The Last Bastion: Bunker Chicago Character Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilum

The Wanderer Returned
Benefactor
Status: The role play is full. Please do not submit any further character sheets at this time. Thank you. If you wish to be added to a waiting list in the event a player slot opens up, ask @Nilum via Private Message. Thank you.

Character List is here. Slots: 17/16.

If you haven't read the general information thread, read that first. You should also read the rules and guidelines thread, too. Then, if you're still interested, come back to this thread. You will need THIS THREAD to help you with character creation, as it explains all the mechanics in great detail. :)

New Character: Create your Biographical and Technical sections as normal. Pick one faction to affiliate yourself with in the Factions section, all others will look at you in a distrusting manner. Leave the Requisitions area blank--you won't have any. You cannot add more than three points to a single trait.

Old Character: Your faction relations and requisitions will be assigned by the GM.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in this thread here! Or on the site chat by pinging me! Or on my Discord!

YOU MAY FIND A COPY-PASTE VERSION OF THIS CHARACTER SHEET HERE.

To Sign-Up...
  1. Create a new thread in the Sign-Up area, and post your sheet there.
  2. Wait for the GM to give you details about your instinct/factions/random mutations/et cetera, and wait for approval.
  3. Once approved, your sheet will be moved into the approved section. The GM will help guide your new character into the story, and then you're free to make whatever decisions you wish.
That is all! If you need to know anything else, simply ask questions. I'll answer them as best as I can.

Biographical

Name: (Your character's name.)
Age: (Your character's age. None younger than 16 may apply.)
Sex: (Your character's physical gender. No, you may not answer "yes please" here, as amusing as it is.)
Family & Friends: (Your character's family and friends. Simply list them—you don't need to give any great detail to them, put in as much as you wish. They may appear later in the story, one way or another, as NPC's controlled by me--or by you, if you should so wish.)
Appearance: (What your character looks like. A picture or text description will do equally well.)
Biography: (Your character's background.)

Mutagens in DNA?: (Yes/No.) (This determines whether or not your character can gain the benefits and weaknesses of mutations. If they're in the DNA, but inactive, your character may not even know that they're there. This affects your interactions with some factions.)

Mutagens Active?: (Yes/No.) (This determines whether or not your character's Mutagens are currently active as mutations. This is required if you want to have any Listener abilities.)

Technical

(You get a total of 12 points to spend on your own, custom-made traits. Keep in mind that, whatever you choose to invest your points in, can be manipulated and countered. You can also invest multiple points into a single trait to make it stronger. If you spend no points in Grunt, delete Grunt Equipment and Instinct. If you spend no points in Listener, delete Random Mutations and Stages of Awakening. If you spend two or less points in Pilot, delete the Vehicle.)

Grunt: (Put your point total spent here)
  • Title: I am a trait. Make me into whatever you want for your character!

Grunt Equipment (Grunts use specialized personal equipment above and beyond that of most around them. MAKE SURE YOU SPEND A POINT MAKING A TRAIT IN THE SECTION ABOVE BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE GRUNT EQUIPMENT SECTION--OTHERWISE YOUR GM WILL BE VERY CONFUSED, BECAUSE HE IS NOT A SMART MAN!)
  • Primary Weapon: (Your primary weapon. It can be a sniper rifle, a semi-automatic rifle, or a shotgun. This costs you no points unless you modify them up to be more effective in some way. Anything above a .50 caliber or in excess of 50 rounds per clip, or which has any specialized future tech equipment on it, probably needs points invested into it.)
  • Secondary Weapon: (Your secondary weapon. It can be a pistol, compact SMG, or shotgun. Otherwise the same rules as your Primary.)
  • Personal Armour: (Light, Medium, or Heavy. You can unlock super-heavy and/or powered armour classes if you invest the points for them, you are affiliated with The Coalition or Red Star, and you can convince an influential NPC within that faction to give you the resources for them.)
  • Additional Gear: (Any additional gear you've acquired as a result of spending points in the Grunt tree.)

