Blue Halo AcademyAcademy

Stepping off the train and into the classroom Varas looked about in a slight daze. "Are we in the right place Rubik?" Asked Varas slightly unsure as to how a train went directly into a classroom. It seams like Rubik knows the most about how the hell this school works..It might pay off to stay close to him "So what now?" He Asked to nobody in particular as looked around the room.

Sybella was never very good at being on time. It was one of the reasons why she set all her clocks to be a few minutes late. It was a little mental trick she'd come up with herself. Unfortunately, it hadn't quite helped her this time. She had actually made it to cart 13, and saw the beckoning doors in front of her like they were opened just for her; then, she immediately saw them close and watched the train start to depart. She panicked, eyes opening wide. She knew she shouldn't have even come here in the first place, but what was she to do..? Her mother urged her to go, as she was, in fact, becoming very bored and lonely at home. 'It's a great opportunity to meet other like-minded people' she had insisted, practically pushing Sybella out the door.

She had been very anxious about directions, what to wear, what to bring, how the others would react to her... She would avoid talking about her heritage for as long as she could, but she had this nagging feeling it would eventually come up in conversation. She had this thought hanging around her mind for the next few hours of travel, which made her more than a little despondent. She'd actually almost missed her stop at the station itself, which would have put her into an even worse mood. Thankfully, someone reminded her and she hopped off as one of the last people.

However, she was finally here. That was all that mattered. The train, however, had decided it wasn't going to be anymore. Starting to come to terms with the matter at hand, Sybella ran toward it and jumped onto the top of it with a less-than-graceful landing. It began moving pretty fast, so she couldn't move to try to get into it. She just clung desperately to the top of the cart, trying to avoid bugs by burying her face into her arms. When they suddenly stopped, the force of the stop nearly sent her flying off. But, she recovered and rolled off of the roof, huffing and trying to stop the shaking of her body caused by her fear. That was terrifying... She almost missed it. But here she was, in front of a beautiful classroom that reminded her of home very slightly. She stood up, shakily, and just now noticed the other people around her. Oh. She gave a little wave, but then shifted uncomfortably when she realized just how out of place she probably appeared.

Rubik rolled his eyes as he saw yet another arrive in the cart. Just move on...just move on... Everything is ok. There's no need to get mad... Taking a seat in the back of the room, Rubik kicked up his feet onto the desk in front of him and leaned back. It was strange how differently had unfolded in the day so far. He figured that by the time they got to the school, he'd already have made everyone his enemy and been on top, but no. Nothing was going as planned.
Eventually, as all the students filled in, the cart door closed and not long after, it opened once more. A lady wearing a beautifully blended orange pink toga, leather slippers with buckles over them, and a golden crown placed atop her blond hair enters the room with a warm smile. "Why hello there, children" she chuckles.
You've got to be kidding me?! Why the hell is she our teacher? Out of all the great gods, why her? Rubik face-palmed before giving a small sniff.
"My name is Afrodite, Godess of love and fertility and I shall be your teacher for these next few weeks. I'm delighted to meet you all."

Liam stared at Aphrodite blankly for a moment, then sat in one of the back corners- his favorite spot. He sighed and looked out the window, a bored expression on his face, thinking about what the heck the goddess of beauty could possibly teach them. Aphrodite did have a reputation for being... well, gullible. Everyone knows how she was caught with Ares multiple times. She also wasn't the nicest, as she was currently cheating on her husband. Liam was soon lost in thought.

Varas Walked over and sprawled into the chair next to Rubik, admiring the desk. Glancing up as the teacher walked in, Varas thought to himself Of course Afrodite is our teacher, why wouldnt she be?....damn this school is weird. Varas pulled himself upright in his seat, leaned over to rubik, and nudged him in the side "What the fuck would Afrodite possible teach us? How to get laid?" Whispered Varas chuckling at his own joke and thinking himself decently clever.

Shit. Arete cringed, hoping Aphrodite didn't remember the disaster that happened a few years back. She'd managed to get her revealed to another mortal again in pursuit of a lost... was it her mother's ring? Tyche hadn't looked her in the eye for a while now. Probably Arete's fault.

The blonde took a seat, trying to ignore the love-based magic radiating off their teacher. She ignored Varas's comment, thinking of the legends and the stories she hadn't been around for. This was Revenge 101, wasn't it? Or, alternatively, Manipulation for Dummies. She doubted it'd be Sex Ed this early on.

