Akashic Arcana CHAPTER I - Genesis || The Combat Examination - The Fate Of Team Icarus - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aer Shiana

While the other teams of First-Years were still just beginning their combat exams, the unfortunate Team Icarus was already rendered unable to continue. The cityscape that the arena was set in was utterly demolished, with the bodies of the students scattered everywhere, covered in various burn marks that left them all in severe condition.

Amatsu Akishino, the Vice President of the Student Council, had been assigned the largest group of First-Years, roughly one hundred of them, to proctor their combat exam. The poor unfortunate souls had no idea what was in store for them. With his Levitation spell still active, he hovered arrogantly above the center of them all, without so much as a speck of dust on his entire body.

He chuckled in his usual smug manner, "So many applicants, and still absolutely no challenge." He sighed, and looked over to the opening portals as medical staff started to pour in to collect the fallen students. The chief medical staff, an elderly woman approached Amatsu and beckoned for his attention. Landing elegantly in front of her, the dark-haired mage shrugged "I held back as best I could. I can't help that they're all so weak." He cast a glance at several students.

The doctor shook her head, sighing "The same thing every year. At least this time, it looks like none of them will die. So that's something."

"If they die, they die," Amatsu sneered. "If these so-called mages are so weak and fragile, then this world is simply better off without such trash."

The doctor glared at him, though she knew nothing could be done about it. The Akishino were a very powerful and influential family, and practically couldn't be touched by legal matters. Even if the Academy's superiors cared about the well-being of their students.

"If that's all, I think I'll see if any of the other First-Years are any better. Though, I doubt it." With that, Amatsu flew off, disappearing into the arena's exit portal. Once back in the lobby for the Proctors, he looked up at the various screens that showed each of the combat examinations taking place. His attention was caught by Team Lunaris, where it was just shown one of the students nearly killing the another. "Oh? Now this looks interesting."

Looking closer at the screen for Team Lunaris, he would recognize a face, one that the dear Disciplinary Captain had dealt with before. Amatsu couldn't help but laugh "Now this is entertainment. But what in the world is that girl doing with those mongrels? She's not a First-Year. What are you up to, Orange Prince?" With his interest piqued greatly, Amatsu would certainly pay close attention to the fight between Team Lunaris and the Disciplinary Squad. "Amuse me.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back