Status
Not open for further replies.
@Flooded Plains
"You're right, Jianyu." Yellow Jacket added, his tone grave. "Everyone knows what happened here. The whole damn world knows what you did. Some people are going to be afraid of you. Some are going to call you murderers. Others are going to see you as celebrities. But one thing's for certain; people will recognise you. It's something you're all going to have to live with from here on out. If you'll allow us, we can set up cover identities for you. Fake names. New faces. You'd never be able to see each other again, but you'd have a shot at a quiet life."

Hank sighed and peeled back his mask. He did all he could to muster some more optimism.
View attachment 4331
"Look. The situation isn't great. I wish I had more to offer you than a rock and a hard place..."
View attachment 4332
"So that's the choice, huh? Either I paint a target on my kids' backs or I never see them again?" Wally's voice trembled. "We're leaving the island... but we're never really going home..."

"I'm sorry, Mr.West…"

"Don't be... It's not your fault I... I just wanna be alone for a while..."

"We have a room set up for you on the ship. It's your space, we'll give you all the privacy you need. We'll have a Doctor and some food waiting for you when you're ready..."

The Flash opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He choked, and vanished in a flash of lighting.

"Mr.West is onboard, Dr.Pym." Hank's radio droned.

"Thanks." Yellow Jacket muttered into his receiver before silencing his communicator. "I understand that this is a lot to process Jiany--"

"I got this, Doctor," Conner interjected. He stared a Jianyu for a moment, before placing his hand on her shoulder. His eyes grew wetter. He wrapped his arm around Jianyu and pulled her into an embrace. "Jianyu…I've known you for 5 years..." He spoke in a hushed, mellow tone. "If you think I'm going to leave you here, you've got another thing coming. I know you've got some tough calls ahead, and I won't pretend to have all the answers... but whatever call you make, you wont have to make it alone. You took me in when I had nowhere else to go. It's about time I returned the favour. I'll stick by your side, old friend, come Hell or Highwater."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Takumi

"...!" The hug was a surprise, but a welcome one. To be alone, to never see any of these people again...it was horrifying to imagine, even now. But Conner...he was still here. He would always be here. And there was a tremendous comfort to that. She returned the hug, fighting back a sob. No, don't cry yet. She was suddenly very self-conscious about what she did in front of strangers.

As she pulled back, hands still on Conner's shoulders, she smiled at him, fear at the unknown replaced by the comfort of having someone by her side. "We can...there's got to be a world out there that doesn't know. We can find it...together. A place where we can just fucking...fucking live for once." Surviving had been nice, but...now that they'd saved their lives, she wanted to try living it, too.

@Sark @Everyone​

Henry Hart/ Kid Danger and Billy Batson/ Shazam

" I wasn't sure about the amount of months and days, but I had figured it had been at least a few years, just based on the fact that I got a little taller and got a higher tolerance for alcohol than when I started here. I don't think that would make things better. Actually, I think it would make things more confusing for our friends and family back home.... and I'm not the best, but I think that would create a time paradox as a version of us would exist on the island, while a verison exised back home, so no matter what, we wouldn't truly be gaining that time."

Billy took a moment to consider asking a different question since he was offering up tests at the moment.
" I actually have a personal Shazam-" The lightning struck him as he knew that it would when he said his name. He would turn back into his fourteen year old self and look back at him. " Related question to ask you, I have seen everyone else here get older to some degreee.... expect for me. I know that I got magic powers, but is there a particular reason that I stopped aging altogether? I theorized it had to do with my powers, but I don't know if that is true... I...." He paused and carefully considered how he would phrase it. Everyone had seen him jump off the cliff and heard the crashing- but he hadn't outright admitted it until now. It was a thing that he wasn't sure he wanted to admit.

" I died. I know it because Arcade outright said he wouldn't give me another second chance. I also know because I was human when I made that fall and I may have powers, but I couldn't survive that fall. But he brought me back, gave me powers and I survived, I spited him. I didn't let myself die again. But did dying lock me at fourteen forever or is this more closely to my Shazam powers stopping me from growing up? He asked, uncertainly. He hoped it was the former. That he hadn't made a mistake when he had had accepted these powers. That he had just stopped aging because he had been revived. Because he had died.

