Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Cerulean Coast

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Sentry

A sunrise on the Cerulean Coast was a sight that was lost on so many. The waves were mild. Peachy light pierced through the water and touched the seafloor, allowing a glimpse of the world that swam below. Tall seaweed swayed calmly, and their inhabitants glimmered as they skimmed the water's surface. For that precious, clear moment when the sun hadn't yet pulled itself over the horizon, the sea was made of gold.

Before the blue leaked back in, she saw it. The hum of the approaching vehicles had almost distracted her, but with her own eyes, she saw the lash of a titanic, scaly tail and the wave it pushed toward the shore before it disappeared.

Giddily, the elven onlooker danced toward the beach as the wave loped toward her, knees kicking toward her chest. Unsuccessful, she was knocked down on her hands with a jubilant howl as a wave washed over her calves.

"Oh, what a sight I'll be," she sniggered to herself. Plopping upward, she brushed her hands off onto her pants and waited for her company to arrive. There had been multiple little cars sent over to a rendezvous point within Lutetia City- just to make sure everyone that could have possibly accepted wouldn't be left out- and they were arriving on a poorly maintained gravel road a bit uphill from the beach. The elf marched over to the dirt lot it lead to and waited.

She was everything one could expect from an adventurer. From head to toe, she was in a baggy tan blouse, brown trousers with too many pockets, and absolutely no shoes. She was wet and covered in sand.

The best wildlife troop guide one could ask for.

Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by coffee

This was a life time opportunity; an opportunity so little achieved! Needless to say, the medic was thrilled. All day and all night the prior weeks she couldn't sleep a wink- how was she supposed to? Médée was born and raised in Lutetia. Her parents were overbearing, though endearing, but never let the girl out of their sight. It was understandable: she was quite excitable and often times too curious for her own good.
Naturally, her desires to venture and explore grew as she aged. By the time she was wandering the Lutetian streets helping the sick, Médée realized that there were so much more beyond the city walls. So many civilians who needed medical attention and who needed a spring in their step!

The second the raggedy car pulled over to their rendezvous, the doctor leaped out. Lugging her bag over her shoulder, Médée staggered at the scene before her. The ocean was... beautiful! The waves clashed calmly and the soft rays danced across each ripple; it was mesmerizing. If it wasn't for the woman who stood proudly at the designated spot, she would've lost herself to the sea. The guide looked hopeful. Her attire- her expression and the sand that stuck to her skin all screamed adventure!

"Hello," Médée hummed, approaching her with a wide grin, "nice view, huh?" Her eyes moved from the explorer and back to the beach. There were so many things to discover and so little time! Glancing back to her guide, she laughed briefly. "Are you all right, though? Aren't you cold?"

as written by ConquererMan

The shop of oddities and peculiarities was hardly out of place among the other venues in the bazaar that stretched along the block. It did help that the whole of the city was rather drably uniform, apparently void of actual growth despite it's world "renown" fashion and cuisine. Gothic architecture reigned supreme all through out the various buildings that lined the city street, gracing the fronts of windows with wrought iron bars or corner pillars and pointed spires dotting roof tops. It almost seemed cliche that such a store would find a home in a city like Lutetia.

Inside sat a being even more peculiar that the items he was selling, aside from a few pieces that were even stranger than he was. The alien entity was tucked away at his station in the rear of the shop, hidden by shelves and stands that were almost haphazardly laid this way and that in the center of the store. The only indication anyone was around was the soft, almost sickly lights that hung overhead and a single sign that read "open" with the 'O' being replaced by a five armed spiral that reversed direction part way into center.

The ding from a lone bell atop the door announced the arrival of a potential customer, rousing the blob behind the register from it's dormant state. The hooded figured rose up off it's perch, stretching it's posture fully as it moved for the first time in two days.

"Anyone here," a soft feminine voice called out in curiosity, with a hint of fear in shoppers voice.

"Yes," a guttural reply came, muffled by the sound of rolling flesh.

"Oh good, I was just... curious about this place, I've seen it on my way to work so many times," the woman, red headed and dressed like she was late for a meeting of some kind, said as she picked through the knickknacks and curios.

"Your curiosity is well founded, though I doubt you'll find the item you're looking for," the creature replied, shuffling towards the front. His visage was shrouded in the shadow cast by his hood, a leathery fabric that draped over most of the being's face. Only a few tentacles wiggled about in view of the light, and even they were retracted- mostly.

