Cinephilia is REAL.

nene

Alright so if you don't know yet (literally just discovered this a second ago), cinephilia is the term used to refer to a passionate interest in cinema, film theory and film criticism.
You've probably heard other terms like cinephile, cinemaphile or .... movie buff. I'd consider myself one I guess!!

I'm not much of a book fan, I probably watch more movies than I ever sleep but I just wanted to see if there are others out there! You don't even have to be one to reply - if you just love movies in general or have a favourite tell me C:

I'm into every genre, but my favourite ones come from
  • romance
  • crime
  • action
  • gangster
  • mafia
  • drama
  • thriller
And tell me anything more about yourself!! ^_^

Hi there!
I wouldn't really call myself a "buff", "fangirl", etc... of anything really lol. I have never really had the time, money, or attention span to get so into something that I would classify as one. I have seen a lot of movies, read a lot of books, watched a lot of tv, etc... but when it comes to every episode of every series or knowing all the "behind the scenes" info or things like that.... well I just don't do it to any kind of extreme.

Some book/comic/movie combos I have seen/read (and enjoyed to whatever degree) are:
  • Harry Potter
  • LOTR/Hobbit
  • Pride and Prejudice (and the like)
  • Sailor Moon (though I haven't read most of the comics I have about 15 discs worth of episodes and movies)
...well I can't think of any more at the moment lol

Other random shows, movies, and books I enjoy are: Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons, SAO, Kare Kano, Inuyasha, pretty well any superhero-based movie/show, TWD, Once Upon a Time, Beauty and the Beast (and most other Disney°Pixar stuff) and pretty much anything with Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Chun Yow Fat, Ziyi Zhang, or Michelle Yeoh.

I think I have listed off enough for now! Great thread! Got me thinking lol

I do like movies (especially fantasy themed films) but I tend to have a stronger proclivity toward supernatural horror T.V. shows, especially recently.

Those I've found interesting include:

•Stranger Things [Netflix]
•Channel Zero (anthology): Candle Cove [SyFy]
•American Horror Story [FX]
•Penny Dreadful [Showtime]
•Hemlock Groove [Netflix]

(Unfortunately, the last two have been cancelled, but were great series to watch while they were airing and even after).

I'm not that much of a movie fan myself, but i do watch one every other week, you know?
Movies/series that i personally enjoy are as followed:
Rick and Morty. You've probably heard of this, but i still felt like mentioning it. Its childish and fast-paced, like a kid on sugar. The humour is probably what makes it so good, along with the dynamic between the two main characters.
The prestige. Two magicians have a rivalry, that sums it up.
Leo the professional. The trailer presents it as an action flick, but it's much more than that. I won't spoil anything, but it's such a good movie.

MARVEL UNIVERSE FOR THE WIN!

I'm a huge Marvel Comic fan, so I want to watch every superhero movie they release (in exception of Blade, 'cause I don't like horror):
Dardevil
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor
Thor 2
Captain America: The first Avenger
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America 3 (aka Civil War)
Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant Man
Deadpool
Fantastic Four (not the one from 2015, that one is crap)
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer
Guardians of the Galaxy
John Carter
X-Men & Wolveringe movies

Too bad I haven't seen dr. Strange yet... :(

•Stranger Things [Netflix]
•Channel Zero (anthology): Candle Cove [SyFy]
•American Horror Story [FX]
•Penny Dreadful [Showtime]
•Hemlock Groove [Netflix]
The only one I haven't heard of is Channel Zero, but every other one I have either started or wanted to watch (before I lost internet :confused:) my sister has been really getting on me about watching Stranger Things though. She loves it (which is funny because not to long ago she'd make fun of me for liking shows like that:p)

Rick and Morty is another one my sister loves and is bugging me to watch. She even gave me a shirt from Loot Box that was Rick and Morty lol @Lurker

@Randium : I am a big Marvel/DC fan as well, and have seen as many of the movies as possible (no Dr. Strange either I'm afraid). My boyfriend loves them, so I probably watch more superhero movies than anything else now lol

Last edited:
I absolutely adore animation and with that: Animated movies (that's what I'll be studying in one months time.) and I'll watch just about anything but Im always weak for some sci-fi.
Some of my favourite movies:

-Bartok the Magnificent (Was on repeat as a kid.)
-Dead Space: Downfall
-Akira
-Batman: Under the Red Hood
-Ghost in the Shell
-Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron
-Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Back