Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
The Convergence Series GM
For OOC talk, please see the group Discord server. OOC talk in the potential IC thread is highly ill-advised.

Link to sign-ups.

Prologue
"Conviction"

m2ww8DzcRxWIn3__0U-6EA.png

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Is it like the hand of God, hovering above?

At least it is true... that man has no control, even over his own will.

09AAKMd1QoKmrezSFGfp7A.png

Red.

That is the first color you become familiar to.

That is the first thing you become conscious of.

No matter where you were, no matter what you might have been doing, that is the one thing that you all first wake up to. Red. Your vision is initially blurry, the blinding red being the only thing you're able to make out as you try to gather your bearings. The next thing one might realize was the floor stood upon. It felt... strangely squishy. Uncomfortably so. But even more uncomfortable was how the ground seemed to ooze red with every step you took.

Then... your hearing returned to you. And that was when you heard the screaming. The laughing. The pleading. The cackling. It shouldn't have taken one too long to put two and two together that not only were they in a completely unfamiliar place, surrounded by unfamiliar faces, but that wherever they suddenly were now, it was truly a living hellhole.

Monstrous faces, looking like statues made of red, littered the endless, open area as far as the eye could see. They took the shape of pillars, they created a wall up ahead, they covered the red sky, and they even covered the floor itself. It was like a nightmare. But a nightmare was at least something one could easily escape. And this, for all intents and purposes, was real.

Shadows sped to the sides like night demons, stalking you all. It felt like there were eyes watching you at every corner, weighing down a great sense of dread. And indeed, more than likely, you weren't alone in this godforsaken place.

A real, true, living and breathing Hell.

milbi8kdnchz.jpg

Welcome to the Eclipse. Enjoy your stay.

One girl was certainly struggling to do just that, sporting short hair and what looked like a green and white school uniform.

"W-What... What is this? What's going on?" The girl asked in a panic, hardly able to even comprehend the horrific sights before her. No normal person could, and as far as the group she found herself with, it seemed like she was among quite a bizarre crowd. But despite all the people sharing her dreadful experiences, it didn't comfort her the slightest.

"Yuki-senpai... Where's Yuki-senpai...? Kurumi-chan? A-Anyone?"

And so it began.

You could choose to brave toward the giant hand in the distance protruding toward the black sun, or you could try to turn around and run away from it.

Or you could just... stand where you are and panic right there. Or try to make sense out of this senseless phenomena. There was no escape either way.

Cast List
@Minerva as Astolfo (Type-Moon)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
@thatguyinthestore as Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler)
@Jeremi as Fall-From-Grace and Mortimer Rictusgrin (Planescape)
@Sen as Genya Arikado (Castlevania)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight)
@dark as Jak (Jak & Daxter)
@Gummi Bunnies as Kaine and Emil (NieR)
@Alex Azure as Kokichi Oma (Danganronpa)
@Krieg as Kurumi Ebisuzawa (School-Live!)
@Yun Lee as Libra and Sumia (Fire Emblem)
@Takumi as Lindel (The Ancient Magus Bride)
@York as Lucatiel of Mirrah (Dark Souls II)
@Lucky as Mike Munroe and Joshua Washington (Until Dawn)
@Kaykay as Sera Mizuki (Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen)
@Otto as Siegward of Catarina (Dark Souls III)
@Tutski19 as Soraka (League of Legends)
@Khan of the Mardu as Virginia Maxwell (Wild Arms)
@Josh as Yuuri Wakasa (School-Live!)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Zoe (League of Legends)

Story Update

Chapter 1 - Story Update

Chapter 2 - Story Update

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Final Chapter

Epilogue

Last edited:
Ben Tennyson Prologue

Brand of the Kickin' Hawk

VT9aiM4.jpg

It had happened again.

Gotham City, Vale, among many other places.

And now, this world, remniscent of a grimdark fantasy. Gotham, the crime-infested city that he had visited when he was but a child, was a land of ponies, rainbows, marshmallows and fluffy teddy bears compared to this, or at least, that was what Ben Tennyson would soon learn.

And I'm not talking about realistic ponies that have dozens of hoof diseases. Even then, the same could still be said.

Ever since he stepped into the matters of the multiverse, he fought more than just evil from Earth and space, but from beyond dimensions. This was one of these matters, but the very vibe it gave etched an impression that this was going to be very, very different compared to his prior ventures to other worlds, as evidenced by the sight of gore and blood splattered, and the sun that shared the hue of night.

"That's how you know this is a bad thing."

qVSiSmx.jpg

"My head..." Ben fully got up, then spoke to the first person he saw - a Paladin with hair most braided and armour most shiny.

"Let me guess - you're in the same situation as I am. I'm Ben Tennyson. We can talk on the way, let's help everyone we can while we chitchat."

Dragging the Paladin along, Ben approached the young Japanese girl who was looking for her friends.

"You've got anyone down. Name's Ben, Ben Tennyson. We can talk while we gather everyone."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Josh @Krieg @Minerva

For OOC talk, please see the group Discord server. OOC talk in the potential IC thread is highly ill-advised.

Link to sign-ups.

Prologue
"Conviction"

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Red.

No matter where you were, no matter what you might have been doing, that is the one thing that you all first wake up to. Red. Your vision is initially blurry, the blinding red being the only thing you're able to make out as you try to gather your bearings. The next thing one might realize was the floor stood upon. It felt... strangely squishy. Uncomfortably so. But even more uncomfortable was how the ground seemed to ooze red with every step you took.

Then... your hearing returned to you. And that was when you heard the screaming. The laughing. The pleading. The cackling. It shouldn't have taken one too long to put two and two together that not only were they in a completely unfamiliar place, surrounded by unfamiliar faces, but that wherever they suddenly were now, it was truly a living hellhole.

