Side Story Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yashamaru didn't like the sound of this. A deal with a devil. The last one he attempted had ended in blood and destruction. And yet...if there was a truth to be found in this place, something they could use to an advantage to get out of here... "What do you want, and what do I get in return?"

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Kayn and Rhaast
@Sark @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Safe House​
Safe House
"M-m-maybe so..." Frost whimpered. "But I can't help but feel like... No... it doesn't matter now..." The demon sighed deeply. "Listen to her... she's delerious. I suppose I felt responsible for her. We arrived in this city in the same location and... part of me thought that meant something. That we were meant to be a team, or something... but that dream is as dead as she's going to be."

Frost stepped away from Charlotte turned back to Kayn.

"If this thing is contagious... I'd rather we saved any medicine we have for ourselves. You're right. As much as it pains me to say it... as sick as speaking ill about the afflicted makes me feel..." His eyes met Bad Girl's. "We have to let her go... for our sake..."
Kayn smiled. Perhaps he had just been seeing things; this was the Frost that he knew. "Exactly right. See, this is the true concept of Balance--" He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes narrowing and drifting to the side. "Wait..." He looked back at Frost awkwardly. "I mean, I'm all for letting her die if it comes down to it, but we don't know the nature of this poison. What makes you so sure she will die from it...?" The Ionian stood up straight as shadows dispersed from his scythe, opting to instead hold it in place with his hand. Although this stance wasn't threatening by itself, it was obvious that Kayn no longer felt comfortable enough to relax.​

Sean let out an exasperated sigh. It was a miracle they even got to this hotel unscathed. Whatever this guy wanted was beyond the teenage boy.

"Chingada madre..." Sean shook his head. "Look, I'm probably no use to either of you. I just want to find my brother now. I'm pretty sure he's out there, somewhere, and I..."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Hotel

Last edited:
Yashamaru paused, looking to Sean. "A brother...?" Had the boy mentioned a brother before? He couldn't remember. "You don't think he's here, do you?" If that were the case, then they'd need to find him and pay his bounty, as well. Meaning he still needed to gather up enough credits for three people, even with Gen out of the picture. Or...perhaps this truth would make it so credits were umecessary.

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Kayn and Rhaast
@Sark @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Safe House

Kayn smiled. Perhaps he had just been seeing things; this was the Frost that he knew. "Exactly right. See, this is the true concept of Balance--" He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes narrowing and drifting to the side. "Wait..." He looked back at Frost awkwardly. "I mean, I'm all for letting her die if it comes down to it, but we don't know the nature of this poison. What makes you so sure she will die from it...?" The Ionian stood up straight as shadows dispersed from his scythe, opting to instead hold it in place with his hand. Although this stance wasn't threatening by itself, it was obvious that Kayn no longer felt comfortable enough to relax.​

"Because he's a little biiiiiiiitch," Bad Girl slurred from where she was laying.

@Sark @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Safe House

229px-Sui_re2b_komaruB2_2.png

❝ She has to be okay, right? I-I don't want any more people to die! ❞ Rena nervously stammered out. A whole lot has happened and she was scared out of her mind. She really didn't want to witness more death, it was going to drive her over the edge, so to speak.

@Sark @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies
@Safe House

Yashamaru didn't like the sound of this. A deal with a devil. The last one he attempted had ended in blood and destruction. And yet...if there was a truth to be found in this place, something they could use to an advantage to get out of here... "What do you want, and what do I get in return?"

@Sark @Atomic Knight
Sean let out an exasperated sigh. It was a miracle they even got to this hotel unscathed. Whatever this guy wanted was beyond the teenage boy.

"Chingada madre..." Sean shook his head. "Look, I'm probably no use to either of you. I just want to find my brother now. I'm pretty sure he's out there, somewhere, and I..."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Hotel
HOTEL
"The answer is simple. I have information. I can tell you where this runt's brother," Arcade stopped to take another swig of champagne. "I can tell you what Tormo's deal is." Another swing. "I can even tell you who you need to screw to get those explosives outta you're bodies. And me--" He shoved the bottle into his mouth once again. Foam and bitters came tumbling down his chin as he started entered a spluttering, laughing fit. "Little ol' me? I just want a favor. I'll call it in later down the line. I'm trying to expand my assets. Put some plans into motion. I can't exactly spill the beans now, but believe me; it'll all make sense soon enough..."

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight
Kayn smiled. Perhaps he had just been seeing things; this was the Frost that he knew. "Exactly right. See, this is the true concept of Balance--" He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes narrowing and drifting to the side. "Wait..." He looked back at Frost awkwardly. "I mean, I'm all for letting her die if it comes down to it, but we don't know the nature of this poison. What makes you so sure she will die from it...?" The Ionian stood up straight as shadows dispersed from his scythe, opting to instead hold it in place with his hand. Although this stance wasn't threatening by itself, it was obvious that Kayn no longer felt comfortable enough to relax.
229px-Sui_re2b_komaruB2_2.png

❝ She has to be okay, right? I-I don't want any more people to die! ❞ Rena nervously stammered out. A whole lot has happened and she was scared out of her mind. She really didn't want to witness more death, it was going to drive her over the edge, so to speak.

@Sark @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies
@Safe House
SAFE HOUSE
Frost stayed silent for a moment. His eyes thinned. They drifted between Kayn and Rhaast slowly and rhythmically. A moment later he opened his mouth to speak.

"I can't be sure..." He spoke calmly. "I'm simply preparing for the worst. Is there something you'd like to say, Kayn? If you have have a theory I'm sure we'd all like to hear it."

