Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Celes

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Calcos

Beneath the desolateness of Senara...

He sat upon his makeshift throne, an accumulation of old machinery that no longer functioned, plotting. His right hand would open and close periodically as his mind fixated on his goals, his schemes of conquest playing out in his mind over and over, a blank expression painted across the visage beneath his helmet.

Darth Gannon, self-made and self-proclaimed Sith Lord of Celes, rested in his chambers within the underground tunnel of Senara, the city lost to the encroaching jungle wilds beyond its borders. Above was a hostile wasteland filled to the brim with all manner of vile beasts. The world below inhabited but two of such creatures, living in solitude away from the rest of the world as they plotted their next moves carefully. The time was fast approaching for him to infiltrate Orthaal; having that city under his command would be a great achievement, as its population of criminals and mercenaries would serve his other causes well.

He raised his head to look out amongst the floor beyond the pedestal where his throne sat, staring at the liquid-filled chambers that lined the walls.

Cloning pods.

The Dark Lord was attempting to raise an army, and wanted it headed by the most elite warriors he could generate. To that end, he took a sample of his own genetic material, and has since ran several trials to create the perfect batch. Many defects were retrieved from the vats, be they physical deformities or ineptitude with the Force.

All of them were immediately slain.

Since then, he has been carefully refining his methods, altering aspects of the cloning process to create better, perfect soldiers. He could see them now, sleeping in their cellular generation, half-complete as they dreamed away.

'Do they dream now?' Gannon thought to himself, 'Or do they merely stare into the blackness of slumber?' Neither possibility mattered to him; all that mattered was that they didn't fail him, force him to strike them down again. He would need them to be perfect if he was going to rule Celes.

The near-silence of the sepulchral chamber kept him at peace, comfortable in his solitude. Amalgama had gone out, as instructed, to train in the wilds above. She had been ordered to bring back a rancor tusk, a trial he devised to test her ability. Secretly, he was fully confident that she could complete such a feat. However, he couldn't allow her to know that; it would serve to hinder the master-apprentice relationship they had, to make it less formal and more familial. He couldn't allow that.

That would invite weakness.

Content to wile away the hours within his own mind, then, his thoughts returned to his original fixation, to just what he would do after he had captured all of Celes in his grip. Once he commanded the world, there would be no stopping him...

...and all would bow before the might of Darth Gannon.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Calcos

Orthaal...

Thalgan found himself standing amidst the denizens of the small desert-based city of Orthaal, the place he called "home", for lack of a better place to stay. He retreated here quite often when he was looking for a hub to restock his supplies and a softer bed to lay in, maybe even find a twi'lek slave girl or two to waste a night away with.

Standing in the bazaar, he found himself looking around the various stalls and shops that were scattered about. Weapons and other assorted tools of his trade were openly displayed and ready to purchase. There was also a variety of food vendors, art dealers and antiques salesmen about the area as well, intermingling with the arms merchants as if nothing were out of place.

One could say what they wished about Orthaal, but none could accuse it of having a lack of culture.

Walking along the dusty roadway that ran through the shopping district, Thalgan checked the status of his personal finances. He had plenty to restock his ammunition and food supplies, as well as pay for some much-needed maintenance for his guns.

as written by ConnorTavarin

On the outskirts of Orthaal, Chris was working out a business deal with his latest shipment of cargo with a buyer. The buyer examined the crates of goods carefully, making sure everything was in place and nothing was missing. He nodded his head and started calculating a price "Everything seems to be in order, Mr. Reinhardt...it's impressive, really. Have you considered working for the cartels? A skilled man such as yourself would be very much welcomed provided you keep your end of the bargain." he says, still measuring prices. Chris huffed "You kiddin' me? The Cartels are favors hidden within favors. No good's gonna come with working for them, trust me, I've heard the horror stories. Appreciate the offer though." he said, patting his client's back. With an annoyed sigh, the client showed him the transaction "Will this do?" he asks as Chris looks it over. "Hm...mind tossing in a few hundred extra credits? For resupply purposes of course." he grinned. With a stern look from his client, Chris surrendered "Alright alright fine, that's good."

As soon as the transaction finished, Chris steps into his ship and heads for the cockpit "There goes that work I wanted done on my coat...man, would have made it take another blaster shot or two...ah well, there's always the next job." he flicks a few switches and takes off so he could dock within the city proper. As he flew, Chris sighed to himself, wondering if he should start doing cartel business. If he was smart, he'd make more money and be able to drop off the radar with minimum baggage. However, he was aware that the cartel is shadier business than normal and that he may have to take jobs he didn't necessarily agree with. For now, he decides to shrug it off as he docks within Orthaal's city limits. Stepping out of the ship, he gets things squared away with the dock managers before heading into the city.