@Sark

@Flooded Plains
"You're right, Jianyu." Yellow Jacket added, his tone grave. "Everyone knows what happened here. The whole damn world knows what you did. Some people are going to be afraid of you. Some are going to call you murderers. Others are going to see you as celebrities. But one thing's for certain; people will recognise you. It's something you're all going to have to live with from here on out. If you'll allow us, we can set up cover identities for you. Fake names. New faces. You'd never be able to see each other again, but you'd have a shot at a quiet life."

Hank sighed and peeled back his mask. He did all he could to muster some more optimism.
View attachment 4331
"Look. The situation isn't great. I wish I had more to offer you than a rock and a hard place..."
View attachment 4332
"So that's the choice, huh? Either I paint a target on my kids' backs or I never see them again?" Wally's voice trembled. "We're leaving the island... but we're never really going home..."

"I'm sorry, Mr.West…"

"We have a room set up for you on the ship. It's your space, we'll give you all the privacy you need. We'll have a Doctor and some food waiting for you when you're ready..."

The Flash opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He choked, and vanished in a flash of lighting.

"Thanks." Yellow Jacket muttered into his receiver before silencing his communicator. "I understand that this is a lot to process Jiany--"

"I got this, Doctor," Conner interjected. He stared a Jianyu for a moment, before placing his hand on her shoulder. His eyes grew wetter. He wrapped his arm around Jianyu and pulled her into an embrace. "Jianyu…I've known you for 5 years..." He spoke in a hushed, mellow tone. "If you think I'm going to leave you here, you've got another thing coming. I know you've got some tough calls ahead, and I won't pretend to have all the answers... but whatever call you make, you wont have to make it alone. You took me in when I had nowhere else to go. It's about time I returned the favour. I'll stick by your side, old friend, come Hell or Highwater."

"Cover identities..." Alice frowned softly at the thought of having to do that, of any of them having to. It seemed they never really were that lucky after all, but she could understand why they'd have to go through the trouble.

Nezumi stood and brushed sand off his pants as Connor and Jianyu hugged. Being feared wasn't anything new for him from before the death game, and besides, he didn't get his hands too bloody. In fact, he didn't have any real concerns for himself at all. The others? He wouldn't ever admit it out loud, but he was concerned for them more than himself.

"Given the time I was away shortly before being stuck here as long as I have, I haven't seen some people in about seven years, give or take a few months. I think a reunion is overdo for someone in particular." He sighed. Funny, how he'd potentially be having another reunion with Shion.

@Sark

@Flooded Plains

View attachment 4331
View attachment 4332

"I'm sorry, Mr.West…"

Laura had stayed back listening for a moment before she finally spoke up. "People always talk, if they think they would have done anything differently then they are only deluding themselves." She walked up to Pym and looked him square in the eye. "The only opinion I care about is my sisters and I haven't seen her for five years."

Laura glared over to the soldiers before returning her gaze back to Pym. "Enough with this grandstanding and fake well wishes. Take us the hell away from this place."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Takumi

@MurderWorld
"Living..." Conner smiled a soft smile. "We earned it... We earned it."

His eyes drifted upwards towards Doctor Pym. He nodded.

Yellow Jacket reached down towards his belt and raised his radio to his lips.

"Bring down some more ladders. They're coming home."

Half an hour later, the Champions were setting said. The sea breeze hit their cheeks. The taste of salt it their lips like a truck. The wind stung, but it was cool. Fresh. It was a nice change from the humidity of the jungle.

"I wish I had more answers for you, Mr. Batson, but Magic is beyond my area of expertise." Hank writhed his fingers around the hand rail, his eyes fixed on the island. He pushed himself away from the barrier and turned to face Shazam. "But there's a big, big multiverse out there, just waiting to be explored. I'm certain there's someone out there who can give you the answers your looking for. Maybe you can do some soul searching along the way."
View attachment 4350
"And this offer goes out to you all... My friends and I have spent the past 5 years of our lives trying to track you down. We've all come quite attached to you. If, when you're out there in the multiverse, you find yourselves with nowhere to go, you'll always have a home with us. I'm not offering you jobs, its nothing like that. Our responsibility to keep your safe doesn't end the moment we pass through that barrier. You'll always have a home with the Kanzukis. Come to me if you're looking for cover identities or memory wipes..."

