Status
Not open for further replies.
"The name's Summers, pal. Folks call me Scott" The X-Man extended a palm, not surprised by the boy's sudden transformation."I'm hardly thrilled to be here, but I'm sure there's gonna be a way out. Some kind of... loop hole. A bloodless solution. Us mutants... we've got to stick together. We've got to protect our name... and I don't see murder as being the smartest way to do that..."
@Alex Azure @dark @Lucky @White Team

Jak noticed he was in the middle of another death arena and he realized everything was at stake if he lost. Daxter, Torn, Ashelin, and Sig and his other friends would no longer exist.

He took a breath and walked toward Scott, looking over at the boy's sudden transformation. "Name's Jak, and Scott, I'm sure we can work something out. He looked over at Blue Beetle "Thanks, Not bad yourself."

It didn't take long before the man of the hour ripped the peace apart and chose a random man on the island to hurt and that's when it became even more serious.

He didn't know the man, but it made him angry. Nobody deserved this.

A bit of streak of eco lightning-paced around the man, calming down.

" Anyway we can stick together is great with me."

The eco-warrior carried his fierce gun on his back.

He glared at Arcade.

@Sark @Lucky @dark
White Team @Crow

Henry Hart/ Kid Danger

" Well, that seemed like a really long speech to just tell us he wanted us to murder each other. I am not a fan of the idea of killing, even if it means I will be forgotten by people. I'm Henry Hart, though back home, I'm known as Kid Danger,"
he said, offering his hand to shake his teammate's hand as he would look to see who was a threat and who he could work with. He was sure that they could beat one villain. There was one villain and thirty two semi-heroes here. " So what are your guys name and stance?" He asked.

@Sark @Alex Azure @dark @White and Purple Team

"Name's Ratchet, pal. I don't really enjoy killing, but I've been through a death arena before, the same thing except I won. it wasn't pleasant. Nice to meet you, Kid Danger. I just don't have my pal, Clank with me this time.

"Save the Galaxy? The whole galaxy is depending on me? I can do it.

He eyed over at the white team where Jak stood "No way, Jak came too? Typical."

@Sark @Alex Azure @dark @Lucky

Purple Team

"Don't you dare-"

Blue Beetle's angered response to Arcade's taunts involving family and friends was interrupted.

kf5Aa5c.png

"Do not fall for his taunts, son of man," Hnikar asserted himself by stabbing his spear on the ground, looking back to the now dead Ben Reilly, "this loss wasn't within control. If anyone wishes to take the blame, or blame another, do not. Such an instinct is but another string on the puppets that we will soon become. The less strings we have on our limbs, the better.

I shall see you all on the battlefield very soon. May the best man - or ideally - group - win."

The sparks disperse, and Hnikar reverted to his friendlier state.

aKCFUAP.png

"Huh? What happened- oh, it must've happened again. What'd I miss? And how many more minutes do we have left?"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York @dark @Lucky @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
"...congratulations, foul thing. You know of my other sisters." She was NOT going to let him get to her, no matter who he used against her. Deep down, the thought of this happening to any other Doll shook Xiayu to her core, but she wasn't going to let on at all.

Meanwhile, Jianyu had stayed frozen in place, only able to bring her staff out and merely hold it in her hands. She wanted to beat Arcade right then and there, but with Xiayu right there...he might try to turn on her instead. So, like everyome else, she went for a verbal assault once Scarlet had been killed. "You...you're sick! You're insane! This whole thing is just so sick and...and gross! No one's gonna let you get away with this!! Those cameras? They're just signing your death warrant unless we get you first...and I hope we do!" But she wasn't done yet. He said something unforgivable to Xiayu, something that made Jianyu lash out in the first place. "And NEVER. EVER. Compare us to Bison ever again. I'll skin you alive if you do."

"Jianyu...!"

@Sark @Everyone​

tumblr_meryszTNTn1rj68a6o1_500.gif

Jak stared at the cameras, growling at Arcade "You won't get away with this for kidnapping us and forcing us to fight to the death."

The eco-warrior grunted and looked sadly at the death of one of the team members of the yellow team "Don't let him toy with you guys."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Everyone

"...congratulations, foul thing. You know of my other sisters." She was NOT going to let him get to her, no matter who he used against her. Deep down, the thought of this happening to any other Doll shook Xiayu to her core, but she wasn't going to let on at all.

Meanwhile, Jianyu had stayed frozen in place, only able to bring her staff out and merely hold it in her hands. She wanted to beat Arcade right then and there, but with Xiayu right there...he might try to turn on her instead. So, like everyome else, she went for a verbal assault once Scarlet had been killed. "You...you're sick! You're insane! This whole thing is just so sick and...and gross! No one's gonna let you get away with this!! Those cameras? They're just signing your death warrant unless we get you first...and I hope we do!" But she wasn't done yet. He said something unforgivable to Xiayu, something that made Jianyu lash out in the first place. "And NEVER. EVER. Compare us to Bison ever again. I'll skin you alive if you do."

"Jianyu...!"

@Sark @Everyone
"Oh at last...You true colors come shining through... Save your skinning for the other teams, Kids. You'll be needing your energy because we've only got...oh my" He checked his watch, strummed on its face, then checked it again "Not long at all before the killing starts"
*SNIKT*

Two claws popped out from Laura's hand emerging from the back of the Scarlet Spider as she pierced his heart. She held him close waiting for the final life to escape from his body. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you..."

@Sark @Everyone
For a moment, Ben twitched, struggling against the tidal wave of oblivion. It was like being lost at sea, cold, hopeless. Every spluttering breath he tried to steal rattled down his throat, only to lose itself on the way to its destination. Nothing could satisfy his lust from breath. Slipping from his electric tether, Ben Reilly fell back down into Laura's arms, his arms falling across his chest. After a few more desperate moments, his suffering seemed to come to an end. He was calm, almost serine.

"Thank... you... Laura....you've got to... make it home... tell MJ....I'm so sorry... everyone.... I'm............"

"Dead" Angel muttered, his trembling voice filling the silence. "He's gone...You... killed him..."

"That's not fair, Warren" Bucky crowed, placing an iron palm onto the mutant's chest "Remember who set him up to begin with. Remember who's playing us here"

"We... we could have saved him, man"
Conner interjected, his palms trembling in a display of confused passion. "I shoulda saved him. We all should have done... something..."

"I don't think... it would have done much anyway... Magic couldn't stop it..."

"I'm better than magic... I should have done something... I should have switched places with him... its what the real supes would have done... He'd have found another way..."

"Focus up, Team. We can't let this distract us. We have a job to do here... we've got to..."

"Win this game..."

"Warren? Listen to yourself. I know you're upset but...."

"No, Scott. You don't get it. We win, we can go home. We can bring him back. We can... get the Infinity Gauntlet... or the Power Cosmic...or some stronger magic...there has to be something.... there's always a way to fix things like this! I mean, Jean came back... why can't the others? Why can't we bring everybody else back to life once all this is over?"

"And we just slaughter each other in the mean time? Hunt each other down like animals? So that we can do what? Become some sorta.... Gods trying to raise the dead? We have to escape here. We need to get out.... we--"

"The only way out is going to be through, Visor-Boy. We can't run from this forever... if there's really a way we can bring everybody back and stop Arcade... then we've got to take that shot. We've got to get our hands dirty..."

"Get our hands dirty? You're talking about organizing a massacre, Superboy. I can't allow it. I won't allow it"

"Then stop me, 'Batman'!" And iron finger dug deep into Terry's chest, forcing him back through the clearing and away from the Spider's Corpse.

"Stop it guys. This is just what he wants...."

"Maybe so, Scott... but I've crunched the numbers... I've considered all the avenues..." Cho muttered to himself, squeezing through the crowd. "Arcade just tortured one of our own almost to death with one hand. He's kidnapped us from different worlds and times. He's trapped a Kryptonian in stasis for several days. If we all rush him at once, we'd suffer casualties. Lots of casualties. And even if we won- if we wont- we'd be stranded in some pocket dimension forever with no chance to set things right... If we win the game... if we escape and-and-and get the All-Power or the Cosmic Cube or some we have a chance undo some of the damage. We could get the Fantastic Four and we could travel back in time... we could do so much... but we need to escape first, and the only way out..."

"Is through me" Arcade smiled a showman's smile, his arms folded across his chest and his teeth beaming whiter than his suit."That's right my children. I've got the power to send you home, but to do so, you need to give me something in return. Fight. Kill. Do what you were sent here to do. And I can make everything better. Uncle Arcade can help you save you loved ones. He can release your... insurance policies. I'm a man of my word, more importantly, a man of rules"

"I've..." Cho swallowed hard "I've been reading his body language... and whilst its clear he's trying to manipulate us, I don't think he's..."

"So we can trust him? You expect us to trust him?"

"Of course not... but... If we play by the rules... for now..."

"If we start murdering each other, you mean"

"You keep saying that like its a bad thing" Eli snarled

"If he's got a way of taking us of our timestreams and putting us back, he might have a way of resurrect our friends... taking them from the moments before they died..."

