New User Catchy And Funny Title Here!!!

Vardoger

[Creative Title Here]
The amount of time I used to try and come up with a witty title should go unmentioned, but it was far too long. I figured I could just come in here, make some funny banter, and leave with my approval.
But let me tell you:

32zy.jpg

I suppose "being myself" is the better way to go about things, rather than wasting time in the "funny headline" image search and pondering "But how do I make it RP related??"

But anyway, I'm Vardoger, AKA Vars, I've been roleplaying since I was seven. I've been a bit of a tourist with RP mediums, and am now here!

I RP all sorts of junk, but recently it seems to be DC comics and mature themes (but not both at the same time, weirdly enough).

I've been lurking off and on for a while before finally giving registering a shot, so we'll see how this goes. Hope I can mesh with the culture here~

Last edited:
Welcome to STC. I think you'll find that there are people here who share your interests. I'm a role player as well, though I mostly dabble in fantasy and science fiction. I do roleplay all kinds of fandoms as well, so maybe we can find common ground once you're a full member. Everyone here is really nice and helpful. I've felt really welcome since getting accepted myself. And I've gotten better with both my role-playing and my character development. It's also helped me better my worlds and universes for my books. So I hope we can make you feel as welcome.

@Alissa Ming

Do you think "futuristic" and "sci fi" is the same thing, in terms of rp genre?

Because I am not really interested in hard scifi, like aliens and space travel and such. But things like Ready Player One could fit in either genre. As I mostly do "realistic/modern" RPs, it seems low scifi would be the next jump, but now I am wondering if there is even a line between "futuristic" and "scifi" anymore. Or was there ever?

/random late thought that probably doesn't even make sense

Not sure there's a difference, except that "futuristic" can mean a world of fantasy rather than science fiction. So yes and no, depending on what you want to do with your futuristic timeline. I don't think you can have the future without something significant happening, either advance in tech or magic. Sci-fi is a specific type of future. Futuristic doesn't necessarily have to be, I don't think. But I'm mostly listing interests, in the hope that we can find a meeting point.

hello vars welcome to the circle, its a good place to relax, rp, and make some friends though admittedly i haven't rp'd in quite a while

anyways hope you get approved soon!

Last edited:
@Vardoger, it sort of looks like you've already been around the block and posted around. I'm guessing you read the introduction help guide and so that doesn't leave me too much to say. Well, aside from the usual WELCOME TO STC. So, if you've read that you also know that we do have a Help section if you run into a software glitch or that kind of thing. Otherwise, give a yell if you need anything and I'll be around or others will be to lend a helping hand.

@Silence I have! lol

I do have one problem so far. It might just be me though as I have a notoriously bad internet connection.
I can't seem to edit my posts. I hit edit and I get the little load bar thing but it never actually pops up so I can edit the post.

Hmmm....That does seem to be a problem. I have not experienced that before. Do you have problems loading other pages? It kinda sounds like it could be internet connection, but if you have the problem consistently it wouldn't hurt to put it in the Help section and see if there is a server glitch. We do have someone that could possibly fix it if it was a problem on our end.

@Silence
Everything else seems to work fine!
Which is why it was a little weird.
But I'll see if it still happens tomorrow before I make a thread about it.

Sounds like a good idea. Just wait a day before saying anything in the Help tab. (I agree with you Hoshu, but I've also run into glitches that were strange like that before. Hence the reason I like the idea of waiting a day before posting to see if there is a glitch.) I have personally experienced a few glitches and most of them resolve over night. Another idea is to try logging out of your account and then logging back in. Sometimes that will help too.

Not sure there's a difference, except that "futuristic" can mean a world of fantasy rather than science fiction. So yes and no, depending on what you want to do with your futuristic timeline.
Ohhh yeah, you know, I never thought about it that way.
But I wonder how much futuristic fantasy and urban fantasy overlap. That REALLY makes me wonder what type of world a "futuristic fantasy" world would be if it specifically wasn't urban fantasy.

hello vars welcome to the circle, its a good place to relax, rp, and make some friends though admittedly i haven't rp'd in quite a while

anyways hope you get approved soon!
Thanks, I hope I get approved soon too. xD

If you haven't RPed in a while, what forums do you like to hang out in here? Or are you more of a lurker?

@Silence
Turns out the editing problem is a legit thing lol. If you have rich text editor disabled, you cannot edit posts! I posted the thread in the help forum and already got a response on it.

I saw that. Glad that you went ahead and posted that in the help section. Hopefully Dash can get it fixed in time. Sounds like it will take a bit of work.

Is there an FAQ for the site or something?
I am looking through the comprehensive site guide but I still can't really find what I am looking for.

Right now I'm wondering what all the ribbons under people's avatars mean / how to get them.
Also what is a Warden?

Well, if you read the site introduction that is most of what you'd need to know. Ribbons under people's names mean different things. As for a warden, it means that you are staff and that entails some of what I do. So I have a ribbon that indicates I am a staff member, then a ribbon stating that I am a warden and that means I help new comers and such. Moderators help to moderate sections of the site and the administrators are Dash and Tiko. So all those positions are noted by a ribbon of sorts along with the staff member ribbon. A benefactor ribbon means that you have given money to help keep the site running. Then there are people such as, Nilum that have personalized ribbons and it was because they were crucial in the development of the site. Other ribbons with names of role plays means that they are a GM of an epic role play. If there are other specific questions let me know. Otherwise I will try to see if there is a site guide or something that would be more helpful in answering some of your other questions that you may have.

Nilum was granted his ribbon as a thank you. He was a big donor/benefactor and helped out when the site was still young. He had been around helping develop things for a while. Even a while before I came around. As for Nialore, I'm not sure. Personalized ribbons are not always something I have an answer for.

Back