Status
Not open for further replies.
❝ ... what a pain. ❞ Vanitas grumbled to himself. Surely he could try his hand at getting the jump on those panicked figures in the distance, taking advantage of their growing panic. However, he himself was at a disadvantage as well. For some reason he couldn't call back the large Unversed he had summoned to chase after Henry, like a communication connection was abruptly severed. As a result, he wasn't at what was considered his peak performance levels in terms of negativity and darkness. Sure, he had a bit of a boost from Mantis, who had... disappeared from the scene. Whatever, this was still doable, it would just take up more time to rest up.

Or maybe...

VSokdFC.png

❝ So if I head over to a safe zone now... that would make things much more dangerous for the others... Yes, that's what I want. Let's do that and make this island a living hell. And all I have to do is step foot into one of those zones... ❞ A cold laugh heartily left his mouth. If he had to power through the cold of the Frozen Plains to get somewhere to cause more havoc, then so be it! All of his training under Master Xehanort taught him well, and this island hasn't exactly worn him down yet.

So he set off to make haste toward one of the safe zones. Arcade mentioned one that was near all the wreckage the keyblade wielder caused in the Drylands. Perfect. That'll be a nice stepping stone, especially prepared by his own hands.

@Sark

The Unversed armor was completely lost. Without direct orders from its creator Vanitas, it was just having difficulty finding reason to follow orders from others, let alone make its own decisions. It only understood vaguely that Henry had to be alive so it can reconnect with Vanitas. With the appearance of another, it was able to see that Ben was coming toward them with the intent to attack. Along with its instinct to fight back, the Unversed understood that it could not let Henry die.

So it did not hesitate in sending it's arm toward Ben for a swift punch.

@Lucky @Sark

wNMzQpk.jpg

❝ ! ❞ Hyakkimaru let out a horrified noise. The sounds of an active wasp swarm was one thing, but seeing the faint green silhouette that was Terry's soul be nearly eclipsed by a terrifying red that represented the numerous soul signatures of those deadly wasps was too much. A mess of emotions flooded his mind. A part of him wanted to help him even if it was all too risky to swing his swords at insects of all things, and a part of him wanted to flee to protect the little body parts he had over prosthetics.

A heavy feeling in his chest, the swordsman managed to clumsily put one of his prosthetic arms back on with his mouth, holding the other prosthetic to keep one sword out. He had to assist the others to leave the area before they were overtaken by the wasps!

Nodding toward Nezumi's voice, he agreed. They need to leave. Darting his head around, Hyakkimaru tried to see if he could detect a spot for them to run that wasn't so covered in the red aura of wasps.

@Takumi @York @Atomic Knight @Sark
@LakeTeam

Alice's two quick shots struck the creature in its neck and shoulder, sending it recoiling in pain. It clutched its neck and began to stumble forward. It fell to its knees, coughing and crying. The mist of the Deadlands consumed it, engulfing it in a sea of indigo and black. A gust of wind stripped away its veil.
upload_2019-10-13_0-55-14-png.4027

With each passing second it grew more human.
View attachment 4034
With each passing second, it became more 'he' than 'it'.
View attachment 4036
With a scream, the illusion was washed away, pouring like the blood from his neck.
View attachment 4037
After a moment spent twitching and staring blankly at his murderess, Scott Summers slumped face down in the dirt.

"Alice... after everything... why?"

Scott Summers: Status: Eliminated! Shot by Alice Swayne!

"I didn't think you had it in you, Alice," Renfred muttered. He stepped over the body of the fallen X-man, and placed a bloodied hand onto her shoulder. "You've done well. I'm impressed. Surprised, even. No... What word would Dead Daddy Renfred use in a time like this?"A sinister smiles crawled across his lips.
View attachment 4038
"Oh, it doesn't really matter now, does it? I didn't think you'd fall for such a simple illusion at all, really. Then again..."
With a snap of his fingers, Renfred's facade began to fade. His grey coat grew lighter and lighter in color. His hair grew lighter too. His scars began to fade. His smile, once strange and alien, grew more familiar by the second.
View attachment 4040
"I never should have expected so much from a worthless little junkie."

@Takumi

Tretij simply stared back at Jianyu, tilting his head to the side in response. He wasn't much of a talker. But with a wheeze, he released a string of misty words.

"Tretij. Tretij Rebenok--"

[BEEP]

The buttons began to chime. A small red light began to flash upon the top of the podiums.

[BEEP BEEP]

[BEEP BEEP BEEP]

With every passing moment, the beeps grew more frequent. They were counting down. But what for.

"Time. Proximity. Time. Boom."

Mantis swung his arm towards the podiums, his coat sleeves dancing in the wind. His voice, usually careless and raspy, now echoed with a dash of fear.

"Time to press. Time to press or time to die. Press. Choose. I don't want to die."

@Yun Lee

51206493873f56a00da3d87d1ec2b17da287b75c.jpg

"I...I..." Alice froze at the sight before her, for a moment not comprehending what happened until Renfred began to speak.

Only, it turned out to be Arcade messing with her the whole time. Tricking her into killing someone who she came close to considering as another mentor figure by using the face of Renfred to do so.

b2f03dc362128d94e30fec735afb6cf10d12da00.jpg

"...What did you just say?" Her voice was quiet, but held weight. Anger, sadness, shock, guilt, grief. A multitude of emotions at once as she turned her head to look at the abomination that wore her mentor's face.

She whirled around, fist swinging towards Arcade's face and whether it connected or not, she reach out for the front of Arcade's suit right after to pull him forward as she moved to slam her forehead into his face, hands shaking in anger.

9f9dad660787d334bde492e262c6ef22ddc9a5d6.jpg

"I've been clean for years, so call me whatever you want, but I'm sick and tired of your shit! Only cowards use illusions, but I guess it doesn't matter what I say to a bastard like you, huh?" She roared, eyes welling up with tears from pain and anger. She wouldn't dare to let them fall, however. Arcade was a liar, there was no way Renfred was dead. There wouldn't be a point in trying so hard if he was. Everything that came out of his mouth was just something to rile her up and get her to do what he wanted. Right?

Her head was starting to hurt, and her body felt so tired.

@Sark

Hunted? Laura was no stranger to that. Looking at the now unconscious speedster she realized he wasn't going to survive long with out any medical assistance, and she wasn't going to try and risk using her magic to heal him either.

It was clear the only thing her powers could do her was hurt. With that and Wally over her shoulders she'd try her best to stay quiet and under the radar as she made her way towards where he had pointed out to her.

@Sark
Fort Angel was a diamond in the rough, shimmering amidst the filth and soot that drifted through the forest air. Its silver walls were comprised of hundreds of tall, thin sheets of razor sharp steel, each perfectly smooth and impossible to climb. A quick scout of the perimeter would reveal a single point of entry; a large, open gate. Bloody letters marked its facade:

Enter all who pray for redemption. Let the light of the Angel guide you.

The gate had been left unlocked. Warren had been expecting company...

@Jeremi
"Shit!" Jianyu's eyes widened, and she felt herself start to panic. Fuck, which buttons wouldn't kill anyone? Arcade said there'd be food over here, right? Sure, yeah, let's go with food. Jianyu slammed her hand down on the fourth button. Though she was curious about another option, too...if she was able to pick more than one, she would also press the first. Hopefully neither would cause people harm, though. She didn't want to kill anyone who didn't have it coming.

@Sark
[CLICK[

The forth button was pressed.

A moment passed. Then another. Nothing happened.

There was no music. There was no-one around to taunt the pair. Just the sound of lapping waves.

As soon as their guards were lowered, the ground began to tremor, almost on queue. The waves began to tremble and quiver. The fish began to scatter and flee. Soon, the white skin of the sea, roosts began to soar. Pale and withered, they began to intertwine, growing thicker by the moment . Leaves sprouted from their winding branches. Glowing, bulbous fruits began the bulge and bubble from its twigs. They were beautiful, more like stars than berries.

With another tremble, a dozen of those golden fruits fell to the earth, their fall slowed by the galloping waves. Gazing into the reflective flesh of the fruits would reveal images sights from all over the island, and the consequences of Jainyu's choice...

@Yun Lee
wNMzQpk.jpg

❝ ! ❞ Hyakkimaru let out a horrified noise. The sounds of an active wasp swarm was one thing, but seeing the faint green silhouette that was Terry's soul be nearly eclipsed by a terrifying red that represented the numerous soul signatures of those deadly wasps was too much. A mess of emotions flooded his mind. A part of him wanted to help him even if it was all too risky to swing his swords at insects of all things, and a part of him wanted to flee to protect the little body parts he had over prosthetics.

A heavy feeling in his chest, the swordsman managed to clumsily put one of his prosthetic arms back on with his mouth, holding the other prosthetic to keep one sword out. He had to assist the others to leave the area before they were overtaken by the wasps!

Nodding toward Nezumi's voice, he agreed. They need to leave. Darting his head around, Hyakkimaru tried to see if he could detect a spot for them to run that wasn't so covered in the red aura of wasps.

@Takumi @York @Atomic Knight @Sark
@LakeTeam
@Lake
The tremors brought on by the sudden growth of the Flooded Plains Tree could be felt across the island. A strange, invisible energy came with them. It made the hair on Hyakkimaru's arms stand on end. However, it had a much more dramatic effect on a handful of the wasps. In the heart of the horde, a handful of wasps began to shriek and howl, their skin bulging and bubbling. They doubled in size in a matter or seconds. Seconds later, they doubled in size once again. Once fully grown, they were the size of dogs. Their mandibles began to swell and stretch out until they dragged upon the earth. With a screech, these Super-Wasps began to charge towards the Champions.

Jianyu had unleashed the Sin of Gluttony upon the island. Now, the Super-Wasps weren't just angry, but hungry too. Very, very hungry.

As the Wasps continued to circle the area, very few areas remained unstained by their red auras. The only area truly untainted by the Wasps' soul signature was the River Bed, the very place the Champions had been struggling to escape not days before hand. The flow of the swarm seemed to be pushing the cliff face, preventing them them from retreating up stream. It seemed that the only way out of the horde was through.

@Takumi @York @Atomic Knight @LakeTeam
❝ ... what a pain. ❞ Vanitas grumbled to himself. Surely he could try his hand at getting the jump on those panicked figures in the distance, taking advantage of their growing panic. However, he himself was at a disadvantage as well. For some reason he couldn't call back the large Unversed he had summoned to chase after Henry, like a communication connection was abruptly severed. As a result, he wasn't at what was considered his peak performance levels in terms of negativity and darkness. Sure, he had a bit of a boost from Mantis, who had... disappeared from the scene. Whatever, this was still doable, it would just take up more time to rest up.

Or maybe...

VSokdFC.png

❝ So if I head over to a safe zone now... that would make things much more dangerous for the others... Yes, that's what I want. Let's do that and make this island a living hell. And all I have to do is step foot into one of those zones... ❞ A cold laugh heartily left his mouth. If he had to power through the cold of the Frozen Plains to get somewhere to cause more havoc, then so be it! All of his training under Master Xehanort taught him well, and this island hasn't exactly worn him down yet.

