Side Story Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Opera House
Phantoms at the Opera

"I'm sorry..." "What Phantom are you talking about?"
Hook. Line. Sinker.
"Haven't you hear the rumours?" Haytham cooed.
View attachment 4756
"This theatre has its very own Opera Ghost. My first instinct was that the rumours were just that: rumours. Upon further inspection, well... I have reason to believe that this 'Phantom'-- or, more accurately, a man who would have us believe him to be a phantom-- is part of Sorc Tormo's little competition. I believe that the Ghost has another game in mind, however. One more senseless than Mr.Tormo's, if you can believe it. With this theatre as his staging ground, I believe the Opera Ghost plans to send a bloody message to the rest of the city. As much pleasure as I would take in watching our foe's self destruction, I cannot sit idle whilst he claims innocent lives. I trust that you feel the same way?"

@Yun Lee @Minerva

District B Streets Campaign-
They Come from the Sky
“Sir, I recommend you stay here, I’ll be heading out. I may not return alive, but the beast out there might destroy the church, so I’ll do what I must. Thank you, sir, for your kindness.”
"Friend!" The Vicar called off into the night. "Before you go, I'd like to share a blessing with you. This world... I fear it is beyond redemption. And with the fate that has befallen my Fellowship... I doubt they shall be sending any aid to little old me. It is time for me to find a new flock. New hearts to heal..."

//CREDITS TRANSFERED//
//CURRENT BALANCE: 20,000//

"Take it. It's not much, but it's all we have. You'll need it more than I will. Use it wisely. Leave this world, my friend. Forget this Godless place and find a flock of your own. May the Goddess bless you. May she keep you from harm..."
He bows slightly before walking out the door. Once out of sight, Higgs teleported to the area where Ridley was.

“What do we have here? Fresh meat...”

Immediately dropping the facade, Higgs pulled out his rifle and aimed it at Ridley.

“Game over...”

He fired, hopefully riddling the beast with bullets.​
View attachment 4761
"SHHHHHHHHRRAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Ridley screeched as Higg's bullets ricocheted off the creature's steel skin.

"HUMAN FILTH! SAVOUR THIS VIEW! YOU'RE STARING INTO THE EYES OF DEATH ITSELF!"

He soared down towards the streets, his mighty jaws open wide. Rows upon rows of razor-like teeth were bared to great Higgs.

"SAY YOUR PRAYERS AND EMBRACE YOUR FATE! BURN!

And amber light burned in the depths of Meta-Ridley's throat. In a matter of seconds, a sea of flames would come crashing down upon Higgs. It was time to think fast.

@Lucky @amwexia

Compendium Hotel
Room for One More

"You get paid enough for this you fucking pussies?! Huh? Not so fucking quippy are you now huh? MAYBE BECAUSE YOU REALIZE WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS YOU ARE?!"
One look into the quivering eyes of a wounded guard would answer Bad Girl's question. The Guards were motivated by fear. A fear of what a disappointed Sorc Tormo was capable of. What he would do to them. Their families. The money made things a little easier, sure, but terror was the tool that kept the Haxxion Brood's guards in line.

That said, after watching Bag Girl brutalise one of their own, their fear of her starting to overtake their fear of Tormo. Had they not felt compelled to avenge their fallen leader, some of the soldiers might have dropped their weapons and fallen to their knees.

In the face of Bad Girl's taunts, the guards couldn't find the energy to reply. Their teeth were gritted. Their tongue has been bitten. The next wave of reinforcements charged in, their riot shields raised. Forming a single file caravan, the third wave prepared to overwhelm the Batter with a wall of armour.
Dead Guards: 3
Living Guards: 18​
❝ You're going to die for that! ❞ She exclaims as she swings her hatchet upwards, sending the corpse that she was dragging flying towards the frozen man. The thrown corpse was just a distraction to allow Rena to run by the other's side, following it up with a swing for the man's right arm.
"FUCK!!" The guard howled, his eyes wide with terror. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins. The pain hadn't hit him yet. He fell back, landing on his ass. He did his best to curry back from his attacker, cradling his bloody stump. "Please Please no please!" He wept. "Please please I'm sorry! Just let me-- I'm sorry!!"
"Too late..."

latest

But Kayn wasn't there any more. His body seemed to divide into four shadow tendrils and dive at one of the guards hit by his Blade's Reach, burrowing into his chest. Pain beyond belief assailed him as shadows spread across his body. Meanwhile, Rhaast loomed in the air overhead, held in place by the swarming tendrils.

latest

Just as quickly as he had entered, Kayn dashed out of the man as the Darkin descended, cutting clean through him. Grabbing hold of the weapon at the same time, he used the momentum to also swipe at the guards to the right flank.

"Never underestimate hatred," Rhaast commented as he bathed in blood.​
She then turned towards the direction of the Compendium Hotel and started walking.​

The second wave fell to the might of Kayn's tendrils. A weapon like Rhaast had transformed the Haxxion Brood's finest into canon fodder. Pity there was more canon fodder were than came from. Setting over the bloody chunks that had once been their brothers in arms, the fourth wave arrived. Then the fifth. Then the sixth. Sirens wailed. As soon as Uzume stepped through the lobby's shattered glass door, an armoured police car screeched around the corner. Another wave of foes stepped out. Cops.

