Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice Swayne--> Lost and Alone in the Lost City of the Deadlands
View attachment 3920
"Let's not pretend that you're going to shoot me now, child." Renfred sighed, slowly peeling his hand from his face. Still wet with blood, a trembling eyelid danced. He wasn't about to show weakness at a time such as this. He straightened his back and slowly began to make his way down the cracked street.

"For my bodyguard, you haven't done the greatest job at keeping me safe now, have you?"

Crossing the distance between the two of them in a heart beat, Renfred pounded upon Alice's head with like a hammer striking an anvil.

"Stupid child! I had half a mind to abandon you when I heard you were gone! And perhaps I still will..."

@Takumi

@Heart of the Jungle
After running for what seemed like hours, Laura found herself lost in the heart of the jungle region. Still somewhat influenced by the lingering Cursed Trigger Scent, her sense of direction had been thrown off. There wasn't a single notable landmark in sight. Only bushes, trees and more trees. Any local scents had long since been masked by the stench of the morning's storming. The orange glow of evening stirred bad memories.

Yet, as she fled the scene, Laura would come across a flicker of light amongst the grey; a wall of steel sparkled in the light of the setting sun. Shimmering so brightly it was almost hard to look at, the rounded barrier appeared to have been built from hundreds off flat, thin, techno-organic spikes, each one tightly packed beside the next. The wall itself seemed unscaleable, stretching upwards for approximately 3 meters.

A dozen trees remained standing around the fortress, which might've provided her with a better vantage point, or a means of jumping over the wall entirely. Alternatively, getting to close to the wall might alert those hiding behind it, and earn her a meeting with the owner of the thought without cloaks and daggers, perhaps earning the charity of its inhabitant. Or maybe Laura intended to abandon the wall completely, opting instead to push on deeper into the jungle as night closed in, and scramble to find her own food, water and shelter.

@Jeremi

@Camp Orange
"Hey, Buck you hear someth--"

[BOOM]

As the mines screamed to life, the shock of wave alone was enough to uproot the tree. The flames that followed leaped onto and tore through the bark, engulfing the wood in a raging white fire that would light the coming night like a second sun. With a heave and a creak, the treetop looked out began to tip forward. The Winter Soldier braced himself against the wall.

"I thought you said those things were safe!"

"They are! Someone must have--"

[CRUNCH]

With an ear-splitting cry, the tree passed the point of no return and began to crumble, tumbling forth into the undergrowth. Moments before striking the earth, a yellow bullet leaped from the shattering bark, before shooting back up and into another hut in the blink of an aye.

"My guns were in that shelter, Wally!"

"Yeah? Do you want to go down there and pick them up?"

"Which one of us has super speed?"

"And which one of us said that we should 'stay in the crow's nest at all costs--"

Wally caught sight of the dangling Doll and instinctively placed himself into a state of phase. In that days since he had abandoned Arcade's Clearing, Jianyu had undergone such a transformation that she was now completely unrecognisable. Her whole demeanour had changed. Gone was the snappy optimist who had dared to defy Arcade's game. In her place, flew a girl with murder in her eyes.

"I'm starting to think that staying up here might not be a good idea..."

"Get out of here, Wally."

"What? No! I said I'd have your pack. I promised you!"

"You also told me you had a kid waiting on you back home. So get out of here. If I get out of this mess, meet me at Camp Angel."

"No-no-no-we're-not-going-back-there-you-said--"

"We regroup. We pack up. We head out. No use losing our whole team here and now. Besides... I think I know what she wants..."

"Damn it, fine. Camp Angel. I'll be there. Don't die"

"Not planning on it"

Dismantling one wing of the boardwalk in a heart beat, the Flash span around, repurposing the stolen planks to build a new tree top path heading North East and deeper into the jungle. In another flash, he was gone.

"Just you an' me now..." Bucky drawled, slipping his final rifle from his shoulder and resting it against a handle rail. "My guess is that you weren't a fan of what went down at the river, right?" He narrowed his sights, closed one eye, and lined his graticule up with Jianyu's eyeline. The smoke from the growing forest fire would throw his aim off a little. He'd have to bide his time. He doubted he'd have another chance to test Jianyu's bullet resistance. "I'm sorry, pal, but this is war. We can't keep our hands clean if we want to get out of here in one piece. People die. 80 years ago I made a promise to protect my country and all it stood for. No matter the cost. 10 years ago, I made a promise to protect my planet. No matter the cost. I've got a job to do back home..."

View attachment 3922

"No matter the cost. I'm getting back there. I've made promises, and I intend to keep them. Sorry, kid, but my hands are tied. Let's not pretend I had a choice."

@Yun Lee

"I-" Alice started, feeling a tad bit offended but also expecting a scolding anyway and really wanting to apologize again.

Then his fist came down in that all too familiar gesture. Yep, even if it was a Renfred from a different world or past or even an illusion he was still the same and that still hurt, despite Alice being so hardheaded.

tumblr_ppuiycjJdk1sfafj7_100.jpg

"I'm sorry, I'll do better." She whined. She really didnt want to be alone in such a deserted and honestly creepy place. Illusion or not at least she had some kind of company she could trust to a degree.

Then something he said came to her attention as she rubbed at her sore head a little.

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o8_100.jpg

"You heard I was gone?" She blinked as she stopped rubbing her head. It felt like they were on two different pages-which they may as well be. She was in the middle of a death game, so who knows what the hell went on 'behind the scenes' or whatever. Then again, a lot of what Renfred said had a tendency to confuse the blonde so this wasn't necessarily anything new.

@Sark

Jianyu glared at Wally, her anger burning within her yet again. She didn't care how many kids that son of a bitch had. He was every bit at fault for this as Bucky was. Even worse...he was a coward. He stood by and let Bucky set off the bomb, he gave up on the alliance the second things went sour...and now he was running away, too. She had never forgiven him for putting Xiayu in danger yesterday, and now? Now she was going to kill him. But first...someone needed a lesson in remorse.

After his little speech, Bucky would find Jianyu had gone completely missing, as if she had vanished into a puff of dark smoke. Then-

"Is now really the time to be running your mouth, dumbass?!"

Jianyu teleported behind the Winter Soldier, slamming him into the wall of the hut at full force. That was another thing Bison had been able to do with ease, and that she managed with help from that spectre of hers. Though despite the phenomenal power flowing within her, she could even still feel her body starting to cave in. Crap, she was going to have to make this quick.

If the gun had been knocked from his hands in her surprise attack, the Doll would kick it out into the fire. Otherwise she would try to wrangle it from him and do the same. "You think I care why you did what you did?! Why you decided to give in to Arcade like some spineless worm?! I don't! All that crap you just said went in one ear and out the other! I didn't even care about you until this afternoon! You could have gone on, hiding out in this hut, nice and safe until the last day, and I would've left you alone! ...but no." She gulped, feeling her throat tighten. "You just HAD to 'thin the herd,' huh?! You just HAD to blow up everything you wanted, not caring about who got in your way!!"

Her breath got shakier, her emotions threatening to spill out as she screamed at him. All she could see now was that video of Xiayu going over that river. Again. And again. And again. And again. And again and again and again and again and againandagainandagainandagainandagainandagain-

"My sister is DEAD because of you!! COWARD!!!!"

Her control slipped, and her vision went red. She lunged at him like a feral beast, not caring about anything other than her own vengeance. All she cared to do was rip him to shreds.

@Sark

@Camp Orange
"Shit!"
Bucky howled, rolling back deeper into the hut. Before he could comprehend the gravity of the situation, she us upon him, the force of her dark fists pounding upon his mechanical arm over and over again. Unarmed and outmanned, he had no choice but to let its titanium shell take a beating on his behalf. He had to focus. Clear his mind and keep his cool. He was bred for fights like these. Bucky pulled his combat knife from his boot and held it tightly in a reverse grip. Throwing his flesh arm in front of its titanium parallel for a moment, a sought to match the Doll's fist with a slice or who of his own. Against your run of the mill human being, Barnes might have held an advantage in hand to hand combat. As much as he hated to admit it, he wasn't facing off against a run of the mill human being anymore. He had helped bring about the rebirth of a monster not unlike himself. Well trained. Strong. Angry. This wasn't a fight he could win.

"If we don't play his game, we all die. It's better this way!" He threw knee into her ribs, followed by another, before finishing his flurry with a titanium elbow to the jaw. "Your sister isn't special! You're not special! Nobody here is special! Don't think for a moment that her life matters more than the lives of every single person on this island. You know what? I have no idea who your sister is or was. She was in the way. She stood in between us and our one shot at keepin' Arcade busy enough to hold off his goddamn traps!! Where the hell do you think we found those mines? He's planning something! If we keep fighting, we might not have to find out whatever aces he's got up his sleeve! We kill or we die! This. Is. War!"

@Yun Lee
The spikes nor the wall didn't seem like something she wanted to mess with, especially in her current state. Perhaps when this poison from her system finally left her body she'd be ready. For the time being she climbed up one of the trees with a strong enough branch to hold her and that was full enough that she was able to stay hidden from any prying eyes.

Despite her fear of hurting the others among them she wasn't ready to cast her own life away. There was still work to be done.

Like placing Arcade's head on a pike.

@Sark
@Jungle Depths
From her treetop hiding spot, Laura see the Jungle Region stretching on for miles. Even as the light of the second day slowly began to fade, she could still see so much. Fire. In the distance. A tower of smoke danced from tree to tree, tearing its way through the jungle. Even at its current speed, the fire wouldn't reach her until morning. She was safe. For now. Safe, yet hungry. The distant fire seemed to push the few living creatures in the forest upwards or eastwards out from the jungle and into the Northern Clearing. The rising temperatures and ashen airs of the south would boil and salt the rivers and lakes until they soured. Finding any resources in the Jungle would be a challenge, to say the least.

From one side of the jungle to the other, Hex would see a yellow stream of light tearing a path through the chaos. Looping from tree to tree to crap across a rapidly built wooden path, the thunderbolt stumbled, rolled and fell. He lacked the planks to continued building a path as he charged. His lungs had already blackened from smoke inhalation, and the scar across his back had opened once again. Bloodied and bruised, Wally West fell from the trees and struck the undergrowth with a crackle and snap.

He scrambled to his feet again, only for his legs to buckle under the strain. Without aid, he wouldn't survive the night.

Laura's view of the fort would reveal a large hut sitting at its heart built from hand-cut planks not unlike those Wally had been throwing from tree to tree and incredible speeds. Across its roof rested similar flat sheets of steel, identical to those making up the outer wall. The fort itself had been built around a small lake, beside which, sat a sack of freshly caught fish. Through the window of the hut, she could catch sight of a figure resting by a small fire.

@Jeremi
"I-" Alice started, feeling a tad bit offended but also expecting a scolding anyway and really wanting to apologize again.

Then his fist came down in that all too familiar gesture. Yep, even if it was a Renfred from a different world or past or even an illusion he was still the same and that still hurt, despite Alice being so hardheaded.