"Well you never know..." she started to reply before being cut off.

"You will not find a locket like your late sister's here, I promise you that," he replied, now towering over the woman. "Though you might find an item you weren't looking for."

A six fingered hand reached out towards a shelf that was littered with what looked like junk at first glance. A second later a gold orb was retrieved behind an inhuman skull decorated with jewels and a crown. The woman was entranced by the golden orb immediately, fighting to not reach out and touch it as best she could.

"What... what is it," she asked hesitantly.

"What it is is not as important to you more than what it can do," the Shopkeeper explained, extending his hand out to her so she could hold it.

"Then what does it do?"

Without a word the orb was delicately placed in the woman's outstretched hand. She'd failed to notice her body had moved of it's own volition. As if it already knew she wanted the orb, even needed it.

Her eyes went wide as soon as the metallic surface touched her hand, gaze lingering nothing in front of her, not even the beastly store owner. She stood there for what seemed like an eternity before snapping out of her stupor and handing the device back to its' proper owner. A single tear was running down her cheek.

"How, how much," she asked, holding both her hands to her chest.

"One shift's work here in the store," he replied.

"Wait, can't I pay you for it, I... I can't work here I have another job," she replied, distraught at the circumstance that tore her one way and another.

"I have no desire for your money, but I do need someone to watch the store for a period of time, one shift to be exact," he explained, "now will you accept this offer or not, I need to find someone soon."

The woman's continuance was torn, unable to look above an inch off the floor as she fought with herself. Eventually she came to a conclusion and let out a deep sigh as if to signal as such.

"Okay, I accept," she remarked in a soft almost defeated tone.

"Good, now do not touch anything, do not sell anything to anyone, and do not answer any question beyond 'yes we are open' and 'no, we do not have that'," the creature explained. The woman began to purse her lips together to speak up and ask a question but it was preempted by a "Do not worry about customers, you will only encounter three while you are working, and none will find what they are looking for."

"Wait, how long am I going to be working for," she asked, but was given no answer as the Shopkeeper had already began his retreat towards the back of the store and disappearing behind a heavy leather curtain. A few minutes later he reappeared, now downing an even larger cloak and hood. All along his front were chains and ropes that were adorned with talismans, totems, fetishes, symbols, amulets and effigies. All of them were alien to the woman, recognizing none but the fire armed spiral that adorned the sign out front. Also among the accouterments was a lone pouch hung far above the rest, empty for the time being.

"Do not worry about time," he finally answered. Reaching out with his six fingered left hand again, the shopkeeper placed a lone digit on the woman's forehead and traced a simple spiral around a central point above her right brow. "It is a fleeting and fickle thing."

____

The hooded figure had been watching the horizon for quite sometime. Even well before the arrival of the elven adventurer. It wasn't the sea itself that drew his attention however, but rather the still visible night sky. Or what few stars and celestial bodies peered through the slowly growing veil of the morning sky.

Eventually the pin pricks of light faded into the red and then blue of the sunrise, leaving the Shopkeeper with just a singular star to gaze upon, and one wet adventurer acting like a child.

For the time being the creature kept his watch above the beach off to the side where the rocks had been pushed back and were now arching towards the sky. He kept an eye on the woman as she retreated herself up to the lone gravel lot that gave visitors access to this stretch of shore, wondering how many more had seen the woman's ad and had answered her call to venture forth out into the wilderness.

His question was at least partially answered when a vehicle approached and disgorged a human with a darker complexion than the elf. There was something else about her as well that seemed, different.

The Shopkeeper wagered with himself that there would be one other. Perhaps two if he was mistaken. It'd do him no good to stay off to the side until all had arrived now, if that was the case. And with that he began his trek down towards the beach and up to the gravel lot.

"Waves have swallowed up bigger things than you," the Shopkeeper remarked towards the damp elf, butting into the conversation. He was careful not to speak too fast and unfurl the tentacles that were hidden beneath his garb, leaving his form to vaguely humanoid and hiding the details that'd give away his true nature.

as written by Subtlepapaya

Erik pulled up to an old dilapidated building looking somewhat out of place among the gothic buildings of the inner cities of Lutetia. However it could still stand to reason that it just wasn't worth sprucing up again as the parking lot had become a safe haven from parking meters. The lean young man opened the run down door of his towny car. It was early into the night, and Erik was ready to begin the assignment. He approached an old steel door lit only with a green lamp overhead. Erik knew the routine, he knocked three times, waited twenty seconds then knocked twice. A grey hand pushed open the door.