"Its wishful thinking..."

"He'll only want you soul in exchange..."

"It might work. I think its... worst the risk..."

"He mention insurance... who does he have? What's he going to do to them if we don't play--"

[BEEP] [BEEP] BEEP] [BEEP]

Arcade's watch began to chime.

"Uh-oh, looks like your thinking time is all used up. So much talking ugh. Not enough killing... or running or hiding or fighting. There's no time for moral quarrels now, my Champions. The flood gates have opened. A new day is dawning!"

Licks of light began to crawl over the distant mountains, parting the fog that seemed to engulf the dusty clearing. Moment my moment their surroundings began to reveal themselves. Dreamlike shining mountaintops capped with milky snow. Towers of dark pine dancing in the wind. Paths of sand leading further and further into the amber glow of dawn until they too became one with its fiery glow.

Good morning world.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I forget to say it? Welcome to:"

bfb7f162cfa3bd6164d5c33a7fc3a183.png

Number of Survivors: 31 Number of Dead:1 Hours until Extinction: 114 Time: 6:20am

"I'd love to stay and chat, friends, but my commentary track is calling. I trust that you'll make the right decision. There's a lot riding on it"

With a wave of his hand, Arcade commanded the wind to come to his aid, raising his body far above the squalor at his feet. A dead body. Waring teams. It was just what he had always dreamed his comeback to be.

It was going to be... spectacular

After a few moments of silence, Wally stepped forward as the first to speak.

"I'm sorry, guys, but... I've got a kid at home... He's just a baby... If Arcade really does have... insurance... I cant risk him finding out where my kid is. I just... can't. And I can't have him grow up not knowing who I am either.... Jaime... I'm sorry... " Kid Flash's hand began to vibrate and quiver, shaking at a blinding speed. Fazing back and forth and shaking like a buzz saw, the Flash lowered his stance.
View attachment 3654
"I'll bring you back, Blue. I'll do what I can" In a Flash, West charged forward, preparing to strike Jaime in the chest with a full speed jib punch.
220px-Amnesiac_angel.jpg

"I'm sorry, Scott, but I've made my choice. Either way, people are going to die this week. I'll do what I can to mitigate the damages... and if I can make it to the end, I'll bring you back... All of you... You'll be reborn..." Taking to the skies, Angel began to flee into the Woodlands, diving through the trees. "Orange Team! On me! Take cover among the trees!"
View attachment 3655
"I'll cover. Wally, don't hang around too long. We've got to go!"
"You're with us?"
"No point going turncoat just yet. Things are going to hell here. We wont survive alone"
"I-- for whatever your reasons, thank you, James Barnes"
View attachment 3657

"Alright then, ladies. We've got souls to save. Orange Team a-go! Justice League Assem--"
"We're not the League, Conner..."
With a flurry of gunfire, the Orange Team fled into the Forest, disappearing into the trees, with Wally staying to hold the line.

The moments the first shots were fired, Psycho Mantis seemed to fade from view. With a ghostly groan, he disappeared, fading into a wisp.
giphy.gif

"Damnit Its all going to hell!" Eli cried, unsheathing his blade and charging into the forest after the Orange Team. "Come back here, you lot!"

"Stop! We're not killing anyone!" In a flicker of red, Scott unleashed an optic blast. Crying out in pain, Eli clutched his hand, reeling in pain from the burn. A few feet away from him, his knife finally tumbled to the ground, landing blade down in the dirt.
giphy.gif

"You freak! My knife---"

"I've told you to stop once, kid. You'll just be putting yourself in danger! Stand down!"

"Is that an order?"

Eli dragged his charred machete through the dirt, teaching a trail through the dry leaves as he made his gradual advance.

"Stand. Down. Kid!"

"I'm not a kid!" Leaping on a hair trigger, Eli was upon Scott, slashing at his thigh with his rusted blade. Countering the strike with a low knee kick, the two hopped back an inch or too, before leading back into conflict yet again.

"A little help, here, team! Get this freak away from me! He's ruining everything!"

"Batson! Help me deal with these Reds! This kid needs to be restrained before he gets himself- or us- killed, no matter the cost!"

"This area's a mess! We need to regroup!" Terry cried, leaping away from the flurry of optic blasts and covering gunfire. "Pink Team, we need a plan!"

With the treaty falling apart and the teams beginning to disperse, Arcade simply sat and smiled. His eyes fixed on his wall of a million screens. He could practically smell the sweat and blood from the safety of his bunker. Or at least he wished he could. It was such a pity he had to remove himself from the experiment so soon... well... another surprise appearance or two couldn't hurt... nor could a little adjustment of the rules...

Red Team
Katherine 'Kate' Bishop/ Hawkeye @Atomic Knight
Hnikar @Crow
Alice Swayne @Takumi
Eli/Liquid Snake

Blue Team
Hyakkimaru @Gummi Bunnies
Laura Kinney @Jeremi [/KILLS: 1]
Maeve @Hahli Nuva
Max Griffin @York

Green Team
Isabeau @Minerva
Alani Ryan @Jeremi
Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies
Psycho Mantis [/STATUS: MISSING IN ACTION]

Yellow Team
Nezumi @Takumi
Jaime Reyes @Crow
Xiayu @Yun Lee
Ben Reilly/ Scarlet Spider [/STATUS: DEAD. STABBED BY WEAPON HEX]

Pink Team
Kara/ Supergirl @York
Jianyu @Yun Lee
Stephen Universe @Atomic Knight
Terry McGinnis/ Batman Beyond

Orange Team
Bucky Barnes/ Winter Soldier
Wally West/ Kid Flash
Warren Worthington III/ Angel
Connor Kent/ Superboy

White Team
Billy Batson/ Shazam @Lucky
Jak/Mar @dark
Goro Akechi @Alex Azure
Scott Summers/Cyclops

Purple Team
Henry Hart/ Kid Danger @Lucky
Ratchet @dark
Haru Okumura @Alex Azure
Amadeus Cho

Last edited:
One person...that was all it took for everything to fall apart. Xiayu closed her eyes as the others began speaking. No...no! This was what Arcade wanted! Why...why couldn't they see that? He'd say or do anything to get them to kill. And now yet another teammate was in danger. As quickly as she possibly could, Xiayu had moved behind Wally, attempting to restrain him with her nunchaku chain around his neck. "Enough! Are you really letting him get under your skin so easily? We all have people we care about back home...why do yours make your life more valuable than his?"

@Sark @Crow @Takumi

---

Jianyu remained silent, keeping her eyes on Arcade as everything around her fell to pieces. Disgusting. People were really disgusting, huh? Giving in so easily to Arcade just because he had powers. Didn't they know how lucky they all were? They could fight back! There was no mind control, no Psycho Power, no nothing, and yet they still gave into this guy! It made her wanna puke, and honestly? Jianyu couldn't care less if they all killed each other. If this was how they reacted, they deserved to be forgotten.

The plans to stop Arcade done for now, Jianyu immediately looked for her sister, then turned to Terry, pointing at the Wally incident with her staff. "Here's a plan for you: we keep our only alliance alive so we're not floundering like all the other cowards here!" If Wally stopped, she'd leave it be. But if he hurt her sister...well, Jianyu wouldn't be sorry for what came after on her end.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @York

Maeve yawned and gathered her daggers, eyeing her other team members silently. "You ready?"

The sly street assassin walked out of the hold, prepared for combat. She had grown used to fighting in hectic battles, always on the edge of death. These other warriors would keep Maeve on her toes, but she would still come out on top like always.

"Come now, my friends. Let's end this quickly, shall we?"

@Jeremi @York @Gummi Bunnies

"Oh at last...You true colors come shining through... Save your skinning for the other teams, Kids. You'll be needing your energy because we've only got...oh my" He checked his watch, strummed on its face, then checked it again "Not long at all before the killing starts"

For a moment, Ben twitched, struggling against the tidal wave of oblivion. It was like being lost at sea, cold, hopeless. Every spluttering breath he tried to steal rattled down his throat, only to lose itself on the way to its destination. Nothing could satisfy his lust from breath. Slipping from his electric tether, Ben Reilly fell back down into Laura's arms, his arms falling across his chest. After a few more desperate moments, his suffering seemed to come to an end. He was calm, almost serine.

"Thank... you... Laura....you've got to... make it home... tell MJ....I'm so sorry... everyone.... I'm............"

"Dead" Angel muttered, his trembling voice filling the silence. "He's gone...You... killed him..."

"That's not fair, Warren" Bucky crowed, placing an iron palm onto the mutant's chest "Remember who set him up to begin with. Remember who's playing us here"

Conner interjected, his palms trembling in a display of confused passion. "I shoulda saved him. We all should have done... something..."

"I'm better than magic... I should have done something... I should have switched places with him... its what the real supes would have done... He'd have found another way..."

"Focus up, Team. We can't let this distract us. We have a job to do here... we've got to..."

"Win this game..."

