Blue Exorcist (Fanfiction Realm)

Alora nodded slightly, "I'm sure," She smiled, "But you need not worry about thing at the moment. Sleep. Tomorrow will be here soon enough. Training will not be easy for you but it never is."

The fox laid down after taking her feral form and laid down on a large pallet clearly designed for this large form she took on. Her large head rested on her crossed front paws as her eyes drifted closed.

Racina nods a bit. She thought of what the fox said. Yes training was never easy. She curls up on her own little bed. She looks to the beautiful fox and thought back to her brother. How could he think such beautiful beings were monsters? With that last thought, she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

Opening her eye for a moment the fox stared at Racina's sleeping from. She knew the strain she would likely feel tomorrow but they would push through it. New bonds could be destroyed if one pushed to quickly it was why she needed the girl to sleep in here rather than on the other side of the house. The bond could form quicker the closer they were.

Her sleep was soundful. Her mind was full of the past. The appearance of her sister's old weapon and of her brother's addition drew her back to that dark night. The event played out as normal but this time she was a calm witness, merely watching the events unfold and absorbing the details with new eyes.

Asleep the fox had no dreams. Her kind rarely did and if they did it was something important that was meant to be looked over carefully and kept close to the heart. Come morning she yawned as the first strand of sun filtered into the room. Her body felt stronger to her. Likely an after effect of the bond.

Racina woke a few moments after Alora did. Something in her had changed through the night. There was almost peace in a way. She couldn't explain it but she was calmer.

Gently she sits up a little and looks to her new mark. Then she looks to Alora and smiles softly.

The fox transforms into her humanoid form and returns Racina's smile, "How you feeling?" She asked as she walked over to her.

She smiles again and nods to Alora. "I feel good actually..." She tilts her head. "I...dreamed of my sister. I haven't dreamed of her in ages, at least not like I did last night..."

The kitsune tilted her head to the side slightly, "It was pleasant then?" She felt the need to understand after all her magic could cause things to become clear within the dream realm as well as in reality. This clearness was sometimes painful to them.

She nods a bit. "Usually when I dream of her it' just of the night I lost her...and I just replay the mistakes I made that caused her to get killed...it was different this time. I wasn't me...i was off to the side watching. She talked to me, told me it wasn' my fault and showed me."

She looks to Alora. "No matter what I would have done that night....it was going to happen. It is strange....ive lived my entire life blaming myself for her death and for my familiar's death...but no matter what it would have happened. " she shakes her head a little. "I can't explain it but it has helped."

The fox hummed softly, "It wasn't a dream then. She visited you at least her soul did," She explained lightly, "I wonder how long she was trying to reach you before last night?"

Souls that often felt like they had unfinished business attached themselves to another person or an object. Once they finished their unfinished business they would move on, "I'm glad that you feel better about it. Sometime our own regret can keep a soul from moving on despite not having any unfinished business to take care of. Keep this in mind from now on. You can grieve the dead but never cling to them."

Racina blinks at her words as she realized she was probably right. She looks towards the door, thinking of her sister's dagger. She nods a little. "She has probably tried to talk to me since the night....and as you said...i held on tightly to her."

She nods and moves to her knees, she found herself bowing to Alora. Not submission but respect. "Thank you for being patient with me and doing what you did last night."

She nodded then tilted her head to the side a bit more, "I suppose you are still young and learning. I will protect you for as long as I can."

Racina looks up at Alora and nods. "I'l do all I can to help you and to learn." She moves to her feet.

Her brother hadnt really slept the entire night. He now sat in the room he was given staring at the doors quietly. He had been thinking over what the fox had said to him.

Alora gave a yawn as she lead the girl from her rooms and to the dinning hall yet again. A few foxes scuttled about setting this and that on the table for breakfast. A small stack of rolled up notes sat just to the left of where their kitsune mistress would sit. She sighed at the sight and sat down to open the first one. They were letters from different elders stating the displeasure about having two humans inside the compound as well now one was bound to the heir to their throne. It rubbed them the wrong way it seemed. Only one stood out as worth reading. It was signed Syn. He informed her of the reasons he would normally be against such things that have occurred but realized there was a time and place for differences to be set aside and he offered his loyalty to her once more.

A smile graced the kitsune's lips, "It seems we have an ally in low places."

She had followed quietly after Alora as they headed to the room. Food did sound good right now. Gently she had taken as seat and tried not to be curious of what Alora was reading.

When the fox spoke up about an allie,it was even more impossible to ignore her curiosity. "Is it good? " she asks curiously.

Her brother had finally left his room and made his way towards the dinning room. He was hungry but as he reached the room, he hesitated. He bows to Alora. "Forgive me but may I join you both?"

The fox glanced at her, "Aye," She says softly, "Having someone on our side will be good for us. Despite being the head of this clan I can't make decisions without the opinions of others being considered. After all doing so may very well lead to the end of us," Her attention was stolen by the boy who finally made an appearance, "I have no opinion about you joining us."

It was a back handed way of saying ask you sister you coward. After all there were problems between the two that needed to be fixed and the fox knew she couldn't push it least the still thin bond crack or weaken.

He had tensed a bit but nodded just the same and turned his eyes to his sister. "May I join you Racina?"

She was upset with him still in a way but he was her brother. She could not be angry with him for doing something she herself probably would have if their roles had been reversed. Maybe.

He stood anxiously waiting her response, she could see it in his eyes. He was sorry. Hadn't he always just wanted her to talk to him? How often had she blown him off?

She nods a bit to him. "Come eat. You need your strength."

He tried not to let the large smile that threatened to take over, instead he bowed deeply. Then he made his way to a chair and sat down.

A murf of a noise escaped the fox as she buried her attention in her letters. Her long white tails flicked lazily behind her in clear amusement. Kitsune where known for being meddling and playful creatures. They were after all the great tricksters of the ayakashi world. Nothing got past them and even less was ever pulled on them as they wouldn't open themselves to such things normally.

An ear swiveled slightly towards the door clearly listening. A smirk of complete amusement slipped across the demon's lips as she lowered her paper just a little to let her amber gaze move towards the door as well. Two tiny children around the age of four or five scuttled quickly out of the path of her sight. Her smirk grew as she decided to play their little game and turned her gaze back to the paper.

The bolder of the two had long black hair with large black ears poking up through the long length that was gathered up into a low pony tail. Large blue eyes stared around the edge of a potted fern at its target before it dropped to all fours and slowly crept forward. It's white shadow tip toeing after them. They were dressed in very colorful kimono stating they had a high status among the clan. Alora merely smirked and gave the two humans a look that stated to ignore the creeping pair for now.

Mitzo blinked a bit as he heard the sounds of the little pair. He arched a brow but then turned his gaze away upon the silent instruction from Alora. They were so little. He hardly ever saw children demons. Kitsunes.

Racina had glanced to the pair as well. It was more curiosity that had her looking. She recognized the pair from when she first arrived. At least she believed them to be the same pair that greeted her in her room.

She though as well turned her gaze away and focused on eating her breakfast. She was hungry after and keeping her strength up was important. Not just for herself anymore but for Alora as well. She had to be smart and aware.

Back