"We'll keep that in mind, Hank... But I'm with Laura... I think we all just want to go home first..."

"Of course, Mr.Kent…" Pym smiled, his eyes red and tired. "I'm glad this is all over. Arcade... I can't say I'm sad to see him die with this place. It's all he deserved... I only wish I had brought S'Mores…"

[Captain...] Hank's radio crowed. [The bodies have been secured. The bomb has been planet. We're off the Island.]

"Good... Good..." Hank sighed. "You can do the honours. Say goodbye to MurderWorld, ladies and gentlemen."

[BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM]
View attachment 4351
MurderWord: Status: Sunk!

"It's gone..." Conner smiled through the first signs of tears. The towering flames and pillars of steam reflected in his misty eyes. Within seconds, the island had completely collapsed in on itself. The sea claimed her towering trees. She swallowed her deserts. The crumbled her towering ranges. "It's... over.... its finally over... Goodbye... Goodbye Ben... Loa... Kate..." His eyes drifted to Jianyu. "Xianyu… Barnes.... Haru… Maeve... Stephen... Goro… Warren... Tretij… Cho... Scott... Ratchet... Max... Eli... and so many more... You weren't all 'good'... but none of you deserved this... Any of you could have made it here... any of you could be standing beside us right now... You're not losers. We're not winners. We all lost the moment we set foot on MurderWorld… leaving is a consolation prize... I wish you could have shared it with us... God... I wished you could have shared it with us..."

"Goodbye, Cruel MurderWorld… Goodbye.."

The End
Starring, the Champions of the Arena:
@Yun Lee as Jianyu and Xianyu
@Takumi as Alice Swayne and Nezumi
@Jeremi as Weapon Hex and Loa
@Gummi Bunnies as Vanitas and Hyakkimaru
@Lucky as Shazam and Kid Danger
@Crow as Hnikar and Jaime Reyes
Maeve
@York as Max Griffin and Kara Zor-El
@Minerva as Isabeau
@Atomic Knight as Stephen Universe and Kate Bishop
@Alex Azure as Goro and Haru
@dark as Ratchet and Jak
@Sark as Arcade, Scott, Eli, Mantis, CORI and NPCs​

@MurderWorld
"Living..." Conner smiled a soft smile. "We earned it... We earned it."

His eyes drifted upwards towards Doctor Pym. He nodded.

Yellow Jacket reached down towards his belt and raised his radio to his lips.

"Bring down some more ladders. They're coming home."

Half an hour later, the Champions were setting said. The sea breeze hit their cheeks. The taste of salt it their lips like a truck. The wind stung, but it was cool. Fresh. It was a nice change from the humidity of the jungle.

"I wish I had more answers for you, Mr. Batson, but Magic is beyond my area of expertise." Hank writhed his fingers around the hand rail, his eyes fixed on the island. He pushed himself away from the barrier and turned to face Shazam. "But there's a big, big multiverse out there, just waiting to be explored. I'm certain there's someone out there who can give you the answers your looking for. Maybe you can do some soul searching along the way."
View attachment 4350
"And this offer goes out to you all... My friends and I have spent the past 5 years of our lives trying to track you down. We've all come quite attached to you. If, when you're out there in the multiverse, you find yourselves with nowhere to go, you'll always have a home with us. I'm not offering you jobs, its nothing like that. Our responsibility to keep your safe doesn't end the moment we pass through that barrier. You'll always have a home with the Kanzukis. Come to me if you're looking for cover identities or memory wipes..."

"We'll keep that in mind, Hank... But I'm with Laura... I think we all just want to go home first..."

"Of course, Mr.Kent…" Pym smiled, his eyes red and tired. "I'm glad this is all over. Arcade... I can't say I'm sad to see him die with this place. It's all he deserved... I only wish I had brought S'Mores…"

[Captain...] Hank's radio crowed. [The bodies have been secured. The bomb has been planet. We're off the Island.]

"Good... Good..." Hank sighed. "You can do the honours. Say goodbye to MurderWorld, ladies and gentlemen."

[BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM]
View attachment 4351
MurderWord: Status: Sunk!

