Chains of Retribution Bloodstone Medical Center - Part 1: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
as written by Tiko

"Get in to see Reinhard," he told Renard.

He moved to stand up himself, but the room spun alarmingly, and he found himself sprawled on his back on the floor with his chair tipped over and laying across his legs.

His face had broken into a full on sweat and he raised a hand to cover his eyes as he tried to stem the dizzy nausea.

"Bitch poisoned her blades," he grunted. "Fuck me."

as written by Lialore

“Man talk?” Cass queried, playing on the incredulity. “Shaving tips?”

A whisper of a smile crossed her lips, but she was far too exhausted and worried for it to reach her eyes.

She wasn’t ready to disclose what she’d been up to last night whilst half of the pack had been shredded. So, she just shook her head.

“No. Only slight trouble I got into was here. After this, there’s more pressure…” she trailed off. They already knew.

She wanted to say something about Marc, but her opinion clearly wasn’t going to be in line with most of the people in the room so she paused and pressed her lips together for a moment instead.

“Anyway” Cass continued, trying to sound more enthusiastic than she felt as she eyed Seri. “Feel like telling me what you were up to last night?”

as written by Sokka

"Fucking shit REINHARD GET OUT HERE!!!!" Renard exclaimed kneeling down to look Carlisle over. He wasn't feeling his best but then again he hadn't taken as much of her blades as Carlisle had so he was still able to move for now

as written by Sentry

Hubert furrowed his brow, then turned to eye Seri. What did she mean, where had he been?

as written by Script

"Watching," Seri muttered. He had ignored the text telling him to stay indoors, having already been out on the prowl when he received it. Instead he relied on the fact that he wasn't a werewolf and a vantage point on the rooftops to remain unnoticed. It had always worked in the past, after all.

"Hiding. It's not like anyone would have noticed me. I didn't do anything stupi-"

It was at that moment that he was cut off by the yell across the room, and his attention was drawn to the collapsed Carlisle. His eyes widened slightly in confusion, gaze darting about in search for any unseen threats. It quickly became apparent that whatever was happening was the result of past events, however. There was no new danger.

He relaxed his muscles from where they'd been ready to spring, watching with a grimace. He didn't know the man, but every death would likely make the atmosphere here even worse. It was a selfish reason to hope the man survived, but it was honest.

as written by Tiko

Over top of the explosion of activity surrounding Carlisle, Bastien it would seem had chosen a stellar time to get back. The door opened, shoving up against Brendan's sleeping form as Bastien and Eliza entered.

The young red-furred pup in Raquette's arms took one look at Bastien before her flailing began anew. Squirming and writhing she twisted free of Raquette's arm and hit the floor at a run.

Bastien stooped to pick her up as she barreled into him, and she wriggled and squirmed happily in his arms.

"Hey kiddo," he said as he ruffed the fur on the top of her head. "Staying out of trouble?" he asked before glancing to Eliza to offer an explanation. "My daughter, Sophia."

It was only then he took notice of what was going on by Carlisle.

"...shit," he bit out. "What's going on? And where's Ragenard?"

as written by Knosis and Tiko

Somewhere else in the building.

Chloe wandered the hallways, peeking into open rooms, checking around corners, listening and tracking to see if she could find someone, anyone else. Wanting to avoid the main room where she knew everyone would be(including Julienne), she had kept to the hallways in hopes she would happen into someone. So far, the most she had run into were dead ends and a wolf spider as big as her thumb.

She was beginning to think she was just wasting her time by this point and began to meander towards the main room, still in hopes she would catch someone before she entered.

As Chloe rounded a corner she ran smack into Jesse on his way out of Vanessa's room. The brief glimpse through the open door revealed the woman was awake and conscious, with her upper torso heavily bound in pristine bandages.

"Ah uh..." Jesse began as he fell short on a name. "Sorry, I don't think I have your name. Still figuring out all these new faces. Are you looking for someone or something?" he asked as he closed the door to give Vanessa some privacy.

Relief showed on Chloe's face. Though it could have been confused for seeing Vanessa awake and alive, it was just because she actually found someone that may not want to rip her head off.

"Oh, hi.. I'm Chloe, Desmond's... Friend." She said with some hesitation. She hadn't met this one before. Then again, it seemed half the pack didn't know each other, as she found last night. "I was looking to see how Baron's doing?"

Genuine worry filled her eyes. Baron hadn't been best friends with Chloe, but he and Desmond both had given her a chance. "Do you happen to know anything?"

