Side Story Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm not jealous?" Chise replied, confused on where Juri was going with the conversation.

Luckily, it went back on track soon enough. Relieved, she brought her hand to her chin in thought.

So he wanted them to destroy the remaining generator? She glanced to Eight Hearts momentarily to try and gauge his thoughts on the matter.

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Minerva @District C/Slums

Eight Hearts had stood quiet for a moment pondering the situation. "Alright," He finally replied looking up towards King. "If it will allow us to land a blow on your dastardly brother, I don't quite know how we can refuse."

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Minerva @District C/Slums

"I-I..." Marianne had gone from fear to full panic. Her ace? What? What could she do? She was nothing. She needed to be nothing. She needed to hide away, if only she had done so from the start. But...all these people...she had to try. She was here now, she had to do something!

"Uh...hello! Please...!" Marianne tried to raise her voice, pulling away from Haytham and raising her hands. Professor Manuela had taught a bit of glamour magic, stuff for party tricks, and she used a basic spell that created a dazzling effect, sparkles in the air around her that would hopefully bring attention to them. "What do we tell them?" She whispered to Haytham. "How do we get them out?"

@Sark @Minerva

Ugh, what a whiny bitch. Bad Girl didn't know if Frost thought she was down for the count or not it was time to do something. Silently she gripped her bat with both hands and if Frost wasn't looking she was about to pay dividends on the threat she had told him what seemed a lifetime ago. Stick her bat up where the sun didn't shine as far as she could and swing him around like a. Fucking. Puppet. On. A. Stick.
SAFEHOUSE
Frost screamed.
His screams could be heard across the city, from the smallest slums to the most striking skyscrapers.
It was a cry of fear, shame, fury and confusion. Windows shattered. Heads turned. Dogs howled. The world seemed to slow down a little as Frost's body was tossed between the floor, the fireplace, the ceiling, a dresser, the couch and a wall.

Luckily, Frost's tail caught the bat before anything truly traumatizing could occur. That said, the very thought of Bad Girl's bat getting stuck up anything was enough to push him further up the mount of madness. Instinct had overtaken him. His tail was locked in place. He was too afraid to release it, fearing where the bat might end up. He wasn't tossed around like the hand-puppet Bad Girl had envision... He was tossed around like a string puppet instead...

"WHAT Is WRONG WITH YOU, WOMAN?!?!?!?" He screeched as he tail finally slipped loose Bad Girl's bat. His shoulder cracked against the kitchen's distant tiles. "YOU WERE TRYING TO--- WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG YOU?" He bellowed, not truly understanding what the word meant.

Frost stopped to gasp for air. Rhaast made sure that he could say another word.

The Phone on the edge of the couch started vibrating again. It's screen was marked with the same message.

Everybody else would see Kayn surrounded in dark red energies, his flesh contorting and morphing into inhuman carapace. Then, an explosion cracked the ground beneath him and sent a small shockwave all around, slamming small items against the walls. The shadows in the room were largely unaffected by the transformation, but now the shadowy tendrils were bathed in a sea of crimson. Within the smoke and debris, a new voice rattled everyone's ears. "Ohhhh, these legs will take some getting used to..."

The Darkin twirled his weapon-self around and stretched his new arms and legs, cracking nearly every new bone he had. "Which to wreak first? Carnage, havoc, or mayhem? I just can't decide..." he salivated, as if looking at a restaurant menu. His baleful eyes set upon Frost immediately after. He smiled. "No, actually I think I'll start with dessert. I can't wait to crack you open! Your blood will decorate the ground. And the walls! Everything, really..."

Rhaast finally charged Frost, kicking off the ground, but he landed short and instead leapt to the side, melting into a wall.

I do like this trick... He swam around before dropping from the ceiling, aiming to plunge his weapon-body deep into Frost's chest!
"GGHHHAAHHH!" A splash of blood leaped from Frost's lips as Rhaast's blade pierced his body. His eyes widened. His jaw hung loose. His trembling hands drifted to the blade. He desperately tried to pry his chest free of the weapon's chilling hold. Frost's anatomy differed from that of his foe's. He lacked the heart, spine and lungs that rendered humanities' chests so critical. His body was a collection of veins and arteries. Instead of dropping dead in an instant, Frost's body bled.
Oh, how he bled.
"No..." He pleaded. "Please... Think of the things we could--" No. Lies and tricks wouldn't serve him now. Perhaps Kayn could be swayed by a silver-tongued promise, but Rhaast? He was a different creature all together. Helpless before his foe's steel, Frost turned towards the only remaining weapon within his arsenal; the truth. "Kill me... go on... if I die..." He chuckled weakly. "The antidote's location dies with me..."

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies
"I'm not jealous?" Chise replied, confused on where Juri was going with the conversation.

Luckily, it went back on track soon enough. Relieved, she brought her hand to her chin in thought.

So he wanted them to destroy the remaining generator? She glanced to Eight Hearts momentarily to try and gauge his thoughts on the matter.
Eight Hearts had stood quiet for a moment pondering the situation. "Alright," He finally replied looking up towards King. "If it will allow us to land a blow on your dastardly brother, I don't quite know how we can refuse."
" I wasn't pklannng to hurt anything..... but I can blow up a generator once I am healed or rather- I could if someone didn't throw my bow down the road. Can't do much without it and my arrows."
FACTORY--->DISTRICT BORDER
"Sure you're not..." Juri cooed. She threw a wink in Chise's direction and darted her tongue between her lips. "Don't worry... I 'believe' you..."

"Thank you, Hearts." The King offered Eight Hearts an open hand. "I think this may be the start of a beautiful friendship..."

A silent trade was made. Allison's weapons were begrudgingly returned to her by a sour-faced soldier. In exchange, LW's smoking remains were claimed by the Beggar-King's subjects. They were dragged through the rusty jaws of the factory's loading bay and vanished down a dimly lit hall...

Guided by Juri, the Hunted were lead from one wet, stinking alley to another. The buildings were all faceless. Featureless. It was like wandering through an endless, dirty maze. All that stood between District B and an era of expansion was the District C's long, winding roads. Juri relayed a story she had been relayed to her by the King the night before. Apparently District B's mayor had sent some mercenaries into the city a few years prior, seeking to carve out a section of the slums and mark them for demolition. The slums' residents were not saved by Cluth's LWs- which had arrived a few hours late to the party- but by a group of angry holy-men. Legend had it that the pilgrims lead the Hunting Parties on a wild-goose chase through the city's alleys. They bought Cluth enough time to get his ass in gear and mobilize his defense forces. The scars left by the subsequent conflict could still be seen on the surrounding area. The Slums surrounding the District B/C border were littered with the hollow remains of District B's old War-Machines. They had long since been stripped of any valuable wiring by the slum's residents, but their immovable shells remained lodged in the dirt, rusting in the brewing storm.

After a few hours of marching, the Hunted came upon the Outpost. Ventress waved her hand. Calling upon the strength of the force, she pulled her allies back into a nearby alley and out of the path of automatic spotlight.
View attachment 7681
"And here we are!" Juri chirped, only to be shh'd by Ventress. "Oh, get the stick out of your ass. Use that bald head of yours. It's raining. Heavily. They're wearing helmets. Headphones. They've got a radio blaring in that tower. They won't be able to hear us from this distance. We're still about 400m away. We won't have to whisper until we're within 100m of that bridge--"

"You seem to know an awful lot about the lay of the land, Juri..."
Ventress squinted. "An awful lot..."

"I know my lips are amazing, but try not to look this gift-horse in the mouth, 'kay?" Juri pumped her eyebrows. "I scouted out this city whilst you were braiding each other's hair and having tea with the enemy. How would you guys like to approach this one? We don't have the numbers to storm this place... And I doubt Hot Topic over here will be able to fit blend in with the guards..." She gestured towards Eight Hearts.

"Funny. You're asking us for our input... and there I was thinking that you were the leading authority on raiding District B outposts. How did you get the last generator offline?"

"Seduced the first two guards. Let them walk me into the break room. Snapped their necks. Exited the break room via the back window. Climbed across the room. Jumped onto the watchtower. Took out the sniper. Blah blah blah you get the idea. Short answer is that the same trick won't work twice. These boys are going to be on high alert. They've no doubt heard about the last attack over the radio. They won't let any old girl past their lines... even one like me, with all my... charms. Seduction, at least, is off the table..."

"So we're back to the drawing board..."

"Not quite... Here's a run down on the base's defenses:"
The Outpost was book ended by two, large watchtowers. Two snipers sat atop each tower. Judging by their large, domed helmets, they were mercenaries working for the Deadeye Hunting Party. The watchtowers were protected by walls of bullet proof glass. They each contained two radios. One played strange, alien music. The other was there relay orders from other members of their Hunting Party.

A long, open-top bridge connected the two towers. A row of robotic spotlights sat atop the bridge. Large, glowing guns sat beneath the searchlights. They slowly traced the streets outside the outpost. They were searching for any sighs of motion. They all moved in sync. Thus, there were few seconds during which the path between the alley and the outpost was completely dark.