"Hunters! Lowers your weapons! Come out here with your hands u---"

[BOOOM]

View attachment 4762

A ki blast soared over Uzume's shoulder. It struck the armoured vehicle, sending it rolling into a row of parked ground-cars. A moment later, it burst into flames.

"Forgive me. We can't afford to fight a war on two fronts now, can w--"

Another baton struck the Demon's armoured scalp.

"I was talking!!!" Frost snarled. Two crimson ki balls formed on his index fingertips. Spinning around as fast as he could, he unleashed a flurry of rapid chaos shots towards the guards. For every foe he eliminated, another seemed to crop up.
View attachment 4763
"There are too many of them! He's got bodies to spare!"

The Sixth and Seventh waves lunged forth, preparing to tackle Kayn. The Eight and Ninth raised the arms of their fallen comrades and unleashed a series of blue stun-blasts into the blackness.

"We can't fall back now!!" The Frost Demon threw one of his stolen bottles towards a member of the Tenth Wave. With another chaos shot, he ignites the liquor and let the solider burn. "What we're doing... it isn't exactly legal! If we run, we might as well hand ourselves in to the Police! We need to push on!!"

"Hmmm... Those who want to run can run..." Vamp spat, planting a pair of knives into the skull of another guard. The Creature of the Night licked his lips and marched towards the stairwell. "I'm staying. Tormo dies tonight..."

Dead Guards: ???
Living Guards: Too Many

@Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Jackythejack @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
Another one of them? Someone who wanted to hurt innocent people, by the sound of it. If that was his goal, to stop such a person, then he must be quite noble. Marianne nodded. "We should keep everyone safe," she said, looking out to the people watching the opera. To just sit by and do nothing, and let these people get hurt...how could she face the Goddess if that happened?

@Sark @Minerva

As soon as Uzume stepped through the lobby's shattered glass door, an armoured police car screeched around the corner. Another wave of foes stepped out. Cops.

[BOOOM]

1580648473609.png

A ki blast soared over Uzume's shoulder. It struck the armoured vehicle, sending it rolling into a row of parked ground-cars. A moment later, it burst into flames.

"I was talking!!!" Frost snarled. Two crimson ki balls formed on his index fingertips. Spinning around as fast as he could, he unleashed a flurry of rapid chaos shots towards the guards. For every foe he eliminated, another seemed to crop up.
1580648711663.png

The Sixth and Seventh waves lunged forth, preparing to tackle Kayn. The Eight and Ninth raised the arms of their fallen comrades and unleashed a series of blue stun-blasts into the blackness.

"We can't fall back now!!" The Frost Demon threw one of his stolen bottles towards a member of the Tenth Wave. With another chaos shot, he ignites the liquor and let the solider burn. "What we're doing... it isn't exactly legal! If we run, we might as well hand ourselves in to the Police! We need to push on!!"

"Hmmm... Those who want to run can run..." Vamp spat, planting a pair of knives into the skull of another guard. The Creature of the Night licked his lips and marched towards the stairwell. "I'm staying. Tormo dies tonight..."

As soon as she stepped in and encountered the police of the city, she was greeted by Frost's Ki Blast past her shoulder and taking a guard out. At first, she took that as an attack, but then realized by his words that he wasn't aiming to attack her but the authorities.

"Well, looks like you might have the same idea as me. Let's rock."

She then prepared herself to attack the authorities. Going for punches rather than using her megaphone because despite them being under Sorc's thumb, they could revolt against him should he fall. Her intent was to do enough damage to knock them out but not kill, the others could kill if they wanted to but she didn't want none of that.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Jackythejack @Gummi Bunnies

The Opera House
Phantoms at the Opera

Hook. Line. Sinker.
View attachment 4756
"This theatre has its very own Opera Ghost. My first instinct was that the rumours were just that: rumours. Upon further inspection, well... I have reason to believe that this 'Phantom'-- or, more accurately, a man who would have us believe him to be a phantom-- is part of Sorc Tormo's little competition. I believe that the Ghost has another game in mind, however. One more senseless than Mr.Tormo's, if you can believe it. With this theatre as his staging ground, I believe the Opera Ghost plans to send a bloody message to the rest of the city. As much pleasure as I would take in watching our foe's self destruction, I cannot sit idle whilst he claims innocent lives. I trust that you feel the same way?"

@Yun Lee @Minerva

District B Streets Campaign-
They Come from the Sky

"Friend!" The Vicar called off into the night. "Before you go, I'd like to share a blessing with you. This world... I fear it is beyond redemption. And with the fate that has befallen my Fellowship... I doubt they shall be sending any aid to little old me. It is time for me to find a new flock. New hearts to heal..."

//CREDITS TRANSFERED//
//CURRENT BALANCE: 20,000//

"Take it. It's not much, but it's all we have. You'll need it more than I will. Use it wisely. Leave this world, my friend. Forget this Godless place and find a flock of your own. May the Goddess bless you. May she keep you from harm..."

View attachment 4761
"SHHHHHHHHRRAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Ridley screeched as Higg's bullets ricocheted off the creature's steel skin.

"HUMAN FILTH! SAVOUR THIS VIEW! YOU'RE STARING INTO THE EYES OF DEATH ITSELF!"

He soared down towards the streets, his mighty jaws open wide. Rows upon rows of razor-like teeth were bared to great Higgs.