"I'm sorry, I'll do better." She whined. She really didnt want to be alone in such a deserted and honestly creepy place. Illusion or not at least she had some kind of company she could trust to a degree.

Then something he said came to her attention as she rubbed at her sore head a little.

"You heard I was gone?" She blinked as she stopped rubbing her head. It felt like they were on two different pages-which they may as well be. She was in the middle of a death game, so who knows what the hell went on 'behind the scenes' or whatever. Then again, a lot of what Renfred said had a tendency to confuse the blonde so this wasn't necessarily anything new.

@Sark
"You always promise to improve, but before we know it, I'll be injured again. I suppose, in some ways, I too am to blame--" Renfred's left eye slowly crept open, revealing a twitching, pained glance.
View attachment 3923
"I've been watching the footage, Alice. I saw what happened. And I'm... sorry"

He turned his back to Alice and raised his head. Stoic. Calm. The only movement upon his figure was his left sleeve drifting in the wind.

"I had been so proud of your progress. I thought you would have learned from your mistakes by now... but here you are: In a cage, fighting for a mutant, another monster masquerading as a human being. You let your friends get hurt. You let your friends die. We can't honey truths, Alice. The
fact is you still have so much to learn... So much you needed me to teach you..."

"So tell me. Why did you run away?"
He replied matter-of-factly "Answer"

@Takumi

Damn it! Damn it!!! Why was he made of metal? Where was his skin? His bones? His organs? She had to kill him but she couldn't do that until she found where his weak spots were!! But the more she hit, the more she grew angry, and the more her control waned. It was a violent cycle that had no way of stopping until Bucky fought back. Knocked off him, Jianyu was brought back to reality, staying silent as he mouthed off. And yet, he made a very, VERY big mistake: he didn't try to finish her off when he had the chance. But no...he had to go and say all that bullshit about their situation...and about Xiayu.

Bucky really should have killed her when he had the chance. Because thanks to him? She was in control again.

"...you don't fucking get it, DO you?" She looked at him, a fury and determination in her eyes that let him know she'd stop at nothing to kill him. "You give Arcade what he wants by playing into his hands! The threats, the first kill, all of it is bullshit! I tried to tell everyone that, but no. One. Listened. If we had worked together? We could've had a chance. We could have figured out how this island worked, what he's planning, and less people would have died. But thanks to you? There's gonna be total carnage all week. Wanna know why?"

She grabbed his throat and teleported again, bringing them both over the fire. With him at bay, she grinned, deciding to monologue herself. "Because you're wrong. My sister WAS special. She was nice, kind, smart, strong...and if anyone could have stopped him, she could. The people at the lake could have, but thanks to you they're all either dead or dying! And unfortunately for you? I'm special, too. I'm a piece of shit! And you took away the only thing that kept me on a fucking leash! And now I'm gonna kill, Bucky. But not for Arcade. For ME. Your entire goddamn team of cockroaches is going down, so is anyone else just like you! Cowards who attack peaceful people who just want to escape and fight Arcade together! We're all special here, Bucky. We all have abilities that we can use to help us get out...and I'm doing everything to make sure we survive. And that starts with killing the biggest fucking liability on this goddamn island!"

Jianyu roared, putting all her energy into throwing her opponent into the heart of the fire. If the fall didn't kill him, the flames definitely would, and she would wait to see how it went.

@Sark

@Camp Orange
"Shit!"
Bucky howled, rolling back deeper into the hut. Before he could comprehend the gravity of the situation, she us upon him, the force of her dark fists pounding upon his mechanical arm over and over again. Unarmed and outmanned, he had no choice but to let its titanium shell take a beating on his behalf. He had to focus. Clear his mind and keep his cool. He was bred for fights like these. Bucky pulled his combat knife from his boot and held it tightly in a reverse grip. Throwing his flesh arm in front of its titanium parallel for a moment, a sought to match the Doll's fist with a slice or who of his own. Against your run of the mill human being, Barnes might have held an advantage in hand to hand combat. As much as he hated to admit it, he wasn't facing off against a run of the mill human being anymore. He had helped bring about the rebirth of a monster not unlike himself. Well trained. Strong. Angry. This wasn't a fight he could win.

"If we don't play his game, we all die. It's better this way!" He threw knee into her ribs, followed by another, before finishing his flurry with a titanium elbow to the jaw. "Your sister isn't special! You're not special! Nobody here is special! Don't think for a moment that her life matters more than the lives of every single person on this island. You know what? I have no idea who your sister is or was. She was in the way. She stood in between us and our one shot at keepin' Arcade busy enough to hold off his goddamn traps!! Where the hell do you think we found those mines? He's planning something! If we keep fighting, we might not have to find out whatever aces he's got up his sleeve! We kill or we die! This. Is. War!"

@Yun Lee

@Jungle Depths
From her treetop hiding spot, Laura see the Jungle Region stretching on for miles. Even as the light of the second day slowly began to fade, she could still see so much. Fire. In the distance. A tower of smoke danced from tree to tree, tearing its way through the jungle. Even at its current speed, the fire wouldn't reach her until morning. She was safe. For now. Safe, yet hungry. The distant fire seemed to push the few living creatures in the forest upwards or eastwards out from the jungle and into the Northern Clearing. The rising temperatures and ashen airs of the south would boil and salt the rivers and lakes until they soured. Finding any resources in the Jungle would be a challenge, to say the least.

From one side of the jungle to the other, Hex would see a yellow stream of light tearing a path through the chaos. Looping from tree to tree to crap across a rapidly built wooden path, the thunderbolt stumbled, rolled and fell. He lacked the planks to continued building a path as he charged. His lungs had already blackened from smoke inhalation, and the scar across his back had opened once again. Bloodied and bruised, Wally West fell from the trees and struck the undergrowth with a crackle and snap.

He scrambled to his feet again, only for his legs to buckle under the strain. Without aid, he wouldn't survive the night.

Laura's view of the fort would reveal a large hut sitting at its heart built from hand-cut planks not unlike those Wally had been throwing from tree to tree and incredible speeds. Across its roof rested similar flat sheets of steel, identical to those making up the outer wall. The fort itself had been built around a small lake, beside which, sat a sack of freshly caught fish. Through the window of the hut, she could catch sight of a figure resting by a small fire.

@Jeremi

"You always promise to improve, but before we know it, I'll be injured again. I suppose, in some ways, I too am to blame--" Renfred's left eye slowly crept open, revealing a twitching, pained glance.
View attachment 3923

He turned his back to Alice and raised his head. Stoic. Calm. The only movement upon his figure was his left sleeve drifting in the wind.

"I had been so proud of your progress. I thought you would have learned from your mistakes by now... but here you are: In a cage, fighting for a mutant, another monster masquerading as a human being. You let your friends get hurt. You let your friends die. We can't honey truths, Alice. The
fact is you still have so much to learn... So much you needed me to teach you..."

@Takumi

Laura looked down at Wally and only had one word to say. "Dammit." Filing that hut she saw for later Weapon Hex leaped down from her vantage point she'd walk up to the speedster and lean down. "You still alive?"

@Sark

@Camp Orange
"Shit!"

@Yun Lee

@Jungle Depths

@Jeremi

View attachment 3923

@Takumi

Sometimes, she thought about her failures. He willingly got himself hurt for her the first time, the second failure cost him an arm and she couldn't even get it back from the creepy fucking brat who took it. He scolded her for trying to though-it was rather reckless of her.

His apology had her meeting his gaze, her brows furrowed as she was going to say something along the lines of 'you don't have to apologize, we can't do shit about it right now because of that nutjob Arcade' but he turned his back and kept speaking, so she listened.

The fact he had been proud of her, if even for a little while, made her rub the back of her neck. She didn't think she did much to be proud of really, then came the obvious slip ups that happened only not to long ago.

"Why did you run away?"

There were many things he could mean-why did you run away from the rest of your team and leave them? Why did you run away when you could protect them? Why did you run away from me? Why did you run away from the College?-well, those last two were things she wouldn't willingly do since it'd leave her with nowhere else to go but back to the streets. Besides, if it wasn't for Renfred she probably wouldn't have seen another birthday.

tumblr_ppuiybJunD1sfafj7_100.jpg

"Given the shitshow that just happened, I was hoping to get to solid ground and see if meeting up with the remainder of my team was possible, but....well, I'm lost now, so I can't be of help at all and that thought alone is frustrating. Not much I can do about it now but keep going." She sighed. Then tilted her head and added, "Mutant or not, he's helped quite a bit and saved my life." She wouldn't bring up how Scott kind of reminded her of Renfred in the beginning with his strategies and all that-her mentor would probably feel like she compared him to that Elias fellow and she didn't want to get scolded any worse for accidentally offending him in some way.

tumblr_ppsuxiCXdB1sfafj7_100.jpg

"Where the hell did you come from anyway?" She questioned then, wondering if Arcade just happened to be keeping their loved ones somewhere on the island to use as some form of mind game. Or to confuse them into thinking it was a mind game. She was starting to get a headache trying to figure out if there was really anything that needed any figuring out.

@Sark

Last edited:
@Camp Orange
[CRACK]
Bucky's collar struck the burning undergrowth, sending the rest of his body buckling and snapping over his torso. For a few moments, he sat among the flames, motionless, unblinking. A few heartbeats later, his cheek twitched. The flames had started to lick at his flesh. He found himself unable to scream. A streams of red flooded his vision, all he was able to do as stare upwards into the trees, helpless, dying, locking eyes with his murderer.

After 3 long minutes, the few signs of Life that lingered upon his face had finally started to fade. It was hard to tell whether the flames or his broken bones had gotten to him first. Or maybe it was snoke inhalation. But now matter which way it was cut, Bucky Barnes had been painfully pulled from this world, delivered by Jainyu's hand.

As Bucky's light faded, so did the light of the previous day. The cease fire that had marked the first day had been shattered, and with its destruction, the Massacre of MurderWorld had begun.

@Lake Team
The peaceful souls that had fought with such passion to find a peaceful conclusion to Arcade's game had been scattered to the wind. The once bustling force now consited only of Stephen, Nezumi, Hyakkimaru, Kara and Terry. As the water's pressure finally returned to its normal flow, Hyakkimaru would find himself able to safely surface and return to his allies upstream. As Kara, Conner and Max fought through the night, the rest of the team might have found a moment of peace, and a chance to eat the fish they had fought and cooked the day before. A stillness hung in the air. A silence. Not even the wind could be heard.

@Northern Clearing
As Billy and Isabeau prepared to find shelter for the night they too would notice the relative peace that had fallen across the island. Alone in the Northern Clearing, the two champions would have easy access to several lakes to drink from, lush plants to find food amongst and trees to sleep under. Building a quick camp would be easy for one with the speed of Mercury.