Strolling around the city at a leisurely pace, Chris inspected the things going on. If he needed info, he could always go to the cantina, but for now he just wanted to relax. It was a difficult job and it was a miracle he made it to where he was going in his ship. He called it the Anomaly because of the fact that it still exists after everything it has went through. When he was starting to feel a bit hungry, he wanders the dusty roads of the city until he came across some food vendors. The question was, which of this stuff was safe to eat? One could never be too sure as he marches up and down the stalls "Hm..." he muses to himself. Finally he settles on something that looked decently appetizing and paid the merchant for the meal before taking a bite out of the local food "Hm, not bad." he says as he leans against a building, watching people walk by and go about their business.

as written by Nevan

Mia-Zasa Neketi encroached upon the gates of Orthaal on a bulky, barely-held-together speeder vehicle that appeared to be more of a slow-moving scooter than a high-speed racing bike. The bike was old and constantly breaking down, but still Mia-Zasa used it to travel the distance from her hid-away home in The Outlands to the 'Cartel City', as it was known to her.

Orthaal was a place that harboured mixed feelings for her, as she was very well aware. On one hand, many knew of the force-wielding Witch of Celes by reputation and as a result held feelings of both respect and fear towards her. On the other hand, Orthaal was crawling with all kinds of scum and villainy and many of them wanted her services. She attracted their attention, they came to her with offers of employment and if she even did accept the occasional job for a less-than honourable criminal syndicate there was absolutely no guarantee she wouldn't double-cross them for her own ends.

She was known for this. It had made her many enemies. For every man who wanted her, there would be another man and that man's female companions who wanted her head. So why risk the journey when there was a significant risk that even the guards would open fire at her on sight? Because of drink, gambling, social interaction and decent, chef prepared food.

As her speeder slowed down to pass through the gates, one of the Mandalorian guards approached her and forced her to stop with a hand signal.

"Halt, Witch. What's your purpose here?" The Mandalorian spoke through a full-headed helmet and an electronically filtered voice.

"My business is my own," she replied; her nose practically held in the air above her face.

"That may be," the soldier replied, his voice taking the tone of warning, "but there are several high-ranking members of the Cartel who would pay a pretty price for you. Your presence here invites trouble and I don't welcome trouble passing through my gates."

"Then you chose the wrong city," Mia-Zasa told him with a laugh. "Worry not. I'm here to trade some small commodities on the market. Even a woman like me needs credits, you know. There's no harm in letting me pass. Not today, at least."

"Very well. You're lucky I'm the one on duty, Witch. Go through, cause no trouble and stay away from the cantinas."

"Much obliged," Mia-Zasa thanked him, combing her hair behind her ears as she released the man's mind from the persuasion of the force and hit the acceleration on her vehicle to enter the city.

as written by LuLu6214

Kira lands in Orthaal port with a sigh of relief. "took long enough to get here, it'll be nice to have my feet on the ground."
She stands up from the pilots seat to leave and a sharp burning shot runs through her, suddenly she clutches her side in pain "Haar'chak!(Damn it!) She breathes in slow "K'atini" (suck it up) she whispers to herself. She concentrates on putting the pain to the back of her mind "Ugh, I could use a drink right now."

She grabs her helmet and heads to the door putting it on attempting to ignore the pain from her wound. An explosion that occurred during the acquisition of her ship, lodged a 4 inch piece of shrapnel in her abdomen which she was able to remove, but it has yet to heal and seems to be in the early stages of infection of which she is ignoring.

She takes care of the port fees and paperwork for her ship and asks about the city. She had only heard about Celes but had never seen it till now and it was definitely much nicer than that bustling cesspool Nar Shaddaa.

She walks down the street taking in the sights of people hoping they do not bug her. Vendors sell their wares, someone munches on food from the vendors, a couple of droids make their rounds, a Mandalorian stops some woman at the gate, another looks oblivious maybe stuck in his own mind and shady deals are being done in an alley.

She steps into the cantina, orders a drink and sits in the corner drinking, keeping her eye on the door and contemplating her next steps now that she's free. For now she will enjoy her drink in as much peace as one can get in a cantina and then ask around to see if anyone is hiring.

