Conley Brothers

The big animal sniffed his hand then chuffed but eyed Spectra "maybe I'll wait right out here" she said. Wary of the tiger and for good reason.

Kazimir tutted at the tiger. "Rude, but alright. I will come and let you in." He rose and opened the door, stepping aside so Striker could go in first.

Striker climbed up and went right to Adanya, nudging his way to curl around her.

Adanya grumbled, opening her eyes just a little

Vladimir stepped just into the doorway and smiled. "Hello, pretty lady!" he greeted as cheerfully as always, though his voice was softer this time. "Miss Spectra and I came to see how you fared. Striker does not wish Spectra to enter, but he was kind enough to permit me entrance."

She smiled faintly, not even trying to get up "feeling...better Juat tired" she answered, pulling her blanket up a bit to get more comfortable "why did you come?"

She smiled faintly again "people don't uaeually like to be near me..It juat surprises me" she explained, thpugh perhaps id she wasn't as stand offish... that cpuld be different

Kaz looked at her, puzzled. "I do not know why that would be. You are a kind pretty lady with amazing pet companions!" he said, gesturing to Striker. He knew the word "pet" did not properly apply, but he'd intended for it to distinguish the animals from the humans. "Many people would gain much being near you." He paused. "When you are feeling well."

She shool her head lightly "I don't kmow Kazimir...bit I know I like to be near you" she said seriously l. And that was saying something for her, nor liking many humans.

Kazimir smiled almost bashfully. "Thank you. I am honored! I enjoy being near you, as well. Do you want anything while I am here?"

She hesitated a moment "will...will you stay? For a little?" She asked. For some reason she couldnt explain yet. She liked his company, it was comforting

Kazamir blinked owlishly at the request then smiled. "Alright! Allow me to tell Spectra that I will be staying, then I will be back." He stepped out of the wagon and smiled at Spectra. "She wishes for me to stay a little while. Shall I walk you back first?"

Spectra smirked a little "no I'm alright. You two have fun" she said and gave a little wave of her fingers before she headed back to join the others again.

"Oh dear, I do hope she stays safe," Kazamir worried. But he closed the door and sat on the floor across from Adanya. "I am glad you are better! We were most concerned."

"she will be fine" stronger than she seems" she said knowingly "I do feel better...but..what happened? I cant remember"

Kaz frowned, considering his answer. Should he tell her everything? Maybe, but what if she didn't believe him? What if she got more upset and hurt herself?

While he thought, his eyes roamed about the wagon. Something caught his eyes. A beautiful white flower. "Oh! That's pretty!"

"Kaz" she said patiently, patting the ground close by, inviting him to sit with them "please..I dont like not knowing"

"Hmm?" He dragged his eyes away from the flower and blinked at her, first confused then sad as he remembered what they were talking about. "Oh... very well." He scooted closer and hugged his knees lightly. "What is the last thing you remember?"

Her brow furrowed slightly 'I went outaide. Chibani was there...then..." She shook her head "woke up feeling not so good....more dark and..then woke up here..."

Kazamir rubbed his leg slightly. "Well... Vladimir got there first, and he lit up the night, driving away a creature," he said slowly, his brow furrowed. "It disappeared before he could get a look, but we both know the feel. It was a creature of dark, dark magic, the type that should never be played with. I came to help Vlad, and Camilla came to help. She did her best, but the darkness hurt her. Then we took you and Chibani to safety. You were very, very sick. Then the master of rings... Felix, yes? He helped you using more dark magic."

He shook his head, clearly troubled. "That cannot be the end of it. Darkness like that, it does not just die when faced with more darkness. I believe he got it out of you, but to where? I do not know."

Back