Monstrous faces, looking like statues made of red, littered the endless, open area as far as the eye could see. They took the shape of pillars, they created a wall up ahead, they covered the red sky, and they even covered the floor itself. It was like a nightmare. But a nightmare was at least something one could easily escape. And this, for all intents and purposes, was real.

Shadows sped to the sides like night demons, stalking you all. It felt like there were eyes watching you at every corner, weighing down a great sense of dread. And indeed, more than likely, you weren't alone in this godforsaken place.

milbi8kdnchz.jpg

One girl was certainly struggling to do just that, sporting short hair and what looked like a green and white school uniform.

"W-What... What is this? What's going on?" The girl asked in a panic, hardly able to even comprehend the horrific sights before her. No normal person could, and as far as the group she found herself with, it seemed like she was among quite a bizarre crowd. But despite all the people sharing her dreadful experiences, it didn't comfort her the slightest.

And so it began.

You could choose to brave toward the giant hand in the distance protruding toward the black sun, or you could try to turn around and run away from it.

Or you could just... stand where you are and panic right there. Or try to make sense out of this senseless phenomena. There was no escape either way.

Cast List
@ThatAverageGuy as Butters (South Park)
@Atomic Knight as Yuki Takeya and Megumi Sakura (School-Live!)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Zoe (League of Legends)​
Ben Tennyson Prologue

VT9aiM4.jpg

It had happened again.

And now, this world, remniscent of a grimdark fantasy. Gotham, the crime-infested city that he had visited when he was but a child, was a land of ponies, rainbows, marshmallows and fluffy teddy bears compared to this, or at least, that was what Ben Tennyson would soon learn.

And I'm not talking about realistic ponies that have dozens of hoof diseases. Even then, the same could still be said.

Ever since he stepped into the matters of the multiverse, he fought more than just evil from Earth and space, but from beyond dimensions. This was one of these matters, but the very vibe it gave etched an impression that this was going to be very, very different compared to his prior ventures to other worlds, as evidenced by the sight of gore and blood splattered, and the sun that shared the hue of night.

qVSiSmx.jpg

"My head..." Ben fully got up, then spoke to the first person he saw - a Paladin with hair most braided and armour most shiny.

"Let me guess - you're in the same situation as I am. I'm Ben Tennyson. We can talk on the way, let's help everyone we can while we chitchat."

Dragging the Paladin along, Ben approached the young Japanese girl who was looking for her friends.

"You've got anyone down. Name's Ben, Ben Tennyson. We can talk while we gather everyone."

For a brief moment, Virginia felt a stark fear come over her heart as she looked around this eternal hell. How had she come to wake up in this place? Last she remembered, she had been staying at the inn with her friends and constant companions... The fear only grew as her eyes glanced around, realizing who was missing from her side this time. "J-Jet? Gallows?! Clive?!" Her voice was a little shakey as she spoke, trying to search for them with her eyes while keeping the strange shadows in sight. The only question she could ask as she unclasped the holsters of her revolvers was where her fellow heroes of justice were...

Until she heard that cry for help. Another person in this world, in this situation, who was growing weak and losing faith in escaping, even if they didn't realize it yet.

It didn't matter if demons might surround them or that they were stuck in an abyss of nightmares; that girl's whimpers were enough to steel the gunslinger's nerves and continue seeking her miracles in life. She couldn't be weak here in front of those who needed help, and she wouldn't go on without a reassuring smile on her lips. With that in mind, she approached the girl who looked like some sort of schoolgirl and the young man who moved to assist her as well, nodding to them with a trusting expression while dusting off her vibrant dress, "Don't worry... my name is Virginia, Virginia Maxwell, and it's nice to meet you all. I don't know where we are... but I know we can get out of this. Just stay calm while Ben and I gather the others, okay, miss? We'll find your friends one way or another!"

@Crow @Minerva @Ver

Prologue: His Butler - Unforgiving

Ciel Phantomhive was an abnormal boy.

Unlike most boys his age, Ciel didn't spend his time riding his bike or playing fetch with his dog. Such utterly useless activities were a waste of time for a Phantomhive, after all.

And today wasn't much different from most days. Except… Grell Sutcliff was here. Though, unlike the incident with Madam Red, she wasn’t a nuisance this time. In fact, the information she seemed to have access to proved to be quite beneficial to Ciel Phantomhive on more than one occasion.

This was one of those occasions.

latest

“So, perhaps you could run through your tale again? I wouldn't want to… overlook any details." Ciel said curtly as he was hunched over the desk in his office, his fingers all interlocked as they provided a nice headrest for the young Phantomhive.

"But of course!” More than happy to be the center of attention (and to spend a bit more time with Ciel’s butler), Grell began recounting her story. “Mind you, this was all a dream...but a forced one, I think? Anyway, it was more like one of those ghastly horror novels but even more bizarre. Somehow, all of us in this dream were pulled from different time periods and from all over the world-did you know one little brat went around calling themselves Jack the Ripper? The nerve! Plagiarism is the lowest form of flattery, you know. And they employed the company of some horrible murdering doll! He called me all sorts of foul names and even stabbed my leg! What a beast!”

Irritation soon left, though, and Grell sighed dreamily. “At least my dearest Ethan made it all bearable...oh, he was such a gentleman! If only he didn’t get mauled by that awful Solomon Grundy-I think we were awfully close to kissing...possibly even-”

“That's enough.” Ciel said, holding up a hand as he leaned back into his seat. “Another Jack the Ripper in the form of a child? A sociopathic children’s toy? Normally, I’d brush such words off as mere figments of the imagination, especially coming from someone like you.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?!”

Taking a deep breath, Ciel would continue. “Tell me, Grell, have you heard of the multiverse theory?” The boy asked solemnly.

“...the what?”

“Right. Sebastian, explain the Multiverse theory to Grell. All this conversing has made me grow tired.” Ciel said, only sitting back and listening for now.

latest

“Certainly, young master.” The taller man, who had been standing off to the side, said with a polite smile as he bowed. “The Multiverse theory is a theory that states the possibility of there being an infinite amount of alternate universes parallel to our own. Each universe houses its own set of people, locations, climates, and foods unique to its own self. The universe we reside in is one of those universes.

