Bound By Blood

The kid sank back in his seat staring down at his hands, somehow looking smaller sitting back there like that. Just a young pup, wulfric hoped he wasn't involved but he had a bad feeling.

"Well its paid off" he said simply, he didn't want to talk too much with a suspect in the back seat. There would be time for that later.

"We don't need to cuff you right kid?" Hoss asked when they pulled back up to the station.

He shook his head "no..I won't try nothin.." he muttered

This time around Charlie didn't mind the silence that filled the car. Truly being on the job with a witness in the backseat did that to her.

When they slid into the parking lot outside the station, she tucked the file under her arm and climbed out, opening the door for their passenger.
"Come on," she coaxed him, "The sooner we get inside, the sooner you can leave again."

Assuming he checked out clean, that was. But she didn't need to mention that. He looked scared enough as it was. Scared enough to make a break for it? He had already been run down by her partner once and she was reasonably sure even she could catch him if he tried to bolt with her standing right next to him.

Wulfric took the kids arem to lead him in. He didn't put up a fight. Smart enough to do as he was told now anyway.

An interrogation room was available so they were able to take him in there right off the bat. Wulfric sat him down

"Do...Do I need a lawyer or ..something?" He asked.

"Did you do anything wrong?" Wulfric countered

"No...I..don't think so.." he shifted

"Good, then this should be quick and easy" he smiled "I'm detective Hoss, this is my partner detective Hyle" he introduced

Hoss looked to Charlie and gave her a nod, letting her take the lead

Last edited:
Charlie smiled in recognition of his passing of the proverbial baton and sat down across from the boy, making them close to the same height, not that they hadn't been near the same size when standing.

She indicated the recording device in the center of the table and explained as she flicked the switch to turn it on, "We'll be recording this, so we can just talk normaly and not have someone writing things down like a waitress, okay."
She interpreted his jerky movement as a nod and continued.
"Why don't we start with your name and your pack, seeing as you know ours."

The kid frowned and folded his arms, slumping back in his seat. "Why don't we start with why you attested me. I have a right to know" he huffed. First rule about being arrested. Don't answer any probing questions.

Hoss for now let Hyle do the talking, he was curiouse to see how his new partner would handle this. He got the feeling she wasn't used to taking lead on anything

Charlies eyes narrowed a fraction. Since when were kids this impertinent? But she decided to let it slide for now. No use going all bad cop on the boy. Hoss was doing enough of that already and much better than she probably ever could.

"Yes you do, just as we have a right to know your name. As to why; surely you knew that that building was off limits. It was taped off and marked quite clearly as an active crime scene. If you didn't see that, your eyesight needs some serious testing. Did you think it would be fun to poke around in there? A cool story to tell your friends later? Perhaps a dare? Whatever the reason, which I certainly hope you can explain, it was foolish to say the least and the reason you're sitting here."

The kid stubbornly folded his arms and sank deeper into his chair and looked away from them, as a wolf, that was a sure sign he was nervous, maybe even scared. No way he would admit that though!

"I'm not sayin nothin" he huffed and glanced at the two cops "not like you can hold me on any charges"

“We can hold you without charges, if necessary. Especially as you’re being uncooperative to the point of obstruction, which can be charged.”

As much as she hated bringing up what basically amounted to threats, Charlie saw little other choice, seeing as the boy was brick walling as hard as he could. Was it really so bad to just answer a few simple questions? Even if you disliked law enforcement, this was rather extreme.

"I didn't do nothin ok! I went in the back. Didn't see no tape until I was goin out" he finally said "Never knew it was a crime scene. Don't know nothin about anythin" he said, still just as stubborn as could be but, he had budged a little at least

"That's all I'm sayin..."

“I want to believe you kid, but you’re really not making it easy.”

Charlies patience was wearing rather thin by now. Sure the kid didn’t know, but there had been 4 teams, plus forensics and everything else crawling all over that crime scene. No way would that many people have missed a completely separate entrance that needed to be blocked off. If he was telling the truth, which she was starting to doubt, what had the kid done to get in there? Crawled through the sewers? She glanced at Hoss to gauge his reaction.

Hoss calmly placed the folder on the table and pulled out blueprints of thr building "show us where you came in" he said "this. Is where we saw you come out" he pointed out the main door.

The kid shifted uncomfortably in his seat before leaning forward and looking over the blueprints before shaking his head "It's not marked..there's a door here" he pointed out a spot towards the back of the warehouse.

Hoss frowned "can you show us if we take you back?" He asked.

He shrugged and nodded "sure....if it means you'll let me go? Cause I didn't do nothin" he looked between th3 two.

"Mm i don't know Hyle..what do you think?" He looked over at his partner

Charlie could give nothing but a slow blink and a small smile up to her new partner in thanks for picking up the slack while sitting across from the kid, but she hoped he got the message. Turning back to the boy, she tried one last olive branch.

“Give us your name and I’ll try and convince him.” She jerked her head at Hoss.

The boy shifted, glancing at Hoss once more before looking back at the woman "Josh" he left out the last name, but that was progress.

Hoss put the blue prints away after marking the spot the boy had indicated.

"Great. Josh then. Shall we go?" He was still letting Hyle take the lead on this

Charlie beamed at Josh. Finally he had given them something. She could work with that. Sure, only a first name wasn’t much to go by, but it would have to do for now. Tracking him would be so much easier if they had a last name, or even better, a blood type, but she certainly wouldn’t get her hopes up.

“Yes.” Charlie stood up and switched off the recording device on the table. Echoing the words her partner had used earlier in the car, she asked Josh, “We don't need to cuff you, right?”

Back