Side Story Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sark

Im-im-impossible!!
Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt
It's all inside your head... Welcome to the mindscape...
You wake up somewhere dark. You're alone. It's... quiet.

Cheering breaks the silence. Cheering. Jeering. Chanting. It's hard to pick up specific phrases.

"Arcade is dead! Long live Arcade!"

"Murderworld is dead! Long live Murderworld!"

You can't find the source of the noise. It's creeping in from the blackest corners of your mind. It's too much to bear. It's a sensory overload.

"Gooooodddd morning, Planet Prudence!

A voice howls above the rabble.

"You've been asking for it! You've been begging for it! Now, here it is! Brought to you by the Triad, Oblivion Energy, the Lucky Shot Gun Company, I have the honour of sharing with you---

The howling grows louder.

"The Second, and Greatest CHAMPIONS OF THE ARENA TOURNAMENT!"

"I'm your host, the Boss of this little operation--"
View attachment 4605
"It's Sooorrcccc Tooorrrrmmoooo!!!!"

SORC! SORC! SORC! SORC!

"Thank you, thank you! You're too kind!"

Tormo waved his pale hands to calm the invisible ground. The siege on your senses came to an end.

"I know that you're all eager to play my little game! I know that you're all eager to get murderin'! Our minds are all connected, babies! I know exactly how you feel!"

Laughter. Too much to endure.

"That's right people! You saw the last Tournament! You know the rules better than they do!"

Sorc's voice took on a new, sinister tone. His eyes met yours. They skewered you.

"Let's get you up to speed, shall we?" He growled. "We wouldn't want you dying with a confused look fixed to those pretty mugs of yours, now would we?"

He broke eye contact and turned back to his invisible audience. He threw his arms wide like a ringleader.
View attachment 4606
"Let's crack the ol' rule book open for them, shall we? Here's how it goes!!"

"7 Years Ago, Arcade hosted the First Champions of the Arena Tournament. People lived! People died! And the world was never the same again! The Hunted Tournament has taken up the Legacy Arcade left behind! We're doing what he did, only bigger. Better. We'll bring glory to the name of the Van Gogh of Murder's name!"

The cheering returned. Chanting. Confessions of love. The lot.

"Ar-cade! Ar-cade! Ar-cade!"

Arcade took 32 souls to his island. We're doing one better! We haven't collected a band of children! We're not playing with amateurs! Tonight, you'll be introduced to Fifty trained killers! Some were bounty hunters, once upon a time! Others have more experience looking down the other end of the rifle! But on Planet Prudence, the predator and the prey are one and the same!"

He grinned a foul grin.

"You won't be watching the tournament from your couches! No sir! You'll be a part of the action! 2 Million credits will go to whoever kills one of my darling Champions! You heard that right! 2 MILLION CREDITS!"

Wooing and whistling.

"That'll pay for your kids surgery! It'll pay for your divorce! It'll be enough to pay for safe passage of this dump"

Laughter pounds upon your skull as Sorc chewed the scenery. He danced up and down the void, throwing his arms about keep his viewers captivated.

"But I'm warning you! Killing them will be no easy tasks! The Hunted will be desperate too! Desperate as debtors... literally! Ya see, if our chosen Champions want to see the week's end, they'll have to scrounge together 40 Million Credits each! If they fail to get me my goddamn money by the end of the week, I'll trigger the microscopic C4 charges I've buried in their brains!"

He looked over his shoulder, meeting your eyes with a thin glare.

"Boom!! I don't get my money, they die. Simple as that. Either they kill each other for the world's entertainment and buy their freedom with bounties, or they die. Simple as that."

His anger faded. The showman's smile returned.

"So, they better get to work! They better get killing! Because I need that damn money!" He laughed. "Fight or fry! Live or die! Just like Arcade- the Patron Saint of the Unappreciated, the Madame Tussauds of Torture- I have the privilege of sending this ship off to sea! I have the privilege of saying these iconic words:"

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen--"

Images come flooding into your mind. Faces. Killers. Hunters. 49 in total. You take a glimpse inside their minds.

"---boys and girls, freaks and murderers,"

You see their fear. Their anger. Their hate.

"--predators and prey, one and all..."

They're coming for you. They're hunting you.

"WELCOME"
"TO"
"MURDERWORLD!"

CHAPTER ONE// DAY ONE// THE DEEP END
Day One/ Remaining Champions: 50/50/ Estimated Viewers: 17 Billion/ Bounties: 2,000,000 Per Kill/ Current Debts: 40,000,000
Welcome to the Deep End. Let's jump right in.

District A: The Top of the World// The Skyscraper
@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @dark @Raynar Saassin @Minerva

unknown.png

You slip out of the mindscape and come to your senses. Your fingers drift to your throat. A silver collar is fitted around your neck. A small green screen sits at its centre.
It reads:

//11,000c//

It's pocket change on a planet like Prudence, but it might buy you a think or two.

You take a moment to take in your surroundings. In the distance, a siren sounds. It's faint, but you can just make it out over the roaring, raging wind. The air is thin up here, but it's clean. Crisp. You've been dropped in the richest of the city's three districts, District A.

From the edge of the roof, you can see hundreds of flying cars zip and zap across the sky. Their 'road' floats a few stories bellow you. If you took a leap of faith, you could probably land inside one. Even if their drivers could see you, they probably wouldn't pay you much notice. They've got more money than sense. An extra 2 million would be nice, sure, but its not worth dying over.

The only way to reach the floor bellow would be to make a dash for the staircase door, or take a chance and try squeezing down one of the nearby air vents.
The Devil of Hong Kong stroked his chin and hummed to himself in thought. You recognise his face from the Mindscape. He's one of the Hunted.
View attachment 4607
"This is... unorthodox, to say the least. It's a strange was to enlist my services, for sure... and to think I had once left this life behind..." Gen rolled his white eyes and sighed. "So be it. Which of you wants to try throwing this old man off a rooftop first?"

Across the rooftop, another 'Champion' began to slowly shuffle away from the crowd. He kept his rifle close his his chest.
View attachment 4608
"Damn mess..." Dengar cursed to himself. "I'm getting too old for this shit..."

@Yun Lee as Yashamaru Kurama
@Atomic Knight as Sean Diaz
@dark as Shadow 1-8
@Raynar Saassin as Kurome Ankokuboshi
@Minerva as Helena Douglas
Sark as Dengar
Sark as Gen, the Devil of Hong Kong

District A: The Bottom of the World// The Underground
@Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack
unknown.png

You slip out of the mindscape and come to your senses. Your fingers drift to your throat. A silver collar is fitted around your neck. A small green screen sit at its centre.
It reads:

//11,000c//

It's pocket change on a planet like Prudence, but it might buy you a think or two.

You take a moment to take in your surroundings. You're in a filthy subway station. The city stinks of oil and cheap cigarettes.

The ground beneath you starts to shake. You look down. You're standing on the tracks. The station is a good 100 meters away.

A blinding light illuminates the tunnel. It's getting closer.
The train's horn sounds.
"To hell with this..." Boba cursed, flames leaping from his jet pack. The stench of jet fuel washed over you as Fett took flight, soaring out of the train's path.
View attachment 4609
"Follow me, you're dead. Got it?"
View attachment 4610
"Don't have to tell me twice, Pal!" Star Lord cried, activating his own jet boots and taking to the skies. "Don't plan on dying neither!"
View attachment 4611
"Not worth it."
IG-88's robotic voice-box croaked as he turned tail and sprinted towards the station.
"Not---worth---it."

@Ottonomous Ghost as Kayn
@Crunch as Victor Saltzpyre
@Jackythejack as Seto and Sai
@Gummi Bunnies as Rena Ryugu
@Raynar Saassin as Uzume Tennouboshi
Sark as IG-88
Sark as Boba Fett
Sark as Starlord

District B: The White-Hall// The Mall
@Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch
You slip out of the mindscape and come to your sense. Your fingers drift to your throat. A silver collar is fitted around your neck. A small green screen sits at its centre.
It reads:

//11,000c//

You take in your surroundings. You brush to the lettuce shavings from your pants. You lick your finger and try to sponge a ketchup stain from your shirt. You've woken up in the heart of a Mall's food court. Everywhere you turn, you see the scared and confused faces of the mall's patrons.