Perhaps, a universe exists where cats rule the world. Or another one where there are crazed killer dolls, as you put it.”

“Very good, Sebastian.” Ciel said with a nod, earning nothing more than a nod from his butler. “Now… although this may have been a dream, the way you spoke of this Nightmare figure intrigues me the most. My presumption is that he has some sort of influence over the dreams of those across the Multiverse, and he gathered you all for his own twisted amusement. Like a child when he kills an ant with a magnifying glass.”

Holding his cane out in front of him, Ciel would pull himself up before making his way over to the window and looking outside, not even facing Grell or Sebastian as he spoke.

“That would be enough for now, Grell. I’ll contact you if I’m in need of any further assistance.”

Grell shrugged. “Well, all right then. I’d better get back to HQ before Will suspects something. I only just got my Death Scythe back, you know, and one wrong move could cost it all over! That was the worst part of the dream; being completely unarmed! I was like a damsel in distress and I--”

Grell continued to babble on.

“I believe it's quite time you leave, Ms. Grell. As the young master said, we’ll contact you if we require further assistance.” Sebastian said as he ushered Grell out the door, no matter how much she protested. Luckily, with Sebastian getting her to move along, no protesting happened, though Grell did attempt a goodbye kiss...only for the door to slam in her face.

“Sebastian…” Ciel said, turning to face his butler now that Grell is gone. “I’d like you to gather as much information you can on this Multiverse.”

“Not to protest, my young master, but the information on the topic at hand is really quite scarce.”

“Yes, I’m aware. Though it isn't completely non-existent. The closer I can come to understanding this phenomenon, the better.” Looking up at his butler with a stern look, Ciel gazed right into Sebastian’s eyes.

ciel-phantomhive--94.9.jpg

“This is an order.”

Smiling, Sebastian only bowed. “Very well, young master. I shall have as much information as possible available to you by the end of the day.”

And with that, Sebastian began to walk off. However, before he even made it out the door, they soon passed out.

"Nnnnnngh...." Ciel awoke with a groan, clutching the side of his head as he looked around. His butler was simply standing to the side, and he soon noticed Ciel and smiled over to him.

"Ah, awake at last, young master." Sebastian said with a chuckle. "Do you require my assistance?"

"I've got it." Ciel replied dryly as he slowly stood to his feet and began looking around. "Where... are we?"

"I'm afraid I'm just as confused as you are, young master. I awoke here right beside you."

"...I see." Ciel hummed. It was then that he noticed the panicking girl, which is when he also took notice of everyone else. "Hmmm.... it appears we weren't the only ones kidnapped." Growing annoyed by the girl's cries, Ciel sighed and looked up at Sebastian.

"Go and try to calm that girl. Her insufferable crying is going to give me a headache." Ciel replied in an annoyed tone.

"I will see to it at once, Young Master." Sebastian replied with a nod before approaching said girl.

sebastian-michaelis--9.11.jpg

"Excuse me, miss? Are you in need of assistance?"
The tall man asked in a polite tone.

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Crow

(Special thanks to @Yun Lee for providing Grell's lines!)​

Link to sign-ups.

Prologue
"Conviction"

Red.

milbi8kdnchz.jpg

And so it began.

Cast List

For a brief moment, Virginia felt a stark fear come over her heart as she looked around this eternal hell. How had she come to wake up in this place? Last she remembered, she had been staying at the inn with her friends and constant companions... The fear only grew as her eyes glanced around, realizing who was missing from her side this time. "J-Jet? Gallows?! Clive?!" Her voice was a little shakey as she spoke, trying to search for them with her eyes while keeping the strange shadows in sight. The only question she could ask as she unclasped the holsters of her revolvers was where her fellow heroes of justice were...

Until she heard that cry for help. Another person in this world, in this situation, who was growing weak and losing faith in escaping, even if they didn't realize it yet.

It didn't matter if demons might surround them or that they were stuck in an abyss of nightmares; that girl's whimpers were enough to steel the gunslinger's nerves and continue seeking her miracles in life. She couldn't be weak here in front of those who needed help, and she wouldn't go on without a reassuring smile on her lips. With that in mind, she approached the girl who looked like some sort of schoolgirl and the young man who moved to assist her as well, nodding to them with a trusting expression while dusting off her vibrant dress, "Don't worry... my name is Virginia, Virginia Maxwell, and it's nice to meet you all. I don't know where we are... but I know we can get out of this. Just stay calm while Ben and I gather the others, okay, miss? We'll find your friends one way or another!"

@Crow @Minerva @Ver
Ben Tennyson Prologue

VT9aiM4.jpg

It had happened again.

qVSiSmx.jpg

There are legends of heroes, both sung and unsung. Tales of knights slaying dragons, tales of soldiers who marched across fields. Arthur and his knights are one such group of tales. Told by taleweavers such as Geoffrey of Monmouth and the Pearl Poet. There's another similar set of stories from Germany. The stories of Charlemagne and his 12 Paladins. Those who created the Holy Roman Empire.

There was Roland, the most superior of the knights, there was Charlemagne himself, and then there was Astolfo, the son of King Otto of England. Astolfo was described as the most handsome of the Paladins. A charming boy, Astolfo was. Known for his magic lance and horn and his deeds of Heroism the world over.

However, his description of the most handsome hero isn't quite right...

The young, feminine Paladin had been pulled from his place in the Throne of Heroes, simmilar to other Servants before him. However, he was Masterless. He wasn't handed to a Grail War, he wasn't given to a Master to fight. Astolfo was thrown quite mercilessly out into a dark world. One ravaged by fear and destruction.