So he set off to make haste toward one of the safe zones. Arcade mentioned one that was near all the wreckage the keyblade wielder caused in the Drylands. Perfect. That'll be a nice stepping stone, especially prepared by his own hands.
@Drylands
Crossing the Drylands by day would be a trying task on a good day. Pity there were no 'Good Days' on Murderworld. The Sun seemed that little bit hotter as Vanitas made his way across those blazing plains. The air seemed a little drier. The cutting wind seemed to cut that little but deeper. After some time on the road, the Keyblade Wielder would begin to notice the sands at his feet moving against the wind. They turned as if they had a will of their own. They began to form spirals.

They were small, at first. Insignificant. But as the hours melted by, the spirals seemed to grow in size and frequency. They were joining together. Merging. With a crash, the ground at Vanitas' feet seemed to fall away, breaking away into an enormous whirlpool of sand. At its heart, sat a raging beast made from the earth itself. It had a snout of stone and eyes of magma. Its mane was carved from sandstone. Its teeth were stalagmites.

View attachment 4045

Jianyu had unleashed the Sin of Gluttony upon Murderworld. The Dryland was hungry. Very hungry. And Vanitas was about to become its first meal.

@Gummi Bunnies
The Unversed armor was completely lost. Without direct orders from its creator Vanitas, it was just having difficulty finding reason to follow orders from others, let alone make its own decisions. It only understood vaguely that Henry had to be alive so it can reconnect with Vanitas. With the appearance of another, it was able to see that Ben was coming toward them with the intent to attack. Along with its instinct to fight back, the Unversed understood that it could not let Henry die.

So it did not hesitate in sending it's arm toward Ben for a swift punch.
@Deadlands

The Unversed jab struck the Scarlet Spider in his gut, shattering his dusty bones and sending them tumbling into the undergrowth.

"Not the gut!" He cried, clinging onto the Unversed's arm for dear life. "I need that to eat, Dang it!"

Ben Reilly was now more monster than man. He had abandoned the path of pain and joined the living dead. Instinct had over come him. With a beastly snarl, he plunged his jagged teeth into the creatures arm, preparing to chow down on a piece of whatever the creature was made of.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

51206493873f56a00da3d87d1ec2b17da287b75c.jpg

"I...I..." Alice froze at the sight before her, for a moment not comprehending what happened until Renfred began to speak.

Only, it turned out to be Arcade messing with her the whole time. Tricking her into killing someone who she came close to considering as another mentor figure by using the face of Renfred to do so.

b2f03dc362128d94e30fec735afb6cf10d12da00.jpg

"...What did you just say?" Her voice was quiet, but held weight. Anger, sadness, shock, guilt, grief. A multitude of emotions at once as she turned her head to look at the abomination that wore her mentor's face.

She whirled around, fist swinging towards Arcade's face and whether it connected or not, she reach out for the front of Arcade's suit right after to pull him forward as she moved to slam her forehead into his face, hands shaking in anger.

9f9dad660787d334bde492e262c6ef22ddc9a5d6.jpg

"I've been clean for years, so call me whatever you want, but I'm sick and tired of your shit! Only cowards use illusions, but I guess it doesn't matter what I say to a bastard like you, huh?" She roared, eyes welling up with tears from pain and anger. She wouldn't dare to let them fall, however. Arcade was a liar, there was no way Renfred was dead. There wouldn't be a point in trying so hard if he was. Everything that came out of his mouth was just something to rile her up and get her to do what he wanted. Right?

Her head was starting to hurt, and her body felt so tired.

@Sark
@Deadlands
View attachment 4044
"Oh, you're sick alright," Arcade smiled as Alice's fist passed straight through his face. It would have been just as easily to avoid her follow up attack, but he decided to give Alice a small victory. Besides. He wanted to be near her. "We're all sick, dear. We're all animals. Now, you can tell yourself that you're different. You can tell yourself that you're better than that bear you killed the other day, but what good would it do? She was just protecting her young. But you? You killed Scott Summers in cold blood because I told you so. And I think part of you loved it. I think part of you couldn't wait to see the look on Renfred's face when you pulled the trigger."

Arcade's eyes began to glow with the light of star. In a flash, he was hold Alice's head in his hands, pressing her head to his shoulder and his lips to her ear. He started to whisper, his words tunneling straight down to her spirit.

"And the best part of all... is if he asked you shoot Scott between in the eyes, illusion or no illusion, you would have done it anyway. And you would have loved it all the same. Because no matter how clean you think you are, Alice, you're always going to be a junkie. He became your drug. You can blame me all you want. Call me a bastard and a monster." He laughed a sick laugh. The kind you don't forget over night. A haunting laugh. "But next time you think of Cyclops, I want you to think about how it felt to kill that 'Half Person'. How it felt knowing you were going to get a nice crisp pat on the back from dear Renfred. I want you to strip away the white lies and excuses. I want you to realize that you are sick. You are an animal. You are a junkie. I want you to stop fighting your nature and be the Monster that Renfred raised you to be."

@Takumi

Fort Angel was a diamond in the rough, shimmering amidst the filth and soot that drifted through the forest air. Its silver walls were comprised of hundreds of tall, thin sheets of razor sharp steel, each perfectly smooth and impossible to climb. A quick scout of the perimeter would reveal a single point of entry; a large, open gate. Bloody letters marked its facade:

@Jeremi

[CLICK[

There was no music. There was no-one around to taunt the pair. Just the sound of lapping waves.

As soon as their guards were lowered, the ground began to tremor, almost on queue. The waves began to tremble and quiver. The fish began to scatter and flee. Soon, the white skin of the sea, roosts began to soar. Pale and withered, they began to intertwine, growing thicker by the moment . Leaves sprouted from their winding branches. Glowing, bulbous fruits began the bulge and bubble from its twigs. They were beautiful, more like stars than berries.

With another tremble, a dozen of those golden fruits fell to the earth, their fall slowed by the galloping waves. Gazing into the reflective flesh of the fruits would reveal images sights from all over the island, and the consequences of Jainyu's choice...

@Yun Lee

@Lake
The tremors brought on by the sudden growth of the Flooded Plains Tree could be felt across the island. A strange, invisible energy came with them. It made the hair on Hyakkimaru's arms stand on end. However, it had a much more dramatic effect on a handful of the wasps. In the heart of the horde, a handful of wasps began to shriek and howl, their skin bulging and bubbling. They doubled in size in a matter or seconds. Seconds later, they doubled in size once again. Once fully grown, they were the size of dogs. Their mandibles began to swell and stretch out until they dragged upon the earth. With a screech, these Super-Wasps began to charge towards the Champions.

Jianyu had unleashed the Sin of Gluttony upon the island. Now, the Super-Wasps weren't just angry, but hungry too. Very, very hungry.

As the Wasps continued to circle the area, very few areas remained unstained by their red auras. The only area truly untainted by the Wasps' soul signature was the River Bed, the very place the Champions had been struggling to escape not days before hand. The flow of the swarm seemed to be pushing the cliff face, preventing them them from retreating up stream. It seemed that the only way out of the horde was through.

@Drylands
Crossing the Drylands by day would be a trying task on a good day. Pity there were no 'Good Days' on Murderworld. The Sun seemed that little bit hotter as Vanitas made his way across those blazing plains. The air seemed a little drier. The cutting wind seemed to cut that little but deeper. After some time on the road, the Keyblade Wielder would begin to notice the sands at his feet moving against the wind. They turned as if they had a will of their own. They began to form spirals.

They were small, at first. Insignificant. But as the hours melted by, the spirals seemed to grow in size and frequency. They were joining together. Merging. With a crash, the ground at Vanitas' feet seemed to fall away, breaking away into an enormous whirlpool of sand. At its heart, sat a raging beast made from the earth itself. It had a snout of stone and eyes of magma. Its mane was carved from sandstone. Its teeth were stalagmites.

View attachment 4045

Jianyu had unleashed the Sin of Gluttony upon Murderworld. The Dryland was hungry. Very hungry. And Vanitas was about to become its first meal.

@Gummi Bunnies

@Deadlands

The Unversed jab struck the Scarlet Spider in his gut, shattering his dusty bones and sending them tumbling into the undergrowth.

"Not the gut!" He cried, clinging onto the Unversed's arm for dear life. "I need that to eat, Dang it!"

Ben Reilly was now more monster than man. He had abandoned the path of pain and joined the living dead. Instinct had over come him. With a beastly snarl, he plunged his jagged teeth into the creatures arm, preparing to chow down on a piece of whatever the creature was made of.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

@Deadlands
View attachment 4044
"Oh, you're sick alright," Arcade smiled as Alice's fist passed straight through his face. It would have been just as easily to avoid her follow up attack, but he decided to give Alice a small victory. Besides. He wanted to be near her. "We're all sick, dear. We're all animals. Now, you can tell yourself that you're different. You can tell yourself that you're better than that bear you killed the other day, but what good would it do? She was just protecting her young. But you? You killed Scott Summers in cold blood because I told you so. And I think part of you loved it. I think part of you couldn't wait to see the look on Renfred's face when you pulled the trigger."

Arcade's eyes began to glow with the light of star. In a flash, he was hold Alice's head in his hands, pressing her head to his shoulder and his lips to her ear. He started to whisper, his words tunneling straight down to her spirit.

"And the best part of all... is if he asked you shoot Scott between in the eyes, illusion or no illusion, you would have done it anyway. And you would have loved it all the same. Because no matter how clean you think you are, Alice, you're always going to be a junkie. He became your drug. You can blame me all you want. Call me a bastard and a monster." He laughed a sick laugh. The kind you don't forget over night. A haunting laugh. "But next time you think of Cyclops, I want you to think about how it felt to kill that 'Half Person'. How it felt knowing you were going to get a nice crisp pat on the back from dear Renfred. I want you to strip away the white lies and excuses. I want you to realize that you are sick. You are an animal. You are a junkie. I want you to stop fighting your nature and be the Monster that Renfred raised you to be."

@Takumi

It seemed like everything was going to shit faster than before by the passing minute with the wasps growing in size in a rather grotesque display.

tumblr_penzfv3ZVe1thaqlqo9_250.png

"That's just great." He huffed. Who knew Nezumi would suddenly feel pissed off? Taking a moment to clear his head and think calmly, or as calmly as one could in this situation, Nezumi would try to carefully try to find a way to avoid the giant wasps and make it to the riverbed.

@Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Atomic Knight @York

cfabc7b4282002d5ae33be74c495834117621c2a.jpg

"!!" Alice tensed when Arcade grabbed her face, trying to jerk away almost instantly only to have her head resting on his shoulder. She remained tense the whole time he spoke, her hands continuing to shake in her raging emotions.

593b3edd977b865094071f8cc143671ba489d38e.jpg

"What, you want me to tell you what you want to hear to satisfy your ego?" She scoffed softly. She felt uncomfortable, being held the way she was and it pissed her off.

"You just want me to play your game in the end, no matter what underhanded tricks are up your sleeves, for your entertainment." She continued, weighing her options on what to do next.

"As a guardian tough choices have to be made, the same applies to survival. That bear was protecting her young sure, but I was protecting Eli and the others in turn by helping them bring down the bear. At the time that..."Half Man" was a threat, so I was protecting my own. At least, I thought I was, until it turned out to be one of your damn mind games and it was really Scott I shot." She spoke almost bitterly, gun held in a white knuckle grip. She didn't see herself as the smartest person, she didn't consider herself pure or a goodie two shoes like some of the other contestants seemed to be, either.