"No, Scott. You don't get it. We win, we can go home. We can bring him back. We can... get the Infinity Gauntlet... or the Power Cosmic...or some stronger magic...there has to be something.... there's always a way to fix things like this! I mean, Jean came back... why can't the others? Why can't we bring everybody else back to life once all this is over?"

"And we just slaughter each other in the mean time? Hunt each other down like animals? So that we can do what? Become some sorta.... Gods trying to raise the dead? We have to escape here. We need to get out.... we--"

"The only way out is going to be through, Visor-Boy. We can't run from this forever... if there's really a way we can bring everybody back and stop Arcade... then we've got to take that shot. We've got to get our hands dirty..."

"Get our hands dirty? You're talking about organizing a massacre, Superboy. I can't allow it. I won't allow it"

"Then stop me, 'Batman'!" And iron finger dug deep into Terry's chest, forcing him back through the clearing and away from the Spider's Corpse.

"Maybe so, Scott... but I've crunched the numbers... I've considered all the avenues..." Cho muttered to himself, squeezing through the crowd. "Arcade just tortured one of our own almost to death with one hand. He's kidnapped us from different worlds and times. He's trapped a Kryptonian in stasis for several days. If we all rush him at once, we'd suffer casualties. Lots of casualties. And even if we won- if we wont- we'd be stranded in some pocket dimension forever with no chance to set things right... If we win the game... if we escape and-and-and get the All-Power or the Cosmic Cube or some we have a chance undo some of the damage. We could get the Fantastic Four and we could travel back in time... we could do so much... but we need to escape first, and the only way out..."

"Is through me" Arcade smiled a showman's smile, his arms folded across his chest and his teeth beaming whiter than his suit."That's right my children. I've got the power to send you home, but to do so, you need to give me something in return. Fight. Kill. Do what you were sent here to do. And I can make everything better. Uncle Arcade can help you save you loved ones. He can release your... insurance policies. I'm a man of my word, more importantly, a man of rules"

"I've..." Cho swallowed hard "I've been reading his body language... and whilst its clear he's trying to manipulate us, I don't think he's..."

"If he's got a way of taking us of our timestreams and putting us back, he might have a way of resurrect our friends... taking them from the moments before they died..."

"He mention insurance... who does he have? What's he going to do to them if we don't play--"

"Uh-oh, looks like your thinking time is all used up. So much talking ugh. Not enough killing... or running or hiding or fighting. There's no time for moral quarrels now, my Champions. The flood gates have opened. A new day is dawning!"

Licks of light began to crawl over the distant mountains, parting the fog that seemed to engulf the dusty clearing. Moment my moment their surroundings began to reveal themselves. Dreamlike shining mountaintops capped with milky snow. Towers of dark pine dancing in the wind. Paths of sand leading further and further into the amber glow of dawn until they too became one with its fiery glow.

Good morning world.

Number of Survivors: 31 Number of Dead:1 Hours until Extinction: 114 Time: 6:20am

"I'd love to stay and chat, friends, but my commentary track is calling. I trust that you'll make the right decision. There's a lot riding on it"

With a wave of his hand, Arcade commanded the wind to come to his aid, raising his body far above the squalor at his feet. A dead body. Waring teams. It was just what he had always dreamed his comeback to be.

"I'm sorry, guys, but... I've got a kid at home... He's just a baby... If Arcade really does have... insurance... I cant risk him finding out where my kid is. I just... can't. And I can't have him grow up not knowing who I am either.... Jaime... I'm sorry... " Kid Flash's hand began to vibrate and quiver, shaking at a blinding speed. Fazing back and forth and shaking like a buzz saw, the Flash lowered his stance.
View attachment 3648
"I'll bring you back, Blue. I'll do what I can" In a Flash, West charged forward, preparing to strike Jaime in the chest with a full speed jib punch.
220px-Amnesiac_angel.jpg

"I'm sorry, Scott, but I've made my choice. Either way, people are going to die this week. I'll do what I can to mitigate the damages... and if I can make it to the end, I'll bring you back... All of you... You'll be reborn..." Taking to the skies, Angel began to flee into the Woodlands, diving through the trees. "Orange Team! On me! Take cover among the trees!"
View attachment 3650
"You're with us?"
"No point going turncoat just yet. Things are going to hell here. We wont survive alone"
View attachment 3651
"Alright then, ladies. We've got souls to save. Orange Team a-go! Justice League Assem--"
With a flurry of gunfire, the Orange Team fled into the Forest, disappearing into the trees, with Wally staying to hold the line.

The moments the first shots were fired, Psycho Mantis seemed to fade from view. With a ghostly groan, he disappeared, fading into a wisp.
giphy.gif

"Damnit Its all going to hell!" Eli cried, unsheathing his blade and charging into the forest after the Orange Team. "Come back here, you lot!"

"Stop! We're not killing anyone!" In a flicker of red, Scott unleashed an optic blast. Crying out in pain, Eli clutched his hand, reeling in pain from the burn. A few feet away from him, his knife finally tumbled to the ground, landing blade down in the dirt.
giphy.gif

"You freak! My knife---"

"I've told you to stop once, kid. You'll just be putting yourself in danger! Stand down!"

"Is that an order?"

Eli dragged his charred machete through the dirt, teaching a trail through the dry leaves as he made his gradual advance.

"Stand. Down. Kid!"

"I'm not a kid!" Leaping on a hair trigger, Eli was upon Scott, slashing at his thigh with his rusted blade. Countering the strike with a low knee kick, the two hopped back an inch or too, before leading back into conflict yet again.

"A little help, here, team! Get this freak away from me! He's ruining everything!"

"Batson! Help me deal with these Reds! This kid needs to be restrained before he gets himself- or us- killed, no matter the cost!"

"This area's a mess! We need to regroup!" Terry cried, leaping away from the flurry of optic blasts and covering gunfire. "Pink Team, we need a plan!"

With the treaty falling apart and the teams beginning to disperse, Arcade simply sat and smiled. His eyes fixed on his wall of a million screens. He could practically smell the sweat and blood from the safety of his bunker. Or at least he wished he could. It was such a pity he had to remove himself from the experiment so soon... well... another surprise appearance or two couldn't hurt... nor could a little adjustment of the rules...

Red Team
Hnikar @Crow
Alice Swayne @Takumi
Eli/Liquid Snake

Blue Team
Maeve @Hahli Nuva
Mac Griffin @York

Green Team
Isabeau @Minerva
Alani Ryan @Jeremi
Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies

Yellow Team
Nezumi @Takumi
Jaime Reyes @Crow
Xiayu @Yun Lee

Pink Team
Kara/ Supergirl @York
Jianyu @Yun Lee

Orange Team
Wally West/ Kid Flash
Connor Kent/ Superboy

White Team
Jak/Mar @dark
Goro Akechi @Alex Azure
Scott Summers/Cyclops

Purple Team
Ratchet @dark
Haru Okumura @Alex Azure
Amadeus Cho

"But none of us did, and now he's dead," Laura interjected placing Ben's body gently on the ground. Before anything else could be said though all hell broke lose. It was clear that the situation needed to be contained somehow. And that was to get rid of the trouble makers.

As Laura made her way towards Eli and Cyclops Loa started to wake up and realize who was standing in front of her. "M-Mister Summers? But you're supposed to be de-" Wait was that Mister Worthington as well? As the young mutant was pondering this Laura leaped into action.

The man with the visor was only defending himself. It was the blond boy that was the current problem. Again Laura uttered some magical words and pointed her hand towards Eli as red magical energies escaped from her palm.

HgeQbiw.png

She called this spell Hexagone and if it connected would send the blond boy somewhere away from here with out killing him.​

@Sark

Maeve yawned and gathered her daggers, eyeing her other team members silently. "You ready?"

The sly street assassin walked out of the hold, prepared for combat. She had grown used to fighting in hectic battles, always on the edge of death. These other warriors would keep Maeve on her toes, but she would still come out on top like always.

"Sheet your blades," Laura commanded towards Maeve. "We're trying to contain this, not make it worse."

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @BlueTeam

Loa meanwhile looked around the forming battlefield. "Where did the kid in the gas mask go?" She called out to her teammates. "Wasn't he supposed to be on our team?" This was starting to become a bit too much for her. "What should we be doing? That doesn't involve any killing," She added shooting a glare at Vanitas when she said it.

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @GreenTeam

"Win this game..."

Good morning world.

View attachment 3648
220px-Amnesiac_angel.jpg

View attachment 3650
"You're with us?"
View attachment 3651

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"You freak! My knife---"

"Is that an order?"

"Stand. Down. Kid!"

Red Team
Hnikar @Crow
Alice Swayne @Takumi
Eli/Liquid Snake

Blue Team
Maeve @Hahli Nuva
Mac Griffin @York

Green Team
Isabeau @Minerva
Alani Ryan @Jeremi
Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies

Yellow Team
Nezumi @Takumi
Jaime Reyes @Crow
Xiayu @Yun Lee

Pink Team
Kara/ Supergirl @York
Jianyu @Yun Lee

Orange Team
Wally West/ Kid Flash
Connor Kent/ Superboy

White Team
Jak/Mar @dark
Goro Akechi @Alex Azure
Scott Summers/Cyclops

Purple Team
Ratchet @dark
Haru Okumura @Alex Azure
Amadeus Cho

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o10_100.jpg

"Damnit Eli." Alice growled, having remained quiet as the whole fiasco with Ben's death caused nothing but pure chaos. And what does the kid on her team do? Start a fight with a guy with eye lasers, that's what.

