Side Story Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayn and Rhaast
@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @District A Underground

Kayn quickened his pace as he got closer to the wall before feeling a sudden chill, contrasting the heat of the blaster and of Rhaast's corruption. He felt that there was now a third party trying to take his life. He looked to the side to see Saltzpyre, but it wasn't until he heard the clicking of flintlock that he fully snapped out of his stupor. While Bilgewater pistols weren't nearly as fast as a laser rifle, they were just as deadly. Kayn grunted as he used one last boost of shadow magic to propel himself one more time toward the wall, diving into it finally. The wispy silhouettes of his figure left behind ended up taking the hot steel in his stead, poking holes in it until it fully dissipated.

He sighed in relief within his void of shadows, his burning wound now chilled and warping back to normal. It would leave a nasty scar, though, that's for sure. In the mean time, he tried to make sense of why Saltzpyre was so hell-bent on taking his scythe away. The will of Sigmar? Why would Sigmar want a Darkin so badly?

His demeanor fully recovered, Kayn's voice echoed as he spoke to Victor from inside the wall, "I do not know why you are so infatuated with Rhaast, but I can tell you weren't trying to kill me with those shots. I will consider sparing you for that. At least, until I discover the true nature of this foolish tournament."

"So, why is it you are so fixated on my weapon?"

"Hm. On second thought, I wouldn't mind lending him my power. His zeal is quite admirable," Rhaast remarked happily.

"Quiet. You're not involved in this conversation."

Last edited:

Maya "Echo" Visari

The Half Vektan/Half Helghast felt the silver around her neck. "So this is some damn sick death game. Not exactly what I was trained for but this will have to do. She lightly growled as she placed her sniper away. She had to be a fair distance away and she did what she had to do. She pressed inside of her scarf and she faded from view. But she was somewhere in the world.

This neon paradise was too flashy, but it reminded her of home somewhat. New Helghan was dirty, filthy but it had its points. This place had less security checkpoints which was excellent.

She decided to move on, keeping on moving and her form moving into the sewers, the edges and the darkness keeping her concealed for now. She moved through the sewers and popped up at the motel, pulling the sewer cap on, keeping on moving toward the motel.

@Sark @District B-The Streets>>Sewers>>Motel

"...my hair?" Marianne picked up one of the locks of light blue that framed her face amd stared at it. So, this was uncommon here? Come to think of it, everyone else looked quite different than she did. Muted colors, different clothing...well, she was still in her Academy uniform, so that made sense. Maybe it would be a good idea to buy something new to wear...

"Oh. Hello," she said, giving this newcomer a nod of greeting as he joined her on the stairway. Maybe she could follow that boy into the store...but she wasn't sure just yet where to go. It might be best to see if what happened downstairs escalated so she could help if somebody got hurt.

@Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Crunch

---

"We all do," Yashamaru replied to Sean. Only a few years older, he did understand how frightening this all must be for a boy. "But our only hope is making money...or stopping Sorc Tormo within the week. But, considering that may not happen..."

The thief, as if it was nothing, walked right off the edge of the roof. He reappeared a few moments later, floating above the city with red wings where his cape had once been. "I can take someone with me, if you can't fly yourself. And if more of you want to join us," he motioned towards the old Devil, realizing none of them had exchanged names just yet, "I'm fine making trips."

@Sark @Atomic Knight @dark @Minerva

Kayn and Rhaast
@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @District A Underground

Kayn quickened his pace as he got closer to the wall before feeling a sudden chill, contrasting the heat of the blaster and of Rhaast's corruption. He felt that there was now a third party trying to take his life. He looked to the side to see Saltzpyre, but it wasn't until he heard the clicking of flintlock that he fully snapped out of his stupor. While Bilgewater pistols weren't nearly as fast as a laser rifle, they were just as deadly. Kayn grunted as he used one last boost of shadow magic to propel himself one more time toward the wall, diving into it finally. The wispy silhouettes of his figure left behind ended up taking the hot steel in his stead, poking holes in it until it fully dissipated.

He sighed in relief within his void of shadows, his burning wound now chilled and warping back to normal. It would leave a nasty scar, though, that's for sure. In the mean time, he tried to make sense of why Saltzpyre was so hell-bent on taking his scythe away. The will of Sigmar? Why would Sigmar want a Darkin so badly?

His demeanor fully recovered, Kayn's voice echoed as he spoke to Victor from inside the wall, "I do not know why you are so infatuated with Rhaast, but I can tell you weren't trying to kill me with those shots. I will consider sparing you for that. At least, until I discover the true nature of this foolish tournament."

"So, why is it you are so fixated on my weapon?"

"Hm. On second thought, I wouldn't mind lending him my power. His zeal is quite admirable," Rhaast remarked happily.

"Quiet. You're not involved in this conversation."

Victor let out a furious snarl witnessing his shots impotently slam against the concrete wall. Almost as soon as he discharged the bullets, the pistol's barrels were open again with a rough jerk of his hand, the other loading each with a cartridge of shot and powder. Turning his gaze to the wall that the daemon-wielder vanished into, he contemptuously lifted the pistol's smoking barrel toward the concrete.

"Though I know not what sort of trickery this whole 'tournament' entails, I could smell the daemon the moment I arrived here. That scythe you wield is an abomination. Whether it is of the Chaos Gods or some other heretical faith matters not, it deserves to be destroyed before I even begin to deal with this situation."

Victor Saltzpyre had never encountered a real daemon in all his travels. Even as a Witch Hunter, daemons were spoken only as whispers among the highest in the order's ranks. As he was always more preoccupied in hunting down rumors of ratmen beneath Ubersreik, he'd never gotten the chance to have one of the Ruinous Power's malefic soldiers reach out to him. A degree of zeal boiled his blood despite knowing nothing of this enemy that he faces - only that it was an insult to Sigmar and the Empire.

That alone is reason to execute this heretic for wielding it so wildly. Kayn could practically feel the older man's single eye staring at him, burning a hole through the wall that he hid in. Abruptly, the Witch Hunter's boots turned to the side, brazenly showing his back to the wall as he began to walk away towards the stairs.