They're all thinking. Weighing up what they have to live. Whether its worth risking it all and attacking you with a plastic fork. You can see their fingers twitching. At the end of the food court, sits a pair of automatic stairs. Walking up them would take you to the Mall's clothe stores. It would be your best shot at grabbing a disguise before the rest of the hunters come to their senses and the real hunt begins.

Beneath the stairs sits a door to the wider city. It might get you away from the crowds.
View attachment 4615
"A food hall..." Trudgen Ren growled. "There are worse places to die."
View attachment 4613
"Nice to know you've accepted your face, big guy," Sam grinned.

"I wasn't talking about me." The knight's fingers tightened round his blade. Sam followed suit.

@Yun Lee as Marianne von Edmund
@Takumi as Namae Ouka
@Atomic Knight as Daniel Diaz
@Gummi Bunnies as Neir
@Crunch as Markus Cruber
Sark as Jetstream Sam
Sark as Trudgen Ren

District B: 40th Boulevard// The Streets
@amwexia @dark @Lucky @York @Jeremi
You slip out of the mindscape and come to your senses. Your fingers drift to your throat. A silver collar is fitted around your neck. A small green screen sits at its centre.
It reads:

//11,000c//

You take a moment to absorb your surroundings.
View attachment 4614
The streets around you are dirty and wet, freshly damned by the night's rain. Despite morning having come hours ago, the streets were still dark and cool. The towering apartment blocks and the soaring sky cars were excellent at blocking out all natural light.

The warm glow of the street lights was dwarfed by the glimmer of the dozens of billboards that littered the skyline. District B was a town doused in neon.
"Looking for as boost?" A hologram screamed from a nearby rooftop. "Then get a shot of Nexium Energy! Banned in over 12 Star Systems! That's how X-TREME it is!"

"Forget Nexium!"
Another hologram screeched. "What you need is OBLIVION! The greatest tasting energy serum in the galaxy! It gives you so much energy, we can't legally call it an 'energy drink' anymore! Ignore the haters! Ignore the doctors! You want OBLIVION! You need OBLIVION! Only at the available at the White Wall Mall!"
unknown.png

"Such a strange place..." Frost muttered to himself, his eyes fixed on the arguing advertisements. "Product placement... in the heart of a death match..."
unknown.png

"I've seen stranger worlds..." Vamp rolled his tongue across he teeth. "But none with such... allure. Dark alleys. Loud screens. No one would see you die. No one would hear you scream..." His fingers drifted to his knives. His eyes undressed his fellow Hunted...

@amwexia as Higgs Monaghan
@Lucky as Chase Davenport
@Jeremi as Bad Girl
@dark as Maya "Echo" Visari
@York [reserved slot]
Sark as Frost
Sark as Vamp

District C: Dive// The Slums
@Ottonomous Ghost @amwexia @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Takumi
It reads:

//11,000c//

You take in a deep breathe. The air's enough to make you gag. It's unbearable. It smells like waste, blood and death. You take in your surroundings. You're standing in a condemned building. It's concrete floors have fallen through, leaving beams of rebar sticking out here, there and everywhere, like jagged fingers. The windows have long since been stripped of their glass. Graffiti litters the walls. A lightning bolt marked with the tag 'Long Live the Ringleader' has been painted across the remnants off the floor. Discarded papers and bundles of trash are blown across the house's bones.
unknown.png

"Here's we go again..." Ventress muttered to herself, calling the curved hilts of her lightsabers to her hands. "What's it gonna be? Rip each others throats out now, or later?"
unknown.png

"I'm down for now," Juri grinned, tensing her flexing her fingers and raising right knee. "Christmas has come early this year. Can't blame me for wanting to tear my presents open all at once, can you?"

@Ottonomous Ghost as Rhaast
@amwexia as Narancia Ghirga
@Jeremi as Eight Hearts
@Takumi as Elias Ainsworth
@Lucky as Allison Argent
@York as Aliceviel von Einzbern
Sark as Asajj Ventress
Sark as Juri
District A- the Upper City
District A is the richest of the Capital's three districts. It's come to the creme de la creme of Prudence society. Gamblers. Trust Fund Kids. The lot. As a result, this district has the Highest Police Presence. If you're planning to commit a crime, you'll have to do it quick to avoid catching the Law's eye. 2 million is enough to temp a cop or two-- getting arrested during the Hunt is a great way to get killed by a corrupt guard.

However, there are some perks to staying in Upper City. It's home to:
  • The Golden Gate Race Track​
  • The Silverball Bank​
  • The Lucky Hand Cassino​
  • The Red Tail Museum​
  • The Blazing Tongue Gallery​
  • The Domestic District (Skyscrapers)​
  • The Compendium Hotel​
  • The Red Ribbon Dealership​
More areas may become available to you as the game progresses.

If you are planning to move from one place on interest to another, remember to tag your new location at the bottom of your post. Remember, changing from one district to another will involve travelling across one of the city's bridges, or travelling through the sewers.

District B- Middle City
District B is home to the city's middle class. Here, you'll find a lot of private business and small houses. Unlike the Upper City, the Middle City is navigated by a series of road-- you won't find many flying cars down here. The Police have a smaller presence in the Middle District, so criminal actions might be easier to perform. That said, the Middle City's Central Business district is highly populated, much more so that the Upper City. The City's residents are also more likely to attack you in the hopes of getting their hands on your bounty.

Places of interest Include:
  • The White-Wall Mall​
  • The City Advertising Office​
  • Town Hall​
  • Middle Class Housing District​
  • The Street-River Motel​
  • Earthie's Ground-Car Dealership​
  • Lucky Shot's Gun Stores​
  • Mercy's Medical Centre and Pharmacy​
  • Church of the Goddess​

If you are planning to move from one place on interest to another, remember to tag your new location at the bottom of your post. Remember, changing from one district to another will involve travelling across one of the city's bridges, or travelling through the sewers.
District C--- THE LOWER CITY
District C, the Lower City, is the roughest part of the city. The Police presence in District C can be found around the city's power plants and factories. Outside of those properties, its the wild west. If you die in District C, you won't be missed. You won't be noticed. The residents of the Lower City are hungry and desperate. The possibility of earning 2 million credits with a lucky kill is the only thing that gets some of its residents out of the bed in the morning. Thus, many of the city's residents have formed 'Hunting Parties'. These small militias live to hunt the city's Champions. That said, sliding them a few thousand credits might be enough to get them off your back or on your side...

Places of interest include:
  • The Unlucky Shot's Explosives Store.​
  • Mercy's Mobile Medical Centre.​
  • Hunting Party 7's Base of Operations.​
  • Thunderbolt Power Plant.​
  • The Factory District.​
  • The Southern Toll Bridge.​
  • The Deadeye's Base of Base of Operation.​
  • The Knightblades' Base of Operations.​

Trust No-One!
No matter how kind a stranger might seem, everyone can claim your bounty. Man. Woman. Child. They'll all get a little something-something out of killing you. There are some trust worthy souls out there, sure. But it helps not to get your hopes up.

Money Makes the World Go Round!

You've got 11,000 Credits in your pocket. Use them! Your credits can buy you a place to stay, some food and some weapons. These can make the difference between staying alive long enough to pay of Sorc or becoming Trudgen's new pin cushion. Sometimes, you need to spend money to make money-- you'll be surprised by the things you'll find on store shelves.