"SAY YOUR PRAYERS AND EMBRACE YOUR FATE! BURN!

And amber light burned in the depths of Meta-Ridley's throat. In a matter of seconds, a sea of flames would come crashing down upon Higgs. It was time to think fast.

@Lucky @amwexia

Compendium Hotel
Room for One More

One look into the quivering eyes of a wounded guard would answer Bad Girl's question. The Guards were motivated by fear. A fear of what a disappointed Sorc Tormo was capable of. What he would do to them. Their families. The money made things a little easier, sure, but terror was the tool that kept the Haxxion Brood's guards in line.

That said, after watching Bag Girl brutalise one of their own, their fear of her starting to overtake their fear of Tormo. Had they not felt compelled to avenge their fallen leader, some of the soldiers might have dropped their weapons and fallen to their knees.

In the face of Bad Girl's taunts, the guards couldn't find the energy to reply. Their teeth were gritted. Their tongue has been bitten. The next wave of reinforcements charged in, their riot shields raised. Forming a single file caravan, the third wave prepared to overwhelm the Batter with a wall of armour.
Dead Guards: 3
Living Guards: 18

"FUCK!!" The guard howled, his eyes wide with terror. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins. The pain hadn't hit him yet. He fell back, landing on his ass. He did his best to curry back from his attacker, cradling his bloody stump. "Please Please no please!" He wept. "Please please I'm sorry! Just let me-- I'm sorry!!"

The second wave fell to the might of Kayn's tendrils. A weapon like Rhaast had transformed the Haxxion Brood's finest into canon fodder. Pity there was more canon fodder were than came from. Setting over the bloody chunks that had once been their brothers in arms, the fourth wave arrived. Then the fifth. Then the sixth. Sirens wailed. As soon as Uzume stepped through the lobby's shattered glass door, an armoured police car screeched around the corner. Another wave of foes stepped out. Cops.

[BOOOM]

View attachment 4762

View attachment 4763

Bad Girl saw the next wave coming and she just grinned. "Batter up, bitches!" It wasn't like this was something she hadn't faced before, but at some point, she was going to mess up and then the hounds would feast. Instead of taking them on head-on though, Bad Girl took a running start and leapt over the guards. If she was going to fall here she'd take as many of these bastards with her.

Cracking her bat on one of the guards knees she'd have him buckle over and then slam the bat to his side to topple the others to the left of him to give herself some breathing room.

It was at this point that Frosty was showing his power. "WHAT THE FUCK FROSTY! You can shoot fucking laserbeams out of your fucking hands?! Fucking just, explode these motherfuckers already then!" Spotting Vamp heading towards the staircase Bad Girl would as well, picking up a riot shield for herself before doing her best to not get into any big fights. "Frosty blast a way open for us already! Finger bang them to fucking death!"

Hook. Line. Sinker.
1580645930697.png

@Yun Lee @Minerva
Another one of them? Someone who wanted to hurt innocent people, by the sound of it. If that was his goal, to stop such a person, then he must be quite noble. Marianne nodded. "We should keep everyone safe," she said, looking out to the people watching the opera. To just sit by and do nothing, and let these people get hurt...how could she face the Goddess if that happened?

@Sark @Minerva
Helena stepped forward. "Indeed. I cannot allow this... phantom to take innocent lives. I will help you as well." She said stepping forward.​

Alllison Argent

" I don't think that we have another choice in the matter. If we don't do it his way, we will find ourselves stuck in these slums and with no way out. As much as I don't want to put a prince on this man's life and stop an uprising, it's all we can do."

@Sark @Slum Campaign

Chase Davenport

" You know, I find it oddly fitting that I found two people who want to kill each other,"
he mumbled, using the two fighting each other as a chance to analyze what was going on between them from a safe distance and behind cover. Sure, he could help either one of them, but he didn't think it would benefit him if he did, so he decided waiting was his best chance.

@Sark @Capri

Higgs... upon seeing the mouth of Ridley, teleported away, but not too far.

He aimed his gun at the eyes of the beast, certainly a weak spot, and fired in an attempt to blind him.

@Sark @Lucky

[BOOOM]

1580648473609.png

1580648711663.png

"Damn it," Kayn panted, standing among the carnage. It had been a long time since he had to push his body to the limit, and it was taking its toll. He held his chest, where his skin had been scorched by stun blasts. He had hardly realized it until now; his body was wracked with pain and weakness. But deep inside, there was a fire, waiting to be released that would burn away the pain. "Forget Tormo. Set me free and kill them all! I know you want to..."

He would not succeed Master Zed at this rate.

He shook his head, his focus returning to the incoming guards and stun blasts headed in his direction. Shadows enveloped him once more, creating a small smoke screen. Kayn then nimbly flipped backwards, leaving behind an improvised shadow clone. It would swipe at the guards, but its scythe merely phased through them, a clear reminder that Kayn's shadows were still not at their full potential. Still, it would give them a scare and distract them for long enough to give him a fair retreat. As he followed Vamp, Frost, and the others, he gazed at the floor, his long hair veiling his dark expression. He seemed to mutter, "Kill the body, kill the mind, kill the body, kill the mind..."

Bad Girl saw the next wave coming and she just grinned. "Batter up, bitches!" It wasn't like this was something she hadn't faced before, but at some point, she was going to mess up and then the hounds would feast. Instead of taking them on head-on though, Bad Girl took a running start and leapt over the guards. If she was going to fall here she'd take as many of these bastards with her.

