Conley Brothers

She sighed "I don't think my brother would let me leave.." she admitted "but if that wasn't an issue....I don't know" she sakd truthfully "I don't know the outside world much...and I do have friends here...."

"If your brothers keep you here against your will... then you are in a cage as much as I am. Perhaps more," Claudius pointed out quietly. "No one should live in a cage. Like Adanya yelled the first day I came. I did not understand then, but I think I do now." Then he gave one of his complicated shrugs. "Unless you wish to stay because that is what you want, then I suppose it is fine."

"You're not wrong..." she sighed and looked back at her hands "But I don't know what I want now" she looked back up at him "the circus isn't all bad...Just not as perfect as I thought it was"

Claudius shifted to look at her, watching her pretty, perfect face in the dim light here in the shade. "Kazimir," he said then turned back to look at the sky as if that one word answered everything.

Her brow furrowed a little "kaz? What about him?" She looked over, confused. What did Kaz have to do with this conversation

"He knows life outside the circus and has been there the most recently of any of us. Speak to him about what is outside and learn more before making a choice," Claudius expounded.

"Oh.." she hadn't even thought about that "that's not a bad idea...Maybe I will do that" she gave a nod "thank you Claud" of course. She wouldn't leave if he was not comfortable leaving too.

Claudius grunted softly and finally turned to eating the food she'd brought him, satisfied he'd helped her feel a little better. He wondered if she would leave. He would be sad to see her go but happy that she was living a life that she found more fulfilling. The idea that he could leave with her never entered his mind.

Camilla was quiet for a little while, holding her knees and resting her head on her arms, just thinking.

"If I do decide to go....I'll wait until you're ready to come too" she realized she had to tell him theae things as he didn't seem to always understand on his own.

She looked back at him "you're my friend. I won't go leaving you behind at the mercy of my brothers"

He turned to stare at her, his eyes wide. Then he smiled. "Thank you," he whispered. "I would like that... but if you can only save yourself, know that I am alright with that and will not blame you. I know this is not the best life could be, but for me, this is better than I ever remember it being."

She smiled softly "I'm in no immediate danger..and still unsure what I'm doing yet but...if the time comes" she left it at that

Claudius grunted, satisfied with that answer. He finished off his plate and set it aside. "What do you know of the outside?" he asked, curious. "I think I lived there once, but I cannot remember it well."

"Not much" she shook her head "I know people like us have to hide what we are. That's why the circus draws in our sort...they don't have to hide" though she did but that was slightly different.

"It's a different kind of loud...busy..big stores...parties, music"

Claudius listened quietly to her description. "I think I prefer the quiet," he remarked. "But I would be curious to look."

"There are quiet places too. In the country. If we leave here we can find a quiet place" though she would like to be close to a city as well. The night life appealed to her. She had never truly experienced it but rhe idea of it was exciting and and extravagant in a way the circus wasn't

"I think I like the country, what we have seen of it while traveling," Claudius agreed. "We could be close to a city so you could visit." Unknowingly, he voiced her thoughts. "What would we do in the country?"

She smiled, the fact he said her thought she could take as something of a sign

"Good question...people farm out there so rhat I guess?" She knew very little and did not realize how hard a life farmers could have

"I have no idea how to farm." He paused, considering. "As it happens... I do not know what it is I can do, so maybe I can farm." He shrugged a little then rose slowly. "I wish to go back in."

She nodded a little and got back to her feet "alright...I had best go get some rest myself" then she would go check in with everyone again

Claudius hesitated then reached out and awkwardly patted her shoulder. "You... you do a very good job." Then he turned and hurried into the shelter of his cage. Away from awkward feelings!

Back