"I act more than I think, and I'm not better than anyone else, I'll admit that much. You? You're a rat bastard no matter how you look at it, and you'll admit it and continue to do shit like this, throwing a bunch of kids and adults into a ring and telling them to rip each other's throats out." She muttered. He could dig at her all he wanted, she did that enough to herself on occasion anyway.

@Sark

Last edited:
Jianyu refused to lower her guard right now, hand on the hilt of her new machete. Just in case Arcade decided to pull something funny even from within the safe zone. But all that happened was an earthquake and...fruits? They were so pretty...they kind of reminded her of that fruit they ate on their first day. Upon remembering that food, Jianyu clutched her stomach, wincing as it churned. Fuck, that was right. She hadn't really had anything to eat yesterday, huh? Well, time to change that.

"Make sure to eat too, yeah?" She said to Tretij as she plucked up the closest fruit to her (she wasn't exactly eager to wade into the water just yet). There was something going on in the reflection of it...but meh. Probably another of Arcade's mind tricks. He just loved to get under anyone's skin, huh? So, ignoring the reflecting fruit, Jianyu took a bite out of it. Hopefully it tasted as good as it looked...

@Sark

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

"
Well, it kinds of hard to forgot the first person that you watch die in front of you, it's a rare sight," he replied, wondering how long he had been there and when he could escape. He had a feeling that it didn't matter though. He was certain of one thing though, he wasn't scared. He just felt a little sad to know that Ben couldn't remember who he was.

There was no reaction from Henry, not finding anything of this to be terrifying. Maybe it was because he knew he could move fast enough or maybe it was because he knew that the monster wouldn't be long for this world, even in a place like this. " I'm sorry, but there is no snacking for you," he replied, not missing a beat, wondering if the Unversed would protect him.

He looked over at the armor and wondered how it would react to its task now that it's master was gone. He knew for a fact that the other man had been using the creature to kill him. Of course, as long as the unversed brought him back, he would be fine, but then again, he saw that it cared enough to understand that his life meant something. He doubted Vanitas would be happy to get the corpse and not the final blow and it seemed that the Unversed understood that he did need to be alive.

Henry watched as it went send a swift punch into Ben and he wondered if it got hurt.

He stared as the Unversed would send his bones scattering into the undergrowth and he took a moment to consider what could be done.

Henry noticed that the creature was more concerned about the fact he couldn't eat than the lost bones.

There wasn't a man left who needed to be saved. As much as the choice hurt to make, Henry moved his laser phase over to kill and would take a moment. " I'm sorry you lost your humanity." He would aim for Ben's head and didn't hesitate as he pulled the trigger to protected the unversed.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Billy Batson

Billy didn't know what it felt like to be struck by lightning, but it didn't matter to him. It never did. He just knew that after it would strike him, he would feel better, like he was happier. He was happier, lighter and free. He would put all of his pain behind her and he would wear the mask of the superhero form, saving people and doing his best to make up for all of the wrong he had done. He didn't feel like this. He didn't burn. It felt maddening to know that he didn't have his mask anymore.

He would look over Isbeau, just another person who he had hurt in his long line of victims. If he kept going like this, he would become the monster.. And he wouldn't- no- he couldn't- no- he REFUSED to let them. " Isbeau, there's a line between the winners and the losers. There's a line between the chosen and the rest. I can't do this anymore. I just can't...You know, it's better this way. It's better than me becoming a monster. I've done the best I could. I have know where I have stood in this grand scheme. Sure, I'm number one on that leaderboard, but I don't feel like a winner. I'm here with the luckless. " With one deep breath, Billy would take a leap into the icy waters, knowing what he wanted to do. " Shazam.'

Everyone would be better without him anyway. He knew a person who deserved to be Shazam, who deserved the power. Who wouldn't hesitate for a moment, would make a great hero. He knew that the universe would just let Freddy be the hero. He wasn't the Wizard's first choice, he was his Hail Mary and he had failed him. But he refused to become the fallen champion. He refused to be corrupted. Everyone would be better without his memory., He had never been a good brother, a good son, a good foster kid, a good anything. So what did it matter?

@Sark @Minerva

Billy Batson

Billy didn't know what it felt like to be struck by lightning, but it didn't matter to him. It never did. He just knew that after it would strike him, he would feel better, like he was happier. He was happier, lighter and free. He would put all of his pain behind her and he would wear the mask of the superhero form, saving people and doing his best to make up for all of the wrong he had done. He didn't feel like this. He didn't burn. It felt maddening to know that he didn't have his mask anymore.

He would look over Isbeau, just another person who he had hurt in his long line of victims. If he kept going like this, he would become the monster.. And he wouldn't- no- he couldn't- no- he REFUSED to let them. " Isbeau, there's a line between the winners and the losers. There's a line between the chosen and the rest. I can't do this anymore. I just can't...You know, it's better this way. It's better than me becoming a monster. I've done the best I could. I have know where I have stood in this grand scheme. Sure, I'm number one on that leaderboard, but I don't feel like a winner. I'm here with the luckless. " With one deep breath, Billy would take a leap into the icy waters, knowing what he wanted to do. " Shazam.'

Everyone would be better without him anyway. He knew a person who deserved to be Shazam, who deserved the power. Who wouldn't hesitate for a moment, would make a great hero. He knew that the universe would just let Freddy be the hero. He wasn't the Wizard's first choice, he was his Hail Mary and he had failed him. But he refused to become the fallen champion. He refused to be corrupted. Everyone would be better without his memory., He had never been a good brother, a good son, a good foster kid, a good anything. So what did it matter?

@Sark @Minerva
@Northern Clearing

[BOOM]

It was almost poetic. With a flash of light and an ungodly crunch, Billy's body struck the waves. He might have anticipated a slow death. Perhaps the cold would take him before he drowned. Perhaps another creature of the deep would make him their next meal.

Instead, he felt nothing. Heard nothing. Saw nothing. He was nothing.

Billy Batson/ Shazam: Status: DECEASED! SUICIDE!

MEANWHILE

There was no way of telling how much time passed since his fall. It had felt just like waking up after a nice long nap. Refreshing. The air was cool and the floor was solid. Dry. A pleasant change to the fate he might have experienced otherwise. Perhaps God was merciful after all.

Everywhere he turned, he could see holographic scenes replaying scenes from the previous days. The death of the Bear. The destruction of Camp Orange. The flooding of the River Camp. He saw Alice shooting Scott from hundreds of different angles, with Arcade curiously missing from each and every one of them. Batson was in the Belly of the Beast. He was on the Cutting Room Floor.

"Suicide? Was that the trick you were trying to pull?" A familiar voice bellowed, echoing off the black walls of the cold chamber. Several of the screens began to part, revealing a passageway. Through it, a familiar demon stepped, carrying a large clear canister in his arms. "Seriously? You think that's the way you get out of my little game?"
View attachment 4050
"You, my friend, are an Amateur! No no no! That's not how this little thing works. Now I have to punish you personally. And I have just thing thing."
He threw the canister onto the floor. Its contents began to crackle and spark. In a flash it leaped from its case and soared into Arcade's hands.
View attachment 4051
"You see, I'm going to give you your lightning back, son. Plus interest." The lighting began to flicker, releasing an ear splitting shriek as it teetered. "Well, maybe it's not your lightning per se. It's mine. Billy Batson, let me introduce you to the lightning of A.R.C.A.D.E.! The Flames of Arson! The Speed of Robbery! The Genius of Conspiracy! The Strength of Assault! The Guile of Dishonesty! The might of Extortion! It's everything a discarded little orphan could want and more! It makes a loving family look like a hunk o' crap, and believe me, I should know!"

View attachment 4054
"Sure. It comes with some nasty little side effects. Murderous urges. Sadism. An edgy new haircut and a love of country music but hey, it's a small price to pay to have your powers back! A chance to save Isabeau! A chance to win the game and save Freddy and Mary and the rest of your band of misfits! A chance to save them from forgetting about you just like your momma did! What do you say, Billy-Buddy?"
View attachment 4055
"Care to earn a second chance? All ya gotta do is shake an ol' sinner's hand?"

@Lucky
Henry Hart/Kid Danger

"
Well, it kinds of hard to forgot the first person that you watch die in front of you, it's a rare sight," he replied, wondering how long he had been there and when he could escape. He had a feeling that it didn't matter though. He was certain of one thing though, he wasn't scared. He just felt a little sad to know that Ben couldn't remember who he was.

There was no reaction from Henry, not finding anything of this to be terrifying. Maybe it was because he knew he could move fast enough or maybe it was because he knew that the monster wouldn't be long for this world, even in a place like this. " I'm sorry, but there is no snacking for you," he replied, not missing a beat, wondering if the Unversed would protect him.

He looked over at the armor and wondered how it would react to its task now that it's master was gone. He knew for a fact that the other man had been using the creature to kill him. Of course, as long as the unversed brought him back, he would be fine, but then again, he saw that it cared enough to understand that his life meant something. He doubted Vanitas would be happy to get the corpse and not the final blow and it seemed that the Unversed understood that he did need to be alive.

Henry watched as it went send a swift punch into Ben and he wondered if it got hurt.

He stared as the Unversed would send his bones scattering into the undergrowth and he took a moment to consider what could be done.

Henry noticed that the creature was more concerned about the fact he couldn't eat than the lost bones.

There wasn't a man left who needed to be saved. As much as the choice hurt to make, Henry moved his laser phase over to kill and would take a moment. " I'm sorry you lost your humanity." He would aim for Ben's head and didn't hesitate as he pulled the trigger to protected the unversed.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies
@Deadlands

[FIZZ]

As the laser blast scattered Ben's bones to the wind, his body began to break apart into hundreds of thousands of tiny, tiny pieces. Tiny crawling pieces. Within moments, both the Unversed and Henry were overwhelmed by thousands of tiny, red eyed spiders, each spinning its own web over their flesh. Their nets grew tighter by the minute, restraining their arms and binding their ankles.

"I'm sorry too..." The Spiders muttered, speaking directly into the heart of the young hero. "We're sorry. We're so so sorry... sorry... and so hungry..."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
Jianyu refused to lower her guard right now, hand on the hilt of her new machete. Just in case Arcade decided to pull something funny even from within the safe zone. But all that happened was an earthquake and...fruits? They were so pretty...they kind of reminded her of that fruit they ate on their first day. Upon remembering that food, Jianyu clutched her stomach, wincing as it churned. Fuck, that was right. She hadn't really had anything to eat yesterday, huh? Well, time to change that.

"Make sure to eat too, yeah?" She said to Tretij as she plucked up the closest fruit to her (she wasn't exactly eager to wade into the water just yet). There was something going on in the reflection of it...but meh. Probably another of Arcade's mind tricks. He just loved to get under anyone's skin, huh? So, ignoring the reflecting fruit, Jianyu took a bite out of it. Hopefully it tasted as good as it looked...

@Sark
@Flooden Plains
There is no objectivity when it comes to taste. But the fruits of the Flooded Plains? To eat them was the experience true ecstasy. Jianyu would find its taste designed to perfectly suit her unique collection of likes and dislikes. It tasted like home. It tasted like everywhere that wasn't Murderworld.

Mantis didn't join in on the fun. He didn't dare to remove his mask. Not in front of the living. He simply stared at the fruit, finding his nourishment from within.

