Cataclysm Tournament: Raviel (Cilin Hosan) vs Dallas (Captain Cannonfists)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
Combatants: Raviel vs Dallas
Combat System: SC's T1
Match Type: Cataclysm Tournament
Match Status: Pending
First Poster: Cilin Hosan
Winner: Captain Cannonfists by opponent forfeiture​

As you step into the arena the viewing screens overhead offer you a glimpse of the playing field you will soon be engaged in. The abandoned battlefield serves to portray some battle come and gone years past. The open grasslands extend as far as the eyes can see, marred only by the occasional abandoned wreckage of war machines. Rusted out jeeps, tanks, helicopters and the occasional scraps of metal dot the playing field.

Once you take your place in the designated circles you will become fully synced into the virtual playing field.

Last edited:
Match time, that was it, Raviel thought as he slowly approached the arena field with both his hands on his trousers' pockets and saw the crowds cheering around him, he didn't know if all that excitement was for him or for his oponent, as he walked into the circle to sync into the virtual reality, he felt as if his mind took another body, and after a flash of light into his eyes he could now see the virtual battle field, not through the screens of the stadium, but with his own eyes. He could now feel it.
It was a large open field, with a terrain rather irregular, as it had it's ground full of holes, probably caused by the explosion of bombs of past battles, as he gazed around him he could see more metal than vegetation, scraps of tanks, helicopters and jeeps could be seen in a span of a vehicle for each 400m², aside the scraps of metal spread everywhere. Raviel was now analysing the field, in an attempt to plot an strategy against the machine-man he had as his oponent.

Heck, in a moment like that why am I so excited? Is it that crazy crowd? Or is the feeling of war this battle field brings? Anyway, what can I do against him in this field? Think, think, think!

Battle Theme:

"Ah, you must be Raviel," Dallas's voice was only mildly distorted as the ATCP projected his words out across the field. It had taken him a short while to acclimate to the transformation in the world around him, he had no idea if the bright flash he had experienced upon entry was normal or the result of viewing his surroundings through the optical sensors. "Mary," he said, signaling the AI to not project his next words outside the cockpit, "Make note of every one of those wrecks that exceeds the mass of the ATCP, I want to know what our options are as soon as possible," to his opponent he said, "Isn't this grand?" he splayed the massive metal arms out to indicate the area in general. "If you can listen closely you can still hear the crowd. Tell me, kid, what brings someone like you to a place like this?" Perhaps it wasn't too late to get to know his opponent.

As he saw his oponent enter in his field of vision after diving in the virtual battle field he could see the machine man.

"Ah, you must be Raviel"

Was what the man said, Raviel still glaring at him. The machine-man went silent after that.

What is that guy planning? Do I answear him? I have no clue about his capabilities, I won't answear.

"If you can listen closely you can still hear the crowd. Tell me, kid..."

Before Dallas could even finish his sentence Raviel already focused a repulsive gravity field below his feet and dashed around 15 meters backwards.

This guy's suit must have insane capabilities, I need to build a field advantage - thought him as his body began to exhude a dark aura.

As he land his feet on ground finishing his mid-air position and readjusting to a battle stance, the aura around Raviel began to cast dark strings that began to take shape as it landed the desired location, in matter of instants 3m high 2m width and 1m length walls started to spawn everywhere around raviel, as if he was creating a labirinth of wall around him.

Before I start to devise a plan I need to know what this guys is capable of, since he isn't a machine I can access his mind with my knowledge analysis. As soon as I get sight of him again I'll use it. - Devised him as he was running in a circle around the machine man and summoning the labirinth of walls.

Running behind the metal walls now was Raviel, out of sight from the perspective of Dallas, approximatedly 7 seconds have passed since the machine man spoke the last time.

Battle log:
Matter Crafting - Metal Walls - No preps required
Knowledge analysis - Ready to use

"Alright then," Dallas spoke with equal parts good cheer and confusion. He started the ATCP forward in a great lumbering gait, "Prime Hailstorm," he said in the confines of the vehicle's interior. "There's no need to be so skiddish, kid," he broadcast his voice once more. "Battle and conversation don't have to be mutually exclusive." The ATCP's pace was slow, but its long legs helped to cover distance quickly, and the tactical readouts displayed before Dallas judged him about 20 meters from the first of the newly crafted walls. "Oh, I get it," he slowed his pace but didn't stop, "You think I'm trying to distract you, that's a fair suspicion," now he halted. "But you should let talk distract you anyway." This was sure to be an interesting fight, what else could that kid pull from the air? Dallas felt a sudden urge to adjust to a more responsive position when he found himself wondering if the kid could conjure things inside his cockpit.

