Side Story Champions of the Arena III: Cursed Company

Phi's hands moved suddenly to drip at her head. Not out of pain, but simply out of surprise. Words and vague images flashed through her head, of a mission she did not remember. A mission...? Could that mean--?

"No," Phi said out loud, cutting through her own thoughts. The objective of killing Arcade screamed at her, pushing her body to move and carry out the action, though she tried to resist. She had no issue with the death of Arcade (If anything, he just reminded her of an even worse Dio), but Phi could feel there was more going on here. Just killing somebody without even knowing the full picture seemed foolish.

"Damn it, this is a mess,"
she muttered.

Daniel's sobs waned as the mission statement flash into his head. He didn't get it. He really didn't get it. He still shook as he backed away from the Arcades. The screaming in his head was causing his head to hurt. Energy began to build up around Daniel and small debris began to float around him. His powers were being activated subconsciously, though Daniel didn't even realize it in the stat he was in.

"I don't... want to kill anymore...!"

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Capri @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Crunch @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @TeamNexium

[BANG]

The gunslinger fired one of her time guns at SmArcade, whose back was facing the woman.

If the bullet hit SmArcade, even a scrape, then changes would start to take effect. He would grow older, and older, and older, and older, until he was nothing more than a rotten skeleton on the ground.

That is, of course, if the bullet hits. If it misses it would safely embed itself into the wooden pole.

"Whut'd ah tell ya 'bout respect, boy,"

JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA
@Sark @Yun Lee @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @TeamDeadHearts

832d6436901bbb278545a5f0061da990.jpg

"N-no..."

Josuke didn't want to take any life, even if it was that of a murderer's.

For now, he stood by Marianne. If any Arcade were to try and attack the girl he would bring Soft and Wet out and attack the man.​

"Interesting..." Shang Tsung mused aloud to no one in particular. Even so the information flooding his mind did nothing to stir him into action against his supposed foes. Instead he ducked and once again stepped behind the others.

He wasn't going to become a casualty of a stray attack from his supposed allies.

^ @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy ^

Cyborg Superman however had no such thoughts. Again his eyes shine red as heat vision escaped them attempting to incinerate anything that was caught in his path. As he did this a mechanical tendril slid down his arm and towards Cybercade. The others were no doubt constructs in some form but not as blatant as this one. If the tendril managed to hit it's mark then Henshaw would attempt to hack it to gain a strategic advantage.

^ @Takumi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Jeremi ^

tumblr_inline_mtyeqzmkwM1qku79w.png

❝ ... I don't want... to believe... that... but... ❞ Mato mumbled once that memory came back to her. She didn't want this. She didn't want to kill someone, even if they were bad. The high schooler only stared at the ingredients that she was holding in her hands with a blank stare. She couldn't think about taking a life at all, but her Other Self figured to take the initiative especially with the stakes being raised once more.

Almost like she was getting possessed, Mato gasped in shock once she realized that her hand was moving on its own, as if to summon something from nothing. A faint blue aura stemmed form her left eye.

❝ W-wait, we can't do that yet! Rock, please! ❞ She panicked, trying her best to hold off her Other Self from taking full control. She glanced at the others, witnessing that some were simply going for the kill while some didn't want to do this just like her.

@Sark @Yun Lee @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Capri
@TeamDeadHearts

From what he could gather, Eren saw that the aging Arcade was quickly dealt with by a child who had powers that Eren couldn't really understand. On the other hand, the inclusion of another memory that was somehow forgotten only sold the idea to Eren that all these Arcades were better off dead, especially with how there was apparently more than the one they met with first. He really didn't care if some Nexius people were threatening jail time to him, killing this band of Arcades was already on his mind even if he never remembered this particular memory.

Wanting to get this over with, Eren shot out a pair of wired grapples from his gear right at Mobster Arcade, which were both aimed for his chest and ready to pierce right through. Whether that be the case or the grapples would miss and hit the wall behind this Arcade, Eren would be boosted in the general direction with the help of the gas cannisters from his gear, boosted right for a chance to behead Mobster Arcade with both blades being swung in the same direction: right for the neck.

@Sark @Crunch @Minerva @Capri @Ver
@TeamNexium

genm_action_gamer_level_0_by_markolios_db8y5hn-pre.png

--Dan Kuroto--
Lives Remaining: 5
@Sark @TeamDeadHeart​

Suddenly, as Kuroto was watching everything unfold, a flashback occurred. Like a static tape, it was blurry, and details couldn't be made out fully. However, he knew that he was face to face with someone. A person who claimed to had saved him.

That person claims that if he doesn't comply, something bad will happen to the one thing he wants to protect the most...

They have...That?

That thought alone made Kuroto Dan growl and snarl, fist clenching into a ball as he glared over to the band of white suited weirdos with matching orange hairs. They're known as Arcade, and according to this mysterious figure, they must be killed.

"THE NERVE!" Kuroto Dan slammed his fist on the table, haphazardly standing up, his gaze turned manic at the Arcades. "How dare they...HOW DARE THEY! Taking MY supreme work without MY permission!" He roared, practically flipping the table he once sat on, revealing what seems to be a large green device with a pink lever-lid, mounted on his buckle. "I'll kill these orange haired inbreds, take that data back, then I'll kill them all!" He declared took out what seems to be a black Nintendo cartridge, pulling its trigger.

hqdefault.jpg

MIGHTY ACTION X!

"Grade 0." Kuroto muttered, slotting the cartridge onto the slot of the green device. "Henshin!" He followed with a growly war cry, opening the pink lid.

GASHATTO! GACHAAN! LEVEL UP!

A purple screen, as tall as a human being showing a 2d outline of an armored suit emerged from within the insides of the green buckle mounted device. Swirling around him, a selection of portraits akin to a character select rotated around Dan, stopping and disappearing as he selected the portrait of his own Rider Form.

1000122648_1_large.jpg

MIGHTY JUMP! MIGHTY KICK! MIGHTY ACTION~! X!!

The screen melded with the mad game dev, now being shrouded by bright purple lights, emerging as an armored man clad in black with white highlights, purple shoulderpads, collar and wristband. His chest plate appears reminiscent of a super nintendo controller with its four colored buttons with a health bar beside it.

Snarling Kuroto rushed towards CarnivArcade, balling his fist and throwing a meaty punch at the one with the silly yellow cap, aiming to smash his face in with a monster-like snarl.

"Respect must be earned," SmArcade tutted. "Respect must be hard-won. Pointless niceties simply obscure your intentions and slow down the flow of conversations. That said, I advise your to treat us all like the separate beings we now, clearly, are. Mobster Arcade. Carnival Arcade. Glasses Arcade. Cyber Arcade. We're all distinct. Do not blame me for their chair tricks and thoughtless words, and I, in turn, shall not judge you for the sins of your... companions." SmArcade set his drink back down upon the counter. "I am a very patient man, friend, but I don't take kindly to threats. Threaten to shoot me again, and I may be forced to take actions against you. I shall not warn you twice."

"Maybe he was picking a fight, maybe he was just a rambling old moron who spent as much time wiping drool from his chin as he did wagging his chin!" Carnival Arcade snorted at Ouka's defense, his face creasing up like dry leather. "We don't blame ya for killing him. It ain't a big deal. So long as you don't go killin' any more of us, we're cool! Killing Arcades is an Arcade's job. We can't trust you kids to do it properly!" Arcade squatted down beside his exploded cake. He removed a bouquet of spoons from his jacket and offered a pair to Ouka. "Dig in!"

"But that's exactly what a spy would want us to think, isn't it?" SmArcade leaned back until his spine touched the bar. "You're hiding in plain sight. A little memory trick here, a little fake amnesia there... You could probably fool any man lesser than I, but, alas for you, you are, in fact, dealing with the best."

"Yeah plausibility isn't exactly 'a thing' here." The cyborg shrugged. "I mean, y0u're talking t0 a Carny, a M0bster, a F0rum M0derat0r, a Self-Pr0fessed P0lymath and a Cyb0rg. We're standing amidst the c0rpses of tw0-d0zen inflatable cr0c0diles. We're spinning 0n a Planet called Malice in a city called 'Murder'. It's all h0rrible irrati0nal, inexplicable and implausible. Right n0w, I'd say literally anything is p0ssible, and n0thing is 0ff the table..."

