Status
Not open for further replies.
Azel gave Jin a nod in acknowledgement, before he departed to join in the fray. Once the Red creature was frozen, Azel took the Knight's shield and rammed it into the frozen Goblin like creature, hoping to kill it and smash it's frozen body to bits.

@Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu @Minerva @Siege @Crow @East

latest

"Sorry, I'm afraid not, like they said." Silque replied, motioning to Shallot. "You can call me Silque, I'm not old enough to be considered a ma'am just yet." she chuckled.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Siege @South​

"Nice to meet you Silque. At least two people have told me his or her name here." Shallot said.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Minerva @South

tumblr_p893wjFiqL1xp4ruao8_100.png

❝ S-sorry... ❞ Nadeshiko sniffled, clearly convinced that she practically just killed a flower by accident. However, she wiped her tears away to hear what Kokkoro had to say.

❝ Wait... you can make the flower healthy again? Are you... a flower nurse then? ❞ She wasn't sure how you could fix a flower that's been stepped on, but her panicking mood was overtaken by a hopeful one. Maybe it was all good once the flower's been nursed back to good health then?

@Crow @Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Ver
@/West

pzvcvtE.jpg

"Fufufu," Kokkoro giggles for a bit, "I'm not a flower nurse. I'm a guide and servant. Watching over my plants hanging around the garden and the window sill is one my responsibilities though. It's nice to make friends, but it's also great to grow your own.

So, what are you on the other hand, Lady Nadeshiko?"

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee @/West​

pzvcvtE.jpg

"Fufufu," Kokkoro giggles for a bit, "I'm not a flower nurse. I'm a guide and servant. Watching over my plants hanging around the garden and the window sill is one my responsibilities though. It's nice to make friends, but it's also great to grow your own.

So, what are you on the other hand, Lady Nadeshiko?"

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee @/West​
tumblr_p89l8q1HLY1x0h5yoo5_100.jpg

❝ Me? ❞ For a simple question, she wasn't sure on how to answer that. It's like asking a preschooler on what they wanted to be when they grew up. Maybe she never actually thought about it ever since she started hanging out with the Outdoor Activities club.

❝ Um... I'm sorta new to it... but I'm learning to be a camper! It's a lot of fun exploring all sorts of new places, sitting by the campfire, getting souvenirs for trip back, and having friends around for the trip makes it a bajillion times more enjoyable! At least... that's what I know after camping with my friends after a few months whenever we get the chance. ❞ Well, that was the best answer she could put together, and she looked pretty happy with how she worded it too.

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee
@/West

"Hm."

3cd727ed4b2dc80aeffcbb68a76eecfa.png

A raspy grunt escaped the Drifter as he nodded at Diana's emboldening words. It did nothing to get any sign of encouragement out of the wayward vagabond, but he seemed to at least understand what she was saying. When the lizard creatures reacted to the group's provocations and moved to attack, the Drifter was just as quick to respond in kind. The arrow that came soaring towards him was promptly struck down by a seamless parry from the Drifter, who swung the primitive broadsword upwards in a wide arc, either slicing the arrow in two or deflecting it to another destination that wasn't his head.

In the same movement, the Drifter slung the broadsword along his backside and withdraw the bow and arrow strung there instead, bounding forward with a startling burst of speed. He slid along his knees and pulled the bowstring back with intensity - not precision. The range was enough to send an albeit wonky Shock Arrow soaring directly into the legs of the Lizalfos that had attacked him, hoping to leave the creature paralyzed by the electric current.

If that happened, then the Drifter would finish his power-slide by flipping back up onto his feet and drawing the broadsword once more, drifting forward and delivering a series of horizontal slashes across the paralyzed creature's legs, chest and head, before blasting the wounded target away with a lung-shattering kick.

The Drifter was indeed animated like he was some kind of machine, because no human impulse could be traced in his deft movements. Each one was calculated with survival in mind - to achieve the outcome where he could continue moving along. He wasn't even enraged or motivated by the sudden bloodrush of combat, unlike a certain Amazon among their ranks.

He was just looking to survive, that's all there is to it, really.

@Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @North

Meanwhile, at the West Group. . . .

FLASH!

"AAAAAAAAAA!"

