1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.

Calamitous Reprise

Discussion in 'Convergence In-Character Forums' started by Yun Lee, Jun 4, 2018.

  1. Yun Lee

    Yun Lee Luminary of the Stars The Convergence Series GM

    (Sign-ups/OOC Thread here!)

    ---

    Day One

    “Reawakening”

    ---



    It comes for you without warning. You’re perhaps out with friends, or home alone, possibly in the middle of a fight, or even asleep. It doesn’t care. It still comes to you, no matter what you’re doing. And the second it arrives, you’re helpless to it.​

    It starts with mild annoyance. You remember something you dislike, and it puts you into a bad mood. A smell that makes you nauseous, an animal that you find obnoxious, a food that didn’t taste good…it popped into your head and wouldn’t leave. That doesn’t seem odd at all, everyone gets intrusive thoughts from time to time. But then, it starts to expand and fester. Other things come to mind-people who rubbed you the wrong way, a bad experience you’ve been unable to move on from, a nightmare that still haunts you to this day. Your heart beats faster. Your breath gets heavier. You feel more than annoyed now; you may feel sad, ashamed, frightened, angry, or some other negative emotion. But whatever you feel, it’s strong. It won’t go away. But you don’t care. You can’t! Your feelings have taken you over, pushing all rational thought aside.​

    And then...then it gets worse. You remember something that you hate, more than anything in the World. What is it? What do you hate? Do you have an arch nemesis that drives you to the brink of madness? Does the injustice and cruelty of the world make you sick to your stomach? Everyone hates something, no matter how good a person they are. There is always hatred to be exploited and shaped into a lethal weapon, one that can turn the most well-intentioned into a complete monster. And that is it: hatred found you, and it came for you, and you were now at its complete mercy. Hatred fills your mind, your body, your soul. Hatred for this one thing grows into hatred for many things, then hatred for everything...and then it becomes nothing but pure hatred. You can’t hate anything in particular now, because all you can do it hate. Hate indiscriminately, hate irrationally, no other emotion exists but hatred. All you want to do is destroy what you hate. Maybe you lash out at someone nearby, or try to destroy the room you’re in, or toss violently in your sleep. Whatever it is you do, though, it doesn’t last long. In a matter of seconds, your vision goes black, and you lose consciousness. All that hatred is far too much for you to handle.​

    To an outsider, they see something you do not. A toxic vortex of black and pink sludge spirals around you like a tornado, trapping you into an orb and closing in on itself. It takes less than half a minute for this to happen, and then...you’re gone.​

    ---


    Knock, knock.

    The door opens, and she smiles at her visitor. “Good morning! How are you today?”

    She’s so sunny and bright, it’s impossible to tell how she really feels, but he has a keen eye. The bags under her eyes are visible underneath the makeup. He knows she probably isn’t really all that happy. How could she be? She’s probably nervous, afraid that everything will go wrong. Considering the situation they’re in, though...that doesn’t surprise him. Hell, he’s a little nervous, too. But he’s better at hiding it.​

    “Mornin’. Sleep well?” He knows the truth, and he knows she’s going to lie.​

    She nods, smile not leaving her face. “Uh-huh! All rested up for the big day!”

    He still can’t believe what an amazing liar she is. Smiling in the face of everything going wrong, that’s an art form she’s perfected better than anyone, even the people he knew. And considering the people he knew, that said something. But considering who she was, it made sense that she would be good at that.​

    “I’d ask you if you slept well, but...you know.”

    He nods, giving her a small smile to help her feel at ease. “Yeah. I know. But enough chit chat.” He steps to the side, as if to escort her outside. “You ready?”

    “...no.”

    Eh? “Oh. Well, uh…” Shit, that threw him off. She usually wasn’t honest like that, even alone. “I mean…” He rubs the back of his neck. Comfort was NOT his strong suit. “If you feel, I dunno, weird about all this, I, uh, am here and, uh-"

    “Oh! No no, you misunderstand, dear.” She blushes in embarrassment, and he gets a bit flustered. He’s not attracted to her at all in that way...but damn, she’s beautiful. “I’m not going to meet them.”

    “What? Why?”

    Her smile falters ever so slightly, and she shifts her weight awkwardly, fiddling with the hem of her dress. “I...I had a dream, last night. There’s something I need to do...alone.”

    He raises his eyebrows, but says nothing. He gets it. She has to be vague, or he’ll listen in and ruin everything. His spies are everywhere, as persistent as flies and every bit as obnoxious. “...Sure thing. You sure you’ll be fine on your own?”

    She smiles, a genuine one, and that alone reassures him before her words do. “We both know I’ve handled far worse,” she replies.​

    He nods. “‘Kay, then. Take care. ....and, uh, stay safe, too, yeah? Last thing we need is you dying on us.”

    She giggles. That’s fine by him; he doesn’t want her to know he’s being serious. “I’ll be fine. I promise! Keep everybody safe for me until I get back, okay?”