"I am here for the interview," Erik stated as he stood before the supposed muscle at the door. The large and imposing figure nodded and motioned towards the back office. The password was obviously poor, but Mr. Orleaux was not one for his creativity. The inside building was possibly the ugliest thing he had ever seen. Wood paneling, an ugly green carpet met with a near urine yellow tile set, and multi-colored light fixtures lit the room. "This is the worst interior decorating I have seen in my life," Erik exclaimed trying to engage in pleasantries with the enforcer.

"Yep," the bouncer replied obviously one not for conversation. Erik shrugged it off as he was already getting anxious, this job was supposedly going to pay big bucks and for a simple job too! He opened the wooden door and there feet propped up on the desk was a fat middle aged moustached man. "About time you got here, I figured you were busy applying make-up to that pretty boy face of yours."

"And I figured the obese clinic lost their resident fat ass," Erik replied. Orleaux gave a wry smile and motioned to a seat. He lugged over a somewhat small brown duffel bag. It reeked of tourist.

"It has everything. What you will need, and what you requested," Orleaux continued. "You will be meeting a group of people on the coast. A car will be provided for you in Lutetia. Don't worry, there isn't an exact time to show up. You won't meet anyone til you hit the beach. An elf will be your guide through a forest, there you will be picking up the ingredients. Here's the list." Orleaux handed him a piece of papyrus paper. Erik reviewed it for a moment.

"It's blank," he replied.

"I know, but the guy said that it would appear when you got close to the ingredients. The pocket watch will produce a slight vibration when you are close to the ingredients as well," Orleaux handed him the pocket watch. It looked like a stock watch from a super-store. An image of a saint was engraved on the back with a daisy on the front. Opening it, it gave the correct time. "There is also sun screen in the bag. Don't worry it won't make you sparkle," Orleaux said laughing. " A vampire on vacation, this is a first for me."

Erik shot him a glare but Orleaux kept laughing. "Do you know whose our employer this time?" Erik murmured while taking the bag and digging through it's contents. "Or how dangerous it is going to be?"

"No, but when I talked to them they said that the mission was basically just collect the stuff and give it to them. I inquired about what for and how dangerous but they only stated that it's more of a pleasure ingredient than it was something for war." Orleaux leaned back in his chair, "The Monastery doesn't know, and the Houses don't care enough to prod further. Maybe House Roux would as it is a pleasure drug but other than that nobody really gives a damn. Just you and a nice hike."

Erik nodded, "Guess that's it then. Bye."

"Yep. Oh! And be smart with the sunscreen. There's only so much of it, the guys stated that it shouldn't be THAT long of a trip."

Erik shrugged, "The only thing I'm worried about is if my boss will fire me back at the day job." Erik closed the door behind him, he crawled back into his car and set out.

====================

He had stopped at a rest station, and was already applying the balm. It was apparently a skin brightener too. Already the corpse grey skin became a healthy white. He dabbed a small extra glop just to make sure it looked obvious he was wearing lotion. He already had an alibi. Small time alchemist looking for a trek through the forest. He sized himself up, sun hat, check, bland blue shirt, check, jeans, check, boots, check. He reviewed the contents of his bag. Several blood bottles, a small revolver with six silver bullets, one healing balm in the form of lipstick, two bottles of blinding sunlight, and three amnesiacs in the form of jaw-breakers. He put his hand on his back pocket; paper, and pocket watch were there. Silver-lined knife in boot as well. He was ready. He breathed deep as he walked out the door.

He stood there eyes closed as if waiting to vaporized by the morning rising sun. Nothing. He got some odd looks but people just passed by him anyway. He still couldn't feel the suns rays but still he hadn't seen that yellow blinding orb in some time and fortunately not in the form of a grenade. He wasted no further time as he climbed back into his car and drove for the meet up spot.

There were already three people at the spot as he pulled up into the gravel parking lot. He opened the door, with duffel bag in tow, and made his way to the group.