@Jungle Depths
"I... I..." Wally stuttered, desperately and trying to pull himself to his feet. His efforts were futile. "I think? There's... Somewhere we can rest... Nearby... Unless... You want to kill me..?" He coughed, and stretched out a trembling hand. A call for help. He puffed out every word in isolation, and stared back at Laura with a faint, desperate stare. He was almost delirious. "God knows I deserve it... But my team... We stashed away a bunch of food... Medicine..." His words were interrupted but another series of throaty coughs. "Our old camp... its not far from here... You help me... I can you... Please... She's... Trying to kill us... Coming after us all..."

@Jeremi

@Yun Lee @Crow @York @Takumi @Minerva @Alex Azure @dark @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
It was over. It was all over. Jianyu had won. Her sister was avenged, and Bucky was dead. There was a lot to unpack. A LOT. But Jianyu had one overwhelming sensation take over her mind.

She was tired.

The Psycho Power within her had done its job, thanks in large part to that spectre. But using it so violently came with a heavy toll on her body, making her completely exhausted. She would really only have enough energy to do one last thing with this energy. Floating down into the hut, she rushed in and grabbed whatever she could: food, medicine, weapons, anything she could hold before closing her eyes and teleporting away.

She had never seen the place where she wanted to go, but she knew it was where she wanted to be above all else: the base of the waterfall that had claimed Xiayu. It didn't matter what waited for her there. There would be a comfort there, a closure in that place, and then after she set up camp and got some rest...she could deal with everything.

@Sark

@Camp Orange @Lake Team @Ice Bridge @Northern Clearing

[CRACK]
Bucky's collar struck the burning undergrowth, sending the rest of his body buckling and snapping over his torso. For a few moments, he sat among the flames, motionless, unblinking. A few heartbeats later, his cheek twitched. The flames had started to lick at his flesh. He found himself unable to scream. A streams of red flooded his vision, all he was able to do as stare upwards into the trees, helpless, dying, locking eyes with his murderer.

After 3 long minutes, the few signs of Life that lingered upon his face had finally started to fade. It was hard to tell whether the flames or his broken bones had gotten to him first. Or maybe it was snoke inhalation. But now matter which way it was cut, Bucky Barnes had been painfully pulled from this world, delivered by Jainyu's hand.

As Bucky's light faded, so did the light of the previous day. The cease fire that had marked the first day had been shattered, and with its destruction, the Massacre of MurderWorld had begun.

The peaceful souls that had fought with such passion to find a peaceful conclusion to Arcade's game had been scattered to the wind. The once bustling force now consited only of Stephen, Nezumi, Hyakkimaru, Kara and Terry. As the water's pressure finally returned to its normal flow, Hyakkimaru would find himself able to safely surface and return to his allies upstream. As Kara, Conner and Max fought through the night, the rest of the team might have found a moment of peace, and a chance to eat the fish they had fought and cooked the day before. A stillness hung in the air. A silence. Not even the wind could be heard.

As Billy and Isabeau prepared to find shelter for the night they too would notice the relative peace that had fallen across the island. Alone in the Northern Clearing, the two champions would have easy access to several lakes to drink from, lush plants to find food amongst and trees to sleep under. Building a quick camp would be easy for one with the speed of Mercury.

@Jungle Depths
"I... I..." Wally stuttered, desperately and trying to pull himself to his feet. His efforts were futile. "I think? There's... Somewhere we can rest... Nearby... Unless... You want to kill me..?" He coughed, and stretched out a trembling hand. A call for help. He puffed out every word in isolation, and stared back at Laura with a faint, desperate stare. He was almost delirious. "God knows I deserve it... But my team... We stashed away a bunch of food... Medicine..." His words were interrupted but another series of throaty coughs. "Our old camp... its not far from here... You help me... I can you... Please... She's... Trying to kill us... Coming after us all..."

@Jeremi

@Yun Lee @Crow @York @Takumi @Minerva @Alex Azure @dark @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies

Laura looked down at Wally. "And perhaps you do deserve it, but I will not allow it." She scooped him up over her shoulder. "We're not circus animals playing for Arcades affection. At least I'm not." Her words were harsh before she changed the subject. "I saw a hut inside a fort and someone stirring inside, but considering your condition perhaps you'll lead the way to your little secret?"

@Sark

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry was prepared to move out the way the second that the unversed attacked him. He wasn't sure where he was and if he would find a way back to his team, but that seemed second to survival at the moment. "Hey, hey, big guy. Look at where we are, no master around for miles. If you kill me here, he won't get the thrill of knowing and imagine how mad he might get. He didn't order you to kill me and your master seems like the type to be mad if he finds you. You and me work together.....and you can kill me once you find your master." Okay, so maybe Henry was lying, but the armor wouldn't know that.

@Gummi Bunnies

Billy/Shazam

Billy quickly made a tent for him and the nice woman who had comforted him from his low, but yet, he felt a lingering question on the tip of his tongue. " Am I a bad person? I just killed two people and god, I regret it...... but I'm terrified that I'll want to hurt someone again.People are already made at me.... and now I'm here.... miles away from my team, having a breakdown. "

@Minerva

Last edited:
Tch, what some ambush this turned out to be. Not only did he unintentionally weakened himself by getting separated from his Unversed, he only had the time and energy to force a retreat. As much as he wanted to take advantage of the caves crumbling apart to finish off his opponent, he was well aware that doing so would cost his life too, which wasn't a thing he wanted to happen.

With limited mana and the inability to use his dark portals, Vanitas started to bolt out of the area, trying to see where he can exit from here.

@Sark

The armored Unversed had energy swelled up in its fists, prepping to attack. However, maybe it understood what Henry had said. And thus, the Unversed did attack, its punch directed towards the decaying trees nearby. Much like having a frustrated tantrum, the armored Unversed started wrecking havoc, but not towards Henry. Something had upset the Unversed, but it wasn't taking out its frustration on the only other living being near it.

@Lucky

Emerging from the river at last, Hyakkimaru slowly walked over to retrieve his prosthetic arms that were left aside due to that scuffle not too long ago. Well, he couldn't exactly pick them up with his arms as is right now, swords weren't really great at picking stuff up without stabbing into them.

❝ Can't... put on... by myself. ❞ He spoke with a tired breath, glancing at those that were safe and present. Maybe they could give him a helping hand.

@Sark @Takumi @Atomic Knight
@LakePpl

908a9834edf83743ad305ddf2269a0fd.png

Number of Survivors: 28 Number of Dead: 5 MIA: 3 Hours until Extinction: 66 Time: 6:20

View attachment 3939

As the morning sun's rays slowly crawled over the peaks over the Otherside Cliffs, the remaining champions were slowly lulled awake. Unlike the previous morning, which had dragged them into consciousness with a chilling storm of Cursed Trigger Scent, the survivors found themselves waking up to the sound of... music? A chipper beat shivered across the island. And electric keyboard joined the party. A sharp electric guitar ping or two jumped into the Royale. Before they new it, a familiar voice completed the orchestra. As the sky exploded in a flash of white, a familiar smile stretched across the sun.

"Who can make the Sun rise?"

"Sprinkle it with dew?"

"Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two?!"

"The Candyman!"

"Yes sir! The Candy Man Can!"

View attachment 3940

"And the CandyMan is ready to get this show on the road!" The Sky screamed. "Don't get me wrong, I've loved your work so far! Incredible! Especially you, Jianyu! I mean, I thought I'd have to do a lot more than let your sister die before you'd go all 'Rambo' on us, but hey! I'm not complaining! Quite the opposite! I mean, you made it into yesterday's highlight reel!"

In a flicker and a flash, the sky began to play the previous day's highlight reel, starting with the violent death of James Barnes and concluding with the death of Xianyu. Once again, the final scene began to loop over and over again.

"You know, part of me really wants to get that fixed..." The Sky laughed. "But I'll level with you all. Its just a treat to see her flip out as she falls. Arms and legs everywhere as she goes down, right? And hey, her arms and legs went everywhere after she hit the ground too. An arm here a leg there... hey, if I didn't want to keep my island nice and clean... for now... there might have been little bits of her everywhere!" Arcade laughed again. "But hey, let's get back on topic. We've got another man of the hour!"

The Sky's eyes darted across to the Northern Clearing, its stare burning into Billy and Isabeau.

"Mr.Shazam-Sir!" It cried. "2 kills in as many seconds! Amazing! A quick zip and zap on the Ice Path! Magnifique! I think you'll love to see what's changed on today's Leader-boards, bud:"

"Time to check out today's very particular order!"

--

1. Billy Batson/Shazam (21%)

1. Jianyu (21%)

2. Laura Kinney/ Weapon Hex (16%)

3. Max Griffin (15%)

4. Vanitas (10%)

5. Warren Wothington III/ Angel (7%)

6. Nezumi (5.5%)

7. Hnikar (5.2%)

8. Alice Swayne (7.6%)

9. Eli/White Mamba (6%)

"Play of the Match" Billy Batson's explosive diving lesson

"Kill of the Match" Jianyu's burning neck-breaker

"Assist of the Match" Hnikar's cavalry rush

"Best Villain" Jianyu and her Psycho Transformation

"Best Hero" Xianyu and her waterfall splat-rifice.
"A lot of you might have noticed a clear lack of killer bees and acid storms this morning, and that is no coincidence! That, my dears, is a strategic move on my part. You see, I believe that Mr.Batson could have dealt out a lot more hurt if he had hung about on the Ice Bridge a little longer. Some might say, our lovely viewers included, that you got away Scott-Free. I'm sure there are some people out here who demand justice... such as those who you tried to kill by exposure before Saint Hnikar came along"

View attachment 3931

"You know? That little 'strategic retreat' you pulled has gotten me thinking. My map here is a little too big. I mean, there's a whole world between Isabeau and Wally, and that breaks my pretty little heart. It really does. And you know who else this plan hurts? My TRAPS! My lovely little traps aren't getting enough use! You ever seen Toy Story? Imagine that's but its a bunch of death traps getting sad because they're not eviscerating enough people!"

"So I say its time to shake things up again. I, who made the Sun rise this morning, doth declare that my Murderworld shall now start trying to murder you too! Just like the good old days! Just like the glorious giant pinball machine days!!"

[BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM]

Earthquakes shook the island.

"Oh Shit.."

"That's right, Terry! 'Oh Shit' Indeed!! I say you better get into the foetal positional, because your personal odds are... not great. I mean, your body has been sliced with more holes that a block of cheese, son!! I'd can't wait to see you get chewed up and spat out tonight! I mean, its not like you're gonna be winning this thing, anyway... unless.. Unless you get moving.."

"Across the island, I've set up 3 safe zones across the island! The first is at Camp Angel..."

"Oh-shit-shit-shit-shit-shit"

"--Where you will find a man who's really worth killing. A man who's blood can cure all of your nasty little injuries. Pneumonia. Stab wounds. Bullet wounds. Blood diseases. The lot, and a buck load of food. There would probably be more if one-very-dead-super-soldier hadn't already stolen all my guns and mines, and one very-not-dead-super-soldier hadn't blown half of them up, but hey. It's still worth checking out."