Cracking her bat on one of the guards knees she'd have him buckle over and then slam the bat to his side to topple the others to the left of him to give herself some breathing room.

It was at this point that Frosty was showing his power. "WHAT THE FUCK FROSTY! You can shoot fucking laserbeams out of your fucking hands?! Fucking just, explode these motherfuckers already then!" Spotting Vamp heading towards the staircase Bad Girl would as well, picking up a riot shield for herself before doing her best to not get into any big fights. "Frosty blast a way open for us already! Finger bang them to fucking death!"

"Becasue--I'm--not---trying---to--hit--our---friends!" Frost snapped in response. "But if you insist!"
View attachment 5335
Frost threw his fingers before his chest and unleashed a final, larger chaos shot towards the staircase. The blast shook the Hotel to its core. Pillars of dust cascaded down from the ceiling. Towers of smoke rose from the path where the guards had once been.

"Happy?" He coughed, exhausted. "Are you happy? No lets just... just Sorc and be done with this thing..."

Once Kayn and Frost's attacks were complete, the flow of guards seemed to die down. For a moment or two, the lobby was quiet. Vamp licked his knife clean and cracked his neck

"All quiet on the Western Front? Good," He whispered as he glided towards the stairwell. "Now... let's see if Mr.Tormo is home..."

After an arduous climb to the top floor of the Hotel, the Champions reached them Penthouse Sweet. From the window by the door, they could see the whole city stretching out before them. Everything from the slums to the casino.

"It all looks so... small." Frost sighed. "All so tiny... Like a city full of toys..."

The door to the Penthouse seemed suspiciously normal. It was a simple wooded door. A small light illuminated its handle for ease of access. There was a small camera and a card reader beside the door. A little red light signified that the Champions were being watched.

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Jackythejack @Gummi Bunnies
Higgs... upon seeing the mouth of Ridley, teleported away, but not too far.

He aimed his gun at the eyes of the beast, certainly a weak spot, and fired in an attempt to blind him.

@Sark @Lucky
Chase Davenport

" You know, I find it oddly fitting that I found two people who want to kill each other,"
he mumbled, using the two fighting each other as a chance to analyze what was going on between them from a safe distance and behind cover. Sure, he could help either one of them, but he didn't think it would benefit him if he did, so he decided waiting was his best chance.

@Sark @Capri
A bullet in the eye was enough to stun Ridley. With a shrieking hiss, the creature rapidly descended. His metallic body struck the ground- and Higgs- with a crack.

The creature was in pain.

Crippling pain.

But Ridley still had one more eye.

And the pain only seemed to make him angrier.

He took Higgs in is great hands and screamed within inches of his face. With a final shriek, he took to the skies, his foe in toe. He raised his captive high above the city. Was he planning to drop him, or perhaps take him somewhere?"

@Capri
Helena stepped forward. "Indeed. I cannot allow this... phantom to take innocent lives. I will help you as well." She said stepping forward.

@Sark @Minerva
"Excellent," Haytham hummed. "You've seen reason. Now, if you'd follow me..."

The view from Haytham's private booth was truly incredible. An the acoustics? Stupendous. To be immersed in the heart of the music... there was no experience like it. The Templar let himself drift for a moment.

Yes. It was worth every credit.

"Help yourself to some Wine."
Kenway gestured towards the elegant, crystal glass bottle that sat by the railing. "I trust you're both tired. Thirsty. It'll be a Godsend, trust me."

"Now. To discuss business. A buildings like these... they're crowded. People are packed in like sardines in the glow of those chandeliers. Imagine, for a moment, that you are our 'phantom'. How would you go about spreading as much chaos and panic as possible?"

@Yun Lee @Minerva

"Becasue--I'm--not---trying---to--hit--our---friends!" Frost snapped in response. "But if you insist!"
View attachment 5335
Frost threw his fingers before his chest and unleashed a final, larger chaos shot towards the staircase. The blast shook the Hotel to its core. Pillars of dust cascaded down from the ceiling. Towers of smoke rose from the path where the guards had once been.

"Happy?" He coughed, exhausted. "Are you happy? No lets just... just Sorc and be done with this thing..."

Once Kayn and Frost's attacks were complete, the flow of guards seemed to die down. For a moment or two, the lobby was quiet. Vamp licked his knife clean and cracked his neck

"All quiet on the Western Front? Good," He whispered as he glided towards the stairwell. "Now... let's see if Mr.Tormo is home..."

After an arduous climb to the top floor of the Hotel, the Champions reached them Penthouse Sweet. From the window by the door, they could see the whole city stretching out before them. Everything from the slums to the casino.

"It all looks so... small." Frost sighed. "All so tiny... Like a city full of toys..."

The door to the Penthouse seemed suspiciously normal. It was a simple wooded door. A small light illuminated its handle for ease of access. There was a small camera and a card reader beside the door. A little red light signified that the Champions were being watched.

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Jackythejack @Gummi Bunnies

A bullet in the eye was enough to stun Ridley. With a shrieking hiss, the creature rapidly descended. His metallic body struck the ground- and Higgs- with a crack.

The creature was in pain.

Crippling pain.

But Ridley still had one more eye.

And the pain only seemed to make him angrier.