The large imposing figure all ready made him feel uneasy. The man stood at an impressive 6'9, wore a cloak and hood, and was covered in a bizarre adornment of fetishes and amulets. The man screamed evil wizard or something else entirely. Magic didn't scare Erik, neither did magic users. But a behemoth who did made Erik want to position himself on the other end of the extremely carefree girl in case the beast wanted to sacrifice someone to a deity. And having a forest guide in a remote woodland just seemed the beginning of a cult classic horror movie.

As for the elf, he was only slightly relieved that she seemed to be experienced obviously seeing that she was covered in sand. Still didn't help that the wizard was still there, but there was some relief. Erik approached.

"What's going on fellas? Name is Erik, Erik Hummer." He looked at the elf for a second, "Saw your ad, my agent said you were good so here I am. I didn't catch your name by the way, neither any of your two's."

as written by Emperor Jester

The last to arrive was a young man with hair as red as fiery copper, dressed head to toe in colors ranging from maroon to tree bark brown. His eyes shimmered like the ocean the rest of the group was so close, like sapphires set into his skull. A duffle bag was slung over his shoulders, a long one, with a leather wrapped handle of some sort poking through the small hole in the zipper, perhaps a tool or weapon of some sort. On top of his impressively wavy hair were perched a pair of crimson-tinted goggles that seemed to give off the slightest of electrical hums if one were to stick their ears close enough to the Hunter.

Because in truth, that's what Parov was. A hunter from the city. Some one who made his living off of hunting down illegal supernaturals, or the legal ones who stepped out of line. But that felt like years ago. The last time he had actively taken up arms against the darker forces of the region, it had nearly killed him. In fact, it had, to an extent. And as much as it shamed him, Parov had felt a sense of fear cling to him everywhere he'd gone in Lutetia ever sense. Recent events in the city hadn't made things any better. Two massacres in the Lumenia. Young women disappearing for months on end. An entire high society family more or less wiped out in a single day. No.

No, he had needed an escape. And this had sounded like just the ticket. Compared to whatever was waiting for him back home, the quasi-dead hoped that this would be the sanctuary he needed, the easy job that would help him find his courage once more. That was at least his hope. Whether it was true or not remained to be seen, but already, out here in the sunlight and the fresh air, the youth was feeling much better than he had in months.

But his gut sank like a rock when he saw what could only be his traveling party. Some seemed too serious and foreboding, the others no where near serious enough. All Parov could bring himself to do in was give a slight wave as he made his way over to join them, doing his best to keep the normally charismatic smile he was praised for somehow plastered to his face. "Sup. I take it this is the expeditionary group?" He'd ask, mostly addressing the darker skinned, sandy woman.

Then he'd blink before feeling a rush of color rise to his cheeks. He'd forgotten to give his name, so with a somewhat flustered chuckle, he'd extend a hand towards the others. "Parov Leutrac. Junior. Second of my name."

as written by Sentry

"The view? Oh, you haven't an idea," the elven woman replied warmly to the young woman. "My name is Alianna. I was the one who put out the requests everywhere. And... well, if I were to complain about being a little cold, what faith could you have in your leader when things get worse than cold?"

Hearing the voice behind her, Alianna turned and faced the heavily cloaked figure. He towered over both women, but the elf didn't seem perturbed. She grinned confidently at him, hands on her hips. "And none of them as pretty, I'm sure." She poked her lips out cheekily.

Turning, she found that once again more company had arrived. She nodded to them both and looked them over very carefully. That smile was never lost. "Oh, fantastic! Wonderful, great, alright. I am Alianna Aldavere, and I am the one who planned this trip, sent out the fliers- I need you. I really do. These woods have been rumored to be very dangerous. More than that, they've been confirmed to be very dangerous. People go missing here all the time." Her hands clasped together with a clap at her chest. "And I'm incredibly glad that you've all decided to come anyway. If you all wouldn't mind- nice meeting you Mister Leutrac, Mister Hummer." Her hand extended toward them, then the two others. "And what are your names?" She paused.

"And why did you all come? What brought you here?"

as written by Script

When the sound of another car engine drew close, it became apparent that the group was not, in fact, yet complete. A taxi pulled into view from around the corner of the dirt trail, making its way up to the gravel lot and coming to a halt. The passenger door of the vehicle swung open, and from it exited a young man. His appearance invited comparison to that of a ghost; his hair and attire were both pure white, and his skin only a few shades less pale.

