[Clausus] Terra Novum Spatium

marsbat

Dragon Obsessed
Benefactor
@aryamajor

It was an average day on Kaereal. The flight festival was just around the corner, and the sun was high in the sky. Nothing seemed like it could go wrong. Suddenly, a crack of light opened in the sky above the continent of Aerikta. A steadily growing, impossibly thin flat circle of pure light. A small crowd gathered below, eyes on the sky as the light grew larger and larger.

Ayrn sat in the watch tower binoculars in hand. Any second the racers would pass by the blinking marker in the sky when the crowd below went quiet. A bright light appeared and started growing brighter....so bright he pulled the binoculars from his face and winced. "What in the Wilds is that?!"

An arc of lightning crossed from one edge to another with a quiet, distant pop, and a sleek white glider shot out, floating along with wings longer than the body of the craft. After a moment, it suddenly lurched to life, a whirring electric jet engine pushing it along as it started to bank.

The crowd gasped and began pointing and yelling. Ayrn shielded his eyes against the bright light as the craft..whatever it was...came at the tower.

The wings jerked away as the plane dodged past, spinning itself upside down before righting itself. The jet slowed and the wings tipped again, searching the ground for a landing point. There was a runway below, meant for smaller flyers and field crafts. The crowds began to swarm around it waiting to see what the craft would do.

With a wide arc, the craft descended down to the runway. A significant design flaw was present, a complete and total lack of landing gear. Instead, the bottom was designed to scrape along terrain and water equally, vertically angled engine exhausts present to lift off when needed. The engine slowly shifted to reverse, slowing the craft and helping it drop down to the ground just before it hit. Nose-first, the white bulbous craft crashed and slid along the ground, engine in full reverse to bring it to a friction-assisted halt. It dissapeared into a cloud of dust and smoke off the runway briefly, but the opening of the cockpit along the horizontal sliders was clear to all.

People scattered from the crash, screaming as they dropped their banners. Rather than running away, Aryn zipped down the ladder of his watch tower, binoculars swinging from his neck, and ran toward the crash sight. Wherever they had come from... they might need help.

Despite the hard landing, the craft seemed to take little damage aside from scraping. The two occupants stood, their muscle-y white metal spacesuits flexing like a normal body as it assisted them in their actions. One had a flatter white helmet with a large square piece of black glass in the front while the other had an elongated cone covering his face, extending much further out than the roundness of the man's helmet. The snout-covered one also had rather strange tight white fabric hanging down from his arms and massive feet that no human would ever think of having. The more human of the two figures looked over at Aryn, raising his arms gently at his side and showing his open, unarmed palms. "Hello! We are friendly." It called out. Not from his mouth, which was not visible, but from some sort of electric speaker built into the helmet.

Ayrn froze and looked over the two strange looking...people? The more human looking one spoke to him in his own language, but he saw no mouth and his voice echoed over the frightened crowd. Ayrn's mouth was hanging open a little and he shut it before managing some sort of answer. "Uh, friendly...?"

The human stepped out, helping the other creature a second later. They stood relaxed infront of them, observing the crowd. As the human looked back to Ayrn, the black in his glass faded away, revealing a 30-something caucasian male. "Do you happen to be an authority of this area? Police? Guards? Lord? Diplomat? Public figure? Chieftain? Anything like that?"

He glanced around and found he was the only one anywhere near the strangers, then looked back to the two. "Uh...I'm just in charge of the guard tower...what...er..who are you? Where did you come from?"

He glanced around and found he was the only one anywhere near the strangers, then looked back to the two. "Uh... I'm just in charge of the guard tower... what... er... who are you? Where did you come from?"

The human stepped forwards, a friendly smile on his face. "Micheal Ruben, MCI." He put his hand out, ready to shake. "And you are?"

The man had answered one question but not the other. "Michael Ruben MCI," he repeated, his brow furrowing at the strange name. Definitely not Kaerelean. He took the man's hand hesitantly at first, but then gave it a firm shake."Ayrn Janua...."

"Good to meet you, Aryn. You just became the first human on this planet to touch an alien. Congratulations! Now, would you mind telling me what sort of communications and policing system we have around here so I know if you can call the police or if I should start walking."

The companion humanoid -mostly humanoid- creature stopped looking around and brushed off some dust from his suit, his winged arms dropping to his side as he watched and waited.

