New User Can't think of something fancy, so hello will do

Valkyrie

Chooser of the Slain
Hello all! The name's Valkyrie. I guess the best way to describe me is to say that I'm a lil overwrought nerd who doesn't know if she's doing too much or too little.

I've been roleplaying for nearly 8 years or so...maybe a little more. It's been a while since I started, that's for sure! I've tried multiple sites before, and things slipped and fell (not to mention life got the best of me as it often does), and I had to take a break. But, I feel like I've finally matured and reached a point where I can balance life and fun, and decided to step back into the gloriously crazy world of roleplay! I'm pretty friendly, and am always down for a chat. (Fair warning: I have a bad habit of calling people pet names once I've warmed up to them, so if I end up calling you 'love', 'sugar', or 'hon', my apologies. Let me know if it makes you uncomfortable, and I will stop that! I'm originally from New Orleans, and I think it might be the work of the little old lady who lived across from us...oof.)

I consider myself a decently literate player. Average posts can be from 2-5 paragraphs, depending on what I've been given to work with and if I am not plagued by writer's block. I'm also a bit of a stickler for grammar, but it's more on my end than for others. As long as there's no text speak within the tale, and it's legible, I'm all good. Also, I don't have too much of a preference when it comes to 1x1 or a small group - larger ones I can do, but with a bit of difficulty. It all depends on my partners.

Genres include fantasy, medieval, sci-fi, slice of life, action, thriller, (maybe!) fanfiction*, romance**, historical...I guess a little bit of everything. Seriously, hit me up you have an idea! I'm all for trying new things; though I may have to do some research. ;)

Sooo...yeah? I think that's about it? Pleased to meet ya'll, and eager to begin storytelling!

*Depends on the person I'm working with, and what fandom. To list a few of my favorites: LotR, Star Wars, Transformers, Supernatural, Marvel

**I prefer romance as a subplot...I can't do full on romance unless it's something along the lines of Pride and Prejudice because I'm just a sucker for that kind of crap. I'm an old soul.

Hey, if you haven't taken the time to read the new member guide be sure to check it out. It'll help you get started and introduced to the site and then you'll be ready to role play. Sounds like you'll fit right in. We have had a few 1x1 roleplayers come through lately and I'm one of them myself. Feel free to give a shout if you need a little help with stuff on the site, of if you have any questions. I'm a friendly raccoon. I must apologize for my somewhat random post. Had a little trip to the ER on Saturday and still not feeling the best. Don't judge my writing ability by this! Lol

Hello and welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your stay! It sounds like we have a few things in common. I like fantasy, medieval, action, mystery (if it's done right), some sci-fi (emphasis on the some), and historical (depending on the era and culture. I usually prefer the warring eras of Japan, China, and the Middle Ages in Europe.)

I usually prefer group RPs but the size of the group doesn't really matter to me.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I really appreciate it!

And @Silence , I just recovered from a minor concussion, so I understand lol. It is all good! ;) Hope you feel better soon!

Hello, and welcome! What a wonderful thread, so full of details, interests, and Things TM. Very thrilled you're here to join us. Here's another friendly face if you're looking to recruit a partner/group member, if you have questions, comments, concerns, gardening tips, etc. :>

Side note: Romance is almost always best as a subplot, secondary to some other, interesting thing happening.

Back