Chris had finished his meal and decided to grab a drink to wash it down. Walking down the crowded streets, Chris started to get a bad feeling about his previous client. He seemed none too pleased that his offer to join the cartels was rejected. Travelling alone would be an idiot's choice at this point. He steps into the nearby cantina, taking in his surroundings. Sitting down in a booth, he orders a drink, leaning in to whisper to the waiter "Bring me the specialty menu." by that of course, he meant a list of recent rumors and jobs going around. He figured a place like this in a city like this, there were plenty of jobs going around.

He looks over to the corner to see a woman wearing Beskar Armor "Damn, is that a Mandalorian...?" he whispers to himself. A Mandalorian ally would certainly deter most. They were usually rather expensive bodyguards though. He'd have to negotiate a price range, but he should have enough. He would definitely be willing to take on riskier jobs. The server comes back with a drink and a list. He takes a quick drink and keeps the Mandalorian in mind for later in case he needs the help. A nagging thought at the back of his mind told him he may need it, and soon. However, he'd like a bit more information about her before he would think about talking to her. When he asks for a refill, he quickly asks "Know anything about the female Mandalorian over there?" he doesn't get much information as she apparently just arrived not too long ago. "I see...thanks for the info anyway." he slips a few credits into his informant's pocket.

as written by Calcos

Orthaal...

Through the scummy city's dust-ridden streets he strode, clad in a strange assortment of armors that invited the stares and whispers of passersby, words in which he heard clearly but cared naught to acknowledge. His concern wasn't them anyhow, so he continued to saunter along.

His interests were focused, as they always were, on information; information which he could then use to his benefit, furthering his objective of eradicating his enemies, the Sith, once and for all. Zoraka hadn't set foot in this godforsaken place in some time, but a part of him felt at ease for getting the chance to return. The air about him was dry and deathly, and yet refreshing all at once (the latter fact was aided by the air filtration system equipped to his helmet).

The Dark Jedi found himself in the southern district of the city, a regular hive of the worst kind of miscreants all jumbled into one area. It was true that there wasn't an honestly desirable place in Orthaal, but the southern district held the record for being the seediest part of town.

And as if to strengthen that point, Zoraka bore witness as the gates opened, the group of Mandalorian guards minding the area ushering through a familiar figure to those around these parts: Mia-Zasa, the Force Witch. The Dark Jedi scoffed as she rode into town atop her junk heap of a speeder. He didn't know what to make of this woman; was she friend, or foe? Both, or neither? In the grand scheme of things, it really didn't matter to him.

All he knew was that he didn't trust her in the slightest. "Perhaps one day you'll think to con someone out of a better mode of transport, don't you think?" he remarked.

as written by LuLu6214and ConnorTavarin

Kira finishes her first drink and orders another one. She notices someone passing off credits to a waiter, and another patron grabbing a dancing girl who is trying to get away. The patron suddenly hits the girl. Kira sighs and gulps her drink "Just what I need...an idiot", getting up she walks over to the patron who gets ready to hit the girl again.

Kira grabs the patrons raised arm and spins him around "You know it's not nice to hit a lady", the girl gets up and runs away, the patron glares at Kira "Can it, off-worlder. This doesn't concern you!" He takes a swing at Kira who ducks back, lands a swift kick to his knee and swings her helmet. Crack! the helmet makes contact with his head and he slumps to the ground in an unconscious lump.

Kira braces against the table grabbing her side in pain. She flags down a waiter "Get me another drink and give this to the girl for her troubles." She hands a few credits to the waiter before sitting down in the booth. Her drink comes and she gulps it down, slowly her pain subsides....for now.

The girl comes back over handing the credits back "thank you but I can not accept these, I did nothing to earn them." Kira looks at her and points to the moaning lump on the ground Take them, you put up with that guy and he never paid you so go enjoy it..

"Thank you!" the girl smiles and hurries away. Kira orders another drink and stares into her glass "How many drinks is that now? Her thoughts begin to wander. She looks up and notices the guy who paid the waiter shooting glances over in her direction. She finishes up her drink and goes to the bar and orders 2 more drinks.

She walks over and sits in his booth and sets the drink in front of him. "If you are looking for information on a person, it's generally a good idea to ask that person, as long as they aren't the type to take your head off or unless you have the credits to keep your head. The names Kira and based on that little transfer, I suspect you are in the market for something in particular." She leans back in her seat and takes a drink.

