Character Guidelines & Rules

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
Character Creation Guidelines: Stats will be determined via roll 4d6 and take the highest 3. 1's may be re-rolled (if your stats completely bomb, we'll work something out). People are free to utilize any 5e resource in the creation of their characters. All classes, races, spells, etc are allowed.

Gold/Equipment may be determined by the class/rolling chart in the PHP or by the default equipment sets for class/background, but if you're a bit short for something that makes sense for your character to have, or if your character's background may influence their available funds just talk to me. I'm pretty flexible in this area.

All level 1 characters may start with one feat. If you have a class/race ability that grants you a feat, then you may start with two feats.

Character sheets should be posted in the Character Sheets forum, with one thread per player. If you have character information you would like kept private, exclude it from your public character sheet and send me the full character sheet via private messages. You may utilize any character sheet you like, or even upload a picture of an offline character sheet if you prefer.

I also have this character sheet available for anyone who wishes to make use of it. Simply make a copy of the sheet to your personal google drive, and fill it out. You can embed the finished sheet directly into a thread post (or if you don't know how to embed, you can just post the link into a thread and I can embed it for you).

Character Creation Limitations: I'm pretty laid back when it comes to characters, and more than willing to work with players to make a concept viable. I just have a few requests for this campaign. Outside of these rules though, feel free to be as creative as you like. If you have a complex idea just let me know and we'll find a way to weave everything together.
  • Make sure your character makes sense for the campaign, and make sure their actions and motivations make sense for the story. As the emphasis of this campaign is on storytelling, there will be long-lasting consequences to actions. If a character is acting contrary to what makes sense for the party and the story, it won't be waved off for the sake of the player getting to keep their character. IE if a party member is constantly being a liability to the rest of the party, committing blatant crimes and/or getting arrested, or in general acting in a manner that doesn't make sense for people to continue to associate with them, then that player may find themselves needing to make a new character.

• No evil characters or characters that secretly intend to betray their party. These can be fun concepts, and I've greatly enjoyed them in some campaigns, but to keep things simple for this campaign, I'd like to exclude such elements. Perhaps in future campaigns.

Last edited:
Back