A toll gate stood at the center of the road. Two Deadeyes stood in the center of it, armed with large, automatic rifles. They didn't have any radios on hand, and they would likely take longer to respond to any alerts.

To their right, a featureless break-room sat. An off duty guard sat inside it. He was watching a strange sports game on a small, flickering television. The storm was messing with its signal. He was constantly having to wack it to reset the signal.

The Outpost itself stood upon one of the large, concrete bridges that connected Districts B/C. The bridge sat about 50 feet above the crashing waves that roared and raged between the two districts. To fall from the bridge would spell certain death.

The generator itself was protected by a small force field. It was built into one of the bridge's concrete supporting posts. It was only accessible by a single, steel ladder at the back of the outpost.

Refer to Image
@Lucky @Jeremi @Capri @Takumi
"I-I..." Marianne had gone from fear to full panic. Her ace? What? What could she do? She was nothing. She needed to be nothing. She needed to hide away, if only she had done so from the start. But...all these people...she had to try. She was here now, she had to do something!

"Uh...hello! Please...!" Marianne tried to raise her voice, pulling away from Haytham and raising her hands. Professor Manuela had taught a bit of glamour magic, stuff for party tricks, and she used a basic spell that created a dazzling effect, sparkles in the air around her that would hopefully bring attention to them. "What do we tell them?" She whispered to Haytham. "How do we get them out?"
OPERA
"Uh... hello! Please...!"

CRASH

The chandelier struck the pit below. Flames leaped high above the seats. Orange tongues consumes the drums and harps alike. The stage's velvet curtains vanished in flash of crimson. A wave of smoke soared upwards. It washed over Marianne and Haytham. The Assassin was stunned. For a moment, he balance almost failed him. He threw his arms forward to act as a desperate counter-weight, saving him from a swift, painful death.

The majority of the audience had avoided the safe fate. They had long since vacated their seats in their attempts to rush the doors. But with their exits barred, they would be cooked in a matter of minutes... if the smoke didn't get to them first. Panicked and desperate, they didn't take note of the strange lights that swarmed them. They presumed that they were simply floating embers from the fire that was all too close for comfort.

"Damn it all!"
Haytham cursed, his gambit having failed. "It might be too late for them," Haytham scowled, staring down at the rabble below. "It might be too late for me too... but the Father of Understanding knows that I have to try. As for you... if a light show is all you are capable of, you're better of leaving this place. Run. Go. Save yourself, while you still can. This wasn't some elaborate suicide attempt. The Phantom was running for his life. He must know of a way out. Find it. Take it. I'll try to fix this mess." Haytham did his best to hide the disappointment that lurked behind his eyes as he turned back towards Marianne. "This is it for us. Good luck out there. It was pleasant to have known you, Marianne Von Edmund."

Recipient: Marianne von Edmund
//BALANCE TRANSFERRED// CURRENT BALANCE: 22,000 CREDITS

"If only you had been more..."

@Yun Lee

How would a person react, in a situation such as this? Would they scream? Cry? Rescue who they could with no regard for themselves? How do people work in times like these? What do they do?

Marianne von Edmund can't tell you. Because she isn't human.

Marianne is a monster. Marianne is a bad omen. Marianne bears the mark of the beast. Marianne is destined for nothing but misfortune. Marianne can't get close to anyone for fear that her wicked and sinful being will spread to them, too, like a disease. Marianne is a disease, a terminal one that can only be ended in death. Her death. Why hadn't Haytham listened? Why did he believe in her? And now so many were going to...all because she couldn't hide away. Blood on her hands...so much blood...all because she was nothing. All because she couldn't be more.

She said nothing. What was there to say? Apologizing would do no good. Who forgives a beast for slaughter? No, all you do is put it out of its misery. So instead, Marianne ran, off to find that exit. Maybe the best way to save people here was just to not be here at all. And then...then she would find a place to perish. It was Prudence's only hope for her to do so.

@Sark

SAFEHOUSE
Frost screamed.
His screams could be heard across the city, from the smallest slums to the most striking skyscrapers.
It was a cry of fear, shame, fury and confusion. Windows shattered. Heads turned. Dogs howled. The world seemed to slow down a little as Frost's body was tossed between the floor, the fireplace, the ceiling, a dresser, the couch and a wall.

Luckily, Frost's tail caught the bat before anything truly traumatizing could occur. That said, the very thought of Bad Girl's bat getting stuck up anything was enough to push him further up the mount of madness. Instinct had overtaken him. His tail was locked in place. He was too afraid to release it, fearing where the bat might end up. He wasn't tossed around like the hand-puppet Bad Girl had envision... He was tossed around like a string puppet instead...

"WHAT Is WRONG WITH YOU, WOMAN?!?!?!?" He screeched as he tail finally slipped loose Bad Girl's bat. His shoulder cracked against the kitchen's distant tiles. "YOU WERE TRYING TO--- WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG YOU?" He bellowed, not truly understanding what the word meant.

Frost stopped to gasp for air. Rhaast made sure that he could say another word.

The Phone on the edge of the couch started vibrating again. It's screen was marked with the same message.

"GGHHHAAHHH!" A splash of blood leaped from Frost's lips as Rhaast's blade pierced his body. His eyes widened. His jaw hung loose. His trembling hands drifted to the blade. He desperately tried to pry his chest free of the weapon's chilling hold. Frost's anatomy differed from that of his foe's. He lacked the heart, spine and lungs that rendered humanities' chests so critical. His body was a collection of veins and arteries. Instead of dropping dead in an instant, Frost's body bled.
Oh, how he bled.
"No..." He pleaded. "Please... Think of the things we could--" No. Lies and tricks wouldn't serve him now. Perhaps Kayn could be swayed by a silver-tongued promise, but Rhaast? He was a different creature all together. Helpless before his foe's steel, Frost turned towards the only remaining weapon within his arsenal; the truth. "Kill me... go on... if I die..." He chuckled weakly. "The antidote's location dies with me..."

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

FACTORY--->DISTRICT BORDER
"Sure you're not..." Juri cooed. She threw a wink in Chise's direction and darted her tongue between her lips. "Don't worry... I 'believe' you..."

"Thank you, Hearts." The King offered Eight Hearts an open hand. "I think this may be the start of a beautiful friendship..."

A silent trade was made. Allison's weapons were begrudgingly returned to her by a sour-faced soldier. In exchange, LW's smoking remains were claimed by the Beggar-King's subjects. They were dragged through the rusty jaws of the factory's loading bay and vanished down a dimly lit hall...

Guided by Juri, the Hunted were lead from one wet, stinking alley to another. The buildings were all faceless. Featureless. It was like wandering through an endless, dirty maze. All that stood between District B and an era of expansion was the District C's long, winding roads. Juri relayed a story she had been relayed to her by the King the night before. Apparently District B's mayor had sent some mercenaries into the city a few years prior, seeking to carve out a section of the slums and mark them for demolition. The slums' residents were not saved by Cluth's LWs- which had arrived a few hours late to the party- but by a group of angry holy-men. Legend had it that the pilgrims lead the Hunting Parties on a wild-goose chase through the city's alleys. They bought Cluth enough time to get his ass in gear and mobilize his defense forces. The scars left by the subsequent conflict could still be seen on the surrounding area. The Slums surrounding the District B/C border were littered with the hollow remains of District B's old War-Machines. They had long since been stripped of any valuable wiring by the slum's residents, but their immovable shells remained lodged in the dirt, rusting in the brewing storm.

After a few hours of marching, the Hunted came upon the Outpost. Ventress waved her hand. Calling upon the strength of the force, she pulled her allies back into a nearby alley and out of the path of automatic spotlight.
View attachment 7681
"And here we are!" Juri chirped, only to be shh'd by Ventress. "Oh, get the stick out of your ass. Use that bald head of yours. It's raining. Heavily. They're wearing helmets. Headphones. They've got a radio blaring in that tower. They won't be able to hear us from this distance. We're still about 400m away. We won't have to whisper until we're within 100m of that bridge--"

"You seem to know an awful lot about the lay of the land, Juri..." Ventress squinted. "An awful lot..."

"I know my lips are amazing, but try not to look this gift-horse in the mouth, 'kay?" Juri pumped her eyebrows. "I scouted out this city whilst you were braiding each other's hair and having tea with the enemy. How would you guys like to approach this one? We don't have the numbers to storm this place... And I doubt Hot Topic over here will be able to fit blend in with the guards..." She gestured towards Eight Hearts.

"Funny. You're asking us for our input... and there I was thinking that you were the leading authority on raiding District B outposts. How did you get the last generator offline?"

"Seduced the first two guards. Let them walk me into the break room. Snapped their necks. Exited the break room via the back window. Climbed across the room. Jumped onto the watchtower. Took out the sniper. Blah blah blah you get the idea. Short answer is that the same trick won't work twice. These boys are going to be on high alert. They've no doubt heard about the last attack over the radio. They won't let any old girl past their lines... even one like me, with all my... charms. Seduction, at least, is off the table..."

"So we're back to the drawing board..."