"Ah..." Jesse said as he rubbed awkwardly at the back of his neck. "I'm not sure how much of that I can talk to you about. Need to know basis you know? The pack is a bit jumpy, what with someone trying to kill him. He's alive though, and he's a tough bastard."

She wanted to press the man, but decided against it, worry still on her brow. To know he made it through the night would suffice for now.

"Right, I understand." She said. "Well, I'll let Desmond know that he's at least alive. If you do happen to see Baron.. Mind passing a message for me?"

She didn't wait for Jesse to answer. "Tell the bastard he best get better, 'cause I still have something to prove to him." She looked away. "And his pack needs him to be there. Right," She coughed and rubbed the back of her neck. "I'll let you get back to work. I'll go find Desmond again."

"Sure," Jesse said. "Oh hey, one thing. If you see Raquette and Sophia, could you let them know that Vanessa is awake? They'll probably want to see her."

Chloe looked sheepish. She had no clue who either one of those names belonged to. "I'll try to pass the message along." She said, waving slightly. She turned around and went back the way she came, a bit quicker than she had originally wandered through the first time, heading back to where she had last seen Desmond.

as written by Tiko and Knosis

Meanwhle Desmond was making a second phone call. This one to the police. The phone rang only twice before someone picked up on the other end.

'Lupaix precinct, what is your emergency?"

"Oh 'ey," Desmond said. "I'd like to report a car theft last night."

It would seem that even with everything that had transpired, Desmond had the forethought to start weaving cover stories.

As Chloe re-entered, Desmond was just finishing up on the phone with the police. As he hung the phone up he flipped it closed and tossed it to Chloe.

"Come on, we 'ave a daytrip to make," he told her. "Any word on Baron?" he asked. "Oh, and I'm expecting a call later."

"Seems they're keeping word on him on the down-low, but I did find he made it through the night.." Chloe said quietly, going through the history and deleting it for Desmond. "Seems Vanessa is fine too, but I'm suppose to pass the word on to.. Sophia and Raquette..? That guy said that they probably want to see her..." She frowned, realizing she had never caught his name.

"Where are we going?"

"Back to me place," Desmond explained. "I'm expectin' company. I reported Baron's car stolen, an' I imagine the police 'ill come lookin' to ask questions given where it turned up. After that we'll need to pick up me pack mates when they get into town. If we're lucky, we'll have a few 'ours before Ragenard notices we're gone. Sophia an' Raquette 'ill need to wait, we're 'eadin' out the back."

Chloe bit her lip and nodded. "Very well.." She murmured. She pocketed her cellphone. "Lead the way."

And with that, the pair made their way from the med center. They took the back way out - which was technically the front entrance that was rarely used - to avoid questions.

Last edited:
as written by CelticCat

Raquette spun around as soon as Sophia had leaped from her arms, before recognizing Bastien as the one who had opened the door. Raquette held her hand up briefly towards Bastien in greeting, her shoulders relaxing the slightest bit. Then, assured that Sophia was in safe hands for the moment, the teen returned her attention to the apparent poisoning victims. Since the older packmate seemed to be attending to Carlisle, she righted the chair near Carlisle and moved towards the kneeling Renard.

"Come sit down, Renard." The electronic voice held no emotion, but Raquette kept a serious expression. She quickly typed an addition as she crouched next to him, "It won't help if you fall over, too." Then, she held out both her arms towards Renard in case he showed any signs of unsteadiness.

as written by Dashmiel

In the murky half-light of morning filtering through in small beams through the boarded up windows, Ragenard's prone form could be seen sleeping awkwardly upon the room's small cot. His legs hung fully off the bed from the knees down and if one were to listen carefully in the morning stillness, the faint sound of the bed supports groaning in whispered protest would have been subtly audible underneath the cadence of the man's deep breaths.

He was still dressed in nothing but a slightly faded pair of dark camouflage cargo-shorts and upon his bare chest laid Baron's cellphone, where it had lain since Ragenard finally succumbed to slumber after a long while of pondering the object and making plans.

Suddenly the silence was shattered by a shrill ringing tone, a powerful and relentless cacophony that seemed almost alive as it continued to steadily grow stronger. Ragenard awoke with a start, hackles on the rise and eyes beginning to flash from hazel to amber. The noise was joined by a powerful feeling of vibrating pressure in Ragenard's chest, a pressure that felt as if the weight of the world were running loose through his innards and tearing everything in it's path apart.