THUNK!

Oof, fuck, here we go again.

A sudden flash of bright light denoted the sudden appearance of a small, diminutive warrior clad in bright cerulean plate armor to suddenly fall from the sky, as it were. Shovel Knight impacted with the sweet mother Earth just a few meters behind the Western group's congregation, driving his helmeted face into the dirt. The small transportation light that loomed over him wasn't done with it's drop-off - a Sheikah slate fell from it and harmlessly donked off of Shovel Knight's head, followed by a bow, some arrows, fun equipment, and a very heavy Lynel Sword that promptly crushed the small knight even deeper into the earth, forming a distinct Shovel Knight-shaped crater.

Shovel Knight weakly lifted his head from the dirt, vigorously shaking the soil off of his horns. "When she said there would be transportation, that wasn't what I expected! Curse me for listening to voices in my head, I suppose."

With a deft jump that seemed impossible for how heavy plate armour should generally be, Shovel Knight landed on his feet and holstered the Lynel Sword across his back, surveying the landscape before spotting the group ahead. The small knight rushed forward excitedly, raising a hand in the air to hail them. It seemed as if he didn't notice that they're just as foreign to Hyrule as he was.

"Hail, travelers! Apologies for interrupting your conversation, I just need to know which way it is to Kakariko village?"
As he spoke, Shovel Knight drew forth the slate and inspected the map.

706d4a173ebea8f7940ee6fb691dbc07.png

"Hrm, this land seems much more complicated than what I may be accustomed to. Do any of you happen to know the best path? --oh, also, have any of you happened upon a. . .drifter? Tall fellow, wears a red cloak and a bandana? He's a. . .er. . .good friend of mine."

"I think."

The tiny knight looked up at the tall strangers with hope, expecting some kind of answer.

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @West

tumblr_p89l8q1HLY1x0h5yoo5_100.jpg

❝ Me? ❞ For a simple question, she wasn't sure on how to answer that. It's like asking a preschooler on what they wanted to be when they grew up. Maybe she never actually thought about it ever since she started hanging out with the Outdoor Activities club.

❝ Um... I'm sorta new to it... but I'm learning to be a camper! It's a lot of fun exploring all sorts of new places, sitting by the campfire, getting souvenirs for trip back, and having friends around for the trip makes it a bajillion times more enjoyable! At least... that's what I know after camping with my friends after a few months whenever we get the chance. ❞ Well, that was the best answer she could put together, and she looked pretty happy with how she worded it too.

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee
@/West
"Hm."

A raspy grunt escaped the Drifter as he nodded at Diana's emboldening words. It did nothing to get any sign of encouragement out of the wayward vagabond, but he seemed to at least understand what she was saying. When the lizard creatures reacted to the group's provocations and moved to attack, the Drifter was just as quick to respond in kind. The arrow that came soaring towards him was promptly struck down by a seamless parry from the Drifter, who swung the primitive broadsword upwards in a wide arc, either slicing the arrow in two or deflecting it to another destination that wasn't his head.

In the same movement, the Drifter slung the broadsword along his backside and withdraw the bow and arrow strung there instead, bounding forward with a startling burst of speed. He slid along his knees and pulled the bowstring back with intensity - not precision. The range was enough to send an albeit wonky Shock Arrow soaring directly into the legs of the Lizalfos that had attacked him, hoping to leave the creature paralyzed by the electric current.

If that happened, then the Drifter would finish his power-slide by flipping back up onto his feet and drawing the broadsword once more, drifting forward and delivering a series of horizontal slashes across the paralyzed creature's legs, chest and head, before blasting the wounded target away with a lung-shattering kick.

The Drifter was indeed animated like he was some kind of machine, because no human impulse could be traced in his deft movements. Each one was calculated with survival in mind - to achieve the outcome where he could continue moving along. He wasn't even enraged or motivated by the sudden bloodrush of combat, unlike a certain Amazon among their ranks.

Meanwhile, at the East Group. . . .

FLASH!

"AAAAAAAAAA!"

THUNK!