"Not quite... Here's a run down on the base's defenses:"
The Outpost was book ended by two, large watchtowers. Two snipers sat atop each tower. Judging by their large, domed helmets, they were mercenaries working for the Deadeye Hunting Party. The watchtowers were protected by walls of bullet proof glass. They each contained two radios. One played strange, alien music. The other was there relay orders from other members of their Hunting Party.

A long, open-top bridge connected the two towers. A row of robotic spotlights sat atop the bridge. Large, glowing guns sat beneath the searchlights. They slowly traced the streets outside the outpost. They were searching for any sighs of motion. They all moved in sync. Thus, there were few seconds during which the path between the alley and the outpost was completely dark.

A toll gate stood at the center of the road. Two Deadeyes stood in the center of it, armed with large, automatic rifles. They didn't have any radios on hand, and they would likely take longer to respond to any alerts.

To their right, a featureless break-room sat. An off duty guard sat inside it. He was watching a strange sports game on a small, flickering television. The storm was messing with its signal. He was constantly having to wack it to reset the signal.

The Outpost itself stood upon one of the large, concrete bridges that connected Districts B/C. The bridge sat about 50 feet above the crashing waves that roared and raged between the two districts. To fall from the bridge would spell certain death.

The generator itself was protected by a small force field. It was built into one of the bridge's concrete supporting posts. It was only accessible by a single, steel ladder at the back of the outpost.

Refer to Image

OPERA
"Uh... hello! Please...!"

CRASH

The chandelier struck the pit below. Flames leaped high above the seats. Orange tongues consumes the drums and harps alike. The stage's velvet curtains vanished in flash of crimson. A wave of smoke soared upwards. It washed over Marianne and Haytham. The Assassin was stunned. For a moment, he balance almost failed him. He threw his arms forward to act as a desperate counter-weight, saving him from a swift, painful death.

The majority of the audience had avoided the safe fate. They had long since vacated their seats in their attempts to rush the doors. But with their exits barred, they would be cooked in a matter of minutes... if the smoke didn't get to them first. Panicked and desperate, they didn't take note of the strange lights that swarmed them. They presumed that they were simply floating embers from the fire that was all too close for comfort.

"Damn it all!" Haytham cursed, his gambit having failed. "It might be too late for them," Haytham scowled, staring down at the rabble below. "It might be too late for me too... but the Father of Understanding knows that I have to try. As for you... if a light show is all you are capable of, you're better of leaving this place. Run. Go. Save yourself, while you still can. This wasn't some elaborate suicide attempt. The Phantom was running for his life. He must know of a way out. Find it. Take it. I'll try to fix this mess." Haytham did his best to hide the disappointment that lurked behind his eyes as he turned back towards Marianne. "This is it for us. Good luck out there. It was pleasant to have known you, Marianne Von Edmund."

Recipient: Marianne von Edmund
//BALANCE TRANSFERRED// CURRENT BALANCE: 22,000 CREDITS

"If only you had been more..."

@Yun Lee

"I FUCKING WARNED YOU YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Bad Girl shouted as she wrestled his tail for her bat. "THIS IS WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE!" Then surprise help as a blade pierced his abdomen and followed by some form of silence as Frost fell to the ground, and had the audacity to gloat.

"Ah shit you're fucking right," Bad Girl turned to Rhaast. "Start by cutting off his, if that doesn't do it move to one of the arms. If this motherfucker's going to be a sore fucking loser about it he's going to suffer for all its fucking worth." She poked Frost's cheek with her baseball bat with a grin on her face. "You think you always have all the fucking cards, don't you? Well here's a spoiler, this time you don't have four aces, you have your hands full of shit."

@Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Eight Hearts didn't much care for the quippathon that was going on and instead put his attention on the task at hand. "Well, obviously we should stay out of the lights to not get spotted," He remarked. "Stealth seems to be the logical answer but I'm not quite sure how good any of us are with that. Perhaps if...I have quite the amount of firepower, though I may not look it. The generator is shielded but perhaps that doesn't mean much if we...take a chunk of the bridge with it. I clearly went ahead of myself. We need to somehow get there quickly, and quietly."

Oh, how he bled.
"Ah, this is so liberating!" the Darkin exclaimed in pleasure, digging himself into Frost's veins and slowly absorbing his blood. "It's been so long since I've tasted blood from a worthy foe!" Rhaast snickered at the bleeding alien, whose initial words fell upon deaf ears, until he mentioned the poison. Rhaast could hardly resist himself with such a wonderful dish right in front of him, but he was not so much of a beast as to prioritize primal hunger over an antidote. His eyes seemed to narrow as Frost reminded him of the predicament. "Hmph. Well, I don't intend on wasting this flesh. But you've already insulted my pride as a Darkin for far too long. I'm getting the antidote out of you one way or the other. I will not bow for a cowardly lizard like you!"
"I FUCKING WARNED YOU YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Bad Girl shouted as she wrestled his tail for her bat. "THIS IS WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE!" Then surprise help as a blade pierced his abdomen and followed by some form of silence as Frost fell to the ground, and had the audacity to gloat.

"Ah shit you're fucking right," Bad Girl turned to Rhaast. "Start by cutting off his, if that doesn't do it move to one of the arms. If this motherfucker's going to be a sore fucking loser about it he's going to suffer for all its fucking worth." She poked Frost's cheek with her baseball bat with a grin on her face. "You think you always have all the fucking cards, don't you? Well here's a spoiler, this time you don't have four aces, you have your hands full of shit."
He smiled at Bad Girl. Now this was someone he could respect, unlike Kayn. Her wrath reminded him of his own. "With pleasure, Charlotte. But I prefer starting with the limbs first, if you don't mind..." He looked back at Frost. Using his left claw, he first stabbed into Frost's right armpit, before grabbing the very root of the arm and beginning to tear it off slowly. Flesh ripped as his bones creaked and groaned from the pressure. All the while, Rhaast used his right claw to slice his blade-self slowly down Frost's chest, toward his abdomen. "Spill it all, Frost! It will only get worse from here!" the scythe bellowed, "And don't think that you'll bleed out from all this! Our bodies are connected right now. I'll make sure you have just enough energy to maintain consciousness..."

He leaned in close to Frost's strained face. "Remember when Kayn said he would do worse than kill you? That was me talking through him. If I can't kill you, then I will destroy your mind, just as I did Kayn's!" With a final snap, the alien's right arm flopped to the ground as spewing blood decorated the ground, the walls, and... everything, really. The Darkin then placed his claw on the root of the injury, making sure he absorbed most of the blood. Perhaps he'd need it to be recirculated if Frost needed more discipline...​

Last edited:
Rhaast
@Sark @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @"Safe" House

"Ah, this is so liberating!" the Darkin exclaimed in pleasure, digging himself into Frost's veins and slowly absorbing his blood. "It's been so long since I've tasted blood from a worthy foe!" Rhaast snickered at the bleeding alien, whose initial words fell upon deaf ears, until he mentioned the poison. Rhaast could hardly resist himself with such a wonderful dish right in front of him, but he was not so much of a beast as to prioritize primal hunger over an antidote. His eyes seemed to narrow as Frost reminded him of the predicament. "Hmph. Well, I don't intend on wasting this flesh. But you've already insulted my pride as a Darkin for far too long. I'm getting the antidote out of you one way or the other. I will not bow for a cowardly lizard like you!"

He smiled at Bad Girl. Now this was someone he could respect, unlike Kayn. Her wrath reminded him of his own. "With pleasure, Charlotte. But I prefer starting with the limbs first, if you don't mind..." He looked back at Frost. Using his left claw, he first stabbed into Frost's right armpit, before grabbing the very root of the arm and beginning to tear it off slowly. Flesh ripped as his bones creaked and groaned from the pressure. All the while, Rhaast used his right claw to slice his blade-self slowly down Frost's chest, toward his abdomen. "Spill it all, Frost! It will only get worse from here!" the scythe bellowed, "And don't think that you'll bleed out from all this! Our bodies are connected right now. I'll make sure you have just enough energy to maintain consciousness..."

He leaned in close to Frost's strained face. "Remember when Kayn said he would do worse than kill you? That was me talking through him. If I can't kill you, then I will destroy your mind, just as I did Kayn's!" With a final snap, the alien's right arm flopped to the ground as spewing blood decorated the ground, the walls, and... everything, really. The Darkin then placed his claw on the root of the injury, making sure he absorbed most of the blood. Perhaps he'd need it to be recirculated if Frost needed more discipline...
SAFEHOUSE
Frost unleashed an unholy scream as his arm was slowly separated from his body. His body twitched and squirmed. He writhed an howled, helpless to fight off his attacker. But after a few, agonizing seconds, his screams transformed into disturbed chuckles. He let his head slowly roll back. His eyes rolled shut.

"Here's the thing about torture, Darkin: It is only effective so long as the victim believes that there is an end to his suffering. The victim must believe that there is only one way that his suffering ends-- with submission. It can take hours, days, weeks, even years before the victim truly breaks. Hopeless doesn't set it with the removal of an arm, my friend. My end is near. Whether it comes at your hand or at Tormo's, I wont see this weeks end at this rate... All I need to do is last another 2 hours and I'll die happily knowing that I outlived you. This pain is temporary. Yours, however?"