Sam had picked a seat relatively far away from everyone else,still hated crowds, even in these conditions.
When Aphrodite stepped out as their teacher, Sam was flabbergasted, of all the gods to pick, they picked her. He admitted to himself though, that she was one of the oldest Olympians, and probably had some knowledge over many things. He just hoped that she wouldn't rat him out, he didn't want people to know his true lineage just yet.

"No..." Rubik began, putting his feet down. "It's probably because she's great at negotiating, loving, and calming others. The school predicted that there would be conflict in this class, therefore, they picked her to be our teacher. She's going to try and make us all friends in other words..." But how would they know it would be this bad? There's no way they could've guessed us all that well... The cart! That's the only place where everyone has talked and met with one another so far. They were watching us.... If that is the case, this is probably my fault. They saw my distaste in others and immediately saw it a problem, shit. We probably would have a better teacher if it weren't for me then...

Liam looked over at Rubik, and couldn't help but feel bad for him. He looked absolutely miserable. Liam decided that if he was going to be with these guys for the rest of the school year, he might as well be at least a little social. He grabbed his stuff and moved to a desk closer to Rubik, hoping he wasn't coming off as creepy or anything. Liam looked over at Rubik, smiled, and waved friendly-like. 'This social stuff is hard...' he thought.

Rubik flinched as he snapped out of his trance-like thinking, by Liam's waving. "Tch, what are you doing?" he muttered under his breath before sighing. He slumped forward onto his desk, staring at him with deep green eyes. Despite the rude way Rubik had just asked Liam, he didn't mean anything by it really. He was simply irritated from all the fuss that had gone by in the cart with new descendants showing up like flies. Not to mention, the naga looking one.

Sybella didn't recognize the god; she knew of 'Aphrodite', but because of her upbringing, she wasn't well versed on gods. She decided that it might be in her best interest to sit down for the time being, so she did just that in a relatively random seat in the class. She hadn't put much thought into where she sat, as she was distracted by the god at the moment. It was somewhere near the side of the room. She picked up on some chattering rather easily, intent on listening to see what she could find out about their situation. But really, the only things she heard were weird jokes or bitter comments. All of which she didn't understand.

Sighing very quietly, she started to come to terms with the fact that these would be her classmates for the year. That concept was still foreign to her, classmates. She'd generally been homeschooled after all. Glancing around, she tried to conspicuously familiarize herself with the faces around her. She had a feeling she'd get to know them fairly well, but it didn't hurt to be prepared ahead of time. She noticed Rubik's harsh demeanor immediately, hearing his comment, and tried to avoid looking at him in specific for too long. After all, he might somehow take offense to it... She didn't know these people that well, so it was better to be safe than sorry...

"Alright everyone, so once more, I am Aphrodite, your teacher for the first quarter of school. With me, you will be learning a greater understanding of your abilities alongside how they interact with both mortals and immortals such as yourselves." She pauses looking upon her new class with a warm smile. "Now, i'm familiar with just about everyones powers here, but you all aren't necessarily aware of one anothers. So, why not each of you come up one by one, state your name, and give a small demonstration of your power."
I hate this...she's already blowing over my disguise too, I think. It's either that or she just got finished teaching a school of infants... Rubik glances at the girl not too far from him who wore a green scarf and had ash colored hair. Sh-She... He then shakes his head, turning to hide his bit of blush. Stay on target Rube...stay...on...target.

Introductions? Okay. This was vaguely okay. Better than interaction. All the better to keep the love goddess content. Arete stood, deciding she'd begin the mess of introductions sure to happen.

"My name is Arete, no last name- actually, no, wait. Arete Daosidarcchides, a dubious pleasure to meet all of you. And, powers, powers..." What should she show? Not like she could summon a few elephants or whatever. Agility, then, and dexterity. The only other options.

"Throw a desk at me, please? Or something hard to dodge. Preferably multiple."

If not, she'd probably have to resort to card tricks and betting. Joy.

"Hmmm, perhaps these will do?" Aphrodite lifts a hand with a bit of flamboyancy in her motion and multiple small orbs of light collect and appear around the class. "They won't do you any harm, but they can hurt your eyes if you look at them too closely..." she giggles before pointing at Arete. The orbs begin todance and ascend a little higher before darting all at once towards the girl.
(Sorry fore lateness)

The first ball hit fairly hard, causing a faint flicker of heat that Arete hopes to the gods no-one noticed. She winced. Something bigger and easier to look at would have been preferable. Of course, this being a school, they'd have to test her a lot.