____

Watching the short fight between Kira and the thuggish patron amused Chris. He grinned until he saw that she was favoring one side, slightly worried for her health. He let out a curious "Hm..." when the exchange was over. He looked at the drink that was set on his table and opts not to drink it. He had learned the hard way that drinking something offered in a shady place like this wasn't exactly smart. "Good eye. I'm Chris Reinhardt, but just Chris'll do. You can't be too careful in places like this. Someone can look perfectly normal but the second you try to strike a conversation you got a blaster in your face. Anyway...what you did there was a fine piece of work. These dancers have a tough enough time trying to earn an honest credit. They don't need those degenerates making their days harder." he glanced down to her injured side "You okay? You're favoring a side...blaster shot grazed you or something?" he asked casually, though his intention was sympathetic. Despite being in a dirty business, Chris cared for people who did the right thing, at least what he considered right anyway.

____

Kira looks down at her side and finishes off her drink "I'm fine, nothing a few drinks wont fix. As for that guy, I was in a good mood so he was lucky that he didn't get shot." The lump on the ground gets up and stumbles out the door. "I'm still deciding if that was a good first impression or if it's gonna land me into trouble with the locals. I do like having my feet on solid ground for the time being."

She picks up the drink she left for Chris and begins sipping on it, no point in wasting credits on a drink that isn't going to be drunk, especially when she had to waste credits on that sleemo with an affinity for defenseless girls. The thought of credits caused her to check her current financial status, low. Not enough for a place to stay, food to eat beyond a day or two, or medical care for her injury.

So Chris, what brings you to Orthaal? She asks intently. Noticing a nagging feeling, something was off, a force disturbance "oh great" she thought to herself. Sometimes she disliked being force sensitive around cities teeming with people, there was always a chance of running into Sith...or Jedi, neither of which she liked. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and glanced at the door. She finished her drink, "that's enough to drink for me.".

____

Chris would have insisted that she should look for medical help, but arguing with a Mandalorian very rarely ends well. "Regardless, it was a good thing you did. Certain people will like what you did, others won't. It's sort of how things work since you can't please everybody." he said. To answer her question "I came here for...a job. A type of job that's just not cutting it anymore, so I've decided to take on something bigger. Though to do that, I'll need help. That's where you potentially come in. We negotiate a price range that makes both of us happy and pick a job that will help us reach that goal. Let's see..." he pulls out the sheet of paper given to him. He looks over the paper and seems rather shocked at one of the jobs "Okay...that's a lot of credits and I mean a lot of credits. Kira, we do this job and we'll be set for some time." he showed her the job he was looking at. Indeed the reward was great, but it was rather ambiguous over what kind of goods they were trading. "Though...we'll have to make sure we're not doing anything particularly nasty. Even though I'll let people do drugs since that's their decision...slave trade's a no go for me. How about we go investigate the client and see what we can find out? The job says to meet him at the southern gate in about half an hour."

Chris stood up "It's better than nothing at the very least." he walked over to the door before looking back "If this works out, I'll spring for the medical bill. Though if you insist I won't bother you about it. Just don't go getting sick, alright?" he said. So much money going to total strangers today. Chris didn't know when this charitable, chivalrous nature overtook him, but it felt good despite the fact that he would never admit it. He waits for Kira before going any further.

____

Kira slides out of the booth and follows Chris while putting on her helmet. "I won't get sick, I just consumed enough liquor to keep anything at bay for a month." They walk for a short period of time, "I'll take most any job if it pays well, as long as it isn't a certain...slave trade, so on that we are at least agreed. Did the paper mention anything about the person you are to meet?" The liquor, and Chris's sincerity, has made her somewhat friendlier than usual, not something she wants to be recognized for.

"If it is the cartel that is hiring are you prepared to take that job or should I be ready to kill someone and secure a getaway? All my interactions with the cartels tell me they aren't too fond of being told no, unless you will kill them over it. So I want to make sure we are on the same page about that and we still have to negotiate payment."

She pauses for a moment "Also, I want to make sure I know what it is you are hiring me to do exactly, If it's security I need to know how involved it will be and if it is as a bodyguard I need to know how functional and competent you are in a fight.

We arrive at the gate, armed Mandalorians and Droids bustle around the area and stop incoming vehicles. Kira leans against the wall observing those coming into the city and getting a feel for the situation they were about to face. "So, now we wait...I've never been the patient type."