View attachment 3932

"The second is alllllllll the way over in the Flooded Plains. Now that spot has some goodies. Enough to keep at least some of you fed until Annihilation Day! But to get there, you'll have to get past all the fires Jianyu started- yeah all that smoke? Wasn't even me! Who'd have guessed? And even once you've gone around that fire, you've still got the Great Ranges to march through!"

"Now, our third and final safe zone is at the very bottom of the island, at the veerrry tip of the Drylands. But to get there, you'll have get through a bunch of acid storms, rad-zones, quick sand and a giant canyon, courtesy of Mr.Vanitas! See? You guys are destroying my island about as much as you're destroying each other, and I'm a real fan of that!"

View attachment 3933

"Believe me when I say getting to these Safezones will be tough. And when I say tough, I mean eye gougingly tough. But the struggles of man make amazing prime time entertainment. You're going to want to put the work into your journey, however, my friends. Because as soon as another Champion steps foot in one of my safezones, the world outside that barrier is going to get wayyy more dangerous. Consider today the race of your lives. Come lunch time, you'll see what I mean..."

@Everyone Outside the Deadlands

@Lakes Team

"Oh man... this... isn't good..." The Batman wheezed, clutching his shattered ribs. "We've barely got enough numbers to stay afloat as it is... I mean... I---" With a great cry, he fell to his knees, clutching his stomach. "Damnit... I think I--Do you hear that?"

[BUZZZZZ] [BUZZZZ] [BUZZZZZ]

"Oh my God... its getting closer... we've gotta go... we gotta---argh!!"

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @York

@Ice Bridge

After a night spent crossing what remained of the drifting Ice Bridge, Eli and Hnikar found themselves back on dry land, Goro's unconscious body having drifted out of sight. In the end, the Mamba had chosen to spare his prey. He could quite place his finger one why, but over past few hours, he had felt his strength slowly fade, his resolve slowly being sapped by the icy spray and chilling wind. He needed food. He needed rest. He needed... Something.

"Looks like things are going to get more interesting around here Hni--" Eli broke into a throaty coughing fit, before rapidly gasping for air. He greedily gulped down air and desperately composed himself. "Hnikar… We've got to push on to.." He sneezed, wrapping his furs tightly around his chest. "We've the furthest from the safe z-z-zone. If you want to waste time search for S-S-Scott and A-A-Alice, you can do it without me... I-I-I'm heading West..."

@Crow

@Northern Clearing

[HISS]

Before Shazam could fully comprehend the scope of the situation, the jaws of a viper closed in around his ankle, pumping his body with a boiling venom. Even with the Strength of a God, the poison seemed to find its way into his veins, overwhelming his senses. Looking down to the floor would inform Isabeau and Billy that the very grass beneath their feet had began transform into a sea of snakes, which leaped and danced at their feet. In a matter of movements, one snake had become 20. 20 had become 100. 100 became 500. The oldest of the tribe had grown from the size of a single blade of grass to that of a long, winding reed, and continued to grow with each passing second. The two Champions were trapped in the heart of the Sea of Serpents.

@Minerva @Lucky

@Jungle Depths

"That fort... was our old HQ... it was where our old stash was... before he went crazy... must have had a few screws loose to begin with... and something pushed him over the edge. But he always hunted at night... if we hurry... we can get what we need from his place and go before he gets back... find a different safe zone... we're in trouble either way... but we need that safezone… and its supplies... medicine... its the only way we're gonna-- argh!" With a cry, Wally finally passed out, succumbing to his injuries for the time being.

@Jeremi

@Waterfall Cave

After looking all she could from Camp Orange, Jianyu already had a portion of the supplies that Bucky had looted from the first safe zone under her belt. Although most of the medicine had burned before she could reach it, the Doll would have managed to secure a fairly large haul consisting of 2 packets of dried noodles, a day's worth of military rations, a sheathed machete, a pair of binoculars and loaded SMG, with half a clip of ammo attacked. Having been left to melt in a fire for some time prior to her looking, some of her equipment would need a good clean and some slight repairs before they would live up to their full potential.

Though well equipped to hide out for a day or two, the threats of the coming waves of traps would inevitably push Jianyu back onto the defensive. In the distance, she could hear the clapping of hundreds of wings, travelling Southwards towards her cave. From her cave, she could make out an acid cloud drifting North West-- in a couple of hours, its toxins would contaminate the waterfall's waters.

In the blinding radiance of first light, Jianyu would find herself able to make out the silhouette of her 'guardian angel', floating above the rushing water.

View attachment 3934

Stretching out his oversized sleeve, he once again lent his strength to hers, further enhancing her Psycho Power and augmenting her teleportation abilities. For a moment he lingered, his pale eyes staring towards her, perhaps in search of some sign of approval or dismay.

@Yun Lee

@Underground Cave--> Frozen Plains

By he time the cave had crumbled around them, the Champions inside desperately sprinted in all directions, scattered by the tumbling rubble. A desperate sprint down his chosen passage would eventually leads Vanitas to the surface once again, only for his face to be clawed at by a violent wind. Flickers of snow licked a his cheeks. Leaping from a firepan and into the beating heart of the fire, Vanitas was stranded on the edge of the Frozen Plains, overlooking the Beast's Bay, his passage collapsing behind him.
From his perch, he would be able to make out the vague silhouettes of panicked, distant figures rushing along the Northern Clearing horizon. Opting to hunt these figures would improve his placing on the leader board and his chances of victory by a substantial margin, however, opting to do so would leave him vulnerable to Arcade's coming traps-- heading to the Northern Clearing would waste precious moments he could spent travelling across the Frozen Plains in search of one of the 3 marked safe zones.

@Gummi Bunnies

@Deadlands

As the Unversed and Danger 'settled their differences' and destroyed the dead, towering trees of the Deadlands, a distant sound would prick their ears.

[THWIP] [THWIP] [THWIP]

"Oh thank God!" A familiar voice called. "People! Real people! Oh thank God! I could really do with a nice warm slice of people right now!"

His silhouette lost in the fog, the strange red-blue blur seemed to swing from tree to tree, closing in on the Champions.

"Right now, I don't care if you both want to crush me like a bug! Honestly, I could die for a little company right now!"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

"Given the shitshow that just happened, I was hoping to get to solid ground and see if meeting up with the remainder of my team was possible, but....well, I'm lost now, so I can't be of help at all and that thought alone is frustrating. Not much I can do about it now but keep going." She sighed. Then tilted her head and added, "Mutant or not, he's helped quite a bit and saved my life."
@Deadlands---> Alice Swayne

View attachment 3935
"I shouldn't have to remind you that you are capable of defending yourself, Alice. If you depend on creatures such as the Cyclops, then it appears as if I have overestimated you yet again.." Renfred sighed, wrapping his arms across his torso. "You've been reckless, Alice. I would not have endured all that I have with you had I not anticipated something more."

"Where the hell did you come from anyway?"

View attachment 3936

"I must confess that... I don't know. I woke up in this place about a week ago, and it seems as if I've been walking her ever since. Not that I've made much ground; whatever this region is, it seems to defy the laws of reason. I'm haven't been alone, of course. I've seen flickers of people. Half people. They've been walking too, only they seem to vanish as swiftly as I can greet them. As a matter of a fact, I doubted my eyes the moment I first saw you in the flesh..."

"Mutant or not, he's helped quite a bit and saved my life."

View attachment 3938

Even with his back turned to her, Alice could see Renfred's body language visibly shift. His shoulders tensed up to an even greater extent than they had been before. His eyelids flickered open.

"I'm sorry, Alice... I thought you knew... You don't have a team left to regroup with... Scott Summers is dead. I passed his body on my way to you. If the mutant meant something to you, I am sorry. And Eli and Hnikar... Arcade projected the footage across the sky... they abandoned you. Even now, the Mamba heads inland, sucumbing to his sickness. Alice... I am sorry... but there is no longer a 'Red Team'... You and I are alone here, and no-one is coming to save us..."

"Forget my questions. I've been pushing you too far. For now, it falls to us to save ourselves... in spite of your recent failures, I find myself in need of a bodyguard once again..."

@Takumi
Red Team
Katherine 'Kate' Bishop/ Hawkeye @Atomic Knight [/STATUS: DECEASED: ELECTROCUTED BY BILLY BATSON/SHAZAM]
Hnikar @Crow
Alice Swayne @Takumi [/STATUS: MIA: MISSING IN THE DEADLANDS!]
Eli/Liquid Snake

Blue Team
Hyakkimaru @Gummi Bunnies [/STATUS: INJURED!]
Laura Kinney @Jeremi [/KILLS: 1]
Maeve @Hahli Nuva
Max Griffin @York

Green Team
Isabeau @Minerva
Alani Ryan @Jeremi [/STATUS: DECEASED: ELECTROCUTED BY BILLY BATSON/SHAZAM]
Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies
Psycho Mantis

Yellow Team
Nezumi @Takumi
Jaime Reyes @Crow

Xiayu @Yun Lee [/STATUS: DECEASED: SACRIFICED TO THE RAVINE]
Ben Reilly/ Scarlet Spider [/STATUS: ???]

Pink Team
Kara/ Supergirl @York
Jianyu @Yun Lee
Stephen Universe @Atomic Knight

Terry McGinnis/ Batman Beyond [/STATUS:INJURED!]

Orange Team
Bucky Barnes/ Winter Soldier [/STATUS: DECEASED: BURNED ALIVE BY JIANYU][/KILLS: 1]
Wally West/ Kid Flash [/STATUS: INJURED!]
Warren Worthington III/ Angel
Connor Kent/ Superboy

White Team
Billy Batson/ Shazam @Lucky [/KILLS: 2]
Jak/Mar @dark
Goro Akechi @Alex Azure
Scott Summers/Cyclops [/STATUS: MIA: MISSING IN THE DEAD ZONE!]

Purple Team
Henry Hart/ Kid Danger @Lucky [/STATUS: MIA: MISSING IN THE DEADZONE!]
Ratchet @dark
Haru Okumura @Alex Azure
Amadeus Cho

Last edited:

Number of Survivors: 28 Number of Dead: 5 MIA: 3 Hours until Extinction: 66 Time: 6:20

View attachment 3939

As the morning sun's rays slowly crawled over the peaks over the Otherside Cliffs, the remaining champions were slowly lulled awake. Unlike the previous morning, which had dragged them into consciousness with a chilling storm of Cursed Trigger Scent, the survivors found themselves waking up to the sound of... music? A chipper beat shivered across the island. And electric keyboard joined the party. A sharp electric guitar ping or two jumped into the Royale. Before they new it, a familiar voice completed the orchestra. As the sky exploded in a flash of white, a familiar smile stretched across the sun.

"Sprinkle it with dew?"

"The Candyman!"

View attachment 3940

"And the CandyMan is ready to get this show on the road!" The Sky screamed. "Don't get me wrong, I've loved your work so far! Incredible! Especially you, Jianyu! I mean, I thought I'd have to do a little more than let your sister day to see you go all Rambo on us, but hey! I'm not complaining! The opposite! You made it into yesterday's highlight reel!"