He rested his good hand- his only hand- upon Rhaast's blade.

"Hopelessness. Pain. Dread. We're all being tortured today, 'Kayn'. Kneel before your crippled foe and live. Bisect me and join my in my shallow grave. The decision is yours. Hurry up and chose... I've grown tired of this merry dance..."

"You're right, Charlotte..." Frost gurgled and wheezed. A bead of blood trickled down Bad Girl's bat. "I have no card left to play... they're all on the table now. This one's for all the marbles.This is your Devil's Deal-- either we all live, or we all die... question is, how deep does your hate for me run?"

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies
How would a person react, in a situation such as this? Would they scream? Cry? Rescue who they could with no regard for themselves? How do people work in times like these? What do they do?

Marianne is a monster. Marianne is a bad omen. Marianne bears the mark of the beast. Marianne is destined for nothing but misfortune. Marianne can't get close to anyone for fear that her wicked and sinful being will spread to them, too, like a disease. Marianne is a disease, a terminal one that can only be ended in death. Her death. Why hadn't Haytham listened? Why did he believe in her? And now so many were going to...all because she couldn't hide away. Blood on her hands...so much blood...all because she was nothing. All because she couldn't be more.

She said nothing. What was there to say? Apologizing would do no good. Who forgives a beast for slaughter? No, all you do is put it out of its misery. So instead, Marianne ran, off to find that exit. Maybe the best way to save people here was just to not be here at all. And then...then she would find a place to perish. It was Prudence's only hope for her to do so.

@Sark
Yashamaru let out a sigh of relief as the battle reached an end. It seemed as though things would be far less hostile now...if only for a few moments. And these others all seemed at least somewhat reasonable... "My name is Yashamaru Kurama," he said. "This is Sean Diaz and Prototype. We came here to collect Daniel, but I suppose you all work as a team?" More mouths to feed and more bounties to pay, unless there was still time... "I need to make this quick. There's someone in an amusement park who can help us get the bombs Tormo planted deactivated. But we have to move fast if we want to do so, there's a maniac already there."
Yashamaru would give Prototype a pat on the head. "Can you get us the quickest route to the amusement park?" Whether anyone joined him or not, he didn't care. If he could at least get his bomb deactivated, he could give any companions his gold and wait for Arcade to collect his favor. He didn't want the brothers to get caught up in that deal.
Fwoosh!!
After he got back to his feet blinking away the spots in his vision from the camera's flash, he swung wide, attempting to destroy many of the closer bystanders' phones with a wide horizontal arch of yet another crystalized lance, attempting cut their phones in half yet keep their fingers intact. A warning for those who didn't heed Samus' words to leave.
"Ugh..."
Once the citizens and the 9s were gone, he slumped, leaning against the wall for support as the barrier around Daniel fell apart like broken glass before dissolving in the air. Taking a moment to catch his breath, he tiredly glanced at the newcomers.
"That's the one you were looking for?" He asked Daniel, motioning to Sean as he spoke. Even though this wasn't like the time when he'd been kidnapped, using so much magical energy at once made him tired
"Daniel!" Sean cried, running into the fray. Daniel had just gotten to his feet, childishly pouting despite the seriousness of the situation. He turned when he heard his brother's voice and his eyes went wide.
"Sean!"
He whipped his head back around to the fight. He was in awe of the barrier the other fighter had placed over him, but it was clear that guy had his hands full. Daniel reached behind him and Sean slammed into an invisible, telekinetic barrier the younger Diaz had conjured. "Sean, you gotta stay back!" he yelled.
Sean had fallen backward on to his butt. He was shaking his head at Daniel's words. "Daniel, just get out of there!"
"No, Sean, they're bad!"
Winds were blowing around the boy now as he turned on the enemy. They outnumbered them, but Daniel had power to spare. With a loud grunt, the boy pushed his hand down in the air, causing force to push down all the enemies.
MALL--> DISTRICT B STREETS
Reaching the Amusement Park was a task that was easier said that done. Even with Blade Wolf at their side to guide them from one side of the District to the other, their journey was still tiring and time consuming. The closer the Hunted came to the Amusement Park, the darker the sky grew; the pyres of smoke that had risen from the carcasses of the Fallen Skyscraper and the collapsed bank had stained the sky black. The dreary sky and roaring storm had put a dampener on the day's festivities; the majority District's residents had opted for a day in doors, rather than a day wasted hunting the Hunted.
The streets were strangely barren as the down Amusement Avenue. The peddlers that had spent the previous day waking their wares were nowhere to be found. The restaurants were closed. Their windows were boarded up. Nobody was buying or selling anything at all. The few ground-cars that remained parked by the side of the road were now little more than smoking, burned-out wrecks. You were walking into a ghost town. The only lights that shone on the street were projected from the city's ever-present hologram advertisers. They were still shilling their energy drinks and cosmetic surgeries as if nothing out of the blue was going on.
View attachment 7686
At the end of the road, a single soldier stood, her gun pressed closer to her abdomen. She signaled with a wave for the Hunted to turn back. Dressed head to toe in a shimmering set of pseudo-medieval armor, she was no doubt a member of the Knightblades, District A's own private security agency.
"Surrounding Blocks are closed unit further notice. Evacuation wrapped up an hour ago. I don't want any trouble from you guys. Kindly leave. I don't have time to call a clean up crew. Got enough troubles as it is."

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

@Sark
OPERA
Insanity Score Change:
Marianne von Edmund:
0 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] 10
Current Insanity Score: 9

Following the maze of beams and elevator planks from one side of the Opera house to the other would lead Marianne to a small, displaced ceiling panel. Crawling through the passageway would position her atop of the Opera House's roof. She had a view of the entire, soulless district. The rain roared around her. The wind howled. The air was cold enough to chill her to the bone. A familiar rope had been tied around the neck of a gargoyle and abandoned by the twisted soul that had used it to lower himself back down to the streets as part of his daring escape.

The Phantom was nowhere to be seen.
He could be anywhere in District A by now...

A wave of burning air struck Marianne's back. Flames forced their way through the Opera Houses' windows. Sharps of glass were tossed out into the streets. The District's residents panicked and ran, fleeing to summon the city's fire brigade. Nobody came. They had already been summoned elsewhere. In a few minutes, the Opera House would be gutted by flames. Haytham's best attempts to slow the fire's spread had failed. He was nowhere to be seen.

@Yun Lee

SAFEHOUSE
Frost unleashed an unholy scream as his arm was slowly separated from his body. His body twitched and squirmed. He writhed an howled, helpless to fight off his attacker. But after a few, agonizing seconds, his screams transformed into disturbed chuckles. He let his head slowly roll back. His eyes rolled shut.

"Here's the thing about torture, Darkin: It is only effective so long as the victim believes that there is an end to his suffering. The victim must believe that there is only one way that his suffering ends-- with submission. It can take hours, days, weeks, even years before the victim truly breaks. Hopeless doesn't set it with the removal of an arm, my friend. My end is near. Whether it comes at your hand or at Tormo's, I wont see this weeks end at this rate... All I need to do is last another 2 hours and I'll die happily knowing that I outlived you. This pain is temporary. Yours, however?"

"Hopelessness. Pain. Dread. We're all being tortured today, 'Kayn'. Kneel before your crippled foe and live. Bisect me and join my in my shallow grave. The decision is yours. Hurry up and chose... I've grown tired of this merry dance..."

"You're right, Charlotte..." Frost gurgled and wheezed. A bead of blood trickled down Bad Girl's bat. "I have no card left to play... they're all on the table now. This one's for all the marbles.This is your Devil's Deal-- either we all live, or we all die... question is, how deep does your hate for me run?"

MALL--> DISTRICT B STREETS
Reaching the Amusement Park was a task that was easier said that done. Even with Blade Wolf at their side to guide them from one side of the District to the other, their journey was still tiring and time consuming. The closer the Hunted came to the Amusement Park, the darker the sky grew; the pyres of smoke that had risen from the carcasses of the Fallen Skyscraper and the collapsed bank had stained the sky black. The dreary sky and roaring storm had put a dampener on the day's festivities; the majority District's residents had opted for a day in doors, rather than a day wasted hunting the Hunted.
The streets were strangely barren as the down Amusement Avenue. The peddlers that had spent the previous day waking their wares were nowhere to be found. The restaurants were closed. Their windows were boarded up. Nobody was buying or selling anything at all. The few ground-cars that remained parked by the side of the road were now little more than smoking, burned-out wrecks. You were walking into a ghost town. The only lights that shone on the street were projected from the city's ever-present hologram advertisers. They were still shilling their energy drinks and cosmetic surgeries as if nothing out of the blue was going on.
View attachment 7686
At the end of the road, a single soldier stood, her gun pressed closer to her abdomen. She signaled with a wave for the Hunted to turn back. Dressed head to toe in a shimmering set of pseudo-medieval armor, she was no doubt a member of the Knightblades, District A's own private security agency.
"Surrounding Blocks are closed unit further notice. Evacuation wrapped up an hour ago. I don't want any trouble from you guys. Kindly leave. I don't have time to call a clean up crew. Got enough troubles as it is."

