Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh?" Xiayu was pensive. On one hand, yes, Arcade was dangerous and needed to be taken down right away. But on the other...he might be anticipating a sudden attack, as well. And to lose one of their own so quickly could be a huge disadvantage if the groups did turn on each other. "...what do you have in mind? We should talk this over before making any sudden moves."

@Crow @Takumi @Sark

"Oh?" Xiayu was pensive. On one hand, yes, Arcade was dangerous and needed to be taken down right away. But on the other...he might be anticipating a sudden attack, as well. And to lose one of their own so quickly could be a huge disadvantage if the groups did turn on each other. "...what do you have in mind? We should talk this over before making any sudden moves."

@Crow @Takumi @Sark

"You said before that Scarlet Spider and I know almost everyone, que? I was thinking that the first step would be a few basic baby steps with that as our advantage. Assuming this Terry guy took the mantle directly from the man himself and not a certain successor..." Beetle coughed for a bit, "he should have all the Batman rules, no killing, villains beware, all the mojo. And that Super... girl over there on the same team, we should be able to trust her. The other super-guy with the glasses, I'm not so sure. He was working with Lex Luthor before being rec'd for the Titans, plus he's a bit hot-headed. Can't forget Kid Flash. He was one of the OG Titans during Nightwing's era. You can count on me for some Titano-e'-Titano talk. Shazam over there's a League member, and a League member you can trust pretty well.

vCv4sZ3.gif

What I'm saying is that if we're not planning on beating anyone, we should be planning on joining and uniting them. I am a team worker, after all."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @Sark @YellowTeam​

"!!!" Thank God she was wearing this mask, or Xiayu would look far too excited. Thank God. Two of those people were on the Pink Team, along with a little boy and Jianyu. If they allied, then...!

Xiayu nodded. "R-Right. Well...that Pink Team, with those two you mentioned...he mentioned two Dolls, and the girl there...she's my twin sister. If we only have twenty minutes, then that group should be the first place to start."

@Crow @Sark @Takumi

"!!!" Thank God she was wearing this mask, or Xiayu would look far too excited. Thank God. Two of those people were on the Pink Team, along with a little boy and Jianyu. If they allied, then...!

Xiayu nodded. "R-Right. Well...that Pink Team, with those two you mentioned...he mentioned two Dolls, and the girl there...she's my twin sister. If we only have twenty minutes, then that group should be the first place to start."

@Crow @Sark @Takumi

"Yup, the Pink Team sounds great. Maybe we should move on to the Orange and White Teams in any order after that... maybe White before Orange, Shazam's leagues easier to negotiate with than a team with Superboy, even if Kid Flash is on his team."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Sark @Takumi @YellowTeam​

Billy Baston/ Shazam

Billy had only been half-listening to Arcade's whole speech. Actually about half-way through the speech, he had started to fiddle with his hand, waiting to see when he was done. He would finally get to the part about teams. " Well, it looks like the four of us are team members. I'm not really big on the idea of killing, though I already miss my family. I'm Billy Baston, but I am better known as Shazam," he said. As he said the name, a lightning bolt would strike him and he would stand in his adult form, running a hand through his darkened hair. " So, what about the rest of you?" He asked.

Henry Hart/ Kid Danger

" Well, that seemed like a really long speech to just tell us he wanted us to murder each other. I am not a fan of the idea of killing, even if it means I will be forgotten by people. I'm Henry Hart, though back home, I'm known as Kid Danger,"
he said, offering his hand to shake his teammate's hand as he would look to see who was a threat and who he could work with. He was sure that they could beat one villain. There was one villain and thirty two semi-heroes here. " So what are your guys name and stance?" He asked.

@Sark @Alex Azure @dark @White and Purple Team

Oh.

Hell.

No.

Kate wasn't standing for this Arcade death game nonsense. She could have sworn he had done this exact same plot not so long ago and she didn't recall that having the major success he had probably hoped for. She couldn't say she knew a good 94% of the people Arcade had summoned for this merry vacation, which made her pause a bit, but it wasn't like it would make a difference. People were ultimately good and no one would realistically agree to kill indiscriminately, blah blah blah. Children's books about battle royale were just that: books.

XTtq83L.png

"Hey, kids," Kate said, butting into the conversation between her so-called 'team.' "Can you chill out? No one's killing anybody, not if I have a say in it. I'm sure the Avengers or someone is on their way right now to put a stop to all this."

@Crow @Takumi @Sark

uIidlI9.png

"I'm definitely not okay with any of this!" Steven blurted out, inserting himself into Kara's and Jianyu's conversation. He clenched his fist and gave the two women a determined look. "But don't worry, guys, I'll protect you. We just need to figure out a way out of this! Besides, I'm sure my friends are looking for me as we speak, no matter what that guy says!"

@York @Yun Lee @Sark

Last edited:
MirJz6L.png

"Yup," Hnikar smiles in response, "the Manaria Academy of Magic. You guys should pay a visit when all this is over. It's where a good deal of Mistarcia's greatest mages come from, and I'm hoping to be one of them!"

@Takumi @Sark @Atomic Knight @Crow @Red Team​

FzCrtPh.gif

"You're not the only one finding that strange," Beetle says to Xiayu, "on one hand, it does give us - and them too - some kind of upper hand. On the other... I'm really not looking forward to killing some guys with familiar-looking symbols of hope that I've seen on the League's roster, or anyone, really. If Arcade's as B-list as Scarlet Spider here says, then I say we go for the plan...

TaBepKQ.png

and I think I know how to start it out."

@Yun Lee @Sark @Takumi @Crow @YellowTeam​

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o6_100.jpg

"Dunno about visiting, but if we both make it out we'll see." Alice spoke, though didn't think they'd ever see each other again after this-if anyone from this mess of a team survived anyway. Despite her doubts didn't want to bum out the guy too bad.

"I'm still new to the whole magic thing, not too interested in becoming a mage." She muttered.

To Kate, Alice placed a hand on her hip. Although more calm since talking with Hnikar, she still had her gun at her side at the ready.

"Don't know of any Avengers, but if you say so." She shrugged, a bit miffed at being called a kid, but if Renfred were here he'd likely hit her in the head so she guessed she deserved it regardless.

@Sark @Crow @Atomic Knight @Red Team

---

Nezumi was a bit hesitant with this plan, not really one to trust others so quickly. He didn't fully trust his team but the fact he even did a little was a start he guessed.

tumblr_inline_pe50xc6Vtq1sfrtcl_100.png

"Keep in mind that our generous captor is still present right now, and that if he so chooses can fuck with us before we put our plan in action." He warned in a voice loud enough only his teammates can hear, a bit of a smirk and some sarcasm leaking through at calling Arcade generous. He wanted to slit the clown's throat in all honesty, but decided to be a good boy and wait on that. Survival came first after all.

tumblr_inline_pe50x1EZDJ1sfrtcl_100.png

"I'll trust your guys' judgement for now, since you know a bit more than I do..." The moment he sensed any danger it'd be fight or die, however.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Sark @Yellow Team

"I can go talk to them. We'll cover more ground if we split up." And with that, the Doll moved over, just in time to overhear Steven.