"... Hmph. You are a coward as much as you are a heretic, aren't you? No matter. Patience is a virtue of the faithful. Hide in your wall, stewing in your foul magics. You know my words to be true - save yourself of the daemon's corrupting influence, and there may yet be repentance."

"Remain a pawn in its game, and by the Hammer, I shall smite thee myself."

Saltzpyre's stinging words hung in the air for the few moments, before the Witch Hunter began to fully march up the stairs, assuming that the heretic will use his magic to hide in the wall for as long as possible or phase away to another part of the area. Victor wasn't so zealously blind as to try and purge a stone wall. That is unless Kayn (or rather Rhaast) would attempt to attack the Witch Hunter while his back is turned.

The zealous never cease their watch, however.

@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @District A Underground​

Kayn and Rhaast

Victor let out a furious snarl witnessing his shots impotently slam against the concrete wall. Almost as soon as he discharged the bullets, the pistol's barrels were open again with a rough jerk of his hand, the other loading each with a cartridge of shot and powder. Turning his gaze to the wall that the daemon-wielder vanished into, he contemptuously lifted the pistol's smoking barrel toward the concrete.

"Though I know not what sort of trickery this whole 'tournament' entails, I could smell the daemon the moment I arrived here. That scythe you wield is an abomination. Whether it is of the Chaos Gods or some other heretical faith matters not, it deserves to be destroyed before I even begin to deal with this situation."

Victor Saltzpyre had never encountered a real daemon in all his travels. Even as a Witch Hunter, daemons were spoken only as whispers among the highest in the order's ranks. As he was always more preoccupied in hunting down rumors of ratmen beneath Ubersreik, he'd never gotten the chance to have one of the Ruinous Power's malefic soldiers reach out to him. A degree of zeal boiled his blood despite knowing nothing of this enemy that he faces - only that it was an insult to Sigmar and the Empire.

That alone is reason to execute this heretic for wielding it so wildly. Kayn could practically feel the older man's single eye staring at him, burning a hole through the wall that he hid in. Abruptly, the Witch Hunter's boots turned to the side, brazenly showing his back to the wall as he began to walk away towards the stairs.

"... Hmph. You are a coward as much as you are a heretic, aren't you? No matter. Patience is a virtue of the faithful. Hide in your wall, stewing in your foul magics. You know my words to be true - save yourself of the daemon's corrupting influence, and there may yet be repentance."

"Remain a pawn in its game, and by the Hammer, I shall smite thee myself."

Saltzpyre's stinging words hung in the air for the few moments, before the Witch Hunter began to fully march up the stairs, assuming that the heretic will use his magic to hide in the wall for as long as possible or phase away to another part of the area. Victor wasn't so zealously blind as to try and purge a stone wall. That is unless Kayn (or rather Rhaast) would attempt to attack the Witch Hunter while his back is turned.

The zealous never cease their watch, however.

When Kayn listened to Saltzpyre's crazy rant about daemons, Chaos Gods, and heresy, he couldn't help but laugh. "That is an interesting ideology you have there. It's a shame you are foolish enough to believe in it," he retorted. In his eyes, Victor was nothing but a religious zealot, a slave to tradition. It reminded him too much of Shen's passionless Kinkou Order, an order that seeks only to maintain the balance between the Spirit Realm and the material realm, never using their power to help those in need. Kayn hated such beliefs; there was no rhyme or reason to it, only tradition. It bred weakness.

There was one thing the two men agreed on, though. The destruction of Rhaast. "However, it appears we have the same goal," the Shadow Assasin continued, his grin widening, "I don't intend to keep Rhaast alive much longer. You see, he isn't a 'daemon.' He's an imprisoned Darkin, under my control. Nobody in all of Runeterra has proven worthy enough to wield him, but me." The Witch Hunter could feel Kayn's presence follow him up the steps. "The problem with the Darkin lies in their immortality. That's why they were imprisoned in weapons. But I've discovered how to truly get rid of them."

"Through the blood of this game's creators (and maybe some collateral as well) my shadow magic shall become strong enough to snuff out the Darkin stain for good," he exclaimed as he swam through the wall, already feeling stronger from the two kills earlier. "The fact that I can do this for so long is a testament to that."

"Lies soothe the mind, don't they?" Rhaast sighed.

Finding nothing else to say, Kayn remembered that Fett was still going after Seto, Rena, and Uzume. His smirk vanished. "So, what do you say? I think saving those two kids is more important right now. We don't have much time to argue in a place like this," he finished, stepping harmlessly out of the wall and taking in the fresh air. He leaned against the wall and looked at Saltzpyre with a serious expression.​

Last edited:
Kayn and Rhaast

When Kayn listened to Saltzpyre's crazy rant about daemons, Chaos Gods, and heresy, he couldn't help but laugh. "That is an interesting ideology you have there. It's a shame you are foolish enough to believe in it," he retorted. In his eyes, Victor was nothing but a religious zealot, a slave to tradition. It reminded him too much of Shen's passionless Kinkou Order, an order that seeks only to maintain the balance between the Spirit Realm and the material realm, never using their power to help those in need. Kayn hated such beliefs; there was no rhyme or reason to it, only tradition. It bred weakness.

There was one thing the two men agreed on, though. The destruction of Rhaast. "However, it appears we have the same goal," the Shadow Assasin continued, his grin widening, "I don't intend to keep Rhaast alive much longer. You see, he isn't a 'daemon.' He's an imprisoned Darkin, under my control. Nobody in all of Runeterra has proven worthy enough to wield him, but me." The Witch Hunter could feel Kayn's presence follow him up the steps. "The problem with the Darkin lies in their immortality. That's why they were imprisoned in weapons. But I've discovered how to truly get rid of them."

"Through the blood of this game's creators (and maybe some collateral as well) my shadow magic shall become strong enough to snuff out the Darkin stain for good," he exclaimed as he swam through the wall, already feeling stronger from the two kills earlier. "The fact that I can do this for so long is a testament to that."

