Briefing Room

Liam clenches his jaw with A sad thoughtful look in his eyes staring into nothing

I scoff slightly at the medic "I'm not goth, I'm just willing to complete the job by any means necessary. I'm not saying I want to, I said it was an option." I slouch back into my chair and listen to the commander speak, he being the only one I have respect for in this room currently. "See, that's what I'm saying, just cause we don't help a few people now doesn't mean that they wont be helped in the long run. It all has to do with cause and effect. Sometimes its better to sit in the sidelines and let people die, then to ruin our strategical and tactical advantage, which will help more people in the long run."

"We are definetily no SAS or GIGN thats for sure" Takoda kept his eyes locked at the map as he had done the entire meeting. "Night raid, deception or giving weapons to freedom fighters? all your ideas are so very dangerous. We are talking over 150 estimated men where ten of them are former military servicemen." Takoda massages his forhead with his right hand in circle motion briefly, he did not like this situation one bit. " Let's do some reconnaissance first, maybe if we are lucky we might be able to catch him outside his nest and blow him up together with whatever he's sitting on. For what we have there, is a hornet nest." With the last sentence he points at the map. "And so far i only have concerned my thoughts on killing this Sherif, adding in the equipment, we may as well just try and hijack on of their ships"

I shake my head a bit "Hijacking a ship will be pointless for us, as far as I know we have no naval base, so unless we have a a good hiding spot for it it'd just be a waste of time cause we'd have nowhere to park it anyway. I was thinking cargo trucks galore and maybe, if we're lucky, a cargo helicopter, though I don't think any of us can fly a helicopter... If he's outside the base, which is highly unlikely but possible I suppose, just take a sniper shot and we're done, if hes in the barracks like we think, then we can use the VX and gas out the barracks... We wont be able to confirm the kill or go into it afterwords but it'd be the safest way for us and almost a 100% guaranteed kills, plus whoever was in there with him."

"I would be against using chemical weapons, could put the children of the village in great risk. However that is definetlely the easiest solution we currently have. We could go that route: gas them like rodents and load one cargotruck with as much we can gather and leave the place in a state of anarchy. Mopping up whatever is left afterwards"

Takoda looks at the others for any reaction, to him chemical weapons are not just a cowards weapon, but a tyranns. No humanitarian, someone who fights for the greater good could possibly let him and this scandinavian actually consider this sort of plan without second thoughts.

I notice the discomfort the Greek displayed towards the usage of VX, it was quite obvious the her, the way he looked around, begging for someone to say 'hey wait a minute'... but she said nothing, preferring to rather see how everyone else would react to the mention of the VX. She shifted her attention back to the medic, then to the rookie, then back to the commander, who I raised an eyebrow at, giving him the look of 'They better be amazing at killing people...'

The commander steps in at this point, seeing a compromise that could solve the situation. VX is bad, but there was a way this could work to their advantage and have everyone be happy. "It can be assumed that these soldiers are bad people. They deserve to die. Gas works, BUT if we it on the guards and cause injuries to civilians, then itll come back to haunt us. My suggestion would be use the gas, but evac the civilians afterwards. Time it with the explosions of the dock and warehouse, and tell the civilians it was Sherif, jumping ship or whatever. Covering his tracks whatever story you want to spin, blame it on him. You kill the guards, kill sherif, destroy the drugs, save the civies AND have the potential to make lasting contacts in the area. Possibly even a new armed group supportive of us. Would that satisfy everybody?" The commander finished, staring them all dowm. He hoped this would be accepted.

OOC: Apologies for the awful grammar before I edited this XP my kindle did not like me typing apparently

Last edited:
I smile at this request. "Yes that does sound like the most excellent idea, I was thinking of maybe warning the civilians, but blaming it on Serif as well? Didn't cross my mind... Perhaps we could even convince them to tell us were other targets for us would be." I seemed to be pretty happy now, a large smile on my face, my eyes sparkling. "What do you guys think?" I turn back towards everyone else.

"Yeah that would be more agreeable to me, we all get the most of what we want here and wont lose much for it" Takoda says nodding his head. He felt more relaxed with the commanders more broad solution, sure it would mean a lot of work but he'd still do what he believes to be right. But his face had turned slightly grim, for he could not help having a bad gut feeling.

