[by invitation only] The Crow, The Owl, and the Dove - IC

Isla

The Crow, the Owl, and the Dove
divider%20top.png
THE STORY
One hundred years ago, the orcs led an attack the old kingdom. Dragons burned down many villages and one sorceress sought to rise above all. She was defeated, but many of the fantastical creatures were driven from their homelands and most became extinct. The humans sought to rebuild society with the remaining creatures and slowly, they rose to where they are today. Elves, shifters, faeries, mermaids, and elementals all living in harmony underneath their new king, Alick Lurus. Wyverns, incubuses, imps, and various other creatures of evil haven't been seen for years, but something in the wind tells everyone a storm is beginning to brew. A new threat is on the rise, one Alick can't bear to fathom.

RULES
1. Follow STC Terms of Service.
2. Be polite and courteous to your fellow partners!
3. Characters and players must be 18+ only. Please try to be diverse in age.
4. At least one post a week. You may post more, but be mindful of others.
5. Adept posting expectation. One paragraph minimum. Quality over quantity.
6. This is a mature rp, and as such, expect adult motifs and content. All sex scenes must fade to black.
7. No power-playing, god-modding, or auto-hitting, unless you are given express permission.
8. Real pictures. Anime and semi-realistic isn't allowed.
9. Maximum of three main characters.
10. Have fun!

STARTING POINT
When you first enter the grand hall, a wave of excitement and overwhelming tension rush simultaneously through your body, sending goosebumps up your arms. The grand hall is decked out in the colors of the house of Lurus- navy blue and gold. A symbol of peace and wealth. An attempt to ease the tensions between King Macaulay and Alick himself. Gold streamers are numerous, long, satin curtains line every towering window, and servants rush back and forth to keep the golden plates filled with croissants, apricot jam, apple tarts, chocolate truffles, mini salmon quiches, and various other snack foods. Tea and red wine are served consistently among the jostling and gossiping the nobles. The night is young and only time will tell if the strangers behind the mask come to a mutual agreement.

~Queen Reageant Andraste- Ballroom~

The doors swung open to reveal a masked red-headed woman as she stepped into the ballroom accompanied by two other seemingly beautiful women, pausing at the door that let them in. She scanned the crowd with her eyes, a pleased smile spreading across her ruby lips as she noticed eyes were on her. Letting the other participants of the ball have their little show, she straightened up even more.The woman stood at 5'10, dressed in deep green with a translucent veil that draped onto the floor from the skirt of the dress. The dress fell of her shoulders only to meet back in a ruffled collar around her pale, slender neck. She keep her hair down, as the red waves cascaded down her back, striking perfectly with the deep green. The mask she wore matched in color to the dress and only covered half her face. Who would want to hide all this beauty anyway?

Andraste watched the recognition in people's eyes come to fruition as she stood before them, her smile growing even more. Deciding she had enough of the crowd's ogling and stepped towards where King Alick sat. "I've come to bring you my respects and word of congratulations, young king." She bowed to them and rose with a showing sweet smile before nodding and heading back towards her ladies in waiting. "Darlings, go mingle for a bit. I think I want to stay for a little while longer." she spoke her voice low and smooth.

Walking away once more, Andraste moved herself to a more secluded area, grabbing a drink on the way. She knew her little contact had seen her entrance and had only hoped she seen her walk over here. There was no rush though for as much as Andraste enjoyed being the center of attention, she enjoyed have some alone time with a drink alongside her. She had to thank the builder of this building though for there were many areas in the ballroom where one could conspire without any hassle. Or to do other things as well, she thought as she noted a couple behind the curtain of one of the large windows in the ballroom getting a bit frisky. Ooh, how she couldn't wait to get back home and sate her... needs.