"Lies soothe the mind, don't they?" Rhaast sighed.

Finding nothing else to say, Kayn remembered that Fett was still going after Seto, Rena, and Uzume. His smirk vanished. "So, what do you say? I think saving those two young ones is more important right now. We don't have much time to argue in a place like this," he finished, stepping harmlessly out of the wall and taking in the fresh air. He leaned against the wall and looked at Saltzpyre with a serious expression.​
Saltzpyre had half a mind to unload another volley of shot into Kayn's head the moment he emerged from the wall. It was by some extreme exercise of will that the Witch Hunter stayed his hand. He watched the shadow assassin inquisitively as he continued to spew his nonsense, taking an opportunity to memorize his face, should he choose to blend in with the masses of this place later on.

"Your boasting reminds me of an elf I know. She's as much a victim of her pride as you are, fool of a heretic. Does that look like 'control' to you?" a gloved hand shot a finger towards the growing corruption on the side of the assassin's body. "You are afflicted with a DISEASE! You act as if it gives you STRENGTH!"

"Sigmar, you're even TALKING to it! Must I study these disgusting creatures to identify their corruption? No."

Saltzpyre's words began to show more concern than animosity. Though the boy's mind was undoubtedly twisted beyond repair, so much so that he thinks he can contain the influence of a daemon, darkin, whatever it was, Victor hadn't seen any opening to give him a rightful end with his pistol.

A fatal error that kept Victor Saltzpyre from becoming Witch Hunter Captain (until the End Times killed most of those in command) was his unorthodox style of judgment. He could burn a witch on the pyre like any other but was more interested in seeing what caused a healthy, functioning member of Imperial society to become so twisted and corrupted.

His colleagues would call it fraternizing with heretics. Some of the more faithful among the Temple of Sigmar would call the action, in of itself, heresy. Saltzpyre saw it as a way to redouble his faith in the Comet, knowing well the avenues of Chaos so that he may better avoid them. Was that the reason why he wasn't just killing this enemy target in a 'game' that appeared to be some twisted 'survival of the fittest' tournament?

Saltzpyre didn't know. He grimaced, tipping his tall hat downward. Kayn managed to turn his mind towards the matter of two young ones being targeted by the bounty hunter that they'd encountered earlier. Another instance of Victor disregarding the status quo of the Witch Hunters, because any 'true' hunter would instead let two children die than allow a heretic escape judgment.

"Begone from my sight, then. Test your crone magic against the will of a daemon - I shall be the one to strike it down when it consumes you."

Daniel - District B/The Mall

"H-Hey, wait..." Daniel called out ineffectually toward Ouka as they made their way for the clothing store. Daniel wasn't sure what to do with all these people around looking at him so weirdly. He wasn't an idiot, he knew how bad this was.

"Stop," he said, taking a few steps toward Trudgen and Markus. "Why are you fighting? Aren't we all...?" He pointed at the collar around his neck and then pointed at Markus'. However, Daniel's voice trailed off as his gaze focused on the sword in Markus' possession. "Woah. That's so, so cool. You seriously look like you're from a movie!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Sark

Markus caught a glimpse of the boy he intended to keep Trudgen away from, carefully looking back at him while keeping his eye trained on his opponent. As much as he'd like for the other man to trudge off to just about anywhere but here, the veteran sergeant could smell the bloodthirst on Trudgen's husky breath. This was going to end in blood, and that wasn't something a young boy deserved to see.

"U-uh, I appreciate it, kid. Hey, listen, we're jus' having a talk here, right? Nothin' to worry about."

There was, in fact, much to worry about, and Kruber could tell that the kid wasn't dumb. He shifted his body again, now blocking Daniel's view of Trudgen.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Sark @District B Mall

Kayn and Rhaast
Saltzpyre had half a mind to unload another volley of shot into Kayn's head the moment he emerged from the wall. It was by some extreme exercise of will that the Witch Hunter stayed his hand. He watched the shadow assassin inquisitively as he continued to spew his nonsense, taking an opportunity to memorize his face, should he choose to blend in with the masses of this place later on.

"Your boasting reminds me of an elf I know. She's as much a victim of her pride as you are, fool of a heretic. Does that look like 'control' to you?" a gloved hand shot a finger towards the growing corruption on the side of the assassin's body. "You are afflicted with a DISEASE! You act as if it gives you STRENGTH!"

"Sigmar, you're even TALKING to it! Must I study these disgusting creatures to identify their corruption? No."

Saltzpyre's words began to show more concern than animosity. Though the boy's mind was undoubtedly twisted beyond repair, so much so that he thinks he can contain the influence of a daemon, darkin, whatever it was, Victor hadn't seen any opening to give him a rightful end with his pistol.

A fatal error that kept Victor Saltzpyre from becoming Witch Hunter Captain (until the End Times killed most of those in command) was his unorthodox style of judgment. He could burn a witch on the pyre like any other but was more interested in seeing what caused a healthy, functioning member of Imperial society to become so twisted and corrupted.

His colleagues would call it fraternizing with heretics. Some of the more faithful among the Temple of Sigmar would call the action, in of itself, heresy. Saltzpyre saw it as a way to redouble his faith in the Comet, knowing well the avenues of Chaos so that he may better avoid them. Was that the reason why he wasn't just killing this enemy target in a 'game' that appeared to be some twisted 'survival of the fittest' tournament?

Saltzpyre didn't know. He grimaced, tipping his tall hat downward. Kayn managed to turn his mind towards the matter of two young ones being targeted by the bounty hunter that they'd encountered earlier. Another instance of Victor disregarding the status quo of the Witch Hunters, because any 'true' hunter would instead let two children die than allow a heretic escape judgment.

