Not open for further replies.
6yyHV5v.jpg

"Guys."

One word was all Ben Tennyson uttered.

@Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus

Ciel ignored Ben.

sorry but bitches who start shit get hit : |

@Crow @Alex Azure

"Now really isn't the time for this, children." Lindel spoke up towards Ciel and Kokichi as he stood near Ben, having been rather quiet for some time now. The chance to rest was greatly welcomed since he had to regain some of the energy spent with that spell back in that gross garden.

@Crow @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

"Now really isn't the time for this, children." Lindel spoke up towards Ciel and Kokichi as he stood near Ben, having been rather quiet for some time now. The chance to rest was greatly welcomed since he had to regain some of the energy spent with that spell back in that gross garden.

@Crow @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
"I'm simply not allowing this mutt to invade my personal space whilst I investigate the desk." Ciel replied, not even facing Lindel or Ben or anyone as he did so, instead continuing to search the desk.

@Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow

"Hey! That's not nice at all!" Sumia would stand between Ciel and Kokichi, crossing her arms. "No more name calling, Ciel! And DEFINITELY no more hitting other people!" Sumia probably sounded as intimidating as a teddy bear, but she was trying her hardest, blast it!

Libra merely sighed, letting Sumia deal with the children. In all honesty, he just wanted a reprieve from childish shenanigans. Instead, he took a place by Lindel, watching the group at the table. Hearing Grace's comment on the journal entry, he nodded. "If anything, it further justifies our bringing him to an end; it sounds as if he has tired of life already. Perhaps this is the Gods' way of providing deliverance...I wonder, though, what will become of this place, and his 'children', once he is defeated."

"Hey! That's not nice at all!" Sumia would stand between Ciel and Kokichi, crossing her arms. "No more name calling, Ciel! And DEFINITELY no more hitting other people!" Sumia probably sounded as intimidating as a teddy bear, but she was trying her hardest, blast it!

Libra merely sighed, letting Sumia deal with the children. In all honesty, he just wanted a reprieve from childish shenanigans. Instead, he took a place by Lindel, watching the group at the table. Hearing Grace's comment on the journal entry, he nodded. "If anything, it further justifies our bringing him to an end; it sounds as if he has tired of life already. Perhaps this is the Gods' way of providing deliverance...I wonder, though, what will become of this place, and his 'children', once he is defeated."
original.jpg

Ouch.

@Yun Lee

"I'm not sure we'll know or get the chance to find out." Lindel spoke up to Libra.

u8SLnpj.jpg

"Something tells me that you're going to be talked into apologizing. Best to do it now before it escalates into something big," Ben suggests with a rather neutral look that expressed absolutely no anger.

@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee

Lindel clicked his tongue as his attention was taken away from the conversation Libra and Grace were having.

"Best to leave it be, before things go downhill." he said to Ben.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Crow

As the group traversed up the wall, scaling up the castle (and inadvertently trampling all over the hanged paintings, no doubt), after what seemed like an uncomfortably long trek, the trip putting it into perspective how massive the mysterious castle truly was, the end finally came as they reached the very top of the castle, stopped by the ceiling. While it was impossible to reach the summit of the stairs below that would have led them to the highest chambers of the castle, conveniently, as it was, what awaited them instead was a door lodged in the ceiling for them to enter through.

Entering through it would yield yet another brand new locale, one in which they were all hopefully right side up again with that.

whGdW4CBQt6S_hT2ZY8fYQ.png

It was a place that resembled some sort of personal study, similar to the library from before but far more intimate, being smaller than the library and possessing more personal looking attachments.

The night sky and the light cast by the moon, reflected by the window, depicted a deceivingly serene scene, one that betrayed the chaotic evil that lurked around. It was almost easy to forget that just below sat a decaying village that finally hit the final nail in its own coffin, facing death as it suffered a grave attack. What a beautiful night to have a curse.

Stopping in the middle of the study, Constantine knelt down briefly, picking up what looked like a page torn out of a journal. As his eyes scanned the page, he read it aloud, little louder than a mumble.

rare09.png

"When I had awakened again, I was, once again, alone. And for a minute, I believed I was content. I believed that this cursed existence was put to an end, and humans would no longer torment me," he read from the page, pausing for a moment as he furrowed his brow, connecting the dots. These memoirs or whatever they were did not belong to Faust; he wasn't so misanthropic like this. No... In that case, it must be Dracula? Hmph. How troublesome.

After all...