After standing up and brushing off his armor, Astolfo looked around. It didn't seem to be a Grail War. He didn't seem to have a Master. After Ben introduced himself, he made his way to the young girl as well, sword at his side.

tumblr_otvknnMomz1v6bs4yo3_400.gif

"
I'll help you find them. I'm Astolfo, a Paladin of Charlemagne!" The excitable Heroic Servant said.

@Anyone

Prologue: Sumia
A Place of Nightmares

"Oh...oh Gods..."

A young woman's voice could be heard speaking, but just barely over the sounds of torment and anguish surrounding them all.

View attachment 2025

"What...what IS this place?" She seemed to be asking herself more than anyone else, really. Only just adjusting to her new and highly unfamiliar surroundings, the woman known as Sumia seemed more confused than terrified...for now, at least. What was going on? She had only fallen asleep just a bit ago, and now she was standing in one of the most gruesome places she'd ever seen.

"This has to be a dream," she told herself, unable to come up with any other explanation. "A nightmare, even! But...my worst nightmares have never been like this..." To see if she was right, Sumia pinched her arm. "OW! Oh, horse poop! This is all real..." But then, that begged the question...where was she? How did she get to this abyssmal place? And who were all these people, dressed so differently than her? Why, it just didn't make sense. As she tried to figure this all out, a voice spoke up from behind her.

"...Sumia?"

That voice...it was so familar, yet not one she'd heard in a while, as if a distant memory. But...could it really be? She willed herself to look behind her, and the fear in her heart was now met by an overwhelming wave of relief.

"Libra!" She began running towards her dear friend, so happy to see a familiar face amongst this unfamiliar landscape. "I haven't seen you in-NOOO!"

The poor girl would trip, horrified to realize she would land on the squishy red ground if no one helped her. And she could use all the help she could get.

@Takumi @Sen @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Anyone @PleaseHelp​

Prologue: Sumia
A Place of Nightmares

"Oh...oh Gods..."

A young woman's voice could be heard speaking, but just barely over the sounds of torment and anguish surrounding them all.

View attachment 2025

"What...what IS this place?" She seemed to be asking herself more than anyone else, really. Only just adjusting to her new and highly unfamiliar surroundings, the woman known as Sumia seemed more confused than terrified...for now, at least. What was going on? She had only fallen asleep just a bit ago, and now she was standing in one of the most gruesome places she'd ever seen.

"This has to be a dream," she told herself, unable to come up with any other explanation. "A nightmare, even! But...my worst nightmares have never been like this..." To see if she was right, Sumia pinched her arm. "OW! Oh, horse poop! This is all real..." But then, that begged the question...where was she? How did she get to this abyssmal place? And who were all these people, dressed so differently than her? Why, it just didn't make sense. As she tried to figure this all out, a voice spoke up from behind her.

"...Sumia?"

That voice...it was so familar, yet not one she'd heard in a while, as if a distant memory. But...could it really be? She willed herself to look behind her, and the fear in her heart was now met by an overwhelming wave of relief.

"Libra!" She began running towards her dear friend, so happy to see a familiar face amongst this unfamiliar landscape. "I haven't seen you in-NOOO!"

The poor girl would trip, horrified to realize she would land on the squishy red ground if no one helped her. And she could use all the help she could get.

@Takumi @Sen @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Anyone @PleaseHelp​
Luckily, Sumia was caught by none other than Sebastian himself, who had seemingly zipped across the terrain at the speed of sound just to catch her before she collided with the ground, having grabbed her arm before she could do so.

latest

"Do watch your step. You wouldn't want to ruin those clothes." Sebastian chimed with a polite smile. He would have tended to the crying girl some more, but it appeared that other people had that handled.

@Yun Lee

Prologue: Libra
A Cruel Awakening

No amount of training could ever prepare you for a true experience of terror. No matter how much you tried to prepare, you could never truly comprehend how deeply terrible a situation can be until you were there yourself.

Libra had just now learned this for the third time in his life. The first time was at home, in Ylisse, when his fellow clergymen were slaughtered like cattle before his eyes, and immediately after, watching the Exalt, Emmeryn, fall to her death. The second time was in the final battle against the fell dragon Grima, the first and hopefully last time he would ever face a foe so monstrous. And now, years later, after training at The Torch and working on Ash...he was now one of the many pulled into some otherworldly scheme. For what? He didn't know. He couldn't know-at least, not right now. Perhaps this was simply some sort of Ash-related incident, perhaps not. No matter what, though, his best course of action would be to listen and observe...and, most importantly, to keep his mouth shut. Until, of course, he saw a familiar face before him. After so long away from his home, to see an old friend here...it both delighted him and terrified him. Of all the people to be brought into something like this, why Sumia? She was a nice girl, but her heart was too good for this type of thing. But she needed a friend here, and that was just what Libra could provide.

"...Sumia?" As she turned to face him, he would give a small, slightly apologetic smile. Poor thing...

"Libra!" She began running to him, and the priest worried for her two left feet. "I haven't seen you in-NOOO!"

And there she went. Fortunately a man caught her before Libra rushed in. Sighing in relief, Libra would smile at him.

63373.png

"Thank you, kind sir."

"Y-Yes...thank you." Sumia quickly adjusted hersslf, face beet red. How embarrassing... "I am SUCH a klutz..."

Libra, however, noticed yet another familiar face out of the corner of his eye. Oh Gods, not another of his friends... "Lindel? Is...is that you?"

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Sen @CrunchyCHEEZIT

-Kaine & Emil Prologue-
"Escape Full of Karma"

Running. That was all they could do. No time to catch their breath. The situation grew for the worst after terrible circumstances had occurred left and right.

First, the village was raided by the Shades. Second, Nier was fatally injured and sent to god knows where. Third, Grimoire Weiss had turned against them due to the Shades' influence. Lastly, the leader of the Shades, the Shadowlord, abducted Yonah. Even in the midst of their unfortunate luck, both Kaine and Emil refused to go down easily to the growing threat. And to think they were planning a joint search to find Nier and soon enough Yonah. It was an extreme stretch of goals, but what other piece of faltering hope did they have?