In a flicker and a flash, the sky began to play the previous day's highlight reel, starting with the violent death of James Barnes and concluding with the death of Xianyu. Once again, the final scene began to loop over and over again.

"You know, part of me really wants to get that fixed..." The Sky laughed. "But I'll level with you all. Its just a treat to see her flip out as she falls. Arms and legs everywhere as she goes down, right? And hey, her arms and legs went everywhere after she hit the ground too. An arm here a leg there... hey, if I didn't want to keep my island nice and clean... for now... there might have been little bits of her everywhere!" Arcade laughed again. "But hey, let's get back on topic. We've got another man of the hour!"

The Sky's eyes darted across to the Northern Clearing, its stare burning into Billy and Isabeau.

"Mr.Shazam-Sir!" It cried. "2 kills in as many seconds! Amazing! A quick zip and zap on the Ice Path! Magnifique! I think you'll love to see what's changed on today's Leader-boards, bud:"

--

1. Jianyu (21%)

3. Max Griffin (15%)

4. Vanitas (10%)

6. Nezumi (5.5%)

7. Hnikar (5.2%)

8. Alice Swayne (7.6%)

9. Eli/White Mamba (6%)

"A lot of you might have noticed a clear lack of killer bees and acid storms this morning, and that is no coincidence! That, my dears, is a strategic move on my part. You see, I believe that Mr.Batson could have dealt out a lot more hurt if he had hung about on the Ice Bridge a little longer. Some might say, our lovely viewers included, that you got away Scott-Free. I'm sure there are some people out here who demand justice... such as those who you tried to kill by exposure before Saint Hnikar came along"

View attachment 3931

"You know? That little 'strategic retreat' you pulled has gotten me thinking. My map here is a little too big. I mean, there's a whole world between Isabeau and Wally, and that breaks my pretty little heart. It really does. And you know who else this plan hurts? My TRAPS! My lovely little traps aren't getting enough use! You ever seen Toy Story? Imagine that's but its a bunch of death traps getting sad because they're not eviscerating enough people!"

"So I say its time to shake things up again. I, who made the Sun rise this morning, doth declare that my Murderworld shall now start trying to murder you too! Just like the good old days! Just like the glorious giant pinball machine days!!"

"Oh Shit.."

"That's right, Terry! 'Oh Shit' Indeed!! I say you better get into the foetal positional, because your personal odds are... not great. I mean, your body has been sliced with more holes that a block of cheese, son!! I'd can't wait to see you get chewed up and spat out tonight! I mean, its not like you're gonna be winning this thing, anyway... unless.. Unless you get moving.."

"Across the island, I've set up 3 safe zones across the island! The first is at Camp Angel..."

"--Where you will find a man who's really worth killing. A man who's blood can cure all of your nasty little injuries. Pneumonia. Stab wounds. Bullet wounds. Blood diseases. The lot, and a buck load of food. There would probably be more if one-very-dead-super-soldier hadn't already stolen all my guns and mines, and one very-not-dead-super-soldier hadn't blown half of them up, but hey. It's still worth checking out."

View attachment 3932

"The second is alllllllll the way over in the Flooded Plains. Now that spot has some goodies. Enough to keep at least some of you fed until Annihilation Day! But to get there, you'll have to get past all the fires Jianyu started- yeah all that smoke? Wasn't even me! Who'd have guessed? And even once you've gone around that fire, you've still got the Great Ranges to march through!"

"Now, our third and final safe zone is at the very bottom of the island, at the veerrry tip of the Drylands. But to get there, you'll have get through a bunch of acid storms, rad-zones, quick sand and a giant canyon, courtesy of Mr.Vanitas! See? You guys are destroying my island about as much as you're destroying each other, and I'm a real fan of that!"

View attachment 3933

"Believe me when I say getting to these Safezones will be tough. And when I say tough, I mean eye gougingly tough. But the struggles of man make amazing prime time entertainment. You're going to want to put the work into your journey, however, my friends. Because as soon as another Champion steps foot in one of my safezones, the world outside that barrier is going to get wayyy more dangerous. Consider today the race of your lives. Come lunch time, you'll see what I mean..."

@Lakes Team

"Oh man... this... isn't good..." The Batman wheezed, clutching his shattered ribs. "We've barely got enough numbers to stay afloat as it is... I mean... I---" With a great cry, he fell to his knees, clutching his stomach. "Damnit... I think I--Do you hear that?"

@Ice Bridge

After a night spent crossing what remained of the drifting Ice Bridge, Eli and Hnikar found themselves back on dry land, Goro's unconscious body having drifted out of sight. In the end, the Mamba had chosen to spare his prey. He could quite place his finger one why, but over past few hours, he had felt his strength slowly fade, his resolve slowly being sapped by the icy spray and chilling wind. He needed food. He needed rest. He needed... Something.

"Looks like things are going to get more interesting around here Hni--" Eli broke into a throaty coughing fit, before rapidly gasping for air. He greedily gulped down air and desperately composed himself. "Hnikar… We've got to push on to.." He sneezed, wrapping his furs tightly around his chest. "We've the furthest from the safe z-z-zone. If you want to waste time search for S-S-Scott and A-A-Alice, you can do it without me... I-I-I'm heading West..."

@Crow

@Northern Clearing

[HISS]

Before Shazam could fully comprehend the scope of the situation, the jaws of a viper closed in around his ankle, pumping his body with a boiling venom. Even with the Strength of a God, the poison seemed to find its way into his veins, overwhelming his senses. Looking down to the floor would inform Isabeau and Billy that the very grass beneath their feet had began transform into a sea of snakes, which leaped and danced at their feet. In a matter of movements, one snake had become 20. 20 had become 100. 100 became 500. The oldest of the tribe had grown from the size of a single blade of grass to that of a long, winding reed, and continued to grow with each passing second. The two Champions were trapped in the heart of the Sea of Serpents.

@Minerva @Lucky

@Jungle Depths

"That fort... was our old HQ... it was where our old stash was... before he went crazy... must have had a few screws loose to begin with... and something pushed him over the edge. But he always hunted at night... if we hurry... we can get what we need from his place and go before he gets back... find a different safe zone... we're in trouble either way... but we need that safezone… and its supplies... medicine... its the only way we're gonna-- argh!" With a cry, Wally finally passed out, succumbing to his injuries for the time being.

@Jeremi

@Waterfall Cave

After looking all she could from Camp Orange, Jianyu already had a portion of the supplies that Bucky had looted from the first safe zone under her belt. Although most of the medicine had burned before she could reach it, the Doll would have managed to secure a fairly large haul consisting of 2 packets of dried noodles, a day's worth of military rations, a sheathed machete, a pair of binoculars and loaded SMG, with half a clip of ammo attacked. Having been left to melt in a fire for some time prior to her looking, some of her equipment would need a good clean and some slight repairs before they would live up to their full potential.

Though well equipped to hide out for a day or two, the threats of the coming waves of traps would inevitably push Jianyu back onto the defensive. In the distance, she could hear the clapping of hundreds of wings, travelling Southwards towards her cave. From her cave, she could make out an acid cloud drifting North West-- in a couple of hours, its toxins would contaminate the waterfall's waters.

In the blinding radiance of first light, Jianyu would find herself able to make out the silhouette of her 'guardian angel', floating above the rushing water.

View attachment 3934

Stretching out his oversized sleeve, he once again lent his strength to hers, further enhancing her Psycho Power and augmenting her teleportation abilities. For a moment he lingered, his pale eyes staring towards her, perhaps in search of some sign of approval or dismay.

@Yun Lee

By he time the cave had crumbled around them, the Champions inside desperately sprinted in all directions, scattered by the tumbling rubble. A desperate sprint down his chosen passage would eventually leads Vanitas to the surface once again, only for his face to be clawed at by a violent wind. Flickers of snow licked a his cheeks. Leaping from a firepan and into the beating heart of the fire, Vanitas was stranded on the edge of the Frozen Plains, overlooking the Beast's Bay, his passage collapsing behind him.
From his perch, he would be able to make out the vague silhouettes of panicked, distant figures rushing along the Northern Clearing horizon. Opting to hunt these figures would improve his placing on the leader board and his chances of victory by a substantial margin, however, opting to do so would leave him vulnerable to Arcade's coming traps-- heading to the Northern Clearing would waste precious moments he could spent travelling across the Frozen Plains in search of one of the 3 marked safe zones.

@Gummi Bunnies

@Deadlands

As the Unversed and Danger 'settled their differences' and destroyed the dead, towering trees of the Deadlands, a distant sound would prick their ears.

[THWIP] [THWIP] [THWIP]

"Oh thank God!" A familiar voice called. "People! Real people! Oh thank God! I could really do with a nice warm slice of people right now!"

His silhouette lost in the fog, the strange red-blue blur seemed to swing from tree to tree, closing in on the Champions.

"Right now, I don't care if you both want to crush me like a bug! Honestly, I could die for a little company right now!"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 3935
"I shouldn't have to remind you that you are capable of defending yourself, Alice. If you depend on creatures such as the Cyclops, then it appears as if I have overestimated you yet again.." Renfred sighed, wrapping his arms across his torso. "You've been reckless, Alice. I would not have endured all that I have with you had I not anticipated something more."

View attachment 3936

"I must confess that... I don't know. I woke up in this place about a week ago, and it seems as if I've been walking her ever since. Not that I've made much ground; whatever this region is, it seems to defy the laws of reason. I'm haven't been alone, of course. I've seen flickers of people. Half people. They've been walking too, only they seem to vanish as swiftly as I can greet them. As a matter of a fact, I doubted my eyes the moment I first saw you in the flesh..."

View attachment 3938

Even with his back turned to her, Alice could see Renfred's body language visibly shift. His shoulders tensed up to an even greater extent than they had been before. His eyelids flickered open.

"I'm sorry, Alice... I thought you knew... You don't have a team left to regroup with... Scott Summers is dead. I passed his body on my way to you. If the mutant meant something to you, I am sorry. And Eli and Hnikar... Arcade projected the footage across the sky... they abandoned you. Even now, the Mamba heads inland, sucumbing to his sickness. Alice... I am sorry... but there is no longer a 'Red Team'... You and I are alone here, and no-one is coming to save us..."

"Forget my questions. I've been pushing you too far. For now, it falls to us to save ourselves... in spite of your recent failures, I find myself in need of a bodyguard once again..."