A sudden flash of bright light denoted the sudden appearance of a small, diminutive warrior clad in bright cerulean plate armor to suddenly fall from the sky, as it were. Shovel Knight impacted with the sweet mother Earth just a few meters behind the Eastern group's congregation, driving his helmeted face into the dirt. The small transportation light that loomed over him wasn't done with it's drop-off - a Sheikah slate fell from it and harmlessly donked off of Shovel Knight's head, followed by a bow, some arrows, fun equipment, and a very heavy Lynel Sword that promptly crushed the small knight even deeper into the earth, forming a distinct Shovel Knight-shaped crater.

Shovel Knight weakly lifted his head from the dirt, vigorously shaking the soil off of his horns. "When she said there would be transportation, that wasn't what I expected! Curse me for listening to voices in my head, I suppose."

With a deft jump that seemed impossible for how heavy plate armour should generally be, Shovel Knight landed on his feet and holstered the Lynel Sword across his back, surveying the landscape before spotting the group ahead. The small knight rushed forward excitedly, raising a hand in the air to hail them. It seemed as if he didn't notice that they're just as foreign to Hyrule as he was.

"Hail, travelers! Apologies for interrupting your conversation, I just need to know which way it is to Kakariko village?"

"Hrm, this land seems much more complicated than what I may be accustomed to. Do any of you happen to know the best path? --oh, also, have any of you happened upon a. . .drifter? Tall fellow, wears a red cloak and a bandana? He's a. . .er. . .good friend of mine."

"I think."

The tiny knight looked up at the tall strangers with hope, expecting some kind of answer.

"The occasional campsite tends to be a neccesity to my Guild as opposed to a pasttime, but it can be made fun," Kokkoro explains, "we are a four-member Adventurer's Guild after all. When we're not being true to our Guild name, Gourmet Food Palace, we'll often fight monsters and take on quests for food and money."

As Shovel Knight interrupts, Kokkoro turns to see the surprisingly shorter warrior.

o9fLSOy.png

"We are all currently headed there. You are welcome to join us."

Kokkoro shakes her head.

"We have not seen this Drifter you have described. By the way, my name is Kokkoro. What might yours be?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Raynar Saassin @Yun Lee @/West​

Dx_VWV.png

"A camper in training? I don't think I've heard of such a thing before," Guy commented as he walked along with Kokkoro, Nadeshiko, and others, resting his arms behind his head idly. Perhaps for all intents and purposes, this meant that she was... a civilian? Some normal person from a country off Auldrant? But even if that was so... She didn't quite look like someone from Kimlasca or anywhere else. Then again, the same could be said for Kokkoro, as he'd never heard of her... gourmet guild before, or--

THUNK!

image.png

"Wh--?!"

Guy was visibly surprised when the Shovel Knight suddenly appeared before them, before calming down just as quickly once the eccentric individual seemed to be friendly enough. Good, good.

Gathering his bearings again, the young man took a breath. "It's as Kokkoro says, I don't think we've seen anyone else in particular since coming here. As for the village, as far as I'm aware, this is the path, so if you'd like, you're welcome to tag along with us!"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @WestArea

Porting to the northern shrine, Nia wobbled on her feet clutching her head. "Oogh...what just happened?" Nia murmured. "I don't know, but I'm not complainin'!" Rex responded, coming off very terse in his excitement as he showed Nia the map on his Sheikah Slate, "Look how much ground we can cover with this thing!" Still grumbling after her first experience with teleportation, Nia turned away to lean on the wall of the shrine. What she saw across the marshland, though, quickly put the Driver on alert. "Rex...Rex, on your toes, I see 'em!"

As Nia hopped into the shallow swamp water, Rex peered around her at the motley crew.
"You really think that's who the voice was talkin' about?" Rex asked. Nia spun around and gestured across the marsh with her arms. "Look around, Rex. Ya see anyone else takin' a romp through the marsh on foot?" Nia bluntly asked. "Well, ya got me there," Rex chuckled, glancing left and right. "Let's get a move on then!" hurried Nia as she and Rex broke into a power-walk to catch up with everyone.