Those familiar with Lutetia City's traditions and factions might recognise his silver-trimmed garb, identifying him as a member of the Order of the White - an animancer.

Zacharie offered a brief thanks to the driver, retrieving a moderately sized bag from the boot of the taxi which he set down on the ground beside him. The vehicle pulled away soon after, leaving him to approach the group. His bag, after a moment, took to the air seemingly of its own accord to follow him.

His expression was devoid of the wonder and excitement of some of the others, set in a grim mask of determination. He nodded his head in acknowledgement to the rest of the group on his approach. This close, his eyes could be seen to be an odd silvery colour, clearly not a natural shade. They gave the distinct impression of seeing straight through every one of them, as he turned his gaze on them each in turn. "I'm not overly late, I hope?"

He knew he wasn't - he had seen one of the other cars pulling away as he arrived - but it was only right to be polite. "I'm Zacharie. Zacharie LaRoche. I called ahead." That last note was directed towards Alianna specifically, to make sure she connected him to the phone-call they'd had. She knew why he was here.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by coffee

Nodding, her gaze drifted from the guide once more. If expeditions were always this promising, the necromancer would be on aboard nearly every day! Or, well, that was what she told herself. The young woman was lamely sheltered and having this been her first time away from the city... she was brimming with enthusiasm! "Alianna," she murmured to herself, the name rolling off her tongue, "it's nice to finally meet you!" With her grin nearly glued to her freckled face, the medic returned her attention to the elf. What a vibrant name for a vibrant woman, she thought, forgetting to give her name. Ah, well. Soft laughter graced the brief silence and she shifted her weight from one leg to the other, "Well! That's a relief! I was hoping you'd say something along the lines!"

Hardly catching the arrival of the cloaked figure, she almost jumped when she heard his low voice. "Oh, wow," Médée murmured, her eyes scanning the man before her. He was... enormous! Unlike Alianna who stood her ground and smiled bravely, the doctor took a subtle step back. A mixture of fear- though overpowered by wonder overcame her and she found herself staring far too long for comfort. Catching this, she cleared her throat and smiled at the stranger. "Your cloak looks neat," she commented, hoping to roll on his good side.

The next few moments were a blur. One adventurer came after another and an overwhelming sensation ate at her; still, she nodded politely at each newcomer and greeted them with a grin and a wave. The group was interesting at best. So... Aldavere, Hummer, Leutrac, cloaked figure and... oh, here comes another.

"Médée Ferro," she replied brightly, shaking the elf's hand, "I usually go by Day. It'll be my pleasure working with you all." Once her arm retracted, she took the terse seconds to scan the group over once more. By the looks of it, many were already experienced; the sanguine atmosphere only added when the last to arrive introduced himself. It only made her wonder... why were they here?
"An experience, really. I couldn't miss the opportunity to travel and discover so many wonderful things; let alone pass up on the chance to improve my profession."

Parov couldn't help but grin, his nervousness instantly forgotten once the formal greeting of the handshake was done and over with. He'd finally turn his eyes over all of them, taking in their forms in detail for the first time. Honestly, it was a rather motley crew, seeming to come from all over the place background wise. The only one who made him feel uneasy was the tall, ominous one with a billowing cloak. Something tugged at his senses, at the back of his mind, that he should be avoided as much as possible. In fact, almost everyone here gave him that feeling, besides the elf and the other woman.

And then the church boy arrived, before he got a chance to give an answer, and had to wait his turn, of course. The Hunter wouldn't be giving his real answer, of course. It was embarrassing to admit how scared he was of the City proper now. So instead, after coughing to clear his throat, he'd explain.

"Need the time off from the main job, and some time out of the city. Give things time to settle down. Hopefully by the time we get back, all the chaos will have subsided. Besides, how could I turn down the opportunity to get some real fresh air for once?"

The imposing figure left his gaze on the Elf as she quickly quipped about her appearance compared to the "larger things" in the Shopkeeper's warning. There was no response from the towering fellow, simply a small guttural sound like air escaping a deflating bladder. Only the remark from the small girl drew his attention away from their leader. He kept his silence still though, leaving an awkward pause between the three until the new arrivals came.

The first was a slightly pasty man who smelled of cream and just a hint of death. The brown haired man drew a similar response as the young florally decorated woman did, a slow turn of the monolith's head.