    “Yeah.” He takes a deep breath, though he doesn’t need it. Turning his heel, he heads off, down the road to his destination. He doesn’t know where she’s going, but he hopes she stays safe. To lose her now, after everything they’d worked for...it could ruin jeopardize it all. But he put his concern out of his mind for now. There was something far greater on his mind.​

    Something that was happening right this second.​


    ---​

    Hey…

    …​

    Can you hear me?

    ……………..​

    Hello? Please, I need you to hear me.

    …………………………..​

    Wake up. Please, wake up. We don’t have much time.

    ...huh?​



    You open your eyes, and see nothing but blue. Your eyes adjust within the next few seconds, though, and you realize you’re staring up at a square ceiling, with blue lights shining down on you.

    [​IMG]

    You’re not exhausted or groggy; in fact, it feels as though you’ve just woken up from a refreshing night of sleep.​

    Good, you’re awake. I was getting a little worried there… What is this…? There’s a voice in your head, talking to you as if it’s your conscience. You can’t make out anything discernable about it; it feels otherworldly. Divine, even. And try as you may (if you try at all that is), you can’t talk with it. It seems this little conversation is one-sided. Go ahead and get up...but try not to get up too fast.

    It’s not like you can just lay here forever, right? You sit up, but as you do, you feel a dull pain somewhere in your body. Perhaps on your shoulder, your neck, your back...possibly even in multiple places at once. But that pain, wherever it is, vanishes in an instant, and touching or inspecting the area reveals no wounds or scars. In fact, you feel energized! I mean, you did just wake up from a nap, right?

    ...right?

    But wait...you’re not in your bed. Where are you? Well, a quick scan on your surroundings reveals that you’re sitting on a square made of some sort of beige marble. Surrounding the square are four blue walls of some sort of...you’re not sure. Energy, maybe? It’s somewhat see-through, though, so you can see you’re in some sort of larger room...alone.

    [​IMG]

    Don’t be afraid to touch that energy wall. The voice that’s been talking to you pops into your head again, as if knowing what you may be thinking. It’s harmless, and honestly? It's getting in your way.

    Maybe you hesitate, or maybe you eagerly touch the wall. No matter when or how you do it, the second your fingertip touches the wall, it breaks away all around you, becoming floating shards of energy that fly outwards before vanishing into thin air.

    [​IMG]

    Now you can get a better look at this place you’re in.

    [​IMG]

    It’s a rather large room, surrounded by a pool of clear water on both sides, with marble walls adorned with glowing blue constellations. Down the steps in front of you is a platform with a treasure chest, and even further down is a strange cylinder.​

    Don’t worry about that cylinder for now. All it’ll do is take you outside, and some of you might not want to do that.

    Wait...some of you? Weird...you’re completely alone in this room! Could it be this voice is communicating with more people than just you? God, this is all so confusing... Look, just focus on that treasure chest. It has everything you need, and once you open it, I’ll let you know what to do next. Just make sure you hurry...we have a lot of work to do.

    Well...it's not like you have any more options here. Might as well humor this voice of yours...whoever it is.

    ---

    Day One Evening Update

    Day Two

    Day Two Evening Update

    Cast List:

    @Atomic Knight as Asher Forrester (Game of Thrones) and Teruteru Hanamura (Danganronpa)
    @Alex Azure as Akane Owari (Danganronpa 3)
    @Archmage Jeremiah as Rex and Nia (Xenoblade Chronicles)
    @Crow as Yuuki and Kokkoro (Princess Connect! Re: Dive)
    @CrunchyCHEEZIT as Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) and The Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter)
    @Donder172 as Agent 47 (Hitman) and General Grievous (Star Wars Clone Wars 2003)
    @Glostechk as Bitch Pudding (Robot Chicken)
    @Gummi Bunnies as Nadeshiko Kagamihara (Yuru Camp) and Ellie Phimister (Deadpool)
    @Hahli Nuva as Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
    @Jeremi as Linkle (Hyrule Warriors) and Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones comics)
    @Josh as Superboy (Prime Earth DCU)
    @Kaykay as Wakaba Nogi (Nogi Wakaba is a Hero)
    @Khan of the Mardu as Jin (Samurai Champloo)
    @Krieg as Diana of Themyscira (Wonder Woman)
    @Lucky as Peter Parker (MCU) and Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
    @MelodyMeister as Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
    @Minerva as Selesia Upitira (Re:Creators) and Celica (Fire Emblem)
    @Neko Shogun as Mantis (Guardians of the Galaxy)
    @Otto as Darius (League of Legends)
    @Raynar Saassin as Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
    @Siege as Shallot (Dragon Ball) and Akuma(Street Fighter)
    @Space_Candy as Thor Odinson (MCU)
    @Takumi as Silque (Fire Emblem) and Azel Halgal (Otoyomegatari)
    @ThatAverageGuy as Futaba Sakura (Persona 5)
    @Ver as Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
    @York as Enu (RiME)
    @Yun Lee as Kaito Momota (Danganronpa V3)​
     
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. Hida Tomonatsu

    Hida Tomonatsu Hida Bushi

    What was it that Jin hated so dearly that led him to this place? For a few moments, as he laid there with his glasses already resting before his eyes as he squinted at the bright lights, he couldn't help but ponder that question while listening to the voice as well. It hadn't responded to his brief question of where he was; perhaps it was just a delusion within his mind, one caused by hunger as he traveled the old road back to Edo, hoping to find the one he had left behind. No. Such a thing wouldn't be able to push him to move, to grimace through the ache of his stomach where he had executed his master's final technique just weeks before.