As the two Drivers neared, Rex gasped.
"Nia, look!" Nia frowned. "Ignas; I count three of 'em, but two appear down for the count," she stated, drawing her dual boomerang swords, "we can clean this up right quick," As Nia ran ahead, Rex drew his windcleaver and followed close behind, "You flank right, I'll flank left!" Rex called out. "On it! Papillon Dance!" Nia cried out, letting fly her boomerang blades in an arc that would strike the lizalfos bearing down on Diana if they were to connect. "Rolling Smash!" Rex shouted, using the weight of his windcleaver to help fling himself into a front-flip. Bringing the sword over his head as he landed, he put the full momentum of his flip into a downward slash, launching a sharp gust of wind towards the prone lizalfos from its left flank.

@Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT

@North Shrine

Prologue: Ken's Bad Day

If there was anything Ken hated more, it was being pulled away from his family. Of course, after the events of Seth's rise and fall, Ken figured he hadmore than earned a night of rest and a nice dinner withhis wife. But alas, fate had other plans, and when he laid his daughter down to rest that night he knew the tingling feeling of his soul being ripped into the multiverse. It had happened a few times before, and Ken had been adamant about enjoying the trip, but now, things had gotten stale, and it was at this point he wished he could just tell Fate to flip off.

After collecting the weapons from the chest and hearing the strange lady brring him up to speed on what had happened in this strange land, Ken hefted his weapons onto his back, grateful they at least gave him his usual outfit. The former heir of the Masters fortune sighed and headed out, coming across a wide green field and what appeared to be a village a few miles out.

Well, at least it was a nice day out.

"Alright, fate. What do you got for me this time?"

@Yun Lee

The blue goblin shrieked as it was attacked from behind, the sneak attack doing substantial damage. It turned and slashed at Darius in retaliation, while the young man got up and swung at it with his sword.

The two frozen goblins shattered, leaving behind two horns and a tooth in their wake.

@Takumi @Otto @Lucky @Minerva @Hida Tomonatsu @Crow @Siege @East

---

"Woman, huh..." Dell scratched his neck thoughtfully, but then shrugged. "Well, either way, I'm your guide to Kakariko. Nice to meet you guys. If you wanna head off, we can get going now, unless you wanna grab some apples or somethin'? I dunno if you're hungry or not."

Ken would find he was at the stable with the others, not a village just yet.

@Takumi @Siege @Lucky @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @South

---

The Drifter was able to attack the Lizalfos with the spear successfully, killing it easily, as it didn't have enough space to attack with his spear. It left behind its horn and tail, and the final Lizalfos made a break for the leftover spear. He didn't make it far, as Nia and Rex took him down, leaving another horn behind.

It seems you're all free to move on towards that waterfall without further hindrance.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Krieg @North

---

Very, very luckily for everyone, Shovel Knight's arrival didn't cause any harm to the flowers. They were all free to walk along the path, until...

latest

FWOOSH!! Two giant orbs of jelly popped out from below the ground, blocking the group halfway through their trek. The began slowly rolling towards them, their intent probably not friendly.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Crow @/West​

The blue goblin shrieked as it was attacked from behind, the sneak attack doing substantial damage. It turned and slashed at Darius in retaliation, while the young man got up and swung at it with his sword.

The two frozen goblins shattered, leaving behind two horns and a tooth in their wake.

---

"Woman, huh..." Dell scratched his neck thoughtfully, but then shrugged. "Well, either way, I'm your guide to Kakariko. Nice to meet you guys. If you wanna head off, we can get going now, unless you wanna grab some apples or somethin'? I dunno if you're hungry or not."

---

The Drifter was able to attack the Lizalfos with the spear successfully, killing it easily, as it didn't have enough space to attack with his spear. It left behind its horn and tail, and the final Lizalfos made a break for the leftover spear. He didn't make it far, as Nia and Rex took him down, leaving another horn behind.

It seems you're all free to move on towards that waterfall without further hindrance.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Krieg @North

---

Very, very luckily for everyone, Shovel Knight's arrival didn't cause any harm to the flowers. They were all free to walk along the path, until...

latest

FWOOSH!! Two giant orbs of jelly popped out from below the ground, blocking the group halfway through their trek. The began slowly rolling towards them, their intent probably not friendly.

Either his technique was growing sloppy, or this blade was not truly suited for combat. Oh well, he could still finish off the goblin with little effort. With a turn to reorient himself, Jin waited just a moment to ready his blade as the beast moved to attack Darius, before lunging forth, aiming to skewer it through the back with his Windcleaver to end this fight.