❝ Aaah! Kaine! They're surrounding us! There's just so many of them! ❞ Emil shrieked, stopping in place upon seeing that their path out was blocked by more Shades. At this rate, running was definitely off the options list on what to do from here.

❝ If they want a fight, they're going to get one alright. C'mon Emil, let's give them hell with everything we got! ❞ Kaine tightened the grip on her dual blades, glancing over to see if her partner was fine with this. With the young boy giving a firm nod, both engaged the surrounding swarms of Shades, fighting on what was their last stand against an unstoppable threat...

-----

The first to reawaken in this foreign place was Emil. His head was numbing, even though he was meant to be invulnerable to most physical and magical threats. Maybe the overswarming of Shades from earlier jumbled him up? No, it couldn't be. This surrounding place was different, different from those Shades. It was already bad enough to know that the Shades exist, but whatever this place and what it could be holding? Emil didn't want to know so much about it on top of the already long list of problems.

❝ Kaine! Kaine! Wake up! We need to move! ❞ He turned around to see that Kaine was still unconscious, fallen to the ground and such. He gave a few nudges and soon enough shakes to wake her, but it didn't exactly work.

303etrans.png

❝ Oh no, not you too! Please wake up Kaine! ❞ The weapon immediately started to panic at Kaine's unconscious state. Poor boy was worried sick for her. Wait, there was other people around. Maybe they'll be of help?

❝ U... Uh... h-hey! If it isn't too much to ask, I need help waking up my friend. Like... we were in a big fight before we got here, and it was a lot of bad Shades against the two of us, and now I don't know if Kaine's fine or if she's hurt, and I don't know what I'll do if she's super hurt or worse! ❞ Emil was practically asking anyone for a bit of help at this point.

@Ver @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Crow @ppl

She couldn't be weak here in front of those who needed help, and she wouldn't go on without a reassuring smile on her lips. With that in mind, she approached the girl who looked like some sort of schoolgirl and the young man who moved to assist her as well, nodding to them with a trusting expression while dusting off her vibrant dress, "Don't worry... my name is Virginia, Virginia Maxwell, and it's nice to meet you all. I don't know where we are... but I know we can get out of this. Just stay calm while Ben and I gather the others, okay, miss? We'll find your friends one way or another!"
"...I see." Ciel hummed. It was then that he noticed the panicking girl, which is when he also took notice of everyone else. "Hmmm.... it appears we weren't the only ones kidnapped." Growing annoyed by the girl's cries, Ciel sighed and looked up at Sebastian.

"Go and try to calm that girl. Her insufferable crying is going to give me a headache." Ciel replied in an annoyed tone.

"I will see to it at once, Young Master." Sebastian replied with a nod before approaching said girl.

sebastian-michaelis--9.11.jpg

"Excuse me, miss? Are you in need of assistance?"
The tall man asked in a polite tone.​
After standing up and brushing off his armor, Astolfo looked around. It didn't seem to be a Grail War. He didn't seem to have a Master. After Ben introduced himself, he made his way to the young girl as well, sword at his side.

"
I'll help you find them. I'm Astolfo, a Paladin of Charlemagne!" The excitable Heroic Servant said.
Miki_1004_copy.png

"H-Huh? Who are you people?" The girl asked to those who initially approached her, visibly intimidated by their approach and even taking a step back. It was as though she hadn't seen anyone quite like them before. Not that these people in question were very... normal looking, between Astolfo and Viriginia at least, among the others who stood around, but this band wasn't exactly what she was expecting from survivors. Then again... This place... If it wasn't just a horrifying nightmare, then what was this place? Hell? Were they already dead? Was that why she couldn't find Yuki-senpai and the others?

Thoughts raced through her mind as she remained reluctant to respond, her lips quivering as she struggled to produce an immediate response to those who went up to her, but she managed to at least utter out words to the best of her ability, despite the shaking she felt all throughout, in her legs, her upper body, and even her own voice.

Miki_1023_copy.png

"U-Uhm... My friends... I... They..." She initially said, stumbling over her own words, "Y-Yes, please help me. They... They have to be here somewhere. My friends... Especially Yuki-senpai... They can't... I can't..." The girl continued to find it difficult to talk coherently, stopping for a brief moment, before forcing herself to take a breath.

The others seemed more composed than she was; were they more accustomed to this place? Had they been here for a longer time than her? So many questions piled up in the girl's head, but for now, it was as the lady said. She had to be calm. Even if it wasn't enough, she had to be strong. For Yuki-senpai, Kurumi-chan, and Yuu-san.

"My... M-My name is Miki Naoki. Does anyone... know where this is?"

@Crow @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu

A Cruel Awakening

No amount of training could ever prepare you for a true experience of terror. No matter how much you tried to prepare, you could never truly comprehend how deeply terrible a situation can be until you were there yourself.

Libra had just now learned this for the third time in his life. The first time was at home, in Ylisse, when his fellow clergymen were slaughtered like cattle before his eyes, and immediately after, watching the Exalt, Emmeryn, fall to her death. The second time was in the final battle against the fell dragon Grima, the first and hopefully last time he would ever face a foe so monstrous. And now, years later, after training at The Torch and working on Ash...he was now one of the many pulled into some otherworldly scheme. For what? He didn't know. He couldn't know-at least, not right now. Perhaps this was simply some sort of Ash-related incident, perhaps not. No matter what, though, his best course of action would be to listen and observe...and, most importantly, to keep his mouth shut. Until, of course, he saw a familiar face before him. After so long away from his home, to see an old friend here...it both delighted him and terrified him. Of all the people to be brought into something like this, why Sumia? She was a nice girl, but her heart was too good for this type of thing. But she needed a friend here, and that was just what Libra could provide.

"...Sumia?" As she turned to face him, he would give a small, slightly apologetic smile. Poor thing...