Battle log:
Hailstorm - Primed

In the middle of the machine-man's talking Raviel could hear something he didn't know what it was: hailstorm.

Hailstorm? What is that supposed to be? It's probably a command to the machine he is using, maybe he can only activate it speaking it out loud? It coud also be a bluff to distract me. I will discover what is it anyway - decided him.

With the wall labyrinth already set up around Dallas he could now use his knowledge analysis without worries. Behind the walls, he used it. Raviel put his index and middle fingers at the temple of his head and briefly closed his eyes, in this distance he shouldn't have any problems to use it.

Let me see what are your abilities - after that a flash of consecutive images regarding the machine-man's memories crossed Raviel's mind.
Oh, as I thought, so this guy is really insane huh, I believe it will be easier to defeat him if get the chance to take him out of that machine, and after that I'll just need to craft something out of this world - thought him while he started to exhale dark aura again.

Still running in circles out of the wall labyrinth - What could I do to get him out of there? Come on I don't have time to waste - frowned him as he thinked harder to figure out a solution - Got it!

Differently from before, now the dark matter began to take shape in a form of backpack upon Raviel's back.

A NNEMP device with some improvements that I make myself will do the work against that vehicle's systems, yes, one that can be comparable to a NEMP's power, but I will still need to get more time for that.
Ok, let's get started! - Uttered him in his mind, as he began to focus on increasing the repulsive gravity field around him.

Steadily the grains of sand that he threw at the air due to his sprint around him began to take an opposite direction relative to his body.

Battle log:
Matter Crafting - Enhanced NNEMP - Prep (1/4)
Gravity Manipulation - Growth - Defense

Turn theme:

Still the kid didn't respond, "Alright kid, have it your way," Dallas called as he reached the first of the many twisting walls. He set the ATCP in an awkward stance, leaning its weight on the heels and lifting the "toes" ever so slightly. He spread his attention between performing two operations, rationalizing the measurements for a backwards leap and deciding on the final angle for the Hailstorm launch. His work on both jobs slowed for a moment as several memories leaped to the forefront of his mind, completely unbidden. He shook his head to clear the thoughts, "Did you do that kid?" he asked the outer wall. "Interesting opening gambit, whatever it was, now let me show you mine," He pressed the trigger flat and the MMS responded, firing a wide barrage of miniature warheads over the wall and into the labyrinth.

Battle Log:
MMS - Fired Hailstorm
Leap - Primed

"Now let me show you mine,"- said Dallas

As the machine-man finished his speech he started tossing his micro-missles over the labyrinth.

Just as I expected, it surely was the best decision to look into his mind that time - thought Raviel as explosions took place around him.

As the walls of the labyrinth trembled due to the explosions caused by the hailstorm, Raviel used his gravity manipulation to divert the tragetory of the missles that eventually came into his direction.

Tsk, I need to take action before he comes up with something that can surpass my repulsive fields - complained him - but first let me check this - thought Raviel as he quickly threw three grenades in the direction of where the missles were coming from.

As Raviel considered the state of the NNEMP on his back - I need to get the things going already - as he thought this he concluded that he should already start crafting an effective way to deal consistent damage on the machine-man.

Yeah, a mark II - confirmed Raviel for himself as a gun began to take shape on his hands.

Battle log:
Matter crafting - Three fragmentation grenades - No preps required
Matter crafting - Ray Gun Mark II - Prep (1/2)

Last edited:
Dallas scanned quickly over the readouts appearing before him. Most of the missiles had impacted as expected, but a few had suddenly diverted from their courses. Found you, he thought, but whatever pleasure that might have given him was quickly cut short when warning messages signaling incoming projectiles began blaring from multiple sources. Dallas found little desire to wait and see what was coming, he launched the ATCP up and backwards, following the previously rationalized course. The grenades, for they were grenades, exploded a few seconds before he landed with a heavy booming noise. That settled it, the kid wasn't going to talk so it was time to get down to business, "Mary," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "Prime a Shieldbreaker." Dallas then began slowly marching away from the metal labyrinth, confident that putting distance between you and your opponent was rarely a bad thing.