He took Higgs in is great hands and screamed within inches of his face. With a final shriek, he took to the skies, his foe in toe. He raised his captive high above the city. Was he planning to drop him, or perhaps take him somewhere?"

@Capri

"Excellent," Haytham hummed. "You've seen reason. Now, if you'd follow me..."

The view from Haytham's private booth was truly incredible. An the acoustics? Stupendous. To be immersed in the heart of the music... there was no experience like it. The Templar let himself drift for a moment.

Yes. It was worth every credit.

"Help yourself to some Wine." Kenway gestured towards the elegant, crystal glass bottle that sat by the railing. "I trust you're both tired. Thirsty. It'll be a Godsend, trust me."

"Now. To discuss business. A buildings like these... they're crowded. People are packed in like sardines in the glow of those chandeliers. Imagine, for a moment, that you are our 'phantom'. How would you go about spreading as much chaos and panic as possible?"

@Yun Lee @Minerva

Bad Girl was busy beating a dead guard to a pulp when Vamp moved out. "Finally! Fucking pieces of shit!" She kicked the corpse once more for good measure before she started making her way towards the stairs. "Think they were hot shit! Surprise, surprise! They were just dog shit!"

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Jackythejack @Gummi Bunnies

Higgs was used to heights, but it would be a mistake for Ridley to think he would be able to kill him in such an easy-to-escape way.

Higgs saw the attack on Ridley’s eye was successful, so he teleported onto Ridley’s back and shot out Ridley’s other eye.

@Sark @Lucky

Chase Davenport

Chase observed what the two of them could do. He had to wonder....what was the best approach to do this. He would slowly close his eyes and focus, activating his magnetism app from behind cover, but using it differently. He would use it to attempt to reverse the polarity of Higg's gun to stick to the metal body of the bird. If both fell out of the sky, well, four million credits never hurt. Plus, nobody humiliated him and lived to tell the tale.

@Capri @Sark

Higgs’s gun rocketed out of his hand. His teeth gritting in anger, he reached for a shard of glass which he picked up earlier.

“Fuckin’ son of a BITCH!!!” Higgs hollered as his knife rocketed towards Ridley’s eye.

@Sark

Last edited:
"Thank you." Marianne wouldn't drink. Though it could be poisoned...no, No, Marianne. You're going to help these people before you do anything else. It's the least you can do for what you caused back in that large building...

She looked out to the crowd, hearing what the man said. "You would...trap them," she said. "Maybe turn out the lights suddenly, lock them all in. I suppose that's...how you make someone feel powerless."

@Sark @Minerva

229px-Sui_re2b_komaruB2_1.png

❝ Huh? ... what's all of this for? ❞ Almost like the slaughter of guards never happened for her in the first place, Rena spoke in a timid void that was filled with uncertainty, along with somehow not noticing the fresh blood splattered and stained over her being. The biggest priority to her at the moment was figuring out what the heck was up with this Penthouse set-up.

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Jackythejack @Sark

Kayn and Rhaast
@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @District A Hotel
1585630006120.png

❝ Huh? ... what's all of this for? ❞ Almost like the slaughter of guards never happened for her in the first place, Rena spoke in a timid void that was filled with uncertainty, along with somehow not noticing the fresh blood splattered and stained over her being. The biggest priority to her at the moment was figuring out what the heck was up with this Penthouse set-up.

The rumbling of the hotel knocked Kayn out of his stupor. He observed the destruction the Frost Demon had caused, in total awe. He was glad they weren't enemies. For now, at least. As for Bad Girl... he had no comment for her.

During his ascent to the top floor, wispy shadows licked his wounds, slowly repairing his damaged skin. "It's hard to believe that many soldiers can be mobilized in such short notice," Kayn mused with contempt. Another memory of Noxus.

Upon finally making it to the penthouse, he, too, stared out the window. The view was unlike anything he had seen before. It dwarfed the small Ionian villages he was used to, and he suddenly felt a wave of vertigo. He looked away, catching a glimpse of Rena's blood-soaked visage, his stomach churning ever more. What the guards had forced her to do (and her eerie cluelessness in spite of it all) bothered him. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breathe, pacing around the room.

"So this building is where the infamous 'Sorc Tormo' is, huh?" he began, turning toward the group, "I'm glad we have a common goal. As much as I hate to admit it, there's no way I can take him down by myself." His eyes settled on Frost. "But with magic like yours, we might be able to. Such raw, unchecked power... I've never seen anything quite like it. Back home, the Kinkou would label you a Balance-defying demon."

He stood Rhaast on the ground and held it in place with a few shadows before leaning back on the scythe with crossed arms. "I'm Kayn. What shall I call all of you?"

Last edited:
A man of the people this guy was. "Certainly a noble cause my lord, though, considering the circumstances, and, I realize this is bold of me to ask, but if you give us half of that upfront we will deliver this scallywag of a man and then some! Making those pesky workers think twice about messing with you and your!"
Asking to be paid half upfront was a very smart move, now of the Mayor would accept that was another story.

"Narancia is right, this is a group decision in the end, but if you'd be so kind as to pay us half like my friend asked we'd be more than happy to take the job, sir." Chise spoke, her hand going to her chest. Her stomach churned a bit, but she'd endure it.