____

Chris scanned the area for potential trouble, which could honestly be anyone here. Chris began to answer Kira's questions "The paper said it should be a Twi'lek. As for what you'd do, you'd be a bodyguard. Don't worry, I can handle myself as long as I keep my distance. Sure I can hold my own for a bit in close quarters, but I'm better staying back. As for whether or not it's cartel business...I dunno, we'll improvise." he said. After waiting for about ten minutes, Chris and Kira were waved over by a nervous looking Twi'lek. Nodding to Kira, Chris walks over to the Twi'lek. He greets the two "Good you're here...I assume it's about the job?" he asks. Chris crosses his arms "Yeah...first we need more info. What's the cargo and who's arranging it?" he asked sternly. The Twi'lek nods in understanding "I can't tell you too much about the cargo itself but...this was actually organized by some big shots over at the Galt Mara Jedi Praxeum...the cargo's probably just some artifacts or some-" he's cut off by Chris "Wait wait wait...the Praxeum? You've got to be joking. No way those self-righteous goody goodies would stoop to hiring smugglers." he said. The Twi'lek shrugs "All I heard was that they would do anything to keep whatever this stuff is out of the hands of the black market or Sith...look you in or not?" he said, giving Chris little room for negotiation.

Chris looked over to Kira, thinking for a moment before turning back to the Twi'lek "Ugh, okay fine, I'll do it. Just give me the coordinates to the goods, alright?" he asked. After signing the deal, Chris got the data for where the cargo was stashed. The Twi'lek took his leave as Chris runs his hand through his hair in frustration "I don't like the Jedi...but man, the Sith are much worse and if it's true they want whatever this stuff is, it can't be good. You still up for bodyguard duty, Kira?" he asked her. He wasn't sure what she thought of Jedi or Sith, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure. Even though this job got a lot more complicated, it also got a lot more interesting for Chris. What would make the Jedi hire smugglers? The answer made him curious enough to set aside his dislike for the Jedi, at least for now.

____

Kira listens to the exchange between Chris and the Twi'lek, running over every single possible scenario in her head as to how this could go completely wrong. She thinks about the question for a bit "Truthfully Chris, I am as intrigued about this cargo as much as you are especially if the Jedi are moving to illegal and unconventional methods in order to secure it, this could prove to be a rather lucrative deal. And I have to say as much as I hate the Jedi and well, I don't think they would like me too much, I could use the credits and I am sure you could as well. That being said we should be prepared because if the Jedi want this cargo then so will the Sith and that could most definitely spell trouble...or more credits... depending on your loyalties. Anyway, you pay me to be a bodyguard so that I will do."

Her voice trails off along with her mind "Sorry, I was just running over scenarios in my head, lead the way. I do however need to make a quick stop at a vendor here and grab a few supplies with my few remaining credits, I think that one over there has what I need." She walks about 30 feet away to a vendor and picks up the supplies and asks to use the back room for a bit of privacy. "I'll be a minute."

She walks into the back and removes her helmet and chest armor and lifts up the side of her undershirt to expose a discolored and bloody bandage which she promptly removes to reveal a large bloody wound that is growing increasingly infected with time. Kira pulls out high proof liquor, she keeps for situations like this, to clean the wound, far cheaper than a medical antiseptic and far more painful.

She takes a swig of the bottle and pours some of the liquor over her wound and let out an extremely muffled yell. "Haar'chak! Haar'chak! Haar'chak!" and an entire slew of unrecognizable Mandalorian curse words. She braces herself against the wall and takes another drink then promptly wraps the wound with a clean bandage she just bought, puts on her armor and helmet and walks back outside. "Ok, I am good to go. Where are we headed to pick up the cargo? I'll follow you."

____

Pondering for a moment, Chris shook his head "No matter how much more the Sith or anyone else offer, no way I'll let them get their hands on whatever this is. What the Jedi are offering is enough for me. In any case, the cargo should be stashed about seventy miles to the south-east under a rock formation.. Shouldn't take too long to get there. We'll take my ship." he said, motioning for her to follow him. Once at the docks, he gets cleared for takeoff as he looks it over "It may not be much to look at, but the Anomaly has gotten me through some tough spots. It's a miracle it's still in one piece." he said, laughing slightly. "Now I only got one rule about my ship. If you see a lock box anywhere, don't touch it. Don't even ask about it. It's something I'd rather not explain." he said, stepping into the ship. Sitting at the cockpit, he inputs the coordinates and prepares to launch, though he waits for Kira to be ready to go as well.