Coming to his side, whether Laura's spell worked or not, she grab him by the arm, yet had a ball of fire ready to launch in case she needed to counter any attacks.

"You wanna go after Orange Team? I say we come up with some kind of plan first instead going head on." She hissed. Orange Team was cordinated to some degree, they couldn't just charge in all out that much she knew-and she didnt consider herself smart like...at all.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Crow @Red Team @Jeremi

---

tumblr_inline_pe50x8jhq91sfrtcl_100.png

"!" The talk about insurance reminded Nezumi of something Arcade said earlier to some people in the group.

He knew loved ones, said he visited their worlds...

This man got close to Shion

tumblr_inline_pepuns95VO1sfrtcl_100.png

"Tch! Damn." That thought alone angered him, and gritting his teeth if looks could kill the smug bastard would be dead. No, he couldn't afford to lose focus. Right now he had to help his current team and survive-in this situation numbers meant survival until the last group was standing. He just had to survive long enough...

"So much for an alliance, eh?" He muttered with a small scoff. Once shit hit the fan, he was by Jamie's side in an instant, and as Xianyu tried to hold Wally at bay Nezumi kept a grip on the handle of his knife. The hairs on the back of his neck were on end and he wanted to find a place to hide and think about how to go about some of their more powerful opponents in question.

Sizing Wally up, he already came up with a possible plan to stop him if he continued to be a threat, but the problem lied in how fast the other was-and if he could pull it off should the other stay still long enough.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Yellow Team + @Sark

"I think you're skipping a few steps here Wally. We can still work this o- woah-!"

YUxReD1.png

As he was pushed back, Blue Beetle's armour formed blasters on its back in retaliation to flash's strikes, launching blasts at the Speedster at full force.

"Scarab, I was-"

"Bzzt!"

"Yeah, fine, let's focus on keeping that head over my shoulders for now. I'll need to talk some sense into him."

Beetle continued to exchange blows with the Speedster, generating large hammers on his hands.

"Wally, everyone here has something to fight for, so if you're thinking of going at this, it won't be easy, for you or for anyone here."

Just then, Xiayu would restrain Kid Flash, hopefully successful thanks to Beetle distracting him with a fight.

"Careful, those won't contain a speedster for too long!"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @YellowTeam + @Sark

Uagx56d.png

"Well said, big sis," Hnikar responds to Alice, "we need to leave this centre area first, but... which way do we go?"

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Crow @Takumi @RedTeam + @Jeremi

Henry Hart/ Kid Danger

" So, we need to take a much different approach then everyone else. I know this is going to be a weird thing to say, but I think we should wait it out. It's not that I don't want to murder- but if we bid our time, they might have to kill each other. Though, there is something I think we need to address now. Arcade said only one of us is going to make it out of here alive, that must mean he plans on dissolving the teams at some point and turn this into a whole Hunger Games scenario. So, let's make a promise- we don't kill each other if this happens until we have no choice to," he said, looking around to see what the others thought.

@dark @Alex Azure @Sark @Purple Team

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy hadn't gotten a chance to even answer anyone else, all of this conversation happening way too quickly for him to catch any of it. While everything went to hell, he had take a moment to fly up to guess a lay of the land. He would take a fast moment to fly and pick out a spot, noticing a small Cliffside. When he came back, he would see the fighting and decided the best approach was this. Run. He would try to quckly fly down and grab Goro, Jak and Scott before heading to the cliffs. Regardless of how successful he would, he would take whoever he could to the cliffs. When they arrived there, he would glare at Scott. " What the hell was that? We agreed we weren't killing each other, I don't like this mess. But regardless of that, we need a plan for later. He said that only one of us is making it out of here alive, that means these teams aren't forever," he admitted, not liking the idea of killing still.

@dark @Alex Azure @Sark @White Team

Right. Of course. This was bound to happen, wasn't it? Kate scolded herself for thinking things wouldn't go bottoms-up immediately. She tempered the red-hot fury that erupted in her at Arcade's gross display of cruelty and power, knowing that getting pissed off was exactly what the wannabe gamemaster wanted.

Kate assessed the clearing as best she could, but there was definitely a whole lot of power being flung around suddenly and she was going to get her ass singed if she didn't find herself some cover. She made a break for it through the chaos to join her team, for she could at least rely on the fact that they had a vested interest in not attacking her.

bf2Ti5F.png

"Listen, let's not suddenly bring all the teams down on us, okay?" Kate said, looking around herself for the best course of action. She crossed eyes with "Weapon Hex," realizing full well that the woman could have killed Eli if she had wanted to. "We need cover, stat. Everyone good with the jungle?"

@Crow @Takumi @Sark @Jeremi

Wait. Hold on. What just happened?

WivBfQB.png

Steven's mouth fell agape and the boy felt his body go limp. All that had just happened... none of that was supposed to happen. It was way too quick. How could someone possibly do something so heartless? Steven had never... and probably would have never in a thousand years... thought someone so horrible existed.

"H-Hold on... Wait..." Steven tried to say more but found it hard to speak a proper sentence. His mouth felt dry. There was a pit in his stomach; a ball of pure emotion that threatened to envelop him completely. It took a moment to realize how angry he was. He wasn't sure if he had ever felt upset.

"No... this has to stop!"

Steven moved on autopilot, closing his eyes and holding his arms out to his sides. A rather large pink bubble appeared and formed around himself and the other members of Pink Team. "No one else needs to be hurt!" Whether this made Jianyu upset by putting a barrier between herself and her sister, Steven wasn't even capable of thinking about it at the moment.

@York @Yun Lee @Sark

Right. Of course. This was bound to happen, wasn't it? Kate scolded herself for thinking things wouldn't go bottoms-up immediately. She tempered the red-hot fury that erupted in her at Arcade's gross display of cruelty and power, knowing that getting pissed off was exactly what the wannabe gamemaster wanted.

Kate assessed the clearing as best she could, but there was definitely a whole lot of power being flung around suddenly and she was going to get her ass singed if she didn't find herself some cover. She made a break for it through the chaos to join her team, for she could at least rely on the fact that they had a vested interest in not attacking her.

bf2Ti5F.png

"Listen, let's not suddenly bring all the teams down on us, okay?" Kate said, looking around herself for the best course of action. She crossed eyes with "Weapon Hex," realizing full well that the woman could have killed Eli if she had wanted to. "We need cover, stat. Everyone good with the jungle?"

"Hmmm... I think I have enough strength for this..."

Hnikar swiftly grabs Eli from Alice's hands and puts him in his back, before gripping onto Alice with one arm and Kate on the other. His legs began to vibrate as they released a small extent of his sealed power, sparking with lightning. As each second passed, the dirt beneath his legs spilled, particle by particle, left and right, all while showing signs of being electrically charged.

tbNAH33.png

"Ahaha... I think I might be a bit bad with directions... so it's a good thing I've got three people to guide me... just say the word and we'll be headed deep into the jungle."

@Crow @Takumi @Sark @Atomic Knight @RedTeam @Jeremi

One person...that was all it took for everything to fall apart. Xiayu closed her eyes as the others began speaking. No...no! This was what Arcade wanted! Why...why couldn't they see that? He'd say or do anything to get them to kill. And now yet another teammate was in danger. As quickly as she possibly could, Xiayu had moved behind Wally, attempting to restrain him with her nunchaku chain around his neck. "Enough! Are you really letting him get under your skin so easily? We all have people we care about back home...why do yours make your life more valuable than his?"
"They'reKidsThatsWhatMakesThemMatterMoreYouDontUnderstandIHaveToKeepThemSafeIpromisedToKeepThemSafe!!" With the chain wrapped around his neck like a halter, frantically threw his head back on instinct, head-butting Xiayu with the back of his head.

CRA-CRA-CRACK

In a crackle of thunder he struck her three more times the same way striking her strongly in the nose each time.
"YouDontUnderstandThisIsImportantIhaveToWinThisWeHaveToWinThisTheresNoOtherWayIfHeHasThemItsAllOverIHaveToWinThisImSorry"
"I think you're skipping a few steps here Wally. We can still work this o- woah-!"
As he was pushed back, Blue Beetle's armour formed blasters on its back in retaliation to flash's strikes, launching blasts at the Speedster at full force.
"Scarab, I was-"
"Bzzt!"
"Yeah, fine, let's focus on keeping that head over my shoulders for now. I'll need to talk some sense into him."
Beetle continued to exchange blows with the Speedster, generating large hammers on his hands.
"Wally, everyone here has something to fight for, so if you're thinking of going at this, it won't be easy, for you or for anyone here."
Just then, Xiayu would restrain Kid Flash, hopefully successful thanks to Beetle distracting him with a fight.
"Careful, those won't contain a speedster for too long!"
"ItsNotGonaBeEasyAndItsNotGonnaBeGoodOrRightButIveGotToDoItIHaveToFightForThemIDontWantToDoThisJaimeBut..."