With a grimace, Ragenard picked up his brother's ringing phone and answered the call, taking a second to note the "unknown" on the device's tiny screen.

"You're a monster you know. I tried to ignore your nature, but then the bodies started piling up." The voice of James Guiscard, unmistakeable. But also somehow...wrong, Ragenard thought. Distant, cold, faded, and muted. As if the speaker on the other end was whispering from within a deep well.

"W-What? James, what are you going on about, where are you?" Ragenard asked.

"You killed me the same way, you know. The way you killed mother. The way you killed her. The same way you'll kill them. You'll kill them all, whether it's with your hate or with your love. Monster." the voice whispered, it's last word echoing faintly far too long after the voice ceased.

"No. NO, that's not true. That's not how it went down, don't you pin this on me, you bastard!" Ragenard raged.

"All you are is Rage, you know. Insatiable hunger for ruin is your trade. Can't you hear it? The sound of rushing blood and screams? The cries of panic and plea? You can't turn your back on what you are. Monster." whispered the voice, the trailing song of it's condemnation now joined in chorus by the sounds of endless victims caught in the engines of never ending war.

"I didn't ask for this...I didn't. Why? Why?" Ragenard sobbed.

"It's coming, you know. On the wake of the laughing moon, it comes. It shares your rage, but it feasts on your love. It happened once, and now it'll happen again. Can you feel it? Can you feel it down in your balls?" whispered the voice, the voice that no longer sounded like his brother. It's chorus of curses and suffering was supplemented by a rush of heat to Ragenard's nether regions.

"I don't want this. I never wanted this. Not again, I won't be able to control any more!" Ragenard pleaded.

"We don't have a choice, you know. I didn't ask to be any more than you did." whispered Ragenard's dead voice from the phone, and when it's whisper died, silence re-asserted itself and blanketed the room once more.

"On the wake of the laughing moon." Ragenard knew.

as written by Dashmiel

Ragenard startled awake from his nightmare, sweat coating his naked torso. His first action was to look at the dingy nightstand by the bed, where Baron's phone laid exactly where he left it before turning in for his nap. Next to the phone were Baron's cigarettes, and Ragenard quickly availed himself of one of the remaining six.

"Not this full moon...the next one. That gives me what, a month a half?" Ragenard muttered to himself, darkly, before exhaling a cloud of smoke and getting up to piss in the exam room's makeshift toilet. He had only a moment to enjoy the simple peace of starting the day before his plans of a good stretch were interrupted by muffled sounds of commotion.

Brows already tightening, Ragenard quickly finished his business and collected his (and Baron's) belongings before rushing towards the Med Center's main room, where he was greeted by the sight of more shit piling on his plate.

He expertly scanned the room, determining that there weren't any active threats, and then noted all of the people in the room around him, before rushing to tower around the small cluster starting to form around Carlisle's downed form. "Give him some room to breathe people!" he said as he locked eyes with Valentino. "Go get Reinhard to check if he's safe to move. Quickly." Ragenard's gaze darkened slightly as he briefly regarded the man only long enough to deliver his command, before turning his gaze towards the entrance.

"Oh for fucks sake...Bast, are you toting a girlfriend on me too? Who the fuck is that?" Ragenard roared.

as written by Tiko

"Eliza," Bastien answered. "She's one of the new people that came in with the Phantom Quarter lot a few days ago," he explained. "What the hell did I miss while I was out?"

Meanwhile Reinhard was quickly drawn to the room by Renard's shouts. He was quick to take to one knee beside Carlisle to perform a quick examination.

"What happened?" Reinhard asked.

"Fucking Scion whore," Carlisle growled.

"You're going to need to be more specific unless you're trying to tell me you got an std from fucking a Scion whore," Reinhard answered bluntly.

Last edited:
as written by Script

Seri's ears perked up on hearing Bastien and his eyebrows rose. He hesitated. He didn't want to draw any attention to himself, but given that the pack likely already didn't trust him, and chances were it would come to light later anyway... not speaking up could be more damning.

"No she isn't," he interjected, loud enough to be heard across the room. "She wasn't with us. This is the first I've seen of her, and I know the Phantom Quarter. If that's what she told you, then it looks like you've been lied to."

as written by Tiko

The color drained from Bastien's face at Seri's words and his eyes shift from Seri to Eliza, and then to Ragenard.