    It was something of power... one that had brought him here alone, without his blades as he found neither part of his daisho on his hip or beside him on the resting platform. All he could do for now was follow its instructions, knowing the current stations of power. He was less than it and the strange energies of this place, what seemed to be a temple of arcane design. Had the monks who organized the Christians of Japan in open revolt founded another hidden catacomb to fester? It did not seem likely... and if they had, they would rather kill him rather than take him alive.

    So for now, he had to trust the voice. A strange circumstance indeed, finding himself beholden to an intangible drive once again. To have to follow something so similar to that which he hated.

    "Hmph. Those two would find this funny somehow... or he would simply see it as annoying,"
    He muttered aloud, recalling the two vagabounds who once traveled with him and that he now considered his dearest companions, before approaching the treasure chest as the voice commanded. Kneeling to one leg and carefully appraising the box to hopefully discover any traps set in it, Jin finally opened the chest to take stock of what laid within it.

    @Yun Lee
     
  3. Ver

    Ver Endearing Misanthrope The Convergence Series GM

    Guy Cecil: Prologue - Back into the Abyss



    [​IMG]

    "... Hrm. This is certainly a predicament alright. Dear, dear. And not a single soul to keep me company while I'm at it. Or is there?"

    How long had it been since that grand adventure? How long had it been since he traveled every stretch across Auldrant, between Kimlasca-Lanvaldear to Akezeriuth and beyond? A year? Surely no more than two years... and yet, it felt like an eternity. It was funny, but it was also rather depressing. Guy Cecil felt a little guilty to find himself reminiscing on the days that were frankly quite awful in every sense, remembering everything that had happened, but... Here he was. Before, between, and after his grand journey, life just went on. Humdrum, comfortable life.

    Of course, he kept in touch with the friends he'd made along the way, such as Natalia, Tear, Jade, and... uh, Anise? But even so, there was at least one thing he was waiting for. Waiting for someone to come back to him. It would be a long wait, but he'd be patient for that person. Even if he was always quite a pain in the neck.

    But that's back there, and this is here, wherever here is.

    The instant Guy woke up, recalling the fleeting memories of his adventure dissipate like a dream, he knew that he was far from home, but how did it happen? Where even was he? It was all a so very sudden exodus, one that the blonde young man wasn't exactly mentally prepared for. He cocked his head to every side, only to find himself alone. It was a bit chilling to see him completely isolated from anyone else, especially since he was so used to good company. And to begin with, it was all so sudden. But there were no answers. Not even from the imposing voice within his head that he felt he could not reach. Like a goddess to a subject.

    His body felt as though it were on auto-pilot, his lightly groggy mind leaving it all to the strange voice conversing with him, requesting him to open the chest. Almost to a careless degree, he obliged, finding that he had no other option, the young swordsman raising his foot and kicking open the chest to see what was inside.​
     
    Takumi likes this.
  4. Crow

    Crow SURPRISE

    Prologue
    Let's Dive! ... again?




    [​IMG]
    "Master? Master... where are you?"

    Kokkoro was confused as she woke up. The young member of the elf race felt pain and stiffness as she rose, but that shortly vanished.

    She wasn't sure how she got here. Prior to this, she was helping her Master out with shopping before a light hit them.

    "I'm really worried about him... especially considering the fact that neither Lady Pecorine or Lady Kyaru are there to look over him..."

    Kokkoro speaks up to the voice.

    "I demand to see my master. Please, return me to him."

    No avail. The voice wasn't responding.

    Kokkoro was one to notice her Master first, and her-

    "My weapon, it's gone! This cannot be good. The gift from the elders, gone in an instant, just like that? No, there is no way I can be that careless, someone that careless can't serve Master..."

    Kokkoro trudges forward, tapping the barrier with her finger as it shatters...




    [​IMG]
    "..."

    Yuuki rose and looked around. He felt around his body, noticing that the broadsword he normally carried was gone. In addition to that, none of his fellow Guild members were there.

    Last thing he remembered was getting sucked into a great light while shopping. Every time something like that happened, Ames would appear before him and present him dreams linked to his lost memories.

    But where was Ames? Where was the fountain she stood in front of? Something was not right.

    "..."

    Yuuki stood up, stretching about as he walked towards the barrier, tapping it as it shattered...




    While they were in seperate rooms altogether, Yuuki & Kokkoro's actions were one and the same. They both approached the chest before them and opened it.

    "Here I go!"
    "..."

    @Yun Lee
     
  5. Siege

    Siege One Part Saiyan, One Part Demon

    Shallot
    Shallot hadn't even remembered what made him angry in the first place... oh wait... yes he did, that bastard Raditz. That memory was fresh in his mind. Raditz destroying an entire city, just to find him, Zahha, and Gohan... That's what made him angry. But.... but why did it last? It was a thing of the past for him and he had no reason to remember it again.