Or, you could just steal some stuff.
Complete Bounty List- 2 Mil per Kill
1. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
2. Aliceviel von Einzbern, Credits: 11,000 @York
3. Allison Argent, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky
4. Undiscovered Hunter!, Credits: 11,000
5. Boba Fett, NPC, Credits: 11,000
6. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
7. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000

8. Charlotte Birkin/Bad Girl, Credits: 11,000 @Jeremi
9. Chase Davenport, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky
10. Daniel Diaz, Credits: 11,000@Atomic Knight
11. Dengar, NPC, Credits: 11,000
12. Elias Ainsworth, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi
13. Frost, NPC, Credits: 11,000
14. Gen, NPC, Credits: 11,000

15. Helena Douglas, Credits: 11,000 @Minerva
16. Higgs Monaghan, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia
17. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
18. IG-88, NPC, Credits: 11,000
19. Jetstream Sam, NPC, Credits: 11,000

20. Johnson aka Eight Hearts @Jeremi
21. Juri, NPC, Credits: 11,000
22. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000

23. Kayn, Credits: 11,000 @Ottonomous Ghost
24. Kurome Ankokuboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin
25. Lucas Kellan/ Shadow 1-8, Credits: 11,000 @dark
26. Marianne von Edmund, Credits: 11,000 @Yun Lee
27. Markus Kruber, Credits: 11,000 @Crunch
28. Namae Ouka, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi
29. Narancia Ghirga, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia
30. Neir, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies
31. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
32. Maya "Echo" Visari,Credits: 11,000 @dark
33. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
34. Rhaast, Credits: 11,000 @Ottonomous Ghost
35. Rena Ryugu, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies
36. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
37. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
38. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000

39. Sean Diaz,Credits: 11,000 @Atomic Knight
40.Seto and Sai, Credits: 11,000 @Jackythejack
41. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
42. Starlord, Credits: 11,000 NPC,
43. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
44. Trudgen Ren, NPC, Credits: 11,000

45. Uzume Tennouboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin
46.Vamp, NPC, Credits: 11,000
47. Victor Saltzpyre, Credits: 11,000 @Crunch
48.Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000
49.Yashamaru Kurama, Credits: 11,000 @Yun Lee
50. Reserved Spot for @York, Credits: 11,000

Last edited:

Cheering breaks the silence. Cheering. Jeering. Chanting. It's hard to pick up specific phrases.

You can't find the source of the noise. It's creeping in from the blackest corners of your mind. It's too much to bear. It's a sensory overload.

"You've been asking for it! You've been begging for it! Now, here it is! Brought to you by the Triad, Oblivion Energy, the Lucky Shot Gun Company, I have the honour of sharing with you---

View attachment 4605

SORC! SORC! SORC! SORC!

Tormo waved his pale hands to calm the invisible ground. The siege on your senses came to an end.

"I know that you're all eager to play my little game! I know that you're all eager to get murderin'! Our minds are all connected, babies! I know exactly how you feel!"

"That's right people! You saw the last Tournament! You know the rules better than they do!"

Sorc's voice took on a new, sinister tone. His eyes met yours. They skewered you.

"Let's get you up to speed, shall we?" He growled. "We wouldn't want you dying with a confused look fixed to those pretty mugs of yours, now would we?"

He broke eye contact and turned back to his invisible audience. He threw his arms wide like a ringleader.
View attachment 4606

"7 Years Ago, Arcade hosted the First Champions of the Arena Tournament. People lived! People died! And the world was never the same again! The Hunted Tournament has taken up the Legacy Arcade left behind! We're doing what he did, only bigger. Better. We'll bring glory to the name of the Van Gogh of Murder's name!"

Arcade took 32 souls to his island. We're doing one better! We haven't collected a band of children! We're not playing with amateurs! Tonight, you'll be introduced to Fifty trained killers! Some were bounty hunters, once upon a time! Others have more experience looking down the other end of the rifle! But on Planet Prudence, the predator and the prey are one and the same!"

He grinned a foul grin.

"You won't be watching the tournament from your couches! No sir! You'll be a part of the action! 2 Million credits will go to whoever kills one of my darling Champions! You heard that right! 2 MILLION CREDITS!"

Wooing and whistling.

"That'll pay for your kids surgery! It'll pay for your divorce! It'll be enough to pay for safe passage of this dump"

Laughter pounds upon your skull as Sorc chewed the scenery. He danced up and down the void, throwing his arms about keep his viewers captivated.

"But I'm warning you! Killing them will be no easy tasks! The Hunted will be desperate too! Desperate as debtors... literally! Ya see, if our chosen Champions want to see the week's end, they'll have to scrounge together 40 Million Credits each! If they fail to get me my goddamn money by the end of the week, I'll trigger the microscopic C4 charges I've buried in their brains!"

"Boom!! I don't get my money, they die. Simple as that. Either they kill each other for the world's entertainment and buy their freedom with bounties, or they die. Simple as that."

"So, they better get to work! They better get killing! Because I need that damn money!" He laughed. "Fight or fry! Live or die! Just like Arcade- the Patron Saint of the Unappreciated, the Madame Tussauds of Torture- I have the privilege of sending this ship off to sea! I have the privilege of saying these iconic words:"

Images come flooding into your mind. Faces. Killers. Hunters. 49 in total. You take a glimpse inside their minds.

"WELCOME"
"TO"
"MURDERWORLD!"

Day One/ Remaining Champions: 50/50/ Estimated Viewers: 17 Billion/ Bounties: 2,000,000 Per Kill/ Current Debts: 40,000,000

unknown.png

It reads:

//11,000c//

You take a moment to take in your surroundings. In the distance, a siren sounds. It's faint, but you can just make it out over the roaring, raging wind. The air is thin up here, but it's clean. Crisp. You've been dropped in the richest of the city's three districts, District A.

From the edge of the roof, you can see hundreds of flying cars zip and zap across the sky. Their 'road' floats a few stories bellow you. If you took a leap of faith, you could probably land inside one. Even if their drivers could see you, they probably wouldn't pay you much notice. They've got more money than sense. An extra 2 million would be nice, sure, but its not worth dying over.

The only way to reach the floor bellow would be to make a dash for the staircase door, or take a chance and try squeezing down one of the nearby air vents.
The Devil of Hong Kong stroked his chin and hummed to himself in thought. You recognise his face from the Mindscape. He's one of the Hunted.
View attachment 4607
"This is... unorthodox, to say the least. It's a strange was to enlist my services, for sure... and to think I had once left this life behind..." Gen rolled his white eyes and sighed. "So be it. Which of you wants to try throwing this old man off a rooftop first?"

Across the rooftop, another 'Champion' began to slowly shuffle away from the crowd. He kept his rifle close his his chest.
View attachment 4608

@dark as Shadow 1-8
Sark as Dengar

unknown.png

You slip out of the mindscape and come to your senses. Your fingers drift to your throat. A silver collar is fitted around your neck. A small green screen sit at its centre.
It reads:

//11,000c//

You take a moment to take in your surroundings. You're in a filthy subway station. The city stinks of oil and cheap cigarettes.

The ground beneath you starts to shake. You look down. You're standing on the tracks. The station is a good 100 meters away.

The train's horn sounds.
"To hell with this..." Boba cursed, flames leaping from his jet pack. The stench of jet fuel washed over you as Fett took flight, soaring out of the train's path.
View attachment 4609

View attachment 4610
"Don't have to tell me twice, Pal!" Star Lord cried, activating his own jet boots and taking to the skies. "Don't plan on dying neither!"
View attachment 4611

"Not worth it."
IG-88's robotic voice-box croaked as he turned tail and sprinted towards the station.
"Not---worth---it."

Sark as IG-88
Sark as Boba Fett
Sark as Starlord

You slip out of the mindscape and come to your sense. Your fingers drift to your throat. A silver collar is fitted around your neck. A small green screen sits at its centre.
It reads:

//11,000c//

You take in your surroundings. You brush to the lettuce shavings from your pants. You lick your finger and try to sponge a ketchup stain from your shirt. You've woken up in the heart of a Mall's food court. Everywhere you turn, you see the scared and confused faces of the mall's patrons.

They're all thinking. Weighing up what they have to live. Whether its worth risking it all and attacking you with a plastic fork. You can see their fingers twitching. At the end of the food court, sits a pair of automatic stairs. Walking up them would take you to the Mall's clothe stores. It would be your best shot at grabbing a disguise before the rest of the hunters come to their senses and the real hunt begins.

Beneath the stairs sits a door to the wider city. It might get you away from the crowds.
View attachment 4615
View attachment 4613

"I wasn't talking about me." The knight's fingers tightened round his blade. Sam followed suit.