"If it's a way out you want, maybe we can help you each other." Beside Jianyu, Xiayu appeared to the Pink Team, tone casual to prove her goodwill where her masked face couldn't.

latest

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Xiayu, Jianyu's sister. Obviously, I'd never kill her, or anyone she considers an ally. In fact, I don't intend on killing anyone here, and neither do my teammates." Xiayu nodded over to the Yellow Team. "We're working to bring as many teams as possible into an alliance in order to keep casualties to a minimum until we can stop this game."

"Sis!" Jianyu perked up hearing her sister speak of an alliance, and she couldn't help but feel relief wash over her. This meant that they'd stick together through this whole thing now, right? She looked to the rest of the group. "You can trust Xiayu, I promise. She doesn't lie."

Xiayu looked over at Kara and Terry. "One of my teammates-the Blue Beetle-he says he knows of you two and would consider you all excellent allies. And you..." Xiayu looked down at Steven. "I wouldn't feel right leaving a child in mortal danger."

"Who else are you guys talking to, anyway? Because I don't think everyone will be on board..." Jianyu glanced at Vanitas as she said this. That was one creep she wanted to stay far away from.

@Crow @Sark @Takumi @Atomic Knight @York

Oh.

Hell.

No.

Kate wasn't standing for this Arcade death game nonsense. She could have sworn he had done this exact same plot not so long ago and she didn't recall that having the major success he had probably hoped for. She couldn't say she knew a good 94% of the people Arcade had summoned for this merry vacation, which made her pause a bit, but it wasn't like it would make a difference. People were ultimately good and no one would realistically agree to kill indiscriminately, blah blah blah. Children's books about battle royale were just that: books.

XTtq83L.png

"Hey, kids," Kate said, butting into the conversation between her so-called 'team.' "Can you chill out? No one's killing anybody, not if I have a say in it. I'm sure the Avengers or someone is on their way right now to put a stop to all this."

@Crow @Takumi @Sark
tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o6_100.jpg

"Dunno about visiting, but if we both make it out we'll see." Alice spoke, though didn't think they'd ever see each other again after this-if anyone from this mess of a team survived anyway. Despite her doubts didn't want to bum out the guy too bad.

"I'm still new to the whole magic thing, not too interested in becoming a mage." She muttered.

To Kate, Alice placed a hand on her hip. Although more calm since talking with Hnikar, she still had her gun at her side at the ready.

"Don't know of any Avengers, but if you say so." She shrugged, a bit miffed at being called a kid, but if Renfred were here he'd likely hit her in the head so she guessed she deserved it regardless.

@Sark @Crow @Atomic Knight @Red Team

"Yeah! Maybe Lord Odin'll send Grim or Jafn for me! If he does, they'll be sure to track me here in no time! But until they pop by, we'll work for our ideal end!"

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Sark @Crow @RedTeam​

Nezumi was a bit hesitant with this plan, not really one to trust others so quickly. He didn't fully trust his team but the fact he even did a little was a start he guessed.

tumblr_inline_pe50xc6Vtq1sfrtcl_100.png

"Keep in mind that our generous captor is still present right now, and that if he so chooses can fuck with us before we put our plan in action." He warned in a voice loud enough only his teammates can hear, a bit of a smirk and some sarcasm leaking through at calling Arcade generous. He wanted to slit the clown's throat in all honesty, but decided to be a good boy and wait on that. Survival came first after all.

tumblr_inline_pe50x1EZDJ1sfrtcl_100.png

"I'll trust your guys' judgement for now, since you know a bit more than I do..." The moment he sensed any danger it'd be fight or die, however.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Sark @Yellow Team
"I can go talk to them. We'll cover more ground if we split up." And with that, the Doll moved over, just in time to overhear Steven.

"If it's a way out you want, maybe we can help you each other." Beside Jianyu, Xiayu appeared to the Pink Team, tone casual to prove her goodwill where her masked face couldn't.

latest

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Xiayu, Jianyu's sister. Obviously, I'd never kill her, or anyone she considers an ally. In fact, I don't intend on killing anyone here, and neither do my teammates." Xiayu nodded over to the Yellow Team. "We're working to bring as many teams as possible into an alliance in order to keep casualties to a minimum until we can stop this game."

"Sis!" Jianyu perked up hearing her sister speak of an alliance, and she couldn't help but feel relief wash over her. This meant that they'd stick together through this whole thing now, right? She looked to the rest of the group. "You can trust Xiayu, I promise. She doesn't lie."

Xiayu looked over at Kara and Terry. "One of my teammates-the Blue Beetle-he says he knows of you two and would consider you all excellent allies. And you..." Xiayu looked down at Steven. "I wouldn't feel right leaving a child in mortal danger."

"Who else are you guys talking to, anyway? Because I don't think everyone will be on board..." Jianyu glanced at Vanitas as she said this. That was one creep she wanted to stay far away from.

@Crow @Sark @Takumi @Atomic Knight @York

"Seems like we're all on board the train," Blue Beetle nods.

"Well, if we're talking to 'em within these 20 minutes, then I guess anything goes. I'm gonna go talk to Shazam's team. Good luck everyone."

With that, Beetle approached Shazam and his White Team.

"Hooolaaa Shazam! Remember me? I'm one of the Titans, Blue Beetle. Nice team you got there."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark @Crow @YellowTeam

@Alex Azure @Lucky @WhiteTeam​

"Ah, no, I can't do anything like that. Knife skills and being able to shoot are what I'm good at, give me some explosives and I guess I'm good with those." He responded, though it wasn't all he could do, it was the basics.

He wouldn't delve into anymore of his abilities for now.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Crow @Yellow Team
"Knives, guns and bombs... alright then" Ben hummed, listing off his ally's skills. "Sounds like a practical set right? I mean, I can shoot, sure, but I was never a knife guy, you know? I'm more of a punching guy, occasionally a kicking guy... Mostly a webs guy... It makes more sense when you see me do it..."
@Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Yellow Team

"Yeah well I've had enemies of my own, don't need anymore of them." She scoffed, and when Eli reached for his machete, the safety of her gun was off with a click, almost instinctively, though she didn't point it at him. Yet.

"I'm not the boss of anybody, just giving a friendly warning." She responded with a cold look. She almost saw a bit of herself in the kid, and that irritated her. It irritated her a whole damn lot.

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Sark @Red Team
"Fine" Eli growled. "You're not saying or trying anything I haven't seen or heard before. Just remember: when you start shooting, remember to save one last bullet for... well, I guess you can imagine what might happen to you on an island full of killers. Consider that a friendly warning..."

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Red Team

"Alright, alright," Hnikar, slightly saddened in terms of expression, interrupts, "let's not break anything before the time comes."

@Sark @Crow @Atomic Knight @Takumi @RedTeam
"You're right, Schoolman..." Eli thinned his eyes and letting his machete swing loosely on his belt once again "We're a 'team', right?" He mimed quotation marks with his fingers "We'll have to look out for each other... and save the back stabbing until Day... it might give Alice something to look forward to..."

