[CLOSED] Seeking: Political Intrigue? Royal Drama? Adventure?

BrookeDi

Benefactor
Ilvoran was once a thriving country. The nation is ruled by a monarchy and in current power is the Devereaux family. The Devereaux's have been in power for the last several hundred years, and the nation has been fairly prosperous under their rule, particularly in recent years.

All great things, however, must come to an end.

Due to [soon-to-be decided] circumstances, the economy is crumbling. People are looking for someone to blame, and fingers are pointing. The Royal Family has not yet been blamed, at least by the people. There is, however, discontent among some royal advisors.

... and that's about all I have. I have some other vague and not-so-vague ideas rolling around, but since I want this to be a collaborative work, I don't want to create everything and force that upon you. If I get anyone interested, we'll discuss ideas and hopefully come to some decisions about the finer details.

What I'm Looking For:
- Looking for a partner who is willing to play multiple characters, do a bit of world-building, plot some things and yanno, do some writing.
- Multiple plot lines (like a TV show where sometimes we focus on what's happening with certain characters, and sometimes we focus on other aspects of the story).
- I think this will work best in a 1x1 (that's how I'm proposing this, anyway) or maybe a small group of 3-4, so depending on if I get any interest will depend on how that's decided.
- The frequency of posts: I'd like if it wasn't every month or so, but I'm really not going to be picky. All that I ask if you're no longer interested, for whatever reason (you don't even have to share the reason), let me know and we can have as much time between posts as you want. I can give a firm commitment to a minimum of once per week (I can sometimes do more than that, but I don't want to commit to more than that), but it's also going to depend on how long our posts are going to be and what is going on and such.
- I want spies, drama, backstabbing, rebellion, hiding, adventure.

I guess what all of the above boils down to is, communication. Let me know if you're ditching, let me know if you want something added or taken away, just let me know.

What I don't care about:
- I don't care about post length. Ideally, enough that there something to work with, but my posts are going to vary depending on what's going on, so.

What I have in Mind:
Specific
- I have this image of some backstabbing event where someone within the castle takes over ruling the people. How this happens, exactly, I'm not sure but the specifics I do have in mind are of at least one member of the royal family, and maybe a trusted advisor or bodyguard or something escaping and living in hiding.
- Traveling.
- Small kingdom, fantasy/medieval type setting.
- Ilvoran is the country. It has some influences from real-world countries, but we can make up any customs or whatever.
- I do like the idea of the royal family being well-liked by the people, so they the escapees may have some sympathizers. Maybe the people started to blame them?

Vague
- Political Drama (including backstabbing family members and other internal drama within the country)
- Outside drama (war with another nation?)

I'm super open to ideas. I just have this vague craving for a story that mixes up drama with adventure with... I don't know what. I think that with some brainstorming, we can make an interesting story, so if there is something you want to add, change, etc. about any of the stuff I've outlined above, I'm open to it.

Also, I left a lot of stuff vague about the makeup of the country (is it an isolated island, is it bordered closely by other nations? I want this to be our world, together, so we can discuss how it's set up which will determine their relationships with allies, enemies, etc.)

This is already long, rambling, and slightly disorganized so I'll leave it at this for now and see if anyone bites.

I'm getting some vague Game of Thrones vibes and so far definitely digging what you have. I'll hit you up and we can discuss a bit more.

Hello! I've been interested in some sort of political intrigue roleplay for a while now, and this sort of thing seems really cool! Definitely interested :)

Hello! I've been interested in some sort of political intrigue roleplay for a while now, and this sort of thing seems really cool! Definitely interested :)
Send me a PM and we'll see if we can't figure something out. :>

Back