Conley Brothers

As they got closer it became evident what sort these were. To Felix, it was comfortable. Dark like him. To his sister the mere amount of dark energy would be crippling.

The group were seated around the fire, the leader of thr group appeared to be working some form of magic as the fire flashed blue and purple

--

She pouted a little "oh come. Just this once. Felix need never know and you will be right with me right? Whay could happen"

Felix blinked at the light, undisturbed by the dark magic. To him, all magic felt the same. He could not use any of it though he could sense it all, but despite the ability to sense it, it did not affect him. To him, it was nothing more than wind or water currents. Sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker, sometimes warmer, sometimes colder. He did not know that his resistance to magic with his senses was rare, and he wouldn't have cared if he had known. Now his only interest was calculating the best way to kill each person at the fire should his Master request it.

~~

Leon dramatically placed the back of his hand against his forehead. "Oh, my darling sister! If only you knew what horrors have followed that lightly spoken phrase, 'What could happen?' You would never sleep again!" He sighed theatrically and studied her. "I will consider it. I suppose it would not hurt if you looked at them, maybe tried one or two on, but I am not promising to buy anything!"

There were three at the fire perhaps others in the tent. Two men and one other at least. One was seated, pale white white hair sporting thick glasses but he didn't look that old despite the white hair.

The taller man stood tossing things into the fire and muttering a chant under his breath.

-

Camilla grinned "I'll take it!" She said cheerfully. Much happier than she had been in days. "Give me just a momemt to change!"

"These ones, Master?" Keith asked quietly. "They are strong, Master." He wasn't particularly worried, just stating facts.

~~

Leon gave her a wink. "I would wait all night for the pleasure of walking through town with you on my arm."

He gave a nod as he approached the camp "up to your old tricks Marcel?" He spoke up as he got close to the group.

The tall man paused and looked over "Felix! There you are old friend" he tossed in one more item that cause the fire to flare up bright red then fade back to a normal blaze

"Was starting to wonder if you'd show"

--

Camilla grinned "you flatter me brother" she leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before she closed the door to change

Keith said nothing, staying close to his Master but taking care not to crowd him. He did not trust this crowd, but that wasn't saying much. It would be more impressive if he did trust someone.

~~

Leon's smile was sad as he watched her go. "You deserve so much more than this," he whispered, "but how could you ever possibly find it safely?"

"I sent word to you not the other way" he smirked and walked over to join them at the fire, seemed comfortable with these folk.

The pale man watched them, particularly Keith "this is a friend you mentioned yes? The one we will work with?" He asked, head tilted as he watched

Felix nodded "Yes"

--

Camilla of course didn't hear him and seemed happy enough to just be allowed out, it was as though all her questions and doubts were washed away again.

She was only gone a few minutes before she opened the door again. Dressed in one of her nicer plain dresses and simple shoes. Fine quality but simple. "Ready!"

"I answer to Master Felix. Master Felix says you answer to me so we can protect the Circus," Felix said calmly, tipping his head slightly as he studied the pale man.

~~

Leon's smile was back to its usual brightness as he took her in. "Beautiful! Simply breathtaking! I cannot see why you would ever want a new, shiny dress. They could not possibly live up to your standards of beauty, but if you insist..." He held out his arm to her, his eyes twinkling merrily. "I will take you to the bright lights of the big city! We should be back in time for you to feed your little pet thing."

(You mean Keith XD)

The pale mans eyes flashed to Marcel.
"Relax. Felix has called a favor. We will assist however he needs" Marcel said calmly before looking over at him "it is delightful to meet you Keith. Felix speaks your praise"

--

"Mm you flatter me brother. I know how you are" she teased and stepped down to take his arm but paused at his next statement "pet? Felix hasn't gone and gotten me a cat or something has he?"

(Curses! Too many Felix's in a row.)

Keith's eyes narrowed a little in pleasure. His Master spoke well of him! "Master is kind and good. He says you are very good and will help to keep the Darkness in its proper place."

~~

Leon hesitated then cursed himself for the slip. Of course Felix had taken away her memory of that... weird spikey thing. Great. That wasn't complicated at all. He tried to cover it with a guilty look and a quick duck of the head. "Oh, he hasn't... um... I said nothing about any pet!" He gave her a mournful look. "Certainly not before he had a chance to tell you about it!"