"That one wearing the S," Jaime points to the one in the Orange Team, "they call him Superboy, but he doesn't like being called that. And that one in the pink team has an identical logo. These guys are all super-strong, super-fast, and they've got all kinds of powers. Good as teammates, but not good to fight against... most of the time.
"Ah, 'Make sure to call him Superboy'. I got it" Ben teased, tracing the Kryptonian's movements with his eyes. "Actually... if he's as strong as you say, maybe staying on his good side might be a good idea... or at least staying out of his way. I mean--"

"Hey, got a problem with me, hoodie?"

A voice called from across the clearing

"What? Why would I--"

"Can't seem to keep your eyes off me, pal. Hope you and Blue Bottle aren't plotting something nasty for me over there. Gonna roast me alive or something when you catch me?"

"What? No I--"

"I'm messing with you, dumbass"

"Ah, right"

"I mean, even if you wanted to, I doubt you could take me out; I'm stronger than Bluey says"

"How did you--?"

"Super hearing bud. I can pretty much hear you sweating right now pal. You though it was a good idea to wear the spandex and the hoodie this morning?"

"And you thought it was a good idea to wear the glasses and the jacket? One of the two says 'I'm an Edgelord', but the two of them together just scream 'Help! I got lost on my way back to the 1970s!'"

"What can I say, Scarlo? I like to push the boundaris of fashion--"
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDAvMjE5L2kwMi9SZWlnbm9mU3VwZXJtYW4uanBn

"--You can't pretend that the Old Superman did that, right Beets?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @Yellow Team @Orange Team

"And then there's Kid Flash, who's like, super fast... and I think that guy over there is called... Batman Beyond? Like a Batman from the Future? It's really tough for me to defeat the modern-day Bats with my current arsenal, I can't imagine even coming close to going toe-to-toe with a futuristic one."

"If the Titans can handle a Robin on their team, I'm sure you're a great addition to the Yellow Team, Nezumi," Jaime adds. Well, as long as 'no-nonsense' wasn't combined with 'brat', he was A-OK. Plus, this guy felt a lot more approachable than a certain Robin on a first impression.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark @Crow @YellowTeam
latest

"HopingThere'sRoomForAFlashOnYourTeamTooRightBlue?" Wally stopped himself mid-verse, slowing his breathing and quashing his rushing thoughts. Smoke still pouring from his boots, he continued speaking in a calmer tone ."Oh, yeah. You're not my Beetle. Guess I ain't your Flash either, but... from what I've seen from the World's I've been to, there sorta seems to be a sorta rhyme... a pattern, when it comes to parallel worlds. The way I see it, a Titan is a titan. Whatever you're planning, I'm in"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @Yellow Team @Orange Team
"Hey... Terry, right? Just call me Kara." She said, trailing off a little after she introduced herself.
"Oh, wow" Terry responded in a daze, a ghostly stare in his eyes "Kara? I haven't seen you since... well, my Kara since..." He rocked his head from side to side for a moment, forcing the confusion from his head "Time is complicated. What I'm trying to say is that..." You die horrible in my timeline. Very horribly. "Its nice to see a familiar face"
@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @York @Pink Team
"You're not okay with this whole 'killing' thing, are you?" She asked, seeming a little uneasy just talking about it.

As much as she acted rashly every so often, there were just some lines she didn't like to cross. Killing someone was one of them.
"Killing... is something that no-one should ever be 'okay' with... I mean... its a disease. Its an infection. It eats you up from the inside. Make you something you're not. Something new, strange, different... bad" He sighed, his thoughts turning to home and beyond. "But... there comes a time where fate's made up its mind: its says some's gotta die, and its either gonna be you or the guy with his hands around your throat... or the guy who's got his hands around hundreds of people's throats all at once. I mean.. Its never justified... its a last resort. But sometime's you've got to make sacrifices. So other people don't have to. You've gotta to what you've gotta do for the greater good... Not that there's any good here..."
"Jianyu," the former Doll said, correcting Terry. "Not even my real name, but whatever. I just gotta get off this stupid island, then I'm never being called that again!"

As Kara called out, Jianyu couldn't help but smile a little. Ooh, she was fiery. Either they'd get along or be at each other's throats...but for Xiayu's sake, Jianyu would try for the former. "Hell no, I don't wanna kill people! It was bad enough that I had to do it while brainwashed, I don't wanna have to do it when I have control of my body!"

@York @Sark @Atomic Knight
"Ah, right. Jianyu" Terry went silent for a moment, collecting himself "If I'm crossing a line, let me know... but if you don't like the name, why not just... call yourself something else? Pick a new name or something?"
@York @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Pink Team

"Gee 1:64, how generous." Instead she commented on the odds and a certain thing Arcade said to her teammate. "Well if everyone just charges each other, that's not really dynamic isn't? Shouldn't you try and get the excitement going longer to raise the stakes?" Loa wasn't really sure what she was doing but it seemed like the right thing to do. Lord...she didn't really want this to be her last days on this Earth.

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Green Team
"Oh, don't worry. This thing isn't gonna be over in a heart-beat... well, it will end with one last heart-beat, but I'm sure you get what I mean..." Arcade's cheeks twisted into a sick smile.
View attachment 3641
"You know, you'd think this High School Splatter House thing would leave you skinning each other for pelts in the first 5 minutes, right?
But it never really goes that way. Its a slow burn. I'm going to push you. I'm going to push you until you snap then push some more. I'll break every single one of you.
Your moral codes wont save you. Your sense of mercy wont save you. Your parents.Your friends. None of them can keep you safe now.
By the end of the week, the little monsters inside you all will have come scurrying out.
By the end of the week, you'll be murders, and you'll find yourself thanking me for all the fun you've had. And when that time comes, it'll be worth the wait. Believe me, Loa. There will be excitement. I only hope you'll live long enough to see it"

@Minerva @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Green Team
Laura meanwhile had a different approach.

"If we are the lions , then you are a vulture." She wasn't interested to hear anything this man had to sell. "If you are such a gracious game master that you imply then you shouldn't be hear whispering into our ears." As long as he was here he'd try to squirm his way into somebody's mind and Laura wasn't going to allow that to happen.

@Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @York @blue Team
"Oh, no, you're not following. The Vulture is a different guy. Bald. Skinny. Robs banks with some giant green armpit wings? Ring a bell?"
Arcade's smile was unwavering, his eyes still glowing with a childish vanity.

"Believe me, Laura, I'm far more gracious that I used to be; this time, I'm giving you all a chance. I could have killed every last one of you whilst you were in stasis. It would have been easy. Boring, but easy. Instead, I'm letting you sing for your supper. I'm giving you hope, Weapon Hex. You of all people shouldn't be complaining; your odds are far better than say, Loa's. Lighten up. Let your hair down. Wouldn't kill you to smile now, would it?"
❝ Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not entirely on board with this game. You just happened to pull me away before I could finish what I started, and honestly, it's only convenient for me that I have some poor saps to take my anger out on. ❞ The masked boy scoffed. It was true. He was in the middle of something important. Something that actually had meaning to his dark heart. It would've been a real treat if this competition had a familiar face in it. If only he could choke the life out of Ventus, the boy with the heart of pure light...