    Okay, focus on the here and now... this room was blue, that was obvious. There was somewhere that a voice emanated, however it didn't seem to come from the other person in the room... that wasn't even there... Huh... the treasure chest huh? Good, some cash! Shallot bolted for the chest, opened it...

    Only to find a sword, a shield, a bow, and fire arrows.

    "What the hell kind of trick is this!?" Shallot shouted, his hot headed mentality obviously still around. "I don't need this crap!" To prove it, Shallot tried firing a ki blast... only for nothing to happen. "THE FUCKING HELL!? My powers are gone! Fuck.... alright..." Shallot said, equipping the loot from the chest. "Huh... okay, this don't feel as stupid as I thought..." Shallot said. Now to figure out where the hell he was.

    Akuma
    Akuma knew what made him angry, hell, he was always angry in rage thanks to the Satsui No Hadou... but how did he black out from it? He now found himself here... where the heck was this place? Something about a treasure chest... oh well, might as well. He walked up to the chest and found a Stone Smasher, a bow, and fire arrows... hm... interesting... equipping this Gear, Akuma realized most of his powers were gone... sorcery of some sort. He looked around. There were no people in the room. "Hmph..." was all Akuma could say on this matter.

    @Yun Lee
     
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  6. Raynar Saassin

    Raynar Saassin Multiverse RP'er Halo Humans vs Covenant GM

    Lady Lyndis's Prologue - The Sacaen Noblewoman - A Congratulations gone wrong.

    Elibe. The home of five countries that had been terrorised by the threat of the Dragons returning. Until of course the aid of three noble heroes and a group of warriors went to the area known as Dragon's Gate and eliminated the one known as Nergal, as well as sealing off the Gate permanently. But the one that was about to be taken into a entirely new world is the one known as Lady Lyndis of Sacae.

    [​IMG]

    Her story takes place in the country known as Lycia, more specifically in the city known as Ostia, famed for it's fortress being nigh impenetrable. After the defeat of Nergal, The one known as Hector who was one of the three heroes was having his ceremony to become the new ruler after his brave heroics and his brother; the previous ruler's passing. As they were close friends, Lyn had attended his ceremony alongside the ruler of Pharae, Eliwood.

    "Lyn! So glad you could make it to the ceremony. I thought for a moment you were to stay in Sacae like you said you would." "Of course. I wouldn't miss my friend's ceremony, not after the adventure we went through to save Elibe. I also invited Eliwood too." "Hey there Hector, congratulations on becoming the new Marquess of Ostia. Apologies to hear about your brother's passing." "Ah, that's water under the bridge. I've had my time to mourn his passing, and I know that I will make him proud as the new Marquess." "Well, hopefully we'll get a nice amount of peace. We sure did risk a lot to defeat that dragon..." "I've been meaning to ask, Lyn, but what of Caelin?" "I've left it to my Grandfather, Kent and Sain. I'm sure they'll look after it while I help unite my people."

    That was however when Lyn was engulfed in a bright light as she suddenly vanished! "Lyn? Where did she go?!" "I don't know! Guards! Search the area immediately!"



    [​IMG]
    "Where... am I?"

    "And... where's my sword?" Lyn exclaimed as she searched high and low on her body for her Sol Katti. "It's gone... Lord Athos is not going to be pleased with me when he discovers I no longer have possession of the Sacaen Legendary Weapon..."

    That was when she noticed a chest in the distance alongside a voice in her head. "Huh... Who's... talking to me?" She scratched her head. "I guess I should open it..."

    Lyn then approached the chest and attempted to open it. What would be in it?

    @Yun Lee @Anyone​
     
  7. Takumi

    Takumi Member of the Yato Club

    (Part 1) Azel Prologue: Against the Batan

    It was a mere memory, seeming as if it happened so long ago even though it was mere hours, maybe even a day before Azel would find himself in an unfamiliar place instead of preparing to take his sister from the Eihons to ensure they kept the land and animals given to them from a wealthier clan. Standing in the stables with the horses after the Halgal clan met the Batans, apparent relatives of theirs that were allies long ago, Azel felt that they were simply using his father and the Halgal. After relations being all but nonexistent until now, the deal the Batan head had gave his father left a bad taste in the young man's mouth. Giving them aid so easily to return a bride to a man who killed his last? While giving them weapons that seemed to be Russian made? It was just far too easy to receive aid.

    "Joruk, Baimat...you heard their offer. What do you think?" he asked his cousins. Joruk glanced to him, silent for a moment.

    ".....I try not to, mostly. Not like I've got a say in it anyway. What the geezer says, goes." Joruk said, though it wasn't much of what Azel wanted to hear.

    "Come on Joruk. Tell me the truth." this earned both men's eyes on Azel, before Azel and the other, Baimat, glanced to Joruk.

    "Truth is, I'd like to slap the slimy smile right off that weasel's face.
    No such thing as a free ride, even a chump like me knows that." Joruk responded, hands on his hips. "This deal is way too good to be true. I'd grab those old fools by the shoulders and just scream, but they'd have my hide for talking back. Y'know, literally."