Last edited:
Emilia.png

It was grand entrance to that anyone would agree. The queen Regent always had to have attention. Emilia was used to the ways of the royal family, after all she shared the blood with them. as they entered the ballroom fashionably late all eyes were on Queen Andraste in her beautiful red gown the only complimented her hair too well. She along with the Queen's other companion Diana entered after that followed by a few more ladies in waiting. Seven steps behind, that's how far she always stood behind the elegant yet cold older woman unless otherwise instructed and today was no different, she kept her distance as the queen cleared the grand double doors.

Emilia stepped through the doors glancing at all the masked men and women. They were all dressed up as was she. Her beautiful white gown was strapless and hugged her figure well. The heart shaped bodice covered in feathers that extended down just over the top of the skirt. Attached to the back were two wings not too grand in size but still white and beautiful complimenting the rest of her swan inspired outfit. Her hair was done up and pinned with a few jeweled hair pieces and on her face lay nothing but a simple gloss of the lips, she was never much one for make up, and a white mask only hiding half her features.

she stopped just feet away from the throne as the Queen Regent approached her young cousin and spoke before returning and dismissing her ladies in waiting to enjoy the party. With an elegant curtsy she excused herself. Her first stop was to the king in greeting, another curtsy before walking away and being greeted by others. to each man and woman who said hello she curtsied and politely greeted them in return. She felt her legs would fall off, she didn't really care for all the polite speak, they were only being such a way because of her blood ties. her last greeting done Emilia let out a breath feeling more relaxed. She approached the table near the wall grabbing a goblet of drink.

"Seems like more people than one would expect," he quietly spoke. "That is a good thing I suppose," she sipped her drink and quietly leaned on the wall watching the men and women dance. The twirled as the orchestra played the music making her want to busy her fingers with something. Maybe she could leave a little early with her queens permission and spend it at the stables or practicing her bow.​

colleen.png

The next guest to arrival were Lady Ursula and her beautiful daughter Colleen. Both mother and daughter were draped in gold and black fabric but Colleen's dress was what held attention. Starting from the bottom her dress was a mix and black and gold that sparkled in the light. At the waist were golden flowers that went all the way to her sleeves and neck. Her mask matched the gold of her dress, with flowers of either side of it. The colors made the caramel of her skin pop and shine delicately in the light. Colleen's hair had been placed into a neat high bun on her head, with a pretty hair piece to keep it in place. On her face was a small, mysterious little smile. When the duo reached the new king they curtsied. "Your highness it is an honor to be invited to such a important event. I congratulate you on your proclamation as King. I send my best wishes for your majesty's success as well as his prosperity." Colleen straightened and with one last smile she walked off.

Colleen separated from her mother. The older lady was no doubt off to mingle with some friends of hers. She grabbed a goblet of wine from a passing servant. The decorations were beautiful as expected, the gold and blue going wonderfully together. Everyone was dressed up in their best clothing, she recognized some of them from her mother's collections as well as her own.

Last edited:
Edith.png

To be completely honest, Edith really didn’t want to come to this ball. All she wanted to do was sit in her room and drink some tea and watch people out the window or hang out with Reageant in her room. Edith slowly strolls into the large ballroom, her flowing red dressed with black trimming around it dragged be hide her. She’d huffed breathing air in puffing out her chest and put on a fake smile because she really hated these events but it would look bad if she didn’t attend. Scanning the room, looking at people with wonderful and beautiful dresses. But what caught her eye was her friend, the queen. Edith slowly stopped one of the servants who held the drinks and picked one up before making way over to her friend. ‘’ So are you bored as I am?’’ she’d whispered as stood by a beautiful queen who was people watching as well.

colleen.png

Colleen was surrounded by a group of younger people. They complimented her dress and demanded that she make theirs. The young woman only smiled politely and told them that they would have to wait like everyone else. Colleen was already up to her elbows in request. She liked to be fair so first come was first served as people said. After a while the she became a little bored, they acted as if she could just drop one client in exchange for them. Colleen excused her and walked over to the table where the light food was placed. She paused when she saw a rather stunning woman leaning against the wall. Her dress was simply amazing, she recognized it as a seamstress that was friends with her mother. Colleen walked over and smiled. "Good evening." She curtsied shortly before straightening. "Parties not your thing?" She asked as she went to stand beside her.