@Takumi
Red Team
Katherine 'Kate' Bishop/ Hawkeye @Atomic Knight [/STATUS: DECEASED: ELECTROCUTED BY BILLY BATSON/SHAZAM]
Hnikar @Crow
Eli/Liquid Snake

Blue Team
Maeve @Hahli Nuva
Max Griffin @York

Green Team
Isabeau @Minerva
Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies
Psycho Mantis

Yellow Team
Nezumi @Takumi
Jaime Reyes @Crow

Pink Team
Kara/ Supergirl @York
Jianyu @Yun Lee

Orange Team
Bucky Barnes/ Winter Soldier [/STATUS: DECEASED: BURNED ALIVE BY JIANYU][/KILLS: 1]
Connor Kent/ Superboy

White Team
Jak/Mar @dark
Goro Akechi @Alex Azure

Purple Team
Ratchet @dark
Haru Okumura @Alex Azure
Amadeus Cho

tumblr_inline_pdbre8ZZaa1sfrtcl_100.png

"?!"

No. That crazy bastard didn't just-

"That fucker didn't really-?!" Nezumi snarled, the hairs on the nape his neck on end as he practically bristled while getting to his feet before he glanced down at Terry.

tumblr_inline_pdbrf5m50H1sfrtcl_100.png

"Do you think you can move at all? I'll carry you if I have to, but-" for a split second he cringed just slightly.

"I'm sick of bees damnit." He muttered to himself.

@Sark @York @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lake Team

Alice flinched at Renfred's continued mention of her fialures. Luckily he couldn't see it, but she intended to make up for thise failures after this even if it killed her. Er, well, if she died here then Renfred would be stuck so that wouldn't be good. Just thinking of what'd happen to Renfred at all if she died twisted knots in her stomach so she stopped thinking about that quickly.

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o4_100.jpg

"Wait....Scott's dead? How??? When...?" She blinked, surprised because how the hell-

The whole 'Hnikar and Eli abandoned you' thing wasn't as shocking as that sudden info bomb-they were already seperated and she technically abandoned them first, even if it was unintentional. She just hoped that at least Hnikar would be okay if Eli didn't...

Taking a deep breath to focus on the here and now, she nodded at Renfred's admittance of needing her as his bodyguard again and was quickly on the alert for any and all potential threats nearby.

"We'll have to find food, water and shelter at some point, for now we'll have to stick like glue." She spoke up as she checked to make sure her gun had bullets and was at least fireable. She didn't want to be separated from him, and so far no other contestants were in the immediate area. No living ones, anyway...

Stopping that train of thought and pushed it as far back into her mind as possible before it dampened her mood greatly, she took another look at the seemingly deserted town around them for anything potentially useful.

@Sark

Last edited:
Morning finally came, and with it, a whole lot of other baggage. Jianyu had actually slept fairly well (thanks in large part to how utterly exhausted she was), but now it was time to deal with a LOT. Okay, let's get this over with...

1. She could use Psycho Power. Okay. Duh. She'd been stuck with it since after Shadaloo, no surprises there. In fact, she could use it a lot better than she expected! Here she thought she'd only be angry and get power boosts, but yesterday? She had actually been pretty cool. No wonder Bison used this so much... Though she wouldn't be surprised if Arcade's little murder island helped with her abilities for ratings. Who even knew at this point. All that mattered was getting through to the last day.

2. She had killed someone. Okay yeah, sure, she killed a lot of people under Bison, but that was because she was brainwashed and stuff. It was more like being a murder weapon than the actual murderer. Bucky though? Yeah she definitely murdered him hard. But! In her defense, he killed her sister and didn't regret it so...it was okay. She still had the rest of those Orange cockroaches to deal with, which brings us to...

3. She had a plan. At the time, the stuff she monologued to Bucky was pretty much just her being angry. But thinking about it...Arcade was going to have people kill each other, no matter what, right? And you could try your best to stay peaceful and nice, but at the end if the day you had Buckys and Wallys who would kill you the first chance they had. So, Jianyu decided: you try and kill her or someone just trying to stay peaceful? You're on her list. That way, she could keep them from killing others, thereby having the biggest team possible to take Arcade down. She'd decided right after he killed Ben he wasn't getting out of this scot-free, but now she had a plan to take him down, herself.

4. All that Arcade said. God, he was the worst. She really had wanted to go back to sleep as he spoke because she just knew he'd talk about her, and boy did it suck. Not just because it was Arcade, but the moment he talked about Xiayu, it got her mad. Already her aura started flaring up again, only helped by...

5. Xiayu was still dead. Jianyu could kill a thousand people, but it wouldn't bring Xiayu back. Her big sister was still dead, and she was still alone. Well...not really, but losing Xiayu so soon really did make her kind of snap. But it was okay. She was only going after those who deserved it...which meant the Oranges and that other guy at the river, the one who attacked Kara. But unfortunately, there was something that got in the way of all that...

6. Murderworld was now the enemy. Just looking outside, everything was a mess. What, was four people dying not enough for Arcade? Jeez! It also meant this camp wasn't gonna last, either, so she'd need to get a move on. Now, as much as going to Camp Angel sounded tempting, she had the feeling it would be more work than it was worth right now. This was a good time to deal with as few people as possible and focus on surviving. Plus, if it was his teammate, that meant Wally would probably get there first...and it was probably best she not see him right now. Ergo, she would ignore her vendetta and go to the Flooded Plains safezone. Besides, she had only to deal with her own fire, yeah? Who better to handle it than the one who started it?

Though looking up, she gasped, seeing a familiar, uh...mask. He had come back to her again, giving her increased power for a second time. In spite of the anger within her, Jianyu smiled at him. "Boy, am I glad to see you! We can go to the Flooded Plains together and let everyone else duke it out for once. Let me tell you, after yesterday? I need a break from murder. Though I guess getting to a safezone first does make it more likely people will die, huh?" Oh well. Not like she could save everyone.

As she got to work fixing up her new toys, Jianyu still talked to him. "Thank you for yesterday, by the way. Today too, really. I'd probably be a lot worse off without you. Though we gotta be careful now...I have no idea what Arcade is planning all over the island." She looked up at her companion. "What do you say? You wanna join me? I gotta admit...it's nice not being alone."

@Sark

Billy Batson/ Shazam

There was something about the way the sky told him what he did that made the whole situation work. He already knew that he had killed two people and by accident at that. And now he was on the top of the leaderboard. Of fucking course.

It wasn't possible that things could get worse, but then he heard what Arcade said and he knew that he was dead wrong. Their captive had decided that he wanted to make the game more fun for him and make safe zone. He knew that he didn't want to know what he meant by saying that things were about to get much worse by lunch, but he knew that he didn't like it.

Of course, when he thought that the worse thing, he would felt a viper pump poison into his veins and that was it. Everybody had a tipping point and this was Billy Batson's. Arcade was dead if he got to him. But first he had to make sure he got out of here alive and that required not being Billy Batson. The sadness and grief from yesterday had turned into anger. Righteous fury was all that left. It turned out that when he wanted too, he could have the anger of Zeus as well. " Shazam." There was something off out of this version of the hero and it was immediately obvious. Instead of the normal eyes, his eyes were glowing a blue that made it impossible to see his eyes.

View attachment 3948

This version seemed less human..... and it hadn't remembered Isabeau was there, arching lighning off his body to elecorute all of the snakes, letting the blue lightning bounce off his body. It also was not controlled and was bouncing and arching as far as possible, Billy arching something near the water and towards the edge of the frozen plains.

@Minerva @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry looked around the area and saw that the unversed was good at its job of destroying the trees. Maybe Henry would want to recruit it for the rest of the time.

" Wow, there is someone else here. That's a good thing, though I'm not sure if here is a great place to be... other than a sort of deadlands."

Henry would gesture for the unversed to stop in its track so that whoever was lost in the fog could catch up with the rest of them.

"
Hey, I'm actually rather peaceful actually. You sound kind of familiar... but I can't quite place who was here too," he said.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

"?!"

No. That crazy bastard didn't just-

"That fucker didn't really-?!" Nezumi snarled, the hairs on the nape his neck on end as he practically bristled while getting to his feet before he glanced down at Terry.

"Do you think you can move at all? I'll carry you if I have to, but-" for a split second he cringed just slightly.

"I'm sick of bees damnit." He muttered to himself.
By the time Terry was on his feet, the distant hum of wings had erupted into a mighty roar. It was loud. Too loud to think.

[BUZZZZZZ] [BUUZZZZZ]

[CRACK]

Terry slapped his arm. Nectar oozed down his skin.

"What the..."

He peeled his hand back. The twitching corps of a large insect sat in the palm of his hand. It was some sort of bee. No. It was a wasp...
View attachment 4021
The sky erupted. Beams of color poured down. Yellow. Red. Black.

Before the champions could comprehend the situation, they were being swarmed by insects. Their winds began to blot out the sun, drowning in clearing with a honeyed glow.

Terry crushed the remnants of the bug in his hand, putting it out of its misery. Before he could wipe his hands clean, an other wasp struck his cheek. Then another. Then another. Within moments, he more wasp than man. Terry McGinnis was a walking hive.

He released a muffled cry. He didn't dare to open his mouth as he clawed at the bugs. In a panic, he Nezumi away from him and fell to the floor. Rolling. Trashing. Doing whatever he could to free himself from the swarm. The more he swatted, the more wasps joined the horde.

The champions could barely see a hand in front of them through all the bees.

@Takumi @York @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lake Team
Though looking up, she gasped, seeing a familiar, uh...mask. He had come back to her again, giving her increased power for a second time. In spite of the anger within her, Jianyu smiled at him. "Boy, am I glad to see you! We can go to the Flooded Plains together and let everyone else duke it out for once. Let me tell you, after yesterday? I need a break from murder. Though I guess getting to a safezone first does make it more likely people will die, huh?" Oh well. Not like she could save everyone.

As she got to work fixing up her new toys, Jianyu still talked to him. "Thank you for yesterday, by the way. Today too, really. I'd probably be a lot worse off without you. Though we gotta be careful now...I have no idea what Arcade is planning all over the island." She looked up at her companion. "What do you say? You wanna join me? I gotta admit...it's nice not being alone."

@Sark
View attachment 4022
"..."
Psycho Mantis simply nodded in response to Jianyu's words. It was the greatest response he could give. But on some empathetic level, she knew what he meant.

I'll stay with you. I don't want to be alone.

With a touch of his coat, Jianyu's world melted away. The gave dissolved into smoke. The sky turned to steam. The hum of distant insects and the hushed screams began to fade.

For a moment, there was nothing.

Then, there was everything.

The metronome beat of lapping waves. The warmth of morning. The call of gulls.

Jianyu had been transported to:

@The Flooded Plains
View attachment 4023

If the ever present specter of death hadn't been there to taint the view, the Flooded Plains might have looked like the more serine spots on battleworld. The skies were clear. The Great Ranges provided a barrier to protect it from the chaos that was slowly consuming the rest of the island. With hot sand and cool, lapping waves, it was like a scene out of a post card.

Unlike the other seas that swarmed Murderworld, the Flooded Plains were strangely shallow. Now matter how far out to 'sea' she could see, the water levels never seemed to rise above knee height. The waters were strangely clear, too. Even from the shore, she could make out small families of crustacean and tiny fish darting this way and that.