Battle log:
Leap - Activated
Shieldbuster - Priming (1/2)

Last edited:
After hearing the explosions of the three grenades and the sudden halt of the missile rain, Raviel stopped running.

Did I hit hit him? Well, he stopped firing, but I don't believe he would let these hit him so easily... Yeah he probably runned out of missiles and retreated, but I still don't know if he's inside the labyrinth or if he already got out. Do I go check it or do I finish this thing already? - pondered him as he considered the amount of dark supply to give to his creation, the backpack on his back that had an outline similar of a bomb.

If I go check him in this state I won't be able to do anything, it's better to finish the gun already - said him as the dark shade in form of a gun developed into a futuristic red and green wonder weapon, it was held like a submachine gun, not containing bullets as ammunition, instead inside it was a green substance with incredible corrosive power, able to penetrate common materials with ease, with the ammo seeming like it was in a state of plasma, the weapon really had a feel that it wasn’t from this world.

As Raviel finished crafting his weapon he crouched and put his free hand on the ground, still outside the labyrinth.

Now I just need to find the machine-man - thought Raviel as the ground beneath and in front of him began to emerge in a form of stairs mixed with a barricade, made with the soil of the battle field, it had 6m of width, length and 4m of height, now he was 3 meter above the ground, near the top of the pyramid-like structure, using it as a cover, searching for Dallas.

I got you! - thought Raviel as he spotted the machine-man, quickly taking a fire position, aiming at his opponent with his mark II.

Battle log:
Matter Crafting - Ray Gun Mark II - Prep (2/2) - Crafted
Matter Crafting - Modified the ground - No preps required

Last edited:
"Hey, good to see you again, kid," Mary's system highlighted the young man as soon as he appeared over the wall. "What've you got there?" Dallas asked aloud, the scanners couldn't tell him anything useful, and that was generally a bad sign. "Mary," Dallas said, his voice safe secure inside the cockpit again, "I'm going to try and put one of those wrecks between us and him, continue the loading procedure." The ATCP began trundling toward the nearest vehicle wreck, a desiccated APC, amusingly enough. Dallas was relatively sure the ATCP's armor could handle whatever the kid was about to throw at him, but having one of the vehicle's predecessors as an extra buffer couldn't hurt. "Oh and one more thing," he added over the tone signaling the completion of the priming sequence, "Do try and get us out of the way of whatever he's about to fire."

Battle log:
Shieldbuster - Primed

Last edited:
As soon as Dallas started its path towards the nearest APC - Not so fast - thought Raviel as he pulled the trigger of his mark II, 21 blasts, 7 fast 3-round bursts, an instant was all it took to execute such a feat, as he was aiming at his opponent and awaiting the right moment to fire, a perfect accuracy was the result of his firing, with the target being the moving machine-man. The blasts of the weapon were as fast as a firing rifle, in the second instant Raviel was already out of sight using the pyramid structure as a cover - pull the magazine, insert new one - a magazine took shape on his hand - reloaded, dark supply to NNEMP - that was the thought process of the man at the moment, such was the proficiency of him at using firearms and elaborating a combat strategy, now with his bomb half completed, the capacitors already formed on the dark backpack.

Battle log:
Ray Gun Mark II - Atack
Matter Crafting - Enhanced NNEMP - Prep (2/4)

"Ma-" Dallas barely had a chance to open his mouth before time seemed to slow to a crawl. The Hail Mary System assumed full control of the ATCP and began to consider its options. They would be hit, there was no avoiding that. The system puzzled over the glowing green projectiles slowly crawling through the air, already halfway between the shooter and the ATCP. There was no time to take a proper scan if the anomalous airborne substance, but the system guessed it wasn't focused on causing kinetic damage. Corrosion was of little threat to the depleted uranium shell, so the most logical motion would be to prepare for some kind of semi-liquid, heat-based attack. With that in mind, the Hail Mary System initiated two motions, and time snapped back to a rate more accommodating to human perception. Dallas abandoned his previous order in favor of a wordless expression of surprise as the ATCP abruptly pitched to one side. Its hull rattled under the weight of three bolts from the strange weapon before passing out of the firing line of the subsequent blasts. The second move Mary had planned was designed to account for any lingering effect of the strange material, be it one of heat or corrosion. The left arm of the platform rose up and scraped the remnants left behind by the blasts free of the armored hull. The Hail Mary then found itself surprised in two ways, firstly by the discovery that the residue had in fact been corrosive, and secondly by the actions of its pilot. Dallas wrenched the ATCP's right arm up to an odd angle as it fell, an angle that served to catch the hulking frame by burying the tip of the Gause Rifle in the dirt. "Damage report!" Dallas barked as he rationalized a new jump vector. The readouts were better than he expected, the uranium shell had been breached in a few places, but the subsequent graphene layer had prevented further damage. "Not bad, kid, this is getting fun!"

