Akashic Arcana CHAPTER I - Genesis || The Entrance Exam - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masego smiled at Ade as he was complimented. "Well thanks, I'm always happy to help a friend in need. Oh, if we're going by nicknames, my friends always call me Mago, and welp, I consider you friends now so feel free to call me that as well. That's an interesting name you got there though Ade. You from Haven as well? I come from South Africa." He said, his sentences rapid firing out of him as he spoke.

He then noticed an attractive tan girl who was talking to the stewardess and seemed to have just as much energy as he did. He hoped that he'd get the chance to include her in their conversation or at least talk to her at a later point in this trip. He needed a friend who could keep up with him.

"Thank you very much." The Princess nodded her head to the stewardess in thanks and took her glass, letting out a small giggle as she tapped the umbrella. "Wow, they really go all out." She takes a sip, clearly very pleased with the taste.

Artoria smiled at Adebowale in response, "Pleased to meet you, Ade. My name is Artoria. Artoria Pendragon." She took a moment to consider some of the new information she learned, specifically about her big sis. "I'm on my own, and I was hoping that my arrival at the Academy would be a surprise for someone close to me... But..." She lets out a low sigh "I think she already knows I'm coming, so there's a chance she is waiting." The Princess didn't want to specify that it was the Student Council President herself that she was talking about, the last thing Artoria wanted was even more attention drawn to her on his train.

She took another sip of her freshly made orange juice, and turned back to Masego. "Mago, huh?" She thought for a moment, then commented "I don't really have any friends, so I don't have any nicknames other than what my big sis calls me." And she certainly didn't want people she just met calling her 'Ahren' as Vikki did.

Ade smiled politely. He was sure he heard the name Pendragon before, but he couldn't put a finger on it. Was it from a commercial? From a book? Maybe this young lady was a movie star? Could have been, after all to Ade she looked like a porcelain doll. "Ah, but I bet it was still a surprise when your friend learnt you are coming. Imagine the anticipation to finally see you!" He grinned, then turned to Masego. "Yes, same as you. I am from the East-... Also, from Haven." He smiled widely at the young man. "Mago, you're a rather fun person, I can already tell."

He took a few more sips of his water, not wanting to lose his voice again. "So, if I may ask, what kind of magic are you both good at? Personally, I am better at defending, so I am a tad bit nervous about this exam. And for everyone to see it is making my heart race even more" he chuckled as he put his hand over his heart. It was racing alright, but there was some form of glee inside him, he was happy to meet with other people who were full of life and energy.

While he waited for his drink Hanzo gathered his courage. Most people would probably just get up and join in the conversation but he wasn't most people. The scars from his past wouldn't let him be like normal people.

After what felt like eternity he got up and walked towards the group. "What's up everybody? This seems like a good group to join in. Hopefully you don't mind. I'm Hanzo Tomimura." He started to feel a cold sweat as he looked around at their reactions. The people he was most interested in were the descendants of Shaka Zulu and King Arthur Pendragon. What kind of people are they, he thought to himself. His heart ached for some attention even if he was scared of it.

Viola decided for good that she liked Amanda and that was that. Not only was she nice but she apparently had great taste in tea. The odd looking black balls floating in the liquid threw her off her game. They looked like little alien eggs that would hatch inside of her and then slowly take over and destroy the world.

She smiled at Amanda, taking the drink from the table and having a seat at the closest chair possible. "Thanks! I actually don't know much about tea... but I hear it's supposed to make me a sophisticated lady." And she was.

Crossing her legs in a stately manner, she straightened her back and then proceeded to use her straw and dig out one of those black orbs. Placing it on her palm, she stared. Perhaps she stared a little longer than she needed, looking for any signs of movement before she popped it into her mouth. Her surprise at the taste of it came out in the form of a little squeak, followed giggle.

Then she descended upon the tea like an multidimensional being on a rabbit.

As she slurped up the fantastic tea through, what's now her favorite size straw, she got the feeling that someone had looked at her. Her eyes fell onto Masego, watching him. She would've said something, but she was too busy drinking her tea.

Mago let out a large gasp when Artoria revealed that she didn't really have friends. "No friends?! Well that is simply unacceptable. Consider yourself plus one friend from here on out. That goes for the rest of you too. Even you!" He said pointing at the girl with the vibrant hair who had been adorably examining a black pearl in her tea like it was gonna jump out of her hand.

Then the black and red haired boy came into the group and introduced himself as Hanzo. "You've come to the right place, my friend. Something tells me that we're gonna be the best group of friends ever!!" He let out, his emotional high accidentally releasing his brown eagle wings and have him hovering slightly above the floor of the train. "Whoopsie. Guess I got carried away again, one sec." He said as he lowered himself to the ground and willed his wings back inside his body. "I swear sometimes it feels like these animal spirits have a mind of their own." he added looking at his little totem necklace.