"It's gone..." Conner smiled through the first signs of tears. The towering flames and pillars of steam reflected in his misty eyes. Within seconds, the island had completely collapsed in on itself. The sea claimed her towering trees. She swallowed her deserts. The crumbled her towering ranges. "It's... over.... its finally over... Goodbye... Goodbye Ben... Loa... Kate..." His eyes drifted to Jianyu. "Xianyu… Barnes.... Haru… Maeve... Stephen... Goro… Warren... Tretij… Cho... Scott... Ratchet... Max... Eli... and so many more... You weren't all 'good'... but none of you deserved this... Any of you could have made it here... any of you could be standing beside us right now... You're not losers. We're not winners. We all lost the moment we set foot on MurderWorld… leaving is a consolation prize... I wish you could have shared it with us... God... I wished you could have shared it with us..."

"Goodbye, Cruel MurderWorld… Goodbye.."

The End
Starring, the Champions of the Arena:
@Yun Lee as Jianyu and Xianyu
@Takumi as Alice Swayne and Nezumi
@Jeremi as Weapon Hex and Loa
@Gummi Bunnies as Vanitas and Hyakkimaru
@Lucky as Shazam and Kid Danger
@Crow as Hnikar and Jaime Reyes
Maeve
@York as Max Griffin and Kara Zor-El
@Minerva as Isabeau
@Atomic Knight as Stephen Universe and Kate Bishop
@Alex Azure as Goro and Haru
@dark as Ratchet and Jak
@Sark as Arcade, Scott, Eli, Mantis, CORI and NPCs​

Alice sighed, feeling a weight lift from her shoulders as Murderworld bit the bullet. She felt...free, in a sense. She felt good.

And then she didn't.

She was nervous, the thinking about home and how things were going to be different, but she knew she had to go back because that's what she wanted for five years. She wasn't going to chicken out, damnit.

"Finally going home..." She muttered.

They won. They were free.

* * *​

Alice's Epilogue: Ash and Old Iron

Alice stared at the wooden door in front of her quietly. The house didn't look extremely different, but whatever changes there were, were subtle and small. It was what and who were inside that might have changed the most after all...

She had decided to visit Chise on a weekend. She had been home for about two months and so far her and Chise's relationship was awkward. At least, for Alice it's been awkward, especially after Chise commented on her scent having a smell of ash and old blood to it. The blonde didn't have to worry about things being awkward for her with Renfred. She even kept in touch with Hank and that wasn't awkward either, so why the hell was it so hard with Chise?

Raising her hand to knock she startled when Chise just happened to be opening the door.

"Oh, I--Alice! Good morning." Chise's eyes widened in slight surprise.

"Uh, hi, Chise...good morning." Alice responded, eyes just as wide. There was an awkward silence for only a moment, before the twenty-one year old redhead adjusted the few paper bags of medicine in her arms.

"I was just going to make a delivery, why don't you come with me? We can talk on the way, I was expecting to meet up with you a little later so we can hang out....is something wrong?" Chise spoke, brows furrowed as she looked at the blonde.

e1ffd29ec4a165c12345398454d4e80e6ee772a1.jpg

"Uh, well, I wanted to talk to you, but I don't mind walking and talking with you and...yeah." Alice muttered as the redhead closed the door behind her and started down the dirt path with the blonde falling in step with her.

"You can talk to me about anything, you know that right? You're my friend, Alice." Chise responded with a small smile. Alice ran her fingers through her hair almost nervously and nodded as she tried to return the smile.

"Yeah, it's just... it's Renfred." She sighed.

"Is he okay?" Chise asked in concern and Alice was quick to nod.

"Yeah he's fine! It's just we were talking and he called me his daughter and it kinda bothered me. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem being his daughter, but I don't...I don't think I can see him as a father, and I told him as much and I botched trying to explain it cause I don't know how to really explain it? When it comes to father's I...I just associate them with drug addicted trash." Alice rambled then sighed heavily.

"They also argued about her being treated as a child, which was a pretty foolish thing if you ask me." Will-o piped in, appearing in flash of flames before sitting on Alice's head.

"Shut up, Bro." She grumbled, and could of sworn he little faerie was rolling his little eyes at her somehow.

Chise looked thoughtful for a second, before turning her head to look at Alice.

"To me it sounds like... you're trying to put him in a role, but with a different perspective on said role.." she started.