    "And you, Baimat?"

    "My feelings are the same. They see the bait dangled for them and forget the hook within." Baimat spoke. Azel listened quietly before speaking up himself, finally speaking his mind after his father had told him that he had failed him earlier in the day for speaking against his plan to ally with the Batan.

    "I thought that I should slit their throats here and now." this earned both of his cousins to turn to him, Joruk looking visibly surprised while Baimat remained straight faced.

    .....

    "That's a little dark." Joruk finally spoke, breaking the small moment of silence.

    Still, Azel had to make his point known. He couldn't trust the Batan, what did they give up for the large amount of weapons they recieved, likely from the Russians? There was a chance the Batan could betray them and he couldn't let that happen. He continued to speak, voicing these thoughts until Baimat posed a question, one that would earn Joruk and Azel's attention as they looked to Baimat.

    "So? What will you do? Talk is cheap, Azel."

    That question would be answered, once the Halgal and Batan were at the Eihon's doorstep...


    The day they began preparing to head out across the plains for the village his sister now lived in, Azel felt his anger slowly grow inside him as he stared at his father's back while getting his horse saddled and ready.

    He kept quiet though, reminding himself that the last time he disagreed with his father's plan to go to the Batan led to him not only being scolded and reminded of his past failure of retrieving Amir, but having brought shame to the older man and disrespect for even talking back to him.

    His anger grew, causing his brow to furrow. His horse sensed that something was wrong and whinnied in surprise as Azel blacked out and vanished. Azel came to, startled, at the voice in his head. Huffing he sat up and felt pain in his shoulder, that oddly didn't last long. Strange.

    Amusing the voice, he hesitantly did as told until he came to the chest, and opened it. Wherever he was, he needed to get home soon.

    "Talk is cheap indeed." Azel frowned, having remembered Baimat's words now of all times.

    --------------

    (Part 2) Silque's Prologue: The path Mila Chose

    This was the second time Silque had been kidnapped by Bandits and ruffians on her way to Ram Village, she didn't even know where they were taking her. And she'd never know, after being put unconscious by her captors until she started to feel...anger fester in her subconscious. To the point she started thrashing.

    "Hey! Stop her!" one of the men yelled, as two others went to try and subdue her, but jumped back when she got covered into some strange energy.

    "W-what's going on?" the first exclaimed.

    "H-huh?! She's gone!" another gasped.

    Upon Silque waking up she blinked, gasping softly. "Mother Mila?" she questioned in confusion. That...didn't sound like Mother Mila, but she must of been the one to bring Silque...wherever she was. Getting up, she did as the Mother--or whoever this entity was--asked and opened the chest once she got to it.

    @Yun Lee
     
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  8. Lucky

    Lucky I don't remember Names.

    Prologue- I Was Once Amazing

    Peter stared at Gwen's grave for what felt like the millionth time in his lifetime. No matter how much he tried to forget about her, to move forward, he always circled backwards to this grave. There was no other place he wound up. He had tried to be Spider-Man so many times, tried so hard to save the day, but he just couldn't. For each person he saved, he felt it was hallow compared to the one person who he couldn't save. " Gwen, I have really tried to go back to Spiderman, but I just can't. I can't save these people without thinking about you. I have basically retired, actually retire is the wrong word. Retiring would mean I never do it again, but instead I go off and on again. I come out when the city needs me the most and disappear during the calm and I don't know if I can do that again. Aunt May gets worried about me so much, but she still doesn't know. You know, I tried to go to college, it didn't go well. I couldn't focus. Don't worry, I didn't flunk out, I dropped... I just hate this. I hate myself."

    He wasn't sure why, but now that he said the words aloud they rang more true and he felt pain and pressure and then nothing at all.... it felt so good.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Peter groaned awake and looked around to see he was some sort of energy prison and just sighed and rubbed his eyes together and touched the shield and break it. He opened the chest to see what was in. Once he retrieved whatever was in, he would wait to see what the voice lady would say.

    Prologue- This Is New And Different

    Peter was playing Candy Crush on his phone on the top of his bed. He would have been out being Spider-Man, but Aunt May may or may not have grounded him after she saw him in his suit and also seen the videos. He would be able to go to school later today, but she wanted to talk with Tony about him being Spider-Man. He was getting really frustrated and really starting to hate the level that he was playing and for some reason, it reminded him of Flash and other things from his past. He wasn't sure why, but that was all he could think of before he couldn't feel anything at all.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Though Peter could tell he couldn't talk with the suit lady, it wouldn't stop him from trying. " So, I guess I should name you voice in my head even if you can't hear me. What should I call you..hmm… calling you Liz or MJ would be weird since those are real girls I know, calling you Karen would also be weird since that is Suit Lady's Name, I wouldn't want to make Suit Lady jealous, besides she has great dating advice. I think I'm going to call you Kate. Kate, this is honestly kind of new to me, but I trust you. After all, why would a voice in my head lie to me?" he asked, breaking the energy wall and going to open his chest. He hoped there would be more people soon, he didn't do well with isolation.