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies

Kayn and Rhaast
Rena's words were like nails on a chalkboard to Kayn-- though not of any fault of her own. His head pulsed in pain for a moment as memories of the Noxian invasion came back again. As much as he hated to admit it, his insanity was at level 9, and each time he thought about his past, he felt himself slip a little bit more. But he couldn't blame her. Tormo was the reason why she was in this mess in the first place. "She's tough. Maybe she'll get through it. We'll just have to see." He would give her a more optimistic response had he been a better man, but that was all he could say.​
SAFE HOUSE
Frost stayed silent for a moment. His eyes thinned. They drifted between Kayn and Rhaast slowly and rhythmically. A moment later he opened his mouth to speak.

"I can't be sure..." He spoke calmly. "I'm simply preparing for the worst. Is there something you'd like to say, Kayn? If you have have a theory I'm sure we'd all like to hear it."
Kayn stared at Frost as the air, fittingly, began to chill between the two men. The alien was right; Kayn did have a hunch, but it was nothing more than that. However, when Frost replied to his question, he was sure that something was wrong. His demeanor lacked extreme emotion (something that the demon had been expressing this entire time) and his word choice seemed passive agressive. It was almost like he was a puppet being played by a bad actor. Kayn raised his chin slightly, as if to look down upon Frost. "Maybe. I don't know. You look like you know something about her condition." He took a step closer, holding Rhaast in-between them to act as a metaphorical barrier. His corrupted eye seemed to gaze into Frost moreso than his human eye. "What did you do with the medicine?"

"Fine." He'd done worse for less, really. But... "Just know I refuse to kill any innocent people. Other than that...I'm your man."

@Sark @Atomic Knight
HOTEL
“Believe me: there are no innocent souls on prudence.” Arcade hummed. “Not you. Not me. Not anybody here. But let’s kick that can down the road. The Kid’s brother is in the Mall. Second floor. Outside a clothing store. He’s thrown in with a few of the hunted. Good people, by the sound of it. That’s the good news. Bad news is that the Hunting Party 9s are trying to bash his head in with a bunch of ye olde style weapons. One guy's packing nunchucks. Better deal with him before things go full Kung Fu Movie down there.”

“As for those tiny bombs you got wriggling through your blood stream, you're gonna wanna head down to the Amusement Park. There’s a guy down there who can help... though he might not know it yet. You’ll recognize him by his ass collar and his even bigger, ass-er head. You can't miss him. But you'll want to hurry. Things aren't too 'fun' at the funfair. They've already got one maniac in that part of town, and our mutual friend's sanity was slipping long before he came to Prudence. So get moving!"
He clapped. "Vamanos! Wash that blood off your hands and hit the road! Dilly Dally too long and well... you might miss your shot at getting off this rock alive..."

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

Kayn stared at Frost as the air, fittingly, began to chill between the two men. The alien was right; Kayn did have a hunch, but it was nothing more than that. However, when Frost replied to his question, he was sure that something was wrong. His demeanor lacked extreme emotion (something that the demon had been expressing this entire time) and his word choice seemed passive agressive. It was almost like he was a puppet being played by a bad actor. Kayn raised his chin slightly, as if to look down upon Frost. "Maybe. I don't know. You look like you know something about her condition." He took a step closer, holding Rhaast in-between them to act as a metaphorical barrier. His corrupted eye seemed to gaze into Frost moreso than his human eye. "What did you do with the medicine?"
SAFE HOUSE
Frost froze for a moment. He could have tried to pull the wool over Kayn's eyes one more time. But what was the point? The path before him had frozen over. He was slipping. Frost scoffed at his errors. He rolled his eyes and pulled the bandage from his shoulder, smirking all the while. His wound had completely healed. He rolled his shoulder and laughed.

"What did I do with the medicine?" The Demon shrugged matter-of factly. "I burned it. Better to see it turned to ash that wasted on such a foul creature. My body is perfectly capable of healing itself, you see. Leaving all that medicine about the place... why, I would simply be playing into the hands of my foes! Foes such as-"
View attachment 6191
"-you." He half smiled, half sneered, unable to hide his disgust for a moment longer. "Everything you said back at the Hotel was entirely accurate, Kayn. I am one of the most powerful men on this planet. My greatest rival stands inside this room, and I'm looking straight at him. If we were to come to blows, why... I think we'd both fall. So I had to eliminate the competition. I had remove anyone who might've tried to tip the scale in your favor." He scoffed, looking down at Bad Girl. "No matter how weak they may be. Don't take it personally, Bitch. Rena was next."

Ki crackled across Frost's fingers as he charged up another energy blast. He pointed towards Charlotte's temple.

"It was good while it lasted. This little masquerade. I think I really did have you all fooled. Poor Frost. Sniveling Frost. Weak willed frost. Let's accept his drinks. Let's keep him around. Sweet little Frost... such power, but he'd never hurt a fly!" He cooed, his power rising. "If fate wasn't so fickle, I'd have kept the act up for another day or two. You all would have made excellent protectors, right up until your last, choking breaths. I would have cried tragic tears as you all succumbed to this strange new disease... perhaps I would've even injected myself with a dash of the poison, just to keep up appearances. Still. No use in playing the long game now... We'll all be dead in a few hours. God knows I'll be seeing you all in Hell..."
View attachment 6192
"Especially considering that you're all already infected... and I'm the only one with the antidote."

Insanity Score Change:
Frost:

0 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 10

Current Insanity Score: 10

MANIAC UNLEASHED

FROST, THE POISONOUS MANIAC! CURRENT LOCATION: HC'S SAFE HOUSE! BOUNTY INCREASED!

The adrenaline coursing through Bad Girl's veins would start to fight off the poison. Her symptoms would start to fade... for now. They would likely return within a few hours.

Having ingested her dose her dose of the poison via Frost's tainted drinks, Bad Girl would show her symptoms within the next 5 hours.
Having been injected via a micro-needle during back at the Hotel, Kayn and Rena wouldn't show symptoms for another 7 hours.

"So tell me, 'Champions'... how much are your lives worth to you?"