Ayrn withdrew his hand and wiped it on his shirt, openly staring at the two. His green eyes bounced back and forth between the two. The sound of bootballs over the runway echoed and the clicking of metal guns. There were only 4 officers in the rural continent but they carried standard side arms."Uhh....that would be Aeriktas...police. " he stuttered, pointing to the men holding up guns behind him. "Don't move!"

"Alrighty, officers. Where would you like our hands? And watch Eekeeya's wings please, they are rather sore in that suit."

"Put your hands up where we can see them!" It was obvious the officers were following protocol but nothing in protocol ever covered alien visitation. "Are you armed?"

"We are not armed." Micheal lied. It was much easier to say than explaining the class 5 cutting laser or multitool that were booth fixed to his suit and not meant for use as a weapon anyway. "Watch that guy though, his feet are massive." The second being kicked Ruben gently.

They didn't lower their weapons, but did seem to relax some. "Who are you and what do you want?" "That one called himself Michael Ruben MCI.." Ayrn said, still staring, "He said they were both aliens." A confused silence came over the officers until one spoke. "If you really are aliens... why did you come here?"

"I am here on behalf of a six planet united government to extend a diplomatic hand to you and offer you our technology, research, and a hand in our democratic system in exchange for ceding of sovereignty. Also to explore. Mostly to explore really. It's a lot better than sitting around in a cave all the time. But that's just me, you probably want to know why I was sent here." The bat creature spoke in a strange, squeaky yet hard language. "Yea, if you want to detain us now that's fine. My arms are getting tired."

The officers blinked at him in shock, then glanced at each other. "Uh..yeah..." The first stepped forward pulling a pair of thick metal cuffs from his belt and then started putting Michael in cuffs. The other cop stared at the taller creature looking unsure how to actually go about cuffing the thing at all.

The winged man's body language was rather irritated as he pointed to the very small space between his wings and hands that made up his wrist, sticking his hands behind him a second later with a squeaky mutter. Micheal looked over to their craft and the cockpit sealed again, vertical exhaust thrusters activating as it automatically found a direction to take off in. Without the extra half-ton of weight, it was much more floaty on the runway and soon oriented itself back in the empty direction to take off.

"Don't worry about the drone, it is just going into a holding pattern. You seem to have enough aircraft related things around to know what that is."

Ayrn watched as the officers lead them over to an open aired skimmer and sat them both in the back. "Hey boy, we're taking you too. We need a witness statement," called one of the cops. "Oh uh...sure.." He walked over to the skimmer and jumped into the front seat. What was he supposed to write? That he was minding his own business and met an alien. The cop got in and started up the skimmer with a whirring click as Ayrn glanced back at the two strangers. "So....do all aliens look like you two?"

"Well, not quite. There are a handful of different humans like you or I, we mostly look the same barring a few minor differences in race and such. Then there are the Skii like my buddy, they are all covered in scales and a little bizarre. We also have giant fire breathing reptiles, a race of two legged amphibians, and a race of people made of plant material. Lots of humans though. Are there any other sapient races on this planet besides you?"

The man spoke quickly and efficiently, leaving Aryn a little at a loss of what to think at first. "Not that I know of. ..I mean there's Wilds Beasts...but they aren't like people. Not sapient."

"Ah. Well, wild animals are not issues really. I assume. Is there something different about them? Well, actually you don't really have context for what I mean by different. Hm... How about this, let's start out with some basic translation recognition to see how far along the planet is. Tell me what you understand of each of these terms. Steam power. Internal Combustion. Radiology. Computer. Nuclear arms. Hydrogen Rocket. Satellite. Internet. Artificial Intelligence."

The cop started the skimmer and hit the throttle zipping them down the dirt path and through the fields. "You shouldn't talk to them," the offer said to Ayrn. "Why not?" "They're aliens?" Ayrn shrugged and glanced back at the two of them. "What's artificial intelligence?"

"Is that the only unfamiliar one? Impressive. Well, you have computer then, right?"

Ayrn looked confused. He'd only asked what artificial intelligence was, because it was last one in the lengthy and fast spout the alien had given. "As in...a machine?"

"Ah. I think we are pre-computer Eekeeya. Nuclear power? Nuclear arms? Got any of that?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Ayrn blinked, "But I know what 'power' is."