"Libra!" She began running to him, and the priest worried for her two left feet. "I haven't seen you in-NOOO!"

And there she went. Fortunately a man caught her before Libra rushed in. Sighing in relief, Libra would smile at him.

63373.png

"Thank you, kind sir."

"Y-Yes...thank you." Sumia quickly adjusted hersslf, face beet red. How embarrassing... "I am SUCH a klutz..."

Libra, however, noticed yet another familiar face out of the corner of his eye. Oh Gods, not another of his friends... "Lindel? Is...is that you?"

"Oh, there's no need to thank me. After all, what kind of a butler would I be if I couldn't stop a lady from falling and dirtying her outfit?" Sebastian chimed.

@Yun Lee

-Kaine & Emil Prologue-
"Escape Full of Karma"

Running. That was all they could do. No time to catch their breath. The situation grew for the worst after terrible circumstances had occurred left and right.

First, the village was raided by the Shades. Second, Nier was fatally injured and sent to god knows where. Third, Grimoire Weiss had turned against them due to the Shades' influence. Lastly, the leader of the Shades, the Shadowlord, abducted Yonah. Even in the midst of their unfortunate luck, both Kaine and Emil refused to go down easily to the growing threat. And to think they were planning a joint search to find Nier and soon enough Yonah. It was an extreme stretch of goals, but what other piece of faltering hope did they have?

❝ Aaah! Kaine! They're surrounding us! There's just so many of them! ❞ Emil shrieked, stopping in place upon seeing that their path out was blocked by more Shades. At this rate, running was definitely off the options list on what to do from here.

❝ If they want a fight, they're going to get one alright. C'mon Emil, let's give them hell with everything we got! ❞ Kaine tightened the grip on her dual blades, glancing over to see if her partner was fine with this. With the young boy giving a firm nod, both engaged the surrounding swarms of Shades, fighting on what was their last stand against an unstoppable threat...

-----

The first to reawaken in this foreign place was Emil. His head was numbing, even though he was meant to be invulnerable to most physical and magical threats. Maybe the overswarming of Shades from earlier jumbled him up? No, it couldn't be. This surrounding place was different, different from those Shades. It was already bad enough to know that the Shades exist, but whatever this place and what it could be holding? Emil didn't want to know so much about it on top of the already long list of problems.

❝ Kaine! Kaine! Wake up! We need to move! ❞ He turned around to see that Kaine was still unconscious, fallen to the ground and such. He gave a few nudges and soon enough shakes to wake her, but it didn't exactly work.

303etrans.png

❝ Oh no, not you too! Please wake up Kaine! ❞ The weapon immediately started to panic at Kaine's unconscious state. Poor boy was worried sick for her. Wait, there was other people around. Maybe they'll be of help?

❝ U... Uh... h-hey! If it isn't too much to ask, I need help waking up my friend. Like... we were in a big fight before we got here, and it was a lot of bad Shades against the two of us, and now I don't know if Kaine's fine or if she's hurt, and I don't know what I'll do if she's super hurt or worse! ❞ Emil was practically asking anyone for a bit of help at this point.

"H-Huh?" Virginia's eyes blinked a few times in amazement as a talking... skeleton spoke to them, asking for help for a friend. What sort of strange people were here with her? However, after a moment to collect herself, the young gunslinger beamed wide at the strange being who seemed worried over its friend than in hurting him, "Don't worry, I can help, as long as I've got the right berry!" Coming over to Emil while digging through the little bag on her hip, she sided as she pulled out her last healing berry, a golden little fruit - despite the recovering environment of Filgaia prompting growth in the berry's species, it was still tough to find them and harder to keep a large supply of them on hand.

Yet she knew the girl apparently known as Kaine might need them, and kneeling down besides her form, she held it out to Emil, "It's my last one... but it should help your friend heal faster if she's really hurt."

@Gummi Bunnies @Ver @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Crow

"You're so kind, even so. Helping some clod like me from tripping over her own two feet..." Sumia sighed. "Though, knowing me, I'm afraid I'm going to trip and land on the ground here no matter what I do."

@thatguyinthestore

Link to sign-ups.

Prologue
"Conviction"

Red.

milbi8kdnchz.jpg

And so it began.

Cast List

Lindel's Prologue: Echoes on the wind

Being a nomad had it's perks. That was how it was back home, to be away from people and have little contact. Things had been fine for millennia, things had been fine when Elias had fumbled into his life then left, and they were fine when he brought Chise to the Dragon's Aerie. Not for a simple visit sadly, but it was nice while it lasted, even when she eventually came back to fufill a promise to one of the older dragons and have her staff made. As long as the dragons were safe, he could always take things in stride, as long as everything was fine.

Ending up on Ash, he calmly took things in stride like always. There would be some simple adjusting to being around more people often, but that was fine everything had been fine the short time he was there, and he knew the dragons back home would be alright despite his absence.

Sadly, the elder could tell that something was wrong that day. Vision blurring, he stumbled, blue eyes widening in surprise it was almost as if his eyes had suddenly gone weak. Surely his age wasn't showing, because it felt as if his hearing was going too.

tumblr_oy6spaIUyf1wdrafpo3_500.gif

"What is-" he muttered, but never got to finish. All he saw was red, red, red.

A mage like him, being around as long as he has, one would think he wouldn't be as startled by the color as he was.

Waking moments later in an unfamiliar place, the mage blinked, slowly standing seconds after gathering his bearings with his hearing returning. Taking a moment to glance at a few nearby, he calmed his rising heartbeat and a wave of calm came over him momentarily.

tumblr_oyiq94OGU31v6bs4yo7_250.gif

"This isn't good at all. Where have I ended up this time?" he muttered with a sigh.

A Cruel Awakening

63373.png

"Thank you, kind sir."

"Hm?" Lindel turned, the voice familiar and warranting a small frown.