As the Reach Hammers struck Wally's chest he groaned in pain, the force of the blow sending his body into overdrive. His instincts pushed him to faze out of the way of the following blow, slipping behind the Beetle and landing a might kick to his lower back, throwing him into Xiayu.

"INeverWantedThisImNotABadGuyItsForTheKidsPleaseUnderstandIveSpentMyWholeLifeFightingForWhatIBelieveAndRightNowINeedToFightWeAllNeedToFightTheresTooMuchOnTheLine!"

The plans to stop Arcade done for now, Jianyu immediately looked for her sister, then turned to Terry, pointing at the Wally incident with her staff. "Here's a plan for you: we keep our only alliance alive so we're not floundering like all the other cowards here!" If Wally stopped, she'd leave it be. But if he hurt her sister...well, Jianyu wouldn't be sorry for what came after on her end.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @York
"But where do we go from here?" Terry muttered, his hand locked to his utility belt. He couldn't use any of his toys just yet; there was too much potential collateral, and he wasn't about to throw away his shot at escaping over a fruitless attack... besides, there seemed to be enough people in the fray as it was. Still, he stood vigilant, ready to intervene should the situation arise. "A team is great, but we're gonna need a lot of food, and water... and by the looks of things, medicine. We have some time before nightfall, but... we're eventually going to need shelter and heat. We have no idea how cold this Island is going to get overnight... or how cold Arcade is going to make it get..."
"But none of us did, and now he's dead," Laura interjected placing Ben's body gently on the ground. Before anything else could be said though all hell broke lose. It was clear that the situation needed to be contained somehow. And that was to get rid of the trouble makers.

As Laura made her way towards Eli and Cyclops Loa started to wake up and realize who was standing in front of her. "M-Mister Summers? But you're supposed to be de-" Wait was that Mister Worthington as well? As the young mutant was pondering this Laura leaped into action.
"We can exchange email's later, kid" Scott growled, blocking another of Eli's sword strikes with a low knee, sending the boy rolling backwards onto his weaker foot. Pushing his advantage, he lunged forward, closing the gap between the two fighters, and striking him in the chest a swift down-punch. "Right now we need to get somewhere safe-- somewhere far away from these nutjobs!"

"Sheet your blades," Laura commanded towards Maeve. "We're trying to contain this, not make it worse."
"No!" Eli screamed, rolling back to his feet and preparing to brace himself for Scott's next blow. "Don't listen to her! She's trying to get us to lower our guard-- so she can kill us too!" Rolling past Summers' flying shin, Eli threw to quick jabs into the side of Cyclops' knees, cutting him down to the blonde boy's height. "She's playing the game too, just like us! Only she's playing the long game. Stop her before she can---"

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o10_100.jpg

"Damnit Eli." Alice growled, having remained quiet as the whole fiasco with Ben's death caused nothing but pure chaos. And what does the kid on her team do? Start a fight with a guy with eye lasers, that's what.

Coming to his side, whether Laura's spell worked or not, she grab him by the arm, yet had a ball of fire ready to launch in case she needed to counter any attacks.

"You wanna go after Orange Team? I say we come up with some kind of plan first instead going head on." She hissed. Orange Team was coordinated to some degree, they couldn't just charge in all out that much she knew-and she didn't consider herself smart like...at all.
"Get your hands off me!" Eli screamed, spitting in Alice's face. The fireball didn't scare him. She wouldn't kill her own teammate, would she? Eli knew that Alice had grown to hate him, and he had preemptively hated her, but resorting to murder? No. He stood by what he said- if they were a team, he'd save her to the end. In a world gone mad, he would have to rely on his team's safe harbour, at least occasionally. "We're wasting time! They're getting away!" His smaller arms writhed frantically within her grasp as two smaller globs of saliva came flying in her direction. "We can plan later- they need to die. They all do. We can't let them get away!"

"Listen to your mom, Kid" Scott muttered, climbing back to his feet and brushing the dirt from his suit. "Going after them is a death sentence. Sooner or later, they'll come to us, and when they do, we'll be ready. We'll have supplies. Food. Defences. We let them fight on our turf on our conditions, not theirs"

"No! The only
conditions we'll be fighting under are Arcade's! He's the one making the rules! He's the one who--"

Steven's mouth fell agape and the boy felt his body go limp. All that had just happened... none of that was supposed to happen. It was way too quick. How could someone possibly do something so heartless? Steven had never... and probably would have never in a thousand years... thought someone so horrible existed.

"H-Hold on... Wait..." Steven tried to say more but found it hard to speak a proper sentence. His mouth felt dry. There was a pit in his stomach; a ball of pure emotion that threatened to envelop him completely. It took a moment to realize how angry he was. He wasn't sure if he had ever felt upset.

Steven moved on autopilot, closing his eyes and holding his arms out to his sides. A rather large pink bubble appeared and formed around himself and the other members of Pink Team. "No one else needs to be hurt!" Whether this made Jianyu upset by putting a barrier between herself and her sister, Steven wasn't even capable of thinking about it at the moment.

@York @Yun Lee @Sark
"What the--" Terry tolled back against the wall of the bubble, his back slipping against its pink walls. Who'd have thought the the kid had these sorta powers in him? "This is... new... Guess we've got more than one powerhouse on our side. An Argonian and a... Bubble boy. Looks like me might be staying alive after all... So what that the plan, little guy? We gonna go it alone, or sit here like ducks?"
The man with the visor was only defending himself. It was the blond boy that was the current problem. Again Laura uttered some magical words and pointed her hand towards Eli as red magical energies escaped from her palm.

HgeQbiw.png

She called this spell Hexagone and if it connected would send the blond boy somewhere away from here with out killing him.
The moment chaotic magic filled the area, the equilibrium of the battle shifted again. Still under the influence of Arcade's reversal spell, Weapon Hex's Hexagon curse began to glow with a distorted green hue and crackled his a groaning hum. As the light erupted from her fingers, its blast radius dramatically, a tunnel of light consuming the clearing.

[BOOM [BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM]

Caught in the centre of the blast, Eli, Hnikar, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Loa and Alice Swanson vanished from the clearing,.

Even with the Speed of Mercury on his side, Shazam couldn't save Scott in time, with the weight of the rest of his team slowing him down. By the time Billy reached Cyclops, he and those around him had already been snatched up and throw across the Island.

"Hex..." Terry muttered to himself "What the hell did you just do..."

-------------------------------------------------------
b50dadb40cc58c5a9f5e2dec4e753771.png

images

@Red Team + Loa and Cyclops

In a flicker of light, Eli, Alice, Scott, Hnikar, Kate and Loa found themselves in the middle of an endless white plain. The air carried with it such a chill any bare flesh seemed to burn and blister, forcing Eli to pull what was left of his jacket around himself as tightly as he could. Soon, he forgot all about killing Scott; back home, he had never felt air so cold.

"Now look what you've done, Alice. You've ruined e--e-everything!" Eli stammered, struggling to compose himself and desperately shaking off the grogginess of the shock he had experience upon hitting the snow. His arms, legs and face had turned bright red, dusted only by a coating of silver frozen sweat.

"S-Save your breath" Scott snapped back, his blue and gold environment suit dusted with snow. It had protected him from the brunt of the cold's cutting waves, but as the wind began to close, even he felt himself shiver. "No point in pointing fingers if we--c--can't find shelter. We n--eed to get out of this region. We'll all d--die unless we can get warm s-s-soon"

Eli opened his mouth to a make some meaningless comment. Probably something about wanting Scott and Alice to die. But nothing came out. He place his quivering tongue back in his head and hunched over.

"Alright. Right now we need to s---urvey the area. We n-need to get moving. S-stand around too long and we'll be snow-mutants..."

In the distance, the survivors could make out the base of a large mountain and several rows of carefully compacted trees, marking the mouth of the [FROZEN FOREST]. If they turned around, they could vaguely make out the peaks of the [GREAT RANGES] peaking out above the clouds. They were much too far away for them to have any hope of reaching them over night- especially not without heat and warm clothing- but it was enough to let them know whether they were moving closer to or further away from [ARCADE'S CLEARING].

"The Forest--- might g-give us some cover from all this w--ind. We might have a shot at getting some fire wood an---starting a real fire"

"But we--" Eli coughed frozen spit from his lips "We wont be the only ones h---heading in there. There'll be aa-nimals. We could get some f-furs if we're luck-y-- or get e-aten by a bb-ear or so-mething..."

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight

-------------------------------
3f7e1e2ec53809e32d295e6c332aaa5e.png

Shazam's clifftop perch sat directly between the [JUNGLE], the [NORTHERN CLEARING] and [ARCADE'S CLEARING]. In the distance, he could see the [GREAT RANGES] and the endless wasteland of the [FROZEN PLAINS], although the fog of the settling snow preventing him from making out where the missing Champions were. He, like the Champions in [ARCADE'S CLEARING] did not know where the Missing Persons were.