A couple of meters out to sea sat a 4 metal tubes. On top of each as a single Red Button and a small sign.

The first read:

I knew you would get here first. Press here for something magical.

The second read:

Or maybe you'd like to press here? This one ort to make your friends sick with envy.

The third read:
Looking for weapons? This is the button for you! Press here for an explosive reward.

The forth and final read:
Still hungry for something more? Press here for the meal of a lifetime.

@Flooded Plains @Yun Lee
Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry looked around the area and saw that the unversed was good at its job of destroying the trees. Maybe Henry would want to recruit it for the rest of the time.

" Wow, there is someone else here. That's a good thing, though I'm not sure if here is a great place to be... other than a sort of deadlands."

Henry would gesture for the unversed to stop in its track so that whoever was lost in the fog could catch up with the rest of them.

"
Hey, I'm actually rather peaceful actually. You so nd kind of familiar... but I can't quite place who was here too," he said.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies
"You remember me? Oh thank god... someone remembers me..." The voice groaned. With every passing second, the figure's silhouette grew sharper and sharper. His voice grew clearer. "I think... I don't know how long I've been here.... I think my name is... or was... Reilly? Ben Reilly? Its familiar... its familiar... but all I'm certain of..."
View attachment 4024
"Is that I'm hungry!!" The creature snarled, leaping down from the trees, bedraggled and deranged. "Please... I'm so... so hungry!!!!"

With a beastly raw, the Scarlet Spider began to sprint forward at a startling speed.

"Please!!! Just one bite!! Please!!"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
Billy Batson/ Shazam

There was something about the way the sky told him what he did that made the whole situation work. He already knew that he had killed two people and by accident at that. And now he was on the top of the leaderboard. Of fucking course.

It wasn't possible that things could get worse, but then he heard what Arcade said and he knew that he was dead wrong. Their captive had decided that he wanted to make the game more fun for him and make safe zone. He knew that he didn't want to know what he meant by saying that things were about to get much worse by lunch, but he knew that he didn't like it.

Of course, when he thought that the worse thing, he would felt a viper pump poison into his veins and that was it. Everybody had a tipping point and this was Billy Batson's. Arcade was dead if he got to him. But first he had to make sure he got out of here alive and that required not being Billy Batson. The sadness and grief from yesterday had turned into anger. Righteous fury was all that left. It turned out that when he wanted too, he could have the anger of Zeus as well. " Shazam." There was something off out of this version of the hero and it was immediately obvious. Instead of the normal eyes, his eyes were glowing a blue that made it impossible to see his eyes.
As the Lighting of the Great Wizard struck Billy's body, he didn't feel that familiar strength surging through his veins. He didn't feel fast, or strong, so wise. He only burned. In a flash, Isabeau and Billy Batson were sent flying, and electric blast throwing their bodies like ragdolls. The poisons that now swarmed his system had severed him from Shazam's might. As soon as the light and the lips of fire cleared, Billy would realize that we was still a perfectly mortal- if not slightly scorched- teenage boy.

The blast of lighting had brought the pair sometime. Just as the pair had been, the snakes had been either scattered or incinerated by the light of the gods. But just as quickly as they had vanished, they had began to return. The writhed up from the dirt like weeds, reading to take the places of their fallen brothers. The zone itself had turned against them, and Billy was trapped between a cliff and a hard place.

@Lucky @Minerva
Alice flinched at Renfred's continued mention of her fialures. Luckily he couldn't see it, but she intended to make up for thise failures after this even if it killed her. Er, well, if she died here then Renfred would be stuck so that wouldn't be good. Just thinking of what'd happen to Renfred at all if she died twisted knots in her stomach so she stopped thinking about that quickly.

"Wait....Scott's dead? How??? When...?" She blinked, surprised because how the hell-

The whole 'Hnikar and Eli abandoned you' thing wasn't as shocking as that sudden info bomb-they were already seperated and she technically abandoned them first, even if it was unintentional. She just hoped that at least Hnikar would be okay if Eli didn't...

Taking a deep breath to focus on the here and now, she nodded at Renfred's admittance of needing her as his bodyguard again and was quickly on the alert for any and all potential threats nearby.

"We'll have to find food, water and shelter at some point, for now we'll have to stick like glue." She spoke up as she checked to make sure her gun had bullets and was at least fireable. She didn't want to be separated from him, and so far no other contestants were in the immediate area. No living ones, anyway...

Stopping that train of thought and pushed it as far back into her mind as possible before it dampened her mood greatly, she took another look at the seemingly deserted town around them for anything potentially useful.

@Sark
"There she is. There's the Alice I know" Renfred nodded, the corners of his cheeks turning into a small smile. Walking the city was a timeless task. Every minute seemed to drift on for a year and second all at the same time. The pair drifted from tired to refreshed to exhausted to something in between. Empty buildings seemed to blend together. Nothing in the first building. Nothing in the second. Nothing in the third. Or the forth. For a moment they lost sight of each other. Renfred vanished into the fog for a cold second or two. He cried out as if he had lost her all over again.
View attachment 4025
"Alice!" He called, his voice creaking like old wood. With wounds were open again, a crimson waterfall crawling across his cheeks again. "Alice, we're not alone. There's something here. There's--"

A howl echoed across the Deadlands. A figure emerged at in the doorway of the final building, trapping them in the shattered facade of an old record shop. It was grey. Formless. It seemed to mix and merge with the wind and sky. It's face carried now features, but Alice felt it's gaze burn into her all the same.
View attachment 4027
It was a Half Man. A phantom, 'living' little more than half a life. It raised an appendage to its head and howled like a whistling wind. Alice felt a wave of pain rush over her like nothing she had ever felt before. It was hot and cold. Sharp and blunt. Renfred reached towards her with a bloodied hand, his face now crimson with the blood of his open scars.
View attachment 4029
"Shoot it! Shoot it!" He ordered, his eyes wide with frustration and fear. "You stupid girl! Shoot it!"

@Takumi

Last edited:
By the time Terry was on his feet, the distant hum of wings had erupted into a mighty roar. It was loud. Too loud to think.

[BUZZZZZZ] [BUUZZZZZ]

[CRACK]

Terry slapped his arm. Nectar oozed down his skin.

"What the..."

He peeled his hand back. The twitching corps of a large insect sat in the palm of his hand. It was some sort of bee. No. It was a wasp...
View attachment 4021
The sky erupted. Beams of color poured down. Yellow. Red. Black.

Before the champions could comprehend the situation, they were being swarmed by insects. Their winds began to blot out the sun, drowning in clearing with a honeyed glow.

Terry crushed the remnants of the bug in his hand, putting it out of its misery. Before he could wipe his hands clean, an other wasp struck his cheek. Then another. Then another. Within moments, he more wasp than man. Terry McGinnis was a walking hive.

He released a muffled cry. He didn't dare to open his mouth as he clawed at the bugs. In a panic, he Nezumi away from him and fell to the floor. Rolling. Trashing. Doing whatever he could to free himself from the swarm. The more he swatted, the more wasps joined the horde.

The champions could barely see a hand in front of them through all the bees.

@Takumi @York @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lake Team

View attachment 4022
"..."
Psycho Mantis simply nodded in response to Jianyu's words. It was the greatest response he could give. But on some empathetic level, she knew what he meant.

I'll stay with you. I don't want to be alone.

With a touch of his coat, Jianyu's world melted away. The gave dissolved into smoke. The sky turned to steam. The hum of distant insects and the hushed screams began to fade.

For a moment, there was nothing.

Then, there was everything.

The metronome beat of lapping waves. The warmth of morning. The call of gulls.

Jianyu had been transported to:

@The Flooded Plains
View attachment 4023

If the ever present specter of death hadn't been there to taint the view, the Flooded Plains might have looked like the more serine spots on battleworld. The skies were clear. The Great Ranges provided a barrier to protect it from the chaos that was slowly consuming the rest of the island. With hot sand and cool, lapping waves, it was like a scene out of a post card.

Unlike the other seas that swarmed Murderworld, the Flooded Plains were strangely shallow. Now matter how far out to 'sea' she could see, the water levels never seemed to rise above knee height. The waters were strangely clear, too. Even from the shore, she could make out small families of crustacean and tiny fish darting this way and that.

A couple of meters out to sea sat a 6 metal tubes. On top of each as a single Red Button and a small sign.

The first read:

I knew you would get here first. Press here for something magical.

The second read:

Or maybe you'd like to press here? This one ort to make your friends sick with envy.

The third read:
Looking for weapons? This is the button for you! Press here for an explosive reward.

The forth and final read:
Still hungry for something more? Press here for the meal of a lifetime.

@Flooded Plains @Yun Lee

"You remember me? Oh thank god... someone remembers me..." The voice groaned. With every passing second, the figure's silhouette grew sharper and sharper. His voice grew clearer. "I think... I don't know how long I've been here.... I think my name is... or was... Reilly? Ben Reilly? Its familiar... its familiar... but all I'm certain of..."
View attachment 4024
"Is that I'm hungry!!" The creature snarled, leaping down from the trees, bedraggled and deranged. "Please... I'm so... so hungry!!!!"

With a beastly raw, the Scarlet Spider began to sprint forward at a startling speed.

"Please!!! Just one bite!! Please!!"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

As the Lighting of the Great Wizard struck Billy's body, he didn't feel that familiar strength surging through his veins. He didn't feel fast, or strong, so wise. He only burned. In a flash, Isabeau and Billy Batson were sent flying, and electric blast throwing their bodies like ragdolls. The poisons that now swarmed his system had severed him from Shazam's might. As soon as the light and the lips of fire cleared, Billy would realize that we was still a perfectly mortal- if not slightly scorched- teenage boy.

The blast of lighting had brought the pair sometime. Just as the pair had been, the snakes had been either scattered or incinerated by the light of the gods. But just as quickly as they had vanished, they had began to return. The writhed up from the dirt like weeds, reading to take the places of their fallen brothers. The zone itself had turned against them, and Billy was trapped between a cliff and a hard place.

@Lucky @Minerva

"There she is. There's the Alice I know" Renfred nodded, the corners of his cheeks turning into a small smile. Walking the city was a timeless task. Every minute seemed to drift on for a year and second all at the same time. The pair drifted from tired to refreshed to exhausted to something in between. Empty buildings seemed to blend together. Nothing in the first building. Nothing in the second. Nothing in the third. Or the forth. For a moment they lost sight of each other. Renfred vanished into the fog for a cold second or two. He cried out as if he had lost her all over again.
View attachment 4025
"Alice!" He called, his voice creaking like old wood. With wounds were open again, a crimson waterfall crawling across his cheeks again. "Alice, we're not alone. There's something here. There's--"

A howl echoed across the Deadlands. A figure emerged at in the doorway of the final building, trapping them in the shattered facade of an old record shop. It was grey. Formless. It seemed to mix and merge with the wind and sky. It's face carried now features, but Alice felt it's gaze burn into her all the same.
View attachment 4027
It was a Half Man. A phantom, 'living' little more than half a life. It raised an appendage to its head and howled like a whistling wind. Alice felt a wave of pain rush over her like nothing she had ever felt before. It was hot and cold. Sharp and blunt. Renfred reached towards her with a bloodied hand, his face now crimson with the blood of his open scars.
View attachment 4029
"Shoot it! Shoot it!" He ordered, his eyes wide with frustration and fear. "You stupid girl! Shoot it!"