"You've been dragged into this too?" he pondered aloud. Why couldn't it have just been him? He would of felt better if it was just him and no one he knew on any level to have been brought here.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Crunchy

@Crow @Minerva @Ver

There are legends of heroes, both sung and unsung. Tales of knights slaying dragons, tales of soldiers who marched across fields. Arthur and his knights are one such group of tales. Told by taleweavers such as Geoffrey of Monmouth and the Pearl Poet. There's another similar set of stories from Germany. The stories of Charlemagne and his 12 Paladins. Those who created the Holy Roman Empire.

There was Roland, the most superior of the knights, there was Charlemagne himself, and then there was Astolfo, the son of King Otto of England. Astolfo was described as the most handsome of the Paladins. A charming boy, Astolfo was. Known for his magic lance and horn and his deeds of Heroism the world over.

However, his description of the most handsome hero isn't quite right...

The young, feminine Paladin had been pulled from his place in the Throne of Heroes, simmilar to other Servants before him. However, he was Masterless. He wasn't handed to a Grail War, he wasn't given to a Master to fight. Astolfo was thrown quite mercilessly out into a dark world. One ravaged by fear and destruction.

"

@Anyone
Miki_1004_copy.png

"H-Huh? Who are you people?" The girl asked to those who initially approached her, visibly intimidated by their approach and even taking a step back. It was as though she hadn't seen anyone quite like them before. Not that these people in question were very... normal looking, between Astolfo and Viriginia at least, among the others who stood around, but this band wasn't exactly what she was expecting from survivors. Then again... This place... If it wasn't just a horrifying nightmare, then what was this place? Hell? Were they already dead? Was that why she couldn't find Yuki-senpai and the others?

Thoughts raced through her mind as she remained reluctant to respond, her lips quivering as she struggled to produce an immediate response to those who went up to her, but she managed to at least utter out words to the best of her ability, despite the shaking she felt all throughout, in her legs, her upper body, and even her own voice.

Miki_1023_copy.png

"U-Uhm... My friends... I... They..." She initially said, stumbling over her own words, "Y-Yes, please help me. They... They have to be here somewhere. My friends... Especially Yuki-senpai... They can't... I can't..." The girl continued to find it difficult to talk coherently, stopping for a brief moment, before forcing herself to take a breath.

The others seemed more composed than she was; were they more accustomed to this place? Had they been here for a longer time than her? So many questions piled up in the girl's head, but for now, it was as the lady said. She had to be calm. Even if it wasn't enough, she had to be strong. For Yuki-senpai, Kurumi-chan, and Yuu-san.

"My... M-My name is Miki Naoki. Does anyone... know where this is?"

@Crow @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu

o8qC8uY.jpg

"Nice to meet you, Astolfo, Virginia, Miki, kinda wish the situation wasn't so grim," Ben greets with a solemn look in his face. "Something tells me I came here alone. No Rook, no Gwen, no Kevin, no Grandpa, no team."

Turning to Astolfo, he asked, "Charmelegne? That Charmelegne? Like, the King Arthur of France? Sounds like I've got quite a knight by my side."

He looks at Astolfo & Virginia for a bit, then back to Miki.

Virginia was tending to someone who required medical attention, that left Astolfo.

"I have an idea, Miki, but I'm going to need to borrow some of their belongings, maybe even something your friends eat on a daily basis. Do you have any of that with you?"

Ben looks about.

"Others are helping each other out. This should speed things up."

@Ver @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu

@Atomic Knight @Krieg @Josh

Hollow Knight
- Prologue -

"Return To Light"

In the wilds beyond they speak your name with regret,

CRAACK

For none could tame our savage souls, yet you the challenge met,

CRAAACK

Under palest watch, you taught, we changed, base instincts were redeemed,

CRAAACK

A world you gave to bug and beast as they had never dreamed.

CRAAAAACK!

Who knows how long this would last.

View attachment 2026

It's entirely possible that the three of them would be stuck like this for all eternity. If such a sacrifice must be made to contain the Light, then that sacrifice must be made. It's not like that's a personal declaration - it is. . .like instinct. It's entirely within the nature of the vessel's to remain trapped in the mind of a dying warrior, lashing away against the cracking hide of a desperate, dying god. With every lash the shade made, the Radiance screamed louder, raging against the void tendrils that denied it's great power - the power of the Light, the power of the forgotten creator. It is the will of the King to do this thing - for the sake of a dead kingdom and a dying people. One must question if it's even worth saving the minds of a people that will soon lose the capacity to think within a few generations. Without His teachings, those base instincts would return. . .and then, even the people that built a kingdom will face the same fate as their creation.

Those were not questions it was permitted to ask. If it was capable of asking, that is.

The larger shade held open the Radiance's face, staring into an endless wealth of blinding light that poured from it's screaming opening. Each lash resulted in another burst of energy - as well as the abyssal energies from below to rise higher. They met the thing at her "legs", and then her "waist". The void tendrils tightened their grip around it's wretched appendages as a result of the growing darkness surrounding it. The shade that was once a hollow knight reared back it's monstrous tendril one last time, launching forward and tearing through the ethereal plumage that decorated the god's "chest".

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The dying diety let out a scream of it's demise, beams of eldritch light bursting from every tear and pore wrought upon it's tangible form. The void rose to accept it's quarry, letting loose a swarm of wicked, black tendrils that wrapped across the thing's body and began to drag it down into nothingness. Soon, the god's desperate screams were drowned in the buzzing of nothingness - the essence of potential, come to reclaim the blight upon this universe.

The light vanished.

And there was nothing left.

. . .A purpose. . .fulfilled at last?

Was this what the King had wished?

There really was nothing left.

If only he was alive to see it.

The banishment of the Radiance would not clear the rubble that lay outside the Temple of the Black Egg. It would not return the dreams of the infected bugs that shamble about the City of Tears - who now begin to slowly collapse and die, freed of the torment of their creator. It would not justify the desperation the King had made to fight the Radiance, including all but the creation of. . .well, it. The small one, who had come back.