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

OPERA
Insanity Score Change:
Marianne von Edmund:
[ ] 10
Current Insanity Score: 9

Following the maze of beams and elevator planks from one side of the Opera house to the other would lead Marianne to a small, displaced ceiling panel. Crawling through the passageway would position her atop of the Opera House's roof. She had a view of the entire, soulless district. The rain roared around her. The wind howled. The air was cold enough to chill her to the bone. A familiar rope had been tied around the neck of a gargoyle and abandoned by the twisted soul that had used it to lower himself back down to the streets as part of his daring escape.

The Phantom was nowhere to be seen.
He could be anywhere in District A by now...

A wave of burning air struck Marianne's back. Flames forced their way through the Opera Houses' windows. Sharps of glass were tossed out into the streets. The District's residents panicked and ran, fleeing to summon the city's fire brigade. Nobody came. They had already been summoned elsewhere. In a few minutes, the Opera House would be gutted by flames. Haytham's best attempts to slow the fire's spread had failed. He was nowhere to be seen.

@Yun Lee

Bad Girl laughed at Frost. "Oh, you dumb bitch." She poked the space warlords cheek with her bat again. "I don't fucking hate you. Well, not more than anything else in this fucking world. I just think you're really pathetic." Her bat moved from the cheek to his good arm. "I thought you would've been pathetic enough to spill it at some point but clearly..." Bad Girl's voice trailed off looking at Rhaast again. "Frosty thinks we're going to kill him. Cut off his tail and the rest of his limbs. We'll shove him on a cart or maybe I'll have him rid piggyback? That would be so fucking cute wouldn't it? Our very own living punching bag. I bet I could sit on him too. Wouldn't need a fucking chair ever again! You'd like that, wouldn't you bitch?"

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies

SAFEHOUSE

Frost's slick words caused Rhaast's rage to smolder and burn. He growled audibly, and his eyes practically ignited. How dare he talk down to him like that? But nevertheless, he took those words to heart. If his opponent could last for two hours, it would be all over. He wouldn't have a chance to wreak havoc. Eons of waiting in that cold darkness, within the scythe, only to break free and spend his time torturing an unrelenting lizard? It sickened him. He wanted to take lives, to spill blood.

But no matter what, he refused to even entertain the thought of bowing to a defeated coward. Instead, he thought about leaving this place and simply destroying as much as he could with his remaining two hours. Perhaps he could treat his limited time as an appetizer before returning to his seemingly eternal darkness. It would take years to find another worthy host, however...

Despite it all, he laughed, albeit angrily. "Don't forget who you're speaking to, worm! I am Rhaast! I am a Darkin! But you? You're not special: just one of many! Your mortal poison does not scare me. I cannot die from such trivial things-- only Kayn's flesh will. I need only to await another host. Meanwhile, you will weep in oblivion, just like Kayn!"

"I'm the one giving you options here," he continued, smiling, "If you decide to be a good little salamander, then you may carry on your worthless existence. Rebuild your strength. Have another chance at life. If not... well. Not even your stain will last a day!" It was unlike Rhaast to even think about sparing an enemy like this, but it was his only option. He had a world to bathe in blood.

He grabbed Frost's other arm and began to rip. "You better decide fast. My patience runs thin!"

If Frost refused to bow, Rhaast would, in an agonizingly slow fashion, rip the rest of Frost's limbs off, with his tail being last. "I suppose it's your turn now, Charlotte. It seems you've got some unusual plans in mind..." The scythe would rip himself out of Frost's body, but a shadowy connection remained between the two of them (by which he would funnel blood in case Frost decided to prematurely die).​

Last edited:
"I'm the one giving you options here," he continued, smiling, "If you decide to be a good little salamander, then you may carry on your worthless existence. Rebuild your strength. Have another chance at life. If not... well. Not even your stain will last a day!" It was unlike Rhaast to even think about sparing an enemy like this, but it was his only option. He had a world to bathe in blood.

He grabbed Frost's other arm and began to rip. "You better decide fast. My patience runs thin!"

If Frost refused to bow, Rhaast would, in an agonizingly slow fashion, rip the rest of Frost's limbs off, with his tail being last. "I suppose it's your turn now, Charlotte. It seems you've got some unusual plans in mind..." The scythe would rip himself out of Frost's body, but a shadowy connection remained between the two of them (by which he would funnel blood in case Frost decided to prematurely die).
SAFE HOUSE
Frost didn't waste so much as a second considering his reply. Grovelling came naturally to him. He knew his place. He was a survivor. Pride? Honor? Though valuable, such things were worthless compared to the price he placed upon life.
"I yield." He groaned, bowing his head slightly. "Spare my life - and, of course, my arm - and they are yours to command..."
A chance to live. It appeared as if Frost was going to get what he wanted after all.
"Remove your blade and let me lead you to the antidote... Master Rhaast. You saw the potential I expressed back at the Hotel. Keep Charlotte in check and assure my safety, and you will have an indispensable ally at your disposal..."
Bad Girl laughed at Frost. "Oh, you dumb bitch." She poked the space warlords cheek with her bat again. "I don't fucking hate you. Well, not more than anything else in this fucking world. I just think you're really pathetic." Her bat moved from the cheek to his good arm. "I thought you would've been pathetic enough to spill it at some point but clearly..." Bad Girl's voice trailed off looking at Rhaast again. "Frosty thinks we're going to kill him. Cut off his tail and the rest of his limbs. We'll shove him on a cart or maybe I'll have him rid piggyback? That would be so fucking cute wouldn't it? Our very own living punching bag. I bet I could sit on him too. Wouldn't need a fucking chair ever again! You'd like that, wouldn't you bitch?"
"It's no wonder this planet hates us..." Frost wheezed. "You're a maniac, Bad Girl. You're a maniac through and through. To disgust even me, well... you truly are degenerate. When Rhaast threatens to kill me, I believe him. Your cartoon threats, however? They're as empty as that thick skull of yours... damn ape..."

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost

SAFE HOUSE
Frost didn't waste so much as a second considering his reply. Grovelling came naturally to him. He knew his place. He was a survivor. Pride? Honor? Though valuable, such things were worthless compared to the price he placed upon life.
"I yield." He groaned, bowing his head slightly. "Spare my life - and, of course, my arm - and they are yours to command..."
A chance to live. It appeared as if Frost was going to get what he wanted after all.
"Remove your blade and let me lead you to the antidote... Master Rhaast. You saw the potential I expressed back at the Hotel. Keep Charlotte in check and assure my safety, and you will have an indispensable ally at your disposal..."

"It's no wonder this planet hates us..." Frost wheezed. "You're a maniac, Bad Girl. You're a maniac through and through. To disgust even me, well... you truly are degenerate. When Rhaast threatens to kill me, I believe him. Your cartoon threats, however? They're as empty as that thick skull of yours... damn ape..."

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost

Frost got a swift kick to his face as a response. "Aww is the little baby cranky? Little bitch baby cranky cause a girl with a bat and..." She looked at Rhaast. "Whatever the fuck you are kicked your ass?" Frost suddenly felt himself get dragged across the floor to a nearby chair where she casually picked him up and place him over her lap. "You know what happens to naughty children don't you?"

The bat swung back before hitting him square on the ass. "They get fucking spanked! Hey! Safehouse assholes!" She shouted to whoever was still left in the safe house. "You guys want to see the powerful space sperm get spanked because he's a fucking loser that can't even beat me up?" The bat swung again and hit its mark. Humiliated, battered, and bruised. Maybe this would do something to this alien's damn ego.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies

Frost got a swift kick to his face as a response. "Aww is the little baby cranky? Little bitch baby cranky cause a girl with a bat and..." She looked at Rhaast. "Whatever the fuck you are kicked your ass?" Frost suddenly felt himself get dragged across the floor to a nearby chair where she casually picked him up and place him over her lap. "You know what happens to naughty children don't you?"

The bat swung back before hitting him square on the ass. "They get fucking spanked! Hey! Safehouse assholes!" She shouted to whoever was still left in the safe house. "You guys want to see the powerful space sperm get spanked because he's a fucking loser that can't even beat me up?" The bat swung again and hit its mark. Humiliated, battered, and bruised. Maybe this would do something to this alien's damn ego.
Rhaast savored Frost's words before removing himself from the alien, leaving behind a shadowy connection. He enjoyed being called master. His name meant 'obey,' after all. But he couldn't help but laugh at the situation that unfolded before him. "Ha ha! Guess her skull isn't so empty after all, huh, Frost? But I digress. I never promised I'd stop Charlotte from doing anything. You've got your life, don't you?"

He took a step toward the humiliating scene, shrugging. "I have no reason to escort you just yet. Why would I need to go to such lengths? Can't you just tell me where the antidote is?" he commented.​

Last edited:
NARANCIA GHIRGA
@Sark @Lucky @Takumi @Jeremi

Narancia decided to not push Frank West any further, leaving him without a word.

He joined the group and (reluctantly) Juri and Allison on their quest to infiltrate the base.

The infiltration party would briefly see Aerosmith before it flew up and disappeared into the rain.