"Begone from my sight, then. Test your crone magic against the will of a daemon - I shall be the one to strike it down when it consumes you."
Kayn laughed as Victor questioned the hardened carapace that plagued his right arm. "You underestimate me. The fact that it hasn't spread any further is evidence that I am the chosen one," he said arrogantly as he idly fiddled with Rhaast. He would balance the end of the blade on the top of his foot, then kick it into the air behind him, catching the hilt with his heel. "Many men have touched this scythe, only to mutate instantly, beyond repair. I'm sure if even you touched it, you'd be consumed just as well."

"Rhaast complains all the time; he doesn't show it, but he's in as much pain as I am. He hates that a mere human can just throw him around."

"I AM NO TOY, KAYN!" the Darkin yelled, clearly annoyed.

"You possess the hubris of a more fearsome weapon," he replied.

As Saltzpyre conceded, he kicked Rhaast back into the air and caught him with a flourish, his expression once again becoming more serious. "Fair enough. Should I fail, then I deserve to die," Kayn relented, "But that won't happen." A chill washed over the two opponents for a second as they remained silent.

The assassin finally turned and sprinted in the direction of Rena, Seto, and Uzume, enveloping himself in shadow to quiet his steps.​

Last edited:
❝ Oh no no no, this can't be happening... ❞ Rena muttered under her breath, trying to find a hiding spot at this subway. It was already stressful for the schoolgirl to get off the train tracks as is. Just as her heartbeat was getting abnormally rapid from all the current stressors of her unfortunate situation, she tightened her grip on the hatchet she had with her.

I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to die.

She locked her eyes on the scene before her. People died in front of her. People could be killed in front of her. Her thoughts changed.

We're going to die. We're going to die. We're going to die.

Letting herself get blown in the wind that was her instincts, Rena broke out to a sprint to get to Seto, forcefully grabbing his arm.

❝ Ah! We... we need to go! We need to go now! ❞ The world was spinning for her. She probably sounded like she had no awareness of the situation she recklessly put herself in. Or maybe she's already lost the common sense of what danger was. Her heartbeat worsens every second, her breath shaky and unsteady.

____ going to die. ____ going to die. ____ going to die.

"Regular wire? Like that's going to work on me."

Uzume exclaimed as she gripped onto the cords and ripped them clean off.

"I'm a CPU, you know. It's going to take a lot more to take me down. I got to say, you're pretty good. Almost as cool as me."​

@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @District A Underground​
Kayn and Rhaast

Kayn laughed as Victor questioned the hardened carapace that plagued his right arm. "You underestimate me. The fact that it hasn't spread any further is evidence that I am the chosen one," he said arrogantly as he idly fiddled with Rhaast. He would balance the end of the blade on the top of his foot, then kick it into the air behind him, catching the hilt with his heel. "Many men have touched this scythe, only to mutate instantly, beyond repair. I'm sure if even you touched it, you'd be consumed just as well."

"Rhaast complains all the time; he doesn't show it, but he's in as much pain as I am. He hates that a mere human can just throw him around."

"I AM NO TOY, KAYN!" the Darkin yelled, clearly annoyed.

"You possess the hubris of a more fearsome weapon," he replied.

As Saltzpyre conceded, he kicked Rhaast back into the air and caught him with a flourish, his expression once again becoming more serious. "Fair enough. Should I fail, then I deserve to die," Kayn relented, "But that won't happen." A chill washed over the two opponents for a second as they remained silent.

The assassin finally turned and sprinted in the direction of Rena, Seto, and Uzume, enveloping himself in shadow to quiet his steps. He tried to get the drop on Fett, but knowing that he had been talking for a while, he wasn't expecting to get a solid hit. However, as long as he drew at least some blood, his Umbral Trespass could take effect.​
District A- Underground
Boba felt his advantage slipping away. He could stick around and fight. He could finish off his fallen prey with a quick shot to the neck. He could take a shot at Rena, who's reflexes would have been slowed by her efforts to save Seto. He could claim and extra 6 million and hit the road.

He could risk it all for an extra load of credits. But he didn't become the best in his field by taking stupid risks. He could hear Saltzpyre and Kayn's little dance coming to an end. They'd be coming for his credits soon enough. Kayn had already proven himself to be a ruthless foe, much like himself. If they went toe to toe, Boba couldn't envision an outcome in which either party walked away unscathed.

It was time to cut his losses and try a different approach.

Seto's crossbow bolt bounced off his armour. He barely registered the attack. Fett fired a shot into Rena's ankle. He placed his boot on Seto's back to stop him from squirming. His jetpack roared to life, ready the melt Uzume should she fail to cooperate.

"Gentlemen," Boba hummed. "Let's talk terms."

"We've got three soft targets here. There are three of us. You let me kill them. We split their bounties 3 ways. I'll throw an extra million into the pot to sweeten the deal. You'll both walk away with an extra 2,333,000 credits. My only terms is that we go our separate ways once the transaction is complete. You stay out of my way. I stay out of yours. For now."

@Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @District A Underground​

Br99mAj.png

❝ C'mon, we need to go. We need to g- ❞ Rena continued to do her best to save the people in front of her from the violence. And then-

Going to die. Going to die. Going to die. Goingtodiegoingtodiegoingtodie. It hurts. It hurtshurtshurtshurts.

Pain assaulted her ankle, forcing the teen to fall to the ground with her hands barely able to weakly keep her from falling face-first to the ground. Her heartbeat felt like it was going to burst from her chest at any second. Her muscles were going numb from the fact that she was in this situation. Her senses were going crazy at this point. Was this just her own fault or was this a part of ________-sama's curse?

Her own life at the hands of those that were being offered a price for their deaths. Unforgivable. If only she was strong enough- Unforgivable. Why did she care when it was possible that everyone in this scenario probably would end up killing each other anyways? Unforgivable. These others that were in the same disadvantageous spot as her could turn on her and kill her anyways, what then? Unforgivable.

She was helpless in this case, and all she could do from her pathetic time of weakness was to glare at Fett. Eyes once filled with a panicked fear were glossed over with the clear intent of revenge. Her mouth moved but no voice was readily audible. Almost like she was silently cursing him, or was it herself?

@Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Sark @Jackythejack
@District A Underground

Markus did not budge from his position, instead carefully watching at the first swordsman retreated from the area. That was one man down, but the other wasn't going to leave without a fight. Kruber shifted his body to the side, placing himself between Trudgen's path and any other civilians in the area. The man's broad, bearded face remained statuesque despite the encroaching threat of a cleaver slicing through his heart.

He's faced much worse than some tosser with a big sword. The soldier leveled the Imperial zweihander in his grip, lifting it's wide blade upward into a combat-ready position in front of his torso.

"So, are gonna start fightin', or are you going to talk some more? I've better things to do."

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @District B Mall​

"H-Hey, wait..." Daniel called out ineffectually toward Ouka as they made their way for the clothing store. Daniel wasn't sure what to do with all these people around looking at him so weirdly. He wasn't an idiot, he knew how bad this was.

"Stop," he said, taking a few steps toward Trudgen and Markus. "Why are you fighting? Aren't we all...?" He pointed at the collar around his neck and then pointed at Markus'. However, Daniel's voice trailed off as his gaze focused on the sword in Markus' possession. "Woah. That's so, so cool. You seriously look like you're from a movie!"

Markus caught a glimpse of the boy he intended to keep Trudgen away from, carefully looking back at him while keeping his eye trained on his opponent. As much as he'd like for the other man to trudge off to just about anywhere but here, the veteran sergeant could smell the bloodthirst on Trudgen's husky breath. This was going to end in blood, and that wasn't something a young boy deserved to see.

"U-uh, I appreciate it, kid. Hey, listen, we're jus' having a talk here, right? Nothin' to worry about."

There was, in fact, much to worry about, and Kruber could tell that the kid wasn't dumb. He shifted his body again, now blocking Daniel's view of Trudgen.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Sark @District B Mall
"...my hair?" Marianne picked up one of the locks of light blue that framed her face amd stared at it. So, this was uncommon here? Come to think of it, everyone else looked quite different than she did. Muted colors, different clothing...well, she was still in her Academy uniform, so that made sense. Maybe it would be a good idea to buy something new to wear...

"Oh. Hello," she said, giving this newcomer a nod of greeting as he joined her on the stairway. Maybe she could follow that boy into the store...but she wasn't sure just yet where to go. It might be best to see if what happened downstairs escalated so she could help if somebody got hurt.​

District B- Mall Food Court
Ren wheezed liked a revving engine. His foe's attention was divided. He could sense it. He could practically tasted. Beneath his stolen helmet, he smiled a sick smile.

A reached out with his hate. He struck Markus with fury. A first of shadow- a weapon of his Sacred Darkside- struck Markus' chest. The force carried him across the food court and into the heart of the crowd. They had long since abandoned their makeshift 'weapons' and traded them for mobile phones and handheld cameras. If they couldn't kill the Champions, they might as well get some 'behind the scenes footage' of their fight. Might make them a few credits online.

Trudgen lumbered towards Markus, his cleaver resting upon his shoulder. As he passed Daniel, he pushed him to the ground with a large, gloved hand.

"I'll deal with you later."

Ren grinned. He raised his blade above his head and approached Markus. He would let gravity do the rest.
View attachment 4625
"Part of me envies you. To become one with the shadow... When you meet the first Ren, give him my regards!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Sark @District B Mall​
Shadow turned, his futuristic gun nearby "Explain what's going on. I might be able to help."

@Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Sark @Distract A/The Skyscraper
Sean - District A/The Skyscraper

Sean held up his hands in a surrendering manner. "Look," he said, managing some level of calm, "I think I, uh, seriously know the least about what is going on here." A whole other planet... and all these strange people. Sean felt numb. He couldn't possibly take all this in. Daniel's power had been weird enough. All this was just, well, complete fantasy.

"I just want to go home."
"We all do," Yashamaru replied to Sean. Only a few years older, he did understand how frightening this all must be for a boy. "But our only hope is making money...or stopping Sorc Tormo within the week. But, considering that may not happen..."

The thief, as if it was nothing, walked right off the edge of the roof. He reappeared a few moments later, floating above the city with red wings where his cape had once been. "I can take someone with me, if you can't fly yourself. And if more of you want to join us," he motioned towards the old Devil, realizing none of them had exchanged names just yet, "I'm fine making trips."

District A- Skyscraper
"Hmmm... carrying us by hand would leave you vulnerable. If you can fly, I suspect there are other here that can do the same... You'd be unable to defend yourself. You'd be forced to drop your passenger, or die. I don't like the sound of either outcome..."

[VZZPWW]

A blasterbolt tore through the hull of high-flying car. The bolt vaporised its pilot in an instant. The car rolled through the air struck the rooftop with a crack. It skipped across the concrete, spraying sparks across the clearing, until it struck an air vent and came to a sudden stop.
View attachment 4626
"That ort to get us where we need to be." Dengar half-laughed, half-snarled. He blew a stream of smoke from the barrel of his rifle. Gen threw a disapproving look his way. "Wot? Ya needed to fly. I got ya a flyin' car. There a problem? Get in or get walkin'. If there's money to be made, I'm going where you're goin'."

@Atomic Knight @dark @Minerva @Yun Lee @District A- Skyscraper​

Higgs smiles and laughs, "Oh ho! We got ourselves a fighter!" he says, before slamming his knee into Chase's stomach, causing him to drop the gun. Higgs took out his pocket knife and brought it down, aiming for a fatal blow to his head.

Whether or not it was fatal doesn't matter, Higgs teleports over to his dropped gun, picks it up, and mutters "Careful, it's expensive,"

He then grabs the knife from wherever it ended up and teleports away, ending up somewhere near the Church of the Goddess
District B- The Church of the Goddess
The Church of the Goddess was an old, run down building. It roof was littered with holes, allowing the afternoon's rain to drip into its main fall. Weeds were growing in its plant beds. It's windows were missing a few pains of glass. The wind was constantly blowing out the vicar's candles. Every few minutes, he would wander back towards the window and light them once again. It was a cycle. A routine. The candles would blow out. The church would glow dark. The vicar did his rounds and breathed new life into its old bones. He brought back the light.