    @Yun Lee
     
  9. Yun Lee

    Yun Lee Luminary of the Stars The Convergence Series GM

    Opening the chests, everyone would find a set of weapons inside, which varied from person to person. You would also find a strange kite type object, as well as an odd rectangular item. It was made of the same metal you could see around the room, but incredibly lightweight. Those familiar with technology would recognize it as some sort of smart tablet.

    Good! You guys listened. Thanks. If you all ran off unarmed...we'd have serious issues here. Okay, let me give you a quick rundown of everything in here. First of all, weapons. Self-explanatory, use them to fight enemies. We have a LOT of them here. But don't worry! Chances are you won't meet that many of them...maybe. Probably.

    ...let's, uh, move on.

    [​IMG]

    That kite? It's known as a Paraglider. Super easy to use, and super useful around here. Just jump off a large height, hold onto that baby, and WHOOSH! you'll land safe and sound, with no broken bones...granted you don't let go, of course.

    [​IMG]

    And finally, that tablet is what we call a Sheikah Slate. It's a powerful piece of ancient Sheikah technology. You can use it to travel anywhere with a blue marker, or to take pictures. You can also use runes on it...though you guys can only use Remote Bombs. Sorry!

    Okay, now look at the screen on your Sheikah Slate. Turn it on, and you should be on the Map page. Sure enough, pressing a button on the slate reveals a huge map.

    [​IMG]

    This is Hyrule, the kingdom you've been pulled into from your homes. We want to get you guys back home as soon as we can, but it's a little tricky to keep everyone together unless you're, well, together. So! We have a meeting place set up for all of you in Kakariko Village, to the West of your map. Usually, there are two shrines right there, but...

    On the map, you notice that the two shrines right at Kakariko Village, Ta'Loh Naeg and Lakna Rokee, are orange instead of blue. ...they're currently unavailable. But that's okay! You can travel to any of the four shrines North, South, East, or West of Kakariko, and get there before sundown. Then, you can all speak to the village elder, Impa, and she can tell you all more. I have to go soon, but I can give you some tips on where to go:

    North is the Daka Tuss Shrine. It's up on the border of Lanayru and Necluda, located in the marshes there. Not too bad, there's really only a small climb to worry about. There may also be Lizalfos hanging around, so be careful.

    South is Ha Dahamar. That one's probably the best place to go if you want an easy time. There's a little stable there, and a road straight up to Kakariko Village. There's also someone waiting for you there-he was in a shrine, too, but woke up a bit earlier due to his, uh...physique.

    East is Dow Na'Eh. That one's located behind a waterfall, in a cave. You'll peobably use your Paraglider there, since the Lanayru Promenade flooded a few years ago. But be warned, a few monsters like to set up camp over there.

    And finally, West is Hila Rao. The roughest part is starting out, since you'll meet Magda, and...uh...yeah. Try not to upset her, and then it's a nice and easy uphill trek to Kakariko. And like I said, you'll meet up with Impa this evening, and go from there.

    Okay, I think that's everything. Tap on the shrine you want to go to, then you'll be transported there, no problem. Good luck, everyone. I wish I could do more for you...


    And, just like that, the voice is gone.

    (Please bold your choice!)

    @Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomic Knight @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Glostechk @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Krieg @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Neko Shogun @Otto @Raynar Saassin @Siege @Space_Candy @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @Ver @York
     
  10. Krieg

    Krieg New Member

    Wonder Woman Prologue
    Ares Rides


    [​IMG]

    "...But I don't make them use them. They start their wars on their own..."
    -
    "...You are but a child, wading through storms of steel. How could you ignore it? Maybe you thought ending me would end all of this, yes?"
    -
    "When the dust settles, whom do you think will really win at the end of this, guardian of mankind?"

    "ARES!"

    She woke in a startle. It had to had been at least twenty years since Ares was vanquished, but to Princess Diana, it felt like only mere days ago. Her mind felt troubled and uneasy after the shallow victory, the last of the Old Gods left with a broken heart and a disturbed mind. Nightmares scarred the Greek heroine, recalling the face of her beloved Steve along with the Belgian innocents choked to death by chemical fumes. Over the past few days, the dreams had grotesquely evolved into a seer's mind of pandemonium.

    The voice of Ares called to her, whether she stood in dark forest or humid jungles. Fury and war raged around her -- she saw soldiers in eerily familiar fatigues and uniforms running through grass and hellfire to brutalize one another. Another night she saw a man that looked like a pig wielding a sword and squealing inhumanely with glee. Another night she kicked and thrashed in a sea of mud and bodies, a miasma of pestilence sickening her in this swamp of the Salient. Another night she sat in trench, surrounded by half-blind, bloated rats big as cats and corpses that vaguely looked human.

    Something was amidst, she felt it. The wars and conflicts continued after Ares fell. She read the articles day by day. Eleven million dead in the Soviet Union. Stock market crashes as millions are left with nothing. Spain and China implode and rip themselves apart. The Germans, whom Diana thought would no longer be possessed by Ares, turn to a frightening regime. How? Why? Humans were pure, were they not?