@Sark @Jeremi @amwexia @York @Lucky @District C/ThSlums

THE SLUMS
The smile that had nestled itself between Cluth's round cheeks wriggled away. In its place, a long, droopy frown was formed.
"Absolutely not." Cluth spat, his red brow creasing. "Simply put, I can't bring myself to trust you. No just yet. How can I be certain that you won't just take my money and run? Now, if we had a history of working together, things would be different. I could muster a little good will, however..."

[HOWEVER GOD-EMPEROR CLUTH CANNOT BE CERTAIN THAT YOU WILL NOT BE SEDUCED BY THE SEDUCTIVE GUILE OF THE KING OF BEGGARS---]

"That's enough, LW!" Cluth snapped, his fist striking that table. "That's quite enough! Another word out of you and I'll have you stripped for parts!"

The Droid instinctively saluted and turned to face the wall.

"If you want my credits..." The rotund man heaved, plucking at his collar to compose himself. "You'll agree to my terms as they are. No advanced pay. No hazard pay. You'll be award with the full, agreed-upon amount the moment I have proof that the King is dead. Perhaps I'll award you with a healthy bonus and a bottle of brandy if you're back soon. I am a reasonable man, after all..."

The Mayor stretched out an open palm.

"What do you say, Champions? Do we have a deal?"

Ventress rolled her eyes.

"I have high hopes for this partnership of ours..."

@Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @York @District C/Slums
"Call me Namae." Ouka replied, using his last name for now. People back home called him either or, so it mattered little to him. Though he watched Samus closely.
❝ Since you asked... Shadowlord. That's what I'll go by. ❞ Nier simply replied, as if it were a matter of fact for him. He ignored all the panicking coming from his other self in his mind. He has to tread carefully. A way to get out of this without causing any violence, he had to see this through somehow. But if he had to, a form of darkness gathered by his hand faintly.

@Sark @Takumi
@DistrictBTheMall
District B/Mall
Samus helmet hid her expression from her fellow Champions. Her body remained rigid. Stiff. Her feelings were hidden. All they could hear was the sound of her breath slowly echoing around her helmet. After a silent moment of hesitation, the Bounty Hunter lowered her blaster.

"Samus. Call me Samus Aran."

She turned back towards the Shopkeepers counter. She pushed aside a few piles of papers and a few fallen garments. Her eyes widened as they came across it. Jackpot.

She pulled a small, silver safe out from under the table. She tossed the steel block onto the top of the counter and pressed her blaster against the safe's door.

"Stand back."

[BOOM]

A charged blast cracked the safe right open. A wave of smoke coated a nearby coat rack. Samus pried open the wound she had carved into the safe's facade. 1,000,000 credits smiled back at them.

"That's good money." Her visor drifted up to her companions. She careful pushed the steel box across the table towards them. "We're all reasonable people. Take a third."

A few more onlookers snapped some photos of the Champions.

"We're something between Celebrities and Public enemies now. We'll find safety in numbers. Consider this a Good-Behavior bond. In taking this money, you're either promising to watch my back or stay out of my way. Your call."

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies
"Thank you." Marianne wouldn't drink. Though it could be poisoned...no, No, Marianne. You're going to help these people before you do anything else. It's the least you can do for what you caused back in that large building...

She looked out to the crowd, hearing what the man said. "You would...trap them," she said. "Maybe turn out the lights suddenly, lock them all in. I suppose that's...how you make someone feel powerless."

@Sark @Minerva
Opera House
Haytham based the box, his hands looped behind his back.
"Correct." He hummed. "Panic will be our foe's greatest weapon. Prudence shall be our shield against it. We'll start be taking stock of the hall. I've taken they liberty of marking the hall's potential exits. It would be wise for us to split up and search for a generator down bellow. Interrogate the staff. Explore forbidden areas. Before we know it, we'll know this theater like the back of our hands and---"

"AGGHHHHH!!"

Someone in the heart of the audience unleashed an ear splitting scream. Sparks flew from the great chandelier that hung above the crowd. The great, steel beams the held the structure safe and high began to heave and groan. A wispy cloak danced across the hall's supporting girders.

"Damn it!" Haytham spat, pounding the banister with his fist. "We're too late. He's made his move. We need to get up there. It won't stay standing forever!"

With a subtle groan of exertion, Kenway rolled his body over the edge of the rail and hung his body over the crowd. He reached to his right and took one of the hall's great, led lined curtains in his hands. He began to frantically climb, his pelvis rhythmically swinging to help maintain his momentum.

"Hurry!"

@Yun Lee @Minerva

Chase Davenport

Chase observed what the two of them could do. He had to wonder....what was the best approach to do this. He would slowly close his eyes and focus, activating his magnetism app from behind cover, but using it differently. He would use it to attempt to reverse the polarity of Higg's gun to stick to the metal body of the bird. If both fell out of the sky, well, four million credits never hurt. Plus, nobody humiliated him and lived to tell the tale.

@Capri @Sark
Higgs was used to heights, but it would be a mistake for Ridley to think he would be able to kill him in such an easy-to-escape way.

Higgs saw the attack on Ridley’s eye was successful, so he teleported onto Ridley’s back and shot out Ridley’s other eye.

@Sark @Lucky
Skies above the City
Higg's knife ricocheted of Ridley's steel skin as it rolled its head from side to side. However, the force of the shot still rocked his head like a swaying ship, momentarily stunning the great beast. He screamed out once again.