@Takumi as Namae Ouka
@Gummi Bunnies as Neir
@Crunch as Markus Cruber
Sark as Jetstream Sam
Sark as Trudgen Ren

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4614
The streets around you are dirty and wet, freshly damned by the night's rain. Despite morning having come hours ago, the streets were still dark and cool. The towering apartment blocks and the soaring sky cars were excellent at blocking out all natural light.

The warm glow of the street lights was dwarfed by the glimmer of the dozens of billboards that littered the skyline. District B was a town doused in neon.
"Looking for as boost?" A hologram screamed from a nearby rooftop. "Then get a shot of Nexium Energy! Banned in over 12 Star Systems! That's how X-TREME it is!"

"Forget Nexium!" Another hologram screeched. "What you need is OBLIVION! The greatest tasting energy serum in the galaxy! It gives you so much energy, we can't legally call it an 'energy drink' anymore! Ignore the haters! Ignore the doctors! You want OBLIVION! You need OBLIVION! Only at the available at the White Wall Mall!"
unknown.png

"Such a strange place..." Frost muttered to himself, his eyes fixed on the arguing advertisements. "Product placement... in the heart of a death match..."
unknown.png

"I've seen stranger worlds..." Vamp rolled his tongue across he teeth. "But none with such... allure. Dark alleys. Loud screens. No one would see you die. No one would hear you scream..." His fingers drifted to his knives. His eyes undressed his fellow Hunted...

@Jeremi as Bad Girl
@York [reserved slot]
Sark as Frost
Sark as Vamp

It reads:

//11,000c//

You take in a deep breathe. The air's enough to make you gag. It's unbearable. It smells like waste, blood and death. You take in your surroundings. You're standing in a condemned building. It's concrete floors have fallen through, leaving beams of rebar sticking out here, there and everywhere, like jagged fingers. The windows have long since been stripped of their glass. Graffiti litters the walls. A lightning bolt marked with the tag 'Long Live the Ringleader' has been painted across the remnants off the floor. Discarded papers and bundles of trash are blown across the house's bones.
unknown.png

"Here's we go again..." Ventress muttered to herself, calling the curved hilts of her lightsabers to her hands. "What's it gonna be? Rip each others throats out now, or later?"
unknown.png

"I'm down for now," Juri grinned, tensing her flexing her fingers and raising right knee. "Christmas has come early this year. Can't blame me for wanting to tear my presents open all at once, can you?"

@Jeremi as Eight Hearts
@Lucky as Allison Argent
Sark as Asajj Ventress
Sark as Juri
District A is the richest of the Capital's three districts. It's come to the creme de la creme of Prudence society. Gamblers. Trust Fund Kids. The lot. As a result, this district has the Highest Police Presence. If you're planning to commit a crime, you'll have to do it quick to avoid catching the Law's eye. 2 million is enough to temp a cop or two-- getting arrested during the Hunt is a great way to get killed by a corrupt guard.

• The Golden Gate Race Track
  • The Silverball Bank
  • The Lucky Hand Cassino
  • The Red Tail Museum
  • The Blazing Tongue Gallery
  • The Domestic District (Skyscrapers)
  • The Compendium Hotel
  • The Red Ribbon Dealership

District B- Middle City
District B is home to the city's middle class. Here, you'll find a lot of private business and small houses. Unlike the Upper City, the Middle City is navigated by a series of road-- you won't find many flying cars down here. The Police have a smaller presence in the Middle District, so criminal actions might be easier to perform. That said, the Middle City's Central Business district is highly populated, much more so that the Upper City. The City's residents are also more likely to attack you in the hopes of getting their hands on your bounty.

• The White-Wall Mall
  • The City Advertising Office
  • Town Hall
  • Middle Class Housing District
  • The Street-River Motel
  • Earthie's Ground-Car Dealership
  • Lucky Shot's Gun Stores
  • Mercy's Medical Centre and Pharmacy
  • Church of the Goddess

District C, the Lower City, is the roughest part of the city. The Police presence in District C can be found around the city's power plants and factories. Outside of those properties, its the wild west. If you die in District C, you won't be missed. You won't be noticed. The residents of the Lower City are hungry and desperate. The possibility of earning 2 million credits with a lucky kill is the only thing that gets some of its residents out of the bed in the morning. Thus, many of the city's residents have formed 'Hunting Parties'. These small militias live to hunt the city's Champions. That said, sliding them a few thousand credits might be enough to get them off your back or on your side...

• The Unlucky Shot's Explosives Store.
  • Mercy's Mobile Medical Centre.
  • Hunting Party 7's Base of Operations.
  • Thunderbolt Power Plant.
  • The Factory District.
  • The Southern Toll Bridge.
  • The Deadeye's Base of Base of Operation.
  • The Knightblades' Base of Operations.

Trust No-One!
No matter how kind a stranger might seem, everyone can claim your bounty. Man. Woman. Child. They'll all get a little something-something out of killing you. There are some trust worthy souls out there, sure. But it helps not to get your hopes up.

You've got 11,000 Credits in your pocket. Use them! Your credits can buy you a place to stay, some food and some weapons. These can make the difference between staying alive long enough to pay of Sorc or becoming Trudgen's new pin cushion. Sometimes, you need to spend money to make money-- you'll be surprised by the things you'll find on store shelves.

HIGGS MONAGHAN

“Death game, huh?”
Higgs says, loudly, “I’ll be damned,”

Higgs wasn’t there anymore, but soon the others could see his arm crawl around Chase Davenport.

“Credits...” Higgs says, pointing a gun at his temple, “or he dies,”

@Lucky @Jeremi @dark @York @Sark @TheStreets

—-///—-///—-///—-

NARANCIA GHIRGA

“Oi, oi, oi! What the fuck is going on here?” Narancia shouts, pulling out a pocket knife.

He looks around, suspiciously eyeing all of the contenders. He sniffs slightly.

“Give me one reason, right now, why I shouldn’t plunge this knife in your throat right now!”

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @York @Sark @TheSlums

Last edited:

unknown.png

It reads:

//11,000c//

upload_2020-1-17_0-2-30-png.4607

upload_2020-1-17_0-6-39-png.4608

"Hmm. Reminds me of the city of Planeptune, my nation. Towering structures. Filled with people who dared seal me away. "Me" is also here, thinking she can even begin to stop me. Hmhmm~ Well, looks like I have enough dimension to destroy in my wake."

Spoke the words of one Kurome Ankokuboshi. Her words were hollow and menacing to say the least, she really didn't have a care in the world. How she ended up in this situation was beyond her belief but she only had one purpose in mind; to do what she does best. Manipulation, Corruption and Destruction.

2455.jpg

"So eager to waste your lives away. This tournament of grandeur. If you want to die, you know where to find me."

Kurome exclaimed as she walked towards the staircase, her guard up at all times.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Minerva

unknown.png

It reads:

//11,000c//

The train's horn sounds.
upload_2020-1-17_0-16-28-png.4609

upload_2020-1-17_0-17-45-png.4610

upload_2020-1-17_0-20-20-png.4611

"Not worth it."
"Not---worth---it."

Sark as IG-88
Sark as Boba Fett
Sark as Starlord

"Woah!"

Shouted Uzume Tennouboshi as she didn't have much time to jump the gap to avoid the incoming train!

"What kind of tournament drops their contestants into near death?! Come on. Heh. Later!"

Without much to say or do, Uzume quickly bolted towards an exit.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Jackythejack @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

“W-Woah!” Seto scrambles to get out of the way of the train, him just barely avoiding the instant death. He took a shaky breath. Good thing nothing was there to push him back...but, what the hell?

“I guess you found out you’re not alone, but having to kill them isn’t exactly what you were looking for, was it?” Sai appeared next to the boy and crossed her arms over her chest. She looked around. “I guess you at least got some weapons on you, that’ll help you.”

“What!? I don’t want to kill people!” Seto said, eyes widening as he followed Sai’s example and looked around. He slowly pulled out his crossbow, pressing his lips together. “Why would I do that?!”

“Look, Seto, I know I shouldn’t care about you dying, because then you’ll be a ghost like me, but I also don’t want to see you die a painful death. Seto, it’s kill or be killed right now. Do you understand me?”

“B-But if I kill them...”