"No cold war yet. Electricity? You have a power grid and all? How about coal and oil?"

"We use energy from the gases vented from the surface and the sun to run the lights if that's what you're asking?" "Ayrn, I said quit talking to them!" "Yeah, yeah, okay." Ayrn shot the officer an annoyed look and huffed as he turned back and flopped back into his seat. The rest of the ride was quiet except for the whine of the skimmer and the wind, until the arrived at a small building that served as the officer's office and the jail.

"Well that was not polite. Here we are having a nice interplanetary discussion and you are telling my friend here that he may not speak to me. Using solar and methane power already is a good sign, though missing out on oil and coal is a little strange."

"Before we are jailed, may I ask what offences you plan on holding us for? It would be good if I can make sure we don't have a diplomatic incident before we even get started with things here."

The officers looked at each other, having been met with a valid point. "Flying at craft without a license in Aerikta airspace and disturbing the peace," the driver finally said, "Though, considering you're not from Kaereal at all, its questionable whether the same set of rights extends to you." Aryn stole another glance at the two space travelers as they were lead out of the skimmer and inside the building to a small room with a table and chairs. Their cuffs were removed once they were inside and the door locked, leaving Ruben and his partner alone.

"Well I think that went fairly well."

<<Better than your arrival on Eskii>>

"The lack of a nuclear arms race probably helped."

<<Just a little, ee.>>

"We do need to get the T12 analysis laboratory somehow though. And I bet that Aryn fellow wouldn't mind donating some blood for a worthy cause."

<<Do you think there is really any danger of disease transfer like that?>>

"I do, yes. Diseases are nasty things. Even the Skii had to be batch immunised, remember?"

<<I remember. The needles were awful.>>

"Oh come on. If it wasn't for your thick-ass scales then we could have used micro patches."

<<That isn't exactly a choice. Besides, at least I have some stronger skin than you hairless apes.>>

"Pfft. You're just grumpy because you have had your goofy ears pinned down for hours."

<<Hm. Well once we get these suits off->>

"Eekeeya, I think you misunderstand. I wore my suit for six months straight on your planet. That's what the recyclers are for, bud." Micheal patted his comrade on the shoulder as he crossed his winged arms, wrapping his chest up behind sheets of white.

- - - -

The aliens chattered back and forth in their language as the two officers went into the office with Ayrn. One collapsed in his chair while the other ran his hands through his hair, gripping it tightly. "I think I need a drink."

"Make it a double."

"Who do we even call for this...the rep?"

"I dunno!"

Ayrn sat back in his own chair and listened for a minute. "Well... if he is an alien... don't you think all the continents should know about it? The rep would have to talk with them."

The two officers shot him a look and then the one in his seat sighed. "I'll get on the waves."

- - - - -

An officer entered the room, after an hour obviously looking overwhelmed but trying to keep himself together. "So...we have contacted our representative. She'll be on her way shortly, until then you two will have to hang tight..." his voice trailed off as if he didn't quite know what else to say.

"She? Hm. Culture is definitely different here from our past. Well, I just need to make sure a few things are handled first. Do you have a clock around here I can look at for a bit? A calendar too perhaps?"

The officer gave him a bewildered look before pointing to a round mechanism on the wall that had tick marks going around it, 100 ticks per large tick and 7 larges ticks. The needle around the outside edge pointed nearly to the 5th tick mark. "Why do you want a calendar? "

"Ah. I should have noticed that earlier." Micheal kept staring at the clock, waiting for the computer to analyse its movement to coordinate SI seconds. "A calendar is just helpful to see how you organise your orbit. Time telling is pretty critical, don't you think?"

The officer shook his head, more out of disbelief at Ruben than anything, then stepped out of the room. A few moments later he returned with a notebook made from rough paper, tossing it on the table. "There's a calendar...uh...don't suppose you need anything to eat? Drink?"

"Nope. We are in quarantine until we can immunise the planet against the harsher diseases we carry. Recycled water and nutrition iv drip. Thank you for the offer though. Aaand done. Alrighty, now the calendar." Despite the gloves, the man's hands were still rather dexterous, quickly opening and flipping through the notebook, counting days.

"Longer orbital period... Not too different though, a little seasonal drift over time."