Time seemed to melt by. Time was only measured by the lapping of the waves and the shadows of the Great Ranges. But as day dragged on, Jianyu would begin to hear noises coming from the edge of the Safezone. The sudden growth of the Great Tree had brought the travelling pair some unwanted attention. Someone was hiding in the caves of the Great Ranges, concealed in darkness. Two blazing orbs loomed in the blackness.

@Yun Lee
It seemed like everything was going to shit faster than before by the passing minute with the wasps growing in size in a rather grotesque display.

"That's just great." He huffed. Who knew Nezumi would suddenly feel pissed off? Taking a moment to clear his head and think calmly, or as calmly as one could in this situation, Nezumi would try to carefully try to find a way to avoid the giant wasps and make it to the riverbed.
@Lake Team
Nezumi's calm and collected approach to the problem helped unlocked new possibilities. Through the swarm continued to chew Terry to tatters, the wasp seemed to steer of Nezumi, so long as he resisted the urge to move against the horde. The larger wasps, however, seemed to move against the will of the hive-mind. They attacked whomever they pleased, constantly breaking formation in order to slice at the champions with their razor-sharp mandibles. Perhaps someone might be able to draw the focus of the horde away from the lake, allowing their allies to submerge themselves and avoid meeting an untimely end. That would only leave the Larger wasps to threaten the champions. Alternatively, the Champions could devise another way to disperse the horde, or make a sprint for the lake or waterfall alone...

@Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @York
"!!" Alice tensed when Arcade grabbed her face, trying to jerk away almost instantly only to have her head resting on his shoulder. She remained tense the whole time he spoke, her hands continuing to shake in her raging emotions.

"What, you want me to tell you what you want to hear to satisfy your ego?" She scoffed softly. She felt uncomfortable, being held the way she was and it pissed her off.

"You just want me to play your game in the end, no matter what underhanded tricks are up your sleeves, for your entertainment." She continued, weighing her options on what to do next.

"As a guardian tough choices have to be made, the same applies to survival. That bear was protecting her young sure, but I was protecting Eli and the others in turn by helping them bring down the bear. At the time that..."Half Man" was a threat, so I was protecting my own. At least, I thought I was, until it turned out to be one of your damn mind games and it was really Scott I shot." She spoke almost bitterly, gun held in a white knuckle grip. She didn't see herself as the smartest person, she didn't consider herself pure or a goodie two shoes like some of the other contestants seemed to be, either.

"I act more than I think, and I'm not better than anyone else, I'll admit that much. You? You're a rat bastard no matter how you look at it, and you'll admit it and continue to do shit like this, throwing a bunch of kids and adults into a ring and telling them to rip each other's throats out." She muttered. He could dig at her all he wanted, she did that enough to herself on occasion anyway.

@Sark
"Of course it's my about my ego. My shrink called me a 'violent narcissist' for years before I showed her just how violent I can be." Arcade snickered. "And it doesn't take a court-mandated psychiatrist to see that I just want you to play the game. But if I was just seeking entertainment, I just put on a Tarantino movie. One of the bloodier ones. My traps have never just been about finding entertainment, my dear. It's that simple. But mark my words; by the time this is all done- or, by the time you are done- you'll know exactly what this is all about."

With a small push, Arcade sent Alice tumbling towards the ground. She landed right beside Scott, his cold, empty eyes staring into hers.

"Scott's dead, Alice. You killed him. You could have maimed him. You could have crippled him. But you didn't. You killed him. That was a pure moment. Your instincts took over. Your killer instincts. And why? Because in the moment, you believed that your life mattered more than his, just like it has mattered more than everyone else you've ever killed. Its the kinda crap everyone believes at first."

"I should shoot first! I have a family!"

"I should shoot first! I'm one of the good guys!"

"I should shoot first! I'm protecting my precious little Sleigh!"
View attachment 4061
"Please. It's the kind of crap I told myself as I watched the lights flicker out in my father's eyes. We're alike, you and me. Only difference is that I've stopped pretending. Truth is, know who I am. I don't pretend that my actions are grey. They're black. The sooner you stop trying to convince you're heart is any lighter than mine the better. You're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice. This is my world. Murderworld. It's about time you take those blooded hands of yours and take what you want. Tell me. What is that you want most of all?"

@Takumi

@Northern Clearing

[BOOM]

It was almost poetic. With a flash of light and an ungodly crunch, Billy's body struck the waves. He might have anticipated a slow death. Perhaps the cold would take him before he drowned. Perhaps another creature of the deep would make him their next meal.

Instead, he felt nothing. Heard nothing. Saw nothing. He was nothing.

Billy Batson/ Shazam: Status: DECEASED! SUICIDE!

MEANWHILE

There was no way of telling how much time passed since his fall. It had felt just like waking up after a nice long nap. Refreshing. The air was cool and the floor was solid. Dry. A pleasant change to the fate he might have experienced otherwise. Perhaps God was merciful after all.

Everywhere he turned, he could see holographic scenes replaying scenes from the previous days. The death of the Bear. The destruction of Camp Orange. The flooding of the River Camp. He saw Alice shooting Scott from hundreds of different angles, with Arcade curiously missing from each and every one of them. Batson was in the Belly of the Beast. He was on the Cutting Room Floor.

"Suicide? Was that the trick you were trying to pull?" A familiar voice bellowed, echoing off the black walls of the cold chamber. Several of the screens began to part, revealing a passageway. Through it, a familiar demon stepped, carrying a large clear canister in his arms. "Seriously? You think that's the way you get out of my little game?"
View attachment 4050
"You, my friend, are an Amateur! No no no! That's not how this little thing works. Now I have to punish you personally. And I have just thing thing."
He threw the canister onto the floor. Its contents began to crackle and spark. In a flash it leaped from its case and soared into Arcade's hands.
View attachment 4051
"You see, I'm going to give you your lightning back, son. Plus interest." The lighting began to flicker, releasing an ear splitting shriek as it teetered. "Well, maybe it's not your lightning per se. It's mine. Billy Batson, let me introduce you to the lightning of A.R.C.A.D.E.! The Flames of Arson! The Speed of Robbery! The Genius of Conspiracy! The Strength of Assault! The Guile of Dishonesty! The might of Extortion! It's everything a discarded little orphan could want and more! It makes a loving family look like a hunk o' crap, and believe me, I should know!"

View attachment 4054
"Sure. It comes with some nasty little side effects. Murderous urges. Sadism. An edgy new haircut and a love of country music but hey, it's a small price to pay to have your powers back! A chance to save Isabeau! A chance to win the game and save Freddy and Mary and the rest of your band of misfits! A chance to save them from forgetting about you just like your momma did! What do you say, Billy-Buddy?"
View attachment 4055
"Care to earn a second chance? All ya gotta do is shake an ol' sinner's hand?"

@Lucky

@Deadlands

[FIZZ]

As the laser blast scattered Ben's bones to the wind, his body began to break apart into hundreds of thousands of tiny, tiny pieces. Tiny crawling pieces. Within moments, both the Unversed and Henry were overwhelmed by thousands of tiny, red eyed spiders, each spinning its own web over their flesh. Their nets grew tighter by the minute, restraining their arms and binding their ankles.

"I'm sorry too..." The Spiders muttered, speaking directly into the heart of the young hero. "We're sorry. We're so so sorry... sorry... and so hungry..."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

@Flooden Plains
There is no objectivity when it comes to taste. But the fruits of the Flooded Plains? To eat them was the experience true ecstasy. Jianyu would find its taste designed to perfectly suit her unique collection of likes and dislikes. It tasted like home. It tasted like everywhere that wasn't Murderworld.

Mantis didn't join in on the fun. He didn't dare to remove his mask. Not in front of the living. He simply stared at the fruit, finding his nourishment from within.

Time seemed to melt by. Time was only measured by the lapping of the waves and the shadows of the Great Ranges. But as day dragged on, Jianyu would begin to hear noises coming from the edge of the Safezone. The sudden growth of the Great Tree had brought the travelling pair some unwanted attention. Someone was hiding in the caves of the Great Ranges, concealed in darkness. Two blazing orbs loomed in the blackness.

@Yun Lee

@Lake Team
Nezumi's calm and collected approach to the problem helped unlocked new possibilities. Through the swarm continued to chew Terry to tatters, the wasp seemed to steer of Nezumi, so long as he resisted the urge to move against the horde. The larger wasps, however, seemed to move against the will of the hive-mind. They attacked whomever they pleased, constantly breaking formation in order to slice at the champions with their razor-sharp mandibles. Perhaps someone might be able to draw the focus of the horde away from the lake, allowing their allies to submerge themselves and avoid meeting an untimely end. That would only leave the Larger wasps to threaten the champions. Alternatively, the Champions could devise another way to disperse the horde, or make a sprint for the lake or waterfall alone...

@Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @York

"Of course it's my about my ego. My shrink called me a 'violent narcissist' for years before I showed her just how violent I can be." Arcade snickered. "And it doesn't take a court-mandated psychiatrist to see that I just want you to play the game. But if I was just seeking entertainment, I just put on a Tarantino movie. One of the bloodier ones. My traps have never just been about finding entertainment, my dear. It's that simple. But mark my words; by the time this is all done- or, by the time you are done- you'll know exactly what this is all about."

With a small push, Arcade sent Alice tumbling towards the ground. She landed right beside Scott, his cold, empty eyes staring into hers.

"Scott's dead, Alice. You killed him. You could have maimed him. You could have crippled him. But you didn't. You killed him. That was a pure moment. Your instincts took over. Your killer instincts. And why? Because in the moment, you believed that your life mattered more than his, just like it has mattered more than everyone else you've ever killed. Its the kinda crap everyone believes at first."

"I should shoot first! I have a family!"

"I should shoot first! I'm one of the good guys!"

View attachment 4061
"Please. It's the kind of crap I told myself as I watched the lights flicker out in my father's eyes. We're alike, you and me. Only difference is that I've stopped pretending. Truth is, know who I am. I don't pretend that my actions are grey. They're black. The sooner you stop trying to convince you're heart is any lighter than mine the better. You're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice. This is my world. Murderworld. It's about time you take those blooded hands of yours and take what you want. Tell me. What is that you want most of all?"

@Takumi

tumblr_inline_paa7ssFblk1sfrtcl_540.png

Nezumi sighed softly, eyeing the giant wasps warily. They were as much a problem as the rest, and then a sudden thought hit him. Arcade may have gotten a hold of them, but if he got them where Nezumi though he did, then they had a connection to something from his home. The Singer weighed these thoughts and knee it was mostly a theory that needed to be tested, and if it was proven wrong...well they'd all likely die.
Continuing his calm approach, he started to softly hum a tune to see how the wasps reacted, testing the waters in a sense.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @York

Alice grunted as she was pushed to the floor, listening to Arcade with grit teeth.

a74168bac61a26ea5cf11e85da22a5b06826ed01.jpg

Her pupils shrunk to pinpoints, her breath caught in her throat, and the image that came to mind was hazy.

50e7d1ccadd77bb61e9cfc0e79ff343a23c04a6b.jpg

'Chise...'

If anything happened to Chise, Alice wasn't sure what she'd do.

"What is that you want most of all?"

"I..." What did she want? She didn't know. Her mind was muddled, and really...why would she want anything from him anyway? To Arcade they may seem the same, but unlike Arcade she would always be a protector and guardian at heart.

