Blue Halo AcademyAcademy

(Sorry. My previous posts involved asking about a PvP and you mentioned an eleven to one bet. Should I have made it clearer? I could change it.)

(No need.)
"Why, thank you, but it was pretty obvious." He leaned in closer, as if he could share an actual opinion of his now because he was mostly through with the haughty flirting. "Also, is it just me, or do these people look like schoolkids? My parents told me it was similar to a prep school, and now I'm doubting that they didn't just say that to fool me." Max seemed to frown at the thought of being tricked so simply.

"A little," Arete agreed. "Not that I've seen prep school children very often. It's been a while since I've seen anyone but Mother lately." Maybe this school could change that.

"You want to go introduce yourself? Undecided connections are dangerous, after all. Better to know for a fact whether they'll hate you or not." If he didn't want to, maybe she could just stay. Polite company was something Mother emphasized having. Leaving it for new opportunities seemed... disrespectful, maybe. "Your choice. I give precisely zero shits."

Max wasn't able to stifle his laugh as he doubled over. "Well, that's a straightforward way to put it," he said between chuckles. "But hey, I guess if one handsome guy isn't enough, why not get two more?" He giggled in a controllable manner before walking to Rubik and Varas, though he tried to ignore Varas due to getting a vibe of hatred from him.

"Oh goody gumdrops; look Varas, its 'hit on every girl in the academy man'" he titled. "What do you need?" Rubik studied Max for a moment wondering how someone as predictable as him could've blown a hole in the wall. I don't know why but this guy is already pissing me off before he has even talked yet.

(Sorry for the weird postXD I was a little unsure as to what to say)

Varas Grinned looking at Rubik before turning to max "Yes it is! And why, my I ask would a True Gentlemen like yourself, Max was it?, Grace us with your presence." putting a great deal of cynical sarcasm into ever syllable as he stood and gave a mocking bow.

(I sorry if the post is a little clumsy, its late here and i just wanted to get a reply in tonight X3)

Max blinked twice at both of their comments. He didn't intentionally mean to voice his thoughts, but their tidbits annoyed him. "Oh, so we're playing dirty, eh? Well, I can get in the mud too, if you want." A whole new person know that he was ignoring Arete, he was pissed. "So, are you going to clean yourselves off or what? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure that if you're here, you're not going to be acting like two-year-olds." I swear to the gods, if they try some snark with me, I'll burn them into f***ing cinders! "And Blonde? I can confirm that you are graced, but I can't say the same for myself."

Rubik snickers turning away before going into a full blown laugh. "You know, its a tad ironic to call us two-year olds when in my realm, they're the ones who are already capable of blowing holes in the wall, hypocrite. Also, if your going to be butt-hurt from the tiniest joke..." he trails off just doing a slight shake of his head with a smile. "Nevermind....i'm not going add fuel to the flames that once destroyed a wall" Rubik re-inforces for what must be the millionth time. "So, I ask again, what do you want?"

Max put his hands on his hips and rolled his eyes and answered the question. "Some friendly conversation. Why are you two so hostile? Did my parents put yours outta business or somethin'?" He didn't try to reference his parents' money, though it might've seemed that way.

"Um, I don't think so? Last I checked, Anubis wasn't paid to count souls and ensure daily death of select living things." Hmph, money...only humans would bicker over such useless paper and minerals. "But a friendly conversation eh? Huh...I guess I can tolerate that for a bit. What would you like to talk about then?" He momentarily looks past Max and at Arete before returning his gaze to the boy in front of him.

"Your parents dont have shit on me rich boy and they wont save you here." Said Varas with venom "Anyways, fine we can talk. What would you like to know?" I suppose i can tolerate this pompous ass for a little while....just breath. "I guess i should introduce myself, I'm Varas."

"Dammit, you put out the verbal gas fire." Arete huffed, standing from her seat. "And I was having fun just watching."

What was with the wall?! It was just a wall. Not like he blew up the Great Wall of China or anything. Shit, she should do that. It would be a great summer project.

"Can I join the conversation?" the girl asked, approaching the group. "Name's Arete, though if you were listening hard enough to us that you'd hear the bit about the wall, you probably knew that. Or were we just that loud?"

"A little of both, sweetheart..." he sighs whilst avoiding her gaze. Rubik looks over to Varas hoping he'd say something. For whatever reason, girls had always made Rubik feel a bit more self-conscious and nervous around them. He never did have any siblings that he knew of being female; And all his servants were male. It couldn't be that he was in love, Rubik had never been in an relationship, but he wanted to very badly.

"The privilege is mine Arete." Said Varas grinning as he stood half bowed and put out his hand for her to take. If anything i can at least take the heat off of Rubik...He seams a little frazzled..."Hearing a conversation is quite easy when one of the participants is a , Excuse my language, bloody damn oaf." After a small pause Varas added "Ahh, where are my manners? I'm Varas."

"Well, Varas, sorry for being so oafish." Arete smirked, calmly turning the insult onto herself. "Hello to you too, other person I don't know the name of yet. And, for the both of you, what's with the insults, anyway? Max seems nice if you get past the initial attempts to flirt. Which, by the way-" she turned to Max. "-aren't that good. No offense."

Max smirked. He already knew that, but whatever. "Why, thank you, Arete," he said, noticing her attempt to cool down the situation before turning back to the two. "Well, I apologize for being an ass in your eyes, but, to be honest, I haven't done a thing to you two since I walked over." Max turned his smirk into a completely neutral face. "I mean, dissing a person who had just walked up to start some positive topics? Tsk, tsk, tsk." Max shook his head.

Rubik shrugs. "Well, not everyone I stumble upon needs to be my friend...in this case, since there's only four of us and I need connections to make things less difficult at school, i'll make an acception" he pauses. "I'm Rubik son of Anubis...and short boy" he snaps his fingers trying to recall his name. "Max, was it? Do you plan on participating in Game of Wars?"

Max's eyes bulged at hearing Rubik's name. "Aw, dude, you have no idea how lucky you are. You guys get names like Rubik, Arete, and Varas... while I'm plain ol' Mackenzie." Max was put back in a neutral mood with Rubik's second question. "Well, hell yeah! It'll allow me to test my skills so that next time, if I blow up a wall, it'll be on purpose."

"It's a unique sort of name for our kind in general," Arete offered. "I mean, basically everyone's got "cool" names. You're the exception to the rule, so that's equally cool." Hopefully that would turn out true. Her luck hadn't failed her before, but this was a matter of statistics.

Mackenzie Irvaron. Gods, that sounded cool. She wanted a last name now. Was it legal to make one's own? Daosidarcchides sounded nice. Arete Daosidarcchides. Yeah, that was her name now. Great.

"I'll join the game too," she added. "It seems like an interesting part of going to school. Do schools usually have tournaments like this?"

"Well, not normal mortal schools, no. But yes, every academy engages in the sport. All together, there ought to be twelve other descendant academies; So thirteen in total" he pauses. "How is it i'm the only one who knows about all this? I'm not that big of a nerd!" Rubik groaned in frustration, the statement being only half-true.

Back