"Well, it looks like in about three of your bigger things on that clock, another one of my drones is going to pop through that portal in the sky carrying some cargo for me and some observation equipment. Another three ticks after that we get another drone with some communications equipment. I have a little beacon for where they'll drop them off, it's in my life control pack here." Ruben patted on his back where there was a small bump containing his equipment. "Sound good?"

The officer stared at him. "Might add another count of flying without a license?" he shrugged without knowing what to say, "I'll tell the rep about it when she gets here...unless you'd die without it?"

"Not immediately, no, but I do need that equipment sooner than later. It has lab equipment and such, important things. And teeechnically, nobody is actually flying the plane, it flies itself." Ruben poked the bat in the side again. "But the sooner we get that stuff, the sooner we can get grumpypants out of his suit."

"You're still in control of it and that makes you the pilot regardless," the officer replied, sounding a bit more confident, this time, "I'll see what I can do, but it comes down to what the rep says."

"I'm just letting you know about them, I don't have any say until the comms equipment gets here, and even then the transfer is patchy. I guess that's not your problem though, just your "rep's". Oh! I have an idea! No, wait, that might not work. It's still not ideal anyway. Hmm... I guess it's for the Rep to sort out too. Ah! Is that other guy doing ok? No fever, puffy cheeks, nausea, sweaty palms?"

"What, the kid? Looks fine to me...you do something to him?" The officer replied, his eyes narrowing.

"No, just fuckin with ya. Unless there is actually a problem with out suits and we are leaking bacteria everywhere... He should be fine, these things are pretty hardy."

The officer looked at him with a slightly horrified look and then turned to leave. "No...no problems...just try not to leak all over the rep when she gets here willya?"

Roughly one big tick on the Kaerelean clock later, the door to the small room opened to reveal a tall woman with dark black hair bound in a braided bun and green eyes framed by neatly trimmed bangs. She wore a stiff collared navy blue tunic with an insignia on the left shoulder, long skirt-like pants and boots. Two armed guards stood behind her silently as she looked the of them over. If she was surprised, she didn't show it, keeping her shoulders square and her chin high. "I'm told you understand our main language, so I will introduce myself. My name is Hynaiha Kylwen, and I am the elected representative of the the continent of Aerkita, for the United Continents of Kaereal. "

Eekeeya was leaning on the table , tapping on his black helmet boredly. Ruben meanwhile was leaning back in his chair, tapping and swiping on his arm at some unseen game. The Skii straightened up as the door opened, but Micheal remained leaning back until Hynaiha's last few words. "Kaereal is the planet? You have a planetary alliance? Already? Really? Do you actually get stuff done or is it just like a symbolic thing?"

"Are aliens usually this rude, or do they actually introduce themselves?" she replied, completely unphased, and obviously not answering the question

Eekeeya mumbled something in his tongue, putting his gloves back up to his helmet. "Nah, just me. There are a whole lot of really nice people who smooth talk and are diplomatic and all that, but they don't have my magic powers so they don't get to come along. Once we make sure we don't destroy each other's planets with diseases they lock me up again until the next planet comes along. Micheal Ruben by the way, with the MCI."

Hynaiha slid a chair out from the opposite side of the table and smoothed her pants before sitting down and looking at the two of them. "Michael Ruben from MCI. Mind telling me what that stands for?"

"Manifold Coalition Initiative. I have no clue if the letters translate at all, but that's what is written across our chests and shoulders and everything. We are a little extra-national group based off of one of the uninhabitable planets of my own solar system. I am really interested in this united government thing though, I have not seen it before. Not even on my own planet."

"Fair question," she replied, "Kaereal has 90 continents, each with their own individual governments. These governments elect representatives that are sent to a global cooperation initiative the UCK."

"Ninety? That sounds a lot easier than the... what is it... seven hundred and some the MCI deals with? I don't even bother keeping track. Anyway, this UCK group, do they actually enforce law or is it all a big mess of bureaucracy that gets nothing done?"

"You can decide that for yourself when you meet them," she replied, with a raised brow, "I would like to hear your story from the beginning before that happens however. Tell me about this MCI and why they sent you."

"Well, it's a long one... It all started when a mommy and a daddy-" The masked figure shifted suddenly with a tiny electric whine as Ruben's chair shot out from under him and he hit the ground. "And that is what he is here for."