Besides the ever-open door, sat a small plaque. It read:

Every credit counts. Give to the Goddess, and she will give back ten fold.
Welcome to all. The poor and downtrodden. The lost and outcast. Come inside and find a sanctuary.

Beneath it was a mall, rusted screen. It looked just like the one that hung around Higg's neck.

As the last light of day vanished behind the city's skyscrapers. Clouds began to block out the last of the sun. As night was closing in. A storm was chasing its tails.

The vicar continued his rounds. He didn't know Higgs was there.

@amwexia
'So that's where the exits are? If any of the people that just left went out there to try and ambush us they'll be surprised that at least I would fight back the moment they tried. Well, let's make this quick.' Ouka thought as he watched people leave through some of the exits. He may have to make it quick then.

"Hm, I'll be in one of the clothes stores for a moment." He spoke, before glancing up at Marianne's hair.

"I don't know if you want a disguise to hide your hair or not, but it stands out." He commented, before heading into one of the stores to buy a cloak for himself.

Despite appearing calm and relaxed, he was actually alert and ready to defend himself at a moment's notice.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @District B/The Mall
District B- The Second Floor
Ouka felt a hundred eyes upon him as the entered the clothing store. Some were recording him. Some were sizing his up. Some were just... looking. It was hard for them to break their stares. Call it morbid curiosity.

Most of the civilians kept their distance from Ouka, however. They all needed the money, sure. But they weren't ready to throw their lives away for it. Not yet, anyway. Not until an opportunity presented itself.

"What can I do for you?" The cashier muttered. His jaw was clenched tight. His brow was tense. He placed both his hands under his counter. "You won't find any 'targets' in here. We're a family business. We're not looking for any trouble, okay? We're just trying to get by, okay? We don't want any trouble."

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @District B/The Mall
"Yes, well, I felt like this was beggars can't be choosers situation," Was Eight Hearts reply as he watched Juri leave out of the window. "And well madam, I'd hope you give us the same courtesy. Now ladies and gentlemen. If we have decided on no murder, whatever shall we do?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @York @Takumi @TheSlums
"Do I look that young?" Chise muttered under her breath. Sure she was kind of short, but she was in her twenties. If anything Juri looked close to her age.

"I'm not too keen on killing, so you won't have to worry about me trying to kill you while you sleep or anything like that. I don't see a point of sticking around here... I can't stand the smell." She spoke as she kept her nose covered.

@Sark @York @amwexia @Jeremi @Lucky @The Slums

"I stick wit' that promise, too, ay?" Narancia says to Ventress.

He turns to Eight Hearts, "What's to say we can't rob places of theirs cash? We could even take some of their shit and sell them at high prices. Also, there are tons of other hunters, if we stick together, kill the rest of them, and dominate the streets, we'd have enough money to make it to the end of the week."

He then gestures over to Aliceviel, "You in or out?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @York @TheSlums
District C- The Slums
"If you're looking to make some cash, I'd say we're in the wrong town to do that..." Ventress muttered, approaching the window. "I'd say the most valuable things in this whole district inside this room. If we're looking to steal something worth stealing, or go hunting, we'll need to hit the road. District B sounds like a safe bet. There's a bridge not far from here. It should be a straight road out of town. Exposed, but the only other alternative would be a trek through the sewers. Either way, we should leave before it gets too dark."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @amwexia @York @TheSlums​

Ren wheezed liked a revving engine. His foe's attention was divided. He could sense it. He could practically tasted. Beneath his stolen helmet, he smiled a sick smile.

A reached out with his hate. He struck Markus with fury. A first of shadow- a weapon of his Sacred Darkside- struck Markus' chest. The force carried him across the food court and into the heart of the crowd. They had long since abandoned their makeshift 'weapons' and traded them for mobile phones and handheld cameras. If they couldn't kill the Champions, they might as well get some 'behind the scenes footage' of their fight. Might make them a few credits online.

Trudgen lumbered towards Markus, his cleaver resting upon his shoulder. As he passed Daniel, he pushed him to the ground with a large, gloved hand.

Ren grinned. He raised his blade above his head and approached Markus. He would let gravity do the rest.
View attachment 4625
"Part of me envies you. To become one with the shadow... When you meet the first Ren, give him my regards!"

District A- Skyscraper
"Hmmm... carrying us by hand would leave you vulnerable. If you can fly, I suspect there are other here that can do the same... You'd be unable to defend yourself. You'd be forced to drop your passenger, or die. I don't like the sound of either outcome..."

[VZZPWW]

A blasterbolt tore through the hull of high-flying car. The bolt vaporised its pilot in an instant. The car rolled through the air struck the rooftop with a crack. It skipped across the concrete, spraying sparks across the clearing, until it struck an air vent and came to a sudden stop.
View attachment 4626
"That ort to get us where we need to be." Dengar half-laughed, half-snarled. He blew a stream of smoke from the barrel of his rifle. Gen threw a disapproving look his way. "Wot? Ya needed to fly. I got ya a flyin' car. There a problem? Get in or get walkin'. If there's money to be made, I'm going where you're goin'."

The Church of the Goddess was an old, run down building. It roof was littered with holes, allowing the afternoon's rain to drip into its main fall. Weeds were growing in its plant beds. It's windows were missing a few pains of glass. The wind was constantly blowing out the vicar's candles. Every few minutes, he would wander back towards the window and light them once again. It was a cycle. A routine. The candles would blow out. The church would glow dark. The vicar did his rounds and breathed new life into its old bones. He brought back the light.

Welcome to all. The poor and downtrodden. The lost and outcast. Come inside and find a sanctuary.

Beneath it was a mall, rusted screen. It looked just like the one that hung around Higg's neck.

As the last light of day vanished behind the city's skyscrapers. Clouds began to block out the last of the sun. As night was closing in. A storm was chasing its tails.

@amwexia

Ouka felt a hundred eyes upon him as the entered the clothing store. Some were recording him. Some were sizing his up. Some were just... looking. It was hard for them to break their stares. Call it morbid curiosity.