285009c29482ded9e4f59ab10fd7a6c2456d7e3d.jpg

"A different... perspective?" Alice muttered. She never thought of it that way.

"Yeah. Like, how you might view him as family, or a father figure, but in a different way than how someone else may view the role of a father?" Chise tried to explain.

"I think I get it? Gah, We can work it out later!" Alice grunted, and Chise chuckled and nodded.

tumblr_inline_p207pjvlxC1swz4h1_540.png

"If you need anymore advice, I'll try my best to help." Chise assured as she bumped Alice with her shoulder.

"Thanks, Chise." Alice replied, put at ease for the moment as she bumped her back with a smile. Even if they weren't as close as they had been before the whole Murderworld incident, they were getting there now and making up for lost time. Alice was making sure to make up for lost time with everyone she was taken from really, glad to not feel alone.

Even if the day started out rocky, she was sure that it would have a better ending to it. She'd spend the night with Chise and try and get her thoughts together, then clear things up with Renfred tomorrow. Even so, she was at peace.

Epilogue: Jianyu...?
"Under a Wandering Star"

The Cog-and-Sword was a lively place, a hub for the multiple entities across the Multiverse that found themselves on Ash for whatever reason. It was a place to gather for meetings, or to just pass the time with good drink and good company. With so many people gathered, and with lively music playing, it was easy to get lost in a conversation and not worry about anyone listening in to your own. And, for two people seated near the back, they used that to their advantage.

"It's hopeless!" The girl of the pair threw her hands up, slumping in her seat rather immaturely. Had it been anywhere else, she'd have stuck out like a sore thumb with her bright red eyes, platinum blonde hair, and strange purple outfit. It was hardly befitting such a rough environment like Charon, but one look at the girl told you she was strong, and could very well take even you in a fight. Her legs were crossed at the knee, and she slumped, her hand cradling her chin at she pouted up at her companion. "I've looked everywhere for her, and she's nowhere to be seen!"

"Hmph." Her companion, a young man in dark clothing, took another sip of his wine and said nothing. Just his luck this weirdo from his own world hunted him down every now and again. Their conversations usually were her chatting and him listening, but she always treated, so he never complained. He swirled the red liquid in his glass, reflecting his teal-and-red hair, the brightest thing about him. "Sounds like she doesn't want to be found."

"When you've been around as long as I have, you'll learn that people who seek you out will find you, one way or another. Especially when you're as powerful as this one."

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Aren't you the one always boasting about how much more powerful you are than everyone else?"

She scoffed. "That was because my levels of Psycho Power were unmatched before, Remy! Not even Bison could touch me! But this? We're dealing with dangerous stuff here. I have no idea what they did to her on that island, but Jianyu is almost at my level. MINE! And our entire world knows it."

Remy took another sip of wine. "So that's what's got you upset? Someone is finally able to match you?"

"Tch, no! Well...alright, I suppose maybe that a bit, but! If that kind of power goes unchecked, it could spell disaster! I need to get her into the M.E.U. before she's found by the wrong people. But it's impossible!" She looked around to make sure they weren't being spied on before continuing. "She can travel wherever she likes, whenever she likes, with whoever she likes. That boy she's with, Conner...they've gotten close in five years, and he's all she has left. If losing her sister was enough to make her kill, then what do you think would happen if--"

She stopped suddenly. Remy frowned out of genuine concern, something he'd only started doing very recently. "...Ingrid?"

"That woman. At the bar."

Remy took another sip of wine, taking a look with his eyes at who Ingrid spoke of. Blonde, shapely...but there was something sinister in such a pretty face, something that made even his stomach churn. "You don't think..."

"Say, Remy!" Ingrid sat up cheerfully, hands folded on the table. "Do you still remember your spells?"

"Remember my...what, from Hogwarts?" He shrugged, going with the flow of this emergency subject change. "I guess?"

"And if you were ever given the chance...would you use them again?"

He shrugged. "Maybe. Better than physical fighting." He glanced back at the bar, noticing the woman was gone. "She's not here any-..." Ingrid was gone, too. Remy sighed, contemplating over whether to pour himself another glass, but then just deciding to down the whole bottle himself.