32 HOURS REMAINING
CURRENT TIME: 2:00PM
CHAMPIONS REMAINING: 38/50/ ESTIMATED VIEWERS: 65 BILLION/ BOUNTIES PER KILL: 2,000,000/ CURRENT DEBTS: 40,000,000

And suddenly the puzzle got a whole lot clearer. "I'm not doing this for money," Eight Hearts remarked. "I'm doing it because it's right." He pondered for a moment. "Perhaps an elimination isn't required, what about an unwilling house arrest and another pulling the strings?"
SLUMS
"Curious..." The King stroked his chin. "One doesn't encounter your kind often, especially not on Prudence-- Good Souls." After a moment, the King kicked himself up off of his barrel. He looped his hands behind his back and started to base the factory. As he did so, his medic finished patching up Eight's injuries and left the scene. "But, you see... I can't ask for your help in this matter... not in good conscious. District C doesn't get news broadcasts, not like the rest of the city. The rationale is that my subjects and I are too poor to buy OBLIVION's products. Why would they waste their time advertising to us? But my nobles and I... we know things. We've been intercepting broadcasts, and... I hate to be the bearer of bad news." He turned his back to the Hunted. He hunched over, leading against a deactivated conveyor belt for support. "But the rules have changed. One of your Hunter friends leveled a building in one of the Higher Districts... As payback, Tormo's crippled your time limit. They game ends in 32 hours. I won't have you waste a single one upon us. No matter how desperate we may be, we shan't steal your final days away from you..."
"Cluth is your brother?" Chise asked with a tilt of her head. Well, then. She had a feeling that many who would want Cluth off his seat of power would rather have the King of Beggars in it's place.

She wondered if that would be the right thing for the people here in this district. For now, she'd just have to observe the man for the time being to determine if the man he was showing them was really the man he was. When he brought up getting drinks she shook her head slightly.

"I don't drink." She replied simply. Whether it was due to dragon senses or not, she didn't find much interest in it, not anything that didn't taste gross. Besides, staying alert right now was important. After the fight between Allison an Eight Hearts, she wasn't sure she'd feel up for drinking anything anyway.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @District C/Slums
"He's my half brother, yes, but our mother raised us as if we shared the same blood," The King smiled, reflecting on better days. "We may not look alike, but once upon a time we were inseparable. We were as thick as thieves, once upon a time. But times change. Our mother died. He used his inheritance to buy a few factories on this world. At the time, I was proud of him. I thought he was doing something with his life. Something worthy of respect. One day, he invites me to visit 'his city'. He gave me a tour of this place, grinning all the while. He had told me all about his employment rates and profit margins... but he had neglected to inform me about all the suffering he had caused. His employees... they were being worked to death. They were paid in crumbs. All who defied him were starved. Beaten. He told me that it was simply the way things were. He told me it was 'just business'. We've never spoken since. I did everything I could to make things right for the people of this district. I didn't want to see my mother's money weaponized like my brother had done. I didn't want all this to be her legacy. So I poured every penny I had into saving these people. Buying them foot. Repairing their clothes. But coin can only carry you so far, and even a fat inheritance only lasts so long. Before I knew it, I was a beggar, just like the others, slaving away in one of my brother's factories. One day I snapped. I turned my hammer on one of the Overseer Droids. Next thing I know, everyone else is following suit. The rest his history. Cluth and I may be bound by blood, but we're as different as chalk and cheese. We're as different as droids as men..."

While Eight Hearts and Chise were talking to the King, Narancia’s gaze transfixed on the hunter that he was following earlier with Ventress, or the general area around him.

He is an unknown variable. He knew Eights, Chise & Ventress were allies at the moment, and Allison and Juri were enemies, this man was unknown.

Narancia didn’t retract Aerosmith, it merely hovered over where the unknown hunter was.
The Unknown Hunter went back to snapping photo's of Allison's surrender, his finger eagerly tapping the capture button. He change his filter every couple of snaps. Regular. Ultra-Violet. Spectrum lens. If his time on the road had taught him anything, it was that there was no harm in being too thorough.

. He slowly made his way back towards the vent. He crawled back inside the factory, breaking Aerosmith's direct line of sight.

Allison looked at the guards and her shoulder would finally experience the pain of being exerted while shot. She would grab it with a free hand. “don’t think it matters if I drop them or sheathe them. I don’t think I’ll be shooting anytime soon. I actually don’t even care about the king being killed..... that being said, Cluth does need to die....”
"If it doesn't matter," The solider grunted. "Then you won't mind if I insist that you drop them. Just as a precaution." His tone betrayed his words. Despite his polite phrasing, the guards' tone remained firm and sharp. His weapon remained fixed on Allison's position. "Fail to comply and we will be forced to open fire! Drop the weapon! No sudden movements!"

@Lucky @Capri @Jeremi @Takumi

HOTEL
“Believe me: there are no innocent souls on prudence.” Arcade hummed. “Not you. Not me. Not anybody here. But let’s kick that can down the road. The Kid’s brother is in the Mall. Second floor. Outside a clothing store. He’s thrown in with a few of the hunted. Good people, by the sound of it. That’s the good news. Bad news is that the Hunting Party 9s are trying to bash his head in with a bunch of ye olde style weapons. One guy's packing nunchucks. Better deal with him before things go full Kung Fu Movie down there.”

“As for those tiny bombs you got wriggling through your blood stream, you're gonna wanna head down to the Amusement Park. There’s a guy down there who can help... though he might not know it yet. You’ll recognize him by his ass collar and his even bigger, ass-er head. You can't miss him. But you'll want to hurry. Things aren't too 'fun' at the funfair. They've already got one maniac in that part of town, and our mutual friend's sanity was slipping long before he came to Prudence. So get moving!"
He clapped. "Vamanos! Wash that blood off your hands and hit the road! Dilly Dally too long and well... you might miss your shot at getting off this rock alive..."

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

SAFE HOUSE
Frost froze for a moment. He could have tried to pull the wool over Kayn's eyes one more time. But what was the point? The path before him had frozen over. He was slipping. Frost scoffed at his errors. He rolled his eyes and pulled the bandage from his shoulder, smirking all the while. His wound had completely healed. He rolled his shoulder and laughed.