Battle log
Hail Mary Save
Shieldbuster - Primed
Leap - Primed

Last edited:
What!? Did he dodge it? - thought Raviel as he saw the ATCP with its right arm on the ground, already with his reloaded mark II pointing at Dallas, an automatic movement for him as he just got back from taking cover at the pyramidal structure, prepared for a firearm combat - No, probably he got hit by some of the first blasts and dodged the rest - reformulated him as he noticed the damage on the machine-man’s hull.

To keep shooting from here isn’t that effective if he’ll be able to evade it, yes, I need to get closer - he formulated as he hopped over the pyramid’s step he was previously using as a cover - But I can’t take him face to face without proper protection - thought the man as he headed towards the wall labyrinth. At the pyramid, one powerful kick enhanced with repulsive gravity against it was all it took for Raviel to dive and reach his desired location. Already at the center of the labyrinth - Now let’s see what he’ll do against this - seated on the ground, he briefly closed his eyes, suddenly a great amount of energy began to emanate from the man’s body, strong enough to make the labyrinth’s walls within a ratio of 10 meters tilt to an opposite direction, differently from what previously only changed the direction of the sand around him, now the ground below him cracked - Come on, go faster - thought him as he looked at the already metal shaped backpack, exhaling a dark aura.

Battle log:
Gravity Manipulation - Growth - Defense
Matter Crafting - Enhanced NNEMP - Prep (3/4)

Dallas didn't like the way the fight was playing out, but he saw few effective ways to alter the situation. He could try leaping into the midst of the mass of metal walls, but without a clear visual that was probably a highway to a horrific crash. He didn't see many he could lure the kid out, but he also didn't like standing around waiting for the kid's next move. Indeed, speaking had thus far proved totally useless, other than to give his opponent tactical insight of dubious use. "Mary," As Dallas spoke, one of the many icons playing over his interface shifted to a question mark, the usual indication that he had the AI's attention, "Cut loudspeaker output for the duration of this fight," he waited for a moment to confirm his request had been adhered to, "Good. Now give me thermals and prime the thrusters." The viewfinder's output suddenly shifted, displaying a landscape shrouded in blue light, broken in places by patches of orange and yellow. Given the amount of metal between the ATCP and Raviel, it didn't surprise Dallas to find that the kid's heat signature was a barely visible outline of purple. "Found you," he raised the platform's primary weapon once more and felt it's internal systems refining the motion, aiming for the heart of the heat signature with pinpoint accuracy. For a moment, Dallas found himself tempted to shout a taunt, but the kid had proved to have an exceptional reaction time, and he wanted to end the fight with this move. Of course, it was going to take more than quick reflexes, metal walls, or whatever cheap trick had diverted the hailstorm to stop a three foot thick chunk of tungsten moving at almost mach 6. Final loading procedure complete, Dallas fired the Shieldbuster.

Battle log
Shieldbuster - Fired
Leap - Primed
Thrusters - Priming (1/2)

Already standing after being sit to concentrate on creating a wider and stronger repulsive gravity field was now Raviel in the middle of the metal labyrinth.

Which path of actions should I choose now? My NNEMP still isn’t complete, should I keep waiting here until I can use it? By now this guy already got out of that weird position he was at the time I looked at him from the pyramid, what could he be thinking right now… maybe I should just - stopping his current thought process - Something is really wrong - At the current time Dallas has just fired the Shieldbuster.

Raviel didn’t hear anything, there was no time span for sound to reach his ears, piercing the air along with the metal wall as if there was nothing in its path the three foot long bullet was already at his gravity field’s range, he didn’t see it, the only hint he had was the distortion caused by the giant projectile entering the field; his mind was at full speed, the electric synapses of his nerves and neurons were acting as if they were one with his consciousness; recollecting the previous analysis he made on the machine-man’s memories - It must be it - in a state of total awareness, concluded him, and it was; as of now the bullet was already 8 meters away from Raviel’s position, completely inside the repulsive gravity field, the projectile began to lose speed, what previously was at a speed of 6 mach now had reduced its speed to less than 100m/s due to the bullet’s size being pressured by the field’s force.