"Awwww, don't cry, kid!" The Carny cooed, his mouth full of cake. "Ye friend is right! People die every day! It ain't worth losing sleep over, believe me. Yano, I killed my first person when I was your age--" He shove another loaded spoonful of floor-cake into his already overflowing cake-hole. "MMMFFF---And I turned out fine!"

"To be frank? I don't really know..." Glasses Arcade adjusted his spectacles. "It's been a while since you-know-who sent someone to spy on us. I believe the last time they sent someone our way was... about 10 minutes ago?"

"Oh yeah!" Mobster Arcade chuckled. "Yeah, that was a fun time. The boys and I couldn't decide what to do with the guy, so we decided to share him... Judgement of Solomon style. I got a chunk. Glasses got a chunk. We all got a chunk Best part was that the snitch was still alive when I threw him in the compa--"

"Hey--"
"Hey, kid--"
"Aw, shit, I think I scared hhh----"
"Looks like he's seen ahh--"

"------"
"--- --- - -- -- - -"
"--- - ---- ---- --- --- ----- -"

The whispering grew louder. Louder. Louder. What had once been subtle hissing was now a raging wind. You couldn't hear yourself think. Only hissing. Only hissing. Only hissing!

T H I S I S B U L L S H I T

A switch had been flicked. A dam had broken.

A memory stirred. Trigger phrase accepted.
View attachment 9028
"We'll be sending you in via the Guest Lobby. The company has purchased the Pensioner Package on your behalf. You may suffer from some temporary memory loss after you break free from the 'illusion', but, I assure you, it will not last. Soon, you'll remember all about our agreement. Soon, you'll remember all about our mission. But... should the amnesia persist, this is all you need to keep in mind:

"Arcade must die. We know what you did."

TEAM OBLIVION HAS BEEN ACTIVATED!
MISSION: KILL ARCADE(S)

TEAM MEMBERS:
SHANG TSUNG// SHION// PHI// MOLLYMAUK TEALEAF// SUIGETSU HOZUKU// EEVIE FRYE// GODBRAND// AKUMA

View attachment 9032
"I understand that having the memories of a bunch of old people doesn't sound like 'fun', but right now, you're out of options. It's either this, or you spend the rest of your days rotting away inside the slammer. Once you've broken free of the illusion, you're going to want to kill Arcade as quickly as possible and find a way out of the city. It shouldn't be too hard. He's just one guy. But whatever happened to him during the Fall of Prudence... just... keep your guard up. In case your memory gets fucked up on arrival, we've implanted a couple of trigger phrases that should get you back on your feet sooner. Above all else, remember this:

"Arcade must die. It's this or a cell."

TEAM NEXIUM HAS BEEN ACTIVATED!
TEAM MEMBERS:

CIRI// SARUHIKO FUSHIMI// ZORA SALAZAR// EREN JAEGER// ALEXANDER ANDERSON// FORGE// ANDROID 17// THE ELEVEN
^ @Minerva @Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch ^

View attachment 9034
"Operation SPITE has begun. The A.I.'s destruction was nothing but a minor setback. We will reclaim the city. You will reclaim the city. P.R.U.D.E.N.C.E.'s dying act was to implant a series of subliminal codes in those fleshy little heads of yours. Don't let the A.I. down. Avenge it. We've smuggled you into the city for a reason.
"Arcade must die. Kill him, or the World Will Find Out.

TEAM PRUDENCE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED!
TEAM MEMBERS:

NAMAE OUKA// YASHAMARU// DANIEL DIAZ// CHASE DAVENPORT// HANK HENSHAW// THE DOCTOR// JAMES R. RHODES// JANET VAN DYNE

View attachment 9029
"You owe us one. We didn't break you out of that Nexium Holding Facility for nothing. You're going to repay us. You're going to do something for us, and you're going to do it without question. Why? Because we've got something you want. Something you can't replace. Something that's gonna take a suffer a horrible accident unless you start playing ball. Ya see, a lot of people lost a lot of precious shit when those nutjobs blew up District A. It's high time someone made them pay for what they did. It's high time someone made the Champions of the Arena suffer.

"Arcade must die. You're going to him for us. And that's just for starters. Screw it up and... well... I might just have to do something we'll both regret..."

TEAM DEAD HEARTS
TEAM MEMBERS:

MARRIANE VON EDMUND// JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA// DAN KUROTO// AIZAWA SHOTA// MATO KUROI// CONNER KENT// THAAL SINESTRO// JACQUELINE FALSWORTH
^ @Yun Lee @Capri @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies ^

The whisper had become a scream. There was only one way to make it stop.
"A R C A D E---MUST---DIE!"

We know what you did? Hm. That sounded almost like a veiled threat. Shion moved out of the way as most went in for the attack, gun in hand and at the ready in case he had to defend himself. Something about this didn't sit well with him, despite the urge to go ahead and deal with one of the Arcade's himself. Besides if the Arcades were dead what then? A pat on the back and a ride home from whoever was leading the mission? As nice as that sounded it felt like there was something else that needed to be done, but what?

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Space_Candy @TeamOblivion

Phi's hands moved suddenly to drip at her head. Not out of pain, but simply out of surprise. Words and vague images flashed through her head, of a mission she did not remember. A mission...? Could that mean--?

"No," Phi said out loud, cutting through her own thoughts. The objective of killing Arcade screamed at her, pushing her body to move and carry out the action, though she tried to resist. She had no issue with the death of Arcade (If anything, he just reminded her of an even worse Dio), but Phi could feel there was more going on here. Just killing somebody without even knowing the full picture seemed foolish.

"Damn it, this is a mess," she muttered.

Daniel's sobs waned as the mission statement flash into his head. He didn't get it. He really didn't get it. He still shook as he backed away from the Arcades. The screaming in his head was causing his head to hurt. Energy began to build up around Daniel and small debris began to float around him. His powers were being activated subconsciously, though Daniel didn't even realize it in the stat he was in.

"I don't... want to kill anymore...!"

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Capri @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver

"Why do you Arcades so easily talk of killing each other? If you're eager to do so why haven't you simply slaughtered each other already?" He asked, before blinking as CarnivArcade handed him a pair of spoons.

"Eating off of the floor is unsanitary." He commented as the other proceeded to do so, and proclaim he was fine. Logically, it didn't quite add up to Ouka. None of it did, really. One thing that caught his interest was talk of finding someone who tried to come after them though he didn't get to focus on that long.

As the memory was triggered, Ouka remained by Daniel's side, unmoving for just a moment. He cared little for the mission statement, but with most quickly going for the objective of killing the Arcades it seemed like he may not have to use up too much energy. That said, if they were one step closer to going home then maybe this was the start on that path. For now, he carefully moved in front of Daniel as if to partially block his view and protect him, having sensed the threat coming near before seeing it, he watched as Kuroto charged to attack CarnivArcade with a powerful looking punch.

The boy's powers didn't bother the older boy too much, yet he still tried to exude caution when noticing that the other's mental state seemed fragile.

"Daniel, don't worry about killing. Worry about survival for now, and stay within my sight." He offered, his signature weapon in hand yet didn't move to use it. With nearly all of the Arcade's targeted and being attacked so suddenly, he didn't attempt to do so himself just yet. If one tried to get away, however, they'd be met with an icy javelin in their calf to stop them from getting far. Likely not enough to kill, but enough to keep them from leaving the area.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Jeremi @TeamPrudence @Sark @Everyone

"Why do you Arcades so easily talk of killing each other? If you're eager to do so why haven't you simply slaughtered each other already?" He asked, before blinking as CarnivArcade handed him a pair of spoons.

"Eating off of the floor is unsanitary." He commented as the other proceeded to do so, and proclaim he was fine. Logically, it didn't quite add up to Ouka. None of it did, really. One thing that caught his interest was talk of finding someone who tried to come after them though he didn't get to focus on that long.
"Because, like this cake, some things need to be savored!" Carny grinned a messy, sticky grin. "Life, like you, is short. You've got to make the most of it. Same goes for death. Killing all the Arcades at once... man. That would be like opening all your presents at once on Christmas morning! A rush of blood to the head, sure, but nothing writing home about. It's the reasons spoons make better weapons that bombs. They're more personal. More intimate, yano?"

[BANG]

The gunslinger fired one of her time guns at SmArcade, whose back was facing the woman.