The pale man scowled but said nothing, letting Marcel speak

"But of course. There must be balance after all. There are those who forge that" he agreed, knowingly.

"Then you and yours will agree to my terms?" Felix asked.

"They were reluctant but I showed them the contracts" he pulled them out of nowhere "I made some adjustments though. We will assist and obey but we will not be owned by you"

Felix smirked "notjing gets by you Marcel"

--

Camilla smiled and shook it off. More excited about shopping and going out on the town "come on! No time to waste. The shops will close soon"

Keith smiled suddenly. "You do good tricks. Vlad will like you," he stated, not that he knew or actually cared if the pair would get along. Vlad made things appear out of nowhere. This fellow - Marcel? - made things appear out of nowhere. Therefore, the two were similar. He settled now that contracts had made an appearance, content that his Master was fully in control. He did not fully understand the contracts, only that they meant the other person obeyed Master. Did he need to understand anything else?

~~

Leon laughed and led her through the circus eagerly.

"Vlad?" Marcel repeated but Felix waved it off "no one of consequence" he said as he took the contracts and looked over the changes "these terms are agreeable" Felix summoned a quill and used his blood to add his signature. Nice and easy transaction.

"Good! Now. To celebrate! Viviana! The drinks please!" Marcel called cheerfully.

"I told you. It's V and I'm not your drink bearer" the voice came from the shadows, thr fire hadn't even lit up her face until she allowed it, having been standing by the entire time

--

Camilla followed his lead, blissfully unaware of her altered memory "what color of a dress do you think? You're so much better with style than me"

Keith glanced at her, unsurprised by her presence, but puzzled by her refusal. One should always do whatever their master requested!

~~

Leon enthusiastically started discussing fashion with Camilla and deciding which colors and style would look best on her.

Marcel just chuckled, he seemed good humored. Not like Felix.

Viviana leaned against a tree and frowned at the other. Probably a newer addition to their group.

"Come now V don't be like that"

The young woman rolled her eyes and disappeared into shadow again.

"Don't mond Viviana. She's just a big salty since her sister died"

Keith stared blankly. What did having a sister die have to do with anything? But it was none of his business, so he merely glanced directly at the "V" lady then ignored her. He was a creature of darkness. Hiding in darkness was not a trick that worked on him, as poor Star had found out.

"What's all the commotion out here?" Bevrix growled as he crawled out of the tent. His wild black hair hung about his face as he straightened and tied it back, a harsh sneer on his face.

Marcel smiled, cheerful for one so surrounded in dark energy. His french accent somehow didn't seem to fit either. "My old friend Felix has arrived. As we spoke about" he motioned to Felix and Keith. Felix inclined his head.

A shimmery ghostly figure walked out from behind the tents balancing a tray of cups and a large jug of some sort of alcohol no doubt. The figure was a thin man with his lips stitched shut. A ghost of sorts tbat seemed able to physically touch objects.

It silently walked around and handed out full cups of amber liquid. Probably whisky.

V stood off in thr back. Her eyes glowed the same shimmery blue as the ghost.

"what is up, dude," Bevrix muttered, flashing a quick wave. "How's it hanging?"

Keith instantly looked up for the hanging things. He didn't see any hanging things, so he looked at Felix, puzzled.

Felix smirked a little "just a phrase I beleive" he said to Keith as he accepted the glass from thr ghostly figure.

"You must be Bevrix. Marcel told me about you and your gift. Should be most helpful"

"I am the most helpful, studious, meticulous guy you will ever meet!" Bevrix smirked as he took a glass. "These guys wouldn't have half the power they do without me. It's me and the Boss' brains all the way!"

Keith didn't take the glass, just staring at Bevrix.

"Now, darling," said a voice of pure honey. "Bragging does not become a gentleman such as yourself." A tall, slender woman dressed in gossamer white that was only just opaque enough not to see any details of her perfect body came gliding from the shadows toward them. She turned and smiled at Felix fondly. "Hello, my dear. You are looking well," she purred tenderly.

Bevrix relaxed instantly, his eyes fixed on the long, blonde hair dancing playfully just above the woman's knees.

Back