“Look, you have a girl waiting for you back home. A girl you have to find. You’re not going to find her if you’re dead, alright?”

“yeah, I...I guess you have a point,” he said with a nod. He should probably get going then. Slowly, with crossbow equipped, he began to move forward. Unfortunately, down the same way as that other girl, but he specifically didn’t follow down the path of the two rather armored looking folks.

@Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

View attachment 4605

SORC! SORC! SORC! SORC!

View attachment 4606

He grinned a foul grin.

Wooing and whistling.

"WELCOME"
"TO"
"MURDERWORLD!"

unknown.png

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4607

View attachment 4608

@dark as Shadow 1-8
Sark as Dengar

unknown.png

It reads:

//11,000c//

The train's horn sounds.
View attachment 4609
View attachment 4610
View attachment 4611
"Not worth it."
"Not---worth---it."

Sark as IG-88
Sark as Boba Fett
Sark as Starlord

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4615
View attachment 4613

@Takumi as Namae Ouka
@Gummi Bunnies as Neir
@Crunch as Markus Cruber
Sark as Jetstream Sam
Sark as Trudgen Ren

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4614

"Forget Nexium!"
Another hologram screeched. "What you need is OBLIVION! The greatest tasting energy serum in the galaxy! It gives you so much energy, we can't legally call it an 'energy drink' anymore! Ignore the haters! Ignore the doctors! You want OBLIVION! You need OBLIVION! Only at the available at the White Wall Mall!"
unknown.png

unknown.png

@Jeremi as Bad Girl
@York [reserved slot]
Sark as Frost
Sark as Vamp

It reads:

//11,000c//

unknown.png

unknown.png

@Jeremi as Eight Hearts
@Lucky as Allison Argent
Sark as Asajj Ventress
Sark as Juri

• The Silverball Bank​
  • The Red Tail Museum​
  • The Compendium Hotel​

District B- Middle City

• The White-Wall Mall​
  • Town Hall​
  • Church of the Goddess​

• The Factory District.​

Trust No-One!

f2f9751a2ee78a3318ae8a9a6dc4b1b8c02e331a.jpg

"?" That's odd, last he could remember he was being saved by Saki Haijima after being kidnapped, he remembered Shou crying, then passing out from a back injury. Did he get kidnapped a second time? If so...Haijima-sensei was going to be pissed once he found out. From what he could tell his wounds were mostly healed and bandaged...maybe his teacher did it before he was taken? Who knew.

Ouka blinked as he took in their surroundings, expression blank as he stared at the group of people who stared at the Champions, watching their twitching fingers quietly before he headed to the stairs leading to the clothing store.

He had no need to kill them, nor any interest in doing so unless attacked first. Ren and Sam weren't his concern at the moment either, since they seemed to be ready to attack each other.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies

418c6447594180e43924f5e8e24fcbea4d39e77b.jpg

"Ugh...!" Bringing a hand to her face, Chise quickly brought a hand to cover her nose at the stench of death and blood hit her sensitive nose. As two in their group already seemed keen to kill, she tensed, keeping her distance and remaining weary. Her left hands fingers grew sharpand elongated. Her black appendages' fingers looking like claws. She didn't like this one bit.

62e52fea16d57c9215981856f26f02529663be19.jpg

'This bad already? That man had said that this was Murderworld, Alice had said that it was gone, an island at the bottom of the sea. This is wrong, this shouldn't--what...what was the last thing I was doing before being here?' she thought in near panic.

She was brought out of her thoughts by Narancia, her gaze landing on him for a moment, before glancing to the rest present. Right now her dragon senses were telling her that right now they were all threats, and it was almost overwhelming.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @amwexia @Jeremi @York @Lucky

Last edited:
Kayn and Rhaast
@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @subway

Normally, Kayn felt at ease in the dark. It was his armor. However, he felt vulnerable in that void-like prison, sounds assaulting his mind. Only, this vulnerability disappeared once he discovered that he was summoned into a tournament.

A large-scale arena? Full of champions? This was precisely what he'd been looking for, a playground on which to test his skills. He had a strong feeling that this tournament would be the one to trigger his Shadow Assassin transformation. The mere possibility of gaining the power to surpass even Zed himself... he couldn't wait to get in.
It reads:

//11,000c//

The train's horn sounds.

"Not worth it."
"Not---worth---it."
While Kayn was indeed thrown off by the unfamiliar and Zaun-like surroundings, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit now that he was actually in the game. "This'll be interesting," he said, glancing at his enemies with a cocky grin. Meanwhile, Rhaast was practically shaking in Kayn's hands, and his large eye darted around, as if salivating in anticipation. "Ohh... there are so many strong opponents here, Kayn! Drive me into their flesh!" the Darkin bellowed, his voice unnatural. Kayn looked down at the weapon. "Patience, Rhaast. Do you not see that machine charging toward us? We could get seriously hurt," the ninja said sarcastically. He could easily Shadow Step through the walls to avoid it. Taking full advantage of this fact, he targeted one of the Champions.

He began running toward the station, though it wasn't a run of fear, but rather a pursuit of intent. Fleeing won't save you, Kayn thought to himself as he rapidly approached IG-88. He didn't feel that killing a robot would improve his skills much, but money was money, and Kayn wasn't one to pass up a vulnerable back.

Trails of darkness enveloped his legs as he seemingly danced along the shadows created by the light. By then, Rhaast noticed what his plan was. "A robot? What do you think I am, Kayn? I am a weapon, not some tool! TURN AROUND!" Rhaast pouted as a vein became visible on Kayn's head. "Will you just shut up for one second?!"

latest

Once he got in range, he reeled back the blade and quickly swiped upward, a burst of energy lashing out at IG-88. It would cut into him and surround him in dark energies, slowing his movement. Following up, Kayn jumped into the air and swung downward, intending to cut deep into the robot's back and throw him at the oncoming train.

"I prefer the sound of flesh being torn, but oh well... this will have to do."

latest

Successful in his attack or not, Kayn would step into the wall for a moment and let the train safely pass him.​

Last edited:
Yashamaru Kurama-District A

The only thing Yashamaru felt throughout this entire situation was fury. White-hot and pumling through his veins like adrenaline. Fifty people, thrown into a game of life or death by some bastard who thought violence and bloodshed a spectator sport? Disgusting. Unforgivable. If Sorc Tormo wanted blood, he was going to get it...right when Karasu Tengu spilled his own before him.

For now, though, he looked at the group with him, and the area around him. This place they were in...it was like a whole new world that Yashamaru had only seen in his wildest dreams. If only the circumstances of visiting it weren't such a nightmare...then to those gathered. A young woman left, and Yashamaru couldn't care less. Someone playing Tormo's game. Go and die for all he cared.

"I'm not killing any of you unless you come for me first," Yashamaru said, giving Gen his answer. "My targets are the ones running this game, and anyone who may try to kill us."

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Raynar Saassin

---

Marianne von Edmund-District B

No...no, no, no, no, no! This wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening! Marianne knew her life was doomed, that all that awaited her was misery and misfortune. And not just her, anyone around who was foolish enough to get too close. But she had never expected this. To be thrown into some new place, surrounded by people that would kill her in an instant...maybe it would be better this way. Away from her classmates and her family, the Goddess could come and take her home and she'd never have to worry about hurting anyone ever again. In fact, her death would make someone a lot of money...

Maybe that was it, then. She could find somebody who really needed her money, and give it to them, as long as they didn't mind being around her for very long. Already the two men down here, who looked ready to kill each other in front of civilians, were not people Marianne wanted to be near. So, following the lead of a boy in their group, Marianne headed to the stairs, hoping to bring as little attention to herself as possible.

@Sark @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies

District A - The Skyscraper

"So, how does the story of the wolf brothers end?"

Sean Diaz felt like his head was splitting in two. He was being assaulted with information at all sides. He felt so unbelievably cold. He had no idea how to even start comprehending what was going on. He felt like was falling into an endless, dark abyss.

"..."

Sean's eye shot open and he stumbled backward on his feet. He slipped and fell on to his ass, letting out a grunt. His wide-eyed stare took in the skyline surrounding him and those who had joined him on the rooftop. His body shivered as a sense of overwhelming dread overtook him. He reached up to tug at the collar around his neck. "What the fuck--" he stammered, unable to quell his shaking.