But the Knight had done it's purpose. None of that mattered. It lacked a mind to think about such things. All it could do now is cease to exist, returning to the pits of the Abyss, where it found it's origin. All things return to the dirt. And all the pains and shackles of existence. . .would be unbound for however long this hollow kingdom would persist. It, too, would find it's place in the dirt. And so would bug kind. And so would this reality.

That is. . .something the Knight could understand.

It did not have the tangibility to understand, though. Nor the mental process to develop an understanding.

It was hollow. And then it was nothing.

The dream died, and there was no knight.

There really was. . .nothing.

View attachment 2027

. . .

. .

. . .

. . .h

. .

. .red

. . .

. . .red

. .

. .

. . .

. . red

red.

red?

Red.

It's red.

. .

Why is it so red.

View attachment 2028

Oo.

It sleeps.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi

"You're so kind, even so. Helping some clod like me from tripping over her own two feet..." Sumia sighed. "Though, knowing me, I'm afraid I'm going to trip and land on the ground here no matter what I do."

@thatguyinthestore
demon_s_toy____sebastian_michaelis_x_reader_by_oppafaustusstyle-d6sofjg.png

Sebastian only chuckled. "Nonsense. You were simply bewildered by the... predicament we find ourselves in. It happens to the best of us."

@Yun Lee

Hollow Knight
- Prologue -

"Return To Light"

In the wilds beyond they speak your name with regret,

CRAACK

For none could tame our savage souls, yet you the challenge met,

CRAAACK

Under palest watch, you taught, we changed, base instincts were redeemed,

CRAAACK

A world you gave to bug and beast as they had never dreamed.

CRAAAAACK!

Who knows how long this would last.

View attachment 2026

It's entirely possible that the three of them would be stuck like this for all eternity. If such a sacrifice must be made to contain the Light, then that sacrifice must be made. It's not like that's a personal declaration - it is. . .like instinct. It's entirely within the nature of the vessel's to remain trapped in the mind of a dying warrior, lashing away against the cracking hide of a desperate, dying god. With every lash the shade made, the Radiance screamed louder, raging against the void tendrils that denied it's great power - the power of the Light, the power of the forgotten creator. It is the will of the King to do this thing - for the sake of a dead kingdom and a dying people. One must question if it's even worth saving the minds of a people that will soon lose the capacity to think within a few generations. Without His teachings, those base instincts would return. . .and then, even the people that built a kingdom will face the same fate as their creation.

Those were not questions it was permitted to ask. If it was capable of asking, that is.

The larger shade held open the Radiance's face, staring into an endless wealth of blinding light that poured from it's screaming opening. Each lash resulted in another burst of energy - as well as the abyssal energies from below to rise higher. They met the thing at her "legs", and then her "waist". The void tendrils tightened their grip around it's wretched appendages as a result of the growing darkness surrounding it. The shade that was once a hollow knight reared back it's monstrous tendril one last time, launching forward and tearing through the ethereal plumage that decorated the god's "chest".

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The dying diety let out a scream of it's demise, beams of eldritch light bursting from every tear and pore wrought upon it's tangible form. The void rose to accept it's quarry, letting loose a swarm of wicked, black tendrils that wrapped across the thing's body and began to drag it down into nothingness. Soon, the god's desperate screams were drowned in the buzzing of nothingness - the essence of potential, come to reclaim the blight upon this universe.

The light vanished.

And there was nothing left.

. . .A purpose. . .fulfilled at last?

Was this what the King had wished?

There really was nothing left.

If only he was alive to see it.

The banishment of the Radiance would not clear the rubble that lay outside the Temple of the Black Egg. It would not return the dreams of the infected bugs that shamble about the City of Tears - who now begin to slowly collapse and die, freed of the torment of their creator. It would not justify the desperation the King had made to fight the Radiance, including all but the creation of. . .well, it. The small one, who had come back.

But the Knight had done it's purpose. None of that mattered. It lacked a mind to think about such things. All it could do now is cease to exist, returning to the pits of the Abyss, where it found it's origin. All things return to the dirt. And all the pains and shackles of existence. . .would be unbound for however long this hollow kingdom would persist. It, too, would find it's place in the dirt. And so would bug kind. And so would this reality.

That is. . .something the Knight could understand.

It did not have the tangibility to understand, though. Nor the mental process to develop an understanding.

It was hollow. And then it was nothing.

The dream died, and there was no knight.

There really was. . .nothing.

View attachment 2027

. . .

. .

. . .

. . .h

. .

. .red

. . .

. . .red

. .

. .

. . .

. . red

red.

red?

Red.

It's red.

. .

Why is it so red.

View attachment 2028

Oo.

It sleeps.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi

"Better pick him up before someone steps on him," Ben says, picking the tiny little warrior up in his palms. "Awwww... aren't you the cutest little thing? Astolfo, think you could hold on to this guy for me?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva

"Better pick him up before someone steps on him," Ben says, picking the tiny little warrior up in his palms. "Awwww... aren't you the cutest little thing? Astolfo, think you could hold on to this guy for me?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva
Ciel glanced over to Ben, seeming a bit annoyed towards the teen as he pet the tiny skull thing.

latest

"Would you put that bloody thing down? I just awoke here and I'd rather not have to deal with you ogling some tiny cretin."

@Crow @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Libra matched Lindel's frown with his own. "Yes...I'm afraid so. What's worse, an old friend of mine is here as well, and..." He looked around. "...children. Far too many children for a place such as this." Speaking of...he would approach Miki, a gentle smile now on his face. "I fear none of us know where we are, my child," he said. "But it will be all right, as long as we stay together. I am sure your friends will be found soon."

@Takumi @Ver

---

"Oh no, sir, you don't get it. I ALWAYS trip. Really embarrassing, but it seems to be my defining character trait, even now."

@thatguyinthestore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back