"What did I do with the medicine?" The Demon shrugged matter-of factly. "I burned it. Better to see it turned to ash that wasted on such a foul creature. My body is perfectly capable of healing itself, you see. Leaving all that medicine about the place... why, I would simply be playing into the hands of my foes! Foes such as-"
View attachment 6191
"-you." He half smiled, half sneered, unable to hide his disgust for a moment longer. "Everything you said back at the Hotel was entirely accurate, Kayn. I am one of the most powerful men on this planet. My greatest rival stands inside this room, and I'm looking straight at him. If we were to come to blows, why... I think we'd both fall. So I had to eliminate the competition. I had remove anyone who might've tried to tip the scale in your favor." He scoffed, looking down at Bad Girl. "No matter how weak they may be. Don't take it personally, Bitch. Rena was next."

Ki crackled across Frost's fingers as he charged up another energy blast. He pointed towards Charlotte's temple.

"It was good while it lasted. This little masquerade. I think I really did have you all fooled. Poor Frost. Sniveling Frost. Weak willed frost. Let's accept his drinks. Let's keep him around. Sweet little Frost... such power, but he'd never hurt a fly!" He cooed, his power rising. "If fate wasn't so fickle, I'd have kept the act up for another day or two. You all would have made excellent protectors, right up until your last, choking breaths. I would have cried tragic tears as you all succumbed to this strange new disease... perhaps I would've even injected myself with a dash of the poison, just to keep up appearances. Still. No use in playing the long game now... We'll all be dead in a few hours. God knows I'll be seeing you all in Hell..."
View attachment 6192
"Especially considering that you're all already infected... and I'm the only one with the antidote."

Insanity Score Change:
Frost:

MANIAC UNLEASHED

FROST, THE POISONOUS MANIAC! CURRENT LOCATION: HC'S SAFE HOUSE! BOUNTY INCREASED!

The adrenaline coursing through Bad Girl's veins would start to fight off the poison. Her symptoms would start to fade... for now. They would likely return within a few hours.

Having ingested her dose her dose of the poison via Frost's tainted drinks, Bad Girl would show her symptoms within the next 5 hours.
Having been injected via a micro-needle during back at the Hotel, Kayn and Rena wouldn't show symptoms for another 7 hours.

32 HOURS REMAINING
CURRENT TIME: 2:00PM
CHAMPIONS REMAINING: 38/50/ ESTIMATED VIEWERS: 65 BILLION/ BOUNTIES PER KILL: 2,000,000/ CURRENT DEBTS: 40,000,000

SLUMS
"Curious..." The King stroked his chin. "One doesn't encounter your kind often, especially not on Prudence-- Good Souls." After a moment, the King kicked himself up off of his barrel. He looped his hands behind his back and started to base the factory. As he did so, his medic finished patching up Eight's injuries and left the scene. "But, you see... I can't ask for your help in this matter... not in good conscious. District C doesn't get news broadcasts, not like the rest of the city. The rationale is that my subjects and I are too poor to buy OBLIVION's products. Why would they waste their time advertising to us? But my nobles and I... we know things. We've been intercepting broadcasts, and... I hate to be the bearer of bad news." He turned his back to the Hunted. He hunched over, leading against a deactivated conveyor belt for support. "But the rules have changed. One of your Hunter friends leveled a building in one of the Higher Districts... As payback, Tormo's crippled your time limit. They game ends in 32 hours. I won't have you waste a single one upon us. No matter how desperate we may be, we shan't steal your final days away from you..."

"He's my half brother, yes, but our mother raised us as if we shared the same blood,"
The King smiled, reflecting on better days. "We may not look alike, but once upon a time we were inseparable. We were as thick as thieves, once upon a time. But times change. Our mother died. He used his inheritance to buy a few factories on this world. At the time, I was proud of him. I thought he was doing something with his life. Something worthy of respect. One day, he invites me to visit 'his city'. He gave me a tour of this place, grinning all the while. He had told me all about his employment rates and profit margins... but he had neglected to inform me about all the suffering he had caused. His employees... they were being worked to death. They were paid in crumbs. All who defied him were starved. Beaten. He told me that it was simply the way things were. He told me it was 'just business'. We've never spoken since. I did everything I could to make things right for the people of this district. I didn't want to see my mother's money weaponized like my brother had done. I didn't want all this to be her legacy. So I poured every penny I had into saving these people. Buying them foot. Repairing their clothes. But coin can only carry you so far, and even a fat inheritance only lasts so long. Before I knew it, I was a beggar, just like the others, slaving away in one of my brother's factories. One day I snapped. I turned my hammer on one of the Overseer Droids. Next thing I know, everyone else is following suit. The rest his history. Cluth and I may be bound by blood, but we're as different as chalk and cheese. We're as different as droids as men..."

The Unknown Hunter went back to snapping photo's of Allison's surrender, his finger eagerly tapping the capture button. He change his filter every couple of snaps. Regular. Ultra-Violet. Spectrum lens. If his time on the road had taught him anything, it was that there was no harm in being too thorough.

. He slowly made his way back towards the vent. He crawled back inside the factory, breaking Aerosmith's direct line of sight.

"If it doesn't matter," The solider grunted. "Then you won't mind if I insist that you drop them. Just as a precaution." His tone betrayed his words. Despite his polite phrasing, the guards' tone remained firm and sharp. His weapon remained fixed on Allison's position. "Fail to comply and we will be forced to open fire! Drop the weapon! No sudden movements!"

"I'd rather...go down on a fucking donkey then beg you for anything you little chicken shit," Bad Girl snapped at Frost sensing that she wasn't feeling as shit as before, but she wasn't going to tell anyone that.