Hynaiha gave the other alien a nod. "Thanks for sparing me that."

Then she glanced back at Ruben, sitting up a little straighter. "What do you mean? You act like you have been here before. Have you?"

"No, I have not, but we met someone from here before. She's an immortal now and- it's really complicated. Says she was a ghost then she was in a thing with a robot and a dragon and then- yea. Complicated. She has been acting as your emissary for few decades now, eighty years just about."

"I don't have to tell you how insane you sound, and I'm the one talking to an alien," she replied coolly.

Ruben finally stood up off of the ground, dragging his chair back to the table and sitting down next to Eekeeya again. "I know, that's the thing. It's nuts. Everything is. The first world we found had flying reptiles that ate people and bragged about it. Totally nuts. Buuut, it's true. That's how I got here, the Manifold Nexi are the magic things. That's why I can speak your language. You can take this guy off somewhere and start torturing him and he won't understand a thing you say. I speak everything. Try me."

What he said seemed consistent, given his comrade hadn't spoken a word in Kaerelean yet or otherwise. "I don't think that's necessary. You say you arrived here and can understand us by 'magic.' How is that exactly? I don't believe in magic...you'll find many Kaereleans don't."

"Probably a low magic world than. Maybe even a dead-end planet with only one connection. The fact that your continents are flying, however, leads me to believe that you have some form of metaphysical effects here. Gabby did say that you had no inherent powers though, and she is proof. I mean, not the immortal part, we have no clue why she is immortal. Unless she is your champion... that might make sense. That doesn't line up with my experience though, or her dragon friends'. Hmm. Well, that is a topic for someone else to research. Did the coppers tell you about the drones I told them about?"

"I'm aware that it will be making a return, and I do have some questions about that. What exactly is it bringing and why?"

"No, no, a second drone. I think. You didn't shoot down the first one, did you?" Dan checked his wrist, and invisible display being projected onto his eye by his helmet. "And the other one is bringing some lab equipment to take samples of blood, air, soil, all that sorta stuff. We need to make sure diseases are relatively similar so that we don't all drop dead over a little cough and what not. We had a bad experience with that once."

"That sounds like there would be more of you coming," Hynaiha said, "is that the intent?"

"It is. More of us for a small administrative and research group, not more than a thousand, and immigration rights will follow. We do pretty strict reviews, and it isn't terribly cheap, but travel never is. I think. I mean, it is for the dragons but they have massive wings. Nevermind them though, they won't come over until us Terrans set things up. All with your consent, of course. We already have documents drafted that will be coming on the third aircraft. However, until our work in making sure the world is safe is done, we are not going to have any more come over."

"So, let me summarize so I can make sure I understand," she said, inching forward in her seat, "You want us to consent to your people bringing over what is essentially the start of an occupational force?"

"Well... I guess you could look at it that way. That's not the spirit of the mission, though. We are looking to bring this planet into the coalition with the other six we have found, on equal terms with them. Personally, all politics and such aside, I do believe the technology we have to share is well worth joining."

"And what is the spirit of your mission?" Hynaiha asked curiously, "If everything is prepared for some sort of treaty as you say, you must count for the planets you discover saying 'no' to it as well. What happens then?"

"Well the spirit is to make sure that first relations go well... sorta... and again, a lot of it is about making sure we can all get sick together and not worry about dying. You see, if they could, they would send the diplomats and everyone ahead of time, but for some reason things just don't work until the right champion is present. Mr Eekeeya over here is actually the champion of their Nexi, immortal and all that, plus he is able to sense souls. Don't ask about it, we don't even know what that does right now. As for if you say no, I still need to be able to go home, right? To do that we need to find the Nexus or Nexi of your planet and build our little base around it and send ourselves back. Easy as that. Sorta. Really that just means an armed occupation of a very small space with some administration and diplomats for if you ever do want to join. Shitty deal off the bat, but it's a start. Besides, we are currently the only ones who can actually bridge between the worlds that we know of. Once we get across more equipment, I can start teaching you all about the massive reptiles and flying bat men-" Ruben's leg shifted again with another kick from his comrade. "-of places beyond your own galaxy, your own universe. We are offering this incredible key to freedom, ironically, at the cost of some freedom. You give us authority to step in above the UCK and pull some strings every now and then to try and improve the life of citizens of every world and in return you are no longer alone. I don't know about here, but back on Earth, we already got to another planet in our solar system and we were realising that we were going to be bound to our playpen for eternity, never mind getting to the back yard. Do you get me?"

