[Closed] Another World

marsbat

Dragon Obsessed
Benefactor
@Aaeon

Aaeon stood at the helm of the Skyreaver, a sky ship he found at port in Kolomarh. There was a particular time-space anomaly at his destination. This one isn't like the rest though, it leads outside of this Multiverse, into another Multiverse! Before, he had spoken through it, but no one could hear him, but today... he would send something of himself through it. The chosen object was a dagger he found a while ago and embedded some of his spatial energy into. Hopefully the spatial energy would allow it to go through where his words could not. "Here goes nothing." He then takes out the Space Dagger and drops it through the rift, and it dissapears into it's darkness.

Following the daggar's drop, the rift began to close itself. Just before sealing completely, a confused looking scale covered humanoid bat appeared before Aaeon, squeeking in suprise.

Aaeon briefly took out his notebook, and wrote some notes down, then put it away. "Hello unknown creature." and extended a disembodied hand.

The bat looked at his hand cautiously, holding his winged arms back for a second before reaching out to shake. He spoke, but his squeeky language was foreign to Aaeon.

"Amazing" Aaeon awed. He had never found a creature he couldn't understand before! behind him he summoned two more floating hands and his notebook. "Let's see, what do we call you..." He mumbled as he flipped through the pages, looking for anything similar to the bat-like creature.

The bat spoke at him, calming down a little as his voice became less squeeky, but he was still far from understandable.

Aaeon was once again puzzled... the closest thing to this creature he could find was the creatures from 54th dimentional-Earth, but those weren't scaled, or could talk for that matter. He took back his hand and gestured to the door to the inside of the ship, where the controlls were. "Let's get somewhere less... cold."

The creature walked along with him to the door cautiously, still unsure what was happening. He pointed at himself and spoke. "Mars, y aski Skee."

"I'm... gonna call you mars then." Aaeon said as he opened the door. "I'm Aaeon."

"Aeein?" Mars asked. He spoke more in his own language, gesturing incoherently and trying to ask questions.

"Close enough. Come, sit." Aaeon offered as he entered the room and took a seat himself. But as he sat, he suddenly had an idea. What if, when he dropped the dagger, it caused some sort of exchange? the Dagger for this creature?

"Great..." he thought. "If it's from another Multiverse, not even my translation stones will work."

Mars looked around the room, trying to find a map or something to write with. He had read stories about people who went into space and met aliens, and he was getting ideas of how to communicate now. One astronaut had found aliens who tried to put him in a zoo until he showed them a sequence of prime numbers, maybe he could do something similar.

Meanwhile, Aaeon was having a "Eureka!" moment. "This is amazing. I hadn't thought of this until now, but for this to even worktherewouldneedtobeakindofmulti-multiverseand..." He ranted off just above a whisper. He finally brought out a larger notebook and a pen. He needed to write down some hypothesis.

Mars squeeked excitedly, pointing to the pen and paper and putting his hound out to ask for it.

"Do you... want to use my notebook?" Aaeon asked, snapped out of his rant. "okay..." He then handed Mars the notebook and pen.

Mars wrote quickly, marking out a sequence of tallies of primes up to 11 before drawing a diagram of his solar system with a little arrow pointing to his planet. He handed it back with a squeek.

"Interesting..." Aaeon quickly drew a diagram of his own solar system on the next page, then set the notebook down on a table near his chair. "Intelligent- not that there was any doubt - and originating from a solar system exceedingly similar to my own." He then scribbled down a diagram of a tri-nigenocen atom- something unique to the 42nd dimension -and pointed to it.

Mars seemed excited at the diagram of the atom, taking the pen and drawing out a represebtation of hydrogen fusion on his own page.

"hmmm... so you don't know about Tri-Nigenocen... meaning there's no 42nd Dimension where you come from." He put a hand on his chin before taking out a second pen(so they didn't have to constantly switch using it) and began to write down symbols... Kolomarhian. It was once said to be the easiest written language to understand. [Hello] it read.

Mars shrugged, not sure what the paper read. He began to sketch out a rocket, then drew a line from Aaeon's solar system on the other page to his.

"Good-for-nothing Kolomarhian." Aaeon grumbled. He then drew an approximation of the rift and drew an arrow from it to each solar system, then tapped the drawing with the capped pen.

Mars shut one eye in thought, but he still did not quite get where he was. He checked the pocket of his tye-dye shorts and pulled out his wallet, driver's licence clear in the plastic id slot. He shrugged, still wondering how to communicate with the being.

Aaeon sees for the first time with this creature, something he recognizes. He summons his own wallet from his Infinity Cape and removes his... er, ex-him's ID. He didn't look too different from how he did back then, so he showed it to Mars. Hopefully a common occurrence would help.