"I don't know." She said numbly. She felt tired, but she'd keep pushing on as she always done, until she's unable to move anymore. Pushing herself to her feet, her grip remained tight on her gun as she faced Arcade.

"I don't know." She repeated, quiter. She had some idea of what she could want, but getting anything from Arcade could lead to disaster. 'I'd just be making a contract with a Malevolent Fae...no, a devil.' she thought.

@Sark

@Jeremi

[CLICK[

@Yun Lee

@Lake

@Drylands

View attachment 4045

@Gummi Bunnies

@Deadlands

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

@Deadlands
View attachment 4044

@Takumi

Laura might as well have a sign saying idiot on her making her way into an area like this. There was however nothing else she could do, she refused to play Arcade's game any longer and anyone she was capable of saving she would. With the former Kid Flash still hunched over her shoulders Laura made her way inside.

@Sark

Jianyu closed her eyes, savoring the taste of the fruit. Good...it was so good! Just like from before...it tasted like...

...home. Was there a home for her, after all of this? She had tried to stay normal for Xiayu more than anything, tried to be a normal girl as if Shadaloo and Bison had never happened. It didn't work...and honestly she doubted it ever would. No doubt the success of the latent Psycho Power within her would send F.A.N.G to hunt her down. To be the second-born twin, too, ugh. It was like the cherry on top of his poisonous cake. But now Xiayu was gone, and her world had forgotten about her. Maybe she could figure something else out? If things worked out well, she and Tretij could probably find something new out there.

But first thing's first. They had to get out of here alive. So, Jianyu decided to use this time of peace in a way that was rather unusual to her: being productive. Jianyu loved to be lazy, but there was plenty of time to laze about when Arcade was dead and she was free. She decided to get to work on training herself up, letting the Psycho Power within become more and more controlled. From what she remembered, this was an energy that fed on negativity and evil. If you could stay in control, all of that wickedness was yours for the taking. Today, Jianyu decided to hone in on her floating and flying, as well as a new trick: transferring Psycho Power into her machete. She didn't know how deadly that'd turn out to be, but hey. Whatever worked.

Though soon, she felt something. Not physically, no, but a sort of...presence. like they were being watched. Turning towards it, Jianyu frowned, machete drawn and glowing bright purple. "You have until the count of three to show yourself," she said. "No weapons drawn, no attacks, or I cut off your head and feed it to the sharks over here." There weren't ACTUALLY sharks, but it would make a good bluff for now. "One...Two..."

@Sark

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry hadn't expected the Ben's to be scattering into the wind, but he noticed that he had turned into over a thousand of tiny, tiny pieces. He had a sudden realization as he was overwhelmed by the thousand of tiny red eyes that seemed to be spinning their own web. And he still wasn't scared. There was nothing to fear as he would close his eyes and take a moment to consider what to do next.

He would struggle and continue to shoot them, using his own hyper mobility to increase his fighting and reaction time, shooting and continuing to move. He wasn't about to die by fucking spiders. " Then eat something else- some bugs, people aren't food," he replied.

Billy Batson

There was something about poetry that was lost on Billy. It may have been that he had barely scraped by and certainly skipped classes once he got his powers. So it was lost on him. He didn't care how he died- just that he was out of the game and away from the memories.

It felt good to be nothing- it was all he ever was and all he ever would be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, Billy should have know better. He should have known that he had gotten out too free. He awoke feeling refreshed and that was his first sign that something was wrong. He had never been in a place where everything was this good. It was too good to be true and then he looked up and down and to the right and side to side

Every which way he turned, he could scenes playing out from the previous day, all things that had happened in this sick and twisted game. He hadn't escaped- he wasn't free or forgotten, he was still here. He was still in this fucked up game and he was mostly going to be stuck here forever. It seemed that Arcade wasn't too happy that he had made it out on his own accord in the slightest.

Billy would have known that it wasn't a smart idea to be snarky with the man in the belly of the beast if he had his Wisdom of Solomon. It was too bad for Aracde that without it, the child had no filter on him. " The only rule in your game was that we had to kill people. I killed two and myself- I would say that at no point did I break your little game. Besides, didn't you want death and drama?

He didn't even blink when he told him that he was an amateur. He had never been good at anything and for some reason, that seemed to include dying. He watch as the canister fell on the floor and it sparked and went into the hand of the psychopath. He didn't even look phased at this moment.

Billy just looked over at him, not having any clue where this was gong. Somehow, he doubted that whatever he was about to give him was to be any good. " You know, I'm starting to suspect why the people from your world don't like you. You seem to be monologuing a whole lot here. You know, here's the thing though, the monologue thing bores me. Also It's hard to hear you with the mointors playing everything that happens in the last round right aroud me," he replied back to him, looking at the ground, wondering if there was any chance that he would shut up.

He had heard all of what Arcade said and rolled his eyes. Maybe it was dealing with all SEVEN DEADLY SINS, but there was a reason to not trust Arcade in the slightest. He paused for a beat, not sure what else there was to say. " 1) What do you mean by save Freddy and Mary and the rest of my family. 2) My mother didn't forget me- she ABANDONED me, huge difference. 3) Don't call me Billy- Buddy. Don't."

He looked at Arcade and through gritted teethed. " I accept.... because I don't think this is a choice, is it, Arcade?" He asked, knowing the answer to his question.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies

a74168bac61a26ea5cf11e85da22a5b06826ed01.jpg

Her pupils shrunk to pinpoints, her breath caught in her throat, and the image that came to mind was hazy.

50e7d1ccadd77bb61e9cfc0e79ff343a23c04a6b.jpg

'Chise...'

If anything happened to Chise, Alice wasn't sure what she'd do.

"I..." What did she want? She didn't know. Her mind was muddled, and really...why would she want anything from him anyway? To Arcade they may seem the same, but unlike Arcade she would always be a protector and guardian at heart.

"I don't know." She said numbly. She felt tired, but she'd keep pushing on as she always done, until she's unable to move anymore. Pushing herself to her feet, her grip remained tight on her gun as she faced Arcade.

"I don't know." She repeated, quiter. She had some idea of what she could want, but getting anything from Arcade could lead to disaster. 'I'd just be making a contract with a Malevolent Fae...no, a devil.' she thought.

@Sark
@Deadlands
"Oh, my dear sweet Alice..." Arcade smiled as he bent down and offered Alice a hand. "I think I already know..."

With a touch of his palm, Murderworld began to fade away. In its place a new world formed around the pair. A simpler world. They sat in the living room of a sweet suburban house. The room was filled with a warm glow, a product of its bright likes and honey wallpaper. Through a large window, Alice could make out a white picket fence and a small family car. Children's toys littered the floor.

"Wait for it..." Arcade raised his finger, cutting through any remaining tension. With a whimsical scream, two young girls ran into the room, chasing each other with foam swords.

"I'll get you, Captain Alice!" The younger girl cried, pushing her crimson hair from her eyes. "I'll make you walk the plank!"

"Not unless I make you walk it first, you scurvy sea-dog!" The blonde girl called in response, striking her sister's sword with her own.

Arcade raised a finger to his lips, hushing the older Alice. They were to remain silent. Invisible. Part of the scenery.

"Alice! Chise!" A familiar voice called from the Kitchen. "Dinner is almost ready. It's time for you two to get washed up!"

"Never!" The younger Alice cried, raising her sword high. "Pirates never wash! Never ever!"

"Oh really?" Renfred smiled a warm smile as he stepped into the living room. It was an alien sight, to say the least. His face was smooth and clean, unmarked by any scars or wrinkles. He knelt down in the doorway, creasing his apron over his knees as his girls caught him in an embrace. "Because's I've heard that the bravest and coolest pirates wash up all the time!"

"No!" Chise called. "No they don't! All the other pirates will laugh at us if we clean up!"

"No they won't," Renfred laughed, his eyes creasing like a cat's. "And if they try to, they'll have to deal with me. Papa's going to keep you safe from all the nasty pirates. No hurry up and get clean. Your mother will be home before you know it!"

The children sprinted off out of the room, giggling and proclaiming their love for this father. On their way out, they passed straight through their spectators and disappeared down the hall.

"Adorable, aren't they?" Arcade whispered. "You've seen how powerful I am, Alice. You've seen what I am capable of. I've traveled between dimensions. I've pulled you straight out of your timelines. I have the power to make anything I want. I can give you the life you want. Something simple. Something warm. One with all the love you never had. All I need in return is for you to do something for me. Something you won't even remember when I fix your timeline. You in?"

@Takumi
Laura might as well have a sign saying idiot on her making her way into an area like this. There was however nothing else she could do, she refused to play Arcade's game any longer and anyone she was capable of saving she would. With the former Kid Flash still hunched over her shoulders Laura made her way inside.

@Sark
@Camp Angel
The first thing Weapon Hex would notice as soon as she stepped inside the camp was its smell. It was unmistakable. Camp Angel stank of rotten flesh.

Bodies were littered across the courtyard, their chests pierced by the same metal beams that formed the Camp's perimeter. Although their faces were pale and deformed by rigor mortis, the corpses of Maeve, Steven and Haru Okumura stirred vague memories from Hex's time at Arcade's Clearing.

Maeve: Status: Deceased! Redeemed by the Angel!
Steven Universe: Status: Deceased! Redeemed by the Angel!
Haru Okumara: Status: Deceased! Redeemed by the Angel!

Like poured from the hut at the fort's heart. Its door swung open, and in its arch, a tall, shimmering figure emerged. Radiant and beautiful, Warren Worthington III glided across the courtyard to greet Laura with outstretched, bloodstained arms.

"I knew you would come, Laura! A fellow mutant, seeking redemption! Step inside!"

View attachment 4063
"Please, I've made tea!"

@Jeremi
Jianyu closed her eyes, savoring the taste of the fruit. Good...it was so good! Just like from before...it tasted like...

...home. Was there a home for her, after all of this? She had tried to stay normal for Xiayu more than anything, tried to be a normal girl as if Shadaloo and Bison had never happened. It didn't work...and honestly she doubted it ever would. No doubt the success of the latent Psycho Power within her would send F.A.N.G to hunt her down. To be the second-born twin, too, ugh. It was like the cherry on top of his poisonous cake. But now Xiayu was gone, and her world had forgotten about her. Maybe she could figure something else out? If things worked out well, she and Tretij could probably find something new out there.

But first thing's first. They had to get out of here alive. So, Jianyu decided to use this time of peace in a way that was rather unusual to her: being productive. Jianyu loved to be lazy, but there was plenty of time to laze about when Arcade was dead and she was free. She decided to get to work on training herself up, letting the Psycho Power within become more and more controlled. From what she remembered, this was an energy that fed on negativity and evil. If you could stay in control, all of that wickedness was yours for the taking. Today, Jianyu decided to hone in on her floating and flying, as well as a new trick: transferring Psycho Power into her machete. She didn't know how deadly that'd turn out to be, but hey. Whatever worked.

Though soon, she felt something. Not physically, no, but a sort of...presence. like they were being watched. Turning towards it, Jianyu frowned, machete drawn and glowing bright purple. "You have until the count of three to show yourself," she said. "No weapons drawn, no attacks, or I cut off your head and feed it to the sharks over here." There weren't ACTUALLY sharks, but it would make a good bluff for now. "One...Two..."

