Akashic Arcana CHAPTER I - Genesis || The Entrance Exam - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby stood among the second year students, many of them shifted and tried to move away from her as if she was a leper, she didn't seem to acknowledge them. No, she definitely didn't acknowledge them at all. Ruby was too busy glaring hate-filled daggers at that damned Homunculus's little act. 'A Hypnosis Spell? Really? Definitely effective, yet like always she has poor taste. But then again, that would imply she had any to begin with.' It really was a pathetic show of dominance, sure she could claim that it was all part of the test but that ass-licking grin told Ruby otherwise. Even if artificial it seemed she couldn't help but toot her own horn, as it were.

Next was the spirits... She hated dead things, even if those spirits were just the manifestations of negative energy that was born of the more darker mind. Shaking her head not wildly but just enough to have her not think about.... Them. Yet those screams made it harder for her to resist. "Stop it." She whispered to herself, along with a small chant. It was an emotional and mental fortification spell usually used by some mystical psychiatrists to keep their patient calm and keep her emotions in line. The spell that was practically invisible to all eyes, washing over her like warm bath water soon nither the nefarious spectators nor the screams made her flinch, the only problem with this spell was that Ruby tended to. Overuse It. Not only overuse but one could say that she often overcharged it by her own will, the result was despite it keeping her from have an emotional outburst and acting as sort of a mental shield. When it wore off, she started to feel the emotions she repressed come rushing in like a tsunami.

After making sure no one saw her perform that particular spell. 'All still too scared to even look at me. Good. The last thing I need is someone either sticking their nose were it docent belong, or shark smelling fake blood in the water... The hell?' The mental whiplash of seeing a first-year student, bypassing the 'security', along with the student council members. And.... Hugging the president? A bemused look crossed her face lifting her eyebrow in both confusion and a bit of intrigue. to her surprise again Vikki actually didn't try to make an example out of that girl, some part of Ruby was relieved though she didn't know why. 'Are they sisters? No, she's defiantly human and looks nothing like that the president. They could be childhood friends but that seems unlikely too, and hey. Isn't she that girl that was with Mr' mohawk? looks to be Brittania so why?' She puzzled and puzzled until she couldn't anymore. 'Aw screw it. Not like it's that important, I need to focus on my plans for this semester not worry about some girl who's pen-pals with a marionette pretending to be human.'

The announcement for the first year Examination test came. Finally, she didn't have to sit here and suffer this boring show any longer. Tired and wanting to take a small nap. Pushing or more accurately the crowd trying to avoid contact with her, she didn't complain, it made it easier to get to the front she didn't want to stop for anything.... Yet when the Scorcher got to the end of the line, her eyes almost lit up and her body was as still as stone like she had seen a ghost. In a sense she did. A tall figure looking as if the gods themselves had crafted his form, his shoulders were broad and strong, his arms looked as if they would explode if he moved them in the right way, his Dark hair almost seeming to shine off the light of the sun. 'Christian....' Her cheeks puffed and the lines of her face grew warmer, feeling returning to her body as she stomped off prying her eyes off him. Yet despite the rather angry bitter look on her face. Her chest couldn't stop pounding.

Last edited:
Almost immediately upon her curious touch, Artoria regretted her decision. The spirit took the form of a decaying figure; specifically of her dying father. "Wh- what..?" She took a step back from the visage, which thankfully vanished with a powerful incantation that resonated throughout the room. The Princess' gaze wandered over towards the Disciplinary Captain, who seemed to have command over the wraith that had attempted to torment her. Their eyes lingered upon one another for some time before Viktoriya gave her speech and led everyone inside.

Artoria's confidence from earlier vanished quickly. The written exam covered a LOT of material that she never learned during her training back home. Nevertheless, she didn't let her smile drop. Even though her eyes betrayed the soul-crushing defeat she felt inside that grew the more she went through the test. The only questions she was able to answer were those pertaining to the most basic of knowledge and the magic and history of her own nation. The only thing that gave her hope was remembering the mention of a combat portion of the entrance exam. At least she can redeem herself there.

She couldn't even look the proctor in the eye when she received her grade.

Final Score: 25
Abysmal

Xena:

Having just been completely embarrassed by her own rash judgments, Xena couldn't help but stare at the floor in embarrassment. She could hear a few of the second year students whispering, they knew her reputation and obviously weren't expecting this show of emotion. Well they could all go to hell, she only cared about what one person thought, but she couldn't even apologize before Vikki announced that the students were moving on to the written exam.

She caught up with Viktoriya after the freshmen had begun. "Vikki, I'm sorry about earlier. I jumped to conclusions way too fast. If that little one in there is your sister, then I look forward to meeting her." Her face sheepish, she looked into the president's silver eyes, begging with her own blue ones for forgiveness.