Then a second arrived, a fiery red headed young man who wasn't all there. Where the first man looked solid under the Shopkeeper's appraising gaze, even artificially so with whatever he had slathered all over his body, the red head wavered in the light. Death was a foreign concept to the Shopkeeper, but he was well enough learned of it's trappings to recognize a man who had one foot in the grave and one out.

Finally their last cohort came, blowing the old Shopkeeper's prediction out of the water. This man was normal, aside from his pale continuance and snow topped crown. Though power flowed through him, this much was certain.

The figured continued his silence as the new comers made their introductions. He'd yet to make his own, and the elf had noticed as such, hoping to draw a name from their resident beast and the young woman.

He let the dark haired girl speak first, and even the red headed fellow chimed in before the Shopkeeper could give an answer; seemingly slow to build up steam.

"I am Sheggulichol," he answered slowly, almost bellowing save for the guttural sound that escaped on the last syllable of his name. "And I am here because of business, business that is none of yours," he added, leaving a heavy warning dripping off his words.

as written by Subtlepapya

The last few approached and Erik gave the same greetings. The first being a bright haired red lad that seemed practically dead. Erik couldn't hear a heart beat nor could he sense he was among the living still. His face looked familiar too, he believed he was one of those hunters of wraiths which caused Erik to wonder if other undead were on his retinue. Both he and Erik were in the same field, problem-solvers.

The second was a white haired young man that was nearly as pale as one of his undead Kindred. He recognized the outfit instantly, one of the animancers from the Order of the White. Erik had heard of them. Even though the Order and the Church weren't friends, they weren't enemies either. He remembered how some of them specialized in soul readings which might cause the group to find out his little secret. Humans didn't trust vampires, and for good reason. The group finding out would just make his job more difficult or in some cases him to be permanetly dead.

Great, Erik thought to himself eyes simply livid, Already knee deep in shit and most people here are professionals. This was supposed to be an easy job. A bunch of humans going on a hike. Now it's a job straight into nopeville or nopeforest more like. He couldn't turn down the job though, he needed the money.

After more greetings and handshakes were passed around Erik gave his reply, "I'm here on both vacation and business. Need some rare ingredients for an alchemical project. My agent didn't tell me it would be dangerous either. But don't worry I won't be a problem either way! I come prepared!" Erik kept going with the happy hiker feel, just to keep the act going. Everyone seemed to be buying it.

The only thing for the time being that brought him any comfort was the idea of him choke-slamming Orleaux when he returned to Lutetia. This was the third time Orleaux had done this.

as written by Sentry

Alianna nodded back to the young man from the Order. "Right on time, Mister LaRoche. Nice to see you in person." She turned to each and every one of them, addressing them in turn. "Welcome, Mister Sheggulichol and Miss Day. Whatever your reasons- some of which I now know, and some that will remain a mystery- I do hope you enjoy this trip, whatever happens, and take something from the experience. I have only arrived a day before you all, but I've seen some beautiful things."

The elf began to back up and gesture toward the woods. "I have many things prepared: backpacks filled with supplies, tents, water, everything we're going to need. They're roughly thirty pounds each. If you don't need one, or if that's too heavy for you, let me know. We'll figure something out. Now remember, everyone. This isn't one day's excursion. We may be in there days... weeks!"

She beckoned them towards the edge of the woods, filled with tall, piney trees, that cast a chilly shadow toward the group. Resting against these trees were several large backpacks. The elf picked one up with ease and swung it over her shoulder.

"I hope you haven't forgotten to bring anything you need!"

as written by coffee

Just as she expected, their answers varied, too. Standing politely and listening limply to each of their responses, she noted that many of their intentions were similar. Business, relaxation, exploration... it all was the same; needless to say, Médée was relieved she wasn't the only one out for personal gain. Sighing silently to herself, she spared a glance towards the others.

Hm... was it rude to think that... there was something unsettling about this specific group? Perhaps, she thought, it was the adrenaline drumming through her ears, or her enthusiasm clouding her judgement... she didn't know. Shrugging off the sensation, she followed the group. Lagging behind, she walked close to the goliath; feeling somewhat obligated to stand near him and strangely drawn to his silent atmosphere, she figured that they would get along fine. The others, excluding Alianna who naturally expressed her friendliness, were intimidating.