He’s using it to monitor the carbon dioxide signals 90 meters surrounding their area. He wouldn’t see any pictures, only dots. It wouldn’t matter if they were indoors or outdoors.

Narancia decided to not push Frank West any further, leaving him without a word.

He joined the group and (reluctantly) Juri and Allison on their quest to infiltrate the base.

The infiltration party would briefly see Aerosmith before it flew up and disappeared into the rain.

He’s using it to monitor the carbon dioxide signals 90 meters surrounding their area. He wouldn’t see any pictures, only dots. It wouldn’t matter if they were indoors or outdoors.
Eight Hearts didn't much care for the quippathon that was going on and instead put his attention on the task at hand. "Well, obviously we should stay out of the lights to not get spotted," He remarked. "Stealth seems to be the logical answer but I'm not quite sure how good any of us are with that. Perhaps if...I have quite the amount of firepower, though I may not look it. The generator is shielded but perhaps that doesn't mean much if we...take a chunk of the bridge with it. I clearly went ahead of myself. We need to somehow get there quickly, and quietly."
OUTPOST
Aerosmith's scan of the Outpost would reveal that there were no hidden guards lurking inside the outpost. The only guards paroling the facility were the ones they could see from their alley hiding place. Additionally, the militarized zone surrounding the bridge had forced out all civilians. There were no carbon signals in any of the surrounding slums. Collateral damage wasn't a concept worth worrying about.

"No... no you might be onto something..." Ventress hummed. "Those mounted guns can only swivel so far... once we get past those spotlights undetected, we can be loud as we like--"

"Oh, I don't need permission to be lou--"

"--
But the spotlights remain a problem... we need to find a way past that if we want to stand a chance..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Lucky

Rhaast savored Frost's words before removing himself from the alien, leaving behind a shadowy connection. He enjoyed being called master. His name meant 'obey,' after all. But he couldn't help but laugh at the situation that unfolded before him. "Ha ha! Guess her skull isn't so empty after all, huh, Frost? But I digress. I never promised I'd stop Charlotte from doing anything. You've got your life, don't you?"
He took a step toward the humiliating scene, shrugging. "I have no reason to escort you just yet. Why would I need to go to such lengths? Can't you just tell me where the antidote is?" he commented.
SAFEHOUSE
Chuck, Katey and Samatoki slowly returned to the hall. Initially, their bodies were tense and their weapons were drawn. The sight of Frost getting spanked within an inch of his life, however? That was enough to put them at easy. With a smirk, Chuck approached the fridge and cracked open a beer. He tossed another can to Samatoki and rolled one across the floor towards Bad Girl.

"I'm guessing you fuckers have worked out your differences?" He sipped his drink. "When you're done torturing the lizard, we can get back to business. Samatoki knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a way we can get these bombs out of our necks. We don't have much time. As much as I'd like to cut you out of the deal after you trashed our fucking house, Sam says that you nutbars might still be able to lend a hand.'

Chuck put his can down on the edge of the couch. The second it left his hand, Katey went to pick it up.
"Put it down, junior."
Katey rolled her eyes and threw herself against the wall. She folded her arms and turned back towards the show Bad Girl was putting on in the middle of the room.
"Fine... God..." She placed her gun the broken dresser. "So we're gonna pretend that the Demon and the Batter were the good guys all along?"
"Good? Bad? Does it matter?" Samatoki groaned. "What matters is that we can get off this damn rock before things get any worse. We're not looking for heroes. We're looking for survivors. Bad Girl and... that other guy beat Frost. That means we're working with them. Simple as that."
"My bike can fit two people, tops. Better hope that your 'survivors' have got runners-legs. We're going to have to double time it if we're going to reach the Casino before your guy gets spooked."
"Yeah, my guy's not exactly the chill kind."
"No chill? Sounds like my kind of... my kind... kind of..."
Crack!
Katey fell backwards, her arms flailing like a windmill sails. Her eyes rolled as her consciousness faded.
"Christ!" Chuck exclaimed, skidding to her side. He took her head in his hand. He pressed his ear to her lips, searching for even the faintest breath. "She's barely still with us. The fuck just..."
Bzz Bzz Bzz
Katey's phone vibrated again. Chuck picked it up off of the floor.
"Zombrex..." He muttered to himself. "I never found her zombrex in that vault... There was just so much going on and... that ninja..." His thinned his eyes and bared his teeth. "He must've taken my lock-box... he took it from me... he took her from me..."

Sanity Score Change:
Chuck Greene

[ ] 10
Current Insanity Score: 9.9

"What's happening, Chuckie?" Samatoki skeptically approached the pair. "What's up with her?"
"Her medicine..." He growled grimly. "She hasn't had her medicine in the last 24 hours... her phone must have been going off for ages... Why didn't you SHITS tell me...?" His fingers tightened around the phone until his knuckles burned white. He snapped. He smashed the device against the base of the fireplace and struck Bad Girl with a blazing glare. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me?"
"Easy, Chuck... Easy..."
"No... No this isn't gonna be easy..." Chuck snared like an old dog. "We need to find that Ninja. We need to hunt him down. We need to go get my fucking lock-box!"
"The bombs! We need to focus on removing the bom--"
"What good will removing the bombs do if she's--" He stopped himself mid-word. He delicately laid Katey's head down at the base of the fire and slowly rose to his feet. He picked up his paddelsaw and marched towards the door. "I'm going after Yashamaru. We've got an hour before she's... before we lose her..."
"You'll never find him. Not in that amount of time."
"I've got to try."
"Christ, Chuck!" Mr.HC yelled. "You think I don't know how you're feeling, man? I've got a sister. If this shit was happening to her, I'd lose it too. But you need to use your head. You're not doing to find Yashamaru. You don't know where to start. You need to be here for her when she--"
"No. No what I need to do is find her some goddamn zombrex!" Chuck's punched straight through the drywall. "And you shits are going to help me... or so help me God..."
Mr.HC's hand drifted to his temples.
"Oh, God help us alright..."
After a suitably humiliating period of spanking, Frost's tail caught Bad Girl's bat mid-strike and ripped it from her hands.
"When you're quite finished!" The demon snapped, wriggling free from her grasp. Limping, Frost did his best to cover his wounds and find a free set upon the couch. He threw himself into the chair with a wheezing huff. "We're all running out of time... Yes... all of us. What a predicament. Now, my dearest teammates, you have about an hour before my poison starts to really kick in. It's going to take about half that time for me to lead to where I've hidden it. Of course, I cannot simply tell you its location, Rhaast, lest you kill me. I'm not a fool. As for our host, he needs us to meet a friend of his at the Casino within the hour, lest we miss our shot at avoiding a very bloody, explosive death in 32 hours. Oh, and Chuck's lovely daughter needs us to find Yashamaru in the next 50 minutes, lest she bites the dust. So much to do and so little time... So tell me, friends... can you afford to waste any more time tormenting me? Or shall we start prioritizing and get back to work? What will it be? Her life? Or yours?"

COUNTDOWN:
32 HOURS UNIT BOMBS DETONATE
1 HOUR UNTIL BAD GIRL SUCCUMBS TO FROST'S POISON
1 HOUR UNTIL RENA SUCCUMBS TO FROST'S POISON
1 HOUR UNTIL KAYN/RHAAST SUCCUMBS TO FROST'S POISON
1 HOUR UNTIL CHUCK BECOMES A MANIAC

50 MINUTES UNTIL KATEY SUCCUMBS TO HER SICKNESS
CURRENT TIME: 14:00PM

OUTPOST
Aerosmith's scan of the Outpost would reveal that there were no hidden guards lurking inside the outpost. The only guards paroling the facility were the ones they could see from their alley hiding place. Additionally, the militarized zone surrounding the bridge had forced out all civilians. There were no carbon signals in any of the surrounding slums. Collateral damage wasn't a concept worth worrying about.

"No... no you might be onto something..." Ventress hummed. "Those mounted guns can only swivel so far... once we get past those spotlights undetected, we can be loud as we like--"

"Oh, I don't need permission to be lou--"

"--
But the spotlights remain a problem... we need to find a way past that if we want to stand a chance..."

SAFEHOUSE
Chuck, Katey and Samatoki slowly returned to the hall. Initially, their bodies were tense and their weapons were drawn. The sight of Frost getting spanked within an inch of his life, however? That was enough to put them at easy. With a smirk, Chuck approached the fridge and cracked open a beer. He tossed another can to Samatoki and rolled one across the floor towards Bad Girl.

"I'm guessing you fuckers have worked out your differences?" He sipped his drink. "When you're done torturing the lizard, we can get back to business. Samatoki knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a way we can get these bombs out of our necks. We don't have much time. As much as I'd like to cut you out of the deal after you trashed our fucking house, Sam says that you nutbars might still be able to lend a hand.'

