Conley Brothers

Asher glanced at her briefly before turning his eyes back to the colorful, fluttering pendants above. "I am Asher. I travel with Marcel," he replied.

Marcel. That name sounded familiar but she couldn't put a face to it. "Asher is a nice name" she said

They soon came to Mimics trailer, he was outside and had just sliced his hand open with his knife he had been using to cut a length of rope.

"Seems I came by just in time" Camilla spoke up.

Mimic looked up "oh..eh yeah..." his eyes fell to Asher "who's this?"

Asher's eyes were on the blood as the ruby droplets pooled in the other's hand and dripped to the earth to stain the ground. Such a waste of so much potential power.

"I am Asher. I am following Camilla," he stated. "There is not enough lipids in your system."

Mimic blinked "enough what?" He was confused, looking at Camilla who shrugged and stepped forward to take his hand "Asher wanted to see what it is I do"

Asher tried not to wince. He wasn't supposed to talk about his power! And he was supposed to be intimidating or at least spooky and mysterious. He set his face and drew himself up. Maybe the other man would be too intimidated and both of them too distracted by his hand to press. He settled for trying to look all-knowing as he watched Camilla take the man's hand.

Last edited:
Mimic raised a brow though and looked at Camilla "is there something wrong with him?" He asked.

Camilla reached up and flicked his nose "be nice"

"Owe hey.." Mimic rubbed his nose

What was going on between these two? It was... puzzeling. The woman, she punished the man, yet he did not seem too worried about it, and she told him to be kind? Asher was struggling to hold onto his facade with the amount of confusion he was feeling.

Camilla looked back down at his hand in hers and gently touched the cut. Her magic glowed softly around their hands and slowly healed the wound shut without a scar "there. All better" she showed Asher "that's what I do"

Asher's eyes widened, and he stepped forward involuntarily to look. "Oh. That is so-" He caught himself and stepped back. "It is a handy little skill to have," he said as flippantly as he could, throwing in an indifferent air. He couldn't help glancing toward Mimic's hand again appreciatively. So smooth and elegant! So perfectly healed!

Camilla found his attempts amusing "you don't have to mask here. You're among friends. It's ok to be curious"

Friends? Asher glanced around but saw no one from Marcel's group. What was she talking about?

To Asher, a "friend" was someone you knew and worked with. Someone who was not likely to stab you in the back at the first opportunity. Not a true friend. He felt no loss as he'd never known the type of friend Camilla mentioned.

He decided to ignore that bit and focused on the curiosity. "It is merely because I have never seen someone so... normal... heal so well," he said, trying without much success to cling to his air of superiority and aloofness.

What is normal is determined by the individual" she said "you are not different or strange. You are you and that is normal. Now pretending to be something else is not normal" she could give this advice but struggled to take it

Asher stared at her, his expression blank. Her simple words of wisdom were so foreign to him that he could not fathom the idea at all. He looked away after a time and eyed Mimic's hand. "There is still blood."

"Well yeah" he grabbed a rag and wiped it off his hand "what were you saying before about my blood?" Mimic asked

"It does not have enough fat," Asher said more simply. "You need more protein in your diet to keep up with your rate of energy expendeture. "

Asher hesitated only a moment. "Yes. By scent," he confirmed. He was not about to admit that Mimic's blood spoke to him. He turned to Camilla and waited for her to lead on to the next problem. This one was taken care of. Why were they dawdling?

"You two could be a good pair heqling people" Mimic noted

"Perhaps so" Camilla smiled "sometimes hard for me to tell "

Asher glanced at Mimic sharply. How did he know Asher could heal?? He hadn't told anyone! Wait, maybe he just thought that because he also thought Asher could smell his bloo. That must be it.

Then his gaze turned to Camilla. Hard for her to tell what? His lips parted to ask then he closed them firmly.

"Not the most talkative are you?" Mimic smirked "well I'd best be off..work to do"

Camilla nodded "us too...come along Asher.."

Back