The doctor watched as the elf explained their gear. Thirty pounds? Oh, wow... Her brows raised and she prayed to whatever god above that this wouldn't cause any issues for her. By the looks of it, everyone seemed capable of holding their ground.

Somewhat embarrassed by her lack of strength, she strayed behind the rest and picked her own bag. She carried patients before- numerous times, at least, but many of them were thin or children. This wasn't an issue, but she knew from experience she would tire quick. Still, she set the bag down and stuffed her own medical pouch into the packed space. Afterwards, she slung the strap over her shoulder and stood. While waiting for the others, she looked beyond the trees and into the woods. Was it also silly to think that there were... ghosts?

as written by Script

"Just Zacharie is fine," the animancer noted with a small smile. He cast a nervous glance over each of the group members, taking stock of who he was going to be travelling with. Of the five of them, three ... weren't quite right. He didn't have the Soulsight to be able to tell the specifics, but what he did sense was enough to set off warning bells in his head. The souls of the two other young men seemed... weak. Almost like spirits, lacking in the fullness of life's spark.

The third, that hulking figure swathed in robes. Zacharie truly had no idea what to make of his aura. After a moment, he decided it was safest to assume that the multitude of charms and magical trinkets he wore were in some way interfering with it. And if that wasn't the case, then... well, it probably wasn't best to ask too many questions.

Was this what everyone was like outside the city limits? 'Light, shelter me.'

Their guide seemed at ease with all present, at least. He had to hope she wasn't just completely oblivious, or else they were probably walking to their deaths regardless of who his travelling companions were.

With the introduction of new bags, Zacharie glanced over at his own pack. He likely had some of the supplies provided already, but it wouldn't hurt to have more. And carrying capacity wasn't an issue. He stepped over to one of the bags and held out a hand briefly. A thin trail of wispy light separated itself from his fingertips and drifted down to the bag, before fading into the material just as quickly. A few moments later, the pack lifted itself from the ground in a similar manner to his own.

The masters might have called it a frivolous use of his powers, but... well, the masters weren't here. And he hadn't spent the last however many years cooped up in libraries and classrooms working on his upper body strength.

Having taken the time to channel his animancy, he was there to note Médée's hesitation. He looked across at her with what he hoped was a friendly smile. "Are you alright, miss?" he inquired. It wouldn't hurt to be on speaking terms with at the very least, the one person in the party whose aura wasn't giving him bad vibes.

The Shopkeeper grumbled at the addition of "Mister" in front of his name, an honorific that felt anything but. The sound rolled from beneath the hood that obscured his face like water down a jagged cliff, but ceased as soon as the elf began to explain the logistics of their expedition.

The towering man had no need for the supplies she offered, though he didn't voice that until they'd began to trek up towards the tree line.

"I will not need the supplies, give them to someone else," the shopkeeper grumbled to the elf as his gait caught up with the nimble woman.

He'd noticed the young girl who'd arrived second had taken up a spot in close proximity to him as they walked. With nothing more to say to their guide Sheggulichol turned his head to look down at the girl, three glowing eyes peering out of the darkness of his cowl. His gaze didn't linger on her for long however once they neared the forest entrance and the backpacks littered about. He let the group deal with getting situated as he pushed further ahead into the forest, but not too far as to stray out of sight.

A lone tree missing it's bark stood in front of him. With his back turned towards the group he obscured their view as he extended his three clawed right hand and with the middle digit began to carve a crude, almost triangular spiral into the tree, muttering, "Gulicho'oohahul Amaiim Halul Estagathul, Has'our."

A soft breeze rustled the canopy of the forest.

Something seemed to tug at Parov attention, and his eyes would shift to the hulking stranger named Sheggulichol, the one named Erik, and the animancer, in turn. He had no clue why, but he felt some sort of gaze on him. He knew it was stupid to feel paranoid, especially when he knew what had happened to him had been a freak accident, and more importantly, in no way illegal, but still...Being more or less a shell was not something the Hunter liked to boast about, or even let other people onto.