Masego:

Meanwhile in the written exam room, Masego was scratching a bald part of his head. He was never the most book smart man, he'd admit that to anyone, so when it came to answering all of these questions, his face paled. There were a few subjects he was able to excel on. Due to his journeys throughout Haven, he'd developed a thorough understanding of the Voodoo arts, as well as a firm grasp on the core of magic itself.

This knowledge, combined with some dumb luck in other aspects managed to grant him a final score of 58. Just barely enough to pass the written exam. Thanking his lucky spirits, he quickly moved on to the combat exam, the one he was most looking forward too.

Christian felt uneasy as the girl's- and his own gaze connected; his heartbeat fastened for a second, causing his blood to rush towards his cheeks. "I'm sorry..." He mouthed unobtrusively; hoping that only she noticed it. He felt bad for allowing a Evil Spirit to terrorize a student. No, a child, still. He then took on his previous stance; his hands carefully folded behind his back and his gaze floating over the mass of students.

Christian too, listened to Viktoriya's speech; all the while forcing a smile on his face. He stood there; retaining his stature as Viktoriya walked away and the many students followed her. He slowly pulled up his personal device; thin and lightweight, perfectly white and adorned with silver sidings. The Dutch royal family's emblem was engraved into the backside of the see-through crystal, which was surprisingly clear and of astonishing quality. He flicked it on; causing a white display to materialize above the flat screen comprised of see-through crystal. It showed the portrait of a girl and a summary next to the portrait. Big red letters spelling the word; 'DETAINMENT' were floating above the portrait. Christian couldn't help but sigh; he knew this student and realized he was going to have his hands full with her.

'Always looking for trouble, huh?' He thought, a somewhat annoyed expression on his face, which grew to annoyance when he saw the reason of him having to arrest the girl; 'assault'.

'Really, Amanda? Assault?' He thought and sighed whilst keeping the portrait up; scanning the rows of students that were following Viktoriya for the one he was looking for; Amanda Kay, known to everyone but the Academy's leadership as 'Ruby' and the more nefarious name; 'Scorcher'.

When Christian saw her deep red hair and black clothing he sighed and grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the stream of students that were all on their way to the combat examination.

"I'm simply going to assume you have a proper reason for the charge of 'Assault'-" He showed her her portrait and the charge of Assault as he spoke. "-behind your name, Ruby." He said the latter with annoyance in his voice; however honoring their agreement on not using her real name. He looked at her; his jawline tensed up and his bright blue eyes were partly closed as he stared her down whilst saying; "As a result of said 'Assault'-charge, you will have to redo your Combat Examination, along with the first-year students." He flicked off his personal device; the emblem of the royal family lighting up for just a second before it fully deactivated. "Luckily for you, i will be the one to examine your combat capabilities.-" He then sighed and put the personal device away before continuing; "You are assigned to team Lunaris. I wish you the best of luck and expect to see you there." He then turned around and began to walk into the direction of the arena that was readied for team Lunaris. After a couple of meters, however; he slowly stopped walking, turning around and looking at Ruby once more.

'Such a shame, for she has so much potential...' He thought as he looked at her; standing there in her black clothing. He then turned back around and continued to walk towards the arena; conflicted thoughts in his mind. He felt the need to hurry, to get away from the plaza, from the students... from Amanda. The wounds were too deep, the scars too fresh. He held up the facade, pushed away the emotion and forced himself to remain calm.

'I'm a royal, for fuck sake...' He thought as he continued to walk; 'I can't let work influence my personal life... not now and especially not when i'm king.' His thoughts were all over the place and he was surprised, but foremost happy when he arrived at the arena, which he entered. Now finally able to shield himself from the ever present, prying eyes of those who were all too interested in his life, he dropped the veil; sighing deeply as he moved towards the bar, where he grabbed a ice-cold Coke, quickly drank it and then decided it was time to get changed for the examinations...

Last edited:
She had made it maybe 6 feet before a hand grasped her arm and pulled her off like she was a child. "What the what?!" It happened so fast that she didn't see who it was at first, her eyes started to shine a bright silver, her hair following suit. Ruby was going to make this punk curse the day he was conceived silver flames starting to build up in her palm, enough to punch a hole through a tree... But it soon went out like a candle when her aggressor was revealed. "Christian?" The surprise was evident in her voice but she soon regained herself and was about to start. "You better have a good explanation for just-"