@Sark
@Flooded Plains
"Hey-hey-hey chill!" Superboy called, emerging from the blackness. "You need to cool it, Lady!"
View attachment 4064
In a single bound, he crossed the distance between the two parties, his hands raised over his head.
"For the record, I really don't that sparkly knife of yours could trip my nose hairs, let alone behead me. Please. I just came here to get some of that sweet-sweet fruit then hit the road. We cool? This isn't exactly the island vacation I had been hoping for..."

@Yun Lee
Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry hadn't expected the Ben's to be scattering into the wind, but he noticed that he had turned into over a thousand of tiny, tiny pieces. He had a sudden realization as he was overwhelmed by the thousand of tiny red eyes that seemed to be spinning their own web. And he still wasn't scared. There was nothing to fear as he would close his eyes and take a moment to consider what to do next.

He would struggle and continue to shoot them, using his own hyper mobility to increase his fighting and reaction time, shooting and continuing to move. He wasn't about to die by fucking spiders. " Then eat something else- some bugs, people aren't food," he replied.
@Deadlands
Henry's attempts to shoot himself free from the spider's web wasn't successful for long. His quick reactions were enough to stop some of the more active spiders from ensnaring him, however, the sheer number of arachnids and their small size meant sweeping them all away with a laser blast didn't keep him safe for long. It wouldn't take long for a rogue laser blast to tear through the flesh on his arm, flooding his system with pain. His efforts has slowed down the Scarlet Spiders plot, but it wouldn't take long for them to recover and return to weaving. Before he knew it, his legs were bound at the ankle with a substance stronger than steel.

"There's no food here, Danger. Only death. Only decay. Only horrible, creeping things. We're sorry, but we need you. For our sake. We must feed..."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
Nezumi sighed softly, eyeing the giant wasps warily. They were as much a problem as the rest, and then a sudden thought hit him. Arcade may have gotten a hold of them, but if he got them where Nezumi though he did, then they had a connection to something from his home. The Singer weighed these thoughts and knee it was mostly a theory that needed to be tested, and if it was proven wrong...well they'd all likely die.
Continuing his calm approach, he started to softly hum a tune to see how the wasps reacted, testing the waters in a sense.
@Lake Team
As Nezumi began to sing, the wasps began to slow, responding to the tune of his song. It appeared as if the breed of mutant wasps Arcade had deployed shared many similarities with the Wasps of his own world, with a few distinct slight differences. They resisted the call of his song as well as they could, however, they seemed to succumb to it for moments at a time. Certain notes seemed to weaken their wills faster than others. However, their resistance granted them enough freedom to continue to strike out against the Champion, and the large mutant bees seemed immune to the song altogether.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @York
You know, I'm starting to suspect why the people from your world don't like you. You seem to be monologuing a whole lot here. You know, here's the thing though, the monologue thing bores me. Also It's hard to hear you with the mointors playing everything that happens in the last round right aroud me,"
@Editing Room
"Guilty as charged," Arcade teased, shrugging his shoulders. "But I've never been in the business of being 'liked'. I'm partial to being feared and respected. Being hated comes with the territory." With a clap of his hands, the monitors clicked off, plunging the room into darkness. The only light that remained radiated from Arcade's lighting. "Happy now?"
He had heard all of what Arcade said and rolled his eyes. Maybe it was dealing with all SEVEN DEADLY SINS, but there was a reason to not trust Arcade in the slightest. He paused for a beat, not sure what else there was to say. " 1) What do you mean by save Freddy and Mary and the rest of my family. 2) My mother didn't forget me- she ABANDONED me, huge difference. 3) Don't call me Billy- Buddy. Don't."

He looked at Arcade and through gritted teethed. " I accept.... because I don't think this is a choice, is it, Arcade?" He asked, knowing the answer to his question.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies
"That's Great, Billy Buddy!" Arcade clapped. He was ecstatic, overwhelmed by excitement. "Welcome to the Winning Team! So glad to you could join us! Not that I was planning on giving you much of a choice. I mean, even with the Wisdom of Solomon the decisions you've made recently have been a little... 'eh' in the logic department. Your questions will be answered in time, but now! Without further adieu!"

The lighting in Arcade's hand began to pulsate and glow, burning through the air that lied between them. He frantically took Billy's hand in his and pulled him closer too him. As their palms connected, Billy could feel a surge of power surge through him. The pain was unimaginable.

"How about I do the honors for you, aye kid?"

Light began to surge from the pair. Blue flames leaped for Arcade's person. Winds howled and the monitors began to crack.

View attachment 4066
"ARCADE!"

In a flash of fire and brimstone, Billy Batson was transformed once again, his blood pumped full of Dark Magic. The worst sides of himself were magnified and his greater sides were corrupted. He was violent. A sadist who was more than happy to turn his powers on the weak and down trodden in the name of profit or entertainment. He self centered and proud, yet crippling insecure behind his cold facade. Hate had replaced his optimism. Fury had replaced his joy.

The Flames of Arson surged from his iron body.
The Speed of Robbery sent his body into shivers.
The genius of Conspiracy filled him mind with brilliant, dark thoughts.
The Strength of Assault made him feel tough enough to turn mountains to dust.
The Guile of Dishonesty fixed a new mask to his face.
The Might of Extortion to enforce his will upon those who might deny him.

Once his transformation was complete, Arcade unleashed a proud cackle.

"It's Alive! It's Alive! Now look to the heavens, Beast!" He shot a finger towards the roof of the Editing Room. "Rise through the roof. There's a lot of killing to be done, and not much time... The Flooded Plains might be a nice place to start. Or maybe you'd prefer to go after Eli? Or those scared kiddies by the Lake? The Island is your oyster, Mr.Ringmaster! Go! Make it fear the might of ARCADE!"

@Lucky

@Deadlands
"Oh, my dear sweet Alice..." Arcade smiled as he bent down and offered Alice a hand. "I think I already know..."

With a touch of his palm, Murderworld began to fade away. In its place a new world formed around the pair. A simpler world. They sat in the living room of a sweet suburban house. The room was filled with a warm glow, a product of its bright likes and honey wallpaper. Through a large window, Alice could make out a white picket fence and a small family car. Children's toys littered the floor.

"Wait for it..." Arcade raised his finger, cutting through any remaining tension. With a whimsical scream, two young girls ran into the room, chasing each other with foam swords.

"I'll get you, Captain Alice!" The younger girl cried, pushing her crimson hair from her eyes. "I'll make you walk the plank!"

"Not unless I make you walk it first, you scurvy sea-dog!" The blonde girl called in response, striking her sister's sword with her own.

Arcade raised a finger to his lips, hushing the older Alice. They were to remain silent. Invisible. Part of the scenery.

"Alice! Chise!" A familiar voice called from the Kitchen. "Dinner is almost ready. It's time for you two to get washed up!"

"Never!" The younger Alice cried, raising her sword high. "Pirates never wash! Never ever!"

"Oh really?" Renfred smiled a warm smile as he stepped into the living room. It was an alien sight, to say the least. His face was smooth and clean, unmarked by any scars or wrinkles. He knelt down in the doorway, creasing his apron over his knees as his girls caught him in an embrace. "Because's I've heard that the bravest and coolest pirates wash up all the time!"

"No!" Chise called. "No they don't! All the other pirates will laugh at us if we clean up!"

"No they won't," Renfred laughed, his eyes creasing like a cat's. "And if they try to, they'll have to deal with me. Papa's going to keep you safe from all the nasty pirates. No hurry up and get clean. Your mother will be home before you know it!"

The children sprinted off out of the room, giggling and proclaiming their love for this father. On their way out, they passed straight through their spectators and disappeared down the hall.

"Adorable, aren't they?" Arcade whispered. "You've seen how powerful I am, Alice. You've seen what I am capable of. I've traveled between dimensions. I've pulled you straight out of your timelines. I have the power to make anything I want. I can give you the life you want. Something simple. Something warm. One with all the love you never had. All I need in return is for you to do something for me. Something you won't even remember when I fix your timeline. You in?"

@Takumi

@Camp Angel
The first thing Weapon Hex would notice as soon as she stepped inside the camp was its smell. It was unmistakable. Camp Angel stank of rotten flesh.

Bodies were littered across the courtyard, their chests pierced by the same metal beams that formed the Camp's perimeter. Although their faces were pale and deformed by rigor mortis, the corpses of Maeve, Steven and Haru Okumura stirred vague memories from Hex's time at Arcade's Clearing.

Maeve: Status: Deceased! Redeemed by the Angel!
Steven Universe: Status: Deceased! Redeemed by the Angel!
Haru Okumara: Status: Deceased! Redeemed by the Angel!

Like poured from the hut at the fort's heart. Its door swung open, and in its arch, a tall, shimmering figure emerged. Radiant and beautiful, Warren Worthington III glided across the courtyard to greet Laura with outstretched, bloodstained arms.

"I knew you would come, Laura! A fellow mutant, seeking redemption! Step inside!"

View attachment 4063
"Please, I've made tea!"

@Jeremi

@Flooded Plains
"Hey-hey-hey chill!" Superboy called, emerging from the blackness. "You need to cool it, Lady!"
View attachment 4064
In a single bound, he crossed the distance between the two parties, his hands raised over his head.
"For the record, I really don't that sparkly knife of yours could trip my nose hairs, let alone behead me. Please. I just came here to get some of that sweet-sweet fruit then hit the road. We cool? This isn't exactly the island vacation I had been hoping for..."

@Yun Lee

@Deadlands
Henry's attempts to shoot himself free from the spider's web wasn't successful for long. His quick reactions were enough to stop some of the more active spiders from ensnaring him, however, the sheer number of arachnids and their small size meant sweeping them all away with a laser blast didn't keep him safe for long. It wouldn't take long for a rogue laser blast to tear through the flesh on his arm, flooding his system with pain. His efforts has slowed down the Scarlet Spiders plot, but it wouldn't take long for them to recover and return to weaving. Before he knew it, his legs were bound at the ankle with a substance stronger than steel.

"There's no food here, Danger. Only death. Only decay. Only horrible, creeping things. We're sorry, but we need you. For our sake. We must feed..."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

@Lake Team
As Nezumi began to sing, the wasps began to slow, responding to the tune of his song. It appeared as if the breed of mutant wasps Arcade had deployed shared many similarities with the Wasps of his own world, with a few distinct slight differences. They resisted the call of his song as well as they could, however, they seemed to succumb to it for moments at a time. Certain notes seemed to weaken their wills faster than others. However, their resistance granted them enough freedom to continue to strike out against the Champion, and the large mutant bees seemed immune to the song altogether.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @York

@Editing Room
"Guilty as charged," Arcade teased, shrugging his shoulders. "But I've never been in the business of being 'liked'. I'm partial to being feared and respected. Being hated comes with the territory." With a clap of his hands, the monitors clicked off, plunging the room into darkness. The only light that remained radiated from Arcade's lighting. "Happy now?"

"That's Great, Billy Buddy!" Arcade clapped. He was ecstatic, overwhelmed by excitement. "Welcome to the Winning Team! So glad to you could join us! Not that I was planning on giving you much of a choice. I mean, even with the Wisdom of Solomon the decisions you've made recently have been a little... 'eh' in the logic department. Your questions will be answered in time, but now! Without further adieu!"

The lighting in Arcade's hand began to pulsate and glow, burning through the air that lied between them. He frantically took Billy's hand in his and pulled him closer too him. As their palms connected, Billy could feel a surge of power surge through him. The pain was unimaginable.