"... But I continued living. I continue to exist, and once again, I am left with nothing. My servants are but shells. Children of the night they may be, but the music that is their howls fail to soothe me. Instead, they only serve to remind me of the darkness in which I live, the darkness that protects me from the light. Even my own son has turned his back on me. But Dear Maria, this was the only way. It was all for you. I know it cannot forgive my sins, but in the end... Is it I who is truly the sinner? Or is it man? Is it he who is the true monster? After all, man is perhaps the only kind of creature who would kill their own kind so maliciously... so needlessly. And it is only natural for a higher being to consume the lesser beings."

"If it is a sin to live as myself, then I have no need for such a God. He has forsaken his people, deceiving them with empty promises of salvation. But there is none to be found. I am proof of this godless state."

... John Constantine didn't come all this way to sympathize with the enemy.

Turning toward the group as he finished, wagging the page lightly, he let out a soft chuckle. "Before we move on, I think we ought to look around this place. Might be somethin' worthwhile for... our cause. 'Sides, after all that walking, we could certainly use a small break, eh? Catch your calm before the storm breaks and all that."

Before moving on any further, the study desk was probably the most eye-catching area to take a look at if one so desired. Otherwise, they were free to confer with each other and rest up.

After all, who knew when the next chance for a break would be?

If you'd even have a chance ever again.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone
The memoir actually made Siegward question his morals; he was an empathetic man, after all. However, he wasn't just about to abandon the mission. If the 'greater evil' wasn't found, he and everyone else here would suffer a horrible fate. He didn't know much about his companions, but he was sure that they too had some sort of duty back in their home world. As for Siegward... the Age of Fire depended on him, for he was one of the Unkindled.

This whole adventure was a tragic, terrible mess, but--

z0PExEd.png
"Siegbräu, anyone?"

Witnessing the quarrel, Siegward snapped out of his line of thinking (probably because he hated thinking about things like that) and offered his solution to the problem.​

Last edited:

The memoir actually made Siegward question his morals; he was an empathetic man, after all. However, he wasn't just about to abandon the mission. If the 'greater evil' wasn't found, he and everyone else here would suffer a horrible fate. He didn't know much about his companions, but he was sure that they too had some sort of duty back in their home world. As for Siegward... the Age of Fire depended on him, for he was one of the Unkindled.

This whole adventure was a tragic, terrible mess, but--

z0PExEd.png
"Siegbrau, anyone?"

Witnessing the quarrel, Siegward snapped out of his line of thinking (probably because he hated thinking about things like that) and offered his solution to the problem.​
tumblr_inline_okaqwknfMQ1sz8ftu_540.png

"I'm afraid that the young master is a bit too young to drink. However..."
Sebastian would conveniently pull a small glass out of his coat pocket.

tumblr_inline_n7qx7tL14g1sz8ftu.jpg

"I would like a glass, if you would be so kind, Sir Siegward."

@Otto

Siegward of Catarina
@Raptor Jesus
tumblr_inline_okaqwknfMQ1sz8ftu_540.png

"I'm afraid that the young master is a bit too young to drink. However..."
Sebastian would conveniently pull a small glass out of his coat pocket.

tumblr_inline_n7qx7tL14g1sz8ftu.jpg

"I would like a glass, if you would be so kind, Sir Siegward."

@Otto
"Hmmm... that's too bad," he responded, "You know, the drinking laws in Catarina are much less strict. He should visit some time!" Realizing that he had kept Sebastian waiting, he said, "Oh, pardon me, here."

eU0yXpK.png

The knight took the lid off of his travel mug and poured some of it into Sebastian's cup. "It's a Catarina specialty; I wonder how someone from different world will think of its quality..."

Last edited:
As the group traversed up the wall, scaling up the castle (and inadvertently trampling all over the hanged paintings, no doubt), after what seemed like an uncomfortably long trek, the trip putting it into perspective how massive the mysterious castle truly was, the end finally came as they reached the very top of the castle, stopped by the ceiling. While it was impossible to reach the summit of the stairs below that would have led them to the highest chambers of the castle, conveniently, as it was, what awaited them instead was a door lodged in the ceiling for them to enter through.

Entering through it would yield yet another brand new locale, one in which they were all hopefully right side up again with that.

whGdW4CBQt6S_hT2ZY8fYQ.png

It was a place that resembled some sort of personal study, similar to the library from before but far more intimate, being smaller than the library and possessing more personal looking attachments.

The night sky and the light cast by the moon, reflected by the window, depicted a deceivingly serene scene, one that betrayed the chaotic evil that lurked around. It was almost easy to forget that just below sat a decaying village that finally hit the final nail in its own coffin, facing death as it suffered a grave attack. What a beautiful night to have a curse.