If White Team chose to follow the cliff face north, they would find a waterfall that would lead them into the heart of the [NORTHERN CLEARING], a large valley region.
images

@Purple Team

If they chosen to head south towards the [DRYLANDS], they would find region of perilous deserts and cliffs just as dangerous as the Tundra. Yet at its heart, the team would just be able to make out what looked like an system of caves running throughout the region, possibly protecting them from the sun.

Even from their skytop retreat, they couldn't make out any significant secrets lurking within the [JUNGLE], its forested floors protected by a veil of green leaves.

@Lucky @dark @Alex Azure

Last edited:
"What the-" Jianyu gasped as they were surrounded by a pink shield (fitting, really), but she didn't have time to wonder how Steven did that, or listen to Terry. There was only one thing on her mind right now. "Xiayu! XIAYU!!" The younger sister was pounding her fists on the bubble, only able to watch as Wally started attacking her twin. "Let me out of here! Get me out of this thing!!"

Crack! Wally's barrage had been lessened thanks to the mask, but by the time Beetle had sent them to the ground, the mask had broken, leaving Xiayu's face exposed. You could see right away that she and Jianyu were identical, but you could also see blood running down her face from her nose. Jianyu certainly saw it, and began pounding on the shield even harder.

"Nngh..." Xiayu groaned, winded a moment, looking at the dome. "J-Jianyu! Stay put. I can handle this!" Jianyu stared at her in disbilief, before relenting, merely watching the fight instead.

"If he tries anything else...you let me go." She glanced behind her at Steven, tone deadly serious. "I am NOT losing my sister."

Jianyu dealt with for the time being, Xiayu glared up at Wally. "If you want to fight, go take your chances with the others that are willing to shed blood," she said, refusing to raise her voice. "We don't want to fight you, and we certainly don't want to kill you. But know this: keep this up and I will strike you down in self-defense. We've already lost one person today, and that's one too many."

@Sark @Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight @York

bf2Ti5F.png

WivBfQB.png

@York @Yun Lee @Sark

Laura looked over to the raven haired girl and nodded. "We don't need to fight we just have to try and figure something ou-" Wait why was her magic doing th-

"They'reKidsThatsWhatMakesThemMatterMoreYouDontUnderstandIHaveToKeepThemSafeIpromisedToKeepThemSafe!!" With the chain wrapped around his neck like a halter, frantically threw his head back on instinct, head-butting Xiayu with the back of his head.

CRA-CRA-CRACK

In a crackle of thunder he struck her three more times the same way striking her strongly in the nose each time.
"YouDontUnderstandThisIsImportantIhaveToWinThisWeHaveToWinThisTheresNoOtherWayIfHeHasThemItsAllOverIHaveToWinThisImSorry"

"ItsNotGonaBeEasyAndItsNotGonnaBeGoodOrRightButIveGotToDoItIHaveToFightForThemIDontWantToDoThisJaimeBut..."

As the Reach Hammers struck Wally's chest he groaned in pain, the force of the blow sending his body into overdrive. His instincts pushed him to faze out of the way of the following blow, slipping behind the Beetle and landing a might kick to his lower back, throwing him into Xiayu.

"INeverWantedThisImNotABadGuyItsForTheKidsPleaseUnderstandIveSpentMyWholeLifeFightingForWhatIBelieveAndRightNowINeedToFightWeAllNeedToFightTheresTooMuchOnTheLine!"

"But where do we go from here?" Terry muttered, his hand locked to his utility belt. He couldn't use any of his toys just yet; there was too much potential collateral, and he wasn't about to throw away his shot at escaping over a fruitless attack... besides, there seemed to be enough people in the fray as it was. Still, he stood vigilant, ready to intervene should the situation arise. "A team is great, but we're gonna need a lot of food, and water... and by the looks of things, medicine. We have some time before nightfall, but... we're eventually going to need shelter and heat. We have no idea how cold this Island is going to get overnight... or how cold Arcade is going to make it get..."

"We can exchange email's later, kid" Scott growled, blocking another of Eli's sword strikes with a low knee, sending the boy rolling backwards onto his weaker foot. Pushing his advantage, he lunged forward, closing the gap between the two fighters, and striking him in the chest a swift down-punch. "Right now we need to get somewhere safe-- somewhere far away from these nutjobs!"

"No!" Eli screamed, rolling back to his feet and preparing to brace himself for Scott's next blow. "Don't listen to her! She's trying to get us to lower our guard-- so she can kill us too!" Rolling past Summers' flying shin, Eli threw to quick jabs into the side of Cyclops' knees, cutting him down to the blonde boy's height. "She's playing the game too, just like us! Only she's playing the long game. Stop her before she can---"

"Get your hands off me!" Eli screamed, spitting in Alice's face. The fireball didn't scare him. She wouldn't kill her own teammate, would she? Eli knew that Alice had grown to hate him, and he had preemptively hated her, but resorting to murder? No. He stood by what he said- if they were a team, he'd save her to the end. In a world gone mad, he would have to rely on his team's safe harbour, at least occasionally. "We're wasting time! They're getting away!" His smaller arms writhed frantically within her grasp as two smaller globs of saliva came flying in her direction. "We can plan later- they need to die. They all do. We can't let them get away!"

"Listen to your mom, Kid" Scott muttered, climbing back to his feet and brushing the dirt from his suit. "Going after them is a death sentence. Sooner or later, they'll come to us, and when they do, we'll be ready. We'll have supplies. Food. Defences. We let them fight on our turf on our conditions, not theirs"

"No! The only
conditions we'll be fighting under are Arcade's! He's the one making the rules! He's the one who--"

"What the--" Terry tolled back against the wall of the bubble, his back slipping against its pink walls. Who'd have thought the the kid had these sorta powers in him? "This is... new... Guess we've got more than one powerhouse on our side. An Argonian and a... Bubble boy. Looks like me might be staying alive after all... So what that the plan, little guy? We gonna go it alone, or sit here like ducks?"

The moment chaotic magic filled the area, the equilibrium of the battle shifted again. Still under the influence of Arcade's reversal spell, Weapon Hex's Hexagon curse began to glow with a distorted green hue and crackled his a groaning hum. As the light erupted from her fingers, its blast radius dramatically, a tunnel of light consuming the clearing.

Caught in the centre of the blast, Eli, Hnikar, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Loa and Alice Swanson vanished from the clearing,.

Even with the Speed of Mercury on his side, Shazam couldn't save Scott in time, with the weight of the rest of his team slowing him down. By the time Billy reached Cyclops, he and those around him had already been snatched up and throw across the Island.

images

In a flicker of light, Eli, Alice, Scott, Hnikar, Kate and Loa found themselves in the middle of an endless white plain. The air carried with it such a chill any bare flesh seemed to burn and blister, forcing Eli to pull what was left of his jacket around himself as tightly as he could. Soon, he forgot all about killing Scott; back home, he had never felt air so cold.

"Now look what you've done, Alice. You've ruined e--e-everything!" Eli stammered, struggling to compose himself and desperately shaking off the grogginess of the shock he had experience upon hitting the snow. His arms, legs and face had turned bright red, dusted only by a coating of silver frozen sweat.

"S-Save your breath" Scott snapped back, his blue and gold environment suit dusted with snow. It had protected him from the brunt of the cold's cutting waves, but as the wind began to close, even he felt himself shiver. "No point in pointing fingers if we--c--can't find shelter. We n--eed to get out of this region. We'll all d--die unless we can get warm s-s-soon"

Eli opened his mouth to a make some meaningless comment. Probably something about wanting Scott and Alice to die. But nothing came out. He place his quivering tongue back in his head and hunched over.

"Alright. Right now we need to s---urvey the area. We n-need to get moving. S-stand around too long and we'll be snow-mutants..."

In the distance, the survivors could make out the base of a large mountain and several rows of carefully compacted trees, marking the mouth of the [FROZEN FOREST]. If they turned around, they could vaguely make out the peaks of the [GREAT RANGES] peaking out above the clouds. They were much too far away for them to have any hope of reaching them over night- especially not without heat and warm clothing- but it was enough to let them know whether they were moving closer to or further away from [ARCADE'S CLEARING].

"The Forest--- might g-give us some cover from all this w--ind. We might have a shot at getting some fire wood an---starting a real fire"

"But we--" Eli coughed frozen spit from his lips "We wont be the only ones h---heading in there. There'll be aa-nimals. We could get some f-furs if we're luck-y-- or get e-aten by a bb-ear or so-mething..."

-------------------------------
3f7e1e2ec53809e32d295e6c332aaa5e.png

Shazam's clifftop perch sat directly between the [JUNGLE], the [NORTHERN CLEARING] and [ARCADE'S CLEARING]. In the distance, he could see the [GREAT RANGES] and the endless wasteland of the [FROZEN PLAINS], although the fog of the settling snow preventing him from making out where the missing Champions were. He, like the Champions in [ARCADE'S CLEARING] did not know where the Missing Persons were.