So he'd say nothing, quickly turning away from them to follow after the elf, their leader and guide. He'd hope he'd be able to strap this new pack to his own, or else it would end up being a pain to carry both and his cleaver at the same time. Not to mention unbalancing. Quickly, however, he noticed the heavily robed and adorned figure, (Parov had decided to call him Shegg so he wouldn't butcher the pronunciation in conversation), overtake his own stride, quite easily. It caught him off guard, and as they passed by each other, though they weren't close, Parov felt a sharp itch near the base of his skull and quickly snatch a hand up to relieve it. It felt like his scalp had gone painfully dry, but it just...wasn't.

Weird.

Still, he'd eventually find his pack, and happily discover he could indeed just loop its handles through his own, easily in fact. If the rest of the trip went this well, Parov might even discovering himself having a bit of fun. He couldn't help but break out into a fierce if goofy grin.

as written by Subtlepapaya

Erik never did take his eyes off the behemoth. Out of everyone there he still made Erik wish he had his revolver in his front pocket. Not that might help. He did however catch a glimpse of three eyes peering out from the hood. Obviously not human and Erik couldn't help but spot numerous trinkets. Already Erik was becoming strangely enough fascinated by the creature. Being a long lived (by human standards) vampire Erik had to keep his mind occupied. Generally the field of the unknown and ethereal usually filled that hole. Watching closely although still within the group Erik noticed the giant encrypting a small wound on the bark of a tree. Given that this creature seemed otherwordly by practice Erik needed to know more, and this beast seemed to have something else going on.

Shrugging off the addictive curiosity Erik relegated himself immediately upon mention to the camping bags. The weight was nothing compared to his enhance strength. Erik casually place his smaller duffel bag inside the camping bag. With an actor's finesse Erik maintained some struggle with the bag. He observed the others picking up their bags and the animancer was busily assisting the healer. Erik slightly noticed the hunter seemed to be perturbed by something. Figuring that this would be a good moment to pipe up Erik gave a simple response.

"You alright? You seem distracted by something."

as written by Sentry

And there it was. They were already starting to speak to one another. Though she had a tinge of doubt in the beginning that this was going to be anything other than awkward, it all fell away. She saw Parov's grin and couldn't help but mirror it. Erik went right ahead to speak to him, as well.

Then, she spotted the animancer helping young Day. Ah, he had been the one she was worried about most, however surprising it may be. He, like Sheggulichol, had not come here for the enjoyment of the hike. It seemed as though he would already make something out of it that he had, perhaps, not intended. Alianna nodded. This was going to be fine. This was going to be fun.

She looked ahead, at Sheggulichol. The elf nearly paused, but kept a steady pace. Ah, this man. Whatever he was. This... would be fine.

Bravely, the elf jogged to catch up to the mysterious figure. His titanic figure didn't perturb her, and one might have figured that his mannerisms didn't, either. "Lovely morning to start this. A shame we won't be seeing the bulk of the excitement until later tonight." Her voice dropped, enough that the animancer wouldn't be able to hear. "Witches prefer things that crawl in the dark. Odd, don't you think?"

as written by coffee

A quiet squeal left the medic's mouth as she jerked away from the voice. Disheveled, it took her moments to realize that… she was perfectly fine. All that ghost talk was really spooking her!

"Sorry," Médée drawled, shaking her head. Turning to face the animancer, she gave a sheepish smile. "I'm just a little nervous is all," she replied, rubbing the back of her arm, "this is all so exciting and new, I can't help but space out! Thank you for asking, though." The doctor looked over the man briefly. Order of the White, huh… she knew of some, but they were always a myth to her. He was the first she met! Although she would never confess, Médée was trying awfully hard to impress the others. She wanted to look calm, collected and bright; she was coming off as the complete opposite!

Her eyes wandered from his and tailed the rest of the group. They went their separate ways. The two men turned to one another and spoke softly, the pasty one seeming concerned.

Where was…? Turning her head, she watched as the elf and the cloaked figure stagger near a tree. Why? Her brows raised, catching the soft drift of the trees, though not piecing the puzzle. Returning her attention to the animancer, she smiled again.

"Uhm, what do you think of this so far? The whole… quest, I mean."

as written by Script

"I can't say I share the interest in exploration for exploration's sake," Zacharie replied, his smile almost becoming a grimace. "If I'm completely honest, I think you're all somewhat mad for going into the wilds for no other reason than to see the sights. That said, I'm nonetheless appreciative of the company."

He turned to stare towards the treeline, and the depths of the forest that lay beyond. "I would not be thrilled at the prospect of having to venture into the forest alone."

Back