"So who is doing what and when?" Takoda says, much to try and continue the discussion and hopefully get rid of the nagging feeling inside of him. "I could try and move in from the sea, granted we know a little bit more of the security they have there, clean up some inside the dock and plant some charges here and there"

"I'm only here to make sure that we have the equipment to make future operations easier. I'm just your guy's loot detector, and possibly your negotiator should one of you get caught."

" I don't know how we can warn the civilians Nobody here knows how to speak Arabic" Liam shakes his head "I mean we could hope someone in the village knows English but that would be very unlikely from what i've read in the reports"

"Well, since we are timing the VX with the bombs and evacuating is after, I'm thinking that the explosions should give them enough of a push. Not sure about the blaming or future contracts though, since we can't really talk with them." Alain shrugged and added thoughtfully. "Makes the acting plans seem kind of dumb. What were we gonna do? Mime?"

"Alright, I'm making the plan now." The Commander spoke now, with an authority he hadn't before. He walked to the whiteboard, and pulled out a black pen, beginning to draw and write. "You will all be inserted near the oasis to the north of the compound. Takoda, Alain, you will move through the village along the coast, and when you reach the edge of the compound, Takoda will go into the water and swim to the docks where you will plant some of you C4 on the docks, and if you can the barges. Liam and Camilla will head to the northern perimeter of the compound. Perform recon, try and find an entry point, and if you can't you will attempt to enter through the front. You will be supplied with backpacks and indigenous clothes, which should help you blend in an conceal your equipment. Getting in through the front will be difficult, but remember that they are moving people and supplies through the gate, so there will be opportunities to get through, either as stowaways or as workers. Alain will also attempt to infiltrate the same way, communicating via radio earpieces. Once in the compound, you can either go after Sherif first or complete some of your secondary objectives. Takoda will attempt to recon the shore, and if possible move in to assist. Before you infiltrate, you will have to recon possible transport and escape routes. If you have no transport, once in the compound you must attempt to secure something, such as a cargo truck or jeep, even a boat. The VX gas is a real and possible opportunity, but remember when you use it to try and evacuate the civilians. This could even be by making explosions and gunfire, so that they run away. The pick up helo will be waiting around two hours away, so remember to call for evac some time before you need it. It has a loiter time of 30 minutes, and a refuel time of 20. If you miss your evac, you will have to wait 2 hours and 50 minutes. The evac time and place will be up to you, and this mission has a window of about 5 days. Recon, infiltrate, improvise, complete your objectives then exfiltrate. That's the plan. Any questions?"

I consider the plan for a moment, thinking over a few things, I then pull out my phone and quickly look something up. "There is a problem I can see arising... One is almost all of us are very western in appearance, which can be concealed easily enough yes, but another thing I see is all of us are way taller than the norm there... the average Egyptian height is 5 foot 2.... some of us are over foot taller than that, it'll be really hard for us not to be noticed as foreigners."

"Well if the two of us go with the plan of asking to meet and discuss business with sherif It wont be too much of a problem for us" Liam gestures to Alain and Takoda "Alian and Takoda don't even need to really be seen. If the two of us can get transportation we can probably get them into town and drop them off from where they need to be" Liam tries to get the commander's attention "Also commander I need to request A CD or audio book on speaking Arabic. I know I probably won't learn enough to be able to reliably speak to anyone in Arabic but being able to learn any words might tip me off on whats going on when we do infiltrate the compound"

"You'll just have to do you best to fit in I'm afraid. Try hunching over, covering your faces with shawls or bandanas. Liam makes a good point, if you go in as business men then you won't need to disguise yourselves. Security will be tight though, so you'll have to work around that. I'll get it done Liam. I suggest you also get a notebook, write down a few key phrases. Might come in handy."

Takoda raises his right hand above his shoulders "How long can we wait before having to strike sir? Is our window of opportunity big or should we go ahead and be ready by tomorrow?"

"You'll be ready and on your way at 0600 tomorrow. This is a small window opportunity, we have to exploit it as best we can. Its a rush I know but we cannot pass this opportunity up. In reality I'd love to spend a week or so casing the place out, but we simply don't have enough time. You'll arrive at 1100, though local time will be about 0600. Then you have 5 days to complete the mission. Maximum."

Back