Artoria rubbed the back of her neck. She began to answer Ade, then remembered advice that her uncle Lancelot had given her; Don't reveal too much of yourself, the other students are your rivals and will use any knowledge of you against you. She thought for a moment, then said "Mostly my Inherited Magic." A small smirk formed on her face. "If this combat exam is as it sounds, you may get to witness it firsthand."

She was at first taken aback at Mago's sudden outburst, but composed herself when his thoughts were made clear. She let out a small laugh and nodded. "I would very much like that, Mago." She turned back to Ade, "Would you also be my friend?"

When Hanzo approached, the Princess would give him a warm smile and extend a hand out to shake. "I don't mind at all. Artoria Pendragon. Pleased to meet you." She had such an overly friendly demeanor to her, one would think she's either very young and naive, or hiding something. Very much likely the former. Her face hardly looked like the type to be an evil schemer.

Ade's mouth fell open in awe a bit at Masego's outburst and tried to figure out how he could do that. He knew about summoning animals, but only wings? And on himself? Maybe Ade was just out of the loop here and it was some kind of different magic? He had to ask later, but for now, his attention was grabbed by Artoria again. Or more like, the lack of answering her question before another lad showed up. "Of course I'll be your friend, young lady. It would be my pleasure" he smiled and bowed his head a tiny bit. It was a sign of respect and good faith for him since he still couldn't figure out where he had heard her name.
"And it is very nice to meet with you as well, Hanzo. I hope we can get along for the next few years." Ade looked around, his heart racing at all the people around him. He could practically touch their strength in the air, both magical and character wise. It was going to be exciting, and yet his mind wandered towards Viktoriya again. How is he going to approach her? What is he going to have to do to finish-... No, he needed to stop thinking about these right now. "Does anyone know how long this train ride will be?"

Suddenly, the Monorail's announcement pling could be heard again;

"Goodmorning Arcadia Academy students! The remaining travel time is; twenty minutes. On behalf of the Monorail, we'd like to officially welcome you to the Academy and wish all of you good luck during your education. Monorail, built for your pleasure, your leisure and your convenience."

The same pling was heard; indicating the end of the message. Right at that moment, the Monorail speeded towards the Academy; its long and artificial coast line protecting the grounds from the ocean's huge and aggressive waves.

Ade chuckled as the announcement came on only a second after he asked. "I see" he mumbled to himself and looked around again. The thoughts from earlier came back with all the worry and anxiety he had felt prior to taking the first plane from Haven. He wanted to just relax, he was still exhausted from the long trip, even if he couldn't fall back asleep anymore. He decided he needed to stretch. "Excuse me, but I'm afraid I need to stretch a bit. My legs feel cramped, but I should be back soon enough." His voice was gentler than before, and he kept his gaze at a lower level. He tried to get away without leaving any lasting rude impressions, but Ade really needed to get out.
He stood up and considered if he should leave his backpack, the only thing actually tying him to this spot and these very people, but he was afraid that if he takes more than twenty minutes, the train would arrive and he would lose a great portion of the materials he need to make dolls with. He grabbed it and flunged it on his back as he made his way towards the back of the train, where it seemed to be more spacious and a lot quieter, looking for an empty spot.

The steward, whose badge said was called 'Andrew', noticed how one of the students walked off towards the back of the train; seemingly preoccupied with something.

"Hmm... odd..." He mumbled; raising his left brow in confusing as his gaze followed the young man with the short afro. He shook his head; deciding he would go and talk to him - if he could find him - after having served his current order.

The last order was accompanied by some complications; one of the drinks being too hot and another not rightly made. He had to do both drinks again and when he was finally done he slowly walked off towards the back of the Monorail. Luckily for him, no-one needed his services, so he could reach the student quickly and when he did he remained in the door's opening.

"Hello, good sir. You seem in distress; can i offer you a drink?" He asked gently; one hand in front of his stomach whilst letting the other loosely hang besides his body. His face was adorned by a sweet smile and his grey eyes looked at the student. "As you must be aware, we offer quite a lot - free of charge." The later he said with a slight chuckle in his voice. For some reason, the majority of the students didn't order anything. Andrew guessed it was because drinks were often highly priced on Monorail facilities. He simply stood there and waited; hoping the student wouldn't send him away.