If the bullet hit SmArcade, even a scrape, then changes would start to take effect. He would grow older, and older, and older, and older, until he was nothing more than a rotten skeleton on the ground.

That is, of course, if the bullet hits. If it misses it would safely embed itself into the wooden pole.

"Whut'd ah tell ya 'bout respect, boy,"
Arcade Must Die.
That was something Yashamaru didn't need to think twice about, really. He had learned enough during his time in Prudence to know that bastard didn't deserve to breathe, and should have stayed dead. He'd make a mad dash towards the nearest Arcade and slice at him with Shanao, his own sword. Questions could be asked later. For now he had a job to do.
[TING]
"Now, I hate yo say 'I told you so'," Arcade mumbled, rolling something between his teeth. "Oh, who am I kidding? I'm loving this... Pfftwa!" He spat the wet bullet at Zora's feet and reached for his second drink. "I told you s--"

[SHHNK]

Arcade eyes drifted earthbound. He ran his finger through the great, gaping wound the now blemished his chest.
"That's another suit ruined... I should go find Headband Arcade once all this is over. I've been meaning to ask him for a splash-proof vest for some time."
He gulped down another mouthful of non-alcoholic liquor, not stopping to think about its taste. It fizzed out of the hole in his gut and trickled down his pants.
"Bollocks. Maybe I should add some splash-proof pants to that order. Does anyone have a paper towel? Or a regular towel? I think there's one behind the bar..." He took another sip. "You know what? Forget it. I'll just burn the jacket. It's been touched by peasant-hands. It's probably for the best. I mean, a true samurai would at least tried to fell me with a hyper-combo. I was talking to Purple Arcade about this the other day. You 'hero' types... You always revel in drama. Sure, it's more tense if you try to slice me in two... but it's always more efficient to go for the head. I expected more from you, old chum..."

Cyborg Superman however had no such thoughts. Again his eyes shine red as heat vision escaped them attempting to incinerate anything that was caught in his path. As he did this a mechanical tendril slid down his arm and towards Cybercade. The others were no doubt constructs in some form but not as blatant as this one. If the tendril managed to hit it's mark then Henshaw would attempt to hack it to gain a strategic advantage.
Flames coursed across the machine-man's flesh, tearing it from his mechanical skull like a harvest is torn from a field. The Cyborg fell to his knees, clutching his rapidly thinning head.
[Loading Death-Howl.MP3]

"Full Fathom Five, Thy father lies;

"0f his b0nes are c0ral made;
"Th0se are pearls that were his eyes
"N0thing 0f him d0th fade!
"But d0th suffer a sea-change!
"Into something rich and strange!

"Sea-Nymphs hourly ring his knell--

The Cyborg caught his contemporary's tendril and plucked it from the air. He willingly jammed into his charring face. The last of the bulbs that had once illuminated his face popped and fizzled to black.

"Hark! Now I hear them-- Ding D0ng, Bell!"

[Downloading Memories.Exe]
[Decompressing...]
[Please wait...]
[Installation corrupted. Restarting]
[Please wait...]
[Installation complete. Please close this window.]

The Cyborg pulled the cord from its face. Slowly, its damaged flesh started to reform, just as Hanks own had done a dozen times before. His robotics started to regenerate. Soon, the Cyborg looked just as he had done prior to Hank's attack.

"He's w0rking for the 0ld City." Cybercade took a few large steps away from Henshaw. "0uka. Yash. Daniel. All 0f 0ur friends... they're all trying to kill us!"

From what he could gather, Eren saw that the aging Arcade was quickly dealt with by a child who had powers that Eren couldn't really understand. On the other hand, the inclusion of another memory that was somehow forgotten only sold the idea to Eren that all these Arcades were better off dead, especially with how there was apparently more than the one they met with first. He really didn't care if some Nexius people were threatening jail time to him, killing this band of Arcades was already on his mind even if he never remembered this particular memory.

Wanting to get this over with, Eren shot out a pair of wired grapples from his gear right at Mobster Arcade, which were both aimed for his chest and ready to pierce right through. Whether that be the case or the grapples would miss and hit the wall behind this Arcade, Eren would be boosted in the general direction with the help of the gas cannisters from his gear, boosted right for a chance to behead Mobster Arcade with both blades being swung in the same direction: right for the neck.

@Sark @Crunch @Minerva @Capri @Ver
@TeamNexium
[PPPFGGG]
The two grappled pierced the Mobster's chest. His expression quickly changed from amusement to disdain.
"You land of my planet, in my town, in my resort, huh? You start throwing ya weight around stabbing people? Ya starting throwing grapplin' hooks at people? Acting like the big man huh? In my city? In my fuckin---"
[SSSSHHHKKK!]
[BONK]
"Oh now ya beheading people, huh? Bet that makes ya feel real good, dunit, huh? Mr. Big Man beading people? Killing old men? Don't get got the balls ta look em in the eyes, huh? Piece a shit, cock swining coward shit licking motherfuck--"

"Alright, Big Cheese..." Glasses Arcade sighed, picking the Mobster's severed head up off of the floor and lodging it under his arm. The pressure from Glasses' wrist kept the Gangster's jaw shut. "Look at him... All worked up, poor thing..."

Snarling Kuroto rushed towards CarnivArcade, balling his fist and throwing a meaty punch at the one with the silly yellow cap, aiming to smash his face in with a monster-like snarl.
For a moment, Arcade stood stoic and still, his face pinned to Kuroto's fist. He slowly raised his right hand. A spoon dinked off of his opponent's helmet.
"Lwet mwe..." Carny mumbled, his face now compressed to the width of a coin. "Haw mwy cwake..." He reached into his jacket. He removed another spoon. It dinked off of Kuroto's head in turn. "Lwet mwe weat wit! Wy'm not wrtin' wanywon!"
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
"Wy can dwo dis all dway wong! Wy've gwot a wot of spwoons!"

"Interesting..." Shang Tsung mused aloud to no one in particular. Even so the information flooding his mind did nothing to stir him into action against his supposed foes. Instead he ducked and once again stepped behind the others.
"I know, right?" Glasses Arcade chirped. "I thought I'd be the first Arcade to die, but look at me. Last man standing. Goes to show that anything is possible. Guess this makes me the post powerful Arcade around, huh. Or at the very least, the luckiest. Not that I believe in luck... maybe I should start?" Glasses tossed the Mobster's still-cursing head to Shang with an underarm throw. "Either way, looks like it's up to me to punish you naughty little spies.... and oh boy... I've got a whole bunch of fucked-up ideas in mind!"
View attachment 9041
"This is going to be... spectacular! By Cota 3 gets underway, you're gonna wish that Mobsy was left in char--"

"Underway?" Forge muttered, his brow tense. "But the Croc seemed to think that CotA3 had already--"

"Interrupting!" Glasses shot a finger in Forge's direction. "You of all people should know how much my brothers and I loath interruptions, Mr. Forge! Now, whilst the other Arcades are preoccupied with their repairs, I'm going to call on their powers and---"

Forge clutched his face. He clawed at his jaw. Agony ravaged his body.
He had no mouth, and yet he longed to scream.

"--ensure that you don't interrupt anyone ever again! Oh... Oh this is glorious! Is this how the other Arcade felt? When he started his game? Oh baby... it's a rush. But don't worry, my dear older brothers, I am, after all, a wholesome soul! You shan't be left out of the picture! You too shall share in my glorious---"

"This has gotten old, Glasses..." SmArcade groaned, nursing his brow. "Arcades and Arenas... It's a tired! Overplayed! Fine a new scheme. Let someone else carry that torch--"

"Do you want to lose your mouth too, Asshole?"

"Goddess... I would not say 'no' to losing my ears about now..."

"Shut up! Just shut up! You got stabbed! Carny got his face caved in! Gramps is about as dead as they come and the Mobster is a talking head! I never get to have any fun! I'm deciding their fates! I get to pick what happens to them! And if I want another Battle Royal, I'm getting another Battle Royale!" Glasses growled, stomping like a child. "Any you're too busy bleeding out to stop me! You can punish the next load of spies! These guys? They're mine! Mine Mine Mine Mine---"
Glasses snapped his fingers. The sky before you started to tear. Reality began to bubble and tear. Two eye, and a nose and a mouth materialized before you. The jaw began to open wide, revealing an endless, black tunnel.
View attachment 9042
"Mine mine mine mine!! Now everyone steps inside, or someone dies." Glasses grinned. "It's as simple as that!"