Whatever he'd just gotten himself into...he knew he was going to hate it. What a pain this Multiversal business was.

The End...?

Nezumi's Epilogue: Reunion Has Come

December 3, 2026
No.6's Lost Town. . .

There was no snow on the ground, but that didn't mean the air didn't still hold it's usually biting chill around this time of year for occupants of No.6 and the surrounding districts of the formerly walled off city.

"Shion, I swear to fuck if you don't stop moving I'll kick you out of bed." Nezumi grumbled tiredly from his side of the bed.

"Sorry, Nezumi." Shion chuckled as he stopped tossing and turning. "I'm just cold." He sighed.

"Come here, you airhead." He muttered, holding up his arm under the covers. Once the two were comfortably snuggled together, there was a moment of quiet.

"I'm glad you're back, Nezumi. I missed you." Shion murmured sleepily.

"Yeah, you've told me that every other day since I got back from Muderworld...but I missed you too, now go to sleep so we can open the bakery early." Nezumi grunted softly. Shion chuckled again, earning an annoyed look from the Singer.

"What?" Said Singer scowled.

"I don't think I'll sleep for long, you still kick in your sleep." Shion mused, before yelping as Nezumi pinched his cheek.

"Shut it." He grumbled as Shion whined in complaint.

"At least try and sleep, okay." Nezumi spoke, unknowingly repeating the same phrase Shion had to tell him the first few months he was back home, when he couldn't sleep. When he thought of flames and burning bodies and his back stung and burned so bad he just couldn't keep his eyes closed for long, couldn't move, wanted to cry and--

He felt Shion's arms wrap around him, bringing him back to the present. He's been back for a year, and things weren't so bad. He wasn't used to living in relative peace, but he'd enjoy it while it lasted. So far no one in Lost Town or Kronos or even West Block messed with him or Shion unless they wanted to be put flat on their ass, and the occasional asshat was something he was used to.

"Nezumi?" Shion questioned as the other way deep in thought. Nezumi buried his face into Shion's chest and grunted noncommittally. He didn't want to talk about it, that could wait until they were both completely awake and alert and didn't have to wake up early.

"I'm okay, just go to sleep." He replied. Silence fell over the two for a moment as they lay in the dark apartment above the bakery Shion gained ownership of after his mother passed a year ago.

"Love you, Shion." Nezumi whispered, even though Shion had drifted off by then. He wasn't sure what he'd do without him, but he was more than happy to have kept his promise. With that in mind he'd finally started to fall back to sleep.

End...

Henry Hart/ Survivor Danger

Epilogue- Things Change

Henry looked up on his way home and he didn't quite know why everything felt wrong. He had found his way home. Yes, it had taken a long five years, but he was home. He wasn't sure what felt worse- the fact that he didn't recognize any of the streets that he walked down or that each place was different. The streets were strangely barren. And here he was an adult coming home from a long fight. A fight that he didn't feel like he won.

Kid Danger didn't feel like his name anymore- it felt like a part of his past, a piece of him that had been lost to the cruel game of chess that Arcade had played. He would slowly pull the spare set of keys out from under the mat and unlock the door. The house was empty. It was more than empty- it was preserved. It looked like it hadn't been touched in five years, Piper's phone still sitting on the couch, a half-finished puzzle, almost as if they had been removed from this world. That was as strange as the empty streets.

What had happened when he had been gone? He walked to the store and took the tubes down, expecting a welcome from Charlotte or Jasper or Ray. Nobody was there. He would pause and walk towards the exit when he would hear a loud thud and Schwoz come out of the pod.
" Schwoz what happened here?" He asked.

Schwoz looked over at him. " Well, you see after you went missing, people started to disappear across the multiverse and wind up in strange places- and well, nobody has come home as you can see. You are the first person since you have disappeared to come back."

Henry stared and blinked twice. "Nobody has come home from being lost? I.... think I know what I want to do then. Hey, Schwoz, when everyone gets back from whatever, tell them I love them." He would look up and walk out. " Hey, I'll take that new identity- I think it's time to put my old life behind me."

~End

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" I figured that magic was beyond your area of expertise, but I figured it was worth asking you even if I didn't like the answer. If I never asked the question, then I would have never gotten your honest answer," he replied back to him for a moment. " I think I am with the others on going home first before I go and explore the great big multiverse ahead of me- it feels better to finally see my family," he replied back to him, knowing he wanted answers but rather find another person like Arcade in the world.