Stopping in the middle of the study, Constantine knelt down briefly, picking up what looked like a page torn out of a journal. As his eyes scanned the page, he read it aloud, little louder than a mumble.

rare09.png

"When I had awakened again, I was, once again, alone. And for a minute, I believed I was content. I believed that this cursed existence was put to an end, and humans would no longer torment me," he read from the page, pausing for a moment as he furrowed his brow, connecting the dots. These memoirs or whatever they were did not belong to Faust; he wasn't so misanthropic like this. No... In that case, it must be Dracula? Hmph. How troublesome.

After all...

"... But I continued living. I continue to exist, and once again, I am left with nothing. My servants are but shells. Children of the night they may be, but the music that is their howls fail to soothe me. Instead, they only serve to remind me of the darkness in which I live, the darkness that protects me from the light. Even my own son has turned his back on me. But Dear Maria, this was the only way. It was all for you. I know it cannot forgive my sins, but in the end... Is it I who is truly the sinner? Or is it man? Is it he who is the true monster? After all, man is perhaps the only kind of creature who would kill their own kind so maliciously... so needlessly. And it is only natural for a higher being to consume the lesser beings."

"If it is a sin to live as myself, then I have no need for such a God. He has forsaken his people, deceiving them with empty promises of salvation. But there is none to be found. I am proof of this godless state."

... John Constantine didn't come all this way to sympathize with the enemy.

Turning toward the group as he finished, wagging the page lightly, he let out a soft chuckle. "Before we move on, I think we ought to look around this place. Might be somethin' worthwhile for... our cause. 'Sides, after all that walking, we could certainly use a small break, eh? Catch your calm before the storm breaks and all that."

Before moving on any further, the study desk was probably the most eye-catching area to take a look at if one so desired. Otherwise, they were free to confer with each other and rest up.

After all, who knew when the next chance for a break would be?

If you'd even have a chance ever again.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

With her hands casually clasped behind her head while she laid back on her slow trip floating up to the study, Zoe breathed an exaggerated yawn. "Yeah, well, maybe instead of moping around in his not-compensating-for-something tower and writing verbose excuses, he could've tried a little harder to avoid becoming a walking cliché-" the girl stumbled over her closing words as she peered into the study, and glided gently down onto her feet to walk the chilly stone floors again. With her head tilted up in awe at the captivating scene, Zoe coasted along, treading very carelessly through the study with her focus entirely distracted. Coming to stand beneath the shimmering silver shadow of the moon; the celestial body trapped within the simple window frame that loomed high above; the ages old aspect of mischief was enthralled, bearing a smile so bright it reflected the moon's light right back. After a quick look for a seat, Zoe bounded towards the desk everyone just happened to be gathering around, and sat cross-legged on top of it, tuning out everyone's bickering to instead enjoy the twinkling of the stars.

Mike and Josh

Josh also decided to investigate the desk, though staying away from the side that Ben, Ciel and the other guy were looking. He also really didn't seem to want to get into an argument right now.

Mike turned over to Siegward and Sebastian. " I wouldn't mind some of that drink myself. After the night we had, things are not bound to get better," he honestly replied. He may not be old enough to drink, but he honestly had alcohol before and he was fine with it. He held his spell book that wielded fire close though.

@Crow @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Otto @Desk and Chilling crew

Siegward of Catarina
@Raptor Jesus

"Hmmm... that's too bad," he responded, "You know, the drinking laws in Catarina are much less strict. He should visit some time!" Realizing that he had kept Sebastian waiting, he said, "Oh, pardon me, here."

eU0yXpK.png

The knight took the lid off of his travel mug and poured some of it into Sebastian's cup. "It's a Catarina specialty; I wonder how someone from different world will think of its quality..."
Nodding, Sebastian would smile and tip his glass towards Siegward before taking a sip of the beverage. After said sip, Sebastian's expression would fall flat as he stared at the glass.

cVU8.png

"..."

Said expression would soon tyrn back into a smile, however, as he tipped his glass to Soegward again and nodded.

tumblr_inline_ojhojrAlbu1sz8ftu_540.png

"What a marvelous concoction! Do tell me more about this... Catarina place over this wonderful beverage."
Mike and Josh

Josh also decided to investigate the desk, though staying away from the side that Ben, Ciel and the other guy were looking. He also really didn't seem to want to get into an argument right now.

Mike turned over to Siegward and Sebastian. " I wouldn't mind some of that drink myself. After the night we had, things are not bound to get better," he honestly replied. He may not be old enough to drink, but he honestly had alcohol before and he was fine with it. He held his spell book that wielded fire close though.

@Crow @Ver @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Otto @Desk and Chilling crew
Sebastian would tug out another empty glass and hand it to Mike.

tumblr_inline_obd2dgVHrG1u8l5k4_100.png

"Here. You can't expect to have a drink without a glass, can you?"