@Takumi @Otto @Lucky @Minerva @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @East​

Peter Parker- MCU

Peter hadn't wanted to kill them... he felt so bad for the goblins. Maybe he could have talked it out with them. He felt really really bad and he picked up the tooth and the horns. Maybe there was a way to fix them with this stuff. Maybe they weren't dead, maybe they just ran away. Yeah, ran away, leaving behind their horns and tooth out of fear... " They didn't die... you didn't hurt anyone... it's going to be okay," he mumbled to himself.

@Takumi @Otto @Yun Lee @Minerva @Hida Tomonatsu @Crow @Siege @East

Peter Parker- Amazing

" Grabbing some apples seem like a good idea and we should get enough for the others. I'm assuming it isn't just the four of us and I'm sure if it is just us the people in the village might be happy to have an apple or two. I'm going for that if you don't mind though," he said, looking to see what the others thought.

@Takumi @Siege @Yun Lee @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @South

Dx_VWV.png

"A camper in training? I don't think I've heard of such a thing before," Guy commented as he walked along with Kokkoro, Nadeshiko, and others, resting his arms behind his head idly. Perhaps for all intents and purposes, this meant that she was... a civilian? Some normal person from a country off Auldrant? But even if that was so... She didn't quite look like someone from Kimlasca or anywhere else. Then again, the same could be said for Kokkoro, as he'd never heard of her... gourmet guild before, or--

THUNK!

image.png

"Wh--?!"

Guy was visibly surprised when the Shovel Knight suddenly appeared before them, before calming down just as quickly once the eccentric individual seemed to be friendly enough. Good, good.

Gathering his bearings again, the young man took a breath. "It's as Kokkoro says, I don't think we've seen anyone else in particular since coming here. As for the village, as far as I'm aware, this is the path, so if you'd like, you're welcome to tag along with us!"

"The occasional campsite tends to be a neccesity to my Guild as opposed to a pasttime, but it can be made fun," Kokkoro explains, "we are a four-member Adventurer's Guild after all. When we're not being true to our Guild name, Gourmet Food Palace, we'll often fight monsters and take on quests for food and money."

As Shovel Knight interrupts, Kokkoro turns to see the surprisingly shorter warrior.

o9fLSOy.png

Kokkoro shakes her head.

"We have not seen this Drifter you have described. By the way, my name is Kokkoro. What might yours be?"

The small knight seemed encouraged by the presence of a friendly pack traveling together, putting away the Sheikah slate and nodding. "Huzzah! I'm sure he'll be able to find his way to the village soon enough!"

1c345f20282f5d67eb1a1c4fe0159b97.png

At the question of his name, the hero raised the Lynel Sword in the air in a triumphant pose. "I am Shovel Knight! Practitioner of the ancient code of Shovelry, and an aspiring adventurer on the side." The knight's boastful voice deflated when he looked up and noticed the Lynel Sword sitting as a cheap substitute for a true-and-blue shovel. A troubled sigh escaped his helmet, "Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my honed Shovel Blade on the way here. I'm trying to get it back, find my friend, and find a way home from this. . .strange land."

0c234fe36673c28a817d233685e0fa7d.png

"I find myself in strange lands very often, actually," Shovel Knight remarked, holding his helmet in thought. The more he thought about it, the more he recognized the group's rather disjointed makeup. ". . .I suppose we're all in the same 'woman talking in our heads' group, then?"

---

---

---

latest

"Ahah, perhaps this land isn't as alien as I thought! Slimes follow me everywhere I go!"
Shovel Knight was no stranger to slimes, or any kind of small, rotund creature of blobby disposition. "Do not worry, friends, I'll take care of these creatures." Shovel Knight boasted, rushing forward with the Lynel Sword drawn and quickly acting out his plan. The small knight managed to buckle his tiny legs and leap up in the air with impressive height, in order to position the blunt sword beneath himself mid-air.

df78772cca8960ad2c74417ea42b4a5c.png

Shovel Knight let gravity and the weight of the blade drive down on top of the gummy assailants with righteous gusto. The agile knight rebounded off of the first slime in this manner and struck the next one with the same 'sword drop' maneuver, never once touching the ground as he seamlessly bounced from orb to orb, driving them deeper into the earth with each strike.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Crow @/West​

Either his technique was growing sloppy, or this blade was not truly suited for combat. Oh well, he could still finish off the goblin with little effort. With a turn to reorient himself, Jin waited just a moment to ready his blade as the beast moved to attack Darius, before lunging forth, aiming to skewer it through the back with his Windcleaver to end this fight.