Mars looked at the license, and while none of the symbols were familiar, the format was. He drew a picture of his head with lines coming from it in arcs and then a picture of the top-hat toting man before him.

Aaeon drew the rift again, this time in between the pages slightly, and drew his and Mars' visages on Aaeon's solar system side then an arrow into the rift. Then he drew an arrow going out of the rift into Mars' Solar System. He let this sink in for a few seconds, then drew a lock over the rift, and a key in Mars' side. Quickly realizing something, he drew a "1" above the locked rift and a "2" above the other one.

Mars shook his head, speaking in his squeaky tongue as he tried to make clear that he was trying to figure out how to talk to eachother.

This conversation going nowhere, Aaeon decided to add in a variable he had previously dismissed. He summoned two small stones from his Infinity Cape. He handed one to Mars then gestured to his ear. Aaeon lifted his stone to approximately where his ear would be. "I hope this works."

"I don't know why you are asking me to put rocks in my ears. You don't even have nice ears. Strange creature."

"It worked!" Aaeon exclaimed. "Who would've thought, a simple Translation Stone can bridge the language gap between Multiverses!"

"Simple? What is going on here? Where am I? I was just flying around and now I'm here. Aeein?"

Aaeon cleared his throat. "Well, I maaaaay have accidentally exchanged something from my world for you."

"Well... what is your world? Where am I? How many light-years from Erskii am I?"

"We are currently on a Skyship above the Country of Arondight. This realm hasn't unlocked space-travel yet, so I can't tell you where your home is, sorry." He then pulled out two mugs. "Tea or Coffee?"

"Eh... Tea. What do you mean this realm? How is the ship flying? Nothing here makes any sense. I thought aliens were supposed to be more advanced, not less."

"Well, you see, Realms are pretty much versions of Earth except displaced in Space and TIme..." He took out a kettle and poured piping-hot tea into one mug. He filled the other with coffee, handing the tea to Mars. "They're connected by Rifts, or Anomalies. But that doesn't matter much since your world is part of a completely different Multiverse."

"They are soil? Yes, most planets are soil in different places. How can my planet be in a... multiverse? That sounds like bizarre fiction."

"Gezze, I have to explain the Multiverse? *Sigh" He flipped to a new page in the notebook. "Think about this..." He drew a spiral galaxy. "My universe exists as just one star out of hundreds there are in just one spiral galaxy. Within the galaxy you can easily go from star to star, planet to planet." He then drew another galaxy and separated the two with a line. "Now your world is the same; you can go from star to star fairly easily... but you cannot go from one galaxy to another easily. There's the Multi-Multiversal wall in the way. I somehow managed to find a hole in the Multi-Multiversal wall." He continued. "Within the multiverse, each universe holds the same exact people, just with different personalities and history. But across two multiverses, it's a new slate completely."

"So I wasn't abducted by aliens, I just fell in a... hole, between these galaxies? Does that mean you know nothing about where I came from too?"

"F'raid so." Aaeon took a sip of his coffee... and immediately spat it out."Bleh, not enough creamer..."

"Uh... So, how do I get back home? Can I get back home?"

"Multi-Multiverses are strange things. I'm the only person insane enough to research them." He poured more creamer into his coffee from a bottle. "Once a rift in the wall closes, the strength of the wall returns, so punching another hole in it is impossible... we'll need to find another naturally-made rift in the wall." He took a sip... just right. "In fact, this was something I tried to convey to you in the notebook."

"What am I supposed to do then? Follow you around until you happen to find the right hole that I came from and then send me there?"

"No, I think we can do something more active." He stood after downing his coffee. "But for right now we both need some rest. by my calculation, you should be passing out from universe-lag right about..." There was a *Thud* as Mars fell down. "...now."

Aaeon sighed and picked Mars up off the floor. He carried him into the ship's guest room and laid him on the bed. Exiting the room, he cracked his knuckles and stepped up to the wheel and spun the ship 180 degrees. He felt the ship jolt as he pushed the acceleration lever, putting the Skyreaver into cruse towards Kolomarh.

Last edited:
Mars woke the next morning to find Aaeon fast asleep sitting on a chair in the guest room, his small notebook in one hand. He stood, his large feet quiet on the floor below him. His head was throbbing slightly like he had fallen on it, but he didn't remember anything like that. His tail dragged on the floor behind him sleepily as he wandered, looking for some sort of bathroom in the ship.

"This way, Other-Multivertion." Came a slightly synthesized voice, and a door slid open, to a hallway. "The room you require is down this hall."

"Eeve?" Mars asked, walking down the hall.

Back