But for now, he would have to settle for this, maybe get a little stronger. Or maybe, if someone else fit that specific criteria...

@Jeremi @Minerva @Sark
@GreenTeam
"Oh, you sweet talker" Arcade cried through a beam "I knew I'd like at least one of you. Take out all your fury, Vanitus, and you might just get another shot at your vengeance, and you'll leave with a plethora of new ways to inflict hurt to boot. Keep that in mind once the killing starts; every other team here stands between you and your duty to kill that boy..."
@Jeremi @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Green Team
"You're not the only one finding that strange," Beetle says to Xiayu, "on one hand, it does give us - and them too - some kind of upper hand. On the other... I'm really not looking forward to killing some guys with familiar-looking symbols of hope that I've seen on the League's roster, or anyone, really. If Arcade's as B-list as Scarlet Spider here says, then I say we go for the plan...
and I think I know how to start it out."

@Yun Lee @Sark @Takumi @Crow @YellowTeam

@Crow @Takumi @Sark
"You said before that Scarlet Spider and I know almost everyone, que? I was thinking that the first step would be a few basic baby steps with that as our advantage. Assuming this Terry guy took the mantle directly from the man himself and not a certain successor..." Beetle coughed for a bit, "he should have all the Batman rules, no killing, villains beware, all the mojo. And that Super... girl over there on the same team, we should be able to trust her. The other super-guy with the glasses, I'm not so sure. He was working with Lex Luthor before being rec'd for the Titans, plus he's a bit hot-headed. Can't forget Kid Flash. He was one of the OG Titans during Nightwing's era. You can count on me for some Titano-e'-Titano talk. Shazam over there's a League member, and a League member you can trust pretty well.

What I'm saying is that if we're not planning on beating anyone, we should be planning on joining and uniting them. I am a team worker, after all."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @Sark @YellowTeam
Terry's smile shine through his mask as he made his way towards the Yellow Team.
"I don't know if I have all the mojo had back in his day, but you can count me in on this whole Alliance thing you've got going over here. We've got a Kryptonian, an Argonian, a Speedster and a Reach. Throw Batson into the mix and we've got ourselves a Justice League. If we can get the other 20ish guys on board, we'd be looking at a Justice Legion. I don't see this Arcade stopping a coup like that"
@Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @Crow @Lucky
"!!!"
"R-Right. Well...that Pink Team, with those two you mentioned...he mentioned two Dolls, and the girl there...she's my twin sister. If we only have twenty minutes, then that group should be the first place to start."
"Yup, the Pink Team sounds great. Maybe we should move on to the Orange and White Teams in any order after that... maybe White before Orange, Shazam's leagues easier to negotiate with than a team with Superboy, even if Kid Flash is on his team."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Sark @Takumi @YellowTeam
"Orange Team's on board" Bucky muttered, clicking the safety off of his side-arm. Rolling a spare clip across the fingers of his vibranium arm, he placed himself along the edge of the coalition's ring. "I was never one for taking orders to begin with. I'm not about to dance to this guy's tune. My guess is that the Kid's in" He made a vague gesture in Superboy's direction. "And the Fast One already has his name on the guest list--"

"You in two, Wings?"

"Of course, Ben" Angel muttered, following in the Winter Solider's footsteps. "I can't bring myself to take another's life. I won't do it. If dying is what it takes to keep that, promise, so be it--"

"Alright, I guess. Bit of a downer way to join the club, but to each his own. Welcome to the Avengers, Warren!"

"We're not the--"
Billy Baston/ Shazam

Billy had only been half-listening to Arcade's whole speech. Actually about half-way through the speech, he had started to fiddle with his hand, waiting to see when he was done. He would finally get to the part about teams. " Well, it looks like the four of us are team members. I'm not really big on the idea of killing, though I already miss my family. I'm Billy Baston, but I am better known as Shazam," he said. As he said the name, a lightning bolt would strike him and he would stand in his adult form, running a hand through his darkened hair. " So, what about the rest of you?" He asked.
cyclops-scott-summers-marvel-vs-capcom-2-new-age-of-heroes-1.67.jpg

"The name's Summers, pal. Folks call me Scott" The X-Man extended a palm, not surprised by the boy's sudden transformation."I'm hardly thrilled to be here, but I'm sure there's gonna be a way out. Some kind of... loop hole. A bloodless solution. Us mutants... we've got to stick together. We've got to protect our name... and I don't see murder as being the smartest way to do that..."
@Alex Azure @dark @Lucky @White Team
Henry Hart/ Kid Danger

" Well, that seemed like a really long speech to just tell us he wanted us to murder each other. I am not a fan of the idea of killing, even if it means I will be forgotten by people. I'm Henry Hart, though back home, I'm known as Kid Danger,"
he said, offering his hand to shake his teammate's hand as he would look to see who was a threat and who he could work with. He was sure that they could beat one villain. There was one villain and thirty two semi-heroes here. " So what are your guys name and stance?" He asked.

@Sark @Alex Azure @dark @White and Purple Team
View attachment 3643
"Shush. Thinking" Amadeus muttered, hammering his temples and letting his thoughts flow unhindered. "Wait. No. Sorry. I'm Cho. Amadues to those who like a mouthful. I'm not a killer, and hey, I got some smarts. Real smarts. Got anything that could help a guy out here? Like... powers? Or something to drown out the noise? Got a lotta info to take in... lotta factors..."
@Lucky @Alex Azure @dark @Purple Team
Oh.

Hell.

No.

"You know? I've had enough of this whole 'let's not kill each other' thing. Its so... lame. If you want peace, go to a nunnery. I mean, I've gone through all this effort to set up this death match and you just don't seem to appreciate it. And you know what? I don't think you respect me, and that's real sad.. because everyone knows that respect is the foundation of any health relationship..."
View attachment 3642
"I think you all need a reminder of who's wearing the pants here... Me"

"You're not in Kansas anymore, kids! You're in my domain. I'm the one dealing the cards, and it appears as if you've forgotten that it's that House that always wins.

So you've forced my hand here. You could have just listened. You could have just played along. But no. What happens next is on you"

With a wave of his hand, a ribbon of light erupted from the earth at their feet, whipping up a towering column of dust and dirt in its wake. From wherever they stood in the clearing, they could all feel the heat of the blast on their skin.

"Einey...meenie... minie... mine"

A scream rippled across the island. Arcade's fingers lined up with the Scarlet Spider's forehead. The intensity of the screams increased as the snake of light writhed its way deeper into his forehead.

"We could have avoid all this mess. Ben here could have lived for another couple of days. His odds of surviving were... middling. I'd say he could have lived to day 3. He could have said his prayers. Though about his family some more. Righted some wrongs. Died for something that would make Uncle Ben proud..."