Hynaiha listened to the man's rambling explanation intently, then took a moment before reply. "I get you. But you're going to have to go before the UCK and explain all of this. The process of informing the peoples of Kaereal will be difficult in and of itself. I wouldn't look for us to be signing anything immediately."

"We generally take a few of our co-ordinated years, a period of time similar to yours, to get things together and administrated all the way up. Really, if anything, a united planet should be the easiest thing to integrate yet. You already did all the legwork for us. Buuut, that is not quite my job here. Mostly, I am looking to act as a messenger and the technician for that lab equipment that is going to be here soon. Best solution I can think of for right now is to get us a sterile laboratory you can lock us up in for when we need to get work done and then let us out to roam to investigate any particular places of interest you can think of. Once we have all our basic gear I can send word back for the Kaerelean we have to be transferred over as well. I assume she will want to come."

Hynaiha wasn't quite sure what to think other than that these beings seemed determined to find whatever it is they were looking for on Kaereal and claim it as their own, even if it wasn't theirs to start with. It wasnt her place to pass judgement on the two visitors. All of this information would have to be presented to the UCK and sorted there. She cleared her throat and sighed. "For now, it seems you need that equipment you spoke of. And it will allow you to speak face to face to us without all of -she gestured to their suits- that?"

"The equipment will only tell us about major differences in disease makeup. Once we have that we can make some immunisation patches back on our planet and they'll start coming over and distribution is up to you. Actually... Do you have disease control or research centers? That would help us out immensely."

"Our research facilities would all be on the Kinte continent," she replied, "Right now, however, I think I need to make a wave call. Much of what has been reported has claimed your presence as a practical joke. A folly for the Flight Festival. "

"Really? Well I guess that makes sense, I don't look nearly as alien here compared to Eskii. Ah, does your culture have any problems with bats or reptiles? I assume you know what those are."

"I'm not familiar with exaclty what you mean, but if you're asking what your partner looks like to us...he looks like he could be a strange beast from the Wilds. Which is partly why some people believe your landing was a joke. But others may be more fearful of him."

"I suppose. I think he's a pretty strange beast myself." Eekeeya turned, staring at Ruben through his mask. "Alright bud, you can go clear now."

The black cone over his head turned clear, revealing a frost white scaled bat-like creature underneath. He had icy blue eyes and a pale pink nose right at the edge of his helmet. Just over his head, massive ears were pinned down to fit in the helmet. He managed a smile at the humans, thiugh he did look rather irritated with his partner.

Hynaiha sat back a little, her green eyes scanning over the creature in front of her. The guards behind her gripped their sides arms, shifting uneasily. She held out a graceful hand, telling her escorts to be at ease. Or as much relaxed as they would get. "I see," she replied, as her eyes flicked to Ruben, "His name?"

"Eekeeya. Ekkeya Y'Deskiin. He's a Skii, I am coming here from their planet. It was integrated about twenty years ago, and was just a bit more advanced than this one. I would let him introduce himself, but he does not have my affinity to languages."

"Eekeeya Y'Deskiin," she repeated. Her accent seemed to make his name run together into one long sentence, " I'm sure we'll have some questions for you as well. But don't be offended if you find you welcome a little less...warm...considering what you'll look like to most. "

"She says your scaly-ass is ugly." The reptile rolled his eyes, looking over to the corner of the room before his mask shifted black again. "I think I remember talking to the Kaerealean on our planet about the Wilds once. It's full of monsters and such, right? Uninhabitable? We can probably help to secure ground down there."

"The planet surface is very much uninhabitable," she nodded, "Between many of the beasts and poison gas fogs, expeditions into the wilds are dangerous and nearly impossible. Many continents have out lawed them all together. You mentioned this Kaerelean before, but I still don't understand how one of our people would have ended up with you. The UCK will want to speak with her as well. You said it was possible for then to come here, yes? I feel that portion of your story will still look like an elaborate hoax to some."

"We are about to open another portal in your sky and a computer driven drone following complex AI algorithms will deliver lab equipment that this planet has never seen before. I don't think the hoax issue will last for long. Again, as soon as we get our communications equipment, I will send word to my people to ask her to come. As for how she got to us... We aren't too clear on that either. It's not something we have been able to verify at all, just myth."