The moment he brought up the assault charge, literally showing the thing in bright bold letters. Something died in her throat. He then went on to say that due to her. Slight disruption in the past, that she would have to redo her Combat Examination.... Her rage could have shattered mountains and make gods quake, but out of respect for Christian Ruby decided not to interrupt him. Plus she could blow off some steam since he was the one who was to 'judge' her fighting capabilities, oh he would see how much she's improved since last year. With his speech done, and his little device closed they went their separate ways. 'FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! I cannot, believe this shit! They are making me fight with first years are they insane?! If they are punishing me at least let me fight the entire council, at least a fight with them would make me look far more competent than the equivalent of restarting at kindergarten!' Her thoughts kept piling up and piling up. 'How could he just let this happen to me?! He could have at least given me a more suitable punishment, I mean for FUCK SAKE WE WERE FRIENDS!!!.....' She turned her head back to Christian as he was walking away. "We were friends...." Turning away not even able to look at him anymore, the Scorcher had to get ready for her show. The walk over to the arena was melancholy, no matter how hard she tried or what mental tricks she used, Amanda was stuck wondering. What could have been?

Ade stopped as everyone went quiet almost at the same time as Viktoriya started to speak. He looked around, confused, although he was listening to the conversation with half an ear. This sudden change in the faces and the atmosphere gave him goosebumps but decided that maybe, these people just knew more about the customs and the etiquette of this place. Perhaps, it was entirely normal to look at the President as though she was a higher being. He listened carefully to what was said and got a little bit surprised at the end when the magic was revealed. He felt ashamed for not noticing, but relief washed over him when not one of those little spirits came even near him. Back at home, his leader used to use it at public gatherings, most of the masses either didn't notice or didn't much care. Ade had been affected it by so many times while knowing what was going on, he grew immune to it. That didn't mean it wasn't horrific that he didn't notice it, that just spoke miles about his lack of attention.
As there were people running back towards the train, with fear was written all over their faces and ghosts from their pasts chasing after him, Ade heard a squeal that got his attention: "Big sis!" He turned towards the source just as Viktoriya spun the young lady around. It was heartwarming, but at the same time rather odd, in the midst of all the shouting, screaming and crying. Something inside of him pulled even more towards Artoria, though he couldn't tell if it was the same, almost brotherly pull that he could feel earlier, or if it was to gain information for his leader, and that scared him.
Despite all of this, he was tapped on the shoulder by someone in a uniform and was showed the way towards where the writing exam was taking place.
It was surprising how much of the information he got from Andrew Ade could use. Although he already had a pretty good understanding of most of the different types of magic and how they worked, history wasn't something he had that much knowledge in. In the end, he had about half an hour of spare time to just look around and play with his pencil. He could see Masego writing without taking a break, and he was sure he could see Artoria close to banging her head on her desk. There were other people as well, some about to cry, some just making silent hand motions as if they were talking to an invisible person.
In the end, he was quite satisfied with his score of 87.

THE MONORAIL RIDE
The mass of students for the first day was hectic, the rail car rather jammed pack full of students. While most first year students tend to sit alone, there was one that sat even more so.

Dressed in exquisite and high end black suit with leather black gloves, hand tailored by the best Brioni suit makers, stood a rather tall first year. His glowing red eyes gleaned the area around him from under his scruffy mass of black hair. Despite his actual age of 16, his hard life full of rigid training and education caused him to appear much older than he was. This was also enhanced by his tall form of 5'10."
latest

Jayden Williams, son of the US Military's highest ranking General, General Roy Williams, sat alone on the jam packed monorail as it powered towards the Academy. He chose his seats tactically, almost methodically avoiding any possible interaction with the other students. He rode in silence, intensely reading a book dedicated to US Military history, specifically one on General James Mattis, one of his personal heroes. He would quietly read this book the entire way, coldly ignoring anyone who attempted to speak with him.

THE ARRIVAL
When the monorail got off, he was one of the last ones off, almost missing the beginning of Vikki's speech. Thanks to his military upbringing, the child was well aware of magic that effected his mental state, as he knew US military secrets known to only a select few: US Artillery Magic.

As soon as he realized what was happening, he remembered his training and focused on one specific memory: a loud, painfully audible "THWACK" occurring in his head. His face unconsciously flinches and he rubs his two black leather bound hands together, reliving a painful memory of his childhood. He snapped out of his trance as he listened to the rest of Vikki's speech. He would roll his eyes at the idea of a written exam, almost seeming bored of it already. As they headed to the exams, his eyes caught the sight of a rather curious woman, a blonded haired lady in blue attire. He resisted scratching his head in wonder of remembering who she was.

THE EXAM
The Written Exam was much more in depth than the young child expected it to be, but was rather easy for him. The history of the great war and the inherited magic of the nations was easy for him, his father ensured the information was drilled into his head. The rest was almost basic information to him, though he quickly grew bored towards the end and made several sloppy mistakes.

He finished with a modest score of 93.

AFTER EXAM
After the exam, the young Jayden stood alone as the rest of his classmates mingled in the halls. He searched for the blue dressed girl once more, an insatiable itch to remember who she was was clawing at the back of his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back