"Oooh yeah, such a big fucking guy, so fucking devious, so strong and handsome. Fuck you, you whiny little prick. I was right about you from the fucking start. Nothing but a loser who needs to fucking poison someone because he's too fucking scared to do it himself. Bitch ass motherfucker!" Bad Girl acted like she was trying to get up but she didn't and her head fell back down on the bed.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies

"Well," Eight Hearts chuckled after listening to the King's tale. "With so little life left, what else can I do but at least do something good on this planet? I told you I was a demon. Hell was always waiting for me sooner or later."

4ePS0l1.png

❝ You... lied... ❞ Rena spoke as she hung her head low. Letting the revelation sink in that they were being betrayed. She should be trembling in despair right about now, but she wasn't. Something in her head simply... snapped. Much like a tree branch that couldn't handle the pressure it was experiencing.

❝ Liar. ❞

Her grip on her hatchet tightens.

❝ ... no, all of you are lying to me... because this is to kill me... ❞

Her breathing became more erratic.

❝ Even then, I'll die either way, won't... I? ❞

Rena's head pounded and ached. Everything around her... looked like they were sneering at her helplessness. Frost spoke as a matter of fact that she was next to die. Her gaze settled on Bad Girl next. She was acting, wasn't she? Faking that she was weakened by this poison. If Frost was acting all timid to win their trust, then it had to be the same ploy to get her killed. Her frantic eyes shifted towards Kayn and Rhaast next. Kayn said that Bad Girl was going to make it through. Maybe. Maybe wasn't enough. Hell, he could be on this whole charade to get Rena killed.

Their faces were distorted, twisted, unable to see what was really there through Rena's eyes. They all had the same sneering look on their faces. The teenager only took a step back just so she could have all of them in her view.

Then, she heard whispers soothingly comforting her. Whispers that she could only hear. There was no malicious intent towards her. No lies. Nothing that would send her into disarray. It was only a simple message from _________-sama.

Then, Rena let out a few giggles, a bit of laughter, soon followed with a blank stare and silence.

❝ ... you're all lying... I won't be killed... I know that... because Oyashiro-sama just told me. You're all planning to kill me here, aren't you? You're all sneering at me... because I look like an easy target... an easy victim... Only Oyashiro-sama was able to coax me, comfort me... because I'm blessed by my unseen guardian... Blessed enough that I'm the only one who can hear her...❞ She finally raises her head.

Sui_renasen2_tuukaku_1.png

❝ I'll kill all of you... because I know you're planning to kill me once you win my trust. I can't trust you... I have to kill you... I can never trust anyone else... only Oyashiro-sama... I'll kill... and kill... and kill... until it's safe and peaceful once again... just me... and my guardian... ❞

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi

Kayn and Rhaast
SAFE HOUSE

1589722112804.png

1589723048032.png

Insanity Score Change:
Frost:

MANIAC UNLEASHED

Kayn gripped his weapon and stared intently at the man he had once considered a valuable, honorable ally. Everything changed, just like that. How could he have been so foolish? He should've known that Frost was putting up an act. He was wrong to assume that his mind was capable of handling all that power. Clearly, only trained disciples of the Order of the Shadow were capable of such things. Kayn's eyebrow twitched in rage as he tried to compose himself.

6wSnjxz.png

"I take back everything I said about you, Frost," he sneered, "You truly are a demon after all. You have no understanding of what it means to use your power wisely. You have no honor. For that, you are not worthy to draw breath in this world--"
❝ You... lied... ❞ Rena spoke as she hung her head low. Letting the revelation sink in that they were being betrayed. She should be trembling in despair right about now, but she wasn't. Something in her head simply... snapped. Much like a tree branch that couldn't handle the pressure it was experiencing.

❝ Liar. ❞

Rena's head pounded and ached. Everything around her... looked like they were sneering at her helplessness. Frost spoke as a matter of fact that she was next to die. Her gaze settled on Bad Girl next. She was acting, wasn't she? Faking that she was weakened by this poison. If Frost was acting all timid to win their trust, then it had to be the same ploy to get her killed. Her frantic eyes shifted towards Kayn and Rhaast next. Kayn said that Bad Girl was going to make it through. Maybe. Maybe wasn't enough. Hell, he could be on this whole charade to get Rena killed.

Their faces were distorted, twisted, unable to see what was really there through Rena's eyes. They all had the same sneering look on their faces. The teenager only took a step back just so she could have all of them in her view.

Then, she heard whispers soothingly comforting her. Whispers that she could only hear. There was no malicious intent towards her. No lies. Nothing that would send her into disarray. It was only a simple message from _________-sama.

Then, Rena let out a few giggles, a bit of laughter, soon followed with a blank stare and silence.

❝ ... you're all lying... I won't be killed... I know that... because Oyashiro-sama just told me. You're all planning to kill me here, aren't you? You're all sneering at me... because I look like an easy target... an easy victim... Only Oyashiro-sama was able to coax me, comfort me... because I'm blessed by my unseen guardian... Blessed enough that I'm the only one who can hear her...❞ She finally raises her head.

Sui_renasen2_tuukaku_1.png

❝ I'll kill all of you... because I know you're planning to kill me once you win my trust. I can't trust you... I have to kill you... I can never trust anyone else... only Oyashiro-sama... I'll kill... and kill... and kill... until it's safe and peaceful once again... just me... and my guardian... ❞
"--?" Kayn was taken aback as Rena suddenly changed personalities as well. He couldn't believe his eyes. This was different compared to her craze during the Hotel attack... or was it? He hadn't been paying close attention to the exact words she was saying back then, but now that he actually listened to her, he knew her insanity went beyond that of a child forced to fight in a war. There was something else at play that was likely there before the game had even started. Nevertheless, it pained him to see her like this; it was obvious that whatever guardian she had, it drove her mad as a kind of self-defense mechanism. If she fully loses herself and tries to kill him... then he would have no choice but to kill her too.

He looked at the girl, grimacing. "I'm on your side, kid. Don't... make me do something I'll regret..."