Even though it had been slowed down, the projectile nevertheless was almost as fast as a bullet shot by a low caliber gun - I can’t dodge it - was what Raviel thought as he saw the metallic blur in front of him - There’s also no time for summoning barriers, my only option is - he quickly raised the wonder weapon he had in his hand against the giant piece of metal, with hands at each end of the weapon he held it as if pushing against a bigger force, in a stance ready for a big impact, a dark aura began to surround the gun - Even though I can’t stop it, the pack-a-punched mark II will bear the impact.

The projectile finally hitting the gun, it pushed the man against the tilted metal walls of the labyrinth, a resounding impact - Kghf! - he coughed blood, and as if getting out of the rails of an incoming train, Raviel used the gun as a lever to push his body to the left side, getting out of the course, he let the bullet continue its path. After hitting the ground, he quickly got up, spitting the remaining blood in his mouth, he cleaned it with his left hand, his right one was now holding a black and red version of the previously red and green weapon, it now had the double of its former power - You’re running out of time, machine-man - Thought him as he awaited Dallas’ next move in a battle stance - You won’t surprise me so easily the next time.

Battle log:
Matter Crafting - Ray Gun Mark II - Pack-a-Punched (1/1)
Porter’s Mark II Ray Gun - Defense
Matter Crafting - Enhanced NNEMP - Prep (3/4)

Battle theme:

"Mary, keep that kid's head down, we're done playing defensive," the command was vague, but the Hail Mary had years of practice working with its pilot, and could generally be relied upon to interpret his intentions. As Dallas walked the ATCP back toward the APC from before, the platform's more autonomous systems sprayed the metal fortress with a barrage of tungsten shards from the Gauss Rifle, preventing anyone from raising their heads above the walls on threat of decapitation. Seemingly at odds with his previous statement, Dallas had positioned himself behind the decrepit APC and bent low behind it, lowering onto one knee as the thrusters finished their priming cycle. "Alright kid," he said, shifting the view finder back to thermals, "Think you can surprise me again?"

Battle log:
Barrage - Fired - No preps needed
Leap - Primed
Thrusters - Primed (2/2)

Raviel heard the sound of metal colliding as the shards shot by Dallas hit the walls of the labyrinth.
What is he trying to do right now? Whatever, I think it wasn’t intended to hit me; well if he won’t come at me I will come at him - thought Raviel as he put his hand on the ground, similar to what he did before, and summoned a new pyramid to cover himself - After I activate this he will be defenseless - planned him as he finished the final procedures and enhancements of the NNEMP on his back, awaiting on the pyramid side opposite to where the giant bullet previously shot at him came from.

Battle log:
Matter Crafting - Modified the ground - No preps required
Matter Crafting - Enhanced NNEMP - Prep (4/4) - Crafted

"Mary, prime the FL," Dallas was beginning to speak with a certain cheer again as felt the rush of battle once more, "I think this fight will be over soon, one way or the other." As he spoke, he took hold of the decrepit APC with the free left hand of the combat platform. Part of the wreck had been buried in the dirt, and thus it was only partially obscuring the ATCP's form from view, but Dallas wanted a bit more cover for the fight ahead. The solution was obvious, he simply had to un-bury it. Time had done most of its whittling on the inside of the vehicle, so the front grill and battering ram still provided a reliable hand hold. After taking a moment to anchor the planted right foot, Dallas lurched the ATCP back up to its full standing height, wrenching the APC up and forward. There was a sickening sound of tearing metal, and for a moment Dallas feared he had simply torn the vehicle in half, but after brief resistance the earth released the metal corpse. More of the vehicle remained than he thought it fair to hope, it looked as if the metal had simply rusted away to nothing just before the rear axle. Dallas set this rusted end flat on the ground, leaving the front fender pointed at the sky while he considered his next move. Looks like the kid's gone back into cover, he thought after a cursory examination with the thermal scanners. He regarded the wreck he had just expended so much effort to unearth, it seemed his idea wasn't going to work, at least for now. Oh well, maybe I won't need it after all, He steered the ATCP back to face the metal pyramid and started towards it. I think it's time we finished this kid.

Battle log:
Leap - Primed
Thrusters - Primed
Ferromagnetic Lance - Priming (1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back