Colleen looked around and tried to guess who was who. She knew some of them because their gowns and suits had been made by her or her mother. Some had other distinguishable features, like a mole or the shading of their hair.

Last edited:
b92550b0d1.png

Diana hadn't necessarily been paying attention to everyone around her as she entered the ballroom behind the Queen Regent shimmering brightly in the color that reminded Diana of meadows. She gave the Queen a small smile when she dismissed her from her side to mingle among the other nobles and curtsied towards King Alick before leaving her spot to find someone she knew. The blues, greens, and purples of Diana's gown undoubtedly drew attention to her curvy figure and gentle almond-shaped eyes.

Despite the anonymity her mask provided her, Diana still felt like an outcast. She wasn't exactly the social type like most expected a fine young court lady to be. She was rather quiet and submissive, okay with speaking to small crowds, and people she knew, but shy around large crowds and strangers.

Luckily, she'd managed to find someone she was familiar with. She hadn't been quite sure where Emilia had run off to, unfortunately, so she would make due with some of the other lady in waitings. Diana scurried over to the edge of the long navy blue table decked out in golden platters to where Lady Simone and Lady Sandra were discussing the beauty of life and all things grand with three other men she hadn't seen before; Well, that was a bit far off from her observations. Everyone was wearing a mask, so she wouldn't have been able to tell if she'd seen them before or not.

"I enjoy this party His Majesty has thrown us. The red wine is grand," Sandra spoke, her voice sweet and thick.

"Oh, but imagine how it will bring our kingdoms together," Simone ravished.

"Indeed," one of the men spoke. A familiar voice. Diana trudged closer and tapped on Simone's shoulder, but not before one of the men noticed her approaching them.

"My lady," he exclaimed with charm, coming around his friend and leaning forward to place a kiss on Diana's knuckles. "Please join us. We'd love your company."

"Thank you," Diana responded, her cheeks turning red. It was a bit awkward, but being near Sandra and Simone made things feel a little better.

Emilia.png

Emilia was resting on the wall quietly when she was approached by a woman. From what she could see and her gown she seemed pretty. Emilia sipped her wine done observing her. She noticed Diana struggling, neither of them seemed to fit in well with this crowd, or so the beauty thought.

"Parties not your thing?" the woman perched beside he spoke.

Emila glanced at her once more and gave a small nod. "It's not that, just full of butt kissing and frivolous talks," she commented. "The women talk of nothing but finding a a well to do suitor and the men... well of nothing but bedding them and their riches," she sighed. "But you in such a beauty of a gown, it should be admired by all." The young lady gave a small smile, "you are sure to find a suitor in no time should you interact with them, up your status, have some fun." She finished her wine then set down the goblet. "Ah, but maybe you didn't come alone, beauties usually are taken..." she tucked some stray strands behind her ear.

colleen.png

Colleen agreed with the beauty beside her. While wanting a good suitor was not a bad thing, there was more to life than marriage and finding which person would benefit one most if they were to marry. "That is true. One can only take so much of hearing about how cute Lord Jeffery is or how Lord Aiden's eyes are the color of the sky. " Colleen's eyes sparkled and she stood a little straighter when her dress was complimented. She had worked very hard of the dress and was happy to know that all her hard work had paid off.

"Your dress is very beautiful as well...not one of my mother's pieces I see." Colleen looked over the feathered dress. It was stunning and she wondered just who had made it. The young woman let out a rather unladylike snort. She shook her head. "I am not interested in finding a suitor. What they want is a prim and proper noble girl, who would stay home and take care of their children or be arm candy. I have no interest in staying home and doing nothing ." Colleen sounded passionately as she spoke. "I would rather travel the world and learn. My freedom is the most important thing to be and it shall never be taken away from me. Not while I am still breathing." Colleen was silent for a few moments after that. When she was passionate about a particular topic the young woman tended to have a whole speech prepared for the unsuspecting person that she happened to be talking to. "I'm actually here with my mother. She loves things like this. And you?Who are you here with?"