The next one she dodges adequately, and then the balls get faster, spinning and aiming with improbable accuracy. She dodges about every one remaining, a little clumsy due to lack of sight and occasionally getting grazed but otherwise marginally okay.

Finally, sensing them all group, Arete grabbed the chair of her empty desk, slamming it straight into the collective. The balls burst into tiny glittery bits upon impact, and she sighed, setting the chair back down and slumping down in it.

"Good enough?"

Liam stares at Aphrodite, wondering whether or not he should stand up. It'd be embarrassing if someone else stood up at the same time, but... He stands up nervously and clears his throat. "Uh, Hi! I'm Liam Strolm! I can teleport." he walks to a wall and seemingly phases through it. Liam appears on the other side of the room. "I can teleport multiple things, as long as I touch them." to show everyone, he tapped the top of three empty desks and, with a wave of his hand, they all appeared in one of the corners of the room, stacked on top of each other. Liam sat back down after moving the desks back to their original place. "There ya' go." he says, happy the uncomfortable interaction was over.

"Quite impressive indeed" she cheered. "I expect nothing less as intriguing as the Daughter of Tyche and Son of Eerebus. Aphrodite strides over to Arete and puts hand gently on her head, stroking her. "It's good to see you again, my niece..." She then turns. "Would anyone else like to go next? Do keep in mind, I know all of your names already, so i'll begin picking eventually. Why not go ahead and get it over with?"
Rubik frowned, nudging Varas with his shoe out of sheer boredom. "Go next why don't ya. I thought you were the optimistic one...."

Sam decided to make himself known and stood up, shyly making his way up to the front of the class, "My names Samuel Davos, I'm a son of Zeus," he wanted to make that clear in case Aphrodite tried to out him "and I can control lightning and wind," he makes lightning crackle across his outstretched arm and wind to blow across the classroom to demonstrate, " I can also shapeshift." He demonstrates by turning into a chimera briefly, before returning back and making his way back to his seat, hoping he made a good impression.

Sybella had glanced briefly over the tempermental boy, trying her best to make it quick, but alas, they made eye contact; he made a weird face and looked away, leaving her a little confused. She snapped her gaze away from him, feeling shame and guilt at having failed her mission. She then returned her attention to the class, watching others go up and demonstrate their powers. She wondered what she'd do. Maybe something with her scarf? No, that probably wouldn't be too flashy... How would she even compete with some of these other students? Teleporting, shapeshifting into a freaking Chimera?! She sighed quietly to herself, watching others go up and show off something intriguing and new. Something she couldn't hope to compare to.

Seeing no one else get up, she tentatively stood and threw her gaze all around. "I go by Sybella Trelk," the girl explained after looking, managing a half smile with genuine feeling behind it. She looked down at her palm and concentrated, managing to shrink her hand to the size of a mouse after a few seconds. She moved it naturally, though now it looked uncharacteristically small. She didn't particularly show it off to anyone, but it was there for others to see. "I can manipulate my body size..." She vindicated, returning the hand to normal with a shake of her wrist. Then, she snapped her fingers and a little, flickering flame danced on her fingertip. "And I can create flames," she finished, mostly satisfied with her abilities. That was the most she'd done in quite a while, so it was almost like a personal milestone for her. She returned to her seat, taking a quick glance at everyone's faces again with slight anxiety.

"I was rather Enjoying watching them squirm but.." Varas Shrugged. Stretching out his fingers and letting green energy begin to crackle over them, Varas snapped letting off a burst which formed itself into a perfect copy of himself. The Illusion Stood and strode forward saying "I'm Varas, Son of Laverna." A sly smile creeping over it's lips "And I can create illusions and distractions quite easily" As it said this a Flurry of Butterflies and glittering magic appeared out of it's hand towards the class." It stood for a moment, took a bow, then vanished in a swirl of green smoke. While everyone was distracted with his Illusion, Varas himself had slipped around, picked off Aphrodite's crown and gotten back to his seat by the time his Figment vanished. Now sitting up in his seat, Varas tossed the crown to Aphrodite, smirking as he called out "Ms. Aphrodite, you seam to have misplaced this!"

(Sorry for being late, I've had guests over and got distracted :p)

Back