"Instead, he dies here and now. 6:15am on Day 1. Isn't that just boring?"
View attachment 3644
"So this is it, children! One agonizing death! The first drop in the flood! Who will take his place? Who will put him out of his misery? Who will simply watch and enjoy the spray that comes when his body finally explodes?"

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @dark

"A new name, huh?" Why hadn't she thought of that? "Well, my REAL name is actually-"

Oh GOD.

Both sisters instinctively huddled closer together as Arcade made his attack. What was this?! Beetle had said he wasn't that much of a threat, and yet here he was, using such terrible power that it put even Bison to shame. They had survived Bison, yes, but it took more than just the two of them to do so. How many could they possibly need to survive this?

Xiayu was frozen in fear for a few precious moments, but a resolve burned within her that she refused to ignore. It wasn't going to end this way for her teammate, that was for sure. Not if she could help it. Xiayu pried herself away from Jianyu and ran to Scarlet Spider, forcing herself to withstand the intense heat as she grabbed for him to pull him away from the attack. Don't let me be too late, please don't let me be too late...

"Do you honestly expect us to kill each other if you decide to start killing on your own whimsy?!" Xiayu raised her voice, glaring at Arcade from behind her mask. "Don't you realize this display of animosity only makes us want to go after you more?"

@Sark @Takumi @Crow @Atomic Knight @York @Everyone​

"A new name, huh?" Why hadn't she thought of that? "Well, my REAL name is actually-"

Oh GOD.

Both sisters instinctively huddled closer together as Arcade made his attack. What was this?! Beetle had said he wasn't that much of a threat, and yet here he was, using such terrible power that it put even Bison to shame. They had survived Bison, yes, but it took more than just the two of them to do so. How many could they possibly need to survive this?

Xiayu was frozen in fear for a few precious moments, but a resolve burned within her that she refused to ignore. It wasn't going to end this way for her teammate, that was for sure. Not if she could help it. Xiayu pried herself away from Jianyu and ran to Scarlet Spider, forcing herself to withstand the intense heat as she grabbed for him to pull him away from the attack. Don't let me be too late, please don't let me be too late...

"Do you honestly expect us to kill each other if you decide to start killing on your own whimsy?!" Xiayu raised her voice, glaring at Arcade from behind her mask. "Don't you realize this display of animosity only makes us want to go after you more?"

@Sark @Takumi @Crow @Atomic Knight @York @Everyone​
"Oh, how cold and cruel of you, Miss Xiayu. So detached. So removed. I am certain the M.Bison would think of you so fondly, were he here. I suppose I'll just have to fill him in on your behavior the next time I visit your world..."
View attachment 3647
"Or did you forget I could do that? Maybe I'll set up shop there for a while, and maybe grab a few more toys for once I've broken all of you. Who doesn't love playing with a fresh set of Dolls every once in a while? Decapre and Juli seem like the obvious candidates for a Second Arena... or maybe I'll get too excited and just throw them in a good old death trap... or maybe I already have?"

Arcade broke out into another wave of sharp chuckles. He slowly twisted his finger, multiplying Ben's pain ten fold.

"I guess you'll have to take my word for it. Or take the risk that I'm lying... and what a risk it would be. I'm not sure if your sister would forgive you for killing 7 of her closest allies, Xianyu. Wouldn't it be easy to kill a few murderous strangers and be done with it? Save those you love..." Ben's screaming grew louder once more. "Slay... those who mean nothing"

@Yun Lee

"You're a lot better than I thought," Beetle smiles as he greets Superboy, "for a sec there I thought you'd wouldn't be too big a fan of this little get-together."

He waved towards Kid Flash zooming in, alongside Bucky and Angel.

"Always room for you, Wally. And with that, the Orange Team's all on deck. Looks like we're gonna be one of the best teamups in superhero history!"

And just then, Arcade popped in to give Scarlet Spider a world of pain.

"Dios mio! Are you-" Blue Beetle ran towards a pained Scarlet Spider, but before he could complete his sentence, his angered gaze turned to Arcade. "-The Yellow Team starts your little game with a roster of four. You want the 'fun' we're robbing you of? Start with equal numbers then."

Just then, near the Red Team's spot, lightning struck down at Hnikar, coating his hair and eyes with a great spark. His tone, and even personality, made it hard to believe that this was the bashful, happy Hnikar from a short while ago. Sparks of lightning were splashing from his body, and it his power radiated.

jK8VV72l.jpg

"You bring these various sons and daughters of man to this place to do your little bidding, seeing them as nothing more than toys to play with, squeezing them like plushies and moving them like chess pieces. Mark my words, evildoer," Hnikar's gaze pinpointed upon Arcade, "among the evil I will smite within your playground over this week, you will be the most vile of them all."

@Sark @Takumi @Crow @Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Everyone​

Last edited:
"Knives, guns and bombs... alright then" Ben hummed, listing off his ally's skills. "Sounds like a practical set right? I mean, I can shoot, sure, but I was never a knife guy, you know? I'm more of a punching guy, occasionally a kicking guy... Mostly a webs guy... It makes more sense when you see me do it..."
@Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Yellow Team

"Fine" Eli growled. "You're not saying or trying anything I haven't seen or heard before. Just remember: when you start shooting, remember to save one last bullet for... well, I guess you can imagine what might happen to you on an island full of killers. Consider that a friendly warning..."

"You're right, Schoolman..." Eli thinned his eyes and letting his machete swing loosely on his belt once again "We're a 'team', right?" He mimed quotation marks with his fingers "We'll have to look out for each other... and save the back stabbing until Day... it might give Alice something to look forward to..."

"Ah, 'Make sure to call him Superboy'. I got it" Ben teased, tracing the Kryptonian's movements with his eyes. "Actually... if he's as strong as you say, maybe staying on his good side might be a good idea... or at least staying out of his way. I mean--"

"Hey, got a problem with me, hoodie?"

A voice called from across the clearing

"What? Why would I--"

"Can't seem to keep your eyes off me, pal. Hope you and Blue Bottle aren't plotting something nasty for me over there. Gonna roast me alive or something when you catch me?"

"What? No I--"

"I'm messing with you, dumbass"

"Ah, right"

"I mean, even if you wanted to, I doubt you could take me out; I'm stronger than Bluey says"

"How did you--?"

"Super hearing bud. I can pretty much hear you sweating right now pal. You though it was a good idea to wear the spandex and the hoodie this morning?"

"And you thought it was a good idea to wear the glasses and the jacket? One of the two says 'I'm an Edgelord', but the two of them together just scream 'Help! I got lost on my way back to the 1970s!'"