Last edited:
Andraste noticed the arrival of Edith, but did not give her any attention as she kept her gaze on the frisky couple. "So lively, isn't it? Being young, in deep attraction with one another." She sipped from her wine glass, gesturing her hand to the couple she was referring to. "Reminds me off my youth." she said with a chuckle. "Ah, but it's in the past. They'll learn very quickly that love is a foolish concept. Once you age and lose your beauty, you'll be tossed out like a whore." She turned her sharp gaze towards Edith. "So, tell me my love, what do you have collected in that pretty little brain of yours."

The party carried on, some people whispering, others boasting. Diana was casually chatting every now and then, her gaze occasionally getting distracted the vibrant flashes of color; orange, yellow, red all at once. It was overwhelming. Her eyes traveled across the room to find His Majesty, King Alick toasting a silver goblet with red rubies to someone. Her eyes followed his; He was looking at his mother, Andraste. Diana watched Alick as he brought the goblet to his mouth and took a sip. Suddenly, he began to cough, red liquid sputtering out from his mouth. His eyes grew wide as his goblet fell to the ground with a loud clunk! He doubled over and Diana immediately shouted, "The King!" Everyone stopped what they were doing and the whole room began to panic. "The king, there's something wrong!" Diana rushed over to where Alick was as the guards came upon him. "Somes-" Alick tried to speak. He weezed, then coughed again, blood splattering on the golden floor. "Something... in it..."

@~Nemo~ @FrostedMonster @Eternal @Zephyria

Emilia.png

"I do not need attachments to attend such gatherings, though my mother and father would prefer I had one already," Emilia replied. "Neither is there anyone of interest," she sipped her drink once more before yelling could be heard. The voice was once she quickly recognized, Lady Diana, and at the word king she quickly turned to face her dear cousin the king who seemed strained and in pain.

"...Highness!"
she quickly pushed off the wall and made her way over to the king. She was stopped by the guards for a moment seen as a threat. Unmasking at the guards though got her through to see the male, after all her mother was the former king's younger sister. She dropped to her knees, "highness, is this...." she picked up his goblet and held it close. "You are talking about your wine?" She sniffed the drink nothing seeming off. "Your Majesty... we should tend the king call the healers," she held the goblet as she stared at the Queen.​

colleen.png

"Perhaps they are just looking out for you. That's what my father told me before he stopped trying to set me up with people my age." Colleen said. Her mother and picked the man that she wanted to marry. So why could she not do the same? When she heard yelling the young woman turned her attention to the commotion. Her eyes widened when she saw the king doubled over in pain with a red liquid coming from his mouth.

The young girl rushed over. She was stopped by the guards along with the gathering crowd. Colleen met up with her mother who had a worried look on her normally stern face. Colleen looked at the fallen goblet. Had the new king been poisoned? Who would do such a thing?

Last edited:
Edith.png

Edith looked over at the queen, who seemed to be in her own world completely zoned in on the couple. She’s been noticing that she’s been looking at couples a lot lately when she’s around her. Which are about three times a day? Edith can’t really figure out why but maybe she’s desiring that kind of love but even though she despises it so harshly. ‘’ Yes Love is rather complex and harsh. Full of heartbreak and hatred.’’ She responses, ‘’ But it has power don’t forget that it is great weapon someone can use against you but it can also be a weapon you can utilize.’’ Edith gripped her wine glass like the verge of breaking it. She slowly raised it to her red lips sipping it.

Edith has been around the queen for a while now and she has picked up on her quirks and knows when to get the hell of the room when she’s in an angry mood. People always tell she’s a fortune teller, which is true but she’s a people person and can predict what they are going to do next, based on how they act in the past. ‘’ Would you like for me to refill your glass.’’

