The Masquerade Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unexpected absence...

Just wanted to apologize and say that things have been hectic here.

Family gatherings, shopping trips, holiday stuff. I've spent more time with my in-laws than I have my own home.

I have not forgotten you all, and will be in full RP mode. Weekends are tenuous.

I'm so confused...
So, I want the character I'm building to be a high ranking Anarch, if not the Baron himself with approval. However, I would like for him to be part of a independent clan at that, maybe to the point where it's not even a clan and more a group of rogues.

Would something like that be chill to do?.

Well, Anarchs are Anarchs and independent (single) Vampires are just that... Independent. One cannot be the Baron if they are Independent. They would be an Anarch, in charge of leading other Anarchs. Brujah holds the bulk of Anarch society. Filthy little sons of... AHEM... anywho. We could discuss making your character the Baron, but I would prefer to make sure you at least understand the character you'll be playing first. That way you aren't jumping into a roll you don't fully comprehend. Not meant as an insult, just a reasonable request. n.n

I was just curious (cause I saw Salazar doing a bit of this) if vampires can use magic. I knew that they were able to be superhuman, but Salazar is pulling swords out of thin air (bloody portals to nether realms, to be specific) and lighting fires and such with a snap of fingers. I'm not entirely familiar with the V:TM world, so I'm just a bit curious.

Salazar has "Friends" that use magic. He himself can not use magic, but he can use simple magic tools. Mostly spells he has tattooed on his flesh. Blood magic is a thing though along with low level powers. This is a rules light V:Tm mostly just role play. The powers are mostly there so people are not taken off guard when you use them.

Aye, the Disciplines are more for story/RP enhancement, but be that as it may, I don't like straying too far off into left field. Portals into nether-regions, creating something from nothing, etc. If it isn't a Discipline of your Clan, then it technically -shouldn't- be played.

For example, Alexander is the Prince of the city's Camarilla. That doesn't mean he can turn younger Kindred to ash with just a thought.

It is loose-rule RP, but most aspects remain true to form.

Is Salazar's use of a blood magic to call some weapons to him explicable, as long as he pays a blood price ? He himself can't work magic but a friend of his can and tattoo's blood magic enchantments on his skin. (Though he does have to get them touched up ) I have not dug to far into V:TM's magic system. So I am not sure if that is a thing or not.

He himself can't work magic, because he is Brujah, not Tremere. It isn't in his set of learned Disciplines. Not his niche/forte.

For me, a Brujah who has these things on a whim seems a bit like god-Moding, especially when nothing is mentioned about it on his character sheet.

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/rules.699/

We are loose-rule RP here, in terms of Disciplines, but I don't want us straying too far from the core setup.

Hello, Kine and Kindred alike!!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I know I haven't been very active these last few days. We've had a lot of holiday stuff happen. Shopping trips, family gatherings, all that good fun stuff.

I just wanted to reassure you that I am still very much here. Once the holiday season has passed, I will be able to be much more attentive.

Thank you for your understanding, and for those of you that celebrate it... Merry Christmas.

This RP stil active? Looks like fun, and I have a thing for vampires (reading thru the glossary area, its a bit more detailed, you sure put efort in-to fleshing out the world). But I got ideas for a char or 2!

This fell apart quite a while ago, unfortunately. The GM and a couple other folks disappeared. Its jut me and one or two others as the sole survivors.

Hey about Shroud Of Night; if my char casted it, wuld she her-self be able to see thru her own spell, or wuld it also afect her sight? The description isnt clyar on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back