"0ur friends... all 0f our dear friends... all here... all here t0 murder us!" Cyborg cowered, tapping his fingers together over and over and over. "If I had a heart, it would no d0ubt be br0ken..."

"Come on, Arcade. Pull yourself together..." SmArcade tutted as he heaved the Mobster's headless body onto his shoulder. "Oh, and please, be sure to pick up my insides, should they slip outside...."

"Come on! No dilly-dallying! Hup, two, three, four! Misery and madness wait for now man!"

TEAM OBLIVION

TEAM MEMBERS:
SHANG TSUNG// SHION// PHI// MOLLYMAUK TEALEAF// SUIGETSU HOZUKU// EEVIE FRYE// GODBRAND// AKUMA

TEAM PRUDENCE

TEAM MEMBERS:

NAMAE OUKA// YASHAMARU// DANIEL DIAZ// CHASE DAVENPORT// HANK HENSHAW// THE DOCTOR// JAMES R. RHODES// JANET VAN DYNE

TEAM NEXIUM

TEAM MEMBERS:

CIRI// SARUHIKO FUSHIMI// ZORA SALAZAR// EREN JAEGER// ALEXANDER ANDERSON// FORGE// ANDROID 17// THE ELEVEN

TEAM DEAD HEARTS

TEAM MEMBERS:

MARRIANE VON EDMUND// JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA// DAN KUROTO// AIZAWA SHOTA// MATO KUROI// CONNER KENT// THAAL SINESTRO// JACQUELINE FALSWORTH

Last edited:
--Kamen Rider Genm--
5x
Level 0
@Sark @TeamDarkHeart

". . ." Kuroto fell silent as the CarnivArcade started throwing spoons at the Rider. He let him get a few spoons bounce off of his helmet before using both his hands to try and strangle the Arcade. "ENOUGH! You're too noisy! Too annoying!!!" He groaned, and grumbled, shaking the Arcade's neck back and forth, repeatedly like some saturday morning cartoon villain.

That is, until suddenly the sky fucking broke.

"?!" The Black clad rider let go of CarnivArcade in shock, seeing the tear in reality itself, sporting a giant face of Arcade. "Grr...That is beyond insulting!" He growled, looking at the so called Hall of Destiny. "An uninspired Bootleg! Undeserving to be released!" He pointed at the giant face-door, practically leaving CarnivArcade alone for a second before turning back and attempted to drag him along. If unable, then oh well.

With a maniacal laugh, Kuroto didn't even bother waiting for Glass' instructions and foolishly rushed in, intending to wreak havoc inside of this so called bootleg.

Shang Tsung casually avoided the head that was thrown at him showing some surprising agility for a man of his age. "I see you strive to take control of the situation," He casually remarked to Glasses. "Despite the fact that we seem to share the same goals. What is a death among us really?" Unless it was his own. Of course.

He chuckled. "You wish to play a game then?" Shang Tsung started to make his way towards the opening. "I will be eager to see what your master has in store for us."

Hank Henshaw was not amused as his tendril slid back into his arm. "Games. Tricks. You are nothing. Hollow shells of a dead man." There was no point in dealing with the fodder but to reach their real target it seemed like they had to play along just a little. It wasn't often when Henshaw wasn't the one in control, and it infuriated him.

@Sark

JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA
@Sark @Yun Lee @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @TeamDeadHearts

“That man’s gonna get himself killed,” Josuke muttered under his breath at Dan, who he recognizes from his memory.

He turned to Marianne, someone else from his memory.

“Hey, are you alright? You looked pretty shaken up back there,”

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Minerva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @TeamNexium

“Wh-whut thuh...?” Zora exclaimed as SmArcade spat out her bullet and nothing about him seemed to get older.

She could have sworn that she imbued all of her bullets with Sundial. Either he was immune to the corrosion or they expected her in particular.

Either way, it was odd to see someone or something immune to her epithet.

Infuriated, the maw of malice that calls itself the “doorway to destiny” opened itself, and a few others stepped in.

Seeing no other option, she stepped in too.​

"Because, like this cake, some things need to be savored!" Carny grinned a messy, sticky grin. "Life, like you, is short. You've got to make the most of it. Same goes for death. Killing all the Arcades at once... man. That would be like opening all your presents at once on Christmas morning! A rush of blood to the head, sure, but nothing writing home about. It's the reasons spoons make better weapons that bombs. They're more personal. More intimate, yano?"

[TING]
"Now, I hate yo say 'I told you so'," Arcade mumbled, rolling something between his teeth. "Oh, who am I kidding? I'm loving this... Pfftwa!" He spat the wet bullet at Zora's feet and reached for his second drink. "I told you s--"

[SHHNK]

Arcade eyes drifted earthbound. He ran his finger through the great, gaping wound the now blemished his chest.
"That's another suit ruined... I should go find Headband Arcade once all this is over. I've been meaning to ask him for a splash-proof vest for some time."
He gulped down another mouthful of non-alcoholic liquor, not stopping to think about its taste. It fizzed out of the hole in his gut and trickled down his pants.
"Bollocks. Maybe I should add some splash-proof pants to that order. Does anyone have a paper towel? Or a regular towel? I think there's one behind the bar..." He took another sip. "You know what? Forget it. I'll just burn the jacket. It's been touched by peasant-hands. It's probably for the best. I mean, a true samurai would at least tried to fell me with a hyper-combo. I was talking to Purple Arcade about this the other day. You 'hero' types... You always revel in drama. Sure, it's more tense if you try to slice me in two... but it's always more efficient to go for the head. I expected more from you, old chum..."

Flames coursed across the machine-man's flesh, tearing it from his mechanical skull like a harvest is torn from a field. The Cyborg fell to his knees, clutching his rapidly thinning head.
[Loading Death-Howl.MP3]

"Full Fathom Five, Thy father lies;

"0f his b0nes are c0ral made;
"Th0se are pearls that were his eyes
"N0thing 0f him d0th fade!
"But d0th suffer a sea-change!
"Into something rich and strange!

"Sea-Nymphs hourly ring his knell--

The Cyborg caught his contemporary's tendril and plucked it from the air. He willingly jammed into his charring face. The last of the bulbs that had once illuminated his face popped and fizzled to black.

"Hark! Now I hear them-- Ding D0ng, Bell!"

[Downloading Memories.Exe]
[Decompressing...]
[Please wait...]
[Installation corrupted. Restarting]
[Please wait...]
[Installation complete. Please close this window.]

The Cyborg pulled the cord from its face. Slowly, its damaged flesh started to reform, just as Hanks own had done a dozen times before. His robotics started to regenerate. Soon, the Cyborg looked just as he had done prior to Hank's attack.

"He's w0rking for the 0ld City." Cybercade took a few large steps away from Henshaw. "0uka. Yash. Daniel. All 0f 0ur friends... they're all trying to kill us!"

[PPPFGGG]
The two grappled pierced the Mobster's chest. His expression quickly changed from amusement to disdain.
"You land of my planet, in my town, in my resort, huh? You start throwing ya weight around stabbing people? Ya starting throwing grapplin' hooks at people? Acting like the big man huh? In my city? In my fuckin---"
[SSSSHHHKKK!]
[BONK]
"Oh now ya beheading people, huh? Bet that makes ya feel real good, dunit, huh? Mr. Big Man beading people? Killing old men? Don't get got the balls ta look em in the eyes, huh? Piece a shit, cock swining coward shit licking motherfuck--"

"Alright, Big Cheese..." Glasses Arcade sighed, picking the Mobster's severed head up off of the floor and lodging it under his arm. The pressure from Glasses' wrist kept the Gangster's jaw shut. "Look at him... All worked up, poor thing..."

For a moment, Arcade stood stoic and still, his face pinned to Kuroto's fist. He slowly raised his right hand. A spoon dinked off of his opponent's helmet.
"Lwet mwe..." Carny mumbled, his face now compressed to the width of a coin. "Haw mwy cwake..." He reached into his jacket. He removed another spoon. It dinked off of Kuroto's head in turn. "Lwet mwe weat wit! Wy'm not wrtin' wanywon!"
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
Dink!
"Wy can dwo dis all dway wong! Wy've gwot a wot of spwoons!"