If White Team chose to follow the cliff face north, they would find a waterfall that would lead them into the heart of the [NORTHERN CLEARING], a large valley region.
images

@Purple Team

If they chosen to head south towards the [DRYLANDS], they would find region of perilous deserts and cliffs just as dangerous as the Tundra. Yet at its heart, the team would just be able to make out what looked like an system of caves running throughout the region, possibly protecting them from the sun.

Even from their skytop retreat, they couldn't make out any significant secrets lurking within the [JUNGLE], its forested floors protected by a veil of green leaves.

@Lucky @dark @Alex Azure

The feedback loop caused Laura to get knocked off her feet to the ground. Mental note, don't use any more magic before she can figure it out. "It was only meant for the blond boy," She replied to Terry as she got back up. "Arcade has done something to my magic. Perverted it like he's done to this place." Laura turned to face the others. "We have to figure something out, the rave haired girl mentioned heading for the jungle and I'd agree. Much better cover and easier to build a shelter when the need arises."

@Sark @Everyone

Oof...seems her amulet wasn't going to protect her from the cold up on the surface. "I-I agree with Mister Summers," Loa replied rubbing her arms together for some semblance of warmth. "G-getting a-a fire going should be important and right now," She gave a glare towards Eli. "You're the only one I don't trust."

@Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Sark

"They'reKidsThatsWhatMakesThemMatterMoreYouDontUnderstandIHaveToKeepThemSafeIpromisedToKeepThemSafe!!" With the chair wrapped around his neck like a halter, frantically threw his head back on instinct, striking Xiayu in the nose with his scalp. With the speed force on his side, he repeated the attack twice more in a heart beat, hammering her mask again and again. "YouDontUnderstandThisIsImportantIhaveToWinThisWeHaveToWinThisTheresNoOtherWayIfHeHasThemItsAllOverIHaveToWinThisImSorry"

"But where do we go from here?" Terry muttered g

CRA-CRA-CRACK

"No! The only

images

"Now, now, let's try not to blame each other, Eli," Hnikar attempts to mediate the situation. "The o- other lady is right. Brrr... if only Jafn was here. Fortunately b- b- basic elemental magic is a co- compulsary first year course. I can go beyond my sta- a- andard element of lightning- ing!"

Hnikar reaches a palm into the sky, creating a flame in his palm.

A flame no greater than a candle's was created, quickly extinguished by the chilling cold winds.

umt2RhT.png

"... ahaha... I uh... m- must've b- been the c- cold winds..."

Well, it seemed that the forest was a good spot.

"L- let's settle th- there then.

So, C- Cyclops, was it? You're a lot s- smaller than I thought. I've he- e- ard that some of your kind tower above trees and even have forests on their b- backs!"

@Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Sark @RedTeam @Jeremi

"That's more than enough, Wally!" Beetle exclaimed, noticing what he did to Xiayu, "this isn't like you! You say you're doing all this to protect? There's a line for everything, I won't cross it, and neither should you!"

"Bzzz zzzz zzz zzt!"

"Scarab no!"

Blue Beetle's eyes glowed red, as did the eyes of the scarab on his back. His weapons morphed from blunt hammers to cannon arms equipped with razor-sharp chainsaw bayonets, the appendages on his back morphing into shoulder cannons, and a rocket booster on the back for extra speed.

The only reason why there wasn't more was because...

Q6VGytW.jpg

"Scarab's going bonkers, I'm trying to hold it back Wally, so run away before I hurt you!"

The Reach warrior, heavily armed, charges towards Kid Flash at great speeds, the scarab that called him a host attempting to take full control!

@Sark @Yun Lee @York @Takumi @Atomic Knight @etcetcetc​

"That's more than enough, Wally!" Beetle exclaimed, noticing what he did to Xiayu, "this isn't like you! You say you're doing all this to protect? There's a line for everything, I won't cross it, and neither should you!"

"Bzzz zzzz zzz zzt!"

"Scarab no!"

Blue Beetle's eyes glowed red, as did the eyes of the scarab on his back. His weapons morphed from blunt hammers to cannon arms equipped with razor-sharp chainsaw bayonets, the appendages on his back morphing into shoulder cannons, and a rocket booster on the back for extra speed.

The only reason why there wasn't more was because...

Q6VGytW.jpg

"Scarab's going bonkers, I'm trying to hold it back Wally, so run away before I hurt you!"

The Reach warrior, heavily armed, charges towards Kid Flash at great speeds, the scarab that called him a host attempting to take full control!

@Sark @Yun Lee @York @Takumi @Atomic Knight @etcetcetc
Wally grunted in pain as the Reach warriors armored shell smashed into his shoulder, sending his body into an aerial tailspin. Regaining his composure mid rotation, the Flash swung his arm across Beetles shoulders and gripped tightly on his shoulder canons pulling himself back over Jaime and onto the ground. It looked light Jaime had more fight left in him than he had anticipated. He couldn't let him get close. He couldn't afford take a Reach warrior on head on... but as long as Jaime was holding the system back, he stood a fair chance of staying ahead... at least for a while. Swinging his arms around at a neck-break speed, Wally summoned a tower of air, pushing the reach warrior further from his person with all his might. His arms crackled with lightning. He pushed with all his might until the hurricane that left his wrists were strong enough to push the charging warrior from the boundary of the clearing and off into the first trees of the Jungle Zone.
View attachment 3659
"Stay back, Blue, I'm warning you! I don't want you to be the first to die here. You're a titan. You're better than this. You're better than me. Leave here. Hide. I don't want to hard you before I have to... please Jaime. Stay back. Let me do what has to be done..."
"What the-" Jianyu gasped as they were surrounded by a pink shield (fitting, really), but she didn't have time to wonder how Steven did that, or listen to Terry. There was only one thing on her mind right now. "Xiayu! XIAYU!!" The younger sister was pounding her fists on the bubble, only able to watch as Wally started attacking her twin. "Let me out of here! Get me out of this thing!!"

Crack! Wally's barrage had been lessened thanks to the mask, but by the time Beetle had sent them to the ground, the mask had broken, leaving Xiayu's face exposed. You could see right away that she and Jianyu were identical, but you could also see blood running down her face from her nose. Jianyu certainly saw it, and began pounding on the shield even harder.

"Nngh..." Xiayu groaned, winded a moment, looking at the dome. "J-Jianyu! Stay put. I can handle this!" Jianyu stared at her in disbilief, before relenting, merely watching the fight instead.

"If he tries anything else...you let me go." She glanced behind her at Steven, tone deadly serious. "I am NOT losing my sister."

Jianyu dealt with for the time being, Xiayu glared up at Wally. "If you want to fight, go take your chances with the others that are willing to shed blood," she said, refusing to raise her voice. "We don't want to fight you, and we certainly don't want to kill you. But know this: keep this up and I will strike you down in self-defense. We've already lost one person today, and that's one too many."

@Sark @Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight @York
With Blue Beetle at a safe distance, Wally finally let his breathing return to normal. He had bought himself 30 seconds with that last stunt. 20 would be all he needed to say his peace.
images

"Listen to me, Xiayu" Wally's speech began to slow again as he gradually brought his body to a complete stop. With Xiayu's mask gone, it was only fitting that he removed his own in turn. They weren't going to fight as two larger than life heroes or titans. No. They were just two desperate human beings being pushed to and over the edge. "The love you feel for your sister is the same love I feel for my kids. Jai and Iris... they're that matters to me in this crazy crazy world... And I made a promise that no harm would ever come to them in my name... and I should have been better. I have to be better. Because all I know right now is that Arcade knows he we are... I've been running my whole life, but this? This is the kinda problem I can't run away from. Arcade's beaten us. Beaten me. I have to break my one rule to save them... I will kill for my little girl...my little boy... just as you'll kill for your sister..."

I know that makes me a hypocrite, Xiayu, but we ran out of options the moment Ben got friend for speaking outta line. The only way out is through. And the only way I can save them is by letting 'the Flash' part of me die. For their sake. I'm sorry..."

Vibrating back up to full speed, Wally transforming into a red and yellow blur. In a flicker of light, the Kid Flash rushed pasted the Doll, striking her legs out from beneath her and throwing airborne body back first onto his knee. Enough to wind her. Enough to ease her pain.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way, Xiayu. I'm sorry your sister had to watch"

With his hand shaking like a buzz saw, Wally pulled back his trembling fist, ready to unleash a crushing blow to her ribs.
Laura looked over to the raven haired girl and nodded. "We don't need to fight we just have to try and figure something ou-" Wait why was her magic doing th-

The feedback loop caused Laura to get knocked off her feet to the ground. Mental note, don't use any more magic before she can figure it out. "It was only meant for the blond boy," She replied to Terry as she got back up. "Arcade has done something to my magic. Perverted it like he's done to this place." Laura turned to face the others. "We have to figure something out, the rave haired girl mentioned heading for the jungle and I'd agree. Much better cover and easier to build a shelter when the need arises."