With her hands casually clasped behind her head while she laid back on her slow trip floating up to the study, Zoe breathed an exaggerated yawn. "Yeah, well, maybe instead of moping around in his not-compensating-for-something tower and writing verbose excuses, he could've tried a little harder to avoid becoming a walking cliché-" the girl stumbled over her closing words as she peered into the study, and glided gently down onto her feet to walk the chilly stone floors again. With her head tilted up in awe at the captivating scene, Zoe coasted along, treading very carelessly through the study with her focus entirely distracted. Coming to stand beneath the shimmering silver shadow of the moon; the celestial body trapped within the simple window frame that loomed high above; the ages old aspect of mischief was enthralled, bearing a smile so bright it reflected the moon's light right back. After a quick look for a seat, Zoe bounded towards the desk everyone just happened to be gathering around, and sat cross-legged on top of it, tuning out everyone's bickering to instead enjoy the twinkling of the stars.

tumblr_inline_noaqhnG3tY1s2vzdx_250.png

"Get off the bloody desk now, you cretin." Ciel ordered, quite annoyed at everyone's constant attempts to impede his progress.

@Otto @Lucky @Ver

eo_Mat_J_RTx_n_Nl_VX0qouj_A.png

"Eh, what the hell, hit me up as well, mate," Constantine said with a laid-back smirk as he walked over to Siegward and others, certainly up for a drink. Between drinking and smoking, the Brit was truly a man of vices.

"Is it really a good time to be... doing that?" Zatanna asked with a furrowed brow, referring to both the drinking and bickering.

"It's just letting off some steam. You'll end up all sorts of tightly wound if you don't let yourself do it every now and then."

"Are you implying something there?"

"No, ma'am."

In any case, on the desk itself, it was filled with the belongings of one who could be described as akin to a mad scientist or some sort of old-timey alchemist. Vials, glass containers, beakers, and other material lay about, filled with liquids of God knows what. There was little telling how long they'd been there, if they'd been there for a long time.

Books also littered the table, filled with diagrams messily scribbled down, and crude drawings of pentagrams and creatures, like scientific journals, but among all of those lied a more personal looking journal, sticking out as the one having several loose pages sticking out of it, some even torn out in a messy manner as though in a violent rage.

Mike and Josh

Josh reacted rather quickly, pulling out the personal journal before Ciel could get to it hopefully. He was rather curious about it and he wasn't about to let anyone else read it. He wasn't sure why, but he felt that it could hold the answer that they would need for now. He opened it and attempted to read it.

Mike smiled. " Thank you for the glass. I forgot about it quite honestly. I am sure that this will be good. Besides vices might calm us down for a bit, a last drink of sort. Certainly not the worst thing ever," he said, waiting for Siegward to pour the glass.

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Otto @Crow @Everyone

"Eh, what the hell, hit me up as well, mate," Constantine said with a laid-back smirk as he walked over to Siegward and others, certainly up for a drink. Between drinking and smoking, the Brit was truly a man of vices.

"Is it really a good time to be... doing that?" Zatanna asked with a furrowed brow, referring to both the drinking and bickering.

"It's just letting off some steam. You'll end up all sorts of tightly wound if you don't let yourself do it every now and then."

"No, ma'am."

In any case, on the desk itself, it was filled with the belongings of one who could be described as akin to a mad scientist or some sort of old-timey alchemist. Vials, glass containers, beakers, and other material lay about, filled with liquids of God knows what. There was little telling how long they'd been there, if they'd been there for a long time.

Books also littered the table, filled with diagrams messily scribbled down, and crude drawings of pentagrams and creatures, like scientific journals, but among all of those lied a more personal looking journal, sticking out as the one having several loose pages sticking out of it, some even torn out in a messy manner as though in a violent rage.

Instead of going for the personal journal, as Josh seemed hellbent on getting to it before him for whatever reason, Ciel instead took one of the scientific journals, hoping that maybe it would provide useful information.

aL2Mc.png

"Well, a good butler always comes prepared."
Sebastian replied with a nod.

@Lucky @Ver

Siegward of Catarina
@Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Ver
Mike

Nodding, Sebastian would smile and tip his glass towards Siegward before taking a sip of the beverage. After said sip, Sebastian's expression would fall flat as he stared at the glass.

"..."

Said expression would soon turn back into a smile, however, as he tipped his glass to Soegward again and nodded.

"What a marvelous concoction! Do tell me more about this... Catarina place over this wonderful beverage."

Sebastian would tug out another empty glass and hand it to Mike.