@Takumi @Otto @Lucky @Minerva @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @East​

Yuuki snags the horns and teeth & keeps them, before aiming and firing an Ice Arrow at the Blue Goblin attacking Darius.​

latest

Kokkoro aimed two Shock Arrows at the orbs of jelly to stun them, before charging at them and cleaving them with her spear.

"I'm a support unit. We will need an appropriate frontliner," Kokkoro suggests as she takes a few steps back.

It seems that Shovel Knight was tanking for the team.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @/West​

The two frozen goblins shattered, leaving behind two horns and a tooth in their wake.​
The beast had quite the vitality, it seemed.

RzZPqHi.png

Darius easily blocked the ensuing counterattack and let the clash last for a while so his teammates could butcher the enemy.​

Last edited:
tumblr_p8ohr5tgfx1te2dduo3_400.jpg

"You and me both! Looks like you can always count on slimes to try to run after you!" Guy exclaimed eagerly toward Shovel Knight, visibly fired up as he drew his sword. No need for fancy artes or whatever the like, at least if these slimes were as weak as they looked, just like they were back home especially!

Jumping into the fray along with the others, the swordsman leapt into the air and performed a swift vertical slice, hoping to cut his targeted slime in half, before turning to the other hostile entities and slashing at them rapidly. It was good to feel the thrill of battle again, feel the sword become an extension of his arm, feel his body become light like the wind against a slew of enemies.

And with a new group of allies entirely. How refreshing!

"So then, mystery knight, you're also familiar with these creatures, huh? Guess we're not as far from home as previously thought!" He exclaimed, as though making idle conversation in the middle of the fight.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Crow

---

---

---

latest

Azel unsheathed his broadsword, charging and stabbing at the Blue Goblin that was attacking Darius without a word.

@Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu @Minerva @Siege @Crow @East

"Please, by all means, lead the way." Silque responded to Dell before turning to Shallot. "Despite the circumstances, it's a pleasure to meet you." she greeted Shallot.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Siege @South​

Meanwhile, at the West Group. . . .

FLASH!

"AAAAAAAAAA!"

THUNK!

A sudden flash of bright light denoted the sudden appearance of a small, diminutive warrior clad in bright cerulean plate armor to suddenly fall from the sky, as it were. Shovel Knight impacted with the sweet mother Earth just a few meters behind the Western group's congregation, driving his helmeted face into the dirt. The small transportation light that loomed over him wasn't done with it's drop-off - a Sheikah slate fell from it and harmlessly donked off of Shovel Knight's head, followed by a bow, some arrows, fun equipment, and a very heavy Lynel Sword that promptly crushed the small knight even deeper into the earth, forming a distinct Shovel Knight-shaped crater.

"I think."

o9fLSOy.png

Kokkoro shakes her head.

Dx_VWV.png

THUNK!

image.png

"Wh--?!"

latest

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Crow @/West
The small knight seemed encouraged by the presence of a friendly pack traveling together, putting away the Sheikah slate and nodding. "Huzzah! I'm sure he'll be able to find his way to the village soon enough!"

1c345f20282f5d67eb1a1c4fe0159b97.png

At the question of his name, the hero raised the Lynel Sword in the air in a triumphant pose. "I am Shovel Knight! Practitioner of the ancient code of Shovelry, and an aspiring adventurer on the side." The knight's boastful voice deflated when he looked up and noticed the Lynel Sword sitting as a cheap substitute for a true-and-blue shovel. A troubled sigh escaped his helmet, "Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my honed Shovel Blade on the way here. I'm trying to get it back, find my friend, and find a way home from this. . .strange land."

0c234fe36673c28a817d233685e0fa7d.png

"I find myself in strange lands very often, actually," Shovel Knight remarked, holding his helmet in thought. The more he thought about it, the more he recognized the group's rather disjointed makeup. ". . .I suppose we're all in the same 'woman talking in our heads' group, then?"

