Interest Check Community Project Mixed Genre Open Sandbox Roleplay w/ Forum and Chat Roleplay

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
Okay, so our staff where discussing the idea of getting a few roleplay niches filled, and this is the idea currently in the works. This idea would combine both an 'everyone welcome, sandbox world' with some live discord channel options.

I would love to see it run as something of a community project, with the players themselves being the primary people maintaining it. So this interest check is to see who would be interested in participating, but also to see who would be interested in management style roles, or storyteller type roles as well.

We only have a rough write-up for now but it should be enough to give people an idea of what we're going for. If we can garner enough interest, we'll move forward with the project and get cracking on the details.

Setting: A shattered world where the barriers between all the realms and verses has crumbled and resulted in complete chaos, and a true sandbox 'anything can go' setting. There would be a single massive city called 'Nexus' that would function as a stabilizing force within the universe. It would be a continuous location with a continuous setting that serves as a sort of IC recruitment location to find characters for story-arcs. The city of Nexus would be a bridge connecting to multiple stabilized fragments of the world. These fragments would be IC continuous settings for officially fronted plot lines and continuous stories within the universe. Rifts and shattered/unconnected regions would also exist and serve as non-continuous settings/locations so players can split off and do their own thing at any time without worry of needing to incorporate a larger story-line. It would allow people to create threads of literally any genre/setting, or combination of genres/settings as needed.

This is how it would be structured.
  • Nexus
    • Nexus OOC Forums
      • Nexus News & Events
      • Nexus Character Profiles
      • Nexus General Out-of-Character
    • Nexus IC Forums
      • Nexus -> (Nexus City Location Threads. Sort of an IC location to pick up characters/players for story-lines in the Shattered Isles/Rifts)
      • Shattered Isles -> Official continuous locations/settings accessible from Nexus for official threads/official plot-lines run by GMs.
      • Rifts - > Non-nexus connected/non-stabilized/non-continuous location threads player created plot-lines (private threads/specific genres allowed)
    • Nexus Archives
And on the chat side of things it could be treated like the rifts. Players would be free to jump in, and nothing needs to be continuous. People would also be welcome to convert their chat stuff to a rift thread if they wanted to.
  • Nexus Discord Chat
    • Nexus -> A general open-join meet-up location
    • A few generalized/common genre open-join channels
    • Mixed-genre anything goes open-join channel
    • A few private channels for people to split off into that are 'ask to join if something is going on' channels.

Last edited:
Mmm... might be a good place to bring my LeBeau girls.

This sounds like fun, I'm game!

I'm definitely interested in having the ability to do some drop-in chat-style writing at times.

Glad to see so much early interest! We got a lot of the roleplay setup today, but have more work to do on it yet tomorrow before we can open it up for viewing. We also will be looking for someone to fill one of our GM spots, and a few people interested in Storyteller roles.

GMs will be responsible for settling any conflicts or disputes that might arise in the roleplay. They're more of an OOC support role. Storyteller's can be anyone, and are just people interested in creating storylines for people to join.

So if either of these sounds like something you would be interested in, please let me know.

Anyone can be! To be a storyteller, you just need to have an idea for a storyline to run in the Shattered Isles area of the roleplay :) If you already have an idea (or ideas) feel free to PM rough notes to me if you want. So I can get an idea of what people will be launching.

Oooo that sounds super interesting! I like the idea of people being able to jump in and out without it really messing everything up!

I was scrolling through the forums and found this. It's not the first time I've seen this type of thing (ill add the story after showing my review), but when I played another game that had this, it was beautiful. I love this idea, and I love story's that can happen with this.

Story Time: My friend Adam created an unofficial little RPG that involved a tiny bit of LARPing (Live Action Role Play). Basically, it took place in the real world. But portals started appearing and they led to different video games. You could bring any IRL object with you, as long as it fit the genre. For example, I had this plastic Minecraft sword, and I brought it with me to the Mario world. Since Mario had a tiny category of Fantasy, it turned to a real iron sword. But when I brought it with me to the Metal Gear Solid world, it was just a plain plastic sword. The fun part was that you could form relationships with the characters of those worlds (I was friends with Murio and Lugie). A funny thing that happened in the game was when I was in the MGS world. I decided to play MGS while in MGS, and the world got destroyed. It was a fun game, though it was homemade XD

Okay! The Nexus Forum is up and running!

It's a little bare bones for now, but it'll fill out as we get some Shattered Isle worlds added and as people start branching out. For now I set up two threads in Nexus City for people to use as starting points.

Shattered Isle storylines will be coming soon, but I wanted to go ahead and get the general Nexus area and Rift Worlds forums opened up for people to use this weekend since I work tomorrow.

To join just post your character(s) into the character profiles forum and dive on in. And remember, this is largely a player driven roleplay, so you have a lot of freedom to create your own story directions outside of the Shattered Isle arcs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Just a reminder, we have this up and running now! Still need some people interested in some of the posted plot lines if anyone takes an interest.

and

Back