____

Kira follows Chris on board and sits in the co-pilots seat "Hey we all have secrets and I understand not wanting to share them, my record is far from clean so I am the last person to judge you on what you have in your past." She looks around the cockpit "You have a nice ship, you can always tell how well made something is by how much abuse it can take, I have yet to put my ship through any abuse, since I acquired it recently."

"I am ready to get going. Really hoping this isn't a double cross, Jedi don't typically break the law and the last thing I want to do is end up arrested because the Jedi have nothing better to do than to go after an honest smuggler and mercenary rather than Sith. And why aren't they having Jedi do it if it is so important?" she paused "Sorry Chris I don't trust Jedi as far as I can throw them..." she paused realizing that with force abilities and her tech she could actually throw a Jedi, "I mean I just don't trust them, 'peaceful path' and all yet they carry these lightsabers and use mind tricks on some poor unsuspecting wermo. It seems hypocritical, honestly. Whatever happened to a good old fight and beating your opponent to a pulp?" She sits there in contemplation for a while.

as written by Nevan

The snide remark concerning her choice of vehicular transport caused Mia-Zasa to slow down her speeder before she went too far and find herself face-to-helmet with a man who looked out of place in a city full of out of place people. She felt a very... Particular aura around him, one she had never come across before. It felt almost like a focused darkness.

"I much prefer my Rancor, but the cartel aren't too fond of me bringing him here. Alas, I am stuck instead with this piece-of-junk speeder and a heart too kind to con any but the most deserving out of their hard-stolen credits. You seem to care an awful lot about my transport for a complete and utter stranger, though. Perhaps you'd like to donate to my speeder fund? I take credits by chip and transfer, but you could always steal a speeder whole and I would still accept it."

She paused for a moment, then nodded towards a dealer in vehicle commodities. Essentially a workshop, garage and vehicle dealership in one; it looked shady, felt shady and even smelled shady. "I like my speeders to have a striking colour and a high speed," she revealed, as though certainly expecting something to come out of the situation.

She began to skimmer closer to it, then climbed down from her mechanical mount and perused the selection of new/stolen vehicles with her eyes.

as written by Calcos

Zoraka wasn't amused, or impressed by the Witch's attitude, and merely scoffed as she sauntered away as if to partake in the stolen speeders she was now browsing. "Crazy she-beast doesn't know an insult when she hears one," he muttered. He resigned to leave her be, as associating with one of her stature could lead to very dangerous places for him.

Not that he minded danger, but the nuisance of dealing with insignificant and trivial opposition didn't much sit well with him.

To that end, he turned on his heel and strode in the other direction, peering over the various shops for the odd wares and provisions that would feed his endeavor.

Elsewhere, Thalgan was grazing around the rumor mill, listening intently for any jobs that were available. He'd throw in with the local cartels if the price was right, but for now he preferred to keep his head low until he got a better sense of the place. He hadn't been back in quite some time, and the climate had likely changed.

Such was the way of the underworld; things tended to change quickly, especially by way of the gun. It only took one well-placed shot to come out as king of the dust bowl, as even amid the myriad criminal scum that lurked within these anarchic ruins, there was need for a leader.

It was a desperate situation of the corrupt leading the corruptible, and there was plenty of both to go around. And alas, even Thalgan was susceptible to the bug --for the right price, of course. Indeed, he wasn't motivated by the need to rule over the villains and the crime lords; no, his need was much more simple. To him, it was all about the money.

Walking through the streets of Orthaal, the Mandalorian found himself bordered by trees on both sides; they were small organic structures, bearing bright green-colored leaves. The sight of them was pleasant in such an unpleasant place, causing Thalgan to smile more than he had in quite some time. Sighing with contentment, he ducked his way into a nearby shop.

He found he had miscounted his stock of spare ammunition.

Chris sets the ship on autopilot as he leans back in his seat "Eh, the Jedi are decent enough...lightsabers and all. My big issue with them is that they can't save people when it actually matters." he said rather angrily. "I was going to be an honest person, living the dream and make my family proud...then a ship I was on got blasted into space dust and who was there to help? Not the damn Jedi that's for sure! They've got more important business like making sure a Sith doesn't kick a puppy." he sighed deeply "Sorry about that. The Jedi are a bit of a sore subject for me as well. Anyway, it's probably a politician who wants to present the artifact to the Jedi himself so he can get some brownie points. He gets recognition for it, we get paid."