"What the hell is going on?!" he asked out loud to no one in particular. What kind of crazy fucking hallucination was this? What kind of strange fucking video game had he dreamed up?

ROcZWUS.png

"Where am I?!"

@Yun Lee @dark @Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Sark

District B - The Mall

"Hey, it's my story too, right?"

For Daniel Diaz, all the information he was supposed to process was just beyond his comprehension. None of it really made any sense. Was it all kind of a really weird movie? Was he dreaming? What had happened?

"Um, huh...?"

The boy got to his feet a bit shakily, his eyes darting around the food court at the various people around him. Some looked familiar, some looked confused, some looked scared, while some just looked... Daniel wasn't sure. Hungry was the word that came to mind. That made sense, he supposed.

Gingerly, the boy touched at his neck and fiddled with the collar. He didn't like that. He tugged at the collar roughly, feeling his heart beat a bit more rapidly. After a moment, he took another look around himself.

qXE4jca.png

"Sean?" he said. "Sean, where are you?!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Sark

Last edited:

View attachment 4605

SORC! SORC! SORC! SORC!

View attachment 4606

He grinned a foul grin.

Wooing and whistling.

"WELCOME"
"TO"
"MURDERWORLD!"

unknown.png

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4607

View attachment 4608

@dark as Shadow 1-8
Sark as Dengar

unknown.png

It reads:

//11,000c//

The train's horn sounds.
View attachment 4609
View attachment 4610
View attachment 4611
"Not worth it."
"Not---worth---it."

Sark as IG-88
Sark as Boba Fett
Sark as Starlord

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4615
View attachment 4613

@Takumi as Namae Ouka
@Gummi Bunnies as Neir
@Crunch as Markus Cruber
Sark as Jetstream Sam
Sark as Trudgen Ren

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4614

"Forget Nexium!"
unknown.png

unknown.png

@Jeremi as Bad Girl
@York [reserved slot]
Sark as Frost
Sark as Vamp

It reads:

//11,000c//

unknown.png

unknown.png

@Jeremi as Eight Hearts
@Lucky as Allison Argent
Sark as Asajj Ventress
Sark as Juri

• The Silverball Bank​
  • The Red Tail Museum​
  • The Compendium Hotel​

District B- Middle City

• The White-Wall Mall​
  • Town Hall​
  • Church of the Goddess​

• The Factory District.​

Trust No-One!

As Vamp was waxing poetic he could hear a beer can opening behind him. "Give me a fucking break." A chug of the beer later the empty can feel to the ground as they heard a sigh of relief. "Fuck! That felt soooo good!" The woman in a pretty pink dress spun around to get a closer look at the competition. "So who the fuck are you supposed to, S&M freak show?" She pointed a bat towards Vamp motioning it over to Frost. "Sperm looking headass. I'm not even buzzing yet and still there's a whole bunch of fucking clowns running around. If you want me to beat you up my rates are pretty high and you got to have your own suit cause I'm not made of fucking money."

"But I can sure as shit beat it out of you!"

HIGGS MONAGHAN

“Death game, huh?”
Higgs says, loudly, “I’ll be damned,”

Higgs wasn’t there anymore, but soon the others could see his arm crawl around Chase Davenport.

“Credits...” Higgs says, pointing a gun at his temple, “or he dies,”

@Lucky @Jeremi @dark @York @Sark @TheStreets

—-///—-///—-///—-

NARANCIA GHIRGA

“Oi, oi, oi! What the fuck is going on here?” Narancia shouts, pulling out a pocket knife.

He looks around, suspiciously eyeing all of the contenders. He sniffs slightly.

“Give me one reason, right now, why I shouldn’t plunge this knife in your throat right now!”

@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @York @Sark @TheSlums

Bad Girl just looked at Higgins for a moment. "Yeah have fucking fun with that." She slung the now five-pack of beer over her shoulder and started to walk away. "Any of you fuckers gonna tag along I'm going to find me some fucking booze because this shit ain't going to last long if this is the fucking fuckery I'm going to have to deal with here."

@amwexia @Lucky @Jeremi
@dark @York @Sark

"I'd prefer later, or not at all. Really."

stage05Img.jpg

"Perhaps we could be more civilised before starting to murder each other?" Despite the beings fierce appearance it spoke with a calm voice and a very fancy British accent. So you know he was a good guy. As Narancia started waving his knife around he could only sigh. "Perhaps you have heard about strength in numbers?"

@amwexia @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @York @Sark @TheSlums​

As Narancia started waving his knife around he could only sigh. "Perhaps you have heard about strength in numbers?"

"Alright... alright I like where ya goin'..." Narancia said, "That fuckin Soooooooorc guy never said 'kill everyone', he only said to collect credits or whatever. I ain't that smart but I know a loophole when I see one. If all of us victims work together we could all get outta here alive. Nice fuckin idea."

Narancia closes the knife but doesn't put it away, clutching onto it in the palm of his hand.

"I'll only trust yaz all with my name when everyone here agrees."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @York @Sark @TheSlums

"Alright... alright I like where ya goin'..." Narancia said, "That fuckin Soooooooorc guy never said 'kill everyone', he only said to collect credits or whatever. I ain't that smart but I know a loophole when I see one. If all of us victims work together we could all get outta here alive. Nice fuckin idea."

Narancia closes the knife but doesn't put it away, clutching onto it in the palm of his hand.

"I'll only trust yaz all with my name when everyone here agrees."

"Well, that is certainly a plan," The being replied with a nod. "Oh I'm terribly sorry, where are my manners? I am Eight Hearts." He gave the group a bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you all...despite the circumstances, that is."

District A - Underground - Victor Saltzpyre

A distant, blaring noise - almost like a horn - drew the man from his sudden slumber.

Victor Saltzpyre's right eye fluttered beneath the railway's dim lighting, the functions of life slowly returning to his spindly limbs and, more importantly, his head. A second roar came trundling down the other end of the railway; the Witch Hunter's eye shot open with alarming rapidity, his legs kicking up dust from the concrete as he scrambled up against the closest wall and gasped for air and looked around like a startled animal.

"... What ... in Sigmar's name," he rasped, slowly taking in the surroundings. "... happened?"

It was not but a few minutes ago that Saltzpyre stood among his allies in Helmgart's decayed wheat fields. It was a mission like any other.

Lohner - miscreant that he is - had managed to receive word of Rotblood raiding parties sacking a local farm for food and resources. To make matters worse, they'd captured many hostages from the civilian population with the intent to sacrifice them to their heathen god. The opportunity to bring his blade to the throat of such flippant heresy was more than enough for the Witch Hunter Captain to rouse his retinue to action - Gorrekson, Kruber, the witch, and the elf.

Something happened. Two fingers tightly pinched Victor's hand. Indeed, it was no illusion or trickery of the mind - it was as real as anything else. The familiar stench of rats on the wind, an odor that Victor had become all but accustomed to, was the first notable absence in this place. The smell of burning wood and rotting corpses had long faded from his nose, and only a murky, stone abyss remained.

1b6b02faf6783b752483ac04dd1891fd.png

"Hmph. The very air is thick with corruption. I can smell it on the wind," he muttered to himself, scowling. "I must find a way out of this damnable tunnel!"

Saltzpyre pushed himself off the wall and ran a hand around his body, finding that his sword and pistol were still fastened to his hip in addition to some silver brace clipped around his throat. A third blaring roar, this time much closer, rumbled up the tunnel. He couldn't make out exactly what it was, at least not until he saw the train's light slowly spill against the wall as it approached the corner.

He could hear movement around him - were these... other people? He had thought to interrogate them about his whereabouts, but the approaching noise dashed that idea. He had to get out of this tunnel first. Find a way back to the farm.

"Sigmar damn it all, I've no time for this!"

Victor turned on a dime and started down the tunnel towards what he could imagine was some exit from this underground hellhole. He turned his fast walk into a sprint once he could hear a metallic chugging begin to pick up behind himself.

Saltzpyre moves towards the station!