"BASTARD!"

He furiously and frantically rolled his body a few times, his razor tail spinning like a helicopter blade. It's sharpened point cut deep into Higg's abdomen. Its serrated edge latched onto the flesh and fabric of Higg's torso. WIth another road, the beast entered into a nose dive. He and Chase were thinking alike- if Ridley kill Higgs with his bare hands, he would simple have to let gravity do his job for him.

@Yun Lee @Capri

Yashamaru looked around the area, raising his eyebrows as he noticed the older man going below. "There's another one of us here," he whispered. "If we're going to make this work, we need to convince him to work with us." Cooperation, not competition, was the name of their game now. It was easy to let Sorc's new rules get to your head, but the benifits of working together couldn't be overlooked.

"We need to get downstairs." He nodded towards the bathroom. "If we can take care of that guard who just left that gives one of us a disguise and key card...granted one of us looks enough like him to get away with it. I can slip inside the doors undetected on my own...but our best bet is getting everyone down there."

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Heist
Bank Heist/ Bathroom
"Of course," Gen nodded as he turned to follow the guard into the bathroom. He kept his head down low and avoided the eyes of the other bankers. They would have to be subtle. Quiet. "A sound play..."

Inside the bathroom, the pair caught sight of the guard in question. He barely noted the Champion's presence. He tossed a few handfuls of water onto his face and sighed. He ran his wet fingers through his hair and stared up at the mirror above the sink. He whispered something private to himself.

Gen positioned himself beside the guard and starting washing his own hands. He waited patiently for Yashamaru to make his move.

@Yun Lee

"So this building is where the infamous 'Sorc Tormo' is, huh?" he began, turning toward the group, "I'm glad we have a common goal. As much as I hate to admit it, there's no way I can take him down by myself." His eyes settled on Frost. "But with magic like yours, we might be able to. Such raw, unchecked power... I've never seen anything quite like it. Back home, the Kinkou would label you a Balance-defying demon."

He stood Rhaast on the ground and held it in place with a few shadows before leaning back on the scythe with crossed arms. "I'm Kayn. What shall I call all of you?"

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Jackythejack @Sark
Hotel
"A demon I--" Frost stammered, taken back by Kayn's praise. He shook his head for a moment, banishing an old, long buried concern. He placed his hand over his heart and took a bow, all the while avoiding Kayn's eyes. "I assure you, friend, I am a demon in name only. I appreciate your praise, but I fear I am unworthy of it. I only did what I had hoped my companions would have done for me, were our roles reversed. That power... I only did what was necessary. My name is Frost. I'm a humanitarian from the 6th Universe. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kayn."

Frost turned back to Bad Girl.
"Yes, their bark seemed worse that their bite in the end... But I fear our problems might have only just begun. I doubt this is the last we've seen of the local security forces. We might have painted an even larger target upon our backs..."

Click

The Penthouse suit's door clicked open a crack. It was too dark to see what was inside without opening the door fully. A voice called from inside.

"Don't mind the mess! Come on in!"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost @Jackythejack

THE SLUMS
The smile that had nestled itself between Cluth's round cheeks wriggled away. In its place, a long, droopy frown was formed.
"Absolutely not." Cluth spat, his red brow creasing. "Simply put, I can't bring myself to trust you. No just yet. How can I be certain that you won't just take my money and run? Now, if we had a history of working together, things would be different. I could muster a little good will, however..."

[HOWEVER GOD-EMPEROR CLUTH CANNOT BE CERTAIN THAT YOU WILL NOT BE SEDUCED BY THE SEDUCTIVE GUILE OF THE KING OF BEGGARS---]

"That's enough, LW!" Cluth snapped, his fist striking that table. "That's quite enough! Another word out of you and I'll have you stripped for parts!"

The Droid instinctively saluted and turned to face the wall.

"If you want my credits..." The rotund man heaved, plucking at his collar to compose himself. "You'll agree to my terms as they are. No advanced pay. No hazard pay. You'll be award with the full, agreed-upon amount the moment I have proof that the King is dead. Perhaps I'll award you with a healthy bonus and a bottle of brandy if you're back soon. I am a reasonable man, after all..."

The Mayor stretched out an open palm.

"What do you say, Champions? Do we have a deal?"

Ventress rolled her eyes.

"I have high hopes for this partnership of ours..."

District B/Mall
Samus helmet hid her expression from her fellow Champions. Her body remained rigid. Stiff. Her feelings were hidden. All they could hear was the sound of her breath slowly echoing around her helmet. After a silent moment of hesitation, the Bounty Hunter lowered her blaster.

"Samus. Call me Samus Aran."

She turned back towards the Shopkeepers counter. She pushed aside a few piles of papers and a few fallen garments. Her eyes widened as they came across it. Jackpot.

She pulled a small, silver safe out from under the table. She tossed the steel block onto the top of the counter and pressed her blaster against the safe's door.

"Stand back."

[BOOM]

A charged blast cracked the safe right open. A wave of smoke coated a nearby coat rack. Samus pried open the wound she had carved into the safe's facade. 1,000,000 credits smiled back at them.

"That's good money." Her visor drifted up to her companions. She careful pushed the steel box across the table towards them. "We're all reasonable people. Take a third."

A few more onlookers snapped some photos of the Champions.