Chris kept quiet for the rest of the trip until they got close enough to the retrieval site to land "Alright, let's get this thing and get our creds." he hops up from the seat and begins walking towards the exit of the ship. This was all way too easy. No way they would offer this many credits for such a low risk job...he kept his hand on his blaster just in case. "Better not be a damn set up..."

as written by LuLu6214

Kira removes her helmet and sits back, enjoying the flight,"My issues with the Jedi run deep but it's a long story, one I am not too keen on sharing as I am sure is the same with you."

A short time later they arrive at the supposed retrieval site, she puts her helmet back on and gets up, following Chris off the ship.

A large amount of credits was great but getting things so easily did not sit well with her, that along with the disturbance earlier had her on high alert. "Nothing should ever be this easy, except getting a drink at the cantina." She readies the blaster rifle slung over her shoulder "I'm not taking any chances. With such uncertainty I feel it is best to shoot first and ask questions later...but that could leave us without payment. At the first sign of trouble though I am taking action."

as written by Calcos

Below the wilds of Senara...

The silence of meditation served to calm him. He focused on a central area in his mind, channeling all of his emotion to that one focal point. It granted him clarity, and with that clarity came a better understanding of the power he possessed. He felt a soothing wave of energy flow through him as if it were a river's waters, serving to put his mind in a higher state.

Then, he felt a pang of distortion, his focus ripped apart by a single ripple in his mind. A disturbance in the Force; one that did not suit his needs. Gannon's eyes snapped open, and his brow furrowed, a snarl curling his lips. He continued to sit, his fists clenched and ready to exterminate the source of the disturbance.

He was sure he knew where it had come from.

Just then, his apprentice, Amalgama, sauntered into the hideaway her master had nestled them into. With her, she had brought a large, bloodstained ivory tusk, leaving it suspended in a Force hold behind her. She approached her master and set the unwieldy bone at his feet, bowing as she did, not saying a word.

Gannon stood from his throne, casting his gaze downward at the tusk his apprentice had retrieved, and then looking to the young woman himself. "Arise, Nesha," he spoke. She did, standing at a height far lower than he, her Force-sight allowing her to visualize her master's stature.

"You have done well, and for that you shall be rewarded. But now, I have another task for you..." he trailed off, pacing back and forth in front of her, his hands clasped behind him, his rage under control as he spoke.

"I am feeling an irregularity in the Force. It would seem there are some...valuable assets, shall we say, lost somewhere near the border of Orthaal. I fear that these items may fall into the wrong hands. That is why I need you to retrieve them. It is imperative that you do not fail me. Now go."

With that, Gannon took his place upon his throne once more, and Amalgama left to carry out her master's bidding...

---

Somewhere outside of Orthaal...

Piloting the Grail of Shadows, Amalgama flew the stealth ship through the outskirts of Orthaal. Reaching out with the Force, she attempted to locate the exact whereabouts of these "assets" her master desired. It mattered not to her what these objects were, only the possibility that these items would grant her master and herself considerable power.

However, try as she might, she was unable to sense where they were. It was starting to become frustrating, and she was beginning to question whether or not these objects existed at all, and whether or not her master was merely sending her on a wild rancor chase --again-- for no earthly reason other than to purposelessly and redundantly test her.

She would have given up hope, if not for the blip that appeared on her radar. There was a ship, southward of the border of Orthaal, mere kilometers from her current position. Luckily enough for her, her own vessel was cloaked from such radar scans, so the ship in question likely would not notice her. All she had to do was follow along.

Perhaps these pilgrims would do her dirty work for her.

---

She landed nearby, but far enough away as to not be noticed. Surfacing over a sand dune, she "saw" figures in the distance, crouching low as to remain hidden. One of them was a smuggler, the other a...

"Mandalorian," she said quietly to herself. That might prove troublesome for her. She decided to get closer, staying hidden between the elevations of sand surrounding her. She began to feel a strange sensation as she eased closer, the feeling growing in strength the further she approached. It was when she was some yards away that she realized what this feeling was:

She was sensing the Force within one of the two travelers. 'Just what I need,' she thought. She crept closer, attempting to conceal her presence from the two, both physically and spiritually. She was within earshot now, able to make out the low tones of their slightly distant voices.

From this range, she could eavesdrop all she wanted.

