Blue Halo AcademyAcademy

"Seriously? So, wait...were you raised by humans then?" He narrows his eyes feeling a bit of hatred bubble within him. If something as lowly as a human crossbreed has somehow made it into the academy... The tip of Rubik's finger begin shifting to black fur slowly.

"Yes...I was raised by a human...I dont know if He was really my father, but yes i was raised by him..." Varas hand drummed on his leg with green-black energy very lightly crackling across it.

"How...unfortunate... Having to grow up in a society full of weaklings like that..." he pauses giving a fake smile. "At least your with us now...heh, just don't dissapoint me. Other than that, we ought to get along just fine." Rubik's fingers begin returning to their normal color.

"I...I suppose it was unfortunate, and ill try to live up to your standards." Said varas as he stopped drumming his fingers "So whats your story?...That is if you dont mind talking to someone raised by weakling.." this was followed by an small grin.

"Its...its a little more personal than blowing a hole in the side of a wall. As much of an ass I am, i'd actually like not to talk about it..." Rubik looks Varas in the eyes with his piercing green colors. "Look, i'm sorry for being an ass...its just. M-My father, Anubis, all his life has been ensuring and planning death and death for the mortals. I rarely get to see him because of how busy he is. Stupid humans always dying..."

Varas was taken aback by the sudden show of pain from rubik. "Dont worry about it....I..I can't say I understand but, for what its worth, Im sorry. I never knew that death was so much work." Varas said sympathetically holding Rubik's gaze "And yeah, dont worry about it, Im probably more of an ass then you are. After all it's my fault your notes are ruined..."

"Just a wall? I thought it would be something worse." Arete pulled Max down into the seat beside her, already reaching into her bag. "Mum got pictures of the whole affair. I might or might not have let an elephant loose into a building. Seven, actually. I forgot how many went off the side of the roof, but it's also probably on the news, so yeah. Four? My guess is four. A lot happens in fours around me. Like, right now; four people in the cart." She finally unearthed the images. "Here! If you want, you can have it. I have a few more copies at home."

Realizing that might've opened up a bit too much about his father, Rubik quickly avoids his eyes. "Tch, It's fine. I can always make another list. Your fine." Gods, what's wrong with me? Opening up like that suddenly...and to a crossbreed?! I'm such a f*ckup...

"well thats good....By the way i never caught your name, I'm Varas" He said extending his hand.

"Names Rubik...no last name given" he stares at Varas' hand. "Erm...in my realm, names are equivalent to that of what I believe your trying to do. It's a handshake, right?" he awkwardly reaches out and grabs his hand. "Like this?"

"Exactly right." Says varas with a smile "And the pleasure is mine Rubik."

Max let himself sit down next to her. The wall was just the start of many disasters, but Arete didn't need to know that. When he saw the images and Arete told the tale, he was struggling to stifle a chuckle. Some people's stories were so unbelievable for a human but only a little extreme for a god. "These are... very nice images," Max said carefully and courteously. "To be honest, I'm quite jealous of your tale. Seems like it was exciting (though not the most fun to be in)."

Hmmm, maybe he isn't bad afterall...I can't let my guard down yet though...he's still a halfbreed... "Hmph...nice to meet you then I guess. Let's just get one thing straight though, should you ever decide to do tryouts for PvP at the academy, you'll have to get through me first...and don't expect this acquaintance to hold anything back."

"I should be disappointed if you did." Said Varas grinning. This guy isn't half bad, i just need to make sure i stay off his temper...or at least not get caught in it. "Anyways, what does the PvP actually entail?" asked Varas.

"Oh, thanks. It was pretty fun, actually. Maybe I can bring you along the next time I want to summon a few animals. You allergic to anything? I'll try not to summon something if you are." Arete grinned. "Also," she continued quietly enough that Max would barely be able to understand her, turning to the duo further away on the train, "hear that? Haven't heard too much from any other students lately. You know anything about this PvP? I don't remember reading on it." Though it might just have been not bothering to read any of the school's messages that made that happen.

Max, though he wish he knew, could only shrug as he said quietly, "I've never head of it. Bet you eleven to one that it's got something to do with fighting." Max, remembering her earlier question shuddered. "Well, I'm allergic to pecans... and I don't really like bugs or spiders." He couldn't believe it. Arete was smart. He was hitting on her, and Arete turned it into a well-formed conversation between two noobs. "Well played, Arete," he whispered, betting that no one could hear him.

"Well, it's just what I call it for short, but it's actual name is called Game of Wars. Two squads from each school battle it out against one another using their powers to claim victory. Its a pretty big shot. Many popular gods and deities will be there to watch the fight which is why i'm heading to tryouts first thing when the day arrives" he explained. "I want them to know my name...not just because i'm the son of Anubis, but for who I really am." Rubik looks over at the other two passengers noticing that they've quieted their conversation down quite a bit for whatever reason.

"Sounds like you have a good deal riding on this...I may not be a true blood, but i can be pretty handy in a fight should you ever need anything...less the savory done. Anyways I have no plans on going toe to toe with you, I dont have a death wish after all, I could only beat you with a stick while you slept." Says Varas flashing an Impish grin and laughing a little "But in all seriousness, I'm sure your name will fill the stadium in no time at all."

"Did you say something?" Arete asked, barely hearing some whisper from Max that she couldn't make out. "Anyway, pecans, bugs, and spiders. I'll cross those off the summons list. Thanks for the information, Max."

And then, a few words from the other passengers and she knew she was lucky to join this school. A Game of Wars? Count her the fuck in. Voice still low, she continued.

"Yeah, the PvP I mentioned? You'd win that bet."

Back