and placed his hand on his chest. "I know that you're going to be angry, Cindy. . ." he panted softly. "But we had no other choice. . ." He let his arm fall to his side, looking to her. "We are currently inside the Master Vampires headquarters."

The master nods to Red as he moves to his feet. "The beast wouldn't have killed him that quickly. It must have recognized him. Come let's check on them." He says and leads the way.

Cindy tensed even more as she heard those words. "What?! Why are we here? Where is Red? Is he okay?" The last thing she remembered before blacking out was them all fighting.

The dragon gently curled around her and rested his head in her lap as if trying to calm and soothe her.

He followed quickly, once they arrived at the door he stepped forward, not sure whether to knock or just open it. He could hear their voices in there, which meant they were both okay. So was it okay to open the door? He looked to the master, hoping to get some kind of answer.

Ghirahim grinned nervously. "Shrimp and I. . . we brought you here. We had no other option. The creatures that attacked were too strong. . .If we had stayed there we would have been killed. The master Vampire. . .he is the one that ended up saving our asses. . ."

The master shook his head a little. "Give him more time. The guardian is still out." He said.

Cindy still hadn't relaxed. "You didn't have to bring me here....you could have brought me any where but here." She says. The dragon gently nuzzled her. "I don't trust him."

He nodded and backed off, though his worry for both of the people inside the room was pretty evident on his face. But what could he do? Until that guardian relaxed and hid itself, it seemed they wouldn't be able to enter the room. He leaned against the wall next to the door, then slid down it until he was sitting on the floor. "Well, hopefully it goes back to her soon, because I really want to make sure those two are okay." He smiled a little to himself after a minute as he realized he was starting to treat these two similar to how he treated his brothers. At least, he worried about them in a very similar way.

Ghirahim walked over to her and then gently touched her shoulder. "If I took you to my place, I think those creatures would have simply followed me there. He has not killed us yet so I think we should hear what he has to say." He looked to the dragon. He will come out when there is danger, correct? So you've nothing to fear. Worst comes to worst I'll teleport us all out of here. Yeah, I'll bring Shrimp too." He smiled. "We can not leave this room until you put that guardian away though, okay? I'm sorry. I honestly thought perhaps I could teleport us out of here easily. . .but magic blocks mine from happening in this room His is stronger I suppose."

Back