The thought made him sick with dread and fury. The group was playing right into the hands of Tormo's audience. And it was because of Frost.

Kayn's breath became ragged, and his face twisted in pain. He was nearing his limit. The shadows struggled to keep the Darkin at bay.

After a moment, the assassin appeared to relax, and then smile at Frost. Now Kayn would be the third to have his demeanor changed.

mcsazRV.png

"I should have let that dog kill you, coward."

Rhaast, too, was not pleased. After all, if he didn't have a host, he would be nothing but an object. "I will take that pitiful existence you call a life from you!" he bellowed.

Shadows gathered around the area, focusing on the gold bar that Kayn had taken from the vault. It suddenly rose up and flew toward Frost's head, just outside his peripheral vision. Following up, the assassin would quickly slash at Frost's chest without an ounce of mercy. Rhaast had no interest in making a deal; he only aimed to incapacitate and force the antidote out of Frost.

pm3aLRo.jpg

Under ideal circumstances, the attack would simultaneously knock the alien into Rhaast's hungry maw and give Charlotte time to hop over the couch to take cover.​

Sean nodded and turned to Yashamaru. He searched his brain for what to say but could only stare at the man for a moment. "I-- uh, I just wanted to thank you for all your help." He ran a hand through his hair. He didn't even realize it was shaking from nervousness. "Do whatever you have to do, but I have to get the mall right away. I don't know how Daniel and I are gonna get through this, but I need to be there for him no matter what."

Sean let out a long, shuddering breath. He was ready. He turned to leave, breaking off into a run, hoping nothing extraordinarly terrible would happen along the way.

@Sark @Yun Lee

"Sean, wait--" But the boy was gone before he could do anything else. Yashamaru looked to Arcade once Sean left. "Thank you for the information," he said. "You'll know where to find me."

The thief then looked to Prototype. There was a right thing to do, in this situation, but he still thought of the other options. He could go to the park, face the maniac there. Get this bomb out before it was too late. Find the truth of Tormo and his game without risk of death. But...

"Gen is gone," he said. "The third person to protect is Daniel Diaz." Yashamaru couldn't let the two brothers go unprotected. They were a team. What good would his own safety be when those two remained on his conscience? No...he wasn't going to let Sean face this world alone. "We need to catch up with Sean, then find the quickest route to the mall. Let's go."

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Allison would look over at him. " Well, you see, here's the thing about telling me to drop my weapons when I can't. I have to move my hand away from my injured shoulder and then have to move said hand to one and then three more movements to drop the bow. So, that is at least five sudden movements, so how can I drop my weapons without making any sudden movements?"

@Sark

Kayn gripped his weapon and stared intently at the man he had once considered a valuable, honorable ally. Everything changed, just like that. How could he have been so foolish? He should've known that Frost was putting up an act. He was wrong to assume that his mind was capable of handling all that power. Clearly, only trained disciples of the Order of the Shadow were capable of such things. Kayn's eyebrow twitched in rage as he tried to compose himself.

"I take back everything I said about you, Frost," he sneered, "You truly are a demon after all. You have no understanding of what it means to use your power wisely. You have no honor. For that, you are not worthy to draw breath in this world--"
"What use is honor to the dead?" Frost scoffed. "I am what I am-- a survivor. I thought you of all people would understand!"
Frost's eye twitched. A telekinetic command caught the gold bring before it could strike the Demon's head. Sensing its sender, Frost set the bullion spiraling through the air back towards Kayn, striking him in the ribs as he drew back his scythe. Before Kayn could cleave him in two, Frost rocketed back across the room, landing in the Safe House's top right corner.
"The blood of the innocent clings to your hands, Kayn! How many have you killed since we arrive? How many of them were already wounded? Unable to fight back?! We're both Demons, Kayn! One and the same!"

Insanity Score Change:
Kayn and Rhaast
0 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] 10

MANIAC UNLEAHSED!
KAYN! THE CORRUPTED MANIAC!
CURRENT LOCATION: HC'S SAFE HOUSE! BOUNTY INCREASED!

❝ Liar. ❞

"You were stupid to have trusted anyone to begin with, harlot!" Frost cackled. "It's a dog-eat-dog world out there! Opening up? You might as well be showing us your neck!"

A scream of crimson flashes ruptured forth from Frost's fingers. His Death Beams burned a series of holes straight through the furniture around Rena. The beams kept on travelling until the scarred the floor bellow the safe house.

"Look at us! We're all mad now! Just a pack of killers, all charging over the edge! Go on! Try to kill me! If I die, the cure dies with me!"

Insanity Score Change:
Rena Ryugu
[ ] 10

MANIAC UNLEASHED

RENA RYUGU, THE ZEALOT MANIAC!

31 HOURS REMAINING
CURRENT TIME: 3:00PM
CHAMPIONS REMAINING: 38/50/ ESTIMATED VIEWERS: 67 BILLION/ BOUNTIES PER KILL: 2,000,000/ CURRENT DEBTS: 40,000,000

"I'd rather...go down on a fucking donkey then beg you for anything you little chicken shit," Bad Girl snapped at Frost sensing that she wasn't feeling as shit as before, but she wasn't going to tell anyone that.

"Oooh yeah, such a big fucking guy, so fucking devious, so strong and handsome. Fuck you, you whiny little prick. I was right about you from the fucking start. Nothing but a loser who needs to fucking poison someone because he's too fucking scared to do it himself. Bitch ass motherfucker!" Bad Girl acted like she was trying to get up but she didn't and her head fell back down on the bed.
"Shut up, you invalid cur!" Frost snapped, turning his attention back towards Charlotte. "I'd be conserving my breath if I were you! Better suck down some air whilst you still can-- you'll be choking on the stuff soon enough!!"

With a crash, Chuck and HC game charging back into the room.