Most of the civilians kept their distance from Ouka, however. They all needed the money, sure. But they weren't ready to throw their lives away for it. Not yet, anyway. Not until an opportunity presented itself.

"What can I do for you?" The cashier muttered. His jaw was clenched tight. His brow was tense. He placed both his hands under his counter. "You won't find any 'targets' in here. We're a family business. We're not looking for any trouble, okay? We're just trying to get by, okay? We don't want any trouble."

District C- The Slums
"If you're looking to make some cash, I'd say we're in the wrong town to do that..." Ventress muttered, approaching the window. "I'd say the most valuable things in this whole district inside this room. If we're looking to steal something worth stealing, or go hunting, we'll need to hit the road. District B sounds like a safe bet. There's a bridge not far from here. It should be a straight road out of town. Exposed, but the only other alternative would be a trek through the sewers. Either way, we should leave before it gets too dark."

"Sewer levels are always the worst,"
Eight Hearts lamented. "The bridge as you say, will have us more exposed and attract unwanted attention but well...if someone attacks us that's on them. We can't just stay hidden someone's bound to find us eventually."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @amwexia @York @TheSlums

"The only place YOU'RE going is Hell!"

In the blink of an eye, Yashamaru had vanished. No one would be able to tell where he'd gone, until they saw the point of a katana sticking out of Dengar Roth's chest. "Are you out of your mind, or does the lack of a conscience cause insanity?! I will have no part in the death of an innocent, especially not in front of a child!"

He withdrew his blade, watching the man to ensure he perished. "...I'm sorry you all had to see that. Both his bloodshed and mine." He looked around, fingers not gripping the hilt of his katana moving up to the collar on his neck. "Two millon can be divided into five, right? I'm not taking all those credits for myself."

---

"...!" Marianne watched in horror as one of the hostile men from earlier attacked both the boy and another. She couldn't just stand there and let them get hurt...there had to be something she could do!

And there was. "Dear Goddess, please let me be in time..." The young noblewoman quickly uttered a prayer, hoping her Goddess could hear her even in this scary new world. Raising her hand, she cast Nosferatu on Trudgen. If he was in good health, the spell would not be nearly enough to kill him, but hopefully it would give him enough pause so that the others could escape!

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

Despite the intense feeling clutching at his insides, Daniel managed to smile at Markus, happy that he at least seemed to care that Daniel was there at all. Markus at least looked more cool than scary, unlike the other guy he'd been talking to. Daniel turned to look at him just as the man's attack soared past him to strike Markus. "Hey!" Daniel cried out, just as he was shoved aside. Daniel was caught off guard, letting out a yelp as he fell backward against one of the food court tables. He wasn't really hurt by it, but the whole thing really made him upset.

"I... I said stop!"

Daniel quickly got to his feet, watching as Trudgen approached Markus with the clear intention to strike him. Daniel didn't really get why this was all happening, but he couldn't just let people hurt each other without any good reason. He reached out with his hand, feeling a familiar tickling sensation run up his arm and all throughout his body.

VvLztDI.jpg

Regardless of how Marianne's attack went, Daniel took hold of Trudgen with all his telekinetic might. With a swing of his arm, Daniel attempted to throw the man right across the mall and away from the others.

View attachment 4625

District A- Skyscraper

[VZZPWW]

View attachment 4626

@amwexia

District C- The Slums

The fact that most kept their distance was good. How they were intent on watching him, however, wasn't. Some of them, he could tell, were trying to size him up. They were the likely ones that could pose a threat in this situation. Underestimating him would be a mistake, however.

7326b7ab2bcec1f1eb53c09732b57e420f2ad6e5.jpg

"I'm not interested in killing you or those civilians out there unless you're hostile. I just want to buy some clothes." Ouka replied, watching the cashier's body language intently as he grabbed two cloaks and set them on the counter.

"If it's a problem, I'll just leave and not buy anything, which means one less customer....how much are these?" He added. He paused for a moment, before making eye contact.

"If you'd please, remove your hands from under the counter." It was hard to detect his emotions, voice monotone and expression barely changing.

He wanted to be in and out, he didn't have time for anymore chit chat right now.

"!!" His body went tense for a moment, sensing both Daniel and Marianne as they attempted to stop Trudgen from attacking one of their own. It was odd, not like sensing magic from fellow magicians back home, but at least sensing something similar.

He frowned, unaware of it for the most part.

"How much?" He asked again, wanting to leave.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @District B/The Mall

"Sewer levels are always the worst," Eight Hearts lamented. "The bridge as you say, will have us more exposed and attract unwanted attention but well...if someone attacks us that's on them. We can't just stay hidden someone's bound to find us eventually."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @amwexia @York @TheSlums

Chise cringed at the sewer suggestion, though understood the logic behind it. One unpleasant smell right after the other though? That'd be too much on her senses she was sure.

"I don't mind whichever route we take." She responded, eager to leave, but not too eager to go through the sewers.

@Sark @Jeremi @amwexia @Lucky @District C/The Slums

Oh, crap, he was totally going to die. Him and this girl who had actually bothered to protect him. He wished she didn’t do that, then she wouldn’t have been caught up in this mess. Unfortunately he can’t exactly change the past, and all he could do was struggle to get up. He looked rather helpless.

Last edited:
Kayn and Rhaast
District A- Underground
Boba felt his advantage slipping away. He could stick around and fight. He could finish off his fallen prey with a quick shot to the neck. He could take a shot at Rena, who's reflexes would have been slowed by her efforts to save Seto. He could claim and extra 6 million and hit the road.

He could risk it all for an extra load of credits. But he didn't become the best in his field by taking stupid risks. He could hear Saltzpyre and Kayn's little dance coming to an end. They'd be coming for his credits soon enough. Kayn had already proven himself to be a ruthless foe, much like himself. If they went toe to toe, Boba couldn't envision an outcome in which either party walked away unscathed.