"I know, right?" Glasses Arcade chirped. "I thought I'd be the first Arcade to die, but look at me. Last man standing. Goes to show that anything is possible. Guess this makes me the post powerful Arcade around, huh. Or at the very least, the luckiest. Not that I believe in luck... maybe I should start?" Glasses tossed the Mobster's still-cursing head to Shang with an underarm throw. "Either way, looks like it's up to me to punish you naughty little spies.... and oh boy... I've got a whole bunch of fucked-up ideas in mind!"
View attachment 9041
"This is going to be... spectacular! By Cota 3 gets underway, you're gonna wish that Mobsy was left in char--"

"Underway?" Forge muttered, his brow tense. "But the Croc seemed to think that CotA3 had already--"

"Interrupting!" Glasses shot a finger in Forge's direction. "You of all people should know how much my brothers and I loath interruptions, Mr. Forge! Now, whilst the other Arcades are preoccupied with their repairs, I'm going to call on their powers and---"

Forge clutched his face. He clawed at his jaw. Agony ravaged his body.
He had no mouth, and yet he longed to scream.

"--ensure that you don't interrupt anyone ever again! Oh... Oh this is glorious! Is this how the other Arcade felt? When he started his game? Oh baby... it's a rush. But don't worry, my dear older brothers, I am, after all, a wholesome soul! You shan't be left out of the picture! You too shall share in my glorious---"

"This has gotten old, Glasses..." SmArcade groaned, nursing his brow. "Arcades and Arenas... It's a tired! Overplayed! Fine a new scheme. Let someone else carry that torch--"

"Do you want to lose your mouth too, Asshole?"

"Goddess... I would not say 'no' to losing my ears about now..."

"Shut up! Just shut up! You got stabbed! Carny got his face caved in! Gramps is about as dead as they come and the Mobster is a talking head! I never get to have any fun! I'm deciding their fates! I get to pick what happens to them! And if I want another Battle Royal, I'm getting another Battle Royale!" Glasses growled, stomping like a child. "Any you're too busy bleeding out to stop me! You can punish the next load of spies! These guys? They're mine! Mine Mine Mine Mine---"
CHAMPIONS OF THE ARENA III: CURSED COMPANY
CHAPTER 1: MEMORIES, MALICE AND MURDER, GLASSES' GAME
World 7.1: Murder City, Planet Malice, 20 Minutes since the Conclusion of CotA2

Glasses snapped his fingers. The sky before you started to tear. Reality began to bubble and tear. Two eye, and a nose and a mouth materialized before you. The jaw began to open wide, revealing an endless, black tunnel.
View attachment 9042
"Mine mine mine mine!! Now everyone steps inside, or someone dies." Glasses grinned. "It's as simple as that!"

"0ur friends... all 0f our dear friends... all here... all here t0 murder us!" Cyborg cowered, tapping his fingers together over and over and over. "If I had a heart, it would no d0ubt be br0ken..."

"Come on, Arcade. Pull yourself together..." SmArcade tutted as he heaved the Mobster's headless body onto his shoulder. "Oh, and please, be sure to pick up my insides, should they slip outside...."

"Come on! No dilly-dallying! Hup, two, three, four! Misery and madness wait for now man!"

TEAM OBLIVION

TEAM MEMBERS:

TEAM PRUDENCE

TEAM MEMBERS:

TEAM NEXIUM

TEAM MEMBERS:

TEAM DEAD HEARTS

TEAM MEMBERS:

"Hm, still talking as if nothing happened and not seeming to be in pain either. Interesting." Shion spoke up, blinking in surprise. Color him impressed, though he was curious about how that was possible as well. Now if only they had stayed dead instead.

One of the Arcades mentioned aiming for the head, causing the white haired young man to glance his way with a frown. Well, if one of them lost a head and could still talk, that only meant to destroy the brain somehow, didn't it?

@ Sark @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Space_Candy @TeamOblivion

Ouka watched quietly as the Arcades took the attacks and brushed them off without batting an eye, taking note of it yet stayed near Daniel. Though he paused a second, gaze landing on CyberArcade as something he said registered amongst the chaos.

"Friends?" He questioned, gazing at the robotic redhead. The Arcade that took over Prudence said something similar about them being friends didn't he? He never paid much attention to some of the nonsense leaving the man's mouth before, but...

His fingers twitched, but before he could act his eyes snapped to the glasses wearing Arcade as he went on a tangent, threatening the group. Deciding not to call their bluff right now, he focused elsewhere for the time being.

"Daniel, come on there's no use staying here." He spoke up as he turned his gaze to the younger.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Jeremi @TeamPrudence

". . ." Kuroto fell silent as the CarnivArcade started throwing spoons at the Rider. He let him get a few spoons bounce off of his helmet before using both his hands to try and strangle the Arcade. "ENOUGH! You're too noisy! Too annoying!!!" He groaned, and grumbled, shaking the Arcade's neck back and forth, repeatedly like some saturday morning cartoon villain.

That is, until suddenly the sky fucking broke.

"?!" The Black clad rider let go of CarnivArcade in shock, seeing the tear in reality itself, sporting a giant face of Arcade. "Grr...That is beyond insulting!" He growled, looking at the so called Hall of Destiny. "An uninspired Bootleg! Undeserving to be released!" He pointed at the giant face-door, practically leaving CarnivArcade alone for a second before turning back and attempted to drag him along. If unable, then oh well.

With a maniacal laugh, Kuroto didn't even bother waiting for Glass' instructions and foolishly rushed in, intending to wreak havoc inside of this so called bootleg.
"Annoying?" Carny cackled, placing his thumb between his lips. With a long, spluttering blow, his indented face reflated, just like the cartoon Dan feared him to be. "So I've been told! You're certainly not the first fella to call me that, amigo, and you're certainly not the yaaauuugg---"
Whatever Carny was trying to say was lost in a long, deep gulp as Dan started to drag the Arcade through the doorway. With an eager shout and a panicked gasp, the pair vanished into the Doorway to Destiny.

Shang Tsung casually avoided the head that was thrown at him showing some surprising agility for a man of his age. "I see you strive to take control of the situation," He casually remarked to Glasses. "Despite the fact that we seem to share the same goals. What is a death among us really?" Unless it was his own. Of course.

He chuckled. "You wish to play a game then?" Shang Tsung started to make his way towards the opening. "I will be eager to see what your master has in store for us."
"In a word? Death between us would be 'fun'," Glasses shrugged, picking the Mobster's head up off of the floor and dusting the gravel from his scalp. "'Just', maybe. 'Entertaining', I hope. But first and foremost, it shall be 'fun'." The Arcade presented Shang with a exaggerated, mocking bow as the old man stepped through his doorway. "Right this way, sir..."
Hank Henshaw was not amused as his tendril slid back into his arm. "Games. Tricks. You are nothing. Hollow shells of a dead man." There was no point in dealing with the fodder but to reach their real target it seemed like they had to play along just a little. It wasn't often when Henshaw wasn't the one in control, and it infuriated him.
"Shells? H0ll0w... Shells..." The Cyborg repeated to himself. "Is he saying that I'm n0t... I am... I am alive, aren't I, Glasses?"
"Oh Goddess... this again?" Glasses groaned, ushering the pair through the Door. "You're alive. Sure. Whatever. Do you feel better now?"
"N0t really... I just... I d0n't think y0u mean it..." The Cyborg whimpered. "I d0n't think y0u've meant it in years..."
"Just... Just shut up and go through the door... We can talk about this later."
"I d0n't want to talk about this later! I want t0 talk ab0ut it n---"
With a push, the two cyborgs feel into the doorway's jaws.
"Hm, still talking as if nothing happened and not seeming to be in pain either. Interesting." Shion spoke up, blinking in surprise. Color him impressed, though he was curious about how that was possible as well. Now if only they had stayed dead instead.