"I'm gonna ask this once and only once..." HC groaned. "Why the hell are you guys throwing down inside my safe house? Do you guys not know what Safe means? Come on..." He rolled his eyes and casually walked across the battlefield and into the kitchen. "Hey Katey, where did you put my mic?"

Katey burst into the room a moment later, her weapon loaded and trained on the big guy with a scythe.
"Bottom drawer." She snapped. "Cabinet on the left."

Whilst the pair rummaged through the box of old towels and cooking utensils, Chuck approached the counter. He removed a knife from the rack and flipped it around in his hand.

"So... we're killing each other again, huh?" He grumbled. "You want to take this outside? Away from my kid? Away from the fucking Safe House?"

Footsteps could be heard pounding up the staircase at the end of the hall. Another Hunter was on their way up. The party was going to get a little bit more crowded.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies
Allison would look over at him. " Well, you see, here's the thing about telling me to drop my weapons when I can't. I have to move my hand away from my injured shoulder and then have to move said hand to one and then three more movements to drop the bow. So, that is at least five sudden movements, so how can I drop my weapons without making any sudden movements?"

@Sark
FACTORY
"Don't be a smart ass!" The Captain of the Guard grunted. "You. Can. Move. Slowly!" He demanded, stepping a little closer to her. He raised his blaster up towards her forehead. "I won't ask you again! Comply! Drop! Them! Slowly!"

@Lucky
"Sean, wait--" But the boy was gone before he could do anything else. Yashamaru looked to Arcade once Sean left. "Thank you for the information," he said. "You'll know where to find me."

The thief then looked to Prototype. There was a right thing to do, in this situation, but he still thought of the other options. He could go to the park, face the maniac there. Get this bomb out before it was too late. Find the truth of Tormo and his game without risk of death. But...

"Gen is gone," he said. "The third person to protect is Daniel Diaz." Yashamaru couldn't let the two brothers go unprotected. They were a team. What good would his own safety be when those two remained on his conscience? No...he wasn't going to let Sean face this world alone. "We need to catch up with Sean, then find the quickest route to the mall. Let's go."

@Sark @Atomic Knight
Grunting as he stumbled then fell to a knee, Ouka kept moving despite the pain as he always did, as was habit for him, and quickly threw a barrier over him and the two Huntes closest to him, whirling with another crystalized sword in hand to the one behind him, he aimed for the Hunter's throat.

Whether successful or not, he'd turn and give a upward swing to the one who kneed him in an attempt to cut them in half.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @District B/Mall
Well, this was a mess. Preferably he would've wanted to take a non-hostile approach to this, but circumstances weren't allowing such liberties since he got here, that's for sure. Though, he wondered if he could make room for the others to flee.

❝ ... never thought I would resort to using this, but well... I am out of other options... ❞ He says as he takes a deep breath. He didn't draw out his sword, but a mesh of dark magic took form as multiple large claw-like hands.

❝ Unless you move aside, I will be forced to proceed with this attack of mine. ❞ The swordsman posed this attempt of intimidating the hunters, silently hoping that he didn't really have to use this kind of magic.
Daniel - District B/The Mall

"Stoooop fightiiiing!"

Suddenly, the hunters nearest Ouka would be hit by a blast of fierce telekinetic force.

6j6Ocvg.png

Daniel Diaz stood nearby, the air around him beginning to pick up and twirl around him like some kind of tornado. The telekinetic energy he was emitting was building quickly. The boy held his hand in the air, ready to strike again if needed.

@Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies
HOTEL--> DISTRICT B MALL
"Hey, don't thank me!" Arcade chimed, finally putting his bottle down. "Thanks implies that we're even. You owe me now, Yashie. Don't go forgetting that..."

Prototype nodded, heeding Yashamaru's orders. A route to the mall was charted. The Blade Wolf turned out into the streets and sprinted towards their destination, matching even the samurai's incredible speed.

As they faded from sight, Arcade approached the Hotel's shattered front window and smiled. He couldn't help himself. Everything was finally coming together. He stepped over a couple of dismembered bodies and approached the lobby's security panel and twisted its emergency key. The Hotel's shuttered came grinding down. He could've sworn that he had heard something stirring in the wreckage of that fallen tower. He didn't want to stick around to find out who or what it was...

Diaz and Yashamaru arrived at the mall just in time to watch the fight escalate. Unshaken by the swordsman's show of force, the 9's continued to charge forth, their weapons drawn.
The two raised hunters tossed their weapons to the floor and cried out to another one of their own. The third hunter came charging in. Skidding across the floor and picking up his stunned allied weapons, he swept Daniel's legs, exploiting the confusion of the loud, violent scene.
Ouka's sword successfully pierced the armor of the one of the hunters, forcing him from the mortal plane. He wasn't so lucky when it came to the next. Dodging Ouka's follow up strike, the Hunter planted a right hook against Ouka's jaw, force the kids head to roll to the side.
Samus fired a few frantic shots towards their swarming foes, but the constant presence of the cheering crowd was enough to force her to hold back. She could afford any collateral damage.
Despite their great powers, the Hunted still out numbered 2 to one. The 9s had been fighting together for decades. They knew how to put up a fight.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

Last edited:

"What use is honor to the dead?" Frost scoffed. "I am what I am-- a survivor. I thought you of all people would understand!"
Frost's eye twitched. A telekinetic command caught the gold bring before it could strike the Demon's head. Sensing its sender, Frost set the bullion spiraling through the air back towards Kayn, striking him in the ribs as he drew back his scythe. Before Kayn could cleave him in two, Frost rocketed back across the room, landing in the Safe House's top right corner.
"The blood of the innocent clings to your hands, Kayn! How many have you killed since we arrive? How many of them were already wounded? Unable to fight back?! We're both Demons, Kayn! One and the same!"

Insanity Score Change:
Kayn and Rhaast
[ ] 10

MANIAC UNLEAHSED!

"You were stupid to have trusted anyone to begin with, harlot!" Frost cackled. "It's a dog-eat-dog world out there! Opening up? You might as well be showing us your neck!"