"No, but thank you Edith. I won't be here for much longer as it is." As soon as she said this, she heard Diana's voice yelling from the distance. She stepped from her spot, gesturing for Edith to follow as she edged along the crowd that gathered in the sight of the choking king. Emilia had soon joined Diana and after she said some words began to stare at Andraste. She chose to ignore the unimportance of the girl's stare and kept her eyes on the king, feeling joy when he spit up blood.

Edith.png

Edith quickly followed be hide the queen as she saw the crowd, her eyes were all over the place. ‘’ Oh my…’’ she muttered her eyes looking down at the goblet that had liquid dripping out of it and then the king, his lips had a strain of blood dropping down onto the marble floor. She felt like eyes were directly at the queen. ‘’ Why would someone do this, this supposes to be a fun and festive party.’’

colleen.png

Colleen and her mother were escorted out by two guards after a while. She figured that the party was officially over now. The young girl was actually enjoying herself too. Now she would have to return home and hear her father go on and on about the man she was supposed to wed. It was been arranged behind her back, her father had betrayed his only daughter and set up an arranged marriage. If she could Colleen would run away at any given chance but alas she had no plan at the moment. The young woman realized that she had become lost in her thoughts. She focused her attention back on the situation at hand. "How horrible...who would poison the king on such a joyous day..." Colleen thought while frowning.

Emilia.png

Now the party was called to a close and everyone was asked kindly yet forcefully to leave the castle grounds. Though those who seemed suspicious were held back and taken away to be questioned. As a precaution Queen Andraste was escorted to her chambers, as were her young Ladies in Waiting. The guard Captain wanted to assure the safety of all the high class guest was a priority and done correctly with care. After that was put to rest and they were secured the servants were rounded up so that they could be searched and questioned thoroughly about what they served and who served the queen.

As she was escorted to her chambers Emilia worried for her cousin. She sighed and walked into her room. The young beauty quietly paced in circles, the king is poisoned and the Queen seemed not to care one bit, that worried her for his safety. She crossed the room and sat in the nook in the window staring out at the beautifully starred night sky calmed her. Maybe tomorrow the king would be better, by now Doctors, Healers, Shamans, and whatever else have been called to tend to his health and keep him alive. With a sigh she opened the large arched window a cool breeze blowing in. "I should get changed..." she mumbled leaning into the wind. "But I am too tired and it has been a stressful night..." she yawned stretching her hands over her head.​

b92550b0d1.png

The next few days, everyone was scrambling to figure out what exactly happened to the King that unfortunate night. Many speculated it was King Macaulay, others suspected it was an associate of his. The village was distraught, but the guards continued to reassure everyone that everything was fine, but His Majesty was sick and the physicians tried to do everything they could in order to cure him. They'd managed to get most of the poison out of him, but some still lingered deep within. Queen Andraste and her ladies were to be escorted to an estate near Littlemire for protection.

Diana wasn't the least bit of happy about the arrangements. "Why are we leaving Solgren again?" she questioned aloud as her and the ladies in waiting packed up Andraste's clothing in a chest. Diana folded a beautiful red silk nightgown in half and placed it gently in the chest. "This city provides far more protection than an area near a village." She shook her head, disappointed. "There's walls here, high walls to protect us from any attacks. Why would somewhere far away provide us more protection?"

Emilia.png

Emilia sighed and quietly stared out the window. She understood it was for protection but she still worried for her dear cousin the King. She packed up her things making sure it was all neat. "This is all too much, the king should be moved not us," she mumbled. "I would consult Her Highness... but she seems not to care," she frowned. "Maybe I can find it on my own a cure that is..." the thought came to her. "That's more than most." She smiled and gave a small nod. Emilia walked to her wardrobe and reached in the back of it. She packed her bow a few arrows and her quiver.​

Back