Hynaiha nodded and rose to her feet. "The patrols will intercept the craft and this equipment, but I can't tell you if or when that will be released to you. In the mean time, I have made arrangements for the two of you to be moved to Kinte under guard. That will be happening within the next few hours. Do you have any questions for me before I leave? I have many wave calls to make."

"Yea, you got any portable music players?"

"We have a wave, I'll see if I can get you one," she replied, "Is there a particular reason you want one"

"Nope, I just like music." Ruben smiled at the representative.

She raised a brow at Ruben and gave him a coy little smile. "Fair enough, but one would think that an 'advanced' species such as yourself would have included that in his lab equipment." Then she walked at the door, her skirt-like pants swishing with her even strides as her guards followed suit. There was distinct click when the door closed, informing the two inside that the exit was locked.

<<Scaly-ass. You're the ass Ruben.>>

"Bah. You like it, don't you.

<<Oh fuck off, try to be a little professional. Apes are not my type anyway.>>

"I spent a looong time stuck with a bunch of lewd dragons, buddy, it's natural when you get as old as I am."

<<Maybe you should be in a home instead of on missions then.>>

Hynaiha walked passed to the main office, her guards by her side, and stopped on front of the desk Ayrn sat at scribbling on a notepad. "Ayrn is it?" The boy looked up and immediately sat straight backed, running his hands through his dark hair. "Aye...I mean yes ma'am..." "You were the one who saw the craft and made first contact correct?" "Yes, ma'am." "You'll be accompanying us to Kinte in a few hours. I will wave call your family to let them know. The UCK will want to speak with you." Aryn nodded, but his eyes were wide. Going in front of all of the continents representatives did not appeal at all.

Hynaiha left the boy and went out to her skimmer for a moment, sitting in the front seat and resting hsr head back. She hadn't believed it but the proof was sitting in there and what they proposed...or thought they could force...might end well or it could start a war.

1 Tick mark later, the door to their room opened and an officer came in carrying a round cylinder with dials at the top and what appeared to be an antenna. He leaned down and plugged the object into a wall port with a strange round cord and flicked on the dial. Soft, gentle music began to come from the tube accompanied by a sad singing. "Compliments of the rep," the officer said as he retreated from the room.

"Officer, before you ho I just need to step outside for a moment. My airplane has arrived but I can't tell it to deliver what it needs to before it gets a signal, and I can't really get one in here. If I can go outside I can call it over and have it drop."

"You want me to just let you outside?" The officer replied skeptically, "You're not supposed to be going anywhere. The rep said whatever you have arriving is being picked up by Kaerelean specialty officers first "

"Well I hope they aren't shooting my drones down, those things don't land."

"No, just flying along side for now. Waiting for it to do whatever its going to do. We were under the impression it would drop whatever equipment it needed and be on its way."

"It's waiting for me to tell it to do something, but I can't reach it from here. I do have an extending antenna built in too, but I really should be outside to reach it. This planet seems to have some strong electromagnetic fields to it."

The officer sighed and started toward the door. "I'll give them a wave. " He left for a minutes mumbling as he did, then returned with two armed guards similarly dressed to the ones that accompanied the rep. "Only you," he said pointing at Ruben, "Your friend stays here and Ceina goes with you." He jabbed his thumb at the large guard to his right.

"Alright. Don't go anywhere, Eekeeya, I'll bee right back."

<<Ha. Ha. Very funny.>> Ruben stood up and followed the officer out of the room, keeping his body language casual and relaxed.

The officer lead him outside where the light was beginning to fade. "Call your ship," Ciena ordered gruffly.

The world really was beautiful. Worlds Ruben corrected himself. It had been a long road to this point across such vast distances, yet sights like this still managed to move him, even if just a bit. "I do you want me to call it or to drop the equipment? Ah, I'll just call it. We'll need that stuff with us anyway." A long, thin antenna slowly telescoped out of the left side of the pack nearly flush on his back, ending a good two meters over his head. "Aaand it is enroute. Hmm. Interesting atmospheric data, very little carbon dioxide in the air for being post-industrial... And a lot of background electromagnetic radiation, as I expected."

Last edited:
Back