Chuck put his can down on the edge of the couch. The second it left his hand, Katey went to pick it up.
"Put it down, junior."
Katey rolled her eyes and threw herself against the wall. She folded her arms and turned back towards the show Bad Girl was putting on in the middle of the room.
"Fine... God..." She placed her gun the broken dresser. "So we're gonna pretend that the Demon and the Batter were the good guys all along?"
"Good? Bad? Does it matter?" Samatoki groaned. "What matters is that we can get off this damn rock before things get any worse. We're not looking for heroes. We're looking for survivors. Bad Girl and... that other guy beat Frost. That means we're working with them. Simple as that."
"My bike can fit two people, tops. Better hope that your 'survivors' have got runners-legs. We're going to have to double time it if we're going to reach the Casino before your guy gets spooked."
Crack!
Katey fell backwards, her arms flailing like a windmill sails. Her eyes rolled as her consciousness faded.
"Christ!" Chuck exclaimed, skidding to her side. He took her head in his hand. He pressed his ear to her lips, searching for even the faintest breath. "She's barely still with us. The fuck just..."
Bzz Bzz Bzz
"Zombrex..." He muttered to himself. "I never found her zombrex in that vault... There was just so much going on and... that ninja..." His thinned his eyes and bared his teeth. "He must've taken my lock-box... he took it from me... he took her from me..."

Sanity Score Change:
Chuck Greene

[ ] 10

"What's happening, Chuckie?" Samatoki skeptically approached the pair. "What's up with her?"
"Her medicine..." He growled grimly. "She hasn't had her medicine in the last 24 hours... her phone must have been going off for ages... Why didn't you SHITS tell me...?" His fingers tightened around the phone until his knuckles burned white. He snapped. He smashed the device against the base of the fireplace and struck Bad Girl with a blazing glare. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me?"
"Easy, Chuck... Easy..."
"No... No this isn't gonna be easy..." Chuck snared like an old dog. "We need to find that Ninja. We need to hunt him down. We need to go get my fucking lock-box!"
"What good will removing the bombs do if she's--" He stopped himself mid-word. He delicately laid Katey's head down at the base of the fire and slowly rose to his feet. He picked up his paddelsaw and marched towards the door. "I'm going after Yashamaru. We've got an hour before she's... before we lose her..."
"I've got to try."
"Christ, Chuck!" Mr.HC yelled. "You think I don't know how you're feeling, man? I've got a sister. If this shit was happening to her, I'd lose it too. But you need to use your head. You're not doing to find Yashamaru. You don't know where to start. You need to be here for her when she--"
"No. No what I need to do is find her some goddamn zombrex!" Chuck's punched straight through the drywall. "And you shits are going to help me... or so help me God..."
After a suitably humiliating period of spanking, Frost's tail caught Bad Girl's bat mid-strike and ripped it from her hands.
"When you're quite finished!" The demon snapped, wriggling free from her grasp. Limping, Frost did his best to cover his wounds and find a free set upon the couch. He threw himself into the chair with a wheezing huff. "We're all running out of time... Yes... all of us. What a predicament. Now, my dearest teammates, you have about an hour before my poison starts to really kick in. It's going to take about half that time for me to lead to where I've hidden it. Of course, I cannot simply tell you its location, Rhaast, lest you kill me. I'm not a fool. As for our host, he needs us to meet a friend of his at the Casino within the hour, lest we miss our shot at avoiding a very bloody, explosive death in 32 hours. Oh, and Chuck's lovely daughter needs us to find Yashamaru in the next 50 minutes, lest she bites the dust. So much to do and so little time... So tell me, friends... can you afford to waste any more time tormenting me? Or shall we start prioritizing and get back to work? What will it be? Her life? Or yours?"

COUNTDOWN:
32 HOURS UNIT BOMBS DETONATE
1 HOUR UNTIL BAD GIRL SUCCUMBS TO FROST'S POISON
1 HOUR UNTIL RENA SUCCUMBS TO FROST'S POISON
1 HOUR UNTIL KAYN/RHAAST SUCCUMBS TO FROST'S POISON
1 HOUR UNTIL CHUCK BECOMES A MANIAC

50 MINUTES UNTIL KATEY SUCCUMBS TO HER SICKNESS
CURRENT TIME: 14:00PM

Eight Hearts pondered. "Our best bet it is to find a decent route to pass by the lights as they move from position. I would have suggested to use the boys little airship but that would no doubt attract unwanted attention. It's never too easy for someone like us after all."

Bad Girl just casually walked past Frost and picked up her bat. "Well, this is a fucking no brainer." She started to head towards the door. "Let's go find that shitty ninja to help the poor Chuckster." She picked up the beer can and corked it before downing it in one go. "Just to stop all of this whining."

@Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

"Put it down, junior."
Crack!
Bzz Bzz Bzz

Sanity Score Change:
Chuck Greene

[ ] 10

"Easy, Chuck... Easy..."
"I've got to try."
Bad Girl just casually walked past Frost and picked up her bat. "Well, this is a fucking no brainer." She started to head towards the door. "Let's go find that shitty ninja to help the poor Chuckster." She picked up the beer can and corked it before downing it in one go. "Just to stop all of this whining."

Leaning against himself with arms crossed, the Darkin stared intently as the new meat entered the room. Were they not afraid of his presence? He felt almost insulted by their relative lack of judgment, but he was also intrigued. Perhaps he merely blended in with all the strange creatures on the planet? "You've all got quite the gall, associating with a Darkin such as I," he began, picking himself up, "You have no idea how hard it is to not tear you all to shreds..." Despite his threats, he did nothing.

His original plan was to follow Frost, get cured, and then destroy everything in sight. Doing that, he would inevitably garner enough credits to invalidate his collar. But if he could expedite the process and murder without chains, he'd take that option. It was only an hour wait, after all. Then he would be truly liberated...

But then, Chuck lost his mind. His annoying whines droned in Rhaast's ears before the Darkin spoke out. "Oh would you shut up already!? Your daughter's dead. Get over it," he exclaimed angrily, choosing not to reveal how Frost had shattered the vial back at the vault. He looked at Bad Girl and Chuck, shaking his head in disapproval. "If that's your decision, then we'll be parting ways," he said derisively, as if suddenly losing all respect for Charlotte, "Neither of you even know if Yashamaru has the medicine you speak of. And yet you two want to risk your lives trying to blindly save some insignificant girl? ...Idiots!"

He glanced at Frost, and then at Samatoki. "HC was it? You're coming with us," Rhaast barked, taking a few steps toward him. "I'm done wasting time in this wretched place!"

But then, Chuck lost his mind. His annoying whines droned in Rhaast's ears before the Darkin spoke out. "Oh would you shut up already!? Your daughter's dead. Get over it," he exclaimed angrily, choosing not to reveal how Frost had shattered the vial back at the vault. He looked at Bad Girl and Chuck, shaking his head in disapproval. "If that's your decision, then we'll be parting ways," he said derisively, as if suddenly losing all respect for Charlotte, "Neither of you even know if Yashamaru has the medicine you speak of. And yet you two want to risk your lives trying to blindly save some insignificant girl? ...Idiots!"

He glanced at Frost, and then at Samatoki. "HC was it? You're coming with us," Rhaast barked, taking a few steps toward him. "I'm done wasting time in this wretched place!"
SAFEHOUSE
"You want to say that again, you son of a bitch?" Chuck growled, hate dancing in his eyes. He picked Katey's SMG up off of the dresser and clicked its safety off. He raised it up to the Darkin's eye-line. "Say it again! Say it again!"
"You too? You're gonna fight in front of the lady?" Mr.HC muttered, pushing the gun's barrel back down towards the floor. "Take a walk before I drop your ass, Chucklefuck."
Chuck turned away from Rhaast and back towards Katey. His finger kept tapping upon the side of her gun.
"We'll fix you..." He muttered to her sleeping body as he took her in her arms. He gently lowered her back down upon the couch. "That's what daddy does... he fixes thing... he can fix anything..."
He didn't acknowledge HC further. He didn't address Rhaast. He simply made his way towards the door, his eyes fixed before him.
"Bad Girl. We're leaving."
SAFEHOUSE-->DISTRICT B STREETS
VVVVVVVZZZZZZZZZZ
Blade Wolf turned on the spot and lowered its head.
[[POTENTIAL HOSTILE DETECTED]]
"What angle?" Aran gripped her blaster arm and started accessing the Mall Party's flank. "Where are they coming from?"
VVVVVVVZZZZZ
The sound was circling. It sounded like... an engine... no... three engines. One large and two small.
[[ASSESSING]]
"I don't like the sound of that... Give me and angle..."
[[ASSESSING]]
"It's getting closer, prototype... give us an angle!"
[ASSESSING]]
"Not good enough! Give us an---"
VVVZZZZZZZZZAAAAAA
A motorcycle soared over the heads of the mall team. With a bang and a screech, it came cashing down at the end of the street. Smoke poured from its revving hind-wheel. The Knightblade solider at the end of the road cautiously raised her weapon.
View attachment 7721
Chuck Greene let the motorcycles mounted upon his Slicycle roar. He gave Bad Girl a chance to step off of his bike, should she chose to do so.
"Which one of your roaches has my fucking lock-box?" Chuck screamed. "Where's the ninja? Where's the fucking ninja?!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky @Crunch
SAFEHOUSE-->40th BOULEVARD
Half an Hour crawled by. Rhaast could feet the poison slowly burn its way through Kayn's veins. The pain was starting to set in. Soon, it would be replaced by a chilling numbness, and then? On his faith could tell him what was coming after that. Frost was starting to tread familiar ground. His journey had come full circle. He had returned to the corner where his game had began.
View attachment 7722
"We getting close?" Mr.HC groaned. "My guy's not going to wait much longer."
"Don't worry... we're almost there..." The Frost Demon crouched down beside a pile of trash cans at the side of the road. "It's should just be..." He started rummaging. "Just here..." He kept rummaging. "Just..." And rummaging. "Just... somewhere..." And rummaging. "Somewhere..."
"Uh-oh..." Mr.HC cooed. "Someone has been caught ou-out."
"No... no it's meant to be here... I threw it here... I'm certain that I threw it here..."
"Well... the game started yesterday, right? At like... 7pm or some shit?"
"Yeah? But what does that--" A moment later, it hit him. "Oh... oh shit..."
"The Trash-Guys come down at like 6am. They pick up whatever they find"
"Oh..."
"So that antidote of yours is probably halfway towards the District C incinerators by now."
"Rhaast is going to kill me now... isn't he?"
"Shit, I don't know." HC shrugged. "I probably would, but I'm not the guy who's dying here. If we start running, we can probably cut the trash-guy off before he reaches the border. They're probably going through their final checks at the bridge about now... but even then it's 50/50 if we can find that antidote in time. We're gonna have to start counting minutes... It's almost as if someone was stalling for time here..."