"I..." Terry bit his tongue. "How can we... trust you? I mean... you killed the Scarlet Spider. I know it was a mercy killing, but you're spell might have just eviscerated about 6 more people? I'm not saying we do anything crazy or tie you to a tree just yet, but... We're all strangers here, Hex. How can we know that what just happened really was just an accident?"

Oof...seems her amulet wasn't going to protect her from the cold up on the surface. "I-I agree with Mister Summers," Loa replied rubbing her arms together for some semblance of warmth. "G-getting a-a fire going should be important and right now," She gave a glare towards Eli. "You're the only one I don't trust."
"I guess its s--settled. To the F-f-f-rozen Forest it is... and there's no need to c-c-c-all me 'Mr. S-s-s-ummers'. Please, its S-s-s-cott. I'd offer to s-s-s-shake your hand if I wasn't w-w-w-worried we'd get frozen t-t-t-ogether...." Scott stuttered through a cloud of frosted breath. "The forest should be the r-r-r-right call. If we can get some of the bark off those t-t-t-trees, its underbelly should be d-d-d-dry enough for b-b-b-urning... Eli..." He looked down at the youngest of their caravan, who had opted to follow the path of crushed snow Scott had began carving across the wasteland. "You still got you kn-n-n-n-ife?'

"T-the on-n-ne you fried y-you m-mean?"

"Y-eah. Tha-t-t-t one"

"No. I-ts back at the clearing... even i-f I did have it... I-I-I"

There was no point in saying it. Loa seemed to blade him for the disaster already without him escalating the situation. He stayed silent.

"We'll need it to try s-skinning some of the wet wood... to bring the dry side to the s-s-surface for burning"

"Can't you just use you l-l-l-laser vision or somet-thing?"

"Do you want s-skined sticks or a i-i-incinerated branch?"

"Now, now, let's try not to blame each other, Eli," Hnikar attempts to mediate the situation. "The o- other lady is right. Brrr... if only Jafn was here. Fortunately b- b- basic elemental magic is a co- compulsary first year course. I can go beyond my sta- a- andard element of lightning- ing!"

Hnikar reaches a palm into the sky, creating a flame in his palm.

A flame no greater than a candle's was created, quickly extinguished by the chilling cold winds.

"... ahaha... I uh... m- must've b- been the c- cold winds..."

Well, it seemed that the forest was a good spot.

"L- let's settle th- there then.

So, C- Cyclops, was it? You're a lot s- smaller than I thought. I've he- e- ard that some of your kind tower above trees and even have forests on their b- backs!"
"H-ha" Cyclops let out an uncertain laugh, his smile weighed down by a face-full of ice. "'Cyclops' was just a nickname I got in s-school. I had to w-w-ear sunglasses to s-s-stop my m-m-mutation... its a long s-s-story... Not gonna lie... h-h-h-aving a real cyclops about wouldn't be t-t-t-oo bad about n-n-n-now..."

After registering Hnikar's reference to first year courses and magic schools, a smile crawled across his frozen face.

"Looks like we run with s-s-similar c-c-c-crowds, kid. I went to a... uni-q-q-ue school too. A school for people with g-g-gifts like ours..."

Pulling and arm around his chest and raising the other to block out the find, Scott continued to push forward, desperate throwing one foot in front of the next in the hopes of reaching the trees as soon as they could.

"N-n-not much f-f-further to go now.... j-j-ust a little longer..."

@Red Team

Wally grunted in pain as the Reach warriors armored shell smashed into his shoulder, sending his body into an aerial tailspin. Regaining his composure mid rotation, the Flash swung his arm across Beetles shoulders and gripped tightly on his shoulder canons pulling himself back over Jaime and onto the ground. It looked light Jaime had more fight left in him than he had anticipated. He couldn't let him get close. He couldn't afford take a Reach warrior on head on... but as long as Jaime was holding the system back, he stood a fair chance of staying ahead... at least for a while. Swinging his arms around at a neck-break speed, Wally summoned a tower of air, pushing the reach warrior further from his person with all his might. His arms crackled with lightning. He pushed with all his might until the hurricane that left his wrists were strong enough to push the charging warrior from the boundary of the clearing and off into the first trees of the Jungle Zone.
View attachment 3659
"Stay back, Blue, I'm warning you! I don't want you to be the first to die here. You're a titan. You're better than this. You're better than me. Leave here. Hide. I don't want to hard you before I have to... please Jaime. Stay back. Let me do what has to be done..."

With Blue Beetle at a safe distance, Wally finally let his breathing return to normal. He had bought himself 30 seconds with that last stunt. 20 would be all he needed to say his peace.
images

"Listen to me, Xiayu" Wally's speech began to slow again as he gradually brought his body to a complete stop. With Xiayu's mask gone, it was only fitting that he removed his own in turn. They weren't going to fight as two larger than life heroes or titans. No. They were just two desperate human beings being pushed to and over the edge. "The love you feel for your sister is the same love I feel for my kids. Jai and Iris... they're that matters to me in this crazy crazy world... And I made a promise that no harm would ever come to them in my name... and I should have been better. I have to be better. Because all I know right now is that Arcade knows he we are... I've been running my whole life, but this? This is the kinda problem I can't run away from. Arcade's beaten us. Beaten me. I have to break my one rule to save them... I will kill for my little girl...my little boy... just as you'll kill for your sister..."

I know that makes me a hypocrite, Xiayu, but we ran out of options the moment Ben got friend for speaking outta line. The only way out is through. And the only way I can save them is by letting 'the Flash' part of me die. For their sake. I'm sorry..."

Vibrating back up to full speed, Wally transforming into a red and yellow blur. In a flicker of light, the Kid Flash rushed pasted the Doll, striking her legs out from beneath her and throwing airborne body back first onto his knee. Enough to wind her. Enough to ease her pain.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way, Xiayu. I'm sorry your sister had to watch"

With his hand shaking like a buzz saw, Wally pulled back his trembling fist, ready to unleash a crushing blow to her ribs.

"I..." Terry bit his tongue. "How can we... trust you? I mean... you killed the Scarlet Spider. I know it was a mercy killing, but you're spell might have just eviscerated about 6 more people? I'm not saying we do anything crazy or tie you to a tree just yet, but... We're all strangers here, Hex. How can we know that what just happened really was just an accident?"

"I guess its s--settled. To the F-f-f-rozen Forest it is... and there's no need to c-c-c-all me 'Mr. S-s-s-ummers'. Please, its S-s-s-cott. I'd offer to s-s-s-shake your hand if I wasn't w-w-w-worried we'd get frozen t-t-t-ogether...." Scott stuttered through a cloud of frosted breath. "The forest should be the r-r-r-right call. If we can get some of the bark off those t-t-t-trees, its underbelly should be d-d-d-dry enough for b-b-b-urning... Eli..." He looked down at the youngest of their caravan, who had opted to follow the path of crushed snow Scott had began carving across the wasteland. "You still got you kn-n-n-n-ife?'

"T-the on-n-ne you fried y-you m-mean?"

"Y-eah. Tha-t-t-t one"

"No. I-ts back at the clearing... even i-f I did have it... I-I-I"

There was no point in saying it. Loa seemed to blade him for the disaster already without him escalating the situation. He stayed silent.

"We'll need it to try s-skinning some of the wet wood... to bring the dry side to the s-s-surface for burning"

"Can't you just use you l-l-l-laser vision or somet-thing?"

"Do you want s-skined sticks or a i-i-incinerated branch?"

"H-ha" Cyclops let out an uncertain laugh, his smile weighed down by a face-full of ice. "'Cyclops' was just a nickname I got in s-school. I had to w-w-ear sunglasses to s-s-stop my m-m-mutation... its a long s-s-story... Not gonna lie... h-h-h-aving a real cyclops about wouldn't be t-t-t-oo bad about n-n-n-now..."

After registering Hnikar's reference to first year courses and magic schools, a smile crawled across his frozen face.

"Looks like we run with s-s-similar c-c-c-crowds, kid. I went to a... uni-q-q-ue school too. A school for people with g-g-gifts like ours..."

Pulling and arm around his chest and raising the other to block out the find, Scott continued to push forward, desperate throwing one foot in front of the next in the hopes of reaching the trees as soon as they could.

"N-n-not much f-f-further to go now.... j-j-ust a little longer..."

@Red Team

"Because if I really wanted you dead-"

uHxawyP.png

"You'd already be dead,"
She replied in a matter of fact tone. "I was bread to be a vessel and a tool to an unspeakable horror, but now I am beyond that. I have a life worth living for, a sister to protect a team that trusts me. I will not throw any of that away just because a fool in a suit tells me what I should do." Laura started to make her way towards the jungle. "If you wont believe me that's okay, because I know who I am."

@Sark @Everyone​

"U-umm..." Loa looked a bit confused at Cyclops. "Don't you recognize me? You were the headmaster of the school and then you got in a fight with Wolverine and then you went crazy and then you...died." It was probably the cold talking because it seemed like Loa couldn't seem to shut up.

Change subject to trees quickly. "Well I c-could probably get them down with my powers...b-but I don't know if I can help otherwise..."

@Crow @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Sark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back