    Gently, the Amazonian navigated through the darkness of her suite in Paris. Opening a pair of glass doors out onto the balcony, the guardian of humanity took a seat. A morning sun began to bask the corridors and streets of this haven of humanity -- a city enraptured with art and culture. Closing her eyes, the Amazonian for the first time in twenty years shivered. Not because she was cold or frightened of the challenges ahead, but rather, she did not know what challenges to face.

    Another war loomed like the last Great War. Only this time Princess Diana knew it would be so purposeless. It would be an annihilation crusade. She had to stop it -- she had to protect humanity at all costs, even if it meant protecting mankind from itself.


    A century of woe
    The child that never sees the cause of Man
    Just remember love is life
    And hate is living death

    ---

    "...What?"

    It was an abrupt entrance into seemingly a new world. Yet, Wonder Woman did not feel fear. The voice of what sounded like Athena or Aphrodite danced in her ears with no origin, being reminded of the old stories of legends she read as a child. A hallucination? No. No trickery of even her millennium old mind could conjure such vivid detail and distinct architecture.

    Feeling the shards of blue energy dance harmlessly away to her touch, Wonder Woman soon realized that this voice was not responsive. It spoke too...indirectly to her. Quickly seizing up to the chest, she opened it to find the contents within. Her eyes narrowed, a hint of determination in her soul. This begun her quest again, like all of the great heroes and heroines before her.

    "The Old Gods bless me -- this must be a challenge from them. Father Zeus, I will not let you down. I will save humanity."

    Arming herself with the strange equipment, the Olympian made herself towards the village, sprinting with vigilance and determination before plotting her next course of action. The sun shone above her, and yea, the heroine felt the glory that had to be won.



    @Yun Lee @everyone
     
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  11. Minerva

    Minerva Sealtiel, Intercessor of God

    Celica sat in prayer.

    Celica was the first to wake up. The room was quiet except for the splashing of water and the voice in her head. Was this the Mother Mila talking to her? She calmly and patiently stepped down the stairs to the treasure chest.

    When it was opened, she picked up the weapons, sheathing the sword and placing the shield on her back. She grabbed the items and prepared to head South
    Thank you, Mother.” she prayed as she left.

    Meanwhile, Selesia was much more eager. She quickly grabbed her stuff and headed to Dow Na’Eh. She was ready for a new adventure, and the Sheikah Slate reminded her of Sota’s cellphone in a way

    @anyone​
     
  12. Hida Tomonatsu

    Hida Tomonatsu Hida Bushi

    The kenshin couldn't help but frown at the thought of using the tool to glide about. Were they really supposed to use such a flimsy tool to glide about? Then again... he had seen enough subversive shinobi use such devices to know they were possible. He would have to practice with it first; more importantly, where were the others in he was apparently a part of?

    Strange that they were woken up separately... he would need to find them first, to find strength in numbers. Despite not knowing them, Jin knew he would need to rely on them and provide aid in return. It was the simple fact of traveling as he did that one found themselves in strange, unfamiliar packs, wandering together for safety. Best not to gripe about it when he had not even met them yet. Hopefully, he would prove fortunate in having capable allies in this journey, ones who wouldn't abuse the bombs the voice mentioned...

    In either case, he affixed the nodachi-like blade to his hip for now while readying the bow and strange, golden arrows in a quiver slung over his shoulders. They would have to be his weapons, despite his preferences for a katana over a nodachi, let alone kenjutsu over kyujutsu. Trusting the voice once more, he studied the mysterious glowing tablet for a few moments, trying to understand how it worked before finally tapping on Dow Na'eh. He would clear a path for his allies who chose the same location, to ensure they welcomed him for his worth as a warrior and someone they could rely upon.

    @Yun Lee
     
  13. Takumi

    Takumi Member of the Yato Club

    Azel, after getting the hang of the Sheikah Slate....somewhat, decided to head East.

    Silque meanwhile, through a bit of trial and error decided to head South.

    @Yun Lee
     
  14. Crow

    Crow SURPRISE

    [​IMG]
    "A weapon, much like the one at home, a little top heavy, but this will suffice for now, fufufu..."

    Kokkoro was a bit astonished by the wide range of equipment, but took it in.

    "I don't know if I'll meet Master soon, but... well..."

    Kokkoro keeps her equipment, looking at the Sheikah Slate.

    "That's odd, I feel like I get the basic idea on how to use this device. Well, I'm unsure where Master will be, or if he is even in this world with me, but..."

    Kokkoro selects the Shrine of Hila Rao.




    "..."

    Yuuki tests the newly-found Claymore in the chest, swinging it randomly and feeling that it fit him perfectly, matching the sword he possessed back home. He sheathes it as he equips the other pieces of equipment.

    Without speaking another word, he ponders for a bit. He simply selects Dow Na'Eh.