"How about I do the honors for you, aye kid?"

Light began to surge from the pair. Blue flames leaped for Arcade's person. Winds howled and the monitors began to crack.

View attachment 4066
"ARCADE!"

In a flash of fire and brimstone, Billy Batson was transformed once again, his blood pumped full of Dark Magic. The worst sides of himself were magnified and his greater sides were corrupted. He was violent. A sadist who was more than happy to turn his powers on the weak and down trodden in the name of profit or entertainment. He self centered and proud, yet crippling insecure behind his cold facade. Hate had replaced his optimism. Fury had replaced his joy.

The Flames of Arson surged from his iron body.
The Speed of Robbery sent his body into shivers.
The genius of Conspiracy filled him mind with brilliant, dark thoughts.
The Strength of Assault made him feel tough enough to turn mountains to dust.
The Guile of Dishonesty fixed a new mask to his face.
The Might of Extortion to enforce his will upon those who might deny him.

Once his transformation was complete, Arcade unleashed a proud cackle.

"It's Alive! It's Alive! Now look to the heavens, Beast!" He shot a finger towards the roof of the Editing Room. "Rise through the roof. There's a lot of killing to be done, and not much time... The Flooded Plains might be a nice place to start. Or maybe you'd prefer to go after Eli? Or those scared kiddies by the Lake? The Island is your oyster, Mr.Ringmaster! Go! Make it fear the might of ARCADE!"

@Lucky

tumblr_o48kk0lHMI1ugye8so5_250.png

Nezumi kept notes on the wasps reactions, and as such did his best to avoid the larger more mutated ones as he kept singing, instead of trying to control them, he at least tried to calm them, keeping his own calm demeanor about him as he lifted his arm to mostly protect his face from the smaller ones attacks.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @York

tumblr_ppsuzjLgib1sfafj7_100.jpg

"..." Alice stared at the scene before her quietly. Something didn't sit right with her about this scene. But seeing both Chise and Renfred happy and safe...it pushed any negative feelings down and into the depths of her mind.

Despite the red flags and the warning signs, she turned to face Arcade with a hard, cold look. She'd play along for now.

tumblr_ppsuxish9S1sfafj7_100.jpg

"What do you want me to do, Geezer?" She asked, having a feeling she wouldn't have had much of a choice in the matter anyway.

@Sark

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry had a feeling that he wouldn't be successful for long, it seemed the even with his hyper mobility, there were too many of them to blast away, but he knew that he couldn't just stick around and found out how long he had. He would make sure to keep his watch close to him, knowing that it wasn't smart to shoot at the spiders, but he would shoot at the webs that were trying to bound his ankle. It was a good thing that he learned a lot about precision from using the beams multiple times to knock people out and down. He took a deep breath. He needed a plan and he knew the answer, and it didn't go against his ideals. He took a breath and spoke.

"
Well, I have a proposition for you- there may be no food here- but you know where there is food- the rest of the island, so many tasty morsels, if you let me go and don't eat me, I can find you much better meals. Besides, once you eat me- then you will be back where you started, foodless and broken."

Billy Batson

Billy would look over at him and wonder if he knew that his phrasing was going to be. " I don't think you are either feared or respected by anyone here, just to let you know," he replied, looking over as the mointors were clicked off and he was plunged intothe darkness that surrounded him. He wasn't happy as much as he seemed to be less annoyed by him."

Billy visibly twitched at being called Billy buddy, making a face that indicated that he was less than excited to be working with Ar.cade in any capacity. " I figured that I wasn't going to be given much of a choice. You know, there is actually a logical reason for that. I'm only fourteen years old, how many teens that age you know to make smart choices?" He asked without missing a beat.

Billy had had a feeling that he wasn't about to like what was about to happen. He was about to be broken, he could just feel it in in his gut as Arcade would put his hand in his own. He felt the power- but it also felt wrong- so many different types of wrong that he couldn't quite understand. He felt engulfed by pain.

Billy wasn't able to argue against him, the pain too much.

There was so much happening and yet, there was something unspoken in the air, something he couldn't quite place as everything happened.

Yup, he wasn't ever going to say that.

There was something tragically ironic that he had become transformed by Dark Magic. And as the worst sides of himself were magnified and his greater sides corrupted, he realized that he knew the answer. This was what had happened to the fallen champion, the one who had become broken. Could the Wizard see the future or was history doomed to repeated itself? He felt broken and he knew..... that somehow, things hadn't even gotten to the worst point. He just knew it.

The Flames of Arson burned Billy in a way he couldn't quite understand.
The Speed of Robbery wasn't just cold- it was ice.
There were brilliant, dark thoughts in his mind- but there was a part of him that was screaming wrong.
The strength of Assault felt tough- yet, there was a force that seemed to press against it.
His body refused to let his face change- there was still something distinctly champion-like about his new face- a broken form, but still the same mask.
And last but not least, he felt that he was fully broke, fully lost to the world.

Billy just stared, a blank expression on his face, though it still looked wrong.

View attachment 4067

Billy took a moment before he spoke, " I'm still Billy, just because I'm powered by you doesn't meant that I lost my name," he replied snarkily. He looked over at him and took a moment before he paused. " You know-all of those options seem wonderful. Though, I want to return to the Northern Clearing- it's better to appear to be with a group than just to run freely.i free Isbeau and then I'll go to the Flooded plains to play with some friends."

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva

Jianyu narrowed her eyes, looking at the boy who emerged from the cave. Just eat and leave, huh...that shouldn't be an issue. But something felt...off about this guy. Like there was something about him that Jianyu didn't trust. "Hey...have I...seen you before? Besides when we all got dragged here day one." What, had he been in one of the highlight reels, maybe?

@Sark

Jianyu narrowed her eyes, looking at the boy who emerged from the cave. Just eat and leave, huh...that shouldn't be an issue. But something felt...off about this guy. Like there was something about him that Jianyu didn't trust. "Hey...have I...seen you before? Besides when we all got dragged here day one." What, had he been in one of the highlight reels, maybe?

@Sark
@Flooded Plains
View attachment 4069

"Uhhh Nope!" Superboy's face contorted into a nervous smirk. "Yeah nope, we've never met before. Never seen you before in my life. I mean, I saw what happened at the lake on that big ass sky screen, but I haven't met-you-met-you, yano? Now... what do you say you do a Super-Guy a favor and let him slip on into your safezone?"

@Yun Lee
Nezumi kept notes on the wasps reactions, and as such did his best to avoid the larger more mutated ones as he kept singing, instead of trying to control them, he at least tried to calm them, keeping his own calm demeanor about him as he lifted his arm to mostly protect his face from the smaller ones attacks.
@Lake Team
Nezumi's song was enough to slow down the wasps further still, however, as the volume of his song grew, he caught the attention of the mutants. With every note, the Mutant Wasps seemed to grow more and more aggressive. A bubbling hiss escaped their mouths as they converged on Nezumi, a trail of steam pouring from their wake. With a shriek, a stream of acid sprung from the proboscis of one of the leading mutants. The first waved soared over Nezumi's head, missing him by inches and sizzling through the stones at his feet. Moments later, another mutant was began its attack, another steamy aura leaping from its body.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow
"..." Alice stared at the scene before her quietly. Something didn't sit right with her about this scene. But seeing both Chise and Renfred happy and safe...it pushed any negative feelings down and into the depths of her mind.

Despite the red flags and the warning signs, she turned to face Arcade with a hard, cold look. She'd play along for now.

"What do you want me to do, Geezer?" She asked, having a feeling she wouldn't have had much of a choice in the matter anyway.

@Sark
@The Family Home
"Well, that's the simple part..." Arcade's face twisted into a Cheshire grin.
View attachment 4072
"I want you to play the Game. I want you to win. I want you to prove me right! You see, when you woke up this morning, you were coming in 8th. The last thing our viewers were expecting was a come back. Which is exactly why we're going to show them a comeback. Now, I can't be see giving you a helping hand, but..." With a snap of his fingers and a flick of his wrist, a small white card appeared between Arcade's middle and pointer fingers. Written upon it were the names of three champions:

Psycho Mantis- Flooded Plains
Eli- Deadlands
Jianyu- Flooded Plains

"This stays between the two of us. You track them. You kill them. Do that for me and you get this!!" He painted the living room walls with his eyes. "You get everything you could ever dream of, and a perfectly clean conscience to boot! Three lives for three lives."
View attachment 4071
"Sounds fair to me. Now, I'll ask you again: are you in?"

@Takumi
Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry had a feeling that he wouldn't be successful for long, it seemed the even with his hyper mobility, there were too many of them to blast away, but he knew that he couldn't just stick around and found out how long he had. He would make sure to keep his watch close to him, knowing that it wasn't smart to shoot at the spiders, but he would shoot at the webs that were trying to bound his ankle. It was a good thing that he learned a lot about precision from using the beams multiple times to knock people out and down. He took a deep breath. He needed a plan and he knew the answer, and it didn't go against his ideals. He took a breath and spoke.

"
Well, I have a proposition for you- there may be no food here- but you know where there is food- the rest of the island, so many tasty morsels, if you let me go and don't eat me, I can find you much better meals. Besides, once you eat me- then you will be back where you started, foodless and broken."
@Deadlands
"Better meals? Don't lie to us you tasty little nugget..." The Spiders hissed in response to Henry's offer. Yet, after hearing his words, their weaving began to slow. The began to crawl a little slower. After a minute or two, the Scarlet Spiders retreated from Henry's skin, burying themselves in the undergrowth. "We have been thinking... We have been thinking, and we thinks that you are correct, delicious one. We will come with you... you will show us those lovely meals... And if you are lying, we will simply have to wrap you up again... and savor you... and please..." The leaves beneath the pair began to rustle and crinkles and the spiders found themselves beneath the dirt. They began to bind together again and, link by link, reformed and repaired the body of the Scarlet Spider. He pulled himself from the dirt, and entered a squat. "Please can I get a leg from the Big Guy to go? Please? I wan't to know if he tastes as good as he looks..."

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky
Billy took a moment before he spoke, " I'm still Billy, just because I'm powered by you doesn't meant that I lost my name," he replied snarkily. He looked over at him and took a moment before he paused. " You know-all of those options seem wonderful. Though, I want to return to the Northern Clearing- it's better to appear to be with a group than just to run freely.i free Isbeau and then I'll go to the Flooded plains to play with some friends."

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva
@Editing Room
"Straight up and due north," Arcade shot a finger towards the ceiling, unshaken by Billy's taunts. "Don't worry about the roof. I'll have it fixed before you know it. Oh, and don't worry about the water or those giant wasps either. They'll stay out of your way so long as you keep killing stuff. Don't forget your lunch and don't talk to strangers and oh! This is a proud Papa moment!" The Madman gushed, pressing his knuckles to his chin. "Now get out there, sport! Get out there and fly, my pretty! Fly!!"

@Lucky

@Flooded Plains
View attachment 4069

"Uhhh Nope!" Superboy's face contorted into a nervous smirk. "Yeah nope, we've never met before. Never seen you before in my life. I mean, I saw what happened at the lake on that big ass sky screen, but I haven't met-you-met-you, yano? Now... what do you say you do a Super-Guy a favor and let him slip on into your safezone?"