A scream of crimson flashes ruptured forth from Frost's fingers. His Death Beams burned a series of holes straight through the furniture around Rena. The beams kept on travelling until the scarred the floor bellow the safe house.

"Look at us! We're all mad now! Just a pack of killers, all charging over the edge! Go on! Try to kill me! If I die, the cure dies with me!"

Insanity Score Change:
Rena Ryugu
[ ] 10

MANIAC UNLEASHED

RENA RYUGU, THE ZEALOT MANIAC!

31 HOURS REMAINING
CURRENT TIME: 3:00PM
CHAMPIONS REMAINING: 38/50/ ESTIMATED VIEWERS: 67 BILLION/ BOUNTIES PER KILL: 2,000,000/ CURRENT DEBTS: 40,000,000

"Shut up, you invalid cur!" Frost snapped, turning his attention back towards Charlotte. "I'd be conserving my breath if I were you! Better suck down some air whilst you still can-- you'll be choking on the stuff soon enough!!"

With a crash, Chuck and HC game charging back into the room.

"I'm gonna ask this once and only once..." HC groaned. "Why the hell are you guys throwing down inside my safe house? Do you guys not know what Safe means? Come on..." He rolled his eyes and casually walked across the battlefield and into the kitchen. "Hey Katey, where did you put my mic?"

Katey burst into the room a moment later, her weapon loaded and trained on the big guy with a scythe.
"Bottom drawer." She snapped. "Cabinet on the left."

Whilst the pair rummaged through the box of old towels and cooking utensils, Chuck approached the counter. He removed a knife from the wrack and flipped it around in his hand.

"So... we're killing each other again, huh?" He grumbled. "You want to take this outside? Away from my kid? Away from the fucking Safe House?"

Footsteps could be heard pounding up the staircase at the end of the hall. Another Hunter was on their way up. The party was going to get a little bit more crowded.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

FACTORY
"Don't be a smart ass!" The Captain of the Guard grunted. "You. Can. Move. Slowly!" He demanded, stepping a little closer to her. He raised his blaster up towards her forehead. "I won't ask you again! Comply! Drop! Them! Slowly!"

@Lucky

HOTEL--> DISTRICT B MALL
"Hey, don't thank me!" Arcade chimed, finally putting his bottle down. "Thanks implies that we're even. You owe me now, Yashie. Don't go forgetting that..."

Prototype nodded, heeding Yashamaru's orders. A route to the mall was charted. The Blade Wolf turned out into the streets and sprinted towards their destination, matching even the samurai's incredible speed.

As they faded from sight, Arcade approached the Hotel's shattered front window and smiled. He couldn't help himself. Everything was finally coming together. He stepped over a couple of dismembered bodies and approached the lobby's security panel and twisted its emergency key. The Hotel's shuttered came grinding down. He could've sworn that he had heard something stirring in the wreckage of that fallen tower. He didn't want to stick around to find out who or what it was...

Diaz and Yashamaru arrived at the mall just in time to watch the fight escalate. Unshaken by the swordsman's show of force, the 9's continued to charge forth, their weapons drawn.
The two raised hunters tossed their weapons to the floor and cried out to another one of their own. The third hunter came charging in. Skidding across the floor and picking up his stunned allied weapons, he swept Daniel's legs, exploiting the confusion of the loud, violent scene.
Ouka's sword successfully pierced the armor of the one of the hunters, forcing him from the mortal plane. He wasn't so lucky when it came to the next. Dodging Ouka's follow up strike, the Hunter planted a right hook against Ouka's jaw, force the kids head to roll to the side.
Samus fired a few frantic shots towards their swarming foes, but the constant presence of the cheering crowd was enough to force her to hold back. She could afford any collateral damage.
Despite their great powers, the Hunted still out numbered 2 to one. The 9s had been fighting together for decades. They knew how to put up a fight.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

"Yeah, bitch boy over there," Bad Girl motioned to Frost with her head. "Was a chicken shit wuss and poisoned us! Surprise surprise not only was he a whiny bitch all along he was also a loser!" Then she looked at Kayn and Rena. "And these two just lost their fucking shit!"

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

Kayn and Rhaast

Insanity Score Change:
Kayn and Rhaast
[ ] 10

MANIAC UNLEAHSED!
Shadows quickly swarmed Kayn's chest in order to act as a cushion, but the heavy bar of gold still slammed against him, causing him to gasp and take his breathe away. At the same time, his momentum carried him forward, clumsily slashing at nothing. His scythe clanged as he doubled over and fell to his knees, using Rhaast as a support. Luckily, the hit managed to bring Kayn back into his body for the time being. His face twitched in pain as he looked back at Frost, wracked with sweat. "Don't compare me with filth like you!" he yelled, standing up shakily. "The three champions I've slain deserved to die... and the guards to the hotel were simply in my way..." He felt little regret for the lives he had taken here, but his fractured mind only plunged further into his memories. The blood of the innocent really was in his hands. It was true. He could never truly wash off the blood he had shed all those years ago. He was no better than a Noxian--

No. He was Ionian, through and through. He would teach his opponent what happens when one challenges the Order of the Shadow. Kayn abruptly stood up and prepared to lunge at Frost, shadows enveloping his boots--​
...until Katey trained her gun at him. He'd been here long enough to understand what guns could do. "Why are you pointing that at me?" he exclaimed with a crazed look, pointing at Frost, "Frost burned your medicine! He was planning on poisoning all of us!"
"You think he's just going to bow, turn around, and wait for us outside?" he yelled, shaking his head, "Why are you all idiots?"

Too wrapped up in the current events, Kayn remained unaware of the approaching Hunter.​

Last edited:
NARANCIA
@Sark

Aerosmith swooped down in front of the unknown hunter, blocking his path.

Narancia actually physically approached the unknown hunter.

“Oi! Where do you think you’re going, eh?” Narancia grunted at the man.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back