"Ahah, perhaps this land isn't as alien as I thought! Slimes follow me everywhere I go!"
Shovel Knight was no stranger to slimes, or any kind of small, rotund creature of blobby disposition. "Do not worry, friends, I'll take care of these creatures." Shovel Knight boasted, rushing forward with the Lynel Sword drawn and quickly acting out his plan. The small knight managed to buckle his tiny legs and leap up in the air with impressive height, in order to position the blunt sword beneath himself mid-air.

df78772cca8960ad2c74417ea42b4a5c.png

Shovel Knight let gravity and the weight of the blade drive down on top of the gummy assailants with righteous gusto. The agile knight rebounded off of the first slime in this manner and struck the next one with the same 'sword drop' maneuver, never once touching the ground as he seamlessly bounced from orb to orb, driving them deeper into the earth with each strike.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Crow @/West​
Kokkoro aimed two Shock Arrows at the orbs of jelly to stun them, before charging at them and cleaving them with her spear.

"I'm a support unit. We will need an appropriate frontliner," Kokkoro suggests as she takes a few steps back.

It seems that Shovel Knight was tanking for the team.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @/West
❝ E-Ew! What is that!? ❞ Nadeshiko was going to explain more about her profession as a rising camper, but she jumped at the sight of those jelly monsters. She just stood back, not wanting to even get close to those things.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee
@/West
-----​
"Hm."

❝ I guess we just head over there now. ❞ Ellie shrugged after the Lizalfos were taken care of, gesturing towards the waterfall up ahead. Not much else to do here anyways.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Krieg
@North

"Looks like we pounded them into dust, literally!" Akane cheered. She put away her weapon and looked at the spoils that dropped from the monsters.

Akane was fine with her fire arrows and didn't need any shock arrows, and the horns didn't seem very appealing. That tail, however, looked like it could be appetizing.

"So, does anybody mind if I take this tail?" If nobody else stopped her, she'd pick up the tail and bring it along.

"It looks like we all have these magic tablets. Did you guys all get told to come to some village as well?"

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Krieg @North​

tumblr_p8ohr5tgfx1te2dduo3_400.jpg

"You and me both! Looks like you can always count on slimes to try to run after you!" Guy exclaimed eagerly toward Shovel Knight, visibly fired up as he drew his sword. No need for fancy artes or whatever the like, at least if these slimes were as weak as they looked, just like they were back home especially!

Jumping into the fray along with the others, the swordsman leapt into the air and performed a swift vertical slice, hoping to cut his targeted slime in half, before turning to the other hostile entities and slashing at them rapidly. It was good to feel the thrill of battle again, feel the sword become an extension of his arm, feel his body become light like the wind against a slew of enemies.

And with a new group of allies entirely. How refreshing!

"So then, mystery knight, you're also familiar with these creatures, huh? Guess we're not as far from home as previously thought!" He exclaimed, as though making idle conversation in the middle of the fight.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Crow
❝ E-Ew! What is that!? ❞ Nadeshiko was going to explain more about her profession as a rising camper, but she jumped at the sight of those jelly monsters. She just stood back, not wanting to even get close to those things.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee
@/West

"They are slimes, a type of monster," Kokkoro explains, "they can be weak or strong, depending on colour or location. Based on their speed, I would assume that they are weaker than the usual weak ones found closer to Landsol."

Kokkoro turns to Nadeshiko.

"If you are unwilling to wield your weapons, perhaps I might be able to do so in your stead. If I may, Lady Nadeshiko, allow me to borrow a few of your arrows."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Ver @Yun Lee @/West​

---

"Uh, yeah... Who're you? And who are these guys? No offense, but I'm gonna need some answers before I just follow someone into some village."

Ken was disoriented, confused, and annoyed. He didn't have time to go on another save the world advanture, but it seemed he had no choice. Why couldn't it have been Ryu? Wasn't he the one always getting sucked into portals or some other? Ken crossed his arms in front of his chest, showing distrust to the new man who claimed to be a guide. For all he knew, this man could have been a liar, or a thief....

@Yun Lee

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back