@Yun Lee

@Lake Team
Nezumi's song was enough to slow down the wasps further still, however, as the volume of his song grew, he caught the attention of the mutants. With every note, the Mutant Wasps seemed to grow more and more aggressive. A bubbling hiss escaped their mouths as they converged on Nezumi, a trail of steam pouring from their wake. With a shriek, a stream of acid sprung from the proboscis of one of the leading mutants. The first waved soared over Nezumi's head, missing him by inches and sizzling through the stones at his feet. Moments later, another mutant was began its attack, another steamy aura leaping from its body.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow

@The Family Home
"Well, that's the simple part..." Arcade's face twisted into a Cheshire grin.
View attachment 4072
"I want you to play the Game. I want you to win. I want you to prove me right! You see, when you woke up this morning, you were coming in 8th. The last thing our viewers were expecting was a come back. Which is exactly why we're going to show them a comeback. Now, I can't be see giving you a helping hand, but..." With a snap of his fingers and a flick of his wrist, a small white card appeared between Arcade's middle and pointer fingers. Written upon it were the names of three champions:

Psycho Mantis- Flooded Plains
Eli- Deadlands
Jianyu- Flooded Plains

"This stays between the two of us. You track them. You kill them. Do that for me and you get this!!" He painted the living room walls with his eyes. "You get everything you could ever dream of, and a perfectly clean conscience to boot! Three lives for three lives."
View attachment 4071
"Sounds fair to me. Now, I'll ask you again: are you in?"

@Takumi

@Deadlands
"Better meals? Don't lie to us you tasty little nugget..." The Spiders hissed in response to Henry's offer. Yet, after hearing his words, their weaving began to slow. The began to crawl a little slower. After a minute or two, the Scarlet Spiders retreated from Henry's skin, burying themselves in the undergrowth. "We have been thinking... We have been thinking, and we thinks that you are correct, delicious one. We will come with you... you will show us those lovely meals... And if you are lying, we will simply have to wrap you up again... and savor you... and please..." The leaves beneath the pair began to rustle and crinkles and the spiders found themselves beneath the dirt. They began to bind together again and, link by link, reformed and repaired the body of the Scarlet Spider. He pulled himself from the dirt, and entered a squat. "Please can I get a leg from the Big Guy to go? Please? I wan't to know if he tastes as good as he looks..."

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

@Editing Room
"Straight up and due north," Arcade shot a finger towards the ceiling, unshaken by Billy's taunts. "Don't worry about the roof. I'll have it fixed before you know it. Oh, and don't worry about the water or those giant wasps either. They'll stay out of your way so long as you keep killing stuff. Don't forget your lunch and don't talk to strangers and oh! This is a proud Papa moment!" The Madman gushed, pressing his knuckles to his chin. "Now get out there, sport! Get out there and fly, my pretty! Fly!!"

@Lucky

tumblr_penzfv3ZVe1thaqlqo2_250.png

"!!" Oh, now they could spit acid. Good to know. Nezumi kept as calm as could be despite his pulse raising slightly, with the second giant wasp gearing up for an attack he tried to find something of use to defend himself while also move out of it's range.

'Well, we have such a rowdy audience today' he thought sarcastically. He might have to try and find the exit of the stage sooner or later if this kept up and he somehow survived.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @York @Crow

c9f430f33fdb40731d32e36c1577d35a17f4a9cc.jpg

"Oh..." Of course she wouldn't like what he wanted her to do. The onlybname she recognized immediately was Eli's, or at the very least she could put a name to a face right off the bat.

The thought of it made her stomach churn and she really didn't want to prove him right-when did she ever want to prove guys like Arcade right of all things?

004f8dc539c3b22e2a790e65b57a460c166dd394.jpg

It shouldn't be this hard, really. She could just refuse. Fuck being in 8th place, she didn't pay much attention to the statistics since the first day anyway.

However...what would Renfred do? What would Chise do?...Well Chise'd likely refuse to get any help from Arcade for one.

It seemed like pros and cons weren't all that even if it meant to prove him right along with doing what he wanted her to do since day one. The gears started turning at this point, as she tried to find any loopholes in what he was asking of her. Besides, there's no way there wasn't a catch, right?

@Sark

The lake...so, he knew her, and knew who she was...but they had yet to meet. And he got here awfully quickly, faster than even the folks at the lake! Sure, she probably had a target on her back now that she was numero uno on Arcade's scoreboard, and yeah, there were only three safe zones here so naturally this was a place that would draw people. But there was more to it than just that. The way he talked, even Jianyu could see right through it. He was hiding something from her. He knew something she didn't. And she would be damned if she didn't get to the bottom of this.

So, after a moment, she smiled sweetly. "Sure," she said, gesturing to the tree with her still-drawn machete. "Help yourself." Maybe if he thought she fell for it, he would let his guard down. And if he did move off to the tree, she would follow him, doing her best to maintain an air of naivete. "It'd be selfish to just hog everything for me and my friend here. Better we all work together than play into Arcade's hands, yeah?"

@Sark

"Oh..." Of course she wouldn't like what he wanted her to do. The only name she recognized immediately was Eli's, or at the very least she could put a name to a face right off the bat.

The thought of it made her stomach churn and she really didn't want to prove him right-when did she ever want to prove guys like Arcade right of all things?

It shouldn't be this hard, really. She could just refuse. Fuck being in 8th place, she didn't pay much attention to the statistics since the first day anyway.

However...what would Renfred do? What would Chise do?...Well Chise'd likely refuse to get any help from Arcade for one.

It seemed like pros and cons weren't all that even if it meant to prove him right along with doing what he wanted her to do since day one. The gears started turning at this point, as she tried to find any loopholes in what he was asking of her. Besides, there's no way there wasn't a catch, right?

@Sark
@The Family Home
View attachment 4073
"I know that expression..." Arcade smirked. "I can practically see the cogs turning in that head of yours. You wondering if this is real, if its safe, what would Captain America do blah-blah-blah the usual stuff. But here's the bottom line." Arcade teetered back onto his heels, span around, and threw himself down onto the Renfred Family couch. It creaked under the force of his fall. The leather squeaked as his placed his shoes over the arm and laid down, cradling his head. "It's all real, baby. A 100% authentic family. Sure, there are fights along the way. Renfred's a little stingy when it comes to Bed-Times, and Chise throws a tantrum from time to time, but that's all normal family stuff. So what do you say, Alice?" He stretched out his palm. "Heaven or Hell?"

@Takumi
The lake...so, he knew her, and knew who she was...but they had yet to meet. And he got here awfully quickly, faster than even the folks at the lake! Sure, she probably had a target on her back now that she was numero uno on Arcade's scoreboard, and yeah, there were only three safe zones here so naturally this was a place that would draw people. But there was more to it than just that. The way he talked, even Jianyu could see right through it. He was hiding something from her. He knew something she didn't. And she would be damned if she didn't get to the bottom of this.

So, after a moment, she smiled sweetly. "Sure," she said, gesturing to the tree with her still-drawn machete. "Help yourself." Maybe if he thought she fell for it, he would let his guard down. And if he did move off to the tree, she would follow him, doing her best to maintain an air of naivete. "It'd be selfish to just hog everything for me and my friend here. Better we all work together than play into Arcade's hands, yeah?"

@Sark
@Flooded Plains
View attachment 4074
"Oh swe-eet!" Superboy cried, throwing Jianyu a quick wink. "I always said you were the cuter twin!"

With another bound, Superboy crossed over into the Flooded Plains, landing with a splash. In a flash, he was upon the tree, plucking armfuls of its fruits and holding them in his arms.

"Nice work taking out Robo-Arm last, b-t-w."

He shouted down, spraying chunks of fruit and streams of juice as he spoke. It didn't take long for the completely lose himself in his words and his food. His tongue continued to dance, saying a lot, but at the same time, nothing at all.

"The Orange Team got real freaky real fast. And not good freaky. Nasty freaky. The stuff they did to the dam was wack. Just sucks that I didn't take more of their crap before I hit the road. Don't get me wrong; this tree is cool and stuff but that ginger dude found a heap of guns at our old camp. Spoiler alert! Turns out it we had set up camp on a Safe Zone before Safe Zones were cool. Crazy, right? I mean, I'm faster than a bullet and stuff, but image how bad I'd look with a couple of Bazookas!"

After a few more moments of rambling, the buttons at the heart of the Safezone began to beep again. Drawing the eyes of both Superboy and Mantis.

"Yo, are they supposed to do that?"

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
@The Family Home
View attachment 4073
"I know that expression..." Arcade smirked. "I can practically see the cogs turning in that head of yours. You wondering if this is real, if its safe, what would Captain America do blah-blah-blah the usual stuff. But here's the bottom line." Arcade teetered back onto his heels, span around, and threw himself down onto the Renfred Family couch. It creaked under the force of his fall. The leather squeaked as his placed his shoes over the arm and laid down, cradling his head. "It's all real, baby. A 100% authentic family. Sure, there are fights along the way. Renfred's a little stingy when it comes to Bed-Times, and Chise throws a tantrum from time to time, but that's all normal family stuff. So what do you say, Alice?" He stretched out his palm. "Heaven or Hell?"

@Takumi

@Flooded Plains
View attachment 4074
"Oh swe-eet!" Superboy cried, throwing Jianyu a quick wink. "I always said you were the cuter twin!"

With another bound, Superboy crossed over into the Flooded Plains, landing with a splash. In a flash, he was upon the tree, plucking armfuls of its fruits and holding them in his arms.

"Nice work taking out Robo-Arm last, b-t-w."

He shouted down, spraying chunks of fruit and streams of juice as he spoke. It didn't take long for the completely lose himself in his words and his food. His tongue continued to dance, saying a lot, but at the same time, nothing at all.

"The Orange Team got real freaky real fast. And not good freaky. Nasty freaky. The stuff they did to the damn was wack. Just sucks that I didn't take more of their crap before I hit the road. Don't get me wrong; this tree is cool and stuff but that ginger dude found a heap of guns at our old camp. Spoiler alert! Turns out it we had set up camp on a Safe Zone before Safe Zones were cool. Crazy, right? I mean, I'm faster than a bullet and stuff, but image how bad I'd look with a couple of Bazookas!"

After a few more moments of rambling, the buttons at the heart of the Safezone began to beep again. Drawing the eyes of both Superboy and Mantis.

"Yo, are they supposed to do that?"

@Yun Lee

61a411aeb5e484be844584a057a608413ab5a661.jpg

"Sh-shut up you Boomer, let me think." She grumbled. The fact he could tell she was thinking so hard irritated her.

"Don't call me baby either, it's weird." She added with a huff. Scowling as she simmered, she at least considered it...sure she was happy where she was so far, but...gah! This was dumb as hell! Why was she thinking so hard about this?

...Then something pretty reckless and honestly dumb came to mind, but maybe she could work with it? Maybe it wasn't all that dumb after all?

tumblr_ppsuxiLrWW1sfafj7_100.jpg

"Fine, I'll play your game, Geezer..." She spoke up. She'd play along for now, but without knowing much of what two of the contestants could do, maybe she wouldn't even have to dirty her hands anymore than she already have. Sure, the price of it might be her life, but she'd rather have Arcade talk shit about her performance than praise her for killing someone after he told her to.

So with that in mind, she'd slap his hand with her's and gripped it for a shake. She definitely felt like she was making a contract with the worst fae in existence in that moment and practically hated every second.

@Sark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back