Conley Brothers

Camilla smiled a little "thanks Kaz but I had better get to my chores. Maybe I'll drop in after the show though"

"Oh, okay. Bye!" Kaz called, clearly disappointed.

Vlad stepped out of the wagon. "It is nearly time for my part of the show. Please stay out of trouble, you two."

The next morning, Bevrix sauntered through the barely stirring circus. He wasn't happy about being up this early, but it was his turn to patrol, so he was patrolling. With Asher. He'd rather go alone and not deal with anyone, but it was the rule. He wasn't sure if he wouldn't rather have V, but whatever. A quick stroll then back to bed!

For his part, Asher stared around in shy, mostly hidden awe and nervousness. There was so much here! So much happening!

Camilla was already up and about, sittkng outside healing q couple of the workers that had cut themselves pretty good that morning working on some repairs.

But it was easy work for Camilla as she healed the wounds with her magic. "Good as new" she smiled

Bevrix walked passed without glancing over, but Asher slowed to a stop and watched. When Bevrix realized the pale fellow was not following, he turned back and joined him. "What, you got a crush on that freak?" he sneered, speaking loud enough for Camilla to hear.

Camilla looked up, feeling a knot in her stomach. She could feel the ring on her finger. She looked human still right?

"Can I help you?" She asked instead of cowering off though she wanted to

"Not unless you have a price, lady. My pal here wants to spend some personal time with you," Bevrix smirked, his eyes sparking.

Asher glanced at him, his red eyes narrowing slightly. Then his gaze went back to Camilla, watching her curiously.

Camilla's cheeks darkened "I don't think my brothers will appeiciate you speaking to me like that" she self consciously made sure her shirt was done up all the way

Bevrix cackled. "Yeah, sure, 'brothers.' Nice to know there's more than one, so you still have a chance!" He went to slap Asher on the back, remember what he could do, and stopped himself. He shook his head dismissively and sauntered off, still snorting in amusement.

Asher ignored Bevrix. The wind puffed his white hair over into his face, and he brushed it out of his eyes. Unlike the twins' silky locks or Keith's gleaming silver locks, his hair was the whiteness of death. It was brittle and dry. No care had gone into it at all in years. If ever. The rest of him looked the same despite the newness of his clothing and the brightness of his eyes. This was someone who was taken care of but had no care for himself.

Camilla quickly but uncomfortably gathered up her kit to make her rounds "unless there is something you actually need...I have work to attend" she said, glancing at Asher

"I'm a healer....I just make sure everyibe has what they need" she answered him "and you're a part of the new security?"

She nodded "it is a gift that I have" she said then hesitated to go on "why don't you come with me...I can show you. Someones always got a cut or two around here" he wasn't as disturbing as the other fellow

His eyes widened slightly in surprise. "That is allowed? You do not need to be... secret?" He glanced toward Bevrix, but it seemed the other wasn't waiting for him any longer and was going on his own.

She smiled and shook her head "not here" she said "just so long as the mundane folk don't realize the truth" she said "but they are easy to fool

"I will come with you," Asher said, stepping back to give her room to lead.

~~

Bevrix, meanwhile, was still exploring the circus and poking around.

"Great" she smiled faintly "I'm Camilla by thr way" she introduced herself as they started walking. Nowhere particular just making her rounds

Asher nodded vaguely without saying anything. He did not mean to be rude, he honestly had no idea he was supposed to introduce himself next. Well, some tiny idea, but he'd forgotten with the distractions of the circus.

Back