One of the Arcades mentioned aiming for the head, causing the white haired young man to glance his way with a frown. Well, if one of them lost a head and could still talk, that only meant to destroy the brain somehow, didn't it?
"Interesting, no?" SmArcade chirped, pulling his cummerbund up over his wound. "Should you, too, die and burn in hell for an eternity and a half, I'm sure that pain will phase you as little as it does we. Death is a curious thing, dear friends. I'm sure that Glasses will happily give you a detailed demonstration of the phenomena. Take my advice. Stay on his good side. He lacks my.... patience."
Seeing no other option, she stepped in too.
"Daniel, come on there's no use staying here." He spoke up as he turned his gaze to the younger.
DOORWAY TO DESTINY
The doorway's jaws slammed shut behind you. For a moment, there was naught but darkness. Then, a flash--
View attachment 9045
"HO HO HO HO HO!"
The mechanical clown that raised the disk upon which you stood cackled and rocked. Stage bulbs showered to plateau with a warm glow. Applause drowned out your thoughts. Cheering silenced your cries of confusion.
Arcades. Thousands of them. Each as excited as the next. Eager grins and waving fists covered your every flank. Pirate Arcade. Lawyer Arcade. Clown Arcade. Businessman Arcade. Janitor Arcade. Knight Arcade. Parrot Arcade. They came in ever shape and size imaginable. Although no two demons looked the same, they each shared the same, sadistic look in their eyes.
The Clown belched up a few more souls. They were distinctively Non-Arcade looking. With every passing second, they looked increasingly familiar. These strange men and women- these clowns and conscripts- they were your team mates. A memory stirred.
TEAM OBLIVION
View attachment 9047
"Thank you all for coming..." K dabbed the corners of his mouth with his napkin. "I trust that you all had a safe journey? I understand that OBLIVION's trans-dimensional-teleporters can experience a little turbulence from time to--"
View attachment 9048
"Fuck this!" Godbrand gurgled, running his tongue along his bladed teeth. "Fuck all this 'dinner with the devil' bullshit. The shit do you want with us, Birdman?"
"You know full-well what I want from you Godbrand," K muttered, not phased by the Vampire's lack of compliance. He picked up a strip of left overstake from his plate and fed it to eagle that had made itself at home upon his shoulder. "You 'invitations' made my intentions very clear. I take it that you read yours, Vampire? You are still capable of reading, aren't you?"
"Fuck you!" Godbrands chair fell back. He stepped away from the table and strutted towards the dining room door. "Fuck! This!"
"Sit down, Godbrand."
"Fuck off."
"Sit down, or else I'll have no choice but to divulge what a certain vampire did to his 'Master."
"You..." Godbrand froze in the doorway. "You're bluffing."
"I'm sure the rest of your clan would love find out exactly what they're running from." K didn't turn to face Godbrand. He kept his eyes fixed upon the window, stoic and still. "I wonder how many of them will stay loyal to you when they find out that Dracula has--"
"That information... it won't be leaving this room..." Godbrand quietly picked up his chair and sat back down. "It won't be..."
"Of course it won't..." K cooed condescendingly. "We're all friends here, are we not? Unwittingly, of course... and only for the time being. That said, I suspect we will all be quite chummy by the time your training is done. It will be rigorous. It will be tiring. It will be Hell... but you can't exactly say 'no', now can you? Once you've finished with your meals, meet me downstairs. There's something I'd like to show you..."

Memory Concluded.
TEAM NEXIUM/ DEAD HEARTS / TEAM PRUDENCE
View attachment 9049
[PRISONERS 138, PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR NEAREST GUARD-DRONE. YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES TO COMPLY. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN YOUR IMMEDIATE ERADICATION]
View attachment 9051
"You can't keep doing this!" Conner growled, slamming his fist against his lunch table. His eyes burned in the direction of the nearest Warden-Drone "How many more of us are you gonna take? You can't keep this up forever!"
View attachment 9052
"You're wasting you breath, child..." Thaal mumbled, writhing his dry, scarred hands together over and over. "This is a Private Prison. The Wardens aren't programmed to talk to us. Fraternizing with the captives would be a waste of time and money. It would defeat the purpose of using machines." He groaned matter-of-factly. "Now pipe down... You're shouting...It's giving me a migraine..."

"So what do we do then?!" Conner exclaimed, striking the table again. "Do we just wait here for the rest of our lives? Waiting for our numbers to get called? Waiting to be dragged off to God Knows Where?"

"For starters, we quiet down." Sinestro hissed weakly. "For starters, you're going to stop smacking the damn table. Without your powers, you're liable to break your wrists. Have you stopped to think about what they're going to do to the prisoners who can't complete their tasks? Who can't work on the company's behalf? Tending to your wounds would be expensive, Kryptonian. They'd probably put you down like the old family dog. Perk up. I hear we're getting fed tonight... makes a change..."

[PRISONERS 138, PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR NEAREST GUARD-DRONE. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN YOUR IMMEDIATE ERADICATION]

"Prisoner 138..." Conner muttered to himself, the Warden's voice interrupting his coming retort. "Do we know a 138?"

"We haven't exactly fraternized with him much. He spends most of his time with 137." Sinestro slowly opened his eyes. "NEXIUM has decided to break up the Diaz brothers... The younger stays, but the older..."
"Oh... shit... they're trying to take Sean Diaz..."

Memory Concluded.
MARIANNE
View attachment 9050
"The incision has been made on the subject 2E's neck... removing the infecting body now. Condition stabilizing. Clear signs of infection remain. Injecting antibiotic agent... No... There's no change. The Disease is... it's adapting to the antibiotic. It's... it's adapting faster than anything I've seen... What's the status on subject 2F? Asian Male, 20?"
"Unresponsive, Doctor..."
"Then leave him. The odds were never in his favor. We need to focus on 2E. We're not losing both of them. We can't. Prepare a compete system flush... and someone remove that corpse from my operating theatre!"

Memory Concluded.
"They're wakin' up! I can confirm! They are wakin' up!" Espcade stepped away from the Conscripts, his ghostly hands raised in mock surrender. "Shock can do crazy things to a guy, but all of you passing out at the sight of us? All at the same time?"
View attachment 9053
"That shit was kinda weird, man!"
"Don't worry, Spirit..." Glasses walked straight through his 'brother'. "That's only the start of today's weird shit. Were you successful?"
"Oh! Yeah, I did." The ghost scoffed. "These guys have like no psychic defenses. I was able to pluck the information you wanted riiiight outta their heads. These guys--"
He pointed at Marianne, Josuke, Dan, Shota, Mato, Conner, Thaal and Jacqueline, all of whom were inexplicably standing in a small group.
"They've been sponsored by the Dead Hearts. Remember all those people Arcade let die at the end of the last Arena?"
"Good times..."
"Yeah, they've blackmailed that merry band into trying to kill us. And oh, boy... is there collateral interesting..."
The ghost's finger bounced from Ciri to Fushimi to Zora to Eren to Anderson to Forge to 17 to the Eleven.
"These guys, on the other hand, are Ex-Cons. They've been released on bail to come and, you guessed it, kill us. Catch is, if they don't kill us by the end of the week, they're getting chopped up for medical science... either that or they're just going to get thrown into a deep dark hole. That part of the vision got a little... blurry. Still. Either punishment serves them right. They're bad dudes."
"And the others?"
"Oh, these guys?"
He pointed at Shang, Shion, Phi, Mollymauk, Suigetsu, Eevie, Godbrand and Akuma.
"One word. OBLVION. Here's another word. Blackmail. Here's another word. Beaver. Last one's not really relevant, I just like working in 3s. Can you guess why they're here?"
"To murder us?"
"BINGO!"
"And the others?"
"The others?"
"Yeah, our old friends, plus the Robot, the Pensioner and the Bug-Lady?"
"Dunno."
"You 'dunno'?"
"I thought I didn't need to search their memories! I thought the Cyborg had them covered!"
"Have you asked him what he saw in their heads?"
"Have you?"
Glasses sighed deeply. He took of his glasses and unleashed a long, drawn out groan.
"Fine. We'll call them Team Question-Mark or some shit. Everyone else will be group up based on their 'Masters'... Damn cowards. We'll ask Cybercade what he knows later... if he ever stops fucking crying. Did even know that androids could cry, but hey. The more you know."
The Master of the Arena pivoted to face his captive audience, his trademark grin slowly returning to his lips.
"Sorry about that. Gotta cross the Is and dot the Ts. Are you all ready now? Any last requests? Any next of kin you'd like me to notify?"
View attachment 9054
"Or can we go ahead and started? We might as well skip the trial and jump straight to your Death-Match Punishment... I mean, it's not like there's a fair jury around, on account on everyone for thousands of miles being... well... me!"