The moment of 'Oh shit' that spread across his face was short-lived as he moved to act. He twisted his body away from Eliza to shield Sophia while his other hand withdrew his side-arm to level it at the side of Eliza's head, with about a foot's distance between the gun and her.

"Who are you working for?" he growled. "Rowan?"

as written by Sokka

Renard allowed Raquette to help him up and moved to sit as Reinhard entered and kneeled down next to Carlisle.

"He muttered something about poison and blades. I think he's thinking the one that cut us up at our shop might have been using poisoned blades." Renard stated.

He sighed and put his hands to his face, if she had poisoned her blades it would was going to be a challenge for them to come out of this.

"I swear....I've got a bullet and a set of claws ready for everyone of those damned scion mutts." he spat.

as written by LuLu6214

Eliza's eyes widened and she stiffened up now that she had been found out. "Who is Rowan?! I work for no one!" she snapped. "I came into the bar for a drink, any assumptions on my origins was on you. Do you really think after finding out I walked into a packs territory I would announce "LONE WOLF PASSING THROUGH!?? Hell no. I have been on my own since I was a pup and no pack wanted me around until you came up to me. Part of me wanted to bolt but part of me didn't, part of me wanted a home for once which is part of the reason I was living in that GODDAMN HOTEL!"

She stared down the barrel of the gun being pointed in her face, her heart was racing "Gawd, you wont find my scent anywhere in this city except the hotel, here and the den and along the road coming into the city, How can I..." a shock of pain shot through her, she yelled out as she braced herself and pressed her hand against her chest. It felt as if her heart was about to leap from her chest she dropped to her knee, she was shifting out of fear and trying to contain it only made it hurt more. She looked up, her eyes and teeth had begun to change "How can I work for someone I never met?!"

She struggled to stand up straight still in pain "Don't you think if I had caused or helped cause this to happen I would have left after it and that I wouldn't have answered your phone call?" Sweat began to cover her brow "You can even ask the hotel receptionist, I have been in my room since I paid for it! Right after your packs fight night." She was starting to get angry having a gun in her face but letting the wolf come out, even though keeping it in was obviously painful, would likely end bad...she was deep in pack territory and logic was likely the only way she'd get out alive or be accepted as part of the pack.

Last edited:
as written by Knosis

Re'Altarm woke with a start, huddled on the floor where she had collapsed the night before. Her eyes were brightly lit as they had the last time she woke, the nightmares beginning to become much too vivid again. She felt better than she had, but empty stomach reminded her painfully that she had not had a meal since two days prior.

It was then, she finally looked up and assessed the room. Someone was on the floor being treated, there was shouting and a gun being held to a head of another and there was heavy unease and tension in the room. But despite all this, she seemed the calmest of the situation.

She walked over to the man who was on the floor and gave him a look over. "It looks like your friend has been poisoned." She pointed out, not knowing the observation had already been made. "What can I do to help? I know I do not look it, but I do know some about human medical practices.. If that will help at all."

as written by Script

As the scene unfolded, Snow stepped into the room, having been drawn by Renard's shout. His white hair hung messily, still slightly stained from where he hadn't been able to scrub out all of the blood. He'd fared better with his skin - he'd been something of a sight the previous evening, his face and upper body caked with dried blood. By the time he'd finished in the showers, they'd looked like a crime scene.

He wore a shirt that was slightly too big for him, and jeans that were slightly too tight, having discarded his equally bloodstained clothing. Lack of sleep was evident in the dark circles beneath his reddened eyes, and he didn't speak, instead leaning against the door-frame to watch in silence.

as written by CelticCat

Raquette made sure that Renard was properly seated before letting her attention wander from him. The sight of the gun caused her breath to quicken, but seeing that Sophia was being shielded, her fears settled somewhat. Whatever was happening, she trusted that Bastien and Ragenard would have it under control.

"I'm going to take off your bandages to check the wound, Renard," the electronic voice informed him. With careful, steady hands, Raquette did so, hoping to assess if Renard's healing abilities were being hampered and if there were any troubling symptoms.

as written by Sentry

Hubert stood up next to Seri. "Yeah, she ain't someone I recognize either," he mumbled. But what was going on, now? Hubert still didn't have the full scope of what was happening. He knew something about... a traitor? A spy? What?

Meanwhile, upon hearing the racket, Ulrich, one of the few uninjured fighters in the room, stood and hurried over next to Snow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back