Ceris - A Nationbuilding RP (OOC)

thespacekid

Reality is lemons and the internet's my lemonade!
Lore

In the beginning, the first few tribes fought fierce wars and established what resembled kingdoms. Constantly warring against each other, fighting off barbarians, struggling with internal conflict, these early kingdoms started collapsing.

This was until a young prince from the southernmost icy wastelands of Ceris unified the entire land under his rule, subjugating existing kingdoms as well as all the wild territories. Under the rule of High King Suavatr Ceris flourished, reaching new heights of peace and prosperity. However, not all good things last, and Suavatr perished in a hunting accident, leaving a void in the seat of power. The night he died, the sky lit up with shooting stars, almost as if signalling the end of an era.

A few months after that, the land of Ceris descended into what many called the Last War. Any sense of order collapsed and wars were fought unforgivingly. Things were changing on an unprecedented scale, with new and old factions battling for power. Everyone wanted what the man who almost became a god had – Ceris.

Now, unknown to the people yet, even more changes are happening to Ceris. In the aftermath of a 20-year war, peace has finally started settling in, yet tensions are high and trust is low. In this time, there are many new contenders for the ruler of the land, but will this time be as violent as the last?

Plot

In this RP, players will make characters that lead their kingdoms/states into a struggle to be the one ruler of the land, or perish in the process. You can each claim your capitals and territory around (As long as it's within reason), fill your character sheets and we can start playing around with diplomacy and military might!

Map

ezSzg5a.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm I can totally add some isles in the bottom left. How does a chain of small islands sound as compared to a big one?

I might be interested! I always liked Nation building RP's. While I'm pretty busy, I think i'll give this one a try!

You guys can go ahead and get started on the exhaustive CS we have all thanks to @ChelonianCommander !
We could pretty much continue using this as the OOC But I'll make an IC thread with a tab for character sheets in a bit. Please post your sheets there directly!

Also please note that even though it's a fantasy map and there are fantasy species, there is no magic, as that's just kind of a wild card and changes the scene completely. As for city claims, let me know and I'll put your city on there and mark out some territory. Please don't go overboard with claiming territory :)

Empire (Note I’m using Empire as a catch-all term. This can apply to nations, city-states etc.)
  • Empire Name: (Name of the Empire)
  • Empire Adjective: (What do your people call themselves? Rome has Romans, Greece have Greeks and so on.)
  • National Symbol: (What kind of banner or icon does your empire stand under?)
  • Empire Leader: (Who rules, or is the figurehead of your empire?)
  • Succession: (Is your leader selected by election, birthright or in another manner?)
  • Government: (Who and how is your Empire is run?)
  • Slavery: (Is slavery allowed in your empire and if so then how are your slaves treated)?
  • Ethics: (The general morals of your Empire?)
  • Foreign affairs: (How your empire generally thinks of outsiders and foreigners?)
  • Religion: (What god/s does your Empire worship if any?)
  • Land Located: (What is the name of the continent/state/country/world your empire is located in?)
  • Climate: (The general Climate of the Empire.)
  • Agriculture: (What does your Empire do to obtain and produce to feed its people?)
  • Currency: (What sort of currency your Empire uses. If they simply trade then say ‘Bartering’)
  • Valued Resources: (What resources that your empire produces that is considered valuable to everyone else?)
  • Population: (The current population of your Empire.)
  • Class Demographic: (What percentage of people in your empire are nobles, peasants, slaves and such??)
  • Species Demographic: (What are the various species that make up your lands and what percentage to they make up?)
  • Empire Strengths: (What are the Empire’s greatest strengths?)
  • Empire Weaknesses: (What are the Empire’s most exploitable weaknesses?)
  • Military: (What is the Military like and consists of?)
  • Military Might: (How many brave warriors make up the military?)
  • Military Strengths: (What are the Military’s greatest strengths?)
  • Military Weaknesses: (What are the Military’s most exploitable weaknesses?)
  • History: (How did your Empire came to be?)

I've never done a nation builder RP before, but I would love to give it a try if you would have me.

@Stoic Nice CS! I love the Fifth Element gif!

Okay, can I ask you to do just one more things for me? Mark out the areas you want on the map in paint or something along with the capital and if you want other major cities as well. I'll edit everything on one consolidated map so don't worry if it's rough around the edges.

@Yoda Go ahead and make a CS, claim your spot on the map and I'll check it out!

@thespacekid Uhh I don't. Uhm I'm not really sure what a fifth element gif is I mean I know what the fifth element is and I know what a gif is?

How do I actually mark it out? Sorry i'm still kind of new to this

@Stoic the gif you posted is of Ruby Rhod from the movie The Fifth Element!

Hmm, do you have any picture editing software on your computer such as MS Paint?

Alright, I'll use paint. Also I think that gif was from somebody else I haven't posted any gifs. I want to guess Imperator

Raises hand
Yo, mind if I join? Never tried a nationbuilding RP, so this seems like an excellent chance to figure out if I'm fond of it.

View attachment 1191

Depending on how big the other kingdoms are either the red if lots of people join or the yellow if there's plenty of land going around. The diamonds are the capital and I might ask to add some castles to hold the passes later.

Back