TEAM OBLIVION

TEAM MEMBERS:

TEAM PRUDENCE

TEAM MEMBERS:

TEAM NEXIUM

TEAM MEMBERS:

TEAM DEAD HEARTS

TEAM MEMBERS:

Shang Tsung did not look impressed. What had been offered for him to ever think this had been a good idea? He did his best to seize up the situation. There had to be some form of opening for him here.

"Quiet," Henshaw replied brusquely to the Arcade. "If you are going to kill us. Then do it." A clown like him was not the one who would finally end Henshaw's life. His attempt however would be...amusing.

@Sark

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Minerva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

View attachment 9055

“...”

Zora could only look on in utter contempt and confusion. What was that? Where was that? It was a prison, that’s all she knew.

But why were people like Danny in there? He was a little boy!

All she could do was grumble at the death match game

JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA
@Sark @Yun Lee @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies

Josuke stood like a deer in the headlights.

He doesn't want to die, nobody wants to die. He doesn't even know who he is!​

"Quiet," Henshaw replied brusquely to the Arcade. "If you are going to kill us. Then do it." A clown like him was not the one who would finally end Henshaw's life. His attempt however would be...amusing.
"Kill you?" Arcade cackled, a hand clutching his stomach. "Oh, no, I'm not going to do that!" Glasses appeared behind the Cyborg and presented him with a soft, rhythmic, highly condescending massage. "You see, Hank, on Planet Malice? Arcade is the Top-Dog. His Word is Law. His Will is Reality. Down here? We're unmatched. We get to be a decadent as we like, and no-one gets to say nothin'." He leaned in close. Hank and Hank alone could feel the Madman's breath on his cheek. "We're not going to kill you, Hank, because that would be boring.
" We're not going to kill you because none of us would get any satisfaction out of watching you squirm like a fish in a flaming barrel.
"No.
"We're going to set you free.
"We're going to give you a fighting chance.
"Why?

"Because there's nothing more glorious than the spectacular fizzle of a moral spirit robbed of all dignity.
"Because there's no sight more beautiful than a man's eyes as the last few, bitter drops of hope are squeezed from them by someone he once called friends.
"We're going to torment you.
"We're going to torture you.
"We're going to make you angry. Heartbroken. Desperate.
"By the time my game is done?
"You'll kill each other without question.
"Without thought.
"Without reason.
"You'll all be corrupted.
"Broken.
"Ruined.
"Then,
"And only then,
"We will allow you to die...
"All of you...
"Well...
"All but one, that is...

Arcade released Henshaw's shoulders with a extravagant, dramatic push. He span around on the spot, his index finger raised high.
"That's right, ladies and gentlemen! You heard me correctly! Not all shall fall in the service of my whims! Oh no!" A grim trickled across his lips. "Oh no. The Team that lives to see this week's end? The Team that brutalizes the competition? The Team most willing to pulverize, mutilate and murderize their fellow pawns? Oh... they shall be rewarded!!!"

"Yes! A prize beyond imagination awaits you at this week's end! The greatest killers among you shall have their Greatest Wish Granted by Army of Arcades... and they'll also win a lovely dinner date with yours truly. I'm sure that you Masters back home have promised you glorious things too, no? They've promised to burry your secrets? Free your friends? Clean your slates? I'm sure you're all spoiled for incentives!"

"So kiss you moral conundrums goodbye, my dears! Leave your compasses at the door! A week of misery, agony and suffering awaits you!"

Arcade stretched out his hand. A long, silver leaver extended out of the floor and nestled in the palm of his hand.

"Welcome to Murderworld Tour, Bitches! First Stop: New Pride City! Planet Albion!"

[CRANK!]

CHAMPIONS OF THE ARENA III: CURSED COMPANY
CHAPTER 1: FLAGFALL
[World 3.1: New Pride City, Planet Albion]
Falling.
Failing.
Falling.
Clouds rushed by you. The wind howled. The scries screamed. The taste of smog and ash burned your tongue. Hard to breathe. Hard to think. Hard to--
Crack!
You struck the Earth. Your head was spinning. Hard to tell where... When... Was that...?
A horse shoe narrowly avoided your skull. Another one stamped down beside your ear. A great, wheel hurtled towards you. A hand yanked you out of the street before--
"Oi! Move it! Damn Vagabonds! Go back to New Paris, freaks! We don't want your kind in Pride! Ya hear me?" The driver whipped his horse twice more, and trundled across the cobblestone street towards New Buckingham. "Go back to New Paris you alien tossers!!"
View attachment 9062
Welcome to New Pride City. Welcome to the overworld.
Carriages and carts swarmed you like seagulls swarm chips. Every step you took, you risked a very painful, a bitter pill which would no doubt be washed down by another sour dose of xenophobia from some of the locals. You reached for your weapons. Bullocks. Where were they? Your holsters. Your satchels. They were all gone. You clothes and costumes were... different, than before. Sponsorship patches and tacky company logos had been stitched onto every free patch of fabric. It was now all too easy to tell which Conscript belonged to which brand.... ahem... which team everyone belonged to.
You looked up. There they were. Your tools. They were sitting in the heart of the fountain in the center of the street. If you wanted them back, it looked like you were going to have to swim through a sea of horses and carriages and, of course, the superpowers conscripts who wanted your head mounted upon a spike.
The streets were smoggy and cluttered. If you wanted a better lay of the land, you were going to need to fall back, climb to some high ground, and survey the situation from there. That said... everyone you could possibly want to kill was standing right in front of you... There was nothing stopping you from getting the party started here and now...
"So..." Godbrand tutted. "Let me get this staight. Arcade isn't dead, I'm not making a boat out of his corpse, Akuma vanished the moment we arrived, I don't have my swords and I'm stuck babysitting a band of mortal children. The bird man trained us for this, but none of us can remember our training for some bizarre fucking reason. In short, I'm fucked. You're fucked. We're all fucked." He plucked upon the hairs on his chin and slowly strode into the path of the some oncoming carriages. "Oh, I almost forget. The Smog Coverage is the only thing that's stopping me from unwittingly transforming into a masculine pile of dust. Did I get everything? Have I ticked every box on the 'we're fucking fucked' list? No? Good. Now, if you'd excuse me..." Godbrand continued to dance between carriages on his way towards the weapons fountain. "I'm going to go eat a human..."
View attachment 9064
"Damnit, Godbrand! Get back here!" Evie exclaimed, reaching out to the Nightcreature. He efforts were wasted. Her please fell on deaf ears. The vampire continued to march headstrong into the midday traffic, avoiding Evie's grasp by centimeters and seconds. "We need to think this through! We need to stick together! We need a plan!"

"Don't go forgetting it. We know what you did. Play the game. Win. Kill Arcade, or the world finds out. It's as simple as that... Start killing, or the rumors will grow..."

SHANG TSUNG// SHION// PHI// MOLLYMAUK TEALEAF// SUIGETSU HOZUKU// EVIE FRYE// GODBRAND// AKUMA

"Never thought it'd turn out like this..." 17 bit his lip and sighed deeply. "Thought today would involve more 'killing Arcade' and less 'going to London'. Guess beggars can't be choosers..." The Android cracked his neck, knuckles and wrists in turn. "So what's it gonna be, kids?"
View attachment 9066
"Someone hit me with a plan in the next 30 seconds, or I'm going out alone."
View attachment 9065
"Running away?" The Eleven chirped, speaking the voice a man half his age. "Of course you would run away... Hmm... What's wrong? Late for an appointment at the Salon? Getting your roots colored today, are you? Hm? Oh... I smell a cow-ard! Cow-ard!"

"..."
Forge mumbled some stern retort.

"Sage advice from the lip-cripple! Oh mighty mute, be a dear and share some more 'wisdom' with, your loyal followers!" The Eleven spat. "What was that? A boy has fallen down a well? A well has fallen down a boy? What was that, scruffy? You're a dead weight who's going to drag the rest of the team down? That's what I thought!"

"You're fighting for your freedom. Don't forget it. If you guys don't win the game... If Arcade make it out of this alive... We all better start prayin' for quick ends. Play to win, guys... Play to win..."