@Ottonomous Ghost

NARANCIA GHIRGA
@Sark @Lucky @Takumi @Jeremi

"If you want some good news,"
Narancia said to the group, "there are no hidden guards, and the area outside is clear of civilians, or at least none that exhale carbon dioxide."

Narancia then used his Aerosmith's radar to try and see map, as it can see the outlines of buildings and the like in a 90-meter radius.

If it wasn't one thing, it was another...Yashamaru sighed at their new arrival, taking a step forward. May as well surrender what he had taken to keep the peace. "First of all, I am a samurai, not a ninja. You were in the bank, weren't you? Hold on a moment..." With one hand he counted the names he remembered on the boxes. "Trudgen Ren, Juri Han, Asajj Ventress, 45 Rabbit, Sam Rodrigues. Are any of those you? I have everything from those boxes." Sam...wasn't that the name of a maniac? Well, considering the motorcycle this one was riding, it'd make sense...but there was also another possibility, one he wanted to bring up just in case this man tried to attack him or worse, these children. "If your name was Chuck, however...someone bumped into the wall and broke your box when you killed that man. I believe it was the bald creature with the tail."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi

---

Hide away...just hide away...all she could do was hide away and wait for the bomb to put an end to all this. Taking her own life was too much of a mercy, really. Putting a beast out of its misery is something you can really only do if it has no feelings or rationality left. That was the worst thing about Marianne: she could still choose, and feel, and realize the consequences of her actions. Hopefully her actions would no longer hurt anyone but herself.

The girl walked aimlessly, really, just looking for the outskirts of Prudence in order to hide away. Her hair's already untidy bun had fallen apart, leaving her hair down. There was a look in her eyes as that of a corpse, dead even though her heart beat still. She paid no mind to the casino as she walked by it-there was no point in taking interest in yet another place she'd no doubt destroy.

@Sark @Opera -> Casino​

SAFEHOUSE
"You want to say that again, you son of a bitch?" Chuck growled, hate dancing in his eyes. He picked Katey's SMG up off of the dresser and clicked its safety off. He raised it up to the Darkin's eye-line. "Say it again! Say it again!"
"You too? You're gonna fight in front of the lady?" Mr.HC muttered, pushing the gun's barrel back down towards the floor. "Take a walk before I drop your ass, Chucklefuck."
Chuck turned away from Rhaast and back towards Katey. His finger kept tapping upon the side of her gun.
"We'll fix you..." He muttered to her sleeping body as he took her in her arms. He gently lowered her back down upon the couch. "That's what daddy does... he fixes thing... he can fix anything..."
He didn't acknowledge HC further. He didn't address Rhaast. He simply made his way towards the door, his eyes fixed before him.
"Bad Girl. We're leaving."

SAFEHOUSE-->DISTRICT B STREETS
VVVVVVVZZZZZZZZZZ
Blade Wolf turned on the spot and lowered its head.
[[POTENTIAL HOSTILE DETECTED]]
"What angle?" Aran gripped her blaster arm and started accessing the Mall Party's flank. "Where are they coming from?"
VVVVVVVZZZZZ
The sound was circling. It sounded like... an engine... no... three engines. One large and two small.
[[ASSESSING]]
"I don't like the sound of that... Give me and angle..."
[[ASSESSING]]
"It's getting closer, prototype... give us an angle!"
[ASSESSING]]
"Not good enough! Give us an---"
VVVZZZZZZZZZAAAAAA
A motorcycle soared over the heads of the mall team. With a bang and a screech, it came cashing down at the end of the street. Smoke poured from its revving hind-wheel. The Knightblade solider at the end of the road cautiously raised her weapon.
View attachment 7721
Chuck Greene let the motorcycles mounted upon his Slicycle roar. He gave Bad Girl a chance to step off of his bike, should she chose to do so.
"Which one of your roaches has my fucking lock-box?" Chuck screamed. "Where's the ninja? Where's the fucking ninja?!"

SAFEHOUSE-->40th BOULEVARD
Half an Hour crawled by. Rhaast could feet the poison slowly burn its way through Kayn's veins. The pain was starting to set in. Soon, it would be replaced by a chilling numbness, and then? On his faith could tell him what was coming after that. Frost was starting to tread familiar ground. His journey had come full circle. He had returned to the corner where his game had began.
View attachment 7722
"We getting close?" Mr.HC groaned. "My guy's not going to wait much longer."
"Don't worry... we're almost there..." The Frost Demon crouched down beside a pile of trash cans at the side of the road. "It's should just be..." He started rummaging. "Just here..." He kept rummaging. "Just..." And rummaging. "Just... somewhere..." And rummaging. "Somewhere..."
"Uh-oh..." Mr.HC cooed. "Someone has been caught ou-out."
"No... no it's meant to be here... I threw it here... I'm certain that I threw it here..."
"Well... the game started yesterday, right? At like... 7pm or some shit?"
"Yeah? But what does that--" A moment later, it hit him. "Oh... oh shit..."
"The Trash-Guys come down at like 6am. They pick up whatever they find"
"Oh..."
"So that antidote of yours is probably halfway towards the District C incinerators by now."
"Rhaast is going to kill me now... isn't he?"
"Shit, I don't know." HC shrugged. "I probably would, but I'm not the guy who's dying here. If we start running, we can probably cut the trash-guy off before he reaches the border. They're probably going through their final checks at the bridge about now... but even then it's 50/50 if we can find that antidote in time. We're gonna have to start counting minutes... It's almost as if someone was stalling for time here..."

@Ottonomous Ghost

Bad Girl twirled off the bike and gave the two a hard look. "You better answer him. 'Cause I'm about to die anyway and I'll gladly drag you fuckers with me when I go. That's a fucking promise."

If it wasn't one thing, it was another...Yashamaru sighed at their new arrival, taking a step forward. May as well surrender what he had taken to keep the peace. "First of all, I am a samurai, not a ninja. You were in the bank, weren't you? Hold on a moment..." With one hand he counted the names he remembered on the boxes. "Trudgen Ren, Juri Han, Asajj Ventress, 45 Rabbit, Sam Rodrigues. Are any of those you? I have everything from those boxes." Sam...wasn't that the name of a maniac? Well, considering the motorcycle this one was riding, it'd make sense...but there was also another possibility, one he wanted to bring up just in case this man tried to attack him or worse, these children. "If your name was Chuck, however...someone bumped into the wall and broke your box when you killed that man. I believe it was the bald creature with the tail."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi

---

Hide away...just hide away...all she could do was hide away and wait for the bomb to put an end to all this. Taking her own life was too much of a mercy, really. Putting a beast out of its misery is something you can really only do if it has no feelings or rationality left. That was the worst thing about Marianne: she could still choose, and feel, and realize the consequences of her actions. Hopefully her actions would no longer hurt anyone but herself.

The girl walked aimlessly, really, just looking for the outskirts of Prudence in order to hide away. Her hair's already untidy bun had fallen apart, leaving her hair down. There was a look in her eyes as that of a corpse, dead even though her heart beat still. She paid no mind to the casino as she walked by it-there was no point in taking interest in yet another place she'd no doubt destroy.

@Sark @Opera -> Casino​

"Son of bitch!" Bad Girl snapped. "That fucking asshole piece of shit!" It was hard to tell if she was mad for Chuck's sake or for her own in wasting the little time she had. "Motherfucker poisons me and pretty much gave his kid a slow death sentence! Next time I see him I'm definitely going to shove my bad up his ass for real! I'M DONE PLAYING AROUND WITH THAT FUCKING BITCH!" If Bad Girl took it this bad, Chuck would probably take it even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back