Instinct (Grunts have a natural preclusivity toward survival, as mentioned in their description. Investing points in the Grunt tree gives small but noticeable effects in this regard, which come in the form of honed instincts from years of survival or training using nothing but their two hands and wits. These are GM-assigned, based on how many points you've spent into the Grunt line.)
  • (You need to have spent a minimum of four or more traits in Grunt to gain your first Instinct.)

Listener: (Put your point total spent here)

Random Mutations (You earn these by investing points into the Listener tree. They appear at random and often have small but noticeable cosmetic or negative effects. If you already have cosmetic effects as a result of your mutations from an older sheet, put them here—they cost nothing. You may determine cosmetic effects, though negative effects are GM determined.)
  • (If you have no random mutations as of yet, delete this field. If you're a new character, ask the DM how many random Listener traits you have. You may customize your own cosmetic traits, but not the negative ones—those will be DM assigned. You may add however many cosmetic traits you wish.)

Stages of Awakening (You can unlock the true potential of the mutagens within your blood if you win the favour of the Children of Eve's faction affiliation. If you are not planning on joining The Children of Eve, you can probably ignore this.)
  • (Delete this if you are not joining the Children of Eve.)

Pilot: (Put your point total spent here.)

Vehicle (Only relevant if you have spent three or more points on Pilot Traits to earn a vehicle.)
  • Vehicle Type: (Tank or Helicopter? This costs no points.)
  • Armour Type: (Light, Medium, Heavy. This costs no points, though you may use points to upgrade your armour in the Pilot points section of your sheet. The armour class of your vehicle both determines how well it takes hits, and how likely the vehicle is to move out of the way of threats. Heavier armour is also usually seen as a greater threat by enemies.)
  • Primary Weapon: (The primary weapon of your vehicle. Tanks come with a standard 120mm Tank Gun or equivalent, and helicopters come with a M230 Chain Gun or equivalent. You can invest points in your Pilot tree to access stronger versions, or alternative stronger choices. Otherwise, this costs no points.)
  • Secondary Armament: (List any secondary weapons equipped on your tank or vehicle here. Tanks typically come with machine gun secondary weapons, and helicopters with standard missile pods. This costs no points unless you use some to upgrade them.)
  • AI Package: (Standard AI Packages are capable of determining friend from foe, basic target tracking. You can leave tanks and helicopters automated in this way while the pilot runs out to do other activities, but they do not move or understand any sense of self-preservation. You may spend points to upgrade the AI if you wish, though beware that a sufficiently intelligent AI may misbehave...)
  • Unique Modifications: (Any and all unique modifications to your tank design. Anything from electrified armour, to recoil stabilizers. Unless you spend points on them, this field should remain blank.)

Faction

Faction Affiliations (Factions range from the following five categories, in order of worst to best: Hostile, Distrusting, Neutral, Affiliated, Allied. A faction which is hostile toward you will attempt to eradicate you if given an appropriate opportunity to do it out of the public eye, while a faction that is allied with you will willingly share secrets and resources to help you. New Characters start with one faction Affiliated and four Distrusting—their choice. Old Characters will be informed what their relationships are with other factions.)
  • The Old Guard:
  • The Coalition:
  • U-ARM:
  • Red Star:
  • Children of Eve:

Requisitions (Requisitions are based on your relationships with NPC's in various factions. It's what a faction proverbially "owes" you for your services. New characters start with nothing in this regard and can thus ignore this section entirely. Old Characters can use these relationships with factions at any point in the story to ask for information or aid. How much the NPC interacting with you likes or dislikes you, or how much a faction trusts you, helps to determine how likely a requisition request is to succeed. This can range from learning faction secrets, to obtaining new traits for your character, to asking for help in a mission. Be warned: If you abuse the help from a relationship too much, it will evaporate away from you.)
  • (@Nilum will assign these to you based on your previous interactions.)

Signature: (Type your username here to agree that I am, at any point, allowed to kill off your characters without your consent. Without this permission, I cannot actually guarantee narrative tension for you, or anyone else. This is also to ensure that you understand that death is a real consequence of some actions in this universe, and it will be enforced by the GM.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back