Ade looked at the man who approached him. Something about talking to an employee instead of a student made him feel better. He smiled and nodded. "I think I would like some... Do you have any green tea? Sweet one, I mean, in a bottle?" He looked at the man's name tag, it said Andrew. "And thank you, Andrew, I am alright, just needed some fresh air, that's all." Ade wondered who this man eas. He seemed elegant and nice, but there seemed to be some knowledge or understanding in his eyes and Ade's curiosity peeked. "If it's alright, do you know anything about the school? Who runs it and if we will meet with them? I tried to look it up back at home-" In the library, since his community, or rather his mother believed that any electronics would lead to their ultimate demise. He was lucky to get some essentials for his new school. "But I couldn't find any information on that."

"Ofcourse we have iced tea, sir." Andrew said and smiled; quickly grabbing his personal device, flicking it on to show the students the iced tea they offered; "When it comes to iced tea, we got quite a lot: peach, lemon, cranberry, strawberry and... oh-..." He chuckled sweetly as he looked at the student; "-green tea as well." He selected the green tea icon. He wanted to turn around and get the student's drink, but then he heard how he began to ask him a question. He listened carefully; realizing the student had noticed that he was more than a mere steward. He chuckled sweetly as he answered the student's question; "If it is alright with you, i'll first grab you your green tea, myself a cold Coke and then i'll come back and answer your questions." He paused for a moment before saying, perfectly articulating; "I'll be right back, sir. Don't go anywhere, for i won't be able to find you again." He smiled and turned around, now walking towards a hidden compartment of the train, out of which he grabbed a long glass and a glass bottle filled with iced, green tea. One could see that it was being kept just above freezing temperature, for the student's enjoyment, obviously. He also grabbed himself a glass bottle of Coke along with a long glass and then walked back to the back of the train.

When he got back to where the student was before he left, he realized the students was still standing. Moving past the doorway, he smiled whilst suggesting to the student; "Let's sit down. I believe there is a rather quiet spot in the far back of this coupé." He then waited for the student to move there; both of the glass bottles and their long glasses standing on the plate he was holding with one hand.

Ade was quickly left alone, and after that, well, he couldn't decide if he should move to one of the seats closeby to where they were talking before, or if he really should just stand in one place. He tried to turn around, but as he did, a woman ran straight into his backpack, pushing him back to his original state. He felt awkward, but lucky for him, Andrew got back fast. Ade couldn't understand how he could balance the drinks and not trip over anything or anyone on his way. When the man mentioned they should sit down, Ade could feel some blood rushing to his face, but nodded with a smile and turned around, this time more carefully. He didn't want to bump into anyone, especially not Andrew. "Uhm, did you mean this place, sir?" Ade asked, but when he realised there was no space afterwards, he sat down in the coupé, getting situated and waited for Andrew to do the same.
"Thank you for the tea. This is just what I needed." He played around with the glass, feeling the cold from it, before repeating his question again. "So, can you tell me more about who runs the school? They seem quite mysterious, don't they?" he chuckled. "It seems as though right now Viktoriya runs everything, but that can't be true, can it? Leaving everything for a few students in such a huge institution?" By the end of his question, his eyes widened and they were gleaming. Saying out loud the question, even that made him curious and somewhat excited for this new start.

Andrew simply smiled at the student before saying; "You are most welcome, sir." He then sipped of his own Coke and chuckled; "Yes, i most certainly can. The one leading the Student Council, it's President, is a Third-year student called Viktoriya Romanov. She's the daughter of Alexei Romanov; the Federation's emperor." He smiled at him before continuing; "Then there is the Disciplinary Committee. They are the ones who take care of the Academy's security and the Committee is led by another Third-year student; Christian-..." He then suddenly chuckled before saying; "Well, his whole name is too long - both to remember and pronounce." He chuckled once more and smiled brightly; "Well, he is called Christian van Orange-Nassau. He's the son of the United European Union's High Queen." He then sat down a bit more comfortable, sipping his Coke once more before saying; "And yes, they are quite mysterious." It was then that he realized the student was simply playing around with his glass, which surprised him; "You're playing with your glass; is something the matter, sir?" He asked; concern in his voice as he had one carefully plucked eyebrow raised; his silver eyes focused on the student.