"What can I say, Scarlo? I like to push the boundaris of fashion--"
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDAvMjE5L2kwMi9SZWlnbm9mU3VwZXJtYW4uanBn

"--You can't pretend that the Old Superman did that, right Beets?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @Yellow Team @Orange Team

latest

"HopingThere'sRoomForAFlashOnYourTeamTooRightBlue?" Wally stopped himself mid-verse, slowing his breathing and quashing his rushing thoughts. Smoke still pouring from his boots, he continued speaking in a calmer tone ."Oh, yeah. You're not my Beetle. Guess I ain't your Flash either, but... from what I've seen from the World's I've been to, there sorta seems to be a sorta rhyme... a pattern, when it comes to parallel worlds. The way I see it, a Titan is a titan. Whatever you're planning, I'm in"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @Yellow Team @Orange Team

"Oh, wow" Terry responded in a daze, a ghostly stare in his eyes "Kara? I haven't seen you since... well, my Kara since..." He rocked his head from side to side for a moment, forcing the confusion from his head "Time is complicated. What I'm trying to say is that..." You die horrible in my timeline. Very horribly. "Its nice to see a familiar face"

"Killing... is something that no-one should ever be 'okay' with... I mean... its a disease. Its an infection. It eats you up from the inside. Make you something you're not. Something new, strange, different... bad" He sighed, his thoughts turning to home and beyond. "But... there comes a time where fate's made up its mind: its says some's gotta die, and its either gonna be you or the guy with his hands around your throat... or the guy who's got his hands around hundreds of people's throats all at once. I mean.. Its never justified... its a last resort. But sometime's you've got to make sacrifices. So other people don't have to. You've gotta to what you've gotta do for the greater good... Not that there's any good here..."

"Ah, right. Jianyu" Terry went silent for a moment, collecting himself "If I'm crossing a line, let me know... but if you don't like the name, why not just... call yourself something else? Pick a new name or something?"
@York @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Pink Team

"Oh, don't worry. This thing isn't gonna be over in a heart-beat... well, it will end with one last heart-beat, but I'm sure you get what I mean..." Arcade's cheeks twisted into a sick smile.
View attachment 3641
"You know, you'd think this High School Splatter House thing would leave you skinning each other for pelts in the first 5 minutes, right?
But it never really goes that way. Its a slow burn. I'm going to push you. I'm going to push you until you snap then push some more. I'll break every single one of you.
Your moral codes wont save you. Your sense of mercy wont save you. Your parents.Your friends. None of them can keep you safe now.
By the end of the week, the little monsters inside you all will have come scurrying out.
By the end of the week, you'll be murders, and you'll find yourself thanking me for all the fun you've had. And when that time comes, it'll be worth the wait. Believe me, Loa. There will be excitement. I only hope you'll live long enough to see it"

@Minerva @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Green Team

"Oh, no, you're not following. The Vulture is a different guy. Bald. Skinny. Robs banks with some giant green armpit wings? Ring a bell?"
Arcade's smile was unwavering, his eyes still glowing with a childish vanity.

"Believe me, Laura, I'm far more gracious that I used to be; this time, I'm giving you all a chance. I could have killed every last one of you whilst you were in stasis. It would have been easy. Boring, but easy. Instead, I'm letting you sing for your supper. I'm giving you hope, Weapon Hex. You of all people shouldn't be complaining; your odds are far better than say, Loa's. Lighten up. Let your hair down. Wouldn't kill you to smile now, would it?"

"Oh, you sweet talker" Arcade cried through a beam "I knew I'd like at least one of you. Take out all your fury, Vanitus, and you might just get another shot at your vengeance, and you'll leave with a plethora of new ways to inflict hurt to boot. Keep that in mind once the killing starts; every other team here stands between you and your duty to kill that boy..."
@Jeremi @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Green Team

Terry's smile shine through his mask as he made his way towards the Yellow Team.
"I don't know if I have all the mojo had back in his day, but you can count me in on this whole Alliance thing you've got going over here. We've got a Kryptonian, an Argonian, a Speedster and a Reach. Throw Batson into the mix and we've got ourselves a Justice League. If we can get the other 20ish guys on board, we'd be looking at a Justice Legion. I don't see this Arcade stopping a coup like that"
@Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @Crow @Lucky

"Orange Team's on board" Bucky muttered, clicking the safety off of his side-arm. Rolling a spare clip across the fingers of his vibranium arm, he placed himself along the edge of the coalition's ring. "I was never one for taking orders to begin with. I'm not about to dance to this guy's tune. My guess is that the Kid's in" He made a vague gesture in Superboy's direction. "And the Fast One already has his name on the guest list--"

"You in two, Wings?"

"Of course, Ben" Angel muttered, following in the Winter Solider's footsteps. "I can't bring myself to take another's life. I won't do it. If dying is what it takes to keep that, promise, so be it--"

"Alright, I guess. Bit of a downer way to join the club, but to each his own. Welcome to the Avengers, Warren!"

"We're not the--"

cyclops-scott-summers-marvel-vs-capcom-2-new-age-of-heroes-1.67.jpg

"The name's Summers, pal. Folks call me Scott" The X-Man extended a palm, not surprised by the boy's sudden transformation."I'm hardly thrilled to be here, but I'm sure there's gonna be a way out. Some kind of... loop hole. A bloodless solution. Us mutants... we've got to stick together. We've got to protect our name... and I don't see murder as being the smartest way to do that..."
@Alex Azure @dark @Lucky @White Team

View attachment 3643
"Shush. Thinking" Amadeus muttered, hammering his temples and letting his thoughts flow unhindered. "Wait. No. Sorry. I'm Cho. Amadues to those who like a mouthful. I'm not a killer, and hey, I got some smarts. Real smarts. Got anything that could help a guy out here? Like... powers? Or something to drown out the noise? Got a lotta info to take in... lotta factors..."
@Lucky @Alex Azure @dark @Purple Team

"You know? I've had enough of this whole 'let's not kill each other' thing. Its so... lame. If you want peace, go to a nunnery. I mean, I've gone through all this effort to set up this death match and you just don't seem to appreciate it. And you know what? I don't think you respect me, and that's real sad.. because everyone knows that respect is the foundation of any health relationship..."
View attachment 3642
"I think you all need a reminder of who's wearing the pants here... Me"

"You're not in Kansas anymore, kids! You're in my domain. I'm the one dealing the cards, and it appears as if you've forgotten that it's that House that always wins.

So you've forced my hand here. You could have just listened. You could have just played along. But no. What happens next is on you"

With a wave of his hand, a ribbon of light erupted from the earth at their feet, whipping up a towering column of dust and dirt in its wake. From wherever they stood in the clearing, they could all feel the heat of the blast on their skin.

"Einey...meenie... minie... mine"

A scream rippled across the island. Arcade's fingers lined up with the Scarlet Spider's forehead. The intensity of the screams increased as the snake of light writhed its way deeper into his forehead.

"We could have avoid all this mess. Ben here could have lived for another couple of days. His odds of surviving were... middling. I'd say he could have lived to day 3. He could have said his prayers. Though about his family some more. Righted some wrongs. Died for something that would make Uncle Ben proud..."

"Instead, he dies here and now. 6:15am on Day 1. Isn't that just boring?"
View attachment 3644
"So this is it, children! One agonizing death! The first drop in the flood! Who will take his place? Who will put him out of his misery? Who will simply watch and enjoy the spray that comes when his body finally explodes?"