@Takumi

tumblr_oucao8ZYMa1vy2tgqo4_250.jpg

"!!" Nezumi caught sight of the wasp in Terry's hand and quickly put distance between them after being shoved. He didn't know how Arcade got ahold of a wasp like that, but he knew that at the moment he and everyone else needed to leave the area immediately from the hair on the nape of his neck standing on end.

It was one thing to deal with one pesky wasp, but a swarm?

"We can't stay, gotta move, now!" He hissed out. Where, not even he was sure exactly at this point. What he was sure of, however, was that he wanted to deck Arcade in his smug face.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @York @Gummi Bunnies @Lake Team

Despite her search yielding no results and her body going through so many emotions at once she kept pushing, occasionally looking to make sure Renfred stayed beside her.

Though with them being separated for only a second, Alice couldn't help the chill that ran down her spine.

"Master! W-" she started, turning and then she came face to face with something forgein. Luckily she quickly found her mentor again in the next moment, else she'd have probably screamed profanity after profanity.

"What the-?!"

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o7_100.jpg

"Guh!" Alice gasped in pain, before gritting her teeth as waves of pain crashed into her body all at once with enough force to nearly bring her to her knees. The fact that whatever it was seemed to frighten Renfred of all people made her uneasy. She quickly swallowed that feeling however.

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o10_100.jpg

'Focus! Don't be weak, Alice! How else will you protect him?'

"Hrgh-got it!" Without any hesitation she lifted her arms despite the pain she felt, gun in hand. She fired twice at the beast.

Bang!

Bang!

'I hope those two were enough for now, if not I'll have to just keep shooting until it's dead.' she thought with a scowl. She didn't let it out of her sight, not for a second.

@Sark

Jianyu felt a warmth within her with just that nod. Alone...to be alone was just about the worst thing she could think of. And without Xiayu, she had feared being alone was all that was left for her. But no...she had someone here. Some just like her, maybe...or even more powerful. But above all else, he wanted to stay with her. And she would do everything in her power to ensure his survival. It was the least she could do, for all he'd already done for her.

And now...now he just blew her away again. Jianyu had just planned to go back to the treehouse, but instead he just got rid of the middle man entirely! The shock was clear on her face, truly marvelling at what her companion had done. "I...how did you..." The surprise on her face soon turned into a huge smile. "I...thank you. God, what did I do to deserve you, huh?"

What did she do indeed. To think, she was here, safe and free from the murderous mainland, with someone who decided to help her out of nowhere. And here, msybe it would be okay to...

But not yet. She looked to him, trying to recall his name from their first day. She grinned, remembering how Arcade had been uncomfortable. Did he know he'd brought his own undoing to this island? Well...he would know soon enough when he breathed his last. "Hey, Tretij...or do you prefer Mantis? I'll call you whatever you want. I can tell you my real name, too. I mean, we're partners now, yeah?" She walked over to the buttons, looking them over. "If those guys from camp are smart, they'll head here. Think we should wait for them before pressing a button or two? I don't wanna risk killing anyone who isn't a threat."

@Sark @FloodedPlains​

Despite her search yielding no results and her body going through so many emotions at once she kept pushing, occasionally looking to make sure Renfred stayed beside her.

Though with them being separated for only a second, Alice couldn't help the chill that ran down her spine.

"Master! W-" she started, turning and then she came face to face with something forgein. Luckily she quickly found her mentor again in the next moment, else she'd have probably screamed profanity after profanity.

"What the-?!"

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o7_100.jpg

"Guh!" Alice gasped in pain, before gritting her teeth as waves of pain crashed into her body all at once with enough force to nearly bring her to her knees. The fact that whatever it was seemed to frighten Renfred of all people made her uneasy. She quickly swallowed that feeling however.

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o10_100.jpg

'Focus! Don't be weak, Alice! How else will you protect him?'

"Hrgh-got it!" Without any hesitation she lifted her arms despite the pain she felt, gun in hand. She fired twice at the beast.

Bang!

Bang!

'I hope those two were enough for now, if not I'll have to just keep shooting until it's dead.' she thought with a scowl. She didn't let it out of her sight, not for a second.

@Sark
Alice's two quick shots struck the creature in its neck and shoulder, sending it recoiling in pain. It clutched its neck and began to stumble forward. It fell to its knees, coughing and crying. The mist of the Deadlands consumed it, engulfing it in a sea of indigo and black. A gust of wind stripped away its veil.
upload_2019-10-13_0-55-14-png.4027

With each passing second it grew more human.
View attachment 4034
With each passing second, it became more 'he' than 'it'.
View attachment 4036
With a scream, the illusion was washed away, pouring like the blood from his neck.
View attachment 4037
After a moment spent twitching and staring blankly at his murderess, Scott Summers slumped face down in the dirt.

"Alice... after everything... why?"

Scott Summers: Status: Eliminated! Shot by Alice Swayne!

"I didn't think you had it in you, Alice," Renfred muttered. He stepped over the body of the fallen X-man, and placed a bloodied hand onto her shoulder. "You've done well. I'm impressed. Surprised, even. No... What word would Dead Daddy Renfred use in a time like this?"A sinister smiles crawled across his lips.
View attachment 4038
"Oh, it doesn't really matter now, does it? I didn't think you'd fall for such a simple illusion at all, really. Then again..."
With a snap of his fingers, Renfred's facade began to fade. His grey coat grew lighter and lighter in color. His hair grew lighter too. His scars began to fade. His smile, once strange and alien, grew more familiar by the second.
View attachment 4040
"I never should have expected so much from a worthless little junkie."

@Takumi

"!!" Nezumi caught sight of the wasp in Terry's hand and quickly put distance between them after being shoved. He didn't know how Arcade got ahold of a wasp like that, but he knew that at the moment he and everyone else needed to leave the area immediately from the hair on the nape of his neck standing on end.

It was one thing to deal with one pesky wasp, but a swarm?

"We can't stay, gotta move, now!" He hissed out. Where, not even he was sure exactly at this point. What he was sure of, however, was that he wanted to deck Arcade in his smug face.

Jianyu felt a warmth within her with just that nod. Alone...to be alone was just about the worst thing she could think of. And without Xiayu, she had feared being alone was all that was left for her. But no...she had someone here. Some just like her, maybe...or even more powerful. But above all else, he wanted to stay with her. And she would do everything in her power to ensure his survival. It was the least she could do, for all he'd already done for her.

And now...now he just blew her away again. Jianyu had just planned to go back to the treehouse, but instead he just got rid of the middle man entirely! The shock was clear on her face, truly marvelling at what her companion had done. "I...how did you..." The surprise on her face soon turned into a huge smile. "I...thank you. God, what did I do to deserve you, huh?"

What did she do indeed. To think, she was here, safe and free from the murderous mainland, with someone who decided to help her out of nowhere. And here, msybe it would be okay to...

But not yet. She looked to him, trying to recall his name from their first day. She grinned, remembering how Arcade had been uncomfortable. Did he know he'd brought his own undoing to this island? Well...he would know soon enough when he breathed his last. "Hey, Tretij...or do you prefer Mantis? I'll call you whatever you want. I can tell you my real name, too. I mean, we're partners now, yeah?" She walked over to the buttons, looking them over. "If those guys from camp are smart, they'll head here. Think we should wait for them before pressing a button or two? I don't wanna risk killing anyone who isn't a threat."

@Sark @FloodedPlains
Tretij simply stared back at Jianyu, tilting his head to the side in response. He wasn't much of a talker. But with a wheeze, he released a string of misty words.

"Tretij. Tretij Rebenok--"

[BEEP]

The buttons began to chime. A small red light began to flash upon the top of the podiums.

[BEEP BEEP]

[BEEP BEEP BEEP]

With every passing moment, the beeps grew more frequent. They were counting down. But what for.

"Time. Proximity. Time. Boom."

Mantis swung his arm towards the podiums, his coat sleeves dancing in the wind. His voice, usually careless and raspy, now echoed with a dash of fear.

"Time to press. Time to press or time to die. Press. Choose. I don't want to die."

@Yun Lee

"Shit!" Jianyu's eyes widened, and she felt herself start to panic. Fuck, which buttons wouldn't kill anyone? Arcade said there'd be food over here, right? Sure, yeah, let's go with food. Jianyu slammed her hand down on the fourth button. Though she was curious about another option, too...if she was able to pick more than one, she would also press the first. Hopefully neither would cause people harm, though. She didn't want to kill anyone who didn't have it coming.

@Sark

View attachment 3939

"Sprinkle it with dew?"

"The Candyman!"

View attachment 3940

"And the CandyMan is ready to get this show on the road!" The Sky screamed. "Don't get me wrong, I've loved your work so far! Incredible! Especially you, Jianyu! I mean, I thought I'd have to do a little more than let your sister day to see you go all Rambo on us, but hey! I'm not complaining! The opposite! You made it into yesterday's highlight reel!"

--

1. Jianyu (21%)

3. Max Griffin (15%)

4. Vanitas (10%)

6. Nezumi (5.5%)

7. Hnikar (5.2%)

8. Alice Swayne (7.6%)

9. Eli/White Mamba (6%)

View attachment 3931

"Oh Shit.."

View attachment 3932

View attachment 3933

@Lakes Team

@Ice Bridge

@Crow

@Northern Clearing

[HISS]

@Minerva @Lucky

@Jungle Depths

@Jeremi

@Waterfall Cave

View attachment 3934

@Yun Lee

@Gummi Bunnies

@Deadlands

[THWIP] [THWIP] [THWIP]

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 3935

View attachment 3936

View attachment 3938

@Takumi
Red Team
Hnikar @Crow
Eli/Liquid Snake

Blue Team
Maeve @Hahli Nuva
Max Griffin @York

Green Team
Isabeau @Minerva
Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies
Psycho Mantis

Yellow Team
Nezumi @Takumi
Jaime Reyes @Crow

Pink Team
Kara/ Supergirl @York
Jianyu @Yun Lee

Orange Team
Connor Kent/ Superboy

White Team
Jak/Mar @dark
Goro Akechi @Alex Azure

Purple Team
Ratchet @dark
Haru Okumura @Alex Azure
Amadeus Cho

Hunted? Laura was no stranger to that. Looking at the now unconscious speedster she realized he wasn't going to survive long with out any medical assistance, and she wasn't going to try and risk using her magic to heal him either.

It was clear the only thing her powers could do her was hurt. With that and Wally over her shoulders she'd try her best to stay quiet and under the radar as she made her way towards where he had pointed out to her.

@Sark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back