"I'm done here." The Yellow Lantern scoffed. "I doubt Conner here owns anything more than the shirt on his back."
View attachment 9068
"That just leaves the rest of you. You--" He waggled his finger towards Spitfire. "--Name."
View attachment 9067
"Jackie." She replied bluntly. "Call me 'Jackie'. And no, I don't have any gear. So can just--"
"--We can't go." Conner interjected, throwing caution to the wind and leaping into the fray. "Not yet."
View attachment 9069
"Leave me if you gotta, I ain't leaving it behind!"
"You're going to get yourself killed, child!"
"Don't care! There's something of mine in that fountain... something special! And I ain't leaving it behind!

"Don't forget our 'deal', 'friends'. The Dead Hearts get what the Dead Hearts want. Play the game. Play to win... or else you collateral might... just... vanish..."

"One, two, three, four, f--" The Doctor stopped himself mid-word. His hands drifted to his lapels. His mouth slipped agape. "Oh my, we are in a pickle, no aren't we, hm? It appears as if we're two men down... Lost in the fray, no doubt. They've chosen their paths. We must now chose ours." The callous old man synced his watch with that of a nearby clock tower, ceasing his brief search for their two missing members. "Curious... we've lost a few minutes on arrival. Needless to say, we're in a different time-zone... Dare I say, a different planet? Ever been to one of those before, hm? A different planet? A different world? This is new experience for some of you, do doubt! Ha! Well, drink it up, my dears." He smiled warmly, setting his watch aside.
"Though... this is hardly the finest alien world I have visited... oh, and it's hardly the most friendly... But the sight of two suns in the sky is something to behold! You're a long way away from Earth now, dear humans! As much as I'd love to explore this place with whimsy and leisure, I fear that retreat must be today's watchword. Come!" He pointed to a shaded alley a few blocks down the way. "To shelter!"

"I know what you did... I know of yours sins... Fight, or whole word finds out... Fight to win... Kill Arcade, no matter the cost..."

RAMUDA AMEMURA// YASHAMARU// DANIEL DIAZ// CHASE DAVENPORT// HANK HENSHAW// THE DOCTOR// JAMES R. RHODES// JANET VAN DYNE
***​

Last edited:
Daniel followed the Doctor silently, though on the inside he was broiling. He was tired of these endless, horrible games. These were not fun games at all. They were bad games. Very bad games. They had made Daniel do a very bad thing. Maybe even a lot more than that if he understood all that had happened so far. What he knew for sure was that he killed a version of Arcade. Even if he was supposed to do that, he just knew Sean would be really upset with him.

Sean...

Where was Sean? What had that vision meant? Whatever it was, Daniel remembered something about him and Sean being separated. Had they found each other again and Daniel didn't remember?

"I need to find my brother!" Daniel blurted out to the Doctor and the others. "Sean Diaz! I need to find him! He has to be around here!"

@Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @TeamPrudence

This was still all bullshit to Phi. Still, with so little information, there was no point in running herself ragged.

"A plan?" Phi questioned. She didn't really care where this Godbrand guy went. "Right. We need to figure out where we are. Ask the locals. Gotta be a map around here too."

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy @TeamOblivion

"The girl seems to have some sense," Shang Tsung remarked. "Unlike some of us." The words were loud enough for Godbrand to hear them. "Survey the area and know where we stand. If this is an Arcade game, however..." He smirked and stroked his beard. "I'll have to assume the locals will not be friendly. He strikes me as an individual who stacks the chances to the house rather than his patrons. Best to ere on the side of caution."

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy @TeamOblivion

PIa4L20.png

"Your brother is of little consequence," Henshaw replied brusquely. "Only the death of Arcade matters." He had decided to not fly. Better to not stir the populace. Instead, he'd focus his X-Ray vision towards where the Doctor was leading them. Henshaw hated surprises and he was sure Arcade had stored some of them in this place.

@Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @TeamPrudence​

Alright, that's bad. Without his gear, Eren was practically defenseless, like a bird whose had their wings clipped off. If this is what they have to do in order to kill Arcade in the end, so be it. As long as no one learned about what happened here, should he be able to return home after this...

❝ Don't know what you're all planning, but I need my equipment back. Whoever wants to join after me, you can. Just... make sure there's some space in-between us is all. ❞ He made his intentions clear, raising his hand near his face once more. Without much else to share with the supposed team he's been placed in, Eren ran straight for the fountain that held just about everyone's belongings in it. Of course, getting there normally from sprinting alone wasn't as easy as he thought it out to be. One had to be extremely lucky to get to the fountain untouched, and the same went for the inevitable trip out of the fountain area.

So, that just meant one thing for him.

I'll just tear my way through the enemy!! His course of action firm and clear in his head, Eren forcefully bit onto his raised thumb to even draw blood from it, right as he was a good ways into the crowded mess of horses and carriages on the street. Moments after his act of self-injury...

6dJy.gif

... a sudden surge of electricity erupted from Eren's body, soon followed by a thunderous explosion which spread smoke and debris all over. Once the explosion ceased to be and a moment of silence stagnated from where Eren once stood, a low... seething growl resounded from the spreading smoke, something was moving amidst the smoke and dust surrounding it... like something that was much taller than any average human was beginning to stand up. Once the smoke was mostly cleared out by time alone...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f38516d437256346f585a647437513d3d2d3734353632363239392e313561383939336134386238363761313531313632333530373838342e676966

... a towering humanoid creature stood in Eren's place, its height being about 15 meters from guessing measurement. Going by the loose resemblance to the hot-headed Eren by appearance, it was an educated guess to make that this was... Eren somehow. To his knowledge alone, this was his transformed Titan form, and he was sure enough to make use of it now.

His eyes focused on the fountain shortly ahead, then at the messy street in-between him and the desired destination. Just like he told himself, he was going to tear straight through the enemy. The enemy currently being everyone in his way. Simple as that.

Letting out a furious roar, Eren had his Titan body rear a leg back before aiming to punt a carriage unfortunate enough to be directly in his path. To any set of eyes witnessing this, it was extremely obvious that the fountain was the transformed Eren's destination, so it was fair to assume that he retained his own intelligence in this transformed body of his.

@Sark @Minerva @Ver @Capri @Crunch
@TeamNEXIUM

Mato's heart pounded with absolute frantic terror. This was too much. This opening... it felt like there was literally nowhere safe to be. The high schooler seemed to be frozen in place once they were practically let loose to a city environment that wished them all dead. However, she realized that someone in their assigned team was going out there alone. Just like another in their group said, Conner was sure to get himself killed.

The safest bet to live, it was to flee with the rest of her group.

But Conner had something he needed to have with him.

So, Mato made up her mind, as much as she wanted to avoid death quite literally.

❝ S-sorry, but I'm going to protect him! I can't let someone get hurt like this! ❞ She quickly voiced an apology to her team before running after Conner. A faint blue aura began to build up from her left eye like before.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Capri @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy
@TeamDeadHearts

JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA
@Sark @Yun Lee @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 9071

“My... name?” Josuke spoke, as if he was genuinely confused by the question Sinestro posed

“It’s... complicated... but you can call me Josuke... like nearly everyone else does...”

Conner and Mato ran off, and Josuke followed them.

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Minerva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

View attachment 9070

“Ahm nawt any use wit’out mah time guns, so it’d prolly be bes’ i-”

BOOM

Eren turned himself into a titan. We’ll call him Titan Eren, funniest shit ever.

View attachment 9072

“Dat idiot’s gonna git us all killed... nawt jus’ thuh enemy teams, but us too,” Zora angrily muttered.​

View attachment 9073

"Well, looks like that's our plan. We let him clear the path for us," Fushimi remarked to Android 17 with a droll chuckle, gesturing toward the rampaging Titan. He had to admit, he certainly did not expect Eren to transform into a hulking beast like that, but hey, in his day he'd seen his fair share of bizarre as it was, even without the dimension hopping battle royale here.

From there, he glanced over at Zora briefly. "If someone dies, it is what it is. Less work for me, honestly," he shrugged outwardly, quite serious despite his consistently lackadaisical mien. After all, school was where you learned "group work" involved letting one person do all the work, so if someone wanted to take those reigns, they were free to do so. But in the meantime...

"In any case, just come on already so we can get our gear. Unless you want to stay useless, miss," he goaded to Zora, a taunting smirk tugging at the corners of his lips before he was off, following behind Eren to reach the fountain as well!

@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Minerva @Crunch @TeamNEXIUM

Back