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @dark

"I don't think I want to talk to you anymore."
Loa took a few steps away from their captor. Not from fear but out of futility. He was a man on a mission and there was really no point to even try and reason with him. Oh wait did someone say something about the Avengers? Loa looked over to where Kate was standing. Is that...Hawkgal?

Laura meanwhile continued her talk with Arcade. "You're right, you're no vulture, just a rat. I was perhaps made to be a weapon, but my mother gave a gift that has helped me become what I am today. Empathy. That is why I am not going to let you dictate what I can and can not do. I will try to save as many as I can from your madness."

Then he struck, the man in red and blue, she reminded her of someone she knew but that wasn't important right now. She made her way towards the spider and clutched his head as she spoke some mystical language in an attempt to use her healing magic to save him.

Loa could only look on in shock and horror at what was going on. Her powers only allowed her to destroy, not heal. She hoped this Weapon Hex girl knew what she was doing.

"You're a lot better than I thought," Beetle smiles as he greets Superboy, "for a sec there I thought you'd wouldn't be too big a fan of this little get-together."
"Why wouldn't I be?" Conner stretched out his arms and threw them behind his head. As his body rocked back he seemed to drift from the ground, floating backwards as if he were sitting in a hummock. "Who in their right mind would turn down a chance to have a full entourage of groupies?"
@Crow
"Always room for you, Wally. And with that, the Orange Team's all on deck. Looks like we're gonna be one of the best teamups in superhero history!"
large.png

"Its starting to look like quite the crossover. Just sucks that whenever we all seem to get together like this, it always ends in some sorta Crisis. I mean, why can't we all hang out for a normal night on the town instead of fighting aliens or time traveling demons or... each other, I guess? When we get out of this we're gonna have to do some normal-people stuff to detox"
"Dios mio! Are you-" Blue Beetle ran towards a pained Scarlet Spider, but before he could complete his sentence, his angered gaze turned to Arcade. "-The Yellow Team starts your little game with a roster of four. You want the 'fun' we're robbing you of? Start with equal numbers then."
"Hey hey hey, you're in no position to make demands here! The Yellow Team will start with one less member if and when I say it starts with one less member. I mean, sure, having an extra player in the mix would keep the game going on for longer, but honestly? You're reactions to my little display have made out ratings jump. Distress gets the views, Jaime. Ever seen a soap opera? Same concept only with blood, and lots of it"

"Unless you're planning on jumping on the sword to safe little Reilly here, I suggest you get back in line. I doubt Paco and Brenda would be too happy dying just because you couldn't follow some simple instructions. And little Milagro... it would be a shame if you squandered to chance at earning her safety over someone as... weak as Reilly..."
"You bring these various sons and daughters of man to this place to do your little bidding, seeing them as nothing more than toys to play with, squeezing them like plushies and moving them like chess pieces. Mark my words, evildoer," Hnikar's gaze pinpointed upon Arcade, "among the evil I will smite within your playground over this week, you will be the most vile of them all."
"Quite the show, Hnikar! At last! Some fighting words! Someone has finally come to terms with the gravitas of the situation. It's time for smiting! I mean, you've only got about...oh, I'd say 2 and a half minutes before that bell goes and the kiddie gloves come off? So if anybody else has a smiting mode? I strongly recommend you get into it. Just think of what you're fighting for, right?"
"I don't think I want to talk to you anymore." Loa took a few steps away from their captor. Not from fear but out of futility. He was a man on a mission and there was really no point to even try and reason with him. Oh wait did someone say something about the Avengers? Loa looked over to where Kate was standing. Is that...Hawkgal?
[/USER]
"Ouch! Now that one really stung!" Arcade clutched his chest as if he had just been struck through the chest by a might arrow "Remind me to get a band aid on the way home... God sometimes sometimes I forget the demographic I'm dealing with..."
"I don't think I want to talk to you anymore." Loa took a few steps away from their captor. Not from fear but out of futility. He was a man on a mission and there was really no point to even try and reason with him. Oh wait did someone say something about the Avengers? Loa looked over to where Kate was standing. Is that...Hawkgal?

Laura meanwhile continued her talk with Arcade. "You're right, you're no vulture, just a rat. I was perhaps made to be a weapon, but my mother gave a gift that has helped me become what I am today. Empathy. That is why I am not going to let you dictate what I can and can not do. I will try to save as many as I can from your madness."

Then he struck, the man in red and blue, she reminded her of someone she knew but that wasn't important right now. She made her way towards the spider and clutched his head as she spoke some mystical language in an attempt to use her healing magic to save him.

Loa could only look on in shock and horror at what was going on. Her powers only allowed her to destroy, not heal. She hoped this Weapon Hex girl knew what she was doing.
"More projected insults! If words could kill, you wouldn't need breaking in at all. Now I don't mean to sound like... I don't know, every parental figure you've ever disappointing, but if only you'd redirected your energy towards something a little more productive, such as, say, murder, I wouldn't have to--"

As Weapon Hex tried to undo the Island's attack on the Scarlet Spider, she would find herself overwhelmed by a sudden wave of dark magic, the force of which would send her shooting back from Reilly like a torpedo. Once she recovered, she would find that the effects of her spell had been reversed, engulfing Ben's body in a vivid crimson fire.

"Nice shot, sport, but you'll have to do better than that. Again, I don't want to sound like you Dad or anything, but I've got to say: 'Laura, you're just making things worse'. You're welcome to take another shot at healing the poor sod, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unless, of course, you'd rather end his suffering?"

"Don't----let---him---play-you-----Larua-----" Ben snarled like an animal, swallowing his screamed and forcing back his tears. "The---hairy---Cana---C---" A scream broke up his words into fractions, then fractions of fractions, until he could barely form full sentences without tearing apart his voice box. "Canadian---- guy----will----kill----me----if-you-get-----hurt-----------for----me"

"Oh, noble suffering. Adorable. Maybe you could try pulling a hankie or two from your sleeve, witch? Might do a better job at making him feel better that way"

"Go------to------"

"Ads? You want me to cut to the ads? Sorry pal, but our sponsors would much prefer we give an uninterrupted performance and plug their product in the final act. How about we zoom in on your face instead? A close shot for you Oscar performance?"

"---Hell---"

"Cute. Save me a spot, would you pal?"

@Everyone​

Last edited:
"Why wouldn't I be?" Conner stretched out his arms and threw them behind his head. As his body rocked back he seemed to drift from the ground, floating backwards as if he were sitting in a hummock. "Who in their right mind would turn down a chance to have a full entourage of groupies?"
@Crow

large.png

"Its starting to look like quite the crossover. Just sucks that whenever we all seem to get together like this, it always ends in some sorta Crisis. I mean, why can't we all hang out for a normal night on the town instead of fighting aliens or time traveling demons or... each other, I guess? When we get out of this we're gonna have to do some normal-people stuff to detox"

"Hey hey hey, you're in no position to make demands here! The Yellow Team will start with one less member if and when I say it starts with one less member. I mean, sure, having an extra player in the mix would keep the game going on for longer, but honestly? You're reactions to my little display have made out ratings jump. Distress gets the views, Jaime. Ever seen a soap opera? Same concept only with blood, and lots of it"

"Unless you're planning on jumping on the sword to safe little Reilly here, I suggest you get back in line. I doubt Paco and Brenda would be too happy dying just because you couldn't follow some simple instructions. And little Milagro... it would be a shame if you squandered to chance at earning her safety over someone as... weak as Reilly..."