Ade looked up as he heard Andrew ask him if he was alright. Honestly, this wasn't the information he wanted to hear. What was he supposed to do with all of these names? He felt out of the loop and oh-so-behind. Was he supposed to know them? Was it like the young lady's name? "Ah, I'm alright, thank you. I just feel as though I'm in a whole new world. Are these names... Supposed to mean anything? I understand who the High Queen is, and yet I really don't. You see, in Haven we have a lot of different places, with lots of different traditions. In my community, we spent a lot of time helping out others and travelling for it, so I had little time to hit the books and much less to learn about the world, even though, now it feels like a waste of time." He glanced back towards where they came from originally, with all those bright people waiting to get started. "The world seems like a wonderful place" he grinned and took a sip from his tea. "Thank you for your answer, though. If I may, is there anyone watching over these students? An adult, a principle of some sort?" He hoped his questions wouldn't show much else than general curiosity. He could already hear his community's leader's voice in his head as he was scolded for not achieving enough, although his next check-in didn't happen until the next week. He looked down again at his glass, though he took a deep breath and relaxed his shoulders. His hoodie scrunched up behind his neck as he leant back, but that was alright with him, like a small pillow. There, now he must have been an almost perfect statue of a relaxed student.

" '...watching over 'these' students'? Why... what is that for kind of question?" His eyebrow had raised even more as he wondered; but decided not to push.

"Well, the names aren't that important. What they stand for is, however. But, i'm sure you'll be finding that out soon enough, as a first year student." He then reached to the back of his head and scratched himself; immediately putting his arm back down before continuing; "Yes, there is a principal and a huge staff of teachers and professors who all watch over the students. However, their safety - both the students' and the professors' - is covered by the Academy's Disciplinary Committee, who work around the clock to keep everyone safe. Both from outside threads, and those from the inside." He chuckled and was glad to see the student relaxed.

After a brief moment of silence, he looked at the student and said; "So, you know my name. Which is obvious, considering-..." He pointed at his badge and sighed; a humored glimmer in his eyes as he continued; "But, what is yours, if you'd be so kind to tell me?" He then took another sip of his Coke, set the glass down on the table in front of him, tilted his head a bit to the side and looked at the student...

"Oh, I see" he mumbled, then chuckled at the question. "Please, forgive my rudeness. My name is Adebowale, but feel free to call me Ade, sir. I'm from Haven. I assume you are from Europe, considering your amazing British accent?" he smiled widely. "Thank you for your answers, by the way. They make me feel a little bit more prepared." Damn, Ade didn't get to know even the principal's name, but he didn't want to push his luck. Instead, he decided to ask about someone else, seemed appropriate as well. "I met with someone else from your place too. She is quite young but seems to have a lot of fire inside her. Her name reminds me of someone, but I can't recall where I have heard it. Pendragon. Is she a movie star's child? Usually, they are the ones with such... spectacular names." He was fumbling for the words, but he just in case, he wanted to use something that couldn't be taken too badly. "Also, is it normal to have teenagers so young as her attend the academy?" He looked down and bit his lips, as though what he was about to say was a huge shame, although he had realised he was maybe a year or two older than most would be in his class. "You see, I'm 22. With all the travelling, I had to be pushed back quite a lot" he smiled, even if he was just telling lies. "I'm a bit concerned about being the grandfather of the group" he grinned.

"Europe!? Well... one could consider Brittain to be a part of Europe, but... well..." He flustered a little; confused due to the studden question. He breathed in deeply before saying; "I come from Brittain, born and raised." He then listened to 'Ade' as he told him about this girl he met, when the name 'Pendragon' fell, his eyes widened and he whispered; "Her Royal Majesty..." It was soft enough to not be heard and he forced himself to remain relaxed as he began to speak; "Pendragon is the name of the royal family that rules Brittain. Artoria Pendragon - the girl you are talking about - is the country's crown princess." At the question if it was normal for such a young teenager to attend, he simply smiled; "I have not heard of any other students that young to attend the Academy, but maybe in Artoria's case-..." His eyes widened, as he realized that he had no right to call his crown princess by her first name. So he rectified himself; "Well, maybe in the crown princess's case it is different. A lot of different factors could be at play. But don't worry. The majority of the first-year students are seventeen to nineteen years old." He then chuckled once more due to Ade's comment about being the grandfather of the group; "I'm quite sure you'll fit in just fine, Ade."

Crown Princess? That cute young lady? What in the world? Ade couldn't mask up his confused and surprised expression, his mouth fell open and he didn't even dare blink for a minute. "But she is so sweet, certainly not how I imagined a royalty to be like," he said, looking up at the ceiling. He wondered about his actions towards Artoria. Were they proper? The girl seemed to be alright with everything, she even seemed to like Masego's quick outbursts. He shrugged and looked at Andrew, leaning on the desk. "She seems like a good person. And I hope I will. I don't know how Masego's doing it- oh, uhm, he is the boy with the mohawk" he explained as he pointed towards his head. "He has a lot of energy, I only met him, but I am sure he could blow away this whole train just by talking" he laughed. "Have you ever attended the Academy, sir? Do you like it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back