@Sark @Raynar Saassin @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @subway​

District B - The Mall - Markus Kruber

"... Pffppt... pfffpppt."

Markus Kruber unknowingly spat, feeling something tickle his lips. It was a salad leaf. The large man was stirred from his slumber by many voices, but he paid them no mind. He was more concerned with the splitting headache he currently had. Sleeping in full armor was a bloody terrible idea; even worse was deciding to hit the ale so hard that he'd go blackout drunk. The soldier heaved himself into a sitting posture, a low and level yawn escaping his mouth as he groggily eyed the area around himself.

"Oi... Bardin, you'se there?" he yawned again, eyes fluttering. "Wot time is it? Ah, damn, I was suppos'd to get up early today... did we... did we have a... salad last night?"

Kruber lazily eyed the green salad leaf on his armor. Plucking it free from himself, he eyed the humble condiment for a few precious moments, feeling the regret in his muscles fade away and logic begin to return - as did his eyesight. He blinked, looking ahead of the leaf and seeing the interior of a room that was most certainly not Taal's Horn Keep.

"What the...?"

The sergeant suddenly scrambled up to his feet, eyes practically bulging out of his head as the mall's brightly colored interior assaulted his senses. An armored gauntlet clutched the side of a table, almost bending it beneath the force of his grip as Kruber heaved his substantial body up off the salad-coated floor and to his feet. He breathed, heavy and ragged, before feeling his neck brace press against his throat.

He grunted, gripping the brace and attempting to tear it off. No dice, it didn't even budge. What kind of metal is this thing forged out of? Better question, where in Taal's name was he? A torrent of questions swarmed Kruber's head, forcing him to back up against a nearby wall and take in the atmosphere of the situation with deep breaths. Steeled as his heart maybe, he'd never prepared himself for a sudden and swift abduction.

It'd been in the middle of a mission that he got grabbed - judging by the zweihander and coach gun that lay plainly on the ground before his feet, next to his feathered hat. Kruber gingerly gripped the blade's handle with some force, feeling the metal's warmth against his palm. Having a weapon in his hand suddenly brought his mind to a more manageable state. He'd snatch up the coach gun next and shoulder it over his back, before tentatively retrieving his hat and placing it over his head.

This was an abduction, no doubt. The ratmen and northlanders were no strangers to taking hostages to fuel their war effort. It wasn't the first time Markus found himself a captive to the enemy, but he vowed himself not let it happen again. Promises break all the time; what can you do? Kruber scratched away at his beard as he weighed his options against the surroundings - at least until he heard a clattering come from the other end of the mall area.

District A - The Skyscraper

"So, how does the story of the wolf brothers end?"

Sean Diaz felt like his head was splitting in two. He was being assaulted with information at all sides. He felt so unbelievably cold. He had no idea how to even start comprehending what was going on. He felt like was falling into an endless, dark abyss.

"..."

Sean's eyes shot open and he stumbled backward on his feet. He slipped and fell on to his ass, letting out a grunt. His wide-eyed stare took in the skyline surrounding him and those who had joined him on the rooftop. His body shivered as a sense of overwhelming dread overtook him. He reached up to tug at the collar around his neck. "What the fuck--" he stammered, unable to quell his shaking.

"What the hell is going on?!" he asked out loud to no one in particular. What kind of crazy fucking hallucination was this? What kind of strange fucking video game had he dreamed up?

ROcZWUS.png

"Where am I?!"

@Yun Lee @dark @Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Sark

District B - The Mall

"Hey, it's my story too, right?"

For Daniel Diaz, all the information he was supposed to process was just beyond his comprehension. None of it really made any sense. Was it all kind of a really weird movie? Was he dreaming? What had happened?

"Um, huh...?"

The boy got to his feet a bit shakily, his eyes darting around the food court at the various people around him. Some looked familiar, some looked confused, some looked scared, while some just looked... Daniel wasn't sure. Hungry was the word that came to mind. That made sense, he supposed.

Gingerly, the boy touched at his neck and fiddled with the collar. He didn't like that. He tugged at the collar roughly, feeling his heart beat a bit more rapidly. After a moment, he took another look around himself.

qXE4jca.png

"Sean?" he said. "Sean, where are you?!"

The only thing Yashamaru felt throughout this entire situation was fury. White-hot and pumling through his veins like adrenaline. Fifty people, thrown into a game of life or death by some bastard who thought violence and bloodshed a spectator sport? Disgusting. Unforgivable. If Sorc Tormo wanted blood, he was going to get it...right when Karasu Tengu spilled his own before him.

For now, though, he looked at the group with him, and the area around him. This place they were in...it was like a whole new world that Yashamaru had only seen in his wildest dreams. If only the circumstances of visiting it weren't such a nightmare...then to those gathered. A young woman left, and Yashamaru couldn't care less. Someone playing Tormo's game. Go and die for all he cared.

"I'm not killing any of you unless you come for me first," Yashamaru said, giving Gen his answer. "My targets are the ones running this game, and anyone who may try to kill us."

---

No...no, no, no, no, no! This wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening! Marianne knew her life was doomed, that all that awaited her was misery and misfortune. And not just her, anyone around who was foolish enough to get too close. But she had never expected this. To be thrown into some new place, surrounded by people that would kill her in an instant...maybe it would be better this way. Away from her classmates and her family, the Goddess could come and take her home and she'd never have to worry about hurting anyone ever again. In fact, her death would make someone a lot of money...

Maybe that was it, then. She could find somebody who really needed her money, and give it to them, as long as they didn't mind being around her for very long. Already the two men down here, who looked ready to kill each other in front of civilians, were not people Marianne wanted to be near. So, following the lead of a boy in their group, Marianne headed to the stairs, hoping to bring as little attention to herself as possible.

It reads:

//11,000c//

View attachment 4615
View attachment 4613

@Takumi as Namae Ouka
@Gummi Bunnies as Neir
@Crunch as Markus Cruber
Sark as Jetstream Sam
Sark as Trudgen Ren

Kruber's bearded face peeked around the corner. His observant eye almost immediately made out the shapes of people - about four in total that was moving about. Someone was moving up a set of strange stairs, two men with weird armor facing each other, and what appeared to be a kid. A kid in the middle of all of this. The mercenary frowned, looking back to where the first person was heading - away from the conflict, a smart one that is - then to where the two men were facing.

A lot of moving pieces to all of this. But two men looked like they were about to kill each other in front of a young boy and many civilians.

The jostling of the sergeant's armor forecasted his presence to the two swordsmen. Markus emerged around the corner, blade in tow, and approached the pair of murderers. He stopped just a few feet between them.

3e4626490cf8a3dfcad2ecba8fff5903.png

"Oi. Far be it from me to get in the way of two fightin' men," the mercenary mused with a furrowed brow. "But you're gonna take it somewhere away from all these people first, understand?"

Kruber lifted the decorated zweihander off his shoulder and brought to bear in front of his chest, wrapping his other hand around the handle. He stared the two strangers down with conviction, still unsure of where he was but convinced that he had to keep the peace long enough for him to formulate a plan.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Sark @Mall

“Nice to meetcha, Eight Hearts,” Narancia says, “Like I said, I ain’t sayin’ my name until everyone here’s on board with this alliance,”

Narancia turns his attention to everyone else, “If ya still on the fence, just to letcha know I’ve lived in the slums before. Not these ones, but ya get the jist. Thing is, bein’ in the slums without someone watchin’ ya back’s hard. I’d assume ‘specially so ‘cause of the number ‘bove ya head. Let me tell ya, I ain’t the brightest of the bunch but goin’ out in the slums all alone is a terrible idea. Workin’ with each other’s prolly the best way we can all go home, even if it ain’t for long,”

@Jeremi @Sark @Lucky @York @Takumi @TheSlums

---

"Did you have the same thought?" Ouka asked, glancing at Marianne over his shoulder when he heard someone follow him.

"Some of those people are thinking about attacking us, and those two men...they're too busy sizing each other up to notice." He spoke before looking forward as he walked. So far, he didn't sense any hostility from the blue haired girl.