"Here. You can't expect to have a drink without a glass, can you?"
Mike

Mike smiled. " Thank you for the glass. I forgot about it quite honestly. I am sure that this will be good. Besides vices might calm us down for a bit, a last drink of sort. Certainly not the worst thing ever," he said, waiting for Siegward to pour the glass.

"No, ma'am."

Books also littered the table, filled with diagrams messily scribbled down, and crude drawings of pentagrams and creatures, like scientific journals, but among all of those lied a more personal looking journal, sticking out as the one having several loose pages sticking out of it, some even torn out in a messy manner as though in a violent rage.​

"Wonderful! The more the merrier." He poured some of the drink into Mike's glass and then paused when he noticed that Constantine also wanted in on the party. "Ah--, hang on a moment... I think I have a cup here somewhere," he muttered as he searched through his pockets. "There it is!" he exclaimed, holding the cup high. It looked similar to his hefty travel mug, but it was much smaller and had neither a handle nor a lid. He filled the cup and offered it to Constantine.

Strangely enough, Siegward wasn't drinking with them. He had already drunk quite a bit earlier in order to bring himself up out of that terrible mood. He'd have to ration it carefully from now on.

"Anyway," he said, turning toward Sebastian, "Catarina is a beautiful place; there are all kinds of festivities and the people are the nicest you'll ever meet! Us Knights of Catarina are proud to serve and keep the peace. However, ever since the world was ravaged by a terrible curse..." He trailed off and suddenly became nervous. "Oh, nevermind that! We have more important business to be talking about, don't we? Hmmmm, we should come up with a battle strategy for when we encounter this Dracula fellow. Great planning begets great fortune, an old tenant of the Knights of Catarina."

2k5xB6M.jpg

"Hmmmmmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmm...."

Siegward was absorbed in thought.​

Last edited:
Siegward of Catarina
@Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Ver

"Wonderful! The more the merrier." He poured some of the drink into Mike's glass and then paused when he noticed that Constantine also wanted in on the party. "Ah--, hang on a moment... I think I have a cup here somewhere," he muttered as he searched through his pockets. "There it is!" he exclaimed, holding the cup high. It looked similar to his hefty travel mug, but it was much smaller and had neither a handle nor a lid. He filled the cup and offered it to Constantine.

Strangely enough, Siegward wasn't drinking with them. He had already drunk quite a bit earlier in order to bring himself up out of that terrible mood. He'd have to ration it carefully from now on.

"Anyway," he said, turning toward Sebastian, "Catarina is a beautiful place; there are all kinds of festivities and the people are the nicest you'll ever meet! Us Knights of Catarina are proud to serve and keep the peace. However, ever since the world was ravaged by a terrible curse..." He trailed off. "Oh, nevermind that! We have more important business to be talking about, don't we? Hmmmm, we should come up with a battle strategy when we encounter this Dracula fellow. Great planning begets great fortune, an old tenant of the Knights of Catarina."

2k5xB6M.jpg

"Hmmmmmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmm...."

Siegward was absorbed in thought.​
9grKU.png

"Well, it sounds like a splendid place to visit."
Sebastian assured Siegward before taking another sip of his drink. When he suggested that they form a plan to defeat Dracula, Sebastian nodded in return.

0BZY5.png

"Indeed. A plan of attack is always most beneficial." Sebastian then turned to look at Zatanna and Constantine.

tumblr_inline_ojg0xxJmsu1sz8ftu_540.png

"Um, excuse me, but are either of you aware of any weaknesses that our nocturnal friend may possess? I presume that it's not the stereotypical wooden stake to the heart or bundle of garlic, correct?"

@Otto @Ver @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow

As the squabbles subsided Morte floated up next to Sumia. "Man that kid's a real jerk," He started. "If he was my kid he'd get a proper spankin' that he'd soon forget about. Or a time out...that's somethin' you do with kids right?"

@Yun Lee

"No, ma'am."

Grace meanwhile chose to ignore anything that went on around them and instead. The reading part was being taken care of so instead she focused on the alchemy set on the table. "Dracula seems to be quite the Renaissance man with a lot of iron's in the fire. Such a shame he seems to seek evil with everything he does."

View attachment 2196
"I'll say! Who knew children could be so difficult?" Well, boys, at least. Between Ben, Ciel, and Kokichi, Sumia hoped she never had sons! A daughter or two would be lovely, but boys... "I'm almost a bit relieved I haven't gotten married yet."

"Truly a tragedy," Libra replied to Grace's musings. "I would almost feel for him, had we not seen firsthand what he does to innocents." He doubted the image of those villagers burning in a rain of fire would ever leave him.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back