Seto's crossbow bolt bounced off his armour. He barely registered the attack. Fett fired a shot into Rena's ankle. He placed his boot on Seto's back to stop him from squirming. His jetpack roared to life, ready the melt Uzume should she fail to cooperate.

"We've got three soft targets here. There are three of us. You let me kill them. We split their bounties 3 ways. I'll throw an extra million into the pot to sweeten the deal. You'll both walk away with an extra 2,333,000 credits. My only terms is that we go our separate ways once the transaction is complete. You stay out of my way. I stay out of yours. For now."
Kayn had to stop his sprint almost immediately as Boba took hostages, skidding to a halt. His expression hardened even further as the bounty hunter proposed a 'deal,' if it could even be called one. It involved killing innocent people, two of which were children.

The Shadow Assasin shook in anger. It was bad enough that kids were brought into this game in the first place, but now they were about to be slaughtered like lambs? Boba Fett was truly detestable. Everyone here appeared to be foreigners, but the bounty hunter most resembled the suffocating spirit of Noxus. "You have no right to determine their fate, Noxian," he hissed, his face expressionless. He slowly approached the mercenary, his eyes piercing through the darkness of the armored mask. Holding Rhaast with both hands, he lifted the Darkin and rested him on the back of his neck, his stance becoming that of a farmer carrying heavy buckets of water. While such a stance was hardly threatening on its own, something about it let off a harrowing aura. I'm interested in a different kind of deal, to pay off a different debt, the adoptee thought to himself. He had vowed long ago to kill every Noxian he came across, and he was essentially looking at one right now. Spilling the blood of Noxians, he believed, would rid himself of his own, and avenge the Ionians that had died all those years ago.

However, instead of attacking with Rhaast, Kayn would use a weapon of his own. Fear. He could see a trace amount of anxiety within Fett's eyes, and by testing his boundaries, he hoped to subconsciously draw his attention. Perhaps Saltzpyre, Uzume, or Rena could subtly take advantage of it. If not... then it was Kayn who would have to light the spark eventually.​

Last edited:
District A- Underground

"Or, how about I give you a better term. Now I'm no stranger to your type; bounty hunting and the like. Nepsy and Gearsy show me all sorts of stuff when I visit their Planeptune. So how about I change the deal to my favor and yours. I'll hire you! Any money I earn, I'll split it 20/80 so that you get the largest amount and I only keep what I need to survive, and my terms would be that you're not allowed to kill me or anyone I become friends with. Plus once this is all over and we both survive, I'll pay you however much credits I have left. Deal?"

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @District A Underground​

Chase Davenport

“ You really learned nothing....”
Chase would activate a force field before he would drop kick him. He would lower his guard for a moment, dropping the gun and giving Higgs a chance to grab it. That was a mistake as the man would teleport and go for a head blow. Luckily, Chase had his magnetism app still up and would reverse the polarity of the knife, sending it back into Higg’s shoulder ( in a downward position so if he did move, it would be lodged into the ground)if he didn’t move. “You might want to get that checked,”he replied, watching him teleport away. “ Not exactly how I wanted to wake up. So, let’s get this over with. I’m Chase Davenport and I would like to propose a temporary alliance. And no, I didn’t use the full extent of my powers, that was just two, so I really don’t want to attack you and would rather get out of here alive.”

@Sark @amwexia @District B

Allison Argent

“ I personally think the sewers are the safer option. We’re less likely to get jumped and killed. I imagine there will be a ton of opposition by the bridge.”

@Sark @Jeremi @The Slums

HIGGS MONAGHAN

“ You really learned nothing....” Chase would activate a force field before he would drop kick him. He would lower his guard for a moment, dropping the gun and giving Higgs a chance to grab it. That was a mistake as the man would teleport and go for a head blow. Luckily, Chase had his magnetism app still up and would reverse the polarity of the knife, sending it back into Higg’s shoulder ( in a downward position so if he did move, it would be lodged into the ground)if he didn’t move. “You might want to get that checked,”he replied, watching him teleport away. “ Not exactly how I wanted to wake up. So, let’s get this over with. I’m Chase Davenport and I would like to propose a temporary alliance. And no, I didn’t use the full extent of my powers, that was just two, so I really don’t want to attack you and would rather get out of here alive.”

Every credit counts. Give to the Goddess, and she will give back tenfold.

Higgs moved, he moved a lot... so there was no chance in hell that the knife trick that Chase pulled would land it anywhere other than the ground.

The bad news is that Higgs lost his knife.

He wasn't surprised when he found the church abandoned, but he was surprised at the plaque.

The goddess will give back tenfold? Higgs smiled, seeing this opportunity.

So if I give 100 credits, Higgs thought, would I get 1000 credits in return?

The small screen... was it a credit holder? He has one around his neck... so he decided to try something. He held the small screen up to his collar and tried to give it 1000 credits, hopefully gaining 10,000 credits in return.

@Sark @ChurchoftheGoddess

---///---///---///---

NARANCIA GHIRGA

"Sewer levels are always the worst," Eight Hearts lamented. "The bridge as you say, will have us more exposed and attract unwanted attention but well...if someone attacks us that's on them. We can't just stay hidden someone's bound to find us eventually."

Chise cringed at the sewer suggestion, though understood the logic behind it. One unpleasant smell right after the other though? That'd be too much on her senses she was sure.

"I don't mind whichever route we take." She responded, eager to leave, but not too eager to go through the sewers.

“ I personally think the sewers are the safer option. We’re less likely to get jumped and killed. I imagine there will be a ton of opposition by the bridge.”

Narancia boldly strikes a pose.

View attachment 4627
(imagine he isn't bleeding)

"I'd say, let's take our chances on the bridge," Narancia says, a strange, bizarre energy emanating from him, "After all, I don't think they can take my trump card, my Stand."

Narancia's hand shoots downwards as he cries out.

"AEROSMITH"

Suddenly, from seemingly out of Narancia's body, a small plane comes forward, flying around.

View attachment 4628

"This bad boy here's my Stand, Aerosmith."

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @York @TheSlums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back