    @Yun Lee
     
  15. Raynar Saassin

    Raynar Saassin Multiverse RP'er Halo Humans vs Covenant GM

    Inside of Lyn's chest was the Knights Bow and the Windcleaver Sword, which bared similar appearance to some swords she's used. "I guess I'll be using these... At least I have some experience in using these." Lyn exclaimed as she practiced slicing thin air to get used to the Sword. Once she finished, she grabbed the other items that were present and then opened her Slate and looked at the options before her. "I'll go to this shrine." Lyn exclaimed as she tapped the "Hila Rao" Shrine on the slate.

    @Yun Lee @Crow @Hila Rao
     
  16. Siege

    Siege One Part Saiyan, One Part Demon

    Shallot
    "Huh... cool." Shallot said. He soon looked at the tablet. South seemed like a good place to start, so he chose to go South. Doing as instructed, Shallot soon used the tablet to go South. He hoped that this went well for him.

    Akuma
    Akuma decided that he wanted a little challenge, to test out his new weapons. So he decided to go East.

    @Yun Lee
     
  17. Yun Lee

    Yun Lee Luminary of the Stars The Convergence Series GM

    As everyone began selecting shrines, you would begin to float in the air, body fading as you vanished. Only seconds later, you would arrive in your location, all items with you as you did so. You'd feel fine though...maybe a bit tingly.

    ---

    [​IMG]

    Anyone heading to the Daka Tuss Shrine would find themselves on a small island in the middle of some marshland. The land you were on was bare, save for a few small trees, and your Sheikah Slate pointed you in the direction of a nearby waterfall. Like the voice mentioned, you could see strange lizard-like creatures stalking about. Could these be the Lizalfos?

    [​IMG]

    @Krieg @North

    ---

    [​IMG]

    Ha Dahamar Shrine is in the center of a small pond. It seems you'll have to walk through the water to get through, but fortunately it only goes to your knees...granted you're around five feet at least, that is. Across the pond you see a road and a building with a strange horse effigy as its roof. This must be the stable that voice mentioned.

    [​IMG]

    @Minerva @Takumi @Siege @South

    ---

    [​IMG]

    Once you arrive at Dow Na'Eh Shrine, you can hear the waterfall right next to you. It's a nice cave, albeit empty save for some large rocks nearby. Just a ways down you can spot a tunnel, which according to the map will take you outside to the Promenade.

    @Minerva @Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Crow @Siege @East

    ---

    [​IMG]

    The scent of flowers pleasantly hits your nose as you arrive at Hila Rao Shrine. It's on a little island, surrounded by flora, with a neat little path weaving around towards a woman facing you all.

    [​IMG]

    "Oh my! So many of you at once! Please, mind the flowers around you! They just wish to live peacefully and unharmed!"

    @Crow @Raynar Saassin @West
     
  18. Raynar Saassin

    Raynar Saassin Multiverse RP'er Halo Humans vs Covenant GM

    "Oh, I won't touch them. I promise." Lyn exclaimed as she smiled towards the woman in front of her. "My name's Lyn, it's a pleasure to meet you. Where exactly are we?"

    @Yun Lee @Crow @West
     
  19. Crow

    Crow SURPRISE

    "... ?"

    Yuuki looks about at the various people, watching what they do. He decides to examine the place first.

    @Minerva @Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Crow @Siege
    @Yun Lee
    @East
    [​IMG]
    "I understand how you feel, Miss. Saplings or full blooms, flowers are fragile yet lovely."

    Kokkoro turns to the woman.

    "My name is Kokkoro, I am an elf. I believe you are Magda? You need not worry about your flowers around me, fufufu. If you wish for us to be gentle to them, I will be their friend."

    Kokkoro looks around at the flowers.

    "Lady Magda, will it be alright for me to sing a little tune for the flowers? I occasionally do that to my own plants."

    Kokkoro then turns to Lyn.

    "I apologise for not noticing you earlier. It appears that you have wound up here, much like me. Pleased to meet you as well, Lady Lyn."

    @Raynar Saassin @Crow
    @Yun Lee
    @West
     
  20. Hida Tomonatsu

    Hida Tomonatsu Hida Bushi

    For a moment, a tinge of worry entered into Jin's soul as he worried if the shift was natural or if it was a trap of some kind. Yet he calmed himself with the thought that, if the voice had wanted his death, it wouldn't have waited for him to use the tablet. It would have struck while he was asleep, not taken its time like this. Thus, he simply closed his eyes and accepted the teleportation, awaiting its results...

    Underneath the shade of his straw hat, his eyes opened once again as the soothing sound of a waterfall's rushing current assaulted his mind. It seemed he was still alive, standing before one of the shrines the voice mentioned... and now surrounded by others. His dominant hand rested near the grip of his new blade, ready in case they were hostile, but for now, he simply took in their appearances. All of them... well, to be polite, seemed like rather strange beings. However, one of them, a woman with hair of a soft red shade at least seemed to dress in a similar fashion to the gaijin who had begun appearing in Japan, and another with strange aquatic blue seemed to be some sort of priestess - comforting sights despite their odd hair colors.

    "You are the others the voice speak to then?" He didn't expect any of them in particular to answer; only hoping to gauge their reactions and see if they were sensible, "If so, you may call me Jin. It seems we are fated to travel together, our blades as one."


    @Minerva @Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @Siege @East​
     

Share This Page