"Quite the show, Hnikar! At last! Some fighting words! Someone has finally come to terms with the gravitas of the situation. It's time for smiting! I mean, you've only got about...oh, I'd say 2 and a half minutes before that bell goes and the kiddie gloves come off? So if anybody else has a smiting mode? I strongly recommend you get into it. Just think of what you're fighting for, right?"

"Ouch! Now that one really stung!" Arcade clutched his chest as if he had just been struck through the chest by a might arrow "Remind me to get a band aid on the way home... God sometimes sometimes I forget the demographic I'm dealing with..."

"More projected insults! If words could kill, you wouldn't need breaking in at all. Now I don't mean to sound like... I don't know, every parental figure you've ever disappointing, but if only you'd redirected your energy towards something a little more productive, such as, say, murder, I wouldn't have to--"

As Weapon Hex tried to undo the Island's attack on the Scarlet Spider, she would find herself overwhelmed by a sudden wave of dark magic, the force of which would send her shooting back from Reilly like a torpedo. Once she recovered, she would find that the effects of her spell had been reversed, engulfing Ben's body in a vivid crimson fire.

"Nice shot, sport, but you'll have to do better than that. Again, I don't want to sound like you Dad or anything, but I've got to say: 'Laura, you're just making things worse'. You're welcome to take another shot at healing the poor sod, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unless, of course, you'd rather end his suffering?"

"Don't----let---him---play-you-----Larua-----" Ben snarled like an animal, swallowing his screamed and forcing back his tears. "The---hairy---Cana---C---" A scream broke up his words into fractions, then fractions of fractions, until he could barely form full sentences without tearing apart his voice box. "Canadian---- guy----will----kill----me----if-you-get-----hurt-----------for----me"

"Oh, noble suffering. Adorable. Maybe you could try pulling a hankie or two from your sleeve, witch? Might do a better job at making him feel better that way"

"Go------to------"

"Ads? You want me to cut to the ads? Sorry pal, but our sponsors would much prefer we give an uninterrupted performance and plug their product in the final act. How about we zoom in on your face instead? A close shot for you Oscar performance?"

"---Hell---"

"Cute. Save me a spot, would you pal?"

@Everyone

She had failed and that had probably been by design. "Hrn..."

O7kmHDF.png

"Killing due to mercy is not the same as killing for sport."
Laura got back up from where she had landed popping her claws as she made her way back towards the Scarlet Spider. "I will trust your judgment, but say the word and I will end it. For you," She motioned towards Arcade. "Not for him. I'm sorry I couldn't rescue you."

@Sark @Everyone

She had failed and that had probably been by design. "Hrn..."

O7kmHDF.png

"Killing due to mercy is not the same as killing for sport."
Laura got back up from where she had landed popping her claws as she made her way back towards the Scarlet Spider. "I will trust your judgment, but say the word and I will end it. For you," She motioned towards Arcade. "Not for him. I'm sorry I couldn't rescue you."

@Sark @Everyone
"A rose by any other name, right? You call it mercy, I call it kill kicking a sick dog, or stabbing a sickly Sarah Kinney. Tam-aye-to and Tom-ar-to, right? Better hurry up and make your up you mind kids. You got about... oh" He rolled his sleeve with his teeth, checking his watch without moving his 'finger gun' from the Spider. "About 110 seconds on the clock? Time's a ticking... and Ben's ticker isn't holding out..."

"Nrghhhh-----You-----Gotta-----Fuuuhh---"

"Such riveting words. I want them on a T-Shirt"

"Nuugh---pleas----M-----J----"

Ben cried, the distinction between words and screams becoming incomprehensible.

"Ohoho! God only knows what he was trying to say there. I mean man, I didn't expect his tongue to fry so early on... but I guess at that screaming must have tuckered the poor guy's voice box right out... Guess its out of his hands now. Then again, was it ever in his hands? I mean, he didn't choose to be punished for your lack of sportsmanship.. tick toc tick toc..."

@everyone​

"A rose by any other name, right? You call it mercy, I call it kill kicking a sick dog, or stabbing a sickly Sarah Kinney. Tam-aye-to and Tom-ar-to, right? Better hurry up and make your up you mind kids. You got about... oh" He rolled his sleeve with his teeth, checking his watch without moving his 'finger gun' from the Spider. "About 110 seconds on the clock? Time's a ticking... and Ben's ticker isn't holding out..."

"Ohoho! God only knows what he was trying to say there. I mean man, I didn't expect his tongue to fry so early on... but I guess at that screaming must have tuckered the poor guy's voice box right out... Guess its out of his hands now. Then again, was it ever in his hands? I mean, he didn't choose to be punished for your lack of sportsmanship.. tick toc tick toc..."

@everyone​

tumblr_inline_pe50wo7mJy1sfrtcl_100.png

"Hey, give me some kind of sign and I'll try to make it as painless as possible." Nezumi spoke up, hoping Ben could hear him-or at least see him for that matter. This dragged on far enough, in his opinion. Completely ignoring Arcade and his taunts, Nezumi watched Ben's body language carefully.

@Sark @Jeremi @Everyone

Last edited:

@everyone​
tumblr_inline_pe50wo7mJy1sfrtcl_100.png

"Hey, give me some kind of sign and I'll try to make it as painless as possible." Nezumi spoke up, hoping Ben could hear him-or at least see him for that matter. This dragged on far enough, in his opinion. Completely ignoring Arcade and hhis taunts, Nezumi watched Ben's body language carefully.

@Sark @Jeremi @Everyone

*SNIKT*

Two claws popped out from Laura's hand emerging from the back of the Scarlet Spider as she pierced his heart. She held him close waiting for the final life to escape from his body. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you..."

@Sark @Everyone

*SNIKT*

Two claws popped out from Laura's hand emerging from the back of the Scarlet Spider as she pierced his heart. She held him close waiting for the final life to escape from his body. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you..."

@Sark @Everyone

tumblr_inline_pe50wz7H6e1sfrtcl_100.png

"And here I almost thought you wouldn't do it." Nezumi spoke, before placing his hand on his hip. He didn't know her all that well of at all, so it might of been a bit odd to say but this whole situation was odd. On one hand he wasn't heavily affected, on another he was irritated as hell about losing a teammate that had intel. At least there was still some form of alliance for now. One could hope anyway, Yellow itself was still down a memeber regardless.

"Forget I said that, not the time." He added with a gruff grunt.

@Sark @Jeremi @Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back