"We're something between Celebrities and Public enemies now. We'll find safety in numbers. Consider this a Good-Behavior bond. In taking this money, you're either promising to watch my back or stay out of my way. Your call."

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

Opera House
Haytham based the box, his hands looped behind his back.
"Correct." He hummed. "Panic will be our foe's greatest weapon. Prudence shall be our shield against it. We'll start be taking stock of the hall. I've taken they liberty of marking the hall's potential exits. It would be wise for us to split up and search for a generator down bellow. Interrogate the staff. Explore forbidden areas. Before we know it, we'll know this theater like the back of our hands and---"

"AGGHHHHH!!"

Someone in the heart of the audience unleashed an ear splitting scream. Sparks flew from the great chandelier that hung above the crowd. The great, steel beams the held the structure safe and high began to heave and groan. A wispy cloak danced across the hall's supporting girders.

"Damn it!" Haytham spat, pounding the banister with his fist. "We're too late. He's made his move. We need to get up there. It won't stay standing forever!"

With a subtle groan of exertion, Kenway rolled his body over the edge of the rail and hung his body over the crowd. He reached to his right and took one of the hall's great, led lined curtains in his hands. He began to frantically climb, his pelvis rhythmically swinging to help maintain his momentum.

"Hurry!"

@Yun Lee @Minerva

Skies above the City
Higg's knife ricocheted of Ridley's steel skin as it rolled its head from side to side. However, the force of the shot still rocked his head like a swaying ship, momentarily stunning the great beast. He screamed out once again.

"BASTARD!"

He furiously and frantically rolled his body a few times, his razor tail spinning like a helicopter blade. It's sharpened point cut deep into Higg's abdomen. Its serrated edge latched onto the flesh and fabric of Higg's torso. WIth another road, the beast entered into a nose dive. He and Chase were thinking alike- if Ridley kill Higgs with his bare hands, he would simple have to let gravity do his job for him.

@Yun Lee @Capri

Bank Heist/ Bathroom
"Of course," Gen nodded as he turned to follow the guard into the bathroom. He kept his head down low and avoided the eyes of the other bankers. They would have to be subtle. Quiet. "A sound play..."

Inside the bathroom, the pair caught sight of the guard in question. He barely noted the Champion's presence. He tossed a few handfuls of water onto his face and sighed. He ran his wet fingers through his hair and stared up at the mirror above the sink. He whispered something private to himself.

Gen positioned himself beside the guard and starting washing his own hands. He waited patiently for Yashamaru to make his move.

@Yun Lee

Hotel
"A demon I--" Frost stammered, taken back by Kayn's praise. He shook his head for a moment, banishing an old, long buried concern. He placed his hand over his heart and took a bow, all the while avoiding Kayn's eyes. "I assure you, friend, I am a demon in name only. I appreciate your praise, but I fear I am unworthy of it. I only did what I had hoped my companions would have done for me, were our roles reversed. That power... I only did what was necessary. My name is Frost. I'm a humanitarian from the 6th Universe. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kayn."

Frost turned back to Bad Girl.
"Yes, their bark seemed worse that their bite in the end... But I fear our problems might have only just begun. I doubt this is the last we've seen of the local security forces. We might have painted an even larger target upon our backs..."

Click

The Penthouse suit's door clicked open a crack. It was too dark to see what was inside without opening the door fully. A voice called from inside.

"Don't mind the mess! Come on in!"

Ah well...that was a pity. "A gentleman's agreement it is then!" Eight Hearts gave out his hand for a shake with the rotund fellow in front of him. "I'm sure we'll be able to solve your little problem!"

Yeah, fuck that shit. "Frost, do your laser bullshit into that room. Does this Motherfucker think he can play with us? Fuck. That. Shit. Yo! Asshole!" Bad Girl shouted into the room. "Acting like a smug little shit will only get your dick kicked in!"

NARANCIA GHIRGA
@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @York @Lucky
“Fine...” Narancia growled, his anger clearly showing as his knuckles were white from clutching his chair too hard.

HIGGS MONAGHAN
@Sark @Lucky
The slash from Ridley cut open the pod on Higgs’s chest. It began to leak a red liquid. One could see a doll that looked like a baby if you looked closely enough.

Recognizing the dangers of having no weapons, he teleported onto a nearby roof, tucked out of sight from both Chase and Ridley.​

Yeah, fuck that shit. "Frost, do your laser bullshit into that room. Does this Motherfucker think he can play with us? Fuck. That. Shit. Yo! Asshole!" Bad Girl shouted into the room. "Acting like a smug little shit will only get your dick kicked in!"

Frost nodded in response. He raised his fingers towards the door. A crimson ball of light danced upon the its pad.

"Come outside!" He snapped. "Now! Hands up!"

"As fun as a Dick-Kicking sounds, this isn't my apartment. I don't want the Bell Boy to slip me a bill for the damages when I check out, okay?"

A very human laugh could be heard from inside the apartment. The sound of a pistol cocking came soon after. A woman's scream followed.

"I mean, any more damages. Do you think Room Service will charge me a premium if they have to clean up blood splatters?"

"A hostage..." Frost flinched. The ball of light that sat upon his finger began to flicker and fade.

"Bingo!" Another laugh. "Now get your asses inside before I paint this place red. No fast movements now.I get twitchy when I get nervous."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back