Conley Brothers

Adany's remained on him as he spoke and explained what he knew. None of it sounded good.

She reached out and touched his leg "thank you for telling me" she said, picking up that itade him unhappy

Kazimir gave her a shy but sad simle. "I am sorry such a thing happened to you. It was not a good thing, but it seems you are feeling better. This is good!"

"yes. Good now." She assured him,leaving her hand on him as a form of comfort. Humans liked that right? She had seen them do this sort of thing

Kazimir looked down at her hand curiously. He did not mind the touch. He even liked it, but he was used to being the one doing the touching, not getting touched. It was rather nice.

He drew his eyes back up to her and smiled. "Do you want anything? Maybe to eat or drink?"

As he shook her head faintly " just sleep now I think" she didn't have the energy to drink or eat. Some ice if it could be found would likely be good for her to suck on though

"ice" she nodded a little, she could handle that "thank you..my friend" she smiled and snuggled in with Striker, already falling asleep again.

Outside things were pretty quiet, people had formed their little groups of friends

Kazimir slipped out of the wagon and went in search of ice. He wasn't actually certain where to find it, so he went along merrily until he found someone to ask, and they pointed him to the food wagon. He wheedles and cajoled until the cook handed of a sizeable chunk of ice, then he all but skipped back to give it to Adanya.

"I have your ice!" he said as he let himself in.

The next few days were quiet and somber. The dark magic had taken ahold of Chib. Felix couldn't extract it and Camilla couldn't even get close without feeling sick. So he lay asleep still. Really just a matter of time but Adanya mae and Spectra took it in shifts to sit with him.

Camilla had a new glamor but she was still keeping to herself. Trying to process things. She wasn't herself by any stretch and people were noticing.

Still they had to travel on to the next town. They couldn't afford not to. This wasn't just any town. A city in fact. Meant big money for everyone

Claudius shifted nervously in his wagon. He hadn't moved out of the wagon yet. He hadn't wanted to, though now he occassionally sat in the open door in the evening and watched the world of the circus. He could hear the noises of the city over the usual hustle and bustle. There were the familiar voices of Vald with Tim and Tam as well as Vlad's brother as they tried to sort out the wagons. Beyond them were other wagons, and the smell of food drifted toward him from the distant chuck wagon. Whether or not anything was cooking, the wagon always smelled of food.

He stood slowly, almost managing to get fully straight, and wrapped one thin hand around the bars of his cage. Even though the tarp hung down blocking his view, he stared toward the city.

That was about the same moment Camilla tapped on the wooden beam near the flaps to announce her arrival before pushing the flap up a couple moments later.

"Claudius, hello" she smiled faintly. Not quite as cheerful as normal the last few days

"This place has a lot of noise," Claudius rasped, shifting, his sensative ears irritated by the strange new noises. He'd grown used to the circus when it was in business, but this was new. Then he looked at Camilla. "You are quiet."

"We are near a city now. More people. More cars and things" she explained as she came in with his tray of food and placed it on the table set next to his cage so he could come put or stay at the door. Either way.

"Am I?" She asked with his second comment. Too distracted to notice the change in herself

He let go of the cage and crouched, still studying her face with a frown. Then he lifted his hand and pointed his long nail at her. "You do not speak to me much, and when you do, your voice is soft. Softer and softer. Soon, you will have no voice to speak at all." He fell silent. That was a long speach for him.

Camilla was surprised by how much he spoke all at once. It was nice to hear him getting more comfortable talking.
She sighed though and sat on the ground so they were about eye level with each other since he had crouched.

"I'm alright....Just...processing difficult information" she said, glancing down at her new ring and twisting it around her finger. A new nervous habit

Ahe paused and looked up at him "that's..part of it" she admitted. She never lied to him. Their relationship had to be built on honesty and trust.

"But..I am more..scared of the masks my brothers wear...they aren't what I thought they were" she told him

"Good people" she frowned and looked back at her ring and kept twisting it. "They've always taken such good care of me but....I couldn't see the darkness in them...Now that I can I...don't know..what to do" she admitted to him, her shoulders falling slightly "I feel like a fool"

Claudius scowled and leaned closer to Camilla. "You are no fool," he said sharply. "It is not foolish to believe family."

Back