"There's no point in staying in an area with so many hostile people." He continued. They weren't magicians as far as he could tell--except something about Marianne interested him. He wasn't sure what it was, exactly anyway.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Crunch @Atomic Knight @District B/The Mall

“Nice to meetcha, Eight Hearts,” Narancia says, “Like I said, I ain’t sayin’ my name until everyone here’s on board with this alliance,”

Narancia turns his attention to everyone else, “If ya still on the fence, just to letcha know I’ve lived in the slums before. Not these ones, but ya get the jist. Thing is, bein’ in the slums without someone watchin’ ya back’s hard. I’d assume ‘specially so ‘cause of the number ‘bove ya head. Let me tell ya, I ain’t the brightest of the bunch but goin’ out in the slums all alone is a terrible idea. Workin’ with each other’s prolly the best way we can all go home, even if it ain’t for long,”

@Jeremi @Sark @Lucky @York @Takumi @TheSlums

"Well, that is certainly a plan," The being replied with a nod. "Oh I'm terribly sorry, where are my manners? I am Eight Hearts." He gave the group a bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you all...despite the circumstances, that is."

Chise kept her distance, though glanced to Eight Hearts and Narancia.

"I'm all for an alliance, but I don't know if we can convince those two so easily." She motioned to Juri and Ventress.

@Sark @Jeremi @amwexia @Lucky @York @District C/The Slums

Daniel - District B/The Mall

"Where is Sean?!" Daniel cried out, his panic having only risen in the last few moments. "What is... happening..." The boy let out a sharp breath and his body shuddered. The abandoned food tables around Daniel began to shake so slowly, it was as if they were humming. He whipped his body around to take in those that stood around him. "Tell me... someone...!"

With that cry, the tables and chairs closest to Daniel were blown back from him as if they were shoved. The boy brought a hand to his face and whimpered, though this didn't quell whatever power was brewing around the boy. Around Daniel, loose food and trays began to lift into the air as if behind held up by magic. The air was growing heavy and the field of energy around the boy grew slowly outward around him as his panic rose.

To the three men who stood nearby in a tense stand-off, Daniel was definitely a conspicuous element.

"If what I recall is true," Yashamaru said, turning to Sean," We're in some place called Planet Prudence for some sick game run by a bastard named Sorc Tormo. We have one week to make forty million credits each, and killing one of us earns you two million."

He crossed his arms, looking at those gathered on this rooftop. "I'm sure we can all do the math," he said. "If there are fifty of us, like he said, and you get two million a head, then you'd need to kill twenty people to get out of here alive, meaning only two people would have a chance if we go that route. But we have better chances the more of us that survive...and I have an idea on how to do that."

He started for the edge of the roof, looking around at their surroundings. "Back home, I'm a thief," he said. "I know how to take money, and I know how to make it. And I know that where there's money...there's people willing to pay you to do work for them." He turned back to the others. "If you'd like to kill like that girl who went down the stairs, be my guest. I'll get out of here another way, and you're welcome to join me." And by the end of this week, I'll have Tormo's head, he mentally added to himself. But it was important these people know he meant them no harm; they were all prisoners here.

---

Realizing she had been addressed, Marianne looked up at the boy who'd also started up the stairs. "Oh...um, yes," she replied softly, idly fumbling with her skirt. In truth she wanted to get away from the conflict and this seemed like the quickest way to do so. Looking behind her she saw a young boy start to panic. She was tempted to help him...but knowing her luck, he'd be worse off if she got near him.

"Where is Sean?!" Daniel cried out, his panic having only risen in the last few moments. "What is... happening..." The boy let out a sharp breath and his body shuddered. The abandoned food tables around Daniel began to shake so slowly, it was as if they were humming. He whipped his body around to take in those that stood around him. "Tell me... someone...!"

With that cry, the tables and chairs closest to Daniel were blown back from him as if they were shoved. The boy brought a hand to his face and whimpered, though this didn't quell whatever power was brewing around the boy. Around Daniel, loose food and trays began to lift into the air as if behind held up by magic. The air was growing heavy and the field of energy around the boy grew slowly outward around him as his panic rose.

To the three men who stood nearby in a tense stand-off, Daniel was definitely a conspicuous element.

"Stop that." Ouka called, turning to address Daniel.

"Whoever Sean is, he's not here. You can look for him, and I'll help you look, but whatever you're doing right now might put a target on your back." Namae's tone lacked any emotion, but he didn't flinch at whatever ability Daniel waa giving off in his panic. It was like magic, but not.

'I...envy him. He can feel and show his emotions with ease. He's alive.' Ouka thought, unaware that he was, in a sense, jealous of a child.

Whether Daniel panicked more from his words or calmed down, didn't matter too much to Ouka in the end.

"If what I recall is true," Yashamaru said, turning to Sean," We're in some place called Planet Prudence for some sick game run by a bastard named Sorc Tormo. We have one week to make forty million credits each, and killing one of us earns you two million."

He crossed his arms, looking at those gathered on this rooftop. "I'm sure we can all do the math," he said. "If there are fifty of us, like he said, and you get two million a head, then you'd need to kill twenty people to get out of here alive, meaning only two people would have a chance if we go that route. But we have better chances the more of us that survive...and I have an idea on how to do that."

He started for the edge of the roof, looking around at their surroundings. "Back home, I'm a thief," he said. "I know how to take money, and I know how to make it. And I know that where there's money...there's people willing to pay you to do work for them." He turned back to the others. "If you'd like to kill like that girl who went down the stairs, be my guest. I'll get out of here another way, and you're welcome to join me." And by the end of this week, I'll have Tormo's head, he mentally added to himself. But it was important these people know he meant them no harm; they were all prisoners here.

---

Realizing she had been addressed, Marianne looked up at the boy who'd also started up the stairs. "Oh...um, yes," she replied softly, idly fumbling with her skirt. In truth she wanted to get away from the conflict and this seemed like the quickest way to do so. Looking behind her she saw a young boy start to panic. She was tempted to help him...but knowing her luck, he'd be worse off if she got near him.

"I think there's a saying about like minds...I don't remember what it was, though." He replied, tilting his head slightly.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @District B/The Mall

Sean - District A/The Skyscraper

Sean scoffed at Yashamaru and stared. He shook his head for a moment before getting back to his feet. "I-I heard all that," he stammered, closing his eye. He took a deep breath to try and calm his shaking body. "But that doesn't make any of it make any sense! Why am I talking to-- to some kind of a samurai?!" He took a step toward Yashamaru. "I... I'm just a normal kid! Is this a dream, or-- or VR, like..." He groaned and ran a hand through his hair. "Shit, what the hell...?"

After a moment of thought, he looked toward the skyline. "I don't-- I can't kill anyone. Please... get me out of here."

@Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Sark

Daniel's gaze snapped toward Ouka and he let out a shuddering breath. "You'll... help me...?" As he said this, the floating debris slowly dropped back down, finally clattering once they hit the tables or floor.

Just hearing someone offer to help him grounded Daniel for the moment and his immediate panic subsided slightly. He still felt a horrible feeling in his stomach and his neck felt weird with the collar around it. At least this boy looked... normal. More normal than all the faces that had flashed across Daniel's mind moments ago.

"Are we in trouble?" he asked, not sure how to really word how he was feeling.

"VR...?" Now Yashamaru was confused. "You know of samurai...I'm guessing your more familiar with this type of place than I?" He gestured to this new world. With this whole situation, Yashamaru hadn't thought of this location much save for how wealthy it looked, but really he was out of his element. Flying steel machines below...towers made of metal...he truly was out of his element.

"You won't need to kill anybody, if you're smart about it," he said. "We need to pay in gold, not blood, in order to survive. It's just a matter of finding who's willing to give it to you." He scanned the world below, eyes landing on a rather gaudy looking place, one he wouldn't know from first glance was the casino. "Is that...a gambling den, or a brothel? Either way, that might be a good place to start."

---

"They...um..." Oh dear, she didn't know the expression, either. But luckily there was a new distraction, the young boy. Marianne couldn't just leave (despite desperately wanting to), that would be rude. "Yes, we might be." Wait, what was she saying? Children needed hope... "B-But!...um...if we work together..." Oh Goddess, she couldn't finish that. She wasn't going to be seeing the end of this week, anyway.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back