Epilogue- " Life, even Infinite should have Life in it."

Billy pulled up his hoodie, walking the streets home walking alone, knowing that it would be good to see his siblings once again and he would be able to find the answers to his magic question there. " Mr, Batson, I knew that your string was going to appear once again. It was just a matter of time and it's lucky for you that I know how to wait, even when the multiverse is in peril."

" Who the fuck are you supposed to be?" He asked him, observing the voice who had told him. He was hooded and he didn't like that. Who knew what sort of dark nature he might have.

"Well, I prefer to be politely asked, but since you asked, my name is Peter Destin, I'm a son of Fate and a little bit of a multiverse meddler myself. You see, when the multiverse picks people for events like yours, it's often random. I remove the random element from the equation and put people where they need to be. A man who firmly belives in second chances.... and changing the outcome of things that shouldn't be. Right at this very moment, some powerful multiverse beings are in peril. And as time is a very fluid thing- I need you to go and help these people rescue them. Of course, your event has severely damaged you.....but nothing that another friend of mine can't fix."

" Name one good thing reason I help you," Billy replied back to him, not breaking his gaze.

" I have a simple enough reason for you. Redemption for the sins of your past and I have a second reason. Life, even Infinite, should have Life in it, Mr. Batson. "

" You said it yourself though, I'm severely damaged from what I have been through. How can you fix that?" He asked.

"As I mentioned I have a friend who can do some blocking of your memories and another who can bring right when you are needed to help save the world. Of course, there might be some instability in both of those things such as your age trying to fix itself to be nineteen and some flashes of memories at bad times, but no plan is perfect. And before you ask the question- you are the person with the best odds to help your team and know exactly to do when you are needed. Once the mission is over, I'll return you back here..... if you so choose. Do we have a deal?" Peter asked, extending his hand.

" Yeah, we have a deal."

~~~End~~~

Final Epilogue: The Call

[Bzz] [Bzz] [Bzz]

"The job is done, Mephisto The bodies are secured."
"No. Pym is none the wiser. The Kanzukis are none the wiser. The were far too happy to receive a tip off to dig too deep into its sauce."
"To them, I'm just another member of the clean up crew. They think I'm just another soldier. A good little boy."
"I've played my role well. I did everything they needed to do. MurderWorld is at the bottom of the island. The Champion's graves are secured. Of course, Pym doesn't need to know that those bodies are clones. He doesn't need to concern himself with that..."
"Yes, the real bodies are on route to the drop off point. The Society will have their weapons, and you will have their good-will. Give Luthor my regards..."
"Yes, you're correct. I'm only sending 20 of the 22 bodies. We were unable to recover Liquid or Warren. It's... unfortunate, I know. From what I understand, there wasn't enough of Angel's body left to sell. It's not a terrible loss. I'm sure Sinister will be more than happy with the body of Mr. Summers, anyway."
"As for Arcade's computers? They've been destroyed. Jianyu was thorough. There was nothing salvageable beneath the island. Just a few androids, and even they will require some much needed TLC before they're back on their feet. I'll oversee that project."
"Thank you, sir. I always aim to please. I trust that our business is concluded? Well. Should you or your new friends in the Society ever need my services again, you'll know where to find me."
"Yes, sir, it does feel good to be debt free. It's been a long five years."
"Oh, and that contract you offered me? With the Fellowship? Remind me how much money is on the table..."
"Oh, that will do nicely. You can tell your representative that I'm at his disposal, for now."
"It's been a pleasure, as always."
[Bzz] [Bzz] [CLICK]

-- -- -- -- -- --
-- -- -- -- -- --
"Miss Coriander?"

[Yes, Captain?]

"Move the bodies to my lab. I want to take a look at them before we send them to the Demon's new best friends. And place the boy and the angel into storage, would you?"

[Yes, sir. Right away, sir.]

"Thank you, Cori. Be a dear and chart a course for the Netherworld. There's someone I need to speak to."

[Shall re-open a com-line with Mephisto?]

"No, no, that won't be necessary. Take me to Blackheart. I've got quite the story to tell him..."

The End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back