At this point the caution was understandable. He wasn't told of another contact and it's too out of the way of civilization for normal people to just be wandering around. He looked around the rock formation for a few minutes before he found a little indent in the formation "I think I found it." he said, reaching into it. Once he got a grip, he pulled out a container and checked to make sure there wasn't anything else. "All that for this...what could be in this that's so valuable?" he opens the container to find a strange cube-like object "It looks like...a holocron." then the realization hit him. "Oh no it's a holocron. Kira we need to get out of here, like right now." he said in a panic. Putting the holocron back into its container, he carried it with him, his free hand on his blaster pistol. He knew how much these things meant to the Jedi and Sith. Only bad things could result from someone else having their hands on it. He took a look around the area, trigger finger ready in case things need to be shot.

as written by LuLu6214

They arrived at the rock formation there was no life within physical sight of them but Kira remembered the disturbance in the force earlier. She reached out using the force to find anything out there that was living. A haze, she couldn't sense any clarity only a haze. Suddenly her mind was brought back to their position by Chris and the panic in his voice, "Oh no it's a holocron. Kira we need to get out of here, like right now."

"Great, if I know one thing, Sith and Jedi will start whole wars over knowledge and information contained on holocrons. Yes let's be on our way." They begin to walk back toward the ship "Chris if we run into trouble just get to the ship and secure the holocron while I handle it, don't worry about me, the holocron is our top priority. We need those credits."

She tried to act as if who got the holocrons did not concern her but Chris was right, as much as she hated the Jedi they were more deserving of such information than the Sith. She walked along with Chris, her rifle at the ready, to shoot any threat.

as written by Calcos

It was now or never. Amalgama appeared to them, a lithe figure clad in dark clothing, standing over the two scavengers from her perch atop the dune nearby. "I'm afraid..." she began, "...that I can't let you two leave here with that," she said, gesturing towards the holocron. Taking the hilt from her belt, Amalgama activated the blade of her lightsaber; a destabilized, purple beam, radiating in what appeared to be broken fragments of plasma. She scowled at the two as her peculiar "vision" took scope of them.

"I'll give you but one chance to leave this place with your lives intact."

Chris looked at the Miraluka as she drew her lightsaber "Well, damn...this is going to be a problem." he said. The problem was, even if Kira were to distract her while Chris escapes with the holocron, chances are the Sith would be able to disable the ship or rip it from the sky with the Force. The fact that she was a Miraluka, who were naturally gifted with the Force, didn't make the situation any better. "Should have invested in a vibroblade..." he said, cursing his luck.

Looking to Kira, he said "I think we're going to have to work together to take her down. I have a few concussion grenades and I've gotten used to their detonation time...I can throw one to her before it goes off so she doesn't have time to repel it. Hopefully it will knock her off balance enough for you to shoot her." the plan was risky, but it could work. It just needed to work out perfectly. "I hope you're on board with it because I'm doing it anyway." he said with a sly smile.

as written by LuLu6214

She looks to Chris and nods "Just avoid melee combat with her." She reaches down set to unholster her slugthrower, but opts to use her blaster rifle, leaving her slugthrower for later or her lightsaber as a last resort. "We don't have much choice Chris so make whatever you do count."

She points her rifle at the miraluka and centers herself breathing in deep. The seconds creep past like hours of anticipation as she waits for Chris to throw the grenade or the miraluka to surprise them.

as written by Calcos

"You two realize I can hear you?" Amalgama said with a smirk. Regardless, they were impeding her progress, and she couldn't allow them to make off with the holocron. Her master wanted it, so she would retrieve it.

With a Force-assisted jump, she leaped into the air overhead the two treasure hunters, landing to where their backs would be in that moment. Focusing her efforts, she would cast out a stream of Force lightning, seeking to electrocute one of her opponents, while simultaneously throwing her saber in a wide arc at the other, freeing up her second hand as to add more power to her Force-powered assault.

She flashed a malicious grin, hoping to strike down either of the two, or both of them, with her attacks.

Chris cursed under his breath at the Sith's words and braced himself as she leaped over them. At this point he could either turn around and be face to face with whatever nasty surprise that surely awaited him or take a dive down a nearby slope. He opted for the latter and dove for the slope, keeping the holocron close to his chest as he rolled down the small slope. Quickly standing and drawing his blaster, her turned around and aimed, the quick thought of where to aim racing through his head "Disable her hands...? No...too small a target." he thought to himself before shooting for the center of mass. With a distinctive zap, his blaster fired red beams of energy towards Amalgama, aiming for her torso.

Back