Chapter one of my book Changed reality!

Kris

The Fallen Writer
A ranger deep in the woods trots into a clearing that should have been bright since it was noon, but it was dark the whole forest was dark, it was silent, but it shouldn't have been. the ranger looked up and saw a large Blue and black object blocking the sun. a fear rose in his stomach, what was this thing that he saw? How could something block the sun? Is it the end of time? The ranger thought to himself starring in disbelief looking up. Something glimmered in the sky, something metal, something...falling! The Ranger realizes it's metal. A large chunk lands by his horse sending it rearing.The ranger gets sent flying off, his cloak twisting into his legs.He watches helplessly as the horse gallops off its leg muscles bunching as it runs only ten feet, Then to the Rangers horror the creature falls, its head was gone, a piece of metal around the size of a fist blasting through its skull. The Ranger struggles with the clasp of the cloak. he's kicking at the bottom trying to free his legs as shrapnel rains down from above. He gets the clasp off and kicks his cloak away. he makes a mad dash towards a small rock hanging over the ground, maybe 3 feet of clearance. he gets close maybe two feet away. then a sliver of metal punctured through his left leg. he stumbled and fell screaming his hamstring cut clean. The ranger crawls under the rock, praying it will protect him. He sat under there taking his tunic and making an improvised tourniquet. the view from where he was had the falling object in his view. He sat and watched as the giant blazing piece of metal crashed into the ground maybe 3 leagues away. the shockwave created flung trees and squished him up against the rock. he fell back down and groaned. why did this happen? this is the second one this week!first, the one that called themselves the Imperium came and threatened to kill them if they didn't help and now this black and blue ship. what horrors would they commit? His last thoughts were what would this mean for the human race? after that he passed out. his face pale, as the tourniquet was losing its strength. if he didn't get the help he needed he would soon die of blood loss. lucky for him the crew of the blue ship was already sending out scouting ships. But would it be too late for the Ranger? Now he may be passed out but that did not mean his mind was silent. he was in a dream state so to speak. he saw a small metal ship opening its bottom, a suited humanoid being slid down a rope with a sort of board, he saw as the being put him on the strange board. and then he finally thought, why do I not feel anything? his leg was bleeding and the piece of metal was still in it, yet he felt nothing. the board jerked upwards, slowly pulling him up into its belly. he saw men and women tearing out the metal and bandaging it, one of the group said these few words that showed how badly he was doing." forget the rest of the scouting mission take us back to the ship now!" no one abandons a mission without good cause. he felt himself being checked over and that's all he felt until the scene disappeared, being replaced by a new one with a new setting and a new perspective. he saw himself being pushed into a room with strange equipment. he saw them patching up his leg, he saw his face now and he stopped, it was pale. as pale as fresh snow. he seemed dead. he wondered if he was dead. if this is what being dead is like. he had no more time to ponder this because he soon saw nothing only darkness. and now he knew he was dead. but he wasn't, because if he were dead would he still feel? he felt the strange fabric of a gown and a needle in his arm. he opened his eyes and saw a pale white ceiling. he moved his head slowly looking around. as he turned to his right he saw a man maybe 30 or 35 looking at a rectangle that showed a line periodically jumping, he realized it was his heartbeat. he gasped at the things around him. the imperium too had this kind of technology as they called it. but not to this extent. he tried to ask where he was but all he did was rasp out a strange noise. the doctor snapped his head towards the noise the ranger made, he looked at him curiously.the ranger only wondered what the man thought of him. his face still having some dirt on it, his hair that was black now brown from dried mud, his angled face covered in blood and mud and his gray eyes being the only thing unchanged. the man with a white and thin robe pressed a button and the ranger was slowly rising to a sitting position. the man held out a glass of water and smiled, not an evil smile but a kind one. it made him think of the man as one of their healers back in the kingdom. he weakly grabbed the water barely lifting it to his mouth. he felt the liquid touch his parched tongue and cracked lips, he drank the rest abandoning the idea of savoring it. his parched throat finally feeling like normal.The doctor smiled as he saw the man drink the water so fast. the ranger opened his mouth and finally said something."Thank you." was all he said. and the man didn't seem to understand, a confused look was on the healers face. the healer turned to a small stand and picked up a pill gesturing for him to swallow it using water. The man gave him the pill and water gesturing for him to take it. The Ranger nodded his understanding and swallowed it not seeing any reason to believe the man had ill intentions. The healer waited a few minutes before speaking again. "my name is Alexander, I am a doctor, what you just took is a translation pill. anything you say I hear in my language, understand?" he says, the ranger nodded."yes I understand. I am Tarn a woodland ranger." the ranger said trying not to ask a million and one questions. a lot of this didn't surprise him since he saw this on the Imperium ship." well in a few minutes our captain will be coming into speak with you, he has a few questions, please answer them and be truthful, understood?"Alexander said standing up. "understood." Tarn said as well. the doctor walked off and Tarn was left there wondering what the hell was going on? Tarn didn't have much time to ponder what was going on. His thoughts so far out and bizarre that he never noticed the man enter. he was in his dress uniform with his rank on the uniform showing he was a captain, Tarn wouldn't have known that, see he looked the part but there was no purple or other colors showing his status.The captain sat in the chair by the bed, the only way Tarn knew he was there was from the noise of the chair a small squeak as it rolled by the bed. Tarn looked over and saw the man, His face full of confusion. Who was this man? didn't Alexander say that the captain was going to meet him? but how can he be a captain? were they not one of the higher ranks? was he not the leader of an entire ship? If so why the plane clothing? would he not wear a color that meant he was the leader? showed his social status? all of these questions bounced around in his head, but before he could ask any of these, the captain spoke, and he said."my name is captain James, I am the captain of this fine ship called the USS Gettysburg, I take your feeling better?" the captain smiled, he seemed a nice enough man he was obviously older than Tarn, The gray hairs gave it away. his hair was almost a complete buzz as he learned from the few exchanges with the others in the infirmary. "I am feeling much better, Thanks to the doctor. I feel like I was just reborn into a better body." Tarn said smiling and sitting up straiter. "that's good to hear, we are deeply sorry for the damage we caused by entering your world. I feel like I am responsible for this."James says giving a small and sad smile.Tarn seems a bit confused but he feels like the captain has more to say. "I hate to go directly into business but I need to know, what do you call this planet?" the captain asks expecting some strange planet but when Tarn responds he gets floored. his eyes wide. "we call this world we live on, Earth captain." The captain was reeling.. he had a true look of shock." no that's not possible." he whispers his face twisted in horror. he seemed like he was in a nightmare. but the captain had no time to react to what he just heard properly, for he just got a voice call." captain! you're needed! we have some more of the primitives by the ship and they seem mad!" the unknown man probably a comms officer said. "I'm on my way!" the captain says standing up. Tarn looks up."take me with you. they don't respond well to others! I'm still one of them from this world, they'll listen to me!" he says getting up and following after the captain." alright put this on." the captain says tossing him his clothes from the day before